News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

Character Information Archive draft

Started by Corwin, April 10, 2012, 06:30:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

Rather than get it all lost in the nagging thread, here's one dedicated for it. Just c/p from it into your own when you compile it all, Dune?
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Corwin

---Jaela---

Description: Elven ears and silver, almost metallic in appearance feather wings are the most obvious signs of Jaela's heritage. Jaela has straight crimson hair that goes all the way down to her knees; from the front, she leaves shoulder-length bangs that cover the left side of her face and the black eyepatch covering her regenerated left eye. No one could not accuse Jaela of being underdressed; it is a rare occasion that she is out in public without her armor.

Personality: Jaela is a very confident person, and in combination of appearing irreverant that may often be misconstrued as arrogance and superiority over her peers. She doesn't like falling back on her training of acting like a proper and well-spoken diplomat, and long stretches of doing so stress her out.

Beliefs: Jaela follows the Queen of Arvandor, Lady Angharradh, and to a lesser degree the rest of the Seldarine host. She conducts herself according to the doctrine of the Triune Goddess and the code of chivalry of her old order, the Melding of the Three, as befits a knight. She passionately believes in free will and free choice for all.

Goals: To win the war between Good and Evil for her side by defeating the ideal of Evil itself, one person at a time if need be, to ensure the future safety of Lifasa and other worlds. Meanwhile, her intermediate goals are split between seeking out and fighting strong opponents to challenge herself and establishing her Scarlet Patterned Battlefield Style.

Miscellaneous statistics:

Height: 5'11''
Weight: 120 lbs.
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Red, very long

Favorite Food: Cheesecake
Favorite Color: Forest Green
Favorite Creature: Cute fey
Hated Creature: Devils stronger than she
Preference: Outsider
Relationship Status: Single

Corwin

---Jaela---

Jaela-Jaela: People seem to see her as having accomplished heroic things, and it would be nice if she could agree with them about being exceptional. But as long as she never stops trying, she'll justify it all one day.
Jaela-Afina: There's just something about her that stops me from seeing her as cute. Decent, reliable girl in and out of a fight. Nice hat.
Jaela-Muirfinn: Never really been to any oceans back in Lifasa. Hard to believe we're both from the same world. Seems okay if a bit slow on the uptake. Probably means well.
Jaela-Ithea: Weird girl.
Jaela-Adrian: Must be what having a friend feels like. When was the last time we had those? Wish we could be closer. Kinda weak in a fight, have to work hard to make sure he doesn't get too hurt.
Jaela-Annalise: I still don't understand. Why?
Jaela-Elrisa: I really wish I could've brought you back. Looking back, I tried harder than with anyone else. We probably could've been great friends. Best of luck with that reincarnation thing.
Jaela-Misalea: Pretty cute, but feels kind of off for some reason. Can't rely on her in battle, will probably die if left to her own devices. Makes a cute couple with Adrian. Probably shouldn't try too hard to spend time with Adrian or she'd misunderstand.
Jaela-Dana: As pretty as she is thick-headed. I wonder how bad her life must've been to end up like that. Can be taught new things, so probably will survive future battles. It's kinda sad she's probably my only friend. Am I a masochist?
Jaela-Tannin: Tries too hard to be cool and mysterious. Would probably be a great pal if he felt more accessible. Could he really be an enemy out to kill Ithea? If it comes to that, I'm choosing Ithea over him.
Jaela-Arrel: You're an eagle, not a dragon. Pretty cool with that stuff being ignored.
Jaela-Tepen: You'll always be the old man for me. Sorry I couldn't cure you all the way, but we're working on that. Ithea crushing on you is utterly hilarious, even if I can understand why. Thanks for supporting me even when you disagreed.
Jaela-Jarl: Is he even a real healer? Although probably a quack, a pretty decent guy overall. It's a shame we don't talk more often but between the quackery and that abomination of a game he likes we probably don't have many topics for conversation anyway.
Jaela-Lief: Adorable, as befits a pixie. Probably shouldn't tell him that. Brave and competent, would take along into a fight.
Jaela-27: Stop being so creepy if you want me to treat you like a pet. Stop being such a dick if you actually want me to survive. Weird beyond all reason, but then again is Ithea's pet.
Jaela-Crystal: Adorable, as befits a pixie. Will probably okay to tell her that, she seems to like cute things too judging by her mount. Heart appears to be in the right place, I wish we got to work closely together more than just the once.
Jaela-Hope: How cute! Is that really a dragon?
Jaela-Drena: Diplomatic missions are probably the best use for him. Heart is definitely in the right place. Seems kind of weak. Maybe he'll get better after training enough with us.
Jaela-Kascha: Simply adorable! Doesn't she make you want to protect her forever and ever? A bit scatterbrained, but it's part of her charm. Should never be allowed to go anywhere but an explicitely friendly realm without competent guardians.
Jaela-Master: Seems okay. Is probably strong enough to fight me on an even footing.
Jaela-Baleruk: I don't regret recruiting him. Bahamut is a colossal dick for what he did to Kascha, if nothing else, and Tiamat lives in the Hells. Is both funny and strange. How can something so huge and powerful want to stoop to common theft over something shiny? Doesn't he have any pride?
Jaela-Hanna: More of a big sister than a mother, really, but a pretty neat one overall. I hope I don't waste my millennia of living like she did, though. After all that time, she's still only up to one decent weapon? I want to see her craft stars.
Jaela-Sylvie: Feels hypocritical, rejected any attempts to become closer. I still think the Aurora will be good for her, but she'll need to turn for friends elsewhere after all that. I'm done trying.
Jaela-Morniel: I'm glad he's here. Tyr's an okay sort. For a diplomat, Morniel doesn't really have much of a presence. Is that by design? Whichever works for him, I guess. Is incredibly hot, how is it that he's still single?
Jaela-Queen Ilsenine: Another pixie where 'cute' doesn't quite fiy her. I wonder if it's because of her captivity? I wish I could do something for her, and maybe one day she'll take me up on that.
Jaela-Mirima: Pretty. A bit pushy, but that can be fine as well. Knows the burden of leading and losing people, so there's kinship from that. Not sure if she can fight in a proper battle; better get her better gear first. Likes me too. Can we be friends?
Jaela-Canderella: I can't believe she's a fiend. Acts cute. Can keep up with me in a fight, if only for a bit. Impressive for many reasons. I want to get to know her better.
Jaela-Vul'lath: I'm glad we saved him. Comes off as a bit greedy at first, but I know that's not how he truly is now. A solid ally. Interests seem too varied to have any focus for us to share, but we could probably chat about all sorts of things without awkward pauses. I wonder how can make the stay at the Aurora better for him and his apprentices?
Jaela-Gisfal: Seems pretty competent, and is honorable just like his reputation states. He's clashing with Mom over leadership and training. I wonder what that means for me. We really should get to know each other better if we're to lead the Aurora's forces together.
Jaela-Ebony: I think she understands me. I'm glad she's around, and we'll certainly have a chance to find that out. Is probably too weak to go out on her own, so the same routine as Kascha would be best until I know better. Bakes an excellent chocolate cake.
Jaela-Elena: Cute! So cute! Definitely scatterbrained. Fun to be around. I hope to find a way to let her travel outside the Aurora. Even the best home can become a prison if you can never leave it. Still, what do you see in Galariel?
Jaela-Galariel: It's awkward to act around someone you killed. Doubly so if they asked you to, and didn't even tell you they would revive. Why so uptight?
Jaela-Naliel: Betraying me was uncool, but what really bugs me is that you never so much as said anything. There's still a door with your nameplate on it next to my old room. Don't you have any doubts over what happened?
Jaela-Willim: Demon troll. Still think he attacked me on purpose that time on Ysgard. Couldn't get along with him. Died fighting the good fight, so I can respect that.

Ebiris

---Afina Petalwisp---

Description: Short pale-green hair and androgenous looks on a lithe body mean Afina could easily be mistaken for a boy were it not for her care to dress in conspicuously feminine - if clownish - attire. She favours clashing colours, predominantly dark for her usual wear but that's more a practical matter of stealth than one of style; when the occassion merits it she more than welcomes the chance to wear bright and loud clothes. An elaborate hat with twin floppy peaks is worn as a matter of course.

Personality: While kind and generous to a fault, Afina is often distant and remote from her peers. Bitter past experience had taught her that anyone she let into her heart would only hurt her - or even worse, be hurt by her at the command of her Queen. She finds herself ill at ease in most social situations, and only when there's a problem to solve or a battle to be won will she push herself forward - albeit typically in a blunt and violent manner. With the issues of such a diverse group on Aurora as well as her prominence as a leader she forces herself to act against her type, but it's a slow and clumsy transition.

Beliefs: Afina believes in the pre-eminence of fey as custodians over the natural order of things, and in the origin of all with the World Tree. These beliefs have been challenged this entering the planes, but she holds onto them, even while willing to hear out and give credence to alternate explanations. She has adapted her worldview to incorporate deities as beings with equal standing to leaders of greater sylvan courts, and considers the relationship between a worshipper and her god in the same terms without much consideration for the spiritual aspect.

Goals: To remove the devils from Lifasa and furthermore slay every devil in existence and remove Hell from the wheel of creation. Everything else is but a step along the way.

Height: 2'4"
Weight: 29lb
Eyes: Green
Hair: Green
Homeland: The Gloaming Forest

Favourite Food: Milk & Honey
Favourite Color: Purple
Favourite Creature: Nixies
Hated Creature: Devil (Cornugons in particular)
Preference: ???
Relationship Status: Married to murder

Afina-Afina: I thought all I would ever be was a murderer. But in the face of so much death I feel I can be something more... I feel guilty but I like it.
Afina-Jaela: Her words of mercy for devils are very worrying, but I hadn't cause to doubt her before. I only wish she was more stable. Isn't it ironic for a pixie to be thinking that about an elf? I know how they usually think of us...
Afina-Ithea: A nice reliable presence in command. Maybe she doesn't push forward as much as Jaela, but she's steady as a rock.
Afina-Muirfinn: I think whenever people talk about how Lifasa was perfect and peaceful and happy, they were thinking about people like him. Most of the peacemakers must be dead, so it's nice to see proof of one.
Afina-Willim: So annoying! Always grabbing people like they were furniture and acting so tough! Sorry he died, though. There are too few of us left, for all our faults.
Afina-Elena: I'm glad she's accepted us in her home. I'm also glad she has other pixies to turn to for romantic advice, now. She is adorable, though...
Afina-Galariel: I would have been nicer about killing him if I knew he was going to stick around. I never really got to see any of my victims after before... I hope they're all as accepting.
Afina-Adrian: He whines too much, but sometimes there's a bit of wisdom amidst it all. I'm glad he's found happiness, too. We need children to have hope of this Crusade meaning anything... not that I have plans myself, I suppose.
Afina-Annalise: I put aside all my reservations about dealing with a monstrous abomination against the natural order because I wanted to harness her power. She probably caused as many problems as she solved, but I actually don't regret it. If we ever meet again I hope it will be as friends.
Afina-Elrisa: I wish I had more of a chance to spar with her. We could have learned a lot from each other. If I'd been stronger against that cornugon she wouldn't even be dead...
Afina-Misalea: I respect her efforts to remember Elrisa by embracing her arts, but I think a lot of us missed her gentle side when it fled. Maybe Adrian can draw it back out?
Afina-Dana: Just a petualnt princess acting out, but the gem of a legendary warrior queen lies in there somewhere. I hope to see it polished to shine.
Afina-Tannin: I trust him. Even with 27, even with knowing how Lifasa fell. He's given no reason not to trust him, so I'm not falling into that trap. A pity he never really stands still long enough to get a better handle on him.
Afina-Arrel: Oh how I hate Bahamut. I think we were friends, but now... we'll work past it. Arrel's no fool, at least.
Afina-Tepen: 'Elder', how cute humans can be... Still, I like him a lot. Keeping on with his soul so ravaged and not a word of complaint, who couldn't admire that? I will find the fiend respnsible and tear him to pieces.
Afina-Jarl: Looking back, maybe forcible conscription wasn't the best approach, but I'm glad he seems happy anyway. We've done right by him since then and he's done right by us. Violating the Cycle or not...
Afina-Lief: Clawing his way out of that Yugoloth prison and surviving alone and naked on Hades shows a will of adamantine. I wonder if he'd have ended up like me if he'd lived in the Gloaming Forest? I think it's a good thing he didn't, even if another assassin would be useful.
Afina-27: So glad we finally figured out his mystery and got some straight answers. I appreciate the support from him and his patron, even if we don't have much in the way of meaningful personal interactions.
Afina-Crystal: Funny, I barely knew her on Lifasa even as we fought together in the last battle, but now she's like a sister. I only wish I could make her better protections so she'd be in less danger fighting.
Afina-Hope: I thought he was cute and nice! I suppose I still do, but it's sad that he looks at me with such fear in his eyes... I'm not unused to such looks, but normally it's been earned.
Afina-Drena: As hard to grasp as the wind, unsurprisingly. A pity he and his elementals have no desire for armour or weapons, there's just little I can do to provide for them...
Afina-Kascha: Just a little bit too touchy-feely when she's drunk, but it's charming all the same, and very friendly and intelligent otherwise. I like her a lot, but I better make sure we never drink together.
Afina-Master: He's rather like me in some ways, which could be why we've never talked.
Afina-Baleruk: Any God that could deny his colourful and loud existence is a God I want nothing to do with. Admittedly he does need a careful touch because of his ego and temper, but he knows well we're all he has. And since all other dragons hate us, he's all we have.
Afina-Hanna: In some ways she's like a giant-sized Crystal... makes sense since they're both knights of the same grand Court. Like attracts like, after all. Her constant fights with Annalise were a concern, but that issue has taken care of itself, unfortunately.
Afina-Sylvie: It's not uncommon for fairies to abandon their children shortly after birth, and nobody thinks much of it. Humans are different, I understand, and it seems to have coloured much of her life. I can't hate her as others do, but like Annalise I wonder if she'll ultimately cause us her share of problems when her vendetta against Chauntea catches up with her.
Afina-Morniel: It's so nice to see a reasonable side of Celestia. His ideas have been helpful, though I hesitate to rely too much on an ambassador, I think his intentions are genuine enough.
Afina-Ilsenine: My Queen and the one responsible for how my life has turned out. I'm not blind enough to say she doesn't deserve my hatred, but she'll never have it. She has her part and I have mine, and I served her gladly all those years. Even if my position in Aurora complicates things, she doesn't stop being my Queen.
Afina-Mirima: I haven't seen much of her. I don't even know for sure if she's a worthy successor to Elrisa... perhaps I should find out how well she wields that Courtblade I made for her.
Afina-Canderella: I'm glad we convinced her to come along with us. Travelling through Water she was an enjoyable companion, and I'm sure she'll be an asset to the Crusade. Her insights into outsider mindsets were fascinating and put much in perspective for me. I wonder how she and Annalise would have gotten along, though...
Afina-Vul'lath: I'm glad we gave him a new lease on life and I'm glad he's put it to use helping us. I just wish his apprentices didn't look so sour-faced about it all the time.
Afina-Gisfal: I feel like we spent too much time getting a green dragon heart and lost a lot of time that we could have had him on board. He's already showing a dynamic presence and I wonder how he would have affected the early days if we hadn't delayed.
Afina-Ebony: I almost stabbed her when she mentioned serving a devil. I'm glad I didn't, though - she makes for pleasant company and her perspective could be useful. Just don't give Jaela an excuse to start on about making friends with the actual devils, though...
Afina-Stille: His come-ons are both annoying and endearing, mostly the former but he's clearly nice and kind enough that I can't discount the latter.
Afina-Balyss: A pity she's only here out of duty but she's not the first and won't be the last with only that to bind her. Seems a lot more reserved than her brother, but a few outbursts shine through if in a different fashion.

