News:

Because we're grown ups now, and its our turn to decide what that means.

Main Menu

Loot thread of the Lost Realm

Started by Anastasia, October 13, 2014, 03:24:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

From the exploding mountain

Silver harp
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

[10:39] <Nephrite> roll 1d20+12 Spellcraft for the Harporoony
[10:39] <Serith> Nephrite roll for Serith < 13 > [d20=1]

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on November 20, 2014, 11:40:25 AM
[10:39] <Nephrite> roll 1d20+12 Spellcraft for the Harporoony
[10:39] <Serith> Nephrite roll for Serith < 13 > [d20=1]

Congratulations! You're the brand new owner of a natural 1! As the owner of a natural 1, you're entitled to the following benefits:

- Complete failure at the task you attempted.

- A sense of annoyance.

- Free seating in the Iddy lounge in #elysium.

- The creeping dread that you missed something important, something that will cost you big time.

Please enjoy your natural 1! Thank you!
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

At Neph's request:

> roll 1d20+15 Kamhoff
<Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 31 > [d20=16]

Harp of Adjustment

This silver harp bears the ability to adjust personal attributes. Using any of these abilities requires listening to the harp's music for one hour. The performer must succeed on a Perform (String Instruments) check or the attempt fails, the DC varies from usage to usage. Failed attempts may be tried again. The harp is only effective on willing creatures.

- Change the listeners hair color, eye color, height (within reasonable racial norms), body type and/or sex. This change is permanent, but may be undone by using the harp again. Changes result in the recipient being sickened for 1d4+1 days due to adjustments in body chemistry. This sickness can only be mitigated by a heal spell or greater magic. A creature can benefit from this usage of the harp of adjustment as many times as desired, but no more than once per month. The Perform (String Instruments) DC for this usage is 20.

- Move 2 points from one ability score to another ability score. This exchange is permanent. Doing so leaves the recipient sickened for 1d4+1 days thereafter due to the adjustments in body chemistry. This sickness can only be mitigated by a heal spell or greater magic. A creature can only benefit from this usage of the harp of adjustment once. The Perform (String Instruments) DC for this usage is 20.

- Shift a creature's alignment by one step towards good/evil or law/chaos. Creatures with alignment subtypes cannot be affected by this. A creature can only benefit from this usage of the harp of adjustment once. The Perform (String Instruments) DC for this usage is 25.

- Remove up to one hour of memory or memories. Treat this as modify memory with no saving throw or spell resistance allowed. A creature can benefit from this usage as many times as they wish. The Perform (String Instruments) DC for this usage is 30.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Okay, so this has waited long enough! I suppose it won't really be sold off till we reach civilization anyway, but here goes:

http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,103247.msg1054207.html#msg1054207

213 Amambo* gold coins. These aren't standardized, as coin value varies from .9 to 1.05 gold. Lucy can tell the civilization that stamped them wasn't the most advanced in making coinage, for what that's worth. They end up equaling 201.50 gold when it's all said and done. While old, there's enough of them in the market that they don't have a signification collector's value. Most are melted for the value of the gold.
267 Amambo* silver coins. They have the same quirks as the gold coins above, though you get a lion's share of ones with more metal value than the norm. The total comes out to 286 silver, or 28.6 gold.
389 Amambo* copper coins. These are small, low value coins not worth a lot, even for copper pieces. The total for them is 205 copper, or 2.05 gold when it's all said and done.

A well formed geode: 29 gold. Nothing remarkable here. Veren caught this one during the initial treasure rain.
An ivory paintbrush, decorated with unknown runes: 83.5 gold. Veren caught this one during the initial treasure rain. Old Kamhoff suspects it's something one of the nobility of Amambo would've used to paint. He's heard of a few that are enchanted, but this one isn't.
Green olivine crystal: 84.7 gold. Veren caught this one during the initial treasure rain.
Dented gold ingot: 200 gold. Veren caught this one during the initial treasure rain.
Black velvet mask, dotted with shards of blue gemstones and glass: 54.9 gold. Some sort of ceremonial mask, perhaps. Neither Lucy or Kamhoff know much about it. Looks more expensive than it is on first glance. Blame half the shards being glass.

Tally: 201.50gp + 28.6gp + 2.05gp + 29gp + 83.5gp + 84.7gp + 200gp + 54.9gp = 684.25gp

http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,103247.msg1054453.html#msg1054453

Let's keep this stuff as group possessions:
1 set of bloodied blue robes - Well made robes, 30 gold. However, they're damaged. Proper magic or a skill check can fix them.
1 wand - Fist of stone with 12 charges left, already identified. Kamhoff notes this one does have identifying marks - the sigil of Aranam Whimiscal, a magical artisan who lived and died about 100 years ago. He was based out of Hillmar, notably. Kamhoff remarks he was a solid magical artisan, but never really excelled. The sort that makes a living providing the low end magical items that make people's lives easier.

Let's sell this stuff:
1 jade armlet - 210 gold. Old Kamhoff can't peg where it comes from, it's nice but generic. There's no maker's signature, which could mean something or nothing at all.
2 scrolls - One's fireball as noted, the other's wall of fire. Prices are standard for SRD scrolls.
1 pouch with gold coins inside - Unmarked gold coins. Kamhoff can tell that they're unusually well made and precisely identical. Someone went to some trouble to measure these just so, likely with a well made mold. They're worth exactly 1 gold each and there's 99 of them total for 99 gold in value. The pouch is unremarkable, just a converted spell component pouch, the sort of thing a wizard has lying around. Kamhoff bets he just converted one out of need or frugality. Not everyone wants to waste money on monogrammed things made of fancy materials, thank you! Some people know the value of gold, and he bets that homicidal spellcaster was a man of excellent fiscal sense. Excellent fiscal sense! Excellent!

