Loot thread 3: Booty, broads and booze!

Started by Anastasia, August 23, 2011, 02:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on February 24, 2017, 04:19:32 AM
Say, what happens if I drink any of these?

DragoViga: A mysterious potion that grants the imbiber the dragonblooded feat. 30,000 gold.
AngelBoosta: A mysterious potion that grants the imbiber the celestial bloodline feat. Evil creatures are not advised to drink this. 30,000 gold.
PixiePowa: A mysterious potion that grants the imbiber the fey heritage feat. 30,000 gold.
EarthShaka: A mysterious potion that grants the imbiber the earth bloodline feat. 30,000 gold.

More spells known is super-relevant to me!
I like the fey bloodline the most, though earth or celestial isn't bad either.

They give you the feat in question. Dragonblooded is different than the others and is basically a small booster. Useful if you want the dragonblood subtype.

The others give bloodline or heritage feats. Note that fey heritage isn't fey bloodline, it's something different from Complete Mage. Also note you can only have one bloodline feat chain. So you can have a celestial bloodline but not a fey bloodline as well. A note in case you or others already have a bloodline feat.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on February 24, 2017, 09:19:20 AM
Quote from: Corwin on March 08, 2012, 05:54:16 PM
Okay. Consolidating it all.

Getting Gauntlets of Ghost Fighting (MIC p126; 5,100/12,000gp)
Getting Gauntlet of Armor Storing MkII (old one was 14k before being sold and worked as a standard, new one is 20k and works as a swift)
Spoiler: ShowHide
This device is a simple metal gauntlet. By speaking the proper command word, you can summon armor from it. While stored, the armor has negligible weight. With a snap of the fingers wearing the gauntlet, the armor reappears. If it were stored along with the suit of armor, a shield appears on the proper arm unless that arm cannot hold it.

If you aren't wearing armor at the time, a suit of stored armor appears on your body, as though you had donned it in the normal fashion. [Activation: Swift].
If you are wearing other armor at the time, it is stored into the gauntlet at the same time the new suit of armor appears on your body [Activation: Move].
If you are wearing armor, you may send it away into the gauntlet [Activation: Swift].

The gauntlet is capable of holding up to six suits of armor and six shields. The armors are held in stasis and shrunk down so small within the palm of the gauntlet that they cannot be seen. Spell durations are not suppressed, but continue to expire. If an effect is suppressed or dispelled, the stored armors appears instantly. If the wearer is not currently in armor, he can choose which of them to don; the rest drop to the ground around him.

Final gauntlet pricing is: Gauntlets of Ghost Fighting [Left/Armor Storing, Right/Weapon Storing] 12,000+20,000+12,000 = 44,000gp. 18,700gp/44,000gp

I'm thinking of a couple upgrades to the gauntlets. First, the gauntlets at present:

Gauntlet of Weapon Storing

This device is a simple metal gauntlet. On command, one item held in the hand wearing the glove disappears. The item can weigh no more than 20 pounds and must be able to be held in one hand. While stored, the item has negligible weight. With a snap of the fingers wearing the gauntlet, the item reappears. The gauntlet is capable of containing the following:

-Up to sixty objects of the same general size and shape as an arrow.
-Up to eighteen objects of the same general size and shape as a javelin.
-As many as six objects of the same general size and shape as a bow (spears, staffs, or the like).

Storing or retrieving any item is a free action. The items are held in stasis and shrunk down so small within the palm of the gauntlet that they cannot be seen. Spell durations are not suppressed, but continue to expire. If an effect is suppressed or dispelled, the stored items appears instantly. The wearer can choose which of them to hold; the rest drop to the ground around him.

Gauntlet of Armor Storing

This device is a simple metal gauntlet. By speaking the proper command word, you can summon armor from it. While stored, the armor has negligible weight. With a snap of the fingers wearing the gauntlet, the armor reappears. If it were stored along with the suit of armor, a shield appears on the proper arm unless that arm cannot hold it.

If you aren't wearing armor at the time, a suit of stored armor appears on your body, as though you had donned it in the normal fashion. [Activation: Swift].
If you are wearing other armor at the time, it is stored into the gauntlet at the same time the new suit of armor appears on your body [Activation: Move].
If you are wearing armor, you may send it away into the gauntlet [Activation: Swift].