Yuthirin

---Muirfinn---

Description: Muirfinn is a humanoid tortoise. He is built stout and proud, though he is nearly a foot shorter than the majority of the rest of his race. The back of his seaweed-green shell is splashed with natural colors and inlaid with various pearls and corals, brightening it even further. His scaly skin is a deep sea green and his beaky snout is heavily pronounced. He often smells of ocean salt and sea breezes. He wears naught but a loose but well-tailored robe around himself as representative of his status within the Aurora tribe. He is often seen in the company of a skittish water elemental, tending the gardens together.

Personality: Cheerful and pleasant, Muirfinn does his best to be as diplomatic as possible. He is calm, deliberate, and not prone to making snap decisions. Occasionally, he overthinks things though, and can be difficult to move on particular issues. He occasionally has difficulty relating to non-tortle humanoids due to a clash of culture or beliefs, but always seeks a harmonious solution to a problem.

Beliefs: While Muirfinn firmly follows the Mother Ocean, he also respects and reveres the three other deities of the tortles. He believes in the harmony of nature and believes that all creatures have a place within it.

Goals: Muirfinn has two goals. The first is obvious, in that he wishes to return home to Lifasa. He is fully prepared to dedicate an eternity to restoring the once-tranquil prime to its former glory. His second goal is to save his people. As a dying race, or so he believes, there are few tortles left, and even fewer of breeding age. He hopes to see them begin to have children and prosper on the Aurora.

Height: 5'
Weight: 200 lbs.
Eyes: Solid sapphire with a hint of a glow behind them
Hair: Smooth green scaly head

Favorite Food: Grub Pudding
Favorite Color: Green
Favorite Creature: Most animals, plants, and vermin
Hated Creature: Devils, black dragons, and those who would destroy nature for no gain
Preference: Reptiles
Relationship Status: Widower

Muirfinn-Muirfinn: For all of my faults, I must succeed. I must. Failure cannot be an option.
Muirfinn-Jaela: A bit scary, and certainly the most foul-mouthed angel I have ever come across, she is nevertheless an adequate leader, and the troops seem to like her.
Muirfinn-Ithea: One of the first members of the Aurora I met. She seems a stalwart companion, if a bit irreverent.
Muirfinn-Afina: While I have seen my fair share of fey on Lifasa and beyond, I have yet to meet one with eyes as old as hers.
Muirfinn-Willim: ...really? A demon troll? And a trained warrior as well? I'd like to have met him. I'm sure his story would have been interesting. I hear he wasn't too bright though.
Muirfinn-Elena: Very helpful, and provides enjoyable company. Seems to be having some difficulty with her love life and her appearance in regards to it.
Muirfinn-Galariel: Ah, the rarely seen majordomo of the Aurora. Regretfully, I've not exchanged more than a few words with the man.
Muirfinn-Adrian: Another of the original group that rediscovered the Aurora, he is a good man, and a strong fighter. I would not regret heading into battle with him, I think.
Muirfinn-Annalise: I held my peace because she was Jaela's pet project, but now I hope that Jaela understands. Evil is at its worst when it enjoys being so. Such evil cannot be saved. Undeath on top of that just makes it worse, and more insidious. She was a powerful one of our number, but I cannot truthfully say that I will miss her. Her death is a blessing, and not any failure of Jaela's.
Muirfinn-Elrisa: While it is sad that the Aurora lost one of its own, she has gone on to fuel the great cycle. Her death will in turn bolster those around her with greater resolve, and many may rise even higher than she, with time.
Muirfinn-Misalea: While she can fight, she seems...it is as though she has put on a garment that looks ungainly on her, and does not suit her well. Perhaps she should leave the fighting to others, lest an untimely death cut short the life she seeks to begin.
Muirfinn-Dana: Yet another foul-mouthed girl, this one some sort of aasimar princess. I wonder if this is more common among celestials and their children than I had previously believed. Still, her antics are amusing, and she is very tough. I understand that she was courting Willim, or vice-versa. That takes guts, courting a troll.
Muirfinn-Tannin: A fine man, and a sleuth as well. Perhaps a treasure hunter too? His stories must be grand, I can't wait to sit down with him and go over some of them.
Muirfinn-Arrel: He is a giant eagle who believes that he is a dragon. He makes me nervous.
Muirfinn-Tepen: I have great respect for this man. His knowledge far outstrips my own, and conversation with him is rarely anything but fully engaging.
Muirfinn-Jarl: The giants are amusing. A raucous lot, they are pleasant and fun-loving. Their simple game of rock-throwing draws many, and some of them are very skilled at it. Sometimes it is the simple things we neglect, and we lose sight of what we are fighting for. The giants seem to hang on to simple ideas well though.
Muirfinn-Lief: A fighter and survivor if I ever met one. This is quite possibly the toughest pixie I have ever met.
Muirfinn-27: Such an odd little creature, even for a slaad. His penchant for cryptic prophesies and nonsense irritate most people, but I find them terribly amusing and an enjoyable way to spend an afternoon.
Muirfinn-Crystal: Some sort of pixie knight? I have yet to see her in action, but others tell me she is impressive.
Muirfinn-Hope: Crystal's steed, and a noble one at that. I should take the time to converse with this little dragon.
Muirfinn-Drena: Seems a bit lacking in combat. He may do better in a support role. Surprisingly talkative for an elemental. I should really find the time to sit down and speak with him.
Muirfinn-Kascha: Poor girl, allowing her to die in the ambush on Earth is one of my greatest regrets. While I was relieved that she was not permanently destroyed, I understand the feelings of her friends and their irritation with me when I attempted to comfort them. I must remember that most mammals view things differently than we.
Muirfinn-Master: I have spoken to the Master on occasion, and while most of our conversations invariably turn to the art of combat, he is wise far beyond what I expected.
Muirfinn-Baleruk: He's very loud, don't you think? Still, having a massive dragon on our side is a great boost to our confidence as a group. A lot of people are frightened of him and rightly so, but I believe they realize that it is better that he is on our side than not.
Muirfinn-Hanna: Jaela's mother? She is kind, and surprisingly less scary than Jaela is. Go figure. She's got a bit of a foul mouth too, though not as bad as Dana or Jaela. Still, my theory is becoming sounder every day.
Muirfinn-Sylvie: Very smart for such a young lady. Seems not to get on very well with some people, and I often wonder what she did that would leave her barred from Chauntea's realm. Perhaps it is something that diplomacy could smooth over in the future.
Muirfinn-Morniel: An angelic diplomat for a group that sorely needs a diplomat. He is often away from the Aurora when not assisting with troop structure, and I like to think that it's for the best. He provides a calm and comforting face for us.
Muirfinn-Ilsenine: Unfortunately, I have never met the woman. She seems to keep to her quarters.
Muirfinn-Mirima: A strong woman, and from the looks of it, a good fighter. Time will tell to see if she surpasses her predecessor or not, though that will hardly be my place to judge.
Muirfinn-Canderella: What an absolute joy it was to meet someone who could understand the need for balance and in a succubus as well! I could easily converse with her for hours.
Muirfinn-Vul'lath: The second in the team of three that I have invariably found myself to be a part of. His knowledge is invaluable, and I am glad that we snapped him up before the lich queen could.
Muirfinn-Gisfal: The newest general of the Aurora, I understand he has some sort of fort made from the corpse of a green dragon? That's...a bit extreme, even for me.
Muirfinn-Ebony: A lovely and kind woman. She recovered from her death quite well, and with the blessing of her goddess no less! Dedication and faith at its finest!
Muirfinn-Stille: Cocksure and overconfident, he is nevertheless skilled in combat. I'm sure he will be a welcome member of our team. Watching him flirt with both death and Ithea has been fun to watch.
Muirfinn-Balyss: I know very little about her. Seems hotheaded, and it appears that she has some unpleasant history with Sylvie. Could be a problem in the future, but I hope it isn't. We have enough problems without fighting each other.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

---Adrian Barnan---

Description: Adrian is on the tall side, with black hair and rugged good looks. He has a certain unsettling air to him at times, though this has been improving recently. He wears a cloak and pendant, as well as well kept mithral armor.

Personality: Adrian is a simple man thrust into a role he never really wanted. He's a typical warrior with macho leanings, the sort you'd find in the middle ranks of every army from here to the end of Creation. He tends not to be a leader, but instead a follower, usually accepting the directions others choose.

Beliefs: Lifasa and Aurora.

Goals: The complete defeat of Baator in every form, the liberation and restoration of Lifasa, and taking revenge on all the devils responsible in the sacking of Lifasa. Now that he has someone to love, he wants to give Misalea the beautiful world he grew up in.

Height: 6'1
Weight: 213 pounds.
Eyes: Dark brown.
Hair: Black.
Homeland: Lifasa

Favorite Food: Chicken.
Favorite Color: Blue.
Favorite Creature: Star elves.
Hated creature: Devils.
Preference: Straight.
Relationship status: Engaged to Misalea.

No theme; Adrian is the baseline.

