News:

"In closing, we have the best hobby ever. The End."

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuthirin

Then I'm probably talking about a different guy.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on May 28, 2016, 01:36:49 AM
Then I'm probably talking about a different guy.

Just as well.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Merc

Would have been funnier if you were talking about the same guy.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Merc

<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

Sunlight
Type: Elemental
Prerequisite: 21+ hit dice
Area: A number of feet equal to the creature's hit dice times its Charisma modifier.
Means of Healing: A dispel fire spell.
Saving Throw: None

This spiritual wound causes eternal sunshine in the affected area. It is always high noon within the wound and perfectly sunny, no clouds blocking the sun. It's as warm as a summer day no matter the weather outside of it. Assuming the temperature in the wound is different than the area outside of it, this causes instability resulting in violent, unpredictable and unnatural weather around the wound. Additionally, endless sunshine disrupts some plants, eliminates fungus growth in the area and causes difficulties for many animals and creatures.

---

Moonlight's spiritual wound she tends to cause, since it came up in Afina's thread. I'll add it to the spiritual wounds article. It's a fairly common one for servants of Lathander. Much like Lathander, sometimes it just doesn't stop when it should and keeps pouring on sunshine.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Quote from: Anastasia on May 06, 2016, 08:28:24 PM
Mechanus tries but the general trend is to simply note time relevant to big planar events. Creation's old enough that only the most ancient and wise truly get into this level of timekeeping, due to sheer weight of time to deal with.

Can I get a rough timeline of some major well-known events in the past? Some that people who traverse the planes would know of or things that could be easily researched in the Aurora Library?
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

All times are approximate and only covering big events. Some of them may be off since I'm doing these without checking notes, in case I make any mistakes. Anyway, this is a sampling of various events. This draws on in game events and lore, posts in the fluff topic and characters and monsters posts.

-A few months ago Muirfinn and friends slew Athux, a rising demon lord of the Abyss.
-20 years ago Seira Aryn and Alicia Reynes rose as new demipowers.
-21 years ago Zquujaj wages war on Hell
-300 to 400 years ago Empress Sulia rises as a new demipower.
-600 or so years ago Beginning of Lifasa's golden age.
-780 years ago Akil bin Faheem obtains Razalim, a powerful but legendarily cursed scimitar.
-1000 years ago Talos abandons Fury's Heart and creates Nature's Heart. His rise is held to be some sort of cosmic counter balance to Torm's fall by many, but this is not confirmed.
-2000 years ago Bel replaced Zariel as Lord of the First.
-2000 years ago War against the Gnomish God-King, which leads to the fall of Torm.
-3000 years ago. Fall of the Lost Eastlands and the rampage of the Destroyer.
-2800 years ago The current Padisha of the Marid took the Coral Throne.
-5000 years ago Primus concludes a vast calculation that indicates Shar will win and end all of Creation. This is known as the Prophecy of Primus.
-8900 years ago Defeat of The Father and his sealing, then the book's transport to Valgadda, which is no more.
- 10400 years ago Lifasa is created.
- 12490 years ago Cerulean Joy and Vel Custos are married.
- 14350 years ago. Cerulean Joy returns to Celestia as a planetar and rises to the position of Authority of Absolution in seven years.
- 67200 years ago. The Lost Chalice is stolen from Celestia and taken to Dis, where she remains in captivity to this day.

After this point, precise timekeeping is uncertain and unclear. However, the order of these events is clear. Note that the last entry above this is not the point in time at which this section begins.

- Cerulean Joy fails to find enlightenment in Jovar and fails to reach Chronias. Disturbed, she leaves Celestia.
- Rogan Palethos explores Elysium and writes one of the only known accounts of Cantasa Alexandria that is not fully anathemic knowledge.
- First known invocation of Zaphkiel's Blessing, which destroyed most of a Prime Material world and vaporized a Far Realm incursion.
- The Angel of Last Resort is created by Queen Morwel.
- Medi's era, leading to the creation and loss of Medicant.
- Creation of the Hecatoncheries, followed by its rebellion and relocation to the Abyss.
- Temporal Compact is agreed to. Time travel past this point is forbidden and enforced by powerful guardians.
- The Red Knight obtains divinity and challenges the demon lord Balum, slaying him and destroying him for all time.
- The first vampire vanishes, either dead or in some sort of sleep.
- Triel, the future Beezlebub, is cast out of the Heavens along with many other celestials for falling to evil's corruption.
- Triel's Furnace is created.
- Eblis falls from the Heavens and goes to brood in Fire, after a short stopover in Hell.
- Creation of the City of Brass and the organization of efreet society by the Crimson Firebrand.

All of these dates are too ancient to have meaningful numbers. However, they're in order as best as anyone could determine. It may be wrong in these cases, but it's a rough idea.

- The angels embrace both law and chaos, preserving harmony in the Heavens and bringing peace to that conflict, if not resolution.
- Alleged creation date of the Siege Malicious. As most sources are yugoloths, this should be taken with several grains of salt.
- Primus first identified as the leader of Mechanus.
- First serious conflicts in what would later become known as the Blood War. Conflict existed but not on the great scale of that right away.
- Queen Morwel become Queen of Stars and established her rule over Arborea.
- Asmodeus became King of Hell and configured Hell into its current political form.
- First known appearance of Zaphkiel, though it is generally held he existed before that.
- Shar and Selune first do battle over a Prime world. Legends say that the world was shattered in the conflict.
- Rise of Good and Evil in addition to Law and Chaos. How this impacted early Creation's planar structure is unknown.
- The beginning. The exact time is lost to history and perhaps intentionally hidden. Little of Creation's beginnings are known, though many creation myths exist.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

With Hamogan onboard, psionic items are available. He knows the following item creation feats. Note he has epic crafting, so he can make epic psionic items.

Craft Cognizance Crystal, Craft Dorje, Craft Psicrown, Craft Psionic Arms and Armor, Craft Universal Item, Imprint Stone, Scribe Tattoo.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Can Tannin look into this for me when he has the chance?

-I want to go find something similar to Triel's Furnace.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Sure. Remind me of it in a few days and I'll post a report. Feel free to elaborate more on what you like about Triel's Furnace and are looking for.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

He's a slekton. Let's just drop a big rock on him and call it a day.

Anastasia

Sure. Would need to be a fairly large rock, though.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

I'm sure we can manage.