The gauntlet is capable of holding up to six suits of armor and six shields. The armors are held in stasis and shrunk down so small within the palm of the gauntlet that they cannot be seen. Spell durations are not suppressed, but continue to expire. If an effect is suppressed or dispelled, the stored armors appears instantly. If the wearer is not currently in armor, he can choose which of them to don; the rest drop to the ground around him.

The changes I would like to effect are:
-Increase the amount of large held weapons in the Gauntlet of Weapon Storing by 1.5 to 2. From 6 to 9 or 12, in other words. I haven't reached the max for the arrows or javelins, so I don't really mind them remaining as is.
-Add the functionality of the Scabbard of Keen Edges to the Gauntlet of Weapon Storing. [Scabbard's price is 16,000gp]
-Remove the Swift and Move activation times of the Gauntlet of Armor Storing, so that it's a free action like with the Gauntlet of Weapon Storing. Since it'd only happen on my turn anyway it's more a way to be freer with my armors rather than sticking to the Millennial one.
-Break down the capacity of the Gauntlet of Armor Storing into separate section, similar to the Gauntlet of Weapon Storing, in the following way:
The gauntlet is capable of containing the following....

• Up to sixty dresses and general purpose outfits.
  • Up to six objects of the same general size and shape as a shield.
  • As many as six objects of the same general size and shape as a suit of armor.

I'd also like to add the following features:
-The Gauntlet of Weapon Storing can cast the Greater Magic Weapon spell on any weapon drawn from it on command up to 3 times per day, similar to the Scabbard of Keed Edges. CL is 20.
-The Gauntlet of Armor Storing can cast the Magic Vestment spell on any armor or shield drawn from it on command up to 3 times per day, similar to the Scabbard of Keed Edges. CL is 20.

I don't think anything here is particularly earth-shattering, but it'd be a very nice upgrade. Gimme a price if it looks agreeable, Dune?

1.5 multiplier of the base price looks fine for those.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on February 24, 2017, 09:53:00 AM
Purchasing:

Bard Mastery: 10,000 gold. (About time!)

There are no restrictions on the bloodline potions even for someone like a pixie, correct? This is sort of ties in with Jaela's question. The only one I'd consider is the Celestial one.

Correct, Moore.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on February 24, 2017, 12:27:21 PM
Quote from: Corwin on February 24, 2017, 04:12:23 AM
Wow, screw you guys! All the books offered and sold while I'm asleep!

Now you know how I feel when you guys buy out everything while I'm asleep!

Serious mode for one sec? Yeah, I get that from someone every shop update. The nature of your schedules means someone's going to run into that each time. I mix up the release times of updates to help mitigate that.

If you all want to introduce some sort of system to try and mitigate that, feel free. That's on y'all.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on February 24, 2017, 12:28:50 PM
Dude, it was legit bought 1.5 months before you remembered to post about it  >_>

Anyway, you got yours! Happiness reigns!

This is true. Be happy the DM was nice and felt stupid over the whole thing.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Original Post.

Follow up post:

Quote from: Corwin on February 24, 2017, 04:12:23 AM
Wow, screw you guys! All the books offered and sold while I'm asleep!

I'll have to get:

Tokens of Love: 650 gold.
Paladin Mastery: 10,000 gold.

Boots modifications... I'll wait on you to post about the extra speed so consider it the poke you asked for on that, so I'll just deal with the Boots of Speed duration doubling.

13,000gp writeup, so 13,000x1.5 = 19,500gp

Money situation: 106,004.77gp - 650gp - 10,000gp - 16,000gp - 19,500gp = 59,854gp

Gains!

Tokens of Love: 650 gold.
Paladin Mastery: 10,000 gold.
Theair: Steel harvested from Benfal immediately after its ascension to Elysium. It is drenched in holy energies, so it should be good for a weapon or armor. 8,000 gold, 2 available.
Better boots!
The satisfaction of purchasing cool stuff.