Adrian-Afina: I admire your strength so much, and wish I had some of your dynamic speed. I wish you'd continue to loosen up, it's so hard to talk to you.
Adrian-Jaela: A complete bitch, and I mean that in a good way. If only she didn't have a habit of having blind spots, but she's an amazing warrior.
Adrian-Ithea: So this is what having a kid sister feels like?
Adrian-Willim: I wish you'd made it, buddy. You were the best demon-troll I've ever met. Also the only one.
Adrian-Muirfinn: Here I thought tortle stories were the results of bards with too much free booze in 'em. Is everyone but me from Lifasa an archmage?
Adrian-Annalise: Rot in whatever hole you crawled back into, vampire.
Adrian-Elrisa: Please, please, please reincarnate into a man.
Adrian-Misalea: I never thought I'd find someone to love.
Adrian-Dana: Dana is a disturbing freak, but she makes a good drinking buddy. Enjoy having her around, I can't see her surviving the war.
Adrian-Tannin: Great guy and a lot of fun. Finally another man and not yet another woman. Hey, I like working with hot women as much as anyone, but come the fuck on. Tannin's a breath of fresh air.
Adrian-Arrel: Whose idea was it to recruit a species confused giant eagle again?
Adrian-Tepen: I promise you that you'll see a restored and free Lifasa in your lifetime, Elder. If it wasn't for you, Aurora would never have been found.
Adrian-Jarl: Is awesome for giving me and Tannin good odds on Galuh wagers. Too bad about his magic.
Adrian-Lief: I knew a gay guy back on Lifasa, and he reminds me of him. Yet despite all the pixie mannerisms he's macho. I'm never quite sure what to make of it.
Adrian-27: What the fuck are you?
Adrian-Crystal: Something about the Lifasa pixies is off. One's a warrior paladin and the other's Afina.
Adrian-Drena: Needs to learn how to bluff when he has nothing...as long as he's not playing against me.
Adrian-Kascha: Needs a big, strong man to take care of her. She seriously needs to be someone's wife.
Adrian-Master: So impressive. No distracting beauty, no empty words, just pure, caged skill, power and lethality. He's harder to wound than a knight captain in adamantine full plate and hits harder too. I wish I was like him.
Adrian-Baleruk: It's hard to be around him, since I alternate between being amused and terrified.
Adrian-Hanna: Jaela without the blind spots and bullshit. If she wasn't taller than I am and I wasn't spoken for, I'd go after her.
Adrian-Sylvie: She's a bitch. A bitch that's right about that vampire, but still a bitch.
Adrian-Morniel: I've been trying to get him to take more of an active roll, but he keeps demurring. What game is he playing at, or is he just resigned to being damage control in the shadows?
Adrian-Ilsenine: I don't pray, but I said a prayer to Ilmater after you were brought to Aurora. There are no words.
Adrian-Mirima: Nice girl once Misalea defused the tensions in the Graceful Blow groups. Unbelievably hot, but also unbelievably gay.
Adrian-Canderella: Boing.
Adrian-Vul'lath: He's a gith, but at least he's a useful one. Glad to have him along for the Crusade.
Adrian-Gisfal: If his stories are right, we're going to end up drunk, on top of Elrisa's tower and throwing kegs of beer down to screaming, partying soldiers...and it will be the most awesome thing in my life.
Adrian-Ebony: I've barely met her, but she seems nice.
Adrian-Stille: Hasn't met.
Adrian-Balyss: Oh yeah, they're from heaven alright.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

---Misalea---

Description: Misalea is a pointy eared elf possessed of beautiful and flowing silvery hair. She has an ethereal presence, almost fading in and out of view like faraway starlight. Her voice is pleasing and lyrical, well trained from years of bard song. Her face varies, while beautiful, it is now often lost in a look of determination or contemplation. When it is not, a radiant, elven beauty shines forth. Beyond this she is slightly tall for an elf.

Personality: Misalea is overwhelmingly determined to carry on Elrisa's legacy. She is driven and determined, pushing herself ahead to reach and overcome her limitations. She seldom smiles these days, save for when she is around Adrian.

Beliefs: Misalea reveres the Seladrin, and in particular Corellon Latherian. While not a devout worshiper, she draws comfort from her faith, especially knowing Elrisa's fate.

Goals: Complete revenge against Baator coupled with fulfilling the legacy Elrisa has left behind. Until Misalea masters the ultimate technique of the Graceful Blow and the devils have been chastised, she will not rest.

Height: 5'2
Weight: 103 pounds.
Eyes: Silver-blue
Hair: Silver
Homeland: Maeliarwood

Favorite Food: Celery.
Favorite Color: Silver.
Favorite Creature: Nymphs.
Hated creature: Cornugons.
Relationship status: Engaged to Adrian.

I hope you're at peace up there, Lady Elrisa. What's been going on here? Well...

Misalea-Afina: Afina truly does embody the spirit of our art. There's steel within her, a steel that was forged before she left Lifasa. I'm glad she's here, and I bet you are too.
Misalea-Jaela: I wanted to hate her at first. She didn't understand, wanting me to sing instead of practicing your art...my art! But she freed Mirima and so many others, and I know that made you as happy as it made me. Watch over for her, for as much grace as she has, she doesn't understand how to use it.
Misalea-Ithea: Oh, Lady Elrisa, I just want to pet her! I know she's not a cat, but I see those ears and I want have her in my lap in front of a warm fireplace! She's so cute!
Misalea-Willim: I know he's not with you. I can't imagine anyone up there would take him. Still...do you think he's happy now? Can a brutish man like that find real happiness?
Misalea-Muirfinn: Lady Elrisa, I never imagined there were living, walking turtles! It's the most amazing thing! He's a man and has no talent or grace to him, but I expected nothing else from a turtle. He makes it up with wisdom, I suppose.
Misalea-Adrian: I love him, Lady Elrisa. I know...I know you didn't approve of him, but he makes me happy. Please bless us...please. I can't stop from caring about him, but I can't survive having my heart sundered again. So please...please, please don't be ashamed of my choice.
Misalea-Annalise: I never trusted her, you know. Still...I never had time to really deal with her and then she was gone. I don't really know what to think about her, Lady Elrisa, only that I mourn seeing Jaela's heart broken.
Misalea-Elrisa: Bless me, Lady Elrisa, and please tell me that I've lived up to your art. A sign, an omen, a dream, something. Anything. I haven't failed you, have I? I am good enough now, aren't I?
Misalea-Dana: She's completely unworthy of any legacy, isn't she? I know you have to have reached the same conclusion, the little sneak. I can't take my eyes off her...she's a homewrecker who only lives for herself.
Misalea-Tannin: Mmmm. *Giggle* Isn't he just gorgeous, Lady Elrisa? I know he wasn't your type, but surely you have to agree when you look in on us.
Misalea-Arrel: Do they have wonderful birds like Arrel in the Eternal Forest? I like to imagine that he's one of the great birds that helps pull the sun up each morning.
Misalea-Tepen: Adrian thinks the world of him, like a father. For a man, he's wise and understands that brute force isn't everything. I think you'd have liked him, Lady Elrisa.
Misalea-Jarl: Terrible! I hate him, Lady Elrisa! Adrian comes home drunk after seeing those annoying and loud Galuh matches! It's a horrible sport with no grace or beauty at all, and he's the ringleader of it all. MEN!
Misalea-Lief: Pixies are charming things, even when they're men. At least these men have an idea of what grace is. Have you peeked down and saw him when he's practicing around the golems? He moves like you moved, Lady Elrisa. It's amazing to watch.
Misalea-27: This thing, 27...no, let's talk about something nicer.
Misalea-Crystal: Lady Elrisa, how can I bring her into the school? I want to, but she's so dedicated to her current path that it never works. Could you find it in your mercy to send her a sign or omen?
Misalea-Drena: Beautiful. Such grace, like the wind we at times seek to mimic. Don't you agree? I also wonder about this Lady Chan he speaks of.
Misalea-Kascha: Another potential student. She has the skill, I just know it. If I can just get through to her!
Misalea-Master: Have you been watching when we spar? I've never met a man like him, a man with his effortless skill and defenses. It's embarrassing and rather intriguing. A man can't have this manner of skill, but he does. How? He shouldn't be possible. It's not right. He's not right, Lady Elrisa.
Misalea-Baleruk: There's only one word for dragons: Majestic.
Misalea-Hanna: Surely she was kicked out, wasn't she? No elven woman acts like she does, surely she offended the proper ladies.
Misalea-Sylvie: I...she scares me, Lady Elrisa. I mean, I just...she scares me, because she's so good at what she does, and learns so easily. I feel like she can do anything, and the Graceful Blow would just be a small effort to her.
Misalea-Morniel: Oh yes. I will write a song about him one day. He'd be soothing if he didn't make my heart race, you know. Lady Elrisa, I won't tell anyone if you have a few flings with angels that look like -that- up there!
Misalea-Ilsenine: So unclean. I know, I know, I know. With Adrian, I mean I know I'm a hypocrite. But she's sullied!
Misalea-Mirima: Thank you for helping us get her back, Lady Elrisa. She's made mistakes, but everyone's made up now. I just wish I you were here so I could say that I told you so, since there's no doubt now.
Misalea-Canderella: Aurora overflows with potential students. Please grant me the inspiration to reach her!
Misalea-Vul'lath: Do you watch him at all? I...do the gith ever smile at all? They seem like dour, joyless creatures.
Misalea-Gisfal: Men are horrible influences on other men! Argh! Would you believe he told me to my face that he was going to get Adrian roaring drunk at the best bachelor party this side of Brightwater? How dare he! He'll get Adrian dancing with some top heavy, naked human floozy! He wouldn't...he wouldn't, if that woman is there...no, of course not, but I bet Gisfal would cheer him on along with the other men!
Misalea-Ebony: There's sadness in her eyes when no one else is looking. Don't you think so? The rumors say she did horrible things for Hell before reforming, and she doesn't deny it. I...what sort of guilt does she have?
Misalea-Stille: Those eyes...siiigh. Remember Pastian? His eyes are just like that.
Misalea-Balyss: Gold skin and silver hair? Ick. Doesn't she look like a walking coin? It's so unappealing.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

---Dana---

Description: Dana's gentle features suggest a certain nobility, especially when she is still and at peace. Her brown hair is short and blows in the wind, her heavy red armor covering all her gold-tinted body. Her eyes are a matching brown. Yet this is often marred by emotion and vigor, especially when her pique is stirred.

Personality: Dana is loud, pushy, profane and generally does not give a damn about decorum or appearances. She has an open enjoyment of physical sensation, including pain. Authority is a vague concept for her, usually regulated to a few obscene words and doing what she pleases.

Beliefs: Dana has no particular religious beliefs. She does have some mild interest in a few deities, but nothing beyond a few ritual prayers in appropriate situations and nothing beyond casual lay piety.

Goals: Coup Daddy, have fun, enjoy life, don't die.

Height: 5'6
Weight: 126 pounds.
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Brown
Homeland: Holy Kingdom of Langersun

Favorite Food: Roast beef.
Favorite Color: Red.
Favorite Creature: Ghaele
Hated creature: Anything that's boring.
Relationship status: Single.

You want to know what I think of all those motherfuckers? Buy me another round and sure. *Gulp!* Well then...

Dana-Afina: Queen bitch of pixie mountain. Does not tolerate shit, except from cute, drunk girls.
Dana-Jaela: Queen bitch of angel mountain. She's the sort of girl I wish I'd had as a sister, you know? She has her head on right.
Dana-Ithea: Queen bi-wait no, she's a cat hybrid. Anyfuckingway, she's together.  Kind of boring, fades into the background a lot. Too bad, she can command things when it's required of her.
Dana-Willim: *CLANG* Go fuck yourself. Yes, I miss him. No I'm not going to go weeping like some cunt-addled 10 year old. He got what it meant to be alive, and that's enough.
Dana-Muirfinn: *Gulp!* Aaah...oh right, the walking turtle. I remember studying turtles that could recede into their shells. Now you ask me, I wonder why the hell he doesn't do that. He's that sort, one of those spellcasters. Get in his shell, hide the hell out and cast spells with impunity.
Dana-Adrian: Pretty cool guy, you hear? Can't talk worth a shit, but you know - oh hold on. *Gulp!* Right, Adrian. Yeah. Has merc written all over him. The dark'n'brooding sort that gets all the village girls knocked up before he moves on. The sort Daddy always got twitchy around.
Dana-Annalise: Yeah, she had power. See, the people who act like she does? They have Power. It's like at court, the most dangerous players are the ones who wear it so easily, but at the same time can hide much of it. Thought about giving her thing a try, but eh.
Dana-Elrisa: Oh yeah, her. The one who died. Another one bites the dust.
Dana-Misalea: Misalea? Let me tell you, she's an overgrown prissy little princess. Girl should've been born to some stuffed up king and popped out babies all her life. Girls like that? They don't fucking deserve to carry a sword. All that bullshit about grace? Hah! Let me fucking tell you something, that doesn't mean shit against a strong arm or a powerful spell.
Dana-Tannin: *Gulp* Damn, was that whiskey? Hahahhahaa, yeah, guess so! Won't be the first time. Huh, oh...yeah, Tannin. The mysterious Tannin. Mr. Tall, brooding and dashing. He tries too hard. Oh yeah, he has some style, but it's like how teenage courtiers act when they want to impress you. It's all bullshit layered on more bullshit, layered with a bit of politeness and form. Guess he's good at that investigation shit he does, though.
Dana-Arrel: Ah, that bastard. I owe him couple of dozen gold from poker. It's harder than you'd think to read a dragon's tells.
Dana-Tepen: Court sage. Whatever.
Dana-Jarl: Now this is a giant that fucking gets it! I ask him to hit me, he hits me! I want to stand in a Galuh hole and get crushed by a thrown rock? He does it! I want to lose my arms and legs? He does it and casts regenerate after. Hey, stop fucking looking at me like that! Fucking pussy! You're the man here, act like one! What? Yes, he doesn't -like- it, but he does it! I feed him some bullshit about testing his magic. Besides, Jaela says he needs to get better at his magic. That or he's a fucking quack, yeah? So I'm just doing my civic duty for Aurora.
Dana-Lief: Pretty good at fighting dirty. I - oh! *GULP!*
Dana-27: 27! The freak! The story! The myth! The legend! I like him. It. Her. No, I bet 27 is a her. Her. Yeah, her. Anyway, 27's got to be enjoying herself. No way this isn't the most antagonistic way of helping us they could've come up with.
Dana-Crystal: Sure does know her place as Afina's second. 
Dana-Drena: Me? Shit, I'm the best - oh. DRENA. Haha. I thought you said Dana! Ahahahahahha! Okay, I get it. It is my expert opinion that he clearly gives great blow jobs. OW! Damn, that was funny and fuck you! Just for that, I'm charging another fucking drink...*Gulp!* Aaaaah. Fuck yes.
Dana-Kascha: Kascha? Someone's trophy wife. She isn't a warrior, no matter how much she lugs that greatsword around. Sure, she's fuckin' nice, and I'm sure she says thank you after getting turned into a baby oven for nine months. Still, hell, it isn't all bad. She got better from bein' dead, last I heard. That's pretty solid.
Dana-Master: Now the Master?  Yeah, I'd do 'em if I didn't have a strict policy of not getting involved with friends of fallen boy toys. Cuts out so much bullshit, especially when people can get better from dying. Isn't that the fucking most insane heap of sodding stuff? I don't get it. Heaven's supposed to be perfect for whichever one you go to, yeah? Why would you get better? I mean, I've been to a few of them and it doesn't make sense. When you're in a fitting one, you're home. Creepy shit, but it's so right.
Dana-Baleruk: Completely insane. He's still fun to be around, better than I can say about a lot. Hey! That's what we need! Some entertainment! Gimme that empty mug there...

