News:

"I stand humbled by your vast My Little Pony knowledge."

Main Menu

Loot thread 3: Booty, broads and booze!

Started by Anastasia, August 23, 2011, 02:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

Sure, thanks. It shouldn't take long to pay back something like this.

Helm of Righteous War [1,250gp/5,000gp]. x2.5 for a slotless item, so I need to add x1.5 to what I already paid for it to convert it. That comes down to 1,875gp (1,500gp from Crystal and 375gp from me, leaving me with 230.97gp).

=> Helm of Righteous War [3,125gp/12,500gp; slotless]
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Done, added a note to Crystal's sheet that you owe her. Otherwise I'll completely forget.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

2x Eye ointment made of saffron, fat, & mushroom powder (material component for True Seeing) given to Jaela.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Corwin

Ah, thanks. I'll pay you for those when I have liquid funds.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Yuthirin

No problem. Was auditing my sheet this morning and figured I'd kick them your way while we were all in one place. Pay me whenever.

Related to loot, remember that green dragon that bounces between Ooze and Water? We should kill him too. You know, for the safety of those in the area. Oh, we should take his stuff too. Again, for everyone's safety. I mean, who knows what dangerous and valuable magic stuff he's got. Better we take it and protect everyone else from potentially harmful magic.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Treasure from Yian

Sigil of the Burning Aeropolis

This ring is forged of hellfire blackened cold iron and rubies, warm to the touch. When worn, this ring inflicts 2d6 points of fire damage per round to the wearer. Beyond that you cannot say - there is powerful magic locked within, but a cursory examination is not sufficient.

Spellcraft checks, identify and greater magics or other means can be attempted if you desire.

Dragonart

This red metal amulet is of a dragon in flight, of fine work and the highest filigree. When worn, it grants a +5 enhancement bonus to the wearer's natural attacks, as well as granting natural attacks the wounding special quality. Further, if you are an Initiate of the Draconic Mysteries and have reached ninth level or higher, it applies the bonus from deadly strike to all of your natural weapons.

Dragonart counts as a minor artifact.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Man Willim would have wanted that amulet.

Anastasia

He would have.

---

Lief returns victorious from his excursion! While a full report will come later, the following items are presented to Aurora.

Winner's Trophy

This trophy is a classic cup design, with writing in Celestial and Draconic declaring Lief the victory of this year's Volcano Duels. While not magical, it is made of gold and worth 1,500 gold. Lief would like to offer this to Queen Ilsenine as proof of his victory.

20,000 gold as prize money.

Draught of the Volcanoes

This fire red potion burns with all the heat of Ysgard's many magma veins. When imbibed, it grants a permanent +1 bonus to strength. When used in the construction of a magical weapon, it grants that weapon the Fiery Blast epic ability. To do so requires a DC 45 Craft(Weaponsmithing) check, failure results in the weapon being consumed by flames and worthless.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

<Merc> I'll roll spellcraft on that. The stuff Lief got for the tournament is his. If he wants to donate the draught to Aurora, we can decide what to do with it then. I don't care about the amulet, though I'm sure someone can use it (Baleruk maybe? Dunno).

<Merc> roll d20+28+3 (cunning knowledge) spellcraft on sigil
* Hatbot --> "Merc rolls d20+28+3 (cunning knowledge) spellcraft on sigil and gets 49." [d20=18]
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

Lief will donate the draught and half of his gold winnings as per normal.

---

Sigil of the Burning Aeropolis

This ring is forged of hellfire blackened cold iron and rubies, warm to the touch. When worn, this ring inflicts 2d6 points of fire damage per round to the wearer. When worn by a devil of the pit fiend caste or higher, the ring grants several benefits:

- Mettle, as per the class feature.
- +2 profane bonus to strength.
- Immunity to cold.
- Three times per day, the wearer may cast fire storm as a swift action. The caster level is 21.
- Once per day, the wearer may cast wish as a standard action. The caster level is 21.

When worn by a lower ranking devil, they gain no benefit. When worn by a creature that is not a devil, they suffer the fire damage. Further, each round the wearer's maximum hit points decrease by one. This gradual loss is not noticed by the wearer, save as a faint lethargy. When reduced to zero hit points, the wearer dies and his soul is cast into the heart of the Burning Aeropolis. The ring can be fooled by a successful DC 50 Use Magic Device check. If successful, the ring functions safely for nine hours.  As a side effect of wearing the sigil like this, the creature will radiate an aura of overwhelming evil and law. Further, they will be treated as a devil for the sake of effects.

The Sigil of the Burning Aeropolis is a major artifact. You do not believe it to be intelligent, but you do not immediately grasp its purpose or means of destruction. However, it seems to be newly made.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Merc

No duh. =p

I'll be asking Balyss about it. Or Jaela can take a crack at it, but I'll probably still ask Balyss and/or Stille.

Yuthirin

The Jarl could also cast Commune probably. As he's a cleric.

Anastasia

He could or someone else could, if you wanna do divinations. If you do, draw up a list of questions to be asked.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

You trust that hack? The sigil will probably end up becoming a living artifact that will consume the wearer and work as a spy from inside the Aurora and report to the devils if you put him in charge of it!