News:

"The truth is stranger than fiction, but not stranger than fanfiction."

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuthirin

If she's done with it, I'll take it back then.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Oh, the leaf. I thought she never got it since Afina gave it back.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

No I didn't. We just moved onto other stuff after the meeting where I got it so I assumed it was of no import.

Anastasia

Oh hell. In that case we'll cover it after this. My mistake.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Let's have the armies also covered by MCaE and not just walls of force? But other than that I'm fine with the plan, let's do this.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

There will be more loot later once the battle summary is posted, but for now the salient point is:

Everyone in Aurora gains a +1 bonus to wisdom from the manifestation of the Elven Tree.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Updated stats for the wis bump across the board. Gisfal, Stille and Rosa need to adjust spells to compensate for the new wisdom point, mental note.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Tannin (belatedly) levels up!

- Spellfilch 4 and Battle Dancer 17.
- 5 on a d8 for a total of 11 hit points.
- +1 BAB for a total of 19.
- Gains another use of signature spell.
- Gains a fly speed from dance of the soaring eagle. Nice.
- +1 ref and will saves.
- Skills go up as normal.

Nothing too special here, but the fly speed is handy.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Morniel's promoted form has been posted. His manifesting is +1 level since he went to 20 HD as a result of the promotion, that will be updated shortly along with the adjustments to a few others in the post above.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Everyone's spells are up to date now.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Tome of the Regenerator

This book is a deep study of the phenomenon known as regeneration. It covers both non-resurrective regeneration better known as fast healing and resurrective regeneration. It is geared to a reader with a deep background in the healing arts, a strong understanding of basic anatomy and a good comprehension of magical theory. Jaela doesn't have the healing knowledge so this is slow going and some of the finer points are lost on her.

In any case, this book analyzes both types of regeneration. Both place a considerable strain on the body, often inflicting damage as they heal. In essence the body's ability to heal is hyper-stimulated, causing speedy recovery. Therefore, regenerative abilities have to be capable of doing more healing than harm. As such, it's a difficult skill to obtain without magic, as overcoming this limitation is a considerable hurdle. Magic has no such difficulties. Further, the book speculates that this is the root of why regeneration generally has a method of overcoming it. Types of damage particularly taxing and devastating to a creature raise the bar to recovery too high, essentially negating the ability for the body to regenerate.

Interestingly, the book notes that non-resurrective regeneration is not hobbled by this limitation, as it places less of a strain on the body. Further, it specifically excludes spirits that can regenerate, as fundamental aspects of their physiology are different.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

I'll show the book to Hanna and Priest to see if they have any insights. Balyss as well, if she's up to it.

Anastasia

Longspear Mastery

This book is about longspear technique. When read, it explains how to use a longspear in detail, showing all manner of tricks, techniques and skills. The exact benefit varies on how skilled the reader is with a longspear. See the table below.

Non-proficient: Gain Weapon Proficiency(Longspear) as a bonus feat.
Proficient: Gain Weapon Focus(Longspear) as a bonus feat.
Proficient+Weapon Focus(Longspear): Gain Lunging Impalement.

Lunging Impalement (Ex)

As a full round action while wielding a longspear, you may make a single attack at your full base attack bonus against a single target. You gain a +10ft bonus to your reach for this attack. If you successfully hit, you deal a deep wound that deeply weakens your opponent. You deal 1 point of constitution damage on a successful Lunging Impalement in addition to your normal damage.

You may use Lunging Impalement while stationary or at the end of a charge.

This book can only be benefited from once before the mysteries within it fade and it becomes an ordinary tome.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Anastasia

Okay, add it to your sheet.
<Afina> Forever.