(A short interlude of mostly unprovoked bar violence.)

Dana-Hanna: *Gulp!* *Gulp!* *Gulp!* Hannah? No, Hanna, no H. Yeah, shyeah. Pretty cool bitch, she'd be queen bitch of angel mountain if Jaela wasn't there.
Dana-Sylvie: Fucked up bitch. No queen, just a biiiitch.
Dana-Morniel: Heeeey...Daddy would be thrilled if I fucked an angel, worked for the rest of the family. So I think he's like supher cute, but fuck making Daddy happy.
Dana-Ilsenine: Yeaaah. Er'girl worried about that, yeah? Last guy who tried it on me sings soprano now, yeah?  Sthill, scary shit. Scary.
Dana-Mirima: Huh? Oh, her. Syheah, da dyke with the hots for Jaela. Hehhehehhe, shameless fuckshin bitch, issn't she? Got some fsucking BALLS, doing that in frontsa me. Got to admire dat shiiiiit. Aaaah... *Gulp!*
Dana-Canderella: Don't think Iv'va met her, yeah? Ringsa bell, that's sall.
Dana-Vul'lath: Boring ass court f-functionary. *Gulp* Mmmm...
Dana-Gisfal: Heard he kicks assss..mmmm....s'wonder if Daddy could've done it bewter...huh? Naw, nothing, just thinking about Daddy again. Ebony? Stille? Balyss? New? Whatever. God, I am so drunk, aren't I? Fuck it.
Dana-Ebony: -
Dana-Stille: -
Dana-Balyss: -
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

---Ithea---

Description:
Adrian: KITTY!
*uppercuts Adrian through the roof*

First impressions aside (as those will result in something nasty happening to you, by Ithea's hands no less), she actually looks fairly human for the most part, more than many of her race, in fact. Perhaps there was some human somewhere in her line, who knows.

Her catfolk features are still hard to miss though, particularly the large catlike ears stretching from the top of her head. The fur and eyes are also pretty darn noticeable. In fact, even though she looks fairly younger than she actually is, particularly given that she's fairly petite in size as well, most people are more drawn to the catlike features before anything else.

She usually favors brown/earthy colors on her clothing and armor (her breastplate is actually glammered to appear like a thick brown leather vest), though some hints of orange peek through from her shirt. She wears her clothing and armor such that it covers pretty much most of her. The only parts that show are her hands, face, neck and tail. Her tail, though, is always wrapped around her waist, even in the privacy of her own room. Some people probably just think it's a belt or something.

Personality: Stubborn, prideful, and very dedicated to tasks once she sets her mind to them. She's usually a pretty happy person, or presents herself as one, as she wants to be friends and be liked by everyone. At the same time though...she doesn't really know how to quite relate to people sometimes and she's the type that finds it hard to get past first impressions to boot.

She's afraid of leadership too, and even though she'd hate it even more if she was treated like a kid, it scares the crap out of her to be in that position. She doesn't want to ever feel like she felt at Lifasa on that day, when the devils came and she was just so helpless and useless, to fail so hard at meeting all the expectations of her, even as they keep piling up on her. She wants to be reliable and powerful.

She's just not sure she'll ever be that. Pride and stubborness means she'll keep trying though. Even if she might second guess herself along the way.

Beliefs: While she acknowledges the existence of deities (hard not to!), she frankly doesn't care for them in general. They just don't do enough for mortals in her opinion. She does acknowledge the help some deities have offered to their crusade, but as a whole, she just doesn't care. In her mind, deities owe the mortals a hell of a lot more than the other way around.

She's a lapsed follower of Mystra. Hasn't offered any worship or offering since leaving Lifasa. Mystra still peppers her thoughts from time to time though, especially now that many of her people have joined the crusade. Just because -she's- not faithful doesn't mean her people aren't.

Goals: To live up to the expectations of those around her and herself, to see Lifasa freed from the tyranny of the devils, to see the catfolk prosper once more, and to see the devils and traitors suffer and die. A part of her regrets that one of her childhood goals will never be. The crusade matters that much more than old dreams of a handsome prince, two beautiful children, and a beautiful valley home. Still, it will always be a nice dream to dwell on.

Height: 4'10"
Weight: 134 lbs.
Eyes: Orange
Hair: Light Gray
Fur: Brown with Dark Gray Stripes

Favorite Food: Morcilla
Favorite Color: Orange and Silver (likes them both equally)
Favorite Creature: Pegasi
Hated Creature: Devils
Preference: Straight
Relationship Status: Single

Relationships:
Ithea-Ithea: I need to be stronger. I have all these people that depend not just on Jaela and Afina, but me as well. Mystra, I hope I don't screw this up. I'm not even twenty yet!
Ithea-Afina: I trust her. I don't get her, but I trust her. She's reasonable, she's calm, and she knows what she's doing. If she doesn't, she does a hell of a lot better job at hiding it than I do.
Ithea-Jaela: Gah! She exasperates me! I haven't met a person I feel more like water and oil against than her. So why is it that we're so good at murdering things together? I trust her with my life, and I respect her ability to make decisions so decisively, even if I often disagree with 'em. Frankly, I'm a little jealous. That aside... Jaela...I am so, so very sorry that things with Annalise went like they did. I was actually starting to believe.
Ithea-Muirfinn: Nice, calm guy. He hasn't really left a big impression on me, well, except that he seemed to have a habit of saying things that make people stare at him, like we should go "What on earth goes through that head of yours?" He seems to be adjusting well and fitting in otherwise.
Ithea-Willim: He was cool. Sorry he died like he did, but hey, Jaela and I avenged him. I sometimes wonder how much of me liking him was seeing him as some sort of exotic pet/mount and how much of it was as a friend though. I'll admit I missed him a little less after Afina did her work on my new glaive. I know that's pretty horrible of me to think, but gah, Willim smelled -horrible-. My memory of that still lingers! Real friends aren't supposed to smell that bad! Rukkig bathed regularly, and he was a damn GOBLIN!
Ithea-Adrian: I used to really hate his guts, but dropping a tree on his head did wonders for his behavior! I know he's older than me and stuff, but is this what having a little brother is like?
Ithea-Elrisa: I'm not gonna feel bad about disliking her, because damn... Could she be a little more annoying with her crap about men or armor? I'm glad my armor is glammered, she never asked me to give up my armor or pick up her style or any of that shit. Heh, I bet she never even noticed I had armor on. Still...I do feel horrible she died so close besides me and that I wasn't able to keep her alive. Did I make her a target? Draw attention to her? Would she still be alive if I'd done something differently? So many regrets.
Ithea-Misalea: Elrisa dying might have been a bit less of a regret if it wasn't for the crap it put on Misalea's shoulders. I like Misalea, she's a good person, but she was trying to be way more than she was. Yeah, yeah, I'm a bloody hypocrite, playing leader here, god knows I'm over my head, but I sometimes worried she was going to destroy herself trying to live up to Elrisa's memory. Or worse, get the rest of us killed. I'm glad for Mirima and Adrian. So much weight seems to have been lifted off her shoulders.
Ithea-Annalise: *sigh* And I was honestly starting to think Jaela was going someplace with vampy. Hell, I think I actually let my guard down around her. I don't know when, but I know she got past my barriers, and I'd started trusting her even though I'd resolved never to do that. I still think she's an undead abomination, but dammit, I was starting to think she was -our- undead abomination. A small part of me hopes she realize this is a big mistake, but that's all it is, a small part. I know she just finally got tired of waiting and trying her latest game. My feelings are too mixed though, no matter what my head says. Dammit...When it comes time to kill her, will I be able to give the killing blow? I don't think Jaela will be able to.
Ithea-Dana: She's a pig. Rude and obnoxious. I kinda think we're friends though. Willim's death hit her harder than it hit me (how the hell did she see him in -that- way?!? The smell, dammit, Dana! THE SMELL!!!), so I tried to be a good friend, y'know, giving her my ear, making her laugh and stuff. Bitch likes to see me squirm, I think, but yeah, I think we're friends? I know my language has gotten, uh, 'coarser' because of her and Jaela. I don't regret it though. It's kinda liberating! I am -never- going to be as bad as those two though, and Mystra help me if I ever go that far.
Ithea-Tannin: He's useful. And likeable. He also impressed me his first day immediately checking with me about assignments and then succeeding. He's found us tons of useful information and people. So why the hell is there a prophecy that he's going to betray me? Ugh, hard to be honestly friendly with someone when I have that hanging over my head, but I managed with Annalise, and I see him actually betraying us a hell of a lot less than vampy. I'm hoping it's like, 'he cheated on me! the bastard!' type betrayal at the worst (Not that I like him or anything, I've gotten too paranoid I think to think of him that way, and it's just an example), and not the 'How could you give me up to the devils! They'll torture me and turn me into one of them!' type betrayals. That would...suck. A little clarity would have been awesome here, 27! Hint! Hint!
Ithea-Arrel: I have a hard time thinking of him as a dragon. Even with the whole "Bahamut-is-a-dick" thing kinda proving he is one. He's a good guy, and his feathers are really soft...Would he take offense if I asked if I could make a pillow out of some of his feathers? It -sounds- rude in my head... Yeah, I'll probably best not.
Ithea-Tepen: Okay, first thing. Tepen is -very- nice to look at now that he's not old and wrinkly. Moving on to the more important stuff? He's also nice, wise, and always at your service, even with what it might cost him. He doesn't let it get to him, he doesn't want to give them another victory. That's pretty damn admireable. So yeah, the pit fiend that took part of his soul? He'd damn well be hiding, because if I get my hands on him... Anyway, Tepen doesn't deserve it, he's sweet. (I like that I can make him blush too. I'm not just a kid to him. Right?)
Ithea-Jarl: I am extremely concerned about putting any of my people at his hands for resurrection. Still, he succeeded -once- with them. Just kinda wish it had been Tom that was his one success (Ugh, now I feel guilty for the other two guys).
Ithea-Lief: I didn't think too much of him, never really interacted with him, so hard to get an impression, you know? I mean, I admired his dedication, and he had some moves, but the golems aren't really ENEMIES. How much practice was that really worth? Having actually fought at his side now, however briefly, gives me more respect for him. He's a cocky little bastard too. "I had it in hand" he says. Heh.
Ithea-27: He's a horrible pet! Honestly, what a headache! I dunno, I know he's more of a vassal, or something like that, but -everyone- thinks of him as my pet, even him. He's kinda cute, I guess, for a horribly mutated badger. Well, slaad, really. And he seems loyal, and I like the noise he makes when I pet him, and, and...ugh, even I treat him like a pet don't I? I could do without the prophecies though. Or the...evolution thing he did. Man, he used to be a lot cuter before, didn't he?
Ithea-Crystal: Does she avoid me or something? I never see her around! I mean, I know -I- don't go looking for her or anything, but...I still see everyone -else- some times. Yeah, she's totally got to be avoiding me...What's up with that? I'd ask Afina, but I know she'll just think I'm being weird...
Ithea-Drena: For an air elemental, I expected someone more flighty. Drena is anything, but. He's definitely a diplomat, through and through. Which is good, because we could use more of those. Warriors are always welcome, but given how often we seem to be pissing -someone- off, well, guys like him are worth a million.
Ithea-Kascha: Oh Mystra, I feel so horribly guilty every time I see her now. She doesn't seem to blame me, which is cool of her, but...ugh, I hope I don't start feeling protective of her. I know how much -I'd- hate that. Then again, she's not me, right? Something to think about. She's very bubbly and optimistic about stuff, and just gives people this urge to protect her. I, apparently, sucked at this.
Ithea-Master: Man of few words. I find it weird to think of him as "Master" too. Give me a name, dammit! We've fought together, and kicked butt together! Respect me enough to gimme your damn name! (And yet, I don't think I'll be saying this to his face. Uuugh....)
Ithea-Baleruk: I still haven't forgiven him for the acid bath. He's proving to be, uh...well, not necessarily an asset, but at least he hasn't let his power go to his head. Hard to deal with him, and I kinda want to break into giggles whenever he starts ranting. Such a mood-killer when I just want to be in battle-mode.
Ithea-Hanna: She kinda intimidates me. I'm not entirely sure why, she's been nothing but cordial with me. Also, I -think- I could take her. Then again, those sort of thoughts always lead to trouble, so it's a good thing I've never given a reason to want to ask for a 'spar'. She's probably just like her crazy daughter and would want to make it a duel to the death. Just because we come back from the dead in Ysgard won't stop it from hurting!
Ithea-Sylvie: I've heard of friendships like this. That should be enough warning to stop. Hell, absolutely nobody else really likes her! But... that is exactly why she -needs- a friend. And frankly, it's hard not to see myself in her. I know how much I valued my friends growing up. She never really had 'em until...well, I'm honestly hoping Balyss gives her a chance. Does Sylvie deserve it? Probably not. But she's my friend, and she's done right by me so far (she hasn't blabbed anything that 21 has probably revealed about me, and I've probably done just as many shitty things as she has to get to where I'm at). I can do no less. That said, so help me, if she doesn't go say hi or something to her kid...
Ithea-Morniel: Oh, honestly, 27 doesn't like -him- either? I don't see why 27 is worried. He's very handsome, but he's also kinda...I dunno, boring? Like I said about Drena though, we could use more diplomats. Even if he's such a dullard.
Ithea-Ilsenine: Yikes, lady, you're a tough one. For all that she went through, she was still composed and...and, REGAL, for lack of a better word, when talking to us after that nightmare. Haven't seen her since, so I don't know how much of that was show and how much of it was just her being her, but I'm hoping she'd dealing. Afina would say something if she wasn't, right?
Ithea-Mirima: I haven't met her, oddly enough. I should go say hi soon, it'd be weird if I wait too much longer. Like with Crystal. Maybe Mirima will start avoiding me too after a while! Gah, I don't want -that-! Then it'd be all weird to go see Adrian and Misalea!
Ithea-Canderella: Uh, yeah, another one I need to meet. I know she's got something going on with lightning, she might be good to hit for some advice to make sure I get everything I can out of Seiryu. That's...all I really know about her, honestly?
Ithea-Vul'lath: You know, considering everything, you'd think he'd refund the money for information on Aurora, but it was so very long ago almost. I haven't interacted with him at all since he came aboard, and frankly, don't think I care to. Didn't like him old, won't like him young, I bet. I do gotta ask someone at some point, what the hell's up with the title? It's so...
Ithea-Gisfal: He was a pretty good host that last time we visited, and he kept his word about joining us once we finally got around to killing that dragon. Other than that? Not really done much with the guy. Heard he's a vicious combat trainer though. I should poke him about that.
Ithea-Ebony: *blinks* Who? Wait, I heard that name from Tannin earlier...He or she's the new baker or something, right? (Who the hell was the other one? I remember there was one other name...)
Ithea-Stille: Okay, I -know- he's a heartbreaker and all, he's done nothing to disallow that notion from my head. He's still charming and I do like him. He's no Morniel or anything, but he's still fairly easy on the eyes. No reason not to give him a chance, but if anybody's breaking any hearts, it'll be me. Let's face it, he's totally 'casual-fling' worthy.
Ithea-Balyss: Uh, I'll let you know once I actually talk to her. All I know about her right now is she's got a mean slap in her, and she's supposedly awesome for parties. Second thing should be good for a conversation, I want to do something more in terms of well-wishing for Adrian and Misalea. I'm going to stay out of the Sylvie thing unless they fail to mend their friendship. (It won't be awkward to say I'm Sylvie's friend later, right?)
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