I'm going to rule cloud wings is an enhancement bonus so 15k. Seems like the sanest answer all around.

Final boots writeup:

QuoteBoots of Swift Travel: Boots of Temporal Acceleration (As a swift action 1/day, act under Time Stop for two rounds, become Shaken for one round after use.) tacked on top of Boots of the Bringer of the White (When worn by a paladin, these boots grant an extra Smite Evil per day. In addition, whenever you successfully smite evil, you gain a +3 morale bonus to attack and damage rolls for the next minute.). Further added the following enhancements from Dana's gift:
- Boots of Speed.
- A +15 competence bonus to Swim checks.
- Permanent fly, CL 5.
- At will Greater Teleport as a standard action, CL 13, 56k or 14k after discount.
- A 30ft enhancement bonus to fly speed.
A +2 boot blade.
[119,312.5gp/477,250gp]

Original price: 115,562.5gp/462,250gp
Final price: 119,312.5gp/477,250gp

Money: 59,854gp - 3,750gp = 56,104gp
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Corwin

Original Post:

Quote from: Corwin on February 24, 2017, 09:19:20 AM
Quote from: Corwin on March 08, 2012, 05:54:16 PM
Okay. Consolidating it all.

Getting Gauntlets of Ghost Fighting (MIC p126; 5,100/12,000gp)
Getting Gauntlet of Armor Storing MkII (old one was 14k before being sold and worked as a standard, new one is 20k and works as a swift)
[spoiler]This device is a simple metal gauntlet. By speaking the proper command word, you can summon armor from it. While stored, the armor has negligible weight. With a snap of the fingers wearing the gauntlet, the armor reappears. If it were stored along with the suit of armor, a shield appears on the proper arm unless that arm cannot hold it.

Final gauntlet pricing is: Gauntlets of Ghost Fighting [Left/Armor Storing, Right/Weapon Storing] 12,000+20,000+12,000 = 44,000gp. 18,700gp/44,000gp
[/quote]

I'm thinking of a couple upgrades to the gauntlets. First, the gauntlets at present:

This device is a simple metal gauntlet. On command, one item held in the hand wearing the glove disappears. The item can weigh no more than 20 pounds and must be able to be held in one hand. While stored, the item has negligible weight. With a snap of the fingers wearing the gauntlet, the item reappears. The gauntlet is capable of containing the following:

-As many as six objects of the same general size and shape as a bow (spears, staffs, or the like).

Storing or retrieving any item is a free action. The items are held in stasis and shrunk down so small within the palm of the gauntlet that they cannot be seen. Spell durations are not suppressed, but continue to expire. If an effect is suppressed or dispelled, the stored items appears instantly. The wearer can choose which of them to hold; the rest drop to the ground around him.

The changes I would like to effect are:
-Increase the amount of large held weapons in the Gauntlet of Weapon Storing by 1.5 to 2. From 6 to 9 or 12, in other words. I haven't reached the max for the arrows or javelins, so I don't really mind them remaining as is.
-Add the functionality of the Scabbard of Keen Edges to the Gauntlet of Weapon Storing. [Scabbard's price is 16,000gp]
-Remove the Swift and Move activation times of the Gauntlet of Armor Storing, so that it's a free action like with the Gauntlet of Weapon Storing. Since it'd only happen on my turn anyway it's more a way to be freer with my armors rather than sticking to the Millennial one.
-Break down the capacity of the Gauntlet of Armor Storing into separate section, similar to the Gauntlet of Weapon Storing, in the following way:

I'd also like to add the following features:
-The Gauntlet of Weapon Storing can cast the Greater Magic Weapon spell on any weapon drawn from it on command up to 3 times per day, similar to the Scabbard of Keed Edges. CL is 20.
-The Gauntlet of Armor Storing can cast the Magic Vestment spell on any armor or shield drawn from it on command up to 3 times per day, similar to the Scabbard of Keed Edges. CL is 20.

I don't think anything here is particularly earth-shattering, but it'd be a very nice upgrade. Gimme a price if it looks agreeable, Dune?
[/quote]

1.5 multiplier of the base price looks fine for those.
[/spoiler]

Presuming the x1.5 thing meant I should use 9 weapons.

