Tannin's reports

Started by Anastasia, October 18, 2011, 04:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

For all the information Tannin digs up. Each person or group gets a post.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

The Order of the Whirling Fist

So the story is that the Order of the Whirling Fist was an order of warriors who revered Tempus, the God of War.  I did some digging and it looks like most of them managed to get real up close and personal with Tempus as a result of over-exposure to devil claws. At least the lucky ones, hope some of those souls didn't get stuck on Lifasa after what Abigor did! But that's not all. Heard some people flapping about how one of them got away. Heard he goes by Master of the Fists of War now, traveling the planes to fight. Don't know who he was before, but he doesn't hide his affiliation. Calls himself the last of the Order of the Whirling Fist. Watch out - heard he came out on top of a fight with a berserk cornugon, and you don't wanna fight a berserk cornugon!
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Fey Survivors of Lifasa

Status: Held as hostages and fuel for an obscene ritual. Several dozen pixies were recovered in a raid.

After Lifasa fell apart, the survivors spread to the four winds. Turns out that you all aren't the only ones. But the digging I did went bad, turns out some 'loths are gathering them up for some dark purpose or another. I don't know entirely why, but I got one out and all of you did the rest. Got more questions than answers here, from the whys to the whos to the hows. Hate dealing with 'loths, but damned if it doesn't make me curious.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Elrisa's friends

So the story is that the Knights of the Graceful Blow were on the wrong side of the war. In particular, in Elrisa's world, the dwarves and humans banded together against the elves. I poked my nose into it and found most died in battle. The few survivors are held deep underground in Filmoa, a dwarven-human stronghold deep beneath the dwarven capital city of Glitterrock. Look, I've broken into and out of my fair share of prisons in my time, and this one's damned good. You want 'em out, you better be ready for a fight. These dwarves don't fuck around, and the humans are all battle hardened veterans.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Jaela's Mother

You ever been to the Court of the Stars? I managed to sneak a peek into there when tracking down Hanna. Found a portal and got in. Wandered my way into the palace and found Hanna. Found her helping favored petitioners adapt to their new lives. Got just one look at her before, next thing I know, I'm back in Arborea. That's how those sort of things roll - it's a mystery to solve, and I'm not the one to solve it, I'd bet a thousand marks on it. It's all drama writ large there, and I'm not a star in that particular production.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Evil Green Dragons

One thing you have to understand is that the planes and regular dragons don't mix that much. Sure, you can find some, but most stick to the Primes. Just as well as far as I'm concerned, there's enough fights out here without more dragons. Anyway, the thing is that I did some more digging. There's two green dragons that might be up to your bill.

Telastryiryn - Hides out in Water or the Para-Elemental Plane of Ooze. Word is he has some sort of possible connection to Bwimb, the Archomental of Ooze and Princess(apparently) of Ooze. Word of advice? You don't want to go to Ooze. If you're going to go after this dragon, do it in Water. Trust me.

Comolinahalas - Ever heard of the Quasi-Elemental Plane of Radiance? It's a great place to get a tan, but the catch is that most people don't come back from it. I'm hard up for information on it, but I've found one nugget.  Some crazy green dragon has been raiding over into the Quasi-Elemental Plane of Mineral to make a fortune so obscene that it gets Waukeen all hot and bothered. To do that and hold it and survive in Radiance, he's got to be one of the best of the best. Even if he's the flipping archomental, I'd still rather take him on than go mucking into Ooze.

I can go dig up more information on either of them next time I'm around, if you want.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

27's 'Prophecy'

I looked, sure enough. I found zero, zilch, zippo, zap, zed, zonk. I'm going to note that my talents are better served than chasing after some deluded slaad's maybe prophecies. I'm worried for Creation if slaad prophets are accurate, since they have an extremely tenuous view of what constitutes reality.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Apples of Idun

Status: Nothing solid but a few possibilities. No real leads.