---Tannin---

Description: The man before you wears a hooded cloak, hiding his face. You can catch sight of a goatee, the rest of his face shadowed...save for his eyes, which shift arbitrarily between various colors. He wears plain, loose clothes otherwise and bracers, as well as a rapier that hangs at his hip. As you watch him, he begins to smile, just a little bit.

Personality: So there I was, having to study the latest job - myself. I think I'm dedicated, intelligent, focused, effective and all around a sure hand at my job.

Beliefs: No, all the work indicates that I don't hold any particular deity. Selune's not so bad, though. Matter of fact, most of them are good according to my digging. Just don't want to rely on one, yeah? Sure, cleric magic's good stuff, but you're always living up to something.

Goals: Baator needs to go down. I'm in this Crusade to the end.

Height: 5'9
Weight: 168 pounds.
Eyes: Varies.
Hair: Brown
Homeland: The Principality of Purinn.

Favorite Food: Anything that's new.
Favorite Color: Black.
Favorite Creature: None.
Hated creature: Devils.

The reports and opinions of Tannin.

Afina

I never thought I'd see a fey like Afina. I mean, I've seen some fey that want to cause damage, but none of them like Afina. She's like a raging ball of tiny, delicate murder. It works better than it sounds! Underneath that there's a woman's heart - somewhere. It peeks out once in every great while, and easier now that she's found some friends and monarch.  You ask me, she should keep going at that. A sword doesn't keep you warm at night or make you feel less lonely, eh?

Jaela

She's the star of the show, sure enough. 'least I bet the Court of Stars thinks so. Acts like it, and combines it with a certain bludgeoning un-grace coupled with all the savagery of a berserk cornugon. Nice girl to hang around, just don't get in her way. Be her friend, not her enemy. Talked around and heard that one a lot, and at least one person who wants to be more than a friend. Wonder why? That's just how eladrin do it.

Ithea

So there I was, watching some mutant badger-slaad spew out prophecy. Ithea's standing right there, listening to it best she can. If you need more proof she has a saint's patience, there you go. Then again, she's one of those anarchs, and they have a soft spot for slaad. Anyway, she's solid but not so closed off like Afina or violent like Jaela. Kinda cute if you like fur. It's not my thing, but talent is talent. At least that's what I've heard. Also heard that the new guy's trying to get all close to her.

Willim

Died fighting the good fight. It ain't every pretty, but hats off to him.

Muirfinn

You ever investigated tortles? They make strange humanoids - their eggs take forever to hatch and they rarely breed. One good war can wipe 'em out completely. Yet here they are, so I figure Muirfinn and the rest of them have heavy iron balls somewhere in those shells. He's all in against Hell, and I respect that. Not that he has much left to lose - his wife didn't make it at some point during or before the war, and I don't think he has much in the way of family, last I heard. Still gives it his all.

Adrian

Now you go 'round the planes, you see the rules being broken all the time. Look at Adrian right there! He's a hagspawn, but he's like some dark, brooding rake just making the ladies go all jelly-kneed. Hell of it is, the guy's awkward as hell without that cloak of it is, and he still has a gorgeous elf marrying him. It isn't fair, is it? Still, he isn't a bad guy and he knows what he's doing with that silver moonsword of his.

Annalise

It isn't right to speak ill of the dead, so I'll say that she was damned pretty. Otherwise, the accursed dead make my skin crawl.

Misalea

You ever met a star elf? Ever seen one try to ponce around waving a sword like a ballerina's baton?  Strangest damn thing I've seen - well no, it's not even close, but I'm sure as hell never going to forget watching her fight. Girl could make a lich's withered old scepter find new life. Shame she's had a bad case of the drivens. Girls like her shouldn't have the tragedy that poisoned her heart. What's the point? All it'll get her is a mangled corpse one day.

Arrel

So there I was, figuring out that Misalea wasn't the strangest damn thing I've ever seen. You know what I thought of that was stranger? This bird right here! It's an eagle with scales and says its a dragon! Now, I don't presume to correct creatures who call themselves dragons. They are either dragons, are powerful enough to pretend to be one, or insane anyway.  But hell, it's a fucking bird! Plus he can't bluff to save his life. He isn't going to get a hoard the way he plays poker.

Elder Magi Tepen

It's the quiet ones, sure enough. The type that's strong doesn't open his trap, doesn't sit around bitching like a perfumed prince. He squares his shoulders, focuses down and gets shit down. That's Tepen. He's the old style and he does it well. He's survived and thrived, even having to switch from a generalist wizard to one focusing purely on supporting Aurora. Most wizards can't change or would rather cut their tongue out than consider it.

The Jarl

It's better for everyone if there's no comment here.

Lief

Now you think most pixies are gonna be hugging Yggdrasil after what happened to him. Nope, he has stones. Big stones, the size of Galuh balls and made of pure adamantine. Near as I can tell, Lifasan fey are a rare breed. Everything I've gotten from Hell supports this. My gut tells me that this is important as hell, or was now that the Child's cosmic dust. Can't figure out why talking to any of 'em, and no one has any real leads.

Now why would I waste my time with a slaad? I don't care if he's Ygorl's personal towel fluffer.

Crystal

You ask me, she's holding herself back. Why? I have no idea. She has the same sort of leadership ability of many of Aurora's generals, but she largely confines herself while serving her Queen and Court.

Drena

Kascha

Most celestials are born as celestials. They vary a lot but they usually have personal problems all in a row and set up. Kascha was made from a merged spirit directly into a celestial and it shows. She's still mortal in many ways. You ask me, she should be a rich wizard who has a doting husband to love her between experiments. She's just not cut out for the battlefield. It isn't right for someone like her to be throwing into things.

Master

He deserves the name. I've trained under some powerful folks, but he's exceptional fighting unarmed. He holds it all back, though. You best keep an eye on him - if he ever has a reason to go all out, bad things are gonna happen to those on the wrong end of it. I've seen his sort a few times. Under all that control is inferno-hot fury, just waiting to burn something up. He's got the heart of a warrior in there and you can't get rid of that, only keep it down for awhile.

Baleruk

Hanna

I'm good at what I do. I investigate someone and I find out secrets. That's the way the world works. I start investigating Hanna one day and head back to the baths that evening. Find Hanna in there, starkers! She gets this smile on her face, real nice like nothing's wrong, and invites me to join her in the bath, since I was curious about her. Then, all casual like she goes to sit in the tub, and takes her bleeding axe out of the water. Girl sounds like she's talking over the weather with a friend, when she comments that she'll tell me whatever I want, long as I can come into the tub with a pure mind. If not...I ain't got to fill in the rest of the picture, do I? Now I know a lot of celestials don't have the same taboos we do. But hell, there I am, and I sure as hell can't do anything but stumble out. As I do, she calls back that it would be better for everyone if I let things lie. How the hell did she do that? Near as I can figure, something or someone must've tipped her off. Scary - the sort of scary Jaela is sometimes.

Sylvie

She's got a good sob story. Hell, I get that. Seen enough stories end bad in my life to give her my sympathies. Real strength comes from what you do after you get an unhappy ending. Look at Tepen - he got his shit together. Sylvie's too selfish for that. More's the pity. Some people shouldn't have power, and I'm convinced she's one of 'em. She isn't as bad as a devil, but she reminds me a bit of 'loths with that selfishness. All she's missing is being cold blooded.

Morniel

I'll say this: He does his job and does it to his utmost, no matter what it takes. He's a rare breed and completely dedicated to his cause. I don't think his own opinions factor into it, as long as good and his duty are served. Guess you need that to be a celestial ambassador. He's been around a lot and almost as good at ferreting things out as I am. Incredible stone-face, too, 'cept his stone-face is a smile and a diplomatic word.

Queen Ilsenine

Hah, I've heard the stories about fey. I'm not going to investigate a fey queen who's a master enchantress.

Mirima

Heard she made a mess worthy of a demon barfight with the Graceful Blow prisoners back when they were all locked up. Also heard that she managed to make amends with some help. Sounds like her. Her type burns hot, but the nature of her celestial blood sees her through in the end.

Canderella

It's not gentlemanly to kiss and tell.

Sage Vul'lath

Keeps his things close to vest, but heard he has some history with the Gith Swordstalkers. Old history, but not forgotten history. Best not forget that he knows how to take care of himself.

Gisfal

It's best if I have no comment.

Ebony

Saint Alicia came from my world, met a few of her wandering devotees in my days. She's not like them, she's taking orders more directly. Guess Alicia understands what most of the people here don't - there's always chance to make things better as long as you exist. Old gossip is that Alicia did some cruel things over in her formative days, so she knows.

Stille

He rivals a succubus I know for getting around. You ask me, he's gonna cause drama before he's done here. I know his type too well - nice enough, but the wrong head controls things. Also acts too clever by half. History's squeaky clean despite it.

Balyss

She's got some secrets, but I've not had time to deal with her yet.

Simmer

She ties in wth Balyss, Afina and Sylvie, but I've not had time to do any investigating.

Mei

I hate gathering information about mutes. Takes forever.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

I stalled out on Arrel's for a good month. I went through a few gimmicks with his, none took and I got sidetracked. So I moved to one I had an idea for and went from there.

---Crystal---

Description: The pixie before you wears soft armor joined with hair the color of dirty snow. She carries a sword and lance, gaze intense and focused ahead.  She is constantly moving, a hand on the hilt of her blade or grip of her lance.