Changes:

Changes:

Gauntlets base price: Gauntlets of Ghost Fighting +2 [Left/Armor Storing, Right/Weapon Storing] 26,700gp/52,000gp
Gauntlets price after changes: 52,000x1.5 = 78,000gp

Let's also raise them from +2 to +5. That's a jump from 2x2x2000 to 5x5x2000. Price difference is 42,000gp

Final gauntlets price: 78,000gp + 42,000gp = 120,000gp

Scarlet Gauntlets [Gauntlets of Ghost Fighting +5; Left/Armor Storing, Right/Weapon Storing] 30,000gp/120,000gp

Money: 56,104gp + 26,700gp - 30,000gp = 52,804gp

Nephrite

Since there's a cap of an 80% discount, I will be deducting 80,000 from the Aurora Fund.

Corwin

Nephrite

Corwin

Since Aurora upgrades are actually a lot more affordable, I figure we should work in three directions.
-Afina's golem forces
-Improving our barriers
-General 'quality of life' improvements

[Golems]
Here's Eb's original golem force proposal.

Here's the pertinent part:
QuoteThe cost of all this is 30,000gp per nimblewright, which is 7,500gp after Aurora discounts. She wants to make 20 of them for a total of 150,000gp out of the Aurora fund.

[Barriers]
Barriers fall into two categories, better defense and actually warding enemies off.

1) Create a prismatic wall over the sphere of force around Aurora: 252,000 gold; 4 DC 35 K:A checks; 4 days. ---> Adapt wall to not blind creatures with less than 8 hit dice:  25,000 gold; 4 DC 40 Spellcraft checks; 5 days. ----> Add the ability to turn the prismatic wall on and off: 50,000 gold; 2 DC 40 Spellcraft checks, 3 days.

2) Set up outer walls to project holy power: 50,000 gold, 5 DC 32 spellcraft checks; 2 DC 45 K:A&E checks; 3 days. ---> Set up holy power aura in a 30ft radius around Aurora, 3d6 damage: 100,000 gold; 4 DC 40 spellcraft checks; 2 DC 40 K:R checks; 7 days. ---> Improve holy damage to 6d6: 160,000 gold; 3 DC 45 spellcraft checks; 2 DC 45 K:R checks; 5 days. ---> Improve holy damage to 10d6: 222,000 gold; 3 DC 55 spellcraft checks; 2 DC 55 K:R checks; 6 days. ---> Improve holy damage to 20d6: 580,000 gold; 3 DC 70 spellcraft checks; 2 DC 70 K:R checks; 7 days.

[Utility stuff]

Sending Orbs(Planar sending, allows sendings at will from various points in Aurora): 100,000 gold; 1 DC 35 spellcraft check; 1 DC 35 K:A check, 1 DC 35 K:P check; 5 days.

Add long range Analyze Portal capacity (Allows Analyze Portal results from the nearest portal when detected): 55,000 gold; 2 DC 30 spellcraft checks; 1 DC 30 K:P check; 7 days

Expand dungeon (Double capacity): 50,000 gold; 1 DC 20 K:A&E check; 1 DC 25 spellcraft check; 5 days.

Improve suites (You and anyone else who gets one lives in high magical luxury) ---> 50,000 gold; 1 DC 30 spellcraft check; 1 DC 30 K:A&E check; 12 days.

[My proposal]
Current Aurora fund is at 314,737.31gp.

Let's build the golem force for 150,000gp, and use the other half of the funds to protect Aurora via extreme turtling behind a second layer of prismatic walls. If we roll exceptionally well, we could do some improvements. I'm actually tempted to pay for the suite improvements out of my own pocket, but that's leave plenty other stuff.

Thoughts, suggestions, objections?

Nephrite

Ebiris

So since artifacts aren't easily sellable, why don't we give the Ring of Feared Shadow to Rosa? She has 10d6 sneak attack and one of her rings is just a fluffy thing that boosts the create water cantrip, so she could get good use out of it.

Corwin

No objections.

Also, Dune, I'm asking Afina to make me a spear with Theair. Theair, reveal thy secrets!