So you want an Apple of Idun? They're hard as hell to get. No one's really sure exactly where they are, and it is said that they're guarded fiercely. To give you an idea of this, the last guardian was Syala, who is now a Goddess. Yeah, I'd think a few times before trying outright theft. Occasionally Sharess grants them to favored mortal worshipers, and sometimes they aren't used but end up on the market instead. No such luck right now, no easy in. I did find one possible connection. An old legend says that Tempus is the one who gave Sharess the Tree of Idun in the first place. She showed Tempus love or something, I don't know. Maybe that's how old legends say that she seduced the hell out of him, I'm not going to ask. The upshot is that perhaps Tempus has some or knows where another tree is.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

The Melding of the Three

Same thing as the Order of the Whirling Fist. A nice order, this one of paladins, who served the Triune Goddess. Long story short and devil claws later, they're all chumming around with the Triune Goddess up close and personal or bound in torment for all time. Got one friend who said he heard of someone like that. Didn't get a name, but she retreated to an obscure monastery deep within Elysium. The Silent Order of Eternal Tranquility is the name. Yes, I asked, and the name means its a group with a vow of silence. Some other things, but I didn't have time to dig too deep. I can look into this later if you want.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Find Merchants!

Merchant hunting is harder than you'd think. You have to talk around, find someone who's successful but not so successful that they're not going to switch up, and then sweet talk them into it. Of course the one I find wants one little manuscript from one little world, and the next thing you know you're dodging undead and plagues! Once I finally got that done, he had to cancel his lease, deal with a debtor who wanted to stall and oh yes, then the authorities got involved! The long story short is that Vel has come to Aurora and is opening up a lore shop.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Glitterrock Expedition!

So there I am, listening to requests for information. Glitterrock, eh? Well, if you've seen one Prime you've really seen them all. Sure, the details always change, but it's usually the same dance to a different tune. Still, you have to know the tune if you want to dance along.  They're prosperous, victorious and not evil. No problems here, Rihel the III is in control and times are good. Really, they're pretty well adjusted folk. The only problem is that the guard's stubborn and persistent, in case you ask the wrong question to the wrong girl you swear was drunk.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

The Radiant Green Dragon!

Looking up this Comolinahalas dragon, sounds easy, right? I go talk around in the local non-native hangout, the City of the Blind. Turns out this dragon has a huge - I mean huge like a bag full of pissed off titans huge - green gemstone that drifts around Radiance. His gemstone half dragon maybe children patrol the place with impunity. He's strong enough to mount raids into Mineral and get away with it, which isn't a small feat. I'd watch out for him if I were you - kick him fast and hard instead.

Oh, and I heard one more bit of news. He has a second breath weapon, like the metallic dragons usually have. It's a blast of pure burning light. It literally sears your eyes out and explodes your brain with overwhelming radiance. May want to watch out for that.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Placeholder for next task as I'm still hashing out posts:

-Search for someone willing to give good rate on baatorian greensteel coins that isn't a devil. Ithea's okay dealing with shady and potentially evil types, just as long as they're not devils. She'd still prefer someone neutral (or good, but that's unlikely) if possible, though.
-Alternatively, can any interesting non-evil items be created after melting the coins, using the material?
- Find old allies of Medi that Elena mentioned.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

The Sherrod Estate and 100 fair recipes!

So near as I can tell, the Sherrod Estate met a bad end. The last of the lineage wanted to recapture former glories, but met eternal unlife instead. Bad break for them, and afterwards the local authorities liquidated the estate. Near as I can tell, no one had any idea the book was evil. No signs in the books I read or any hints of anything off. This puts Vel in the clear - wonder if the book can play dead or hide itself? Something's up with it, sure enough.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Finding out about the problems in the Infinite Stair.

So I do some poking, ask some questions and there it is. A happy lillend, willing to help me. I won't belabor this report since you have all the info, all nice and lined up from that meeting.
<Afina> Forever.