Personality: Crystal is a liege knight to Queen Ilsenine and serves as such. She often suppresses her own opinions in favor of aiding her monarch, yet is unrelenting in her goal to avenge and restore Lifasa. Despite her chaotic nature, she tends to defer to authority and other people in general - especially Ilsenine and Afina.

Beliefs: Crystal reveres the Court of the Stars, drawing support from the eladrin paragons. She is unusual as a fey who holds strong religious beliefs, yet she rarely speaks of them. She prefers to let her deeds speak for her instead.

Goals: Save Lifasa and punish every devil involved with this abomination.

Height: 2'6
Weight: 37 pounds.
Eyes: Blue
Hair: White
Homeland: Lifasa

Favorite Food: Mild cheddar.
Favorite Color: Blue.
Favorite Creature: Fairy Dragon.
Hated creature: Cornugons.

From the diary of Crystal, Fey Knight.

I shall write this in the high courtly style, as I am out of practice with it. I miss writer's cramp.

Two nights ago, I suffered dreams of a highly disturbing nature. My friends and allies ripped themselves asunder, a mindless congregation of empty-eyed hate writ large in my mindscape. So acute was my discomfort that I sought council from Her Majesty, as she has lamentable and extensive experiences in coping with nightmares. Her Majesty's council was that if I could not vanquish these fears of my own accord, I should seek to allay them via rooting out the cause of the nightmare. As such, I am going to encapsulate my opinions on those of Aurora here. By the eternal night sky of the Court, may this guide me to putting this disturbance to rest.

Afina

Afina saved me and so many more of our kindred.  My soul would be naught but kindling in the flames of Perdition had she not overcome the Arcanaloth cabal that held me and more than a score of our kindred.  Queen Ilsenine would be sacrificed on the altar of the Child of Lifasa, ensuing an eternity of slavery for those who had not escaped into the tender oblivion of death. What more can I say about her? That she has done our race proud? Perhaps. We are at the least abnormal to the point of distraction, eschewing the pranks and frivolity of the other pixies. Perhaps we are but broken offerings doing the best we can as mistakes, or perhaps we are what has been made whole from a flawed, childish base. Irregardless of which we are, I can only lay accolades at her feet.

Jaela

If I am to confess to the sour bottom-bitters of my heart, I must admit Jaela is a vexing figure. Allow me to cry off impinging her faith or courage, nor shall I cast darkened aspirations on her dedication to our blessed cause. Indeed, I could write much of her that is a triumphant paean, yet that is not what I chiefly think of when I ruminate on her. I find her speech quizzical to the point of distraction; certainly, I speak in a much simplified way compared to the more elegant and involved structures that proper writing demand. Nevertheless, she speaks closer akin to a commoner despite her heritage and knighthood. Perhaps this is a curious thing to observe, or perhaps it indicates secretive jealousy of her? One cannot deny we are somewhat similar in both faith and focus. I wonder now: Am I jealous of her?

Ithea

I have no great opinion of Ithea. We have not greatly collaborated together, as I serve the Court and she does not. Our duties keep us in separate orbits of one another, as do Selune and Lathander eternally dance apart.  I suppose that I do find her infatuation with Stille displeasing to me, for one such as he is as two faced as any yugoloth, no matter the exalted blood that pumps from his core. His smiling visage is hand-crafted from the tears of ladies and the blood of burst maidenheads, each paid for pennies for what should be a price paid in the finest gold. As such I do wonder her sensibilities - is she at fault, or is she only another victim of a well meaning predator, nothing more than a feminine deer before the hungry man-wolf of the forest? It is a mystery.

Muirfinn

It is with no small chagrin that my main thought of Muirfinn is the subtle yearning for what he has. A shell is a fine thing, a defense that we only poorly mimic with layers of padding, leather and steel and yet with none of nature's granted grace, no matter how ponderously slow those with shells may be. Is this strange? Surely this is a supremely petty thing, the result of a mind left too long to its own devices, curling into irrelevancy as surely as the legendary snake of Ysgard endlessly consumes its own tail. Like all the others, he is a brave and true man who wields magnificent elemental power to advance our righteous cause. He may be closer to our fey blood than many here; indeed, their history speaks of a co-existence with nature better suited to wizened elven races.

Adrian

At one time I took on the study of exotic animals, seeking to better understand the myriad and unchecked glory of the natural world. One such branch dealt with the creation of new creatures, and to my great surprise, I found many were the result of two passably related species interbreeding. Often, the resulting offspring would possess a great vim and vigor, growing larger and healthier than his sires. This concept is known as hybrid vigor and I believe Adrian is one such example. Hags are a fetid pool of a race, and surely Adrian's father was not so mighty as to compensate for that. Indeed, he has his follies and failings. I fear he will never be a truly inspiring leader and his talent with magic is minimal. Despite that his blade is strong, solid and true.

Misalea

Misalea is without a doubt a neglected pinnacle of self reliant will overcoming the vicissitudes of uncaring fortune. Her development would be nothing short of extraordinary in any other situation; her story would be that of a heroine who overcame great adversity and mastered herself, her art and ultimately her own fate with bravery becoming that of a heroic paragon, carrying the highest determined virtue within her. It is a dual tragedy and awe-inspiring statement about Aurora's capacities that it is often overshadowed. In what is a perplexing paradox, I find that her failings are somewhat magnified in retort, as if glory denied becomes critique obtained. I lament I have not spent more time with her, but the Graceful Blow is forever clannish.

Dana

All the breeding and refinement is wasted on a yipping she-bitch who desires nothing more than to rut, wallow and lie in filth. Here is a woman who was born with a blessing of high station and wealth, and cast it all aside with a disdainful mockery that surely offends whatever fair fate grew the tree of her life. Yet I am not a paragon who can freely impeach her conduct, for I can relate to much of her vitriol towards having your own burdens in life dictated to you. Far sweeter are the burdens carried of a virtuous heart, selected by the hand of wisdom-guided free will. It does not excuse her actions, but I can understand in some small way.

Tannin

My maidenly sigh shall be recorded here, along with a simple truth that I long denied - Tannin is a handsome fellow, one that tempted me towards a path of unbecoming perversity. His eyes are gorgeous, inviting me to spend hours staring into them, as if the secrets of myself are hidden behind those multi-hued irises. I do not believe I have confessed it to anyone, nor shall I otherwise. I have since moved on from this infatuation, yet the stirrings of the heart are seldom forgotten, only quieted with time's eternal erosion of emotion.  The subdual of these feelings was essential. Still, I can only speak praise for him, as his dashing and dangerous tasks have helped Aurora many a time.

Arrel

I'm never sure what tack I take in regards to Arrel.  A self-proclaimed dragon, yet we do not mingle much. I believe he is another star relatively subdued by the grandiose light of Aurora, much like Misalea. In another story he would be one of the leads, taking to the stage of destiny with a resolute will and fearless heart.

Tepen

It is said that the line between bravery and foolhardiness is but a scant line in the sand, inevitably blurred by the rising tide of emotions. I marvel at his service and restoration, though I do wonder if he should have sought the embrace of his Goddess instead. I could not fault him for seeking it and to be restored and then ultimately put into Her service. For his life has already been lived, and he has given so much to give Lifasa hope. According to Adrian, if not for his lore, Aurora would remain a lost marvel of a past epoch. I only hope that his determination is sincere and wise, and not an unctuous self-delusion that shall prove to be a misteppen error. Only the endless platitude of time shall show the truth of this corundrum.

Jarl

Can one as tiny as I relate to a mountain given legs and a passion for Galuh? Frankly I cannot.

Lief

I am betwixt and between my feelings on Lief, a roiling cauldron of hatefully confused emotions. I find his bragging to be endearing and yet tiresome, moreso towards tiresome. While I do not doubt his skills nor besmirch his victories, he has a teenager's desire to self aggrandize amixed with the nobility of his deeds.  At the same time, I cannot but quietly admit a mild attraction, perhaps born of shared frustration and fancy. Do poets not claim love and hate to be different cheeks of the same face? This has come on lately, as absence did indeed help the heart grow fonder and yet richer at once.

What else can be said but fuddling insanity?

Drena

It galls me to the marrow of my bones that such a large creature can fly faster than I. Wind or no wind, I find this a direct blow against my pride, and while pride must indeed be negated with humility, it does not lessens the barbed stings of it. Ultimately this is a tiresome affair, and I find his air-supremacy to be well meaning but misguided. I suppose, in the simplest terms, I do not like him. It's best not to spare any more thoughts on this - only a fool can like every soul they happen to meet. I strive not to be a fool, and I like to think I largely succeed at this affair. I only hope this is truth and not pride speaking again.

Kascha

Thoroughly becharmed by her, I find it difficult to find one that is not. That is not to say I like her. She can erode my patience like little else, but I find myself liking her as long as my willpower endures. Much like Lief I am of dueling opinions about her, though I find myself more genuinely committed to an honest neutrality devoid of any true malice. Perhaps that suits her better than Lief, for at one moment she can be a wise and endearing eladrin, and then next she is all too mortal. Despite demurrals to the contrary, I suspect it is her nature to hold onto that. A sense of self that emerged from Arborea must indeed be formidable; by chance is this will and resolve her silent ability? Afina may know more than I, for they are known to be close. I should ask her.

The Master

I have no real opinion of him. Others marvel at his grace, but like many others I find myself disinclined to heap meaningless accolades here. Certainly the Master, Kascha, Drena and so forth are mighty, but any I write of are of sublime skill.

Baleruk

A rainbow dragon. What more can be said?

Hanna

I lament I don't spend more time with her. She reminds me of Yarann so much, especially when I close my eyes and listen to her voice. How could she not? The similarities are too striking to cause anything but that one reaction, so I savor it as best I can. There is no sense running from it or ignoring it, so I embrace it as savory victuals are to be relished.  Ideally she would be a spiritual adviser and guide, a wise voice to further my devotions to the Court of the Stars. Unfortunately, we never seem to manage to bend time so that we are together for this. Indeed, she's broken our plans to help Jaela or Aurora with things. I can't find it my heart to kindle fury from this, only a wish that it changes for the better. But between our duties, I do not foresee this as coming true.

Sylvie

Unlike most, I find that I have no opinion about her at all. There's no productivity to be gleamed from anything else said.

Morniel

I've not met him but less than a half-score of times, but I think highly of him. His devotion to his cause is laudable; I understand from tip to hilt.  And...and...and...to the Nine Hells, I'm tired of writing like this. I should know better than to push myself when I'm tired from poor sleep. I shall say it succinctly: I admire Morniel and wish to spend more time with him when circumstances permit.

Ilsenine

She is my Queen. I will guard her until my dying breath, as I will not allow her to be abused again.

Mirima

I've only met her in passing a few times. The rumor mill is ambivalent, she gets a lot of conflicting reports. I've heard her called a whore (and less tolerable phrases yet) several times, and seen her complimented just as many. There must be some bad blood there, or she is another polarizing person.

Canderella

Copy Mirima's <a blot> Had to take a break, writer's cramp. I let it subside naturally as a lesson to myself. As I was saying before spilling ink, Canderella's entry is the same as Mirima's. I've heard less bad about her in particular as much as wariness about what she is. I'm more inclined to believe the less pleasant rumors. She's a succubus, according to all lore they're like that at heart - manipulative whores who drag souls to damnation through mind-ruining lust. Perhaps she's improved herself to 'merely' being an utterly filthy whore now.

Sage Vul'lath

I've talked to him only a few times, with only one being noteworthy. I had been riding Hope for several hours and was tired as well as sweaty. To be direct, I was sagging in the air as I returned to Aurora. I flew towards the entry hall portals, not paying attention - and planted right into Sage Vul'lath's face. Somehow he wasn't knocked over. Like an errant kitten he picked me up by my collar and gave me the most dour and unamused look I've ever seen, before flipping me into the portal. Frankly, I'd rather avoid him now after that embarrassment.

Gisfal

I've barely met him, but he seems good. He's always busy. I'd like to spend some time with him comparing notes.

Ebony

Another I don't get much of a chance with. Too bad.

So many new people I haven't had a chance to meet since I've gotten back. I used to know every officer, but more and more come with more forces. I remember when Aurora felt empty! Diary, this didn't help me resolve my feelings, but I do feel better. Perhaps that was the point of it - get my mind off it and thinking of my allies and friends as they are.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

My quest to make these more interesting continues. I haven't written like this in ages, so even with revisions I feel it's dreadfully rusty. I hope it manages to be entertaining. I won't be reusing this gimmick since it took far too much effort.

---Sylvie---

Description: Sylvie is blonde and busty, yet with a toned, muscled body that belies the first impression you may get of her. She wears metal studded gloves, leather wrist straps and simple, flexible moving clothes, joined with a ring, pendant and other magical trinkets.

Personality: Sylvie wavers between two primary personalty sets, depending on her mood. Her old one is cheery, slightly sardonic, manipulative and endearing. Unfortunately this often gives way to a depressed young woman who knows she's made bad choices in life. As 21 renders her unable to lie, either form is marked by incidents of brutal honesty.