Tally: 684.25gp + 210gp + 375gp + 700gp + 99gp = 2,068.25gp

Kamhoff gets specialized drops and no other NPCs were involved there. Pepo isn't interested in bling, and Iddy grabbed the 18,000gp dagger so it divides two ways between Moore and Lucy.

Lucy: 1,034gp
Moore: 1,034gp

We'll toss the 0.25gp to Kamhoff.

EDIT: Actually, let's hold on this until the following post is answered. I'll recalculate with those contents, since it's also from the same event.
EDIT2: Editing complete.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Corwin

Quote from: Anastasia on November 03, 2014, 03:58:16 PM
The bronze skinned man and other things

1 set of bloodied blue robes
1 jade armlet
2 scrolls
1 wand
1 pouch with gold coins inside

The barrels within are empty or full of dust. Nothing interesting in them.

http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,103247.msg1054171.html#msg1054171

Whiff on the first scroll. Second is a scroll of fireball. The wand is a wand of fist of stone with 12 charges left.

I would like to try again for the first scroll now, and also appraise the rest with Kamhoff's help, please. (barrels aside, it's quite clear we didn't take them)

Unless Pepo already succeeded on the spellcraft part and it just wasn't posted due to the windfall? That would leave just the appraisal part.

http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,103247.msg1054180.html#msg1054180

Pepo takes 10 for 28 on  psicraft for anything we grabbed on our escape and that scroll Lucy and Moore whiffed on.

Corwin

Reminder on the Rod of Wonder!

http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,103247.msg1054350.html#msg1054350
http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,103247.msg1054351.html#msg1054351

Quote from: Nephrite on November 18, 2014, 06:31:43 pm
    Is Moore able to help Lucy out to see if there's any other way to recharge the rod?

Sure, make an K:A check.

[12:48] <Moore> roll 1d20+12 K:A for Rod of Wonder helping
[12:48] <Serith> Moore roll for Serith < 30 > [d20=18]

Anastasia

1 set of bloodied blue robes - Well made robes, 30 gold. However, they're damaged. Proper magic or a skill check can fix them.
1 jade armlet - 210 gold. Old Kamhoff can't peg where it comes from, it's nice but generic. There's no maker's signature, which could mean something or nothing at all.
2 scrolls - One's fireball as noted, the other's wall of fire. Prices are standard for SRD scrolls.
1 wand - Fist of stone with 12 charges left, already identified. Kamhoff notes this one does have identifying marks - the sigil of Aranam Whimiscal, a magical artisan who lived and died about 100 years ago. He was based out of Hillmar, notably. Kamhoff remarks he was a solid magical artisan, but never really excelled. The sort that makes a living providing the low end magical items that make people's lives easier.
1 pouch with gold coins inside - Unmarked gold coins. Kamhoff can tell that they're unusually well made and precisely identical. Someone went to some trouble to measure these just so, likely with a well made mold. They're worth exactly 1 gold each and there's 99 of them total for 99 gold in value. The pouch is unremarkable, just a converted spell component pouch, the sort of thing a wizard has lying around. Kamhoff bets he just converted one out of need or frugality. Not everyone wants to waste money on monogrammed things made of fancy materials, thank you! Some people know the value of gold, and he bets that homicidal spellcaster was a man of excellent fiscal sense. Excellent fiscal sense! Excellent!
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on November 21, 2014, 05:20:45 AM
Reminder on the Rod of Wonder!

http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,103247.msg1054350.html#msg1054350
http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,103247.msg1054351.html#msg1054351

Quote from: Nephrite on November 18, 2014, 06:31:43 pm
    Is Moore able to help Lucy out to see if there's any other way to recharge the rod?

Sure, make an K:A check.

[12:48] <Moore> roll 1d20+12 K:A for Rod of Wonder helping
[12:48] <Serith> Moore roll for Serith < 30 > [d20=18]

There's a few other ways, assuming that Lucy going all bloody on it is the first way.

2. An offering of chaotic magical items. For each 1,000 gold of the item, it will regain one charge. Unfortunately, doing so consumes the item and leaves a nonmagical item behind.
3. Expose it to a wild magic zone or similar area. The exact regain depends on time spent and the power of the zone in question, but it could work.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

I'm buying a blank spellbook for 15gp and special ink to write in it. I'll deduct those when I scribe spells into the spellbook, as usual.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on November 25, 2014, 03:24:00 PM
I'm buying a blank spellbook for 15gp and special ink to write in it. I'll deduct those when I scribe spells into the spellbook, as usual.

Done.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore would like to see if there are any herbs available to replace the ones they used, in case there are any other issues of food poisoning on the trip.

Anastasia

Veren's compensation

One coin bag. It has 19 gold, 42 silver and 42 copper. It's all local coinage and standarized, so no worries about what it equals.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on November 25, 2014, 03:26:11 PM
Moore would like to see if there are any herbs available to replace the ones they used, in case there are any other issues of food poisoning on the trip.

Sure, 10 gold.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

From Rocky

1 Blessed Book. Allows the contact of others in Hillmar by calling Arimaz Tondup. Also has unspecified tracking features.
<Afina> Forever.