Loot thread 3: Booty, broads and booze!

Started by Anastasia, August 23, 2011, 02:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Vacuum prizes (both groups):

1 withered staff
3 coin bags
1 gold ring
A scroll
A scroll
1 set of Necrolyte robes
1 huge Nessian spear
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Gehenna loot:

Captured books x2
Captured notes
Captured scrolls
3 Necrolyte robes (magical)
A metal ingot engraved with runes (magical)
A small skull (magical)
A silver ring (magical)

---

This robe might well be the following, as it seems to be standard for Lixer's Necrolytes. You won't know for sure until you get back to Aurora, though, as you don't have time to identify right now.

Robe of the Necrolyte: Grants a +8 armor bonus to armor class, +5 resistance bonus to saving throws and grants a -1 profane bonus to total spell level of metamagicked spells. (Minimum adjustment of 0, only applies once and not by each metamagic.)

It's a very nice treasure, but inherently evil. Usually requires purification, I'm trying to recall if one was purified in B3.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Corwin

<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Sure!

Robe of the Lifebringer: Grants a +8 armor bonus to armor class, a +5 resistance bonus to saving throws and -1 sacred bonus to the total level of metamagicked spells. This bonus only applies to the total spell level adjustment, not to each metamagic applied. The total metamagic modifier cannot go below 0. Default (along with Specialized Metamagic reduces Quicken spell to an overall +0)
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Earth treasure

1 glass sphere enchanted to be unbreaking
Torn away precious metals and gems
A kitchen knife
A tea set
A coin bag with coins in it
A scroll
Formerly cursed valuables
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

-10000 gold to Canderella for planar ally bribery.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

-10000 from the Aurora fund for Magama's services.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Ithea will want to pick up some scrolls of Gate (9th) and Greater Dispel Magic (6th level).

I'll get the gate scrolls at base CL, and the GDM ones at CL 22:
12.5x9x17x0.25x2=956.25
12.5x6x22x0.25x3=1237.5

Ithea gains 3x Scrolls of GDM (CL22) and 2x Scrolls of Gate (CL17).

She spends 2193.75 gold, she has 37239.22 gold left.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Nephrite

15575.25 - 1000 = 14575.25 for Commune.

Anastasia

Earth treasure

1 glass sphere enchanted to be unbreaking - This sphere is not magical beyond an enchantment to render it virtually unbreakable. However, it would be perfect to form a lich's phylactery and has some value there. It could also hold a soul (as a trap the soul spell) as a gem worth 27,000 gold. It does not shatter if it is used to to hold a soul too powerful for it. 75,000 gold.

Torn away precious metals and gems - 52,155 gold in salvage.

A kitchen knife - A well made and sharp kitchen knife. It's high quality and forged of good steel. 100 gold.

A tea set - A fancy tea set. The stamps on the set indicate it was made by the dao. 1350 gold.

A coin bag with coins in it - 42 gold, 63 silver and 4 copper. Plus a sturdy coin bag if you need an extra.

A scroll - Looks to be a gibberish or a code. Someone could attempt decipher script to figure this out, though currently the time needed for it just isn't there.

Formerly cursed valuables - 38,711 gold.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore has no objections with Smrgol getting part of what he tore down (or all of it? I dunno) for his hoard. He was an invaluable member of the team!

He would suggest whatever else they recovered go to the Aurora Fund, or, if any of it seems of any particular importance to the denizens of Mineral or Earth, to return it to them.

Anastasia

Gehenna loot:

Captured books x2
Captured notes
Captured scrolls

These are various notes on magic, primarily necromancy and the undead. They can be used one of four ways.

1. Added to Aurora's library. This has no immediate impact, though further contributions of rare books and other materials could lead to improvement.
2. Used on their own. As a reference, they grant a +5 circumstance bonus to Knowledge checks about the undead and necromancy and a +1 circumstance bonus to other types of magic. This doesn't stack with Aurora's library or other sources of knowledge and requires time to study the books.
3. Sold. You'd estimate the value at somewhere around 50,000 gold.
4. Some other cheeky idea one of you has.

3 Necrolyte robes (magical)

Robe of the Necrolyte: Grants a +8 armor bonus to armor class, +5 resistance bonus to saving throws and grants a -1 profane bonus to total spell level of metamagicked spells. (Minimum adjustment of 0, only applies once and not by each metamagic.)

Evil, evil, evil. Wearing them will not end well for any of you. Needs to be destroyed or purified.

A metal ingot engraved with runes (magical)

When melted, this ingot produces a liquid that can transmute worthless stone into black onyx. This can produce enough liquid to make 15,000 gold worth of black onyx. Alternately, if melted and mixed with a potion of bull's strength, a potion of barksin+5, a potion of bear's endurance and a fully charged wand of stoneskin, it creates an elixir that increases the imbiber's natural armor bonus by 1.

A DC 20 Spellcraft check is required to successfully convert stone to black onyx. A DC 30 Spellcraft check is required to successfully convert the liquid into an elixir. Failure ruins the material and the ingot is lost.

A small skull (magical)

A dark skull. 60,000 gold.

A silver ring (magical)

A ring of protection+3. 18,000 gold.
<Afina> Forever.