Beliefs: Sylvie worships Gond, especially by the learning and spreading of knowledge. Her faith is not an openly demonstrative one, instead promoting it with each act furthering the pursuit and spread of knowledge.

Goals: To find a better tomorrow and make the mistakes and sacrifices she's made be worthwhile. Her own mistakes lead her to 21, and damned if she's not going to do something important with it.

Height: 5'7
Weight: 144 pounds
Eyes: Green
Hair: Blonde
Homeland: Balmuria

Favorite Food: Beef
Favorite Color: Blue
Favorite Creature: None
Hated creature: Nymphs
Preference: Straight
Relationship status: Single

This is written IRC log style, with each person's line/action getting its own paragraph. This could be condensed and cleaned up into prose if you were so inclined.

"This," Sylvie rests her head back against the headboard of her bed, "Is a bad idea. The truth might set you free, but it doesn't make you happy."

Simmer sits at the foot of Sylvie's bed, legs danging off the side as she leans back. She lies down on her side, facing the sitting blonde. "You're right. Fire makes you happy." Waggling a finger, "Besides, you promised. You're going to tell me your opinions on everyone important here."

With a long-suffering sigh, "I did promise." Shoulders slumping as she rubs her temple, "As long as you keep the questions on my opinions about people. Don't even think about being nosy."

"Naturally," Simmer smiles as a finger plays with the bedsheet, drawing little circles atop it and forming little bunches in it, "Afina first."

"Afina? It's like being around a cute child who segues into pyromania and murder at the drop of a hat. So, a more agreeable Silver is about righ-" Sylvie is cut off as Simmer snatches a pillow, firmly throwing it into Sylvie's face. Sylvie blinks and grins after the pillow falls away, "Okay, that is low, but it fits! Afina's even a fey assassin, like Silver was supposed to be before her reincarnation was botched."

"A low blow," Simmer sniffs with a hint of a smile re-emerging, sitting back up. "You still deserved that."

"You've been spending too much time around Jaela. You resorted to violence right away!" Sylvie takes the pillow and places it in her lap, "Next you'll be wanting to redeem Ben-Hadar with fire and 21."

"That sounds like a story," Simmer shakes her head instead, though she's still smiling, "I've heard you and her don't get along. So get hot and tell me about Jaela next."

"We haven't gotten along," Sylvie says after a momentary pause, as if to gather herself. "Look, we don't like each other and I don't think either of us are proud of it. I'm trying to get along with her, and venomous bitching isn't going-."

Sylvie is cut off as Simmer deftly interjects, "So it's a case of like personalities repelling each other? I-"

WHAM! Simmer gets her pillow back, hurled right in her face! Sylvie looks on with a vindictive smirk, "Fine, you want the truth? We're both stubborn as mules and arrogant. We clash."

Putting the pillow aside, "I noticed," Simmer says dismissively, "I haven't dealt with her much, but the common soldiers don't have anything bad to say, except some old rumors about that vampire. Annalise, wasn't it?"

"Yeah, Annalise."  Sylvie closes her eyes a few moments, "She and Jaela were together until Annalise died. It wasn't a good time for anyone involved."

"Soooo," Simmer lingers on that a few moments, "You really don't want to talk about it?"

"More or less," Sylvie shrugs lightly now, opening her eyes back up.

"It's like your life is a bonfire in Water," Simmer laughs lightly, shaking her head as she does. "It's going to make a lot of steam and trouble for everyone there, including itself."

"The perils of losing the ability to make little white lies," Sylvie waves, as if bidding goodbye to just that. "Who's next?"

"Ithea," Simmer replies after a moment, "You get along with her, right?"

"She's a good friend. She's smart, creative, loyal and dating a playboy. That sums it up well. Yeah, I see a lot of myself in her, including making bad choices." Chuckling at the last, "She came to me one day and we talked. Really talked, and she got through to me. She became the friend I needed."

"Mmm-hmm," Simmer gets up and goes to the closet, "You have a spare blanket back here? I'm cold."

"You're always cold," Sylvie says with a hint of mock exasperation, "Yes, there's a quilt folded up in the green trunk. Anyhow, I think she's a talented young woman who has fine taste in friends and vocations."

Simmer returns, wrapped head to toe in a thick blue and white quilt. She goes to sit back at the foot of the bed, "Oooh, are you proud of her?" With a teasing lilt in her voice, "Showed her the ropes of making it up as you go along, and now she's excelling?"

"Yes," Sylvie admits with a hint of defensive pride, "Anyway, who's next?"

"Hm. Muirfinn." Simmer says after a moment, "Makes my skin crawl, too much water in him."

"He's not bad. A little dense sometimes and with the curiosity of a rock, but the same virtues." Sylvie's reply comes after a few moments of quietly drumming her fingers on her knee, "The culture he comes from is primitive by choice; he doesn't relate to the same things humans do." A pause to snap her fingers, "Oh, that's right. Aralla. He'd fit in there, minus the whole being a man part. His druidic magic is highly trained and competent. Back in our world, he'd be an arch ma-...druid? Archdruid? Is that even a word?" Sylvie frowns, "There's no archclerics, I know that."

"I have no idea," Simmer says, "Nymphs have the same magic, but they don't use druidic classifications. The ones in the Barbarian Lands refer to each other as Beauifics, with the best spellcaster being the High Beauific."

"Simmer," Sylvie shakes her head, "I don't know if you noticed...but he's not a nymph. Not even close," With an exaggerated drawl, a smile creeping back to her lips, "Please tell me you noticed that."

"Hey Sylvie? Fuck you," Simmer mutters as she pulls the quilt in tighter around her, arms hidden within and only her head sticking out. Amid Sylvie's giggles, "Yes, I did notice. He doesn't have the tits to pull it off."

"That and the shell!" Sylvie takes a breath as giggles ravage her, "Speaking of the high command, there's Adrian. Met him?"

"Oh, I've met him," Simmer lightens up, a wistful smile showing, "Why couldn't he have found his way to Fire instead of here? Tall, dark and that chin! I wish he'd rustle my branches!"

"Really? He's handsome, but his personality's a dead end for me. He's also committed to Misalea, so don't bother. But really, look at his personality." Sylvie rests back anew, curling her legs up close to her. "Besides, he's supposedly half hag."

"Sylvie, a man doesn't need to have a personality for what I want him for!" After a quick giggle and saucy smirk, "That's true. I didn't believe it at first, but apparently it is. I had Elena bring me the lore book that talked about hagspawn that aren't repulsive. It has to do with the parents purity of spirit or true love. If the hag and the father's spirits are both pure or they truly love each other, Sune will bless the child."

"I believe you," Sylvie says, "Anyway, he's not one of the charismatic generals, but he's doing well enough at his job. I don't really think of him in any way past a professional relationship. Ask Ithea about him sometime, you'll get better stories from her than me. Now Misalea?" Sylvie pauses to get up, going to the room's desk and pouring herself a glass of water from a metal pitcher. Bringing it back and taking a few sips on the way, "I see a bit of myself in her-"

"Oh yes, haven't said that since Ithea," Simmer pipes up, "Can't go more than a few before saying that."

"I have a checkered past," Sylvie admits evenly to it, before rolling her eyes, "But the critique is taken. What I was going to say is that I see a bit of myself in her, since she went from a mascot into a warrior. Tell me that doesn't sound familiar."

"Really?" Simmer sits up a little straighter, giving Sylvie a keenly interested look, "I know she was one of Elrisa's followers, but I figured she was a student."

"She was a bard hanging onto the Graceful Blow," Working on her water in equal measure to speaking, pausing to finish it off before balancing the cup against her her lap. She places her fingertips on the rim, swirling it about as she continues, "After Elrisa died, she took up the style herself. All I'm saying is that I started taking fighting a lot more seriously after people started dying. I get it."

"Point conceded," Simmer admits as much, "Soooo...say, you know Dana, right? The masochist?"

"I worry about your mental connections," Sylvie states, deadpan. "Got her in one. I avoid her. She's like Jaela if Jaela liked pain. Next!"

"That's not all to her," Simmer replies, a look of faint consternation showing, even as she again pulls the quilt close to her, like a rippling gown of blue and white, "She made the ultimate sacrifice for Aurora."

"So did Jaela. Honestly, I don't have much of an opinion about her since I avoid her. Next?" Raising an eyebrow now, "Or...I get it!" With a cattish smile, a fist pounding into the palm of her other hand, "The way you bask in fire, your interest in Dana? You want to be like her! You want someone to burn you up?"

"That, but without the subtext you're implying," Simmer retorts, withdrawing a single finger and uttering a word that sounds like the crackle of a campfire! The metal cup in Sylvie's lap turns red hot, getting a loud EEEEP from Sylvie as she bats it away!

"Geez!" Sylvie retorts waspishly, "Don't be a hothead about it!" she begins, before wincing, "Oh Gond, I just said that, didn't I?" Burying her face in her hands as she helplessly giggles, "It wasn't on purpose, I swear!"

"Keep talking like that and you'll come around to Fire," Simmer scoots over and pats Sylvie's shoulder, before retreating back, "I wish Elena would just raise the damn temperature in here."

Gathering herself and groaning, parting her fingers to look out from behind her hands, "You asked her? Why won't she?" Dropping her hands now, "At least for your room."

"Aurora is designed for normal humanoids," Simmer grumbles, "She has a lot of reasons, and what I'd consider warm enough could be dangerous to others. Even opening the door to a room that warm could cause problems."

"It could," Sylvie agrees, "Where were we?"

"Oh yeah, we got off track again," Simmer shivers in her blanket, "Say...Tannin."

"He's from south of Balmuria. Do you remember Purinn?" Sylvie asks, and going on after Simmer shakes her head no, "It's a big city south of Balmuria, past Valandia. Anyway, he's one of the first results of magic and the resurgence of the divine. I've spent some time talking to him when he's around. He's good at what he does but he's not as sharp as he thinks he is."

"Is that experience talking or just observations?" Simmer asks back.

To that Sylvie lightly shrugs, "Observation. His main mental gifts lie in getting people to talk, not analyzing what they're saying. He's a great informant, but don't put him into a spymaster's chair."

"Mmm, so...hey, you haven't talked about the library at all." With that Simmer frowns, "I thought you'd have mentioned all of them before now."

"Hasn't come up. I was about to segue into Arrel as soon as I figured out a way to go from Tannin to a giant eagle-dragon. I'm not stalling - it's not like I'm having a dreadfully torrid affair with Tepen." With a momentarily catty smirk, "That's Ithea's daydream, not mine."

"Ithea and Tepen?! Really?" Simmer says with growing interest, "How bad?"

"Just a crush. I'm not sure if Tepen's aware of it. Anyway, Arrel's interesting, but Kascha spends more time with him. He tends to stay above it all. I wonder if he's comfortable around so many of us. Eagles are splendid birds - and damned dumb ones - but they're largely solitary." A hand goes to a lock of her hair, idly twirling it as she goes on, "My working theory is that he's dealing with anxiety from social over engagement."

"Interesting," Simmer says, "Have you asked him?"

"No. It's more fun to speculate," Sylvie replies blithely, "If I asked him and he answered truthfully, it wouldn't be a mystery to think about any more." Getting up and fetching her thrown cup, blowing on it and juggling it hand to hand as she returns it to the desk, "Did you really need to make it that hot?"

"No," Simmer replies, just as cheerfully, "It's more fun that way."

"Fun, one burn victim at a time," Sylvie freshens her water and brings it back, "No heating this one up. So Tepen? After several long conversations, I've come to respect him. On slow days I wake up, practice, eat breakfast, then spend the day in the library, reading and debating with him." A wistful, happy smile creeps onto Sylvie's face, "He hasn't said as much, but I think he enjoys it immensely. He's a born teacher and good at rhetorical teaching, plus we can keep up with each other. You know how hard it is to find someone that can keep up with me? He's like the grandfather I never had."

"Aw, here I thought you were going in another direction than grandfather." Simmer leans forward amid her blanket wrap, "Too bad."

"There's nothing there. I can have a friendship with a man without sexual tension. I know a dryad," Haughtiness comes into Sylvie's every word, gesturing with her glass to illustrate her points, "Couldn't understand that, since you pop out of your trees with your breasts hanging out."

"Bitch," Simmer retorts with fond amusement, "That's not untrue. There's no male dryads and we have to reproduce somehow. Travelers or friendly fey who come by..." Simmer lets it hang a moment before slamming her hands together, the sound muffled by the blanket. "Human and dryad sexual mores don't agree with each other."

"Before we get on about the mating rituals of dryads," Sylvie settles back on her bed once more, "The things that happen on those lazy days shape me just as much as the days of danger and duty. I'm not sure anyone but myself, Tepen and the rest of us that spend so much time in the library know about our debates. You'd think it was the dangerous, exciting things that mattered, but it's not so." Looking up now, "Food for thought. On a lighter note, let's talk about someone else. You know Lief, don't you? Little braggart, going on about Yian and this and that. He's can almost pull it off being charming."

"Oh really?" Simmer asks, averting her eyes as Sylvie drinks her water. "Anything else?"

"Not really," Working on this water slower, little sips in between sentences, "Let me get another easy one out of the way, 27. He's insane." Those words are delivered completely flat, Sylvie making a thumbs down. "He's a slaad, so that's normal for them, except when it's not."

"He's cute," Simmer says, "I wish I had my own 27." Sighing and looking down, batting her eyelashes, "If only..."

"If only you weren't trying too hard," Sylvie nonetheless chuckles, "Can't lie to me, remember?"

"He is cute, sort of." Simmer protests, sticking her tongue out. "The way a flickering flame is. It is for a moment, then it goes out and it isn't. Then it comes back again and it is!"

"Right." Sylvie rolls her eyes, "That does remind me of Drena. He has a bad reputation, but I don't think it's deserved. He's brave, loyal and capable of summoning tornado force winds. I think he's underutilized."

"Air's not so bad," Simmer opines, taking a hand out and wavering it back and forth, "It's good for spreading fires, and every fire needs air to survive. I've been meaning to sit down with him and try combining our magic to do that."

"The theory's sound." Sylvie nods and leans back, "Get a fire of more than momentary duration and combine it with strong wind. You could burn up a lot of ground fast that way. It would be great if you ever need to cause a forest fire." That gets the faintest little smile from Sylvie, as Simmer gives her a level look. Going on after it, "Sorry."

"That wasn't what I was thinking. What about a burning tornado, or a blazing wind? Oh, how about we combine a spike of fire with a gust of wind? It's an instant wind propelled flaming javelin." Simmer's eyes light up, "There's so many possibilities! Oh, and hot air rises. I have some plans for using that to attack flying opponents en masse with superheated air."

"Tell me later," Sylvie holds a hand up, "Or we'll never get through this."

"Fine," the pyrodryad huffs a little bit, "What about Kascha?"

"Strangely enough, she reminds me of Neveril," Now Sylvie goes back and finishes her water, wiping her lips clean with two fingers before continuing. "It's nothing that I can identify. She's whip-crack smart and has a head stuffed full of dragon lore. I like her."

"Thought so. It's hard to imagine disliking her," Simmer admits, "It's like she's a bonfire of bumbling cuteness."

"You just like her because she can do that elemental body spell. Which," Sylvie smirks, "I figured out the inspiration to pull it off. Incidentally. It wasn't that hard once I tried."

Sticking her tongue out at Sylvie from her blanket wrapped redoubt, "Then I'm dragging you into the lava pools right now." Getting up, "I'm tired of freezing in here!"

"Hey wait-" Sylvie starts as Simmer grabs her by the hand and drags her out of the room, "Now wait a minute, just because I can doesn't mean I want to try lava bathing! How does that even work? Melted rock should still be thicker than water anyway! Stop it!"

----

"Aaaaah!" Simmer reclines back up to her neck in boiling hot lava, everything fire red around. This includes Sylvie, who reclines on the other side of the small lava pool. Her entire body is on fire, cracking with flames, but she doesn't burn.

"Soooo..." Sylvie draws it out a moment, "Now that you're not freezing, where were we?"

"Forget that a moment! How wonderful is it?" Simmer prods, poking a finger out towards Sylvie. "Isn't fire wonderful?"

"It's like a hot bath. The Elemental Body spell seems to be preventing any problems with volcanic gas." Sylvie squirms a bit, "It's not bad. It's like a smelly bath." Sniffing the air, "How come you don't stink like sulfur from bathing in here?"

"Prestidigitation," Simmer's retort comes out as a pleased mewl, "The Master's next. Get talking."

"He's all about the battle. His personality is lacking if you sit down and talk to him. No, his personality is in the way he fights. He's an overgrown monk but damn he can be charismatic when he lets his arts talk." Whistling low, "You've seen me fight; I fight smart. I've seen the Master fight; he fights with grace. We both fight with precision." Sylvie explains further, closing her eyes as the lava pool bubbles. "He's boring except for when he fights. Oh, and he only wants to fight worthy opponents. Please. Today's fodder becomes tomorrow's threat. You can't just kill the leaders and assume that's going to solve everything."

"Mmm." Simmer's reply isn't particularly audible, just a little noise as she soaks. "What about Baleruk?"

"Intimidating," Sylvie admits right away, "Powerful and secretive. He's a dragon, what else is he? I like him despite all of that. He took his destiny in hand and made it on his own. It's admirable."

"Okay," Sitting up now, only in up to her waist as she straightens, "How about someone more interesting, like Hanna?"

Sylvie sighs and sinks down - head vanishing into the lava. After a split second she thrusts back up and out, eeping. "I don't even want to come close to getting any of that in my mouth. Great way to die in horrible agony from an intestinal blockage once it cools down."

"Then you just need to cast the same spell again," Simmer says with a sanguine smile, "A body of fire will make sure that doesn't happen. Fire fixes everything."

"Including a one track mind?" Smiling as Simmer sends her a dirty look, "Hanna's Jaela if Jaela was older. She has remarkably good sense, even if she needs to take a firmer hand with Jaela. Not like I can talk, but I think it would do her some good."

"Hypocritical much?" Simmer crosses her arms and stares Sylvie down. Sylvie returns that before cracking a smile.

"Yes. I do think she could learn a lot from her mother, that's all. They're alike and Hanna has thousands of years of hard earned wisdom that Jaela lacks."

"I don't know," Simmer hesitates on it, "I don't see them as much similar as subtly different." Wavering a hand up and down, "What's strange is that Hanna's lower ranking than Jaela. That's got to be awkward."

"I think it says a lot about them," Sylvie murmurs.

That draws out a longer pause, "I'm not sure. Maybe Hanna's confident enough not to care? But anyway, speaking of angels, how about Morniel?"

That draws out a smile from Sylvie, "Morniel? Handsome, devoted and patient. I haven't spent any real time around him, but ooooh I've heard some of the girls swooning over him."

"Tyr made that one right," Simmer agrees with a grin returning. Both girls grin together, before Sylvie shakes her head.

"Five years ago, who knows? Now I'd rather not." Sylvie goes on, "But you know who else I haven't gotten a chance to know? That Queen of Afina's. Her name's Ilsenine?" After Simmer nods, "Aurora's big enough that people tend to form circles and cliques. You know how it is."

"Too many people and too few hours in the day," Simmer commiserates, bobbing her head forward. "I keep meaning to catch up to those butterfly nymphs, but it keeps slipping away from me. They've been racing Drena's elementals outside Aurora. Drena got the Sylican Phase Spiders to fire webbing balls up as they race, so it's a good way to learn how to dodge. That brings Ebony along and usually Canderella, and that bring some other people along after her. There's so many beautiful women here." Simmer sighs a bit, "It's infuriating! I'll spend an hour getting my hair right and have hot air rising up through it, and someone else will be drop-dead stunning despite looking like they just got out of bed."

"It's not remotely fair." Sylvie brushes a bit of burning blonde hair aside, "Back on Balmuria it wasn't hard being prettier or stronger or smarter. The competition's stiffened up."

"I'm not even looking to catch a man!" Simmer mutters, "Absolutely infuriating!"

"For me it's Mirima that drives me mad," Sylvie sighs, "That hair of hers is perfect. Not even natural blonde can compete with hair that shade of fire red!" Blowing out a long breath and sinking into the lava, "Mirima knows it and she shows it off."

"Bitch," Simmer seconds, "At least you have breasts and I have better skin than her."

"Amen!" To that Sylvie nods, or at least starts to before she stops. "Hold a moment. You brush your hair? I thought dryads didn't do things like that."

"They don't, but I picked up the habit." Simmer idly reaches up and twirls a bit of her coppery red hair, "But go on with what you were saying."

"Canderella's even prettier, but I can't get upset about a succubus being gorgeous. It's like hating water for being wet. Besides, she's a whore," Sniffing and crossing her arms, "Not that you should remotely mention that to her. I've seen how she fights."

Nodding quickly, "Never mention it to her. I've seen those titan sized fists of lightning and she's not sparing with them." Simmer affirms.

"Mmm-hmm. I should try and copy them some day," Sylvie ruminates on that.

"It won't make you any less jealous," Simmer points out.

Sylvie glowers right back, "Fine, we're jealous of her. I still don't hate her. At least she stays out of the library and Vul'lath gets grumpy if someone disturbs his quiet."

"Sage Vul'lath? How is he?" Simmer's question follows right away, "He and his assistants keep to themselves. There's not much gossip about them except if the gith are after them or not."

"Quiet, cranky and really smart," Getting out of the lava now, sitting and starting to wipe it away from her burning body, "He's not a debater or teacher like Tepen is. He's a researcher all the way to the marrow of his bones. You can spend hours arguing with Tepen about minutiae and learn immensely from it. Vul'lath? He'll shoo you away. Years later you'll read the lore he was working on and learn immensely. By our standards he's a curmudgeon, but compared to his kin he's friendly." Pausing for just a moment to flick a clingy bit of melting stone from her fingertips, "He wants to be left alone to study and the rest of Creation can go hang. That means he has to help Aurora and he's content with that." Sylvie's ministrations send droplets of lava splatter onto the sizzling hot stone floor.

"The only gith I met on Fire had his red dragon scare me off," Simmer listens and idly splashes a bit of lava with her fingers, watching it splash and sizzle, "Vul'lath sounds much better than that."

"Much." After that Sylvie finishes wiping the lava away, just sitting there, next to the lava pool. She curls up, resting her head on her knees and turning to face Simmer. "On the other hand, Gisfal's not like the other eladrin I've met. He's serious and lives for battle. With the way he's focused on it, you'd think he'd be better off as an archon. Then again, chaos has all types, since it wouldn't be chaos if it wasn't everything and nothing."

"All those worries about ethos are boring. Save it for the spirits tied up in it," Simmer waves it away, her tone dropping into cultured boredom. "Though Ebony isn't so bad for that type, but she just made the transition and remembers her mortal life."

"Ebony? She knows Alicia personally as a favored servant." Idly humming, "You can't tell anyone this - even Balyss."

"Tell you what?" With an innocent look, "I promise."

"I asked Ebony if she could find out what happened to Andrea's soul." Sylvie says, keeping her voice to just above a whisper, dueling with the popping of lava bubbles to be heard. "She came a courre eladrin on Sylica. Her days are now carefree happiness, free of sorrow and vindictive nymphs. She's shown the same potential to be a paladin as she had in her mortal life, so when her soul is ready to leave childhood behind, she'll become a firre paladin. She'll be dedicated to the pursuit of liberty."

Simmer smiles, matched by Sylvie. "Good." Nothing else is really said for a bit, the two residing in comfortable, happy silence. When it's broken it is broken by Sylvie, "Ebony swore me to secrecy. This isn't information they normally release, and she had to call in a favor to find out." With a growing smile on her face by the end, albeit tinged with a trace of wetness in her eyes, which burns away to steam in a few seconds, "Ebony did it because she said it was obvious I care about Andrea."

There's no words for a time again, just two women sharing a smile. When this bond is broken with words, "So Ebony's all around perfect?" Simmer asks in light jest.

"Got it." Sylvie smiles widely, "Speaking of all around perfect, that reminds me of an exact, theoretical opposite of Stille. Can you believe Ithea's dating him?"

"I've seen him in action. He can't go ten minutes without trying to flirt with the nearest cute girl." Simmer queries, staying in the lava in the meanwhile.

"He's a silver tongued bastard who's going to use her," Sylvie sits up and uncurls, slamming a fist into her palm, the heavy smack of flesh on flesh carrying over the gentle bubbling of the lava pools. "When he does break her heart, I'm going to have to break his balls. For Ithea's sake, I will find the inspiration to hit them as hard as I can."

"He's not that bad!" Simmer winces at that, "You're being overprotective. I happen to think he's charming."

"That's the whole problem," Sylvie looks right on back over, tossing her lava free hair back. "So do most of the other women. I know he's family to Balyss, but come on."

"Fine, fine," Simmer rolls her eyes, "You're just jealous that he takes more of Ithea's attention than ygurghrughgu!" Down goes Simmer's head as Sylvie darts over, pushing her down head first into the lava! After several  moments Simmer pushes back up and out, "So is that how you get out of having to admit you're lonely without your friends around as much?"

"Yes," Sylvie says as a scowl comes, "So hey, have you seen that silent girl walking around at nigaaaaaaah!" In Sylvie goes from one quick tug on her leg, face first into the lava pool! She comes up steaming and dripping, shaking her head clear and spitting out a stream of red. The two just glare at each other, before giggles erupt out between them. "Simmer...fine, I'm lonely. Balyss got me to admit the same thing, too." Shrugging and going back to sit, "So there's only a few more, and like hell this is going to get me in any more trouble. Jaela's friend Mei is nice, Tepen...no, we already talked about him. Who else...Oh, that new army commander that has Kascha jealous, Rosa. Haven't met her, but I've heard Kascha talk about her. Stay out of that one until Kascha deals. There's that new girl, Ellese? From what Tepen's said, I'm staying well on the other side of Aurora until she's back together. That enough for you?"

"You're burning up and you spilled," Simmer says with a contented smirk, "I'd say it went better than expected. Now how about..."
<Afina> Forever.