News:

Populated by the admins and moderators of your other favorite sites!

Main Menu

Soulriders Gathering - 2015 (With Added Lightning)

Started by Dracos, December 31, 2014, 01:33:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

Gathering Plans
Target:
Houston - We dropped by Austin a few years ago, and there's several texans around to possibly join in.  Merc could show us around the area, and defeat us all in tremendous board game extravaganza.  Dallas is an alternate option as well, that'd have a show going on.  We can also hit the waterpark.
    Can Attend:
          Dracos
          Merc
          Iddy
          Wyld
          Halbarad

Definite: Arrival on the 14th, departure on the 19th.

Hotel:
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Energy Corridor West Oaks
2205 Barker Oaks Dr, Houston, TX, 77077, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9222

Also:
Weird Al is booked
http://concerts.livenation.com/weird-al-yankovic-the-mandatory-world-houston-texas-08-18-2015/event/3A004E3688012095
Well, Goodbye.

Iron Dragoon

Texas or New Orleans I'm down for. I've been to both Seattle and Atlanta, but not for vacation. I suppose I could do either, as well, but I'd have to start searching for a good deal on tickets soon.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Carthrat

I'd be thrilled to meet up in New Orleans or Texas; other places I'm not sure on. Haven't planned out my whole trip itinerary yet, so I'm really flexible, though!
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Dracos

And yes, I should be able to rent a place beforehand in one of these locations for us.  Depending on size of group, and general budget.

It did save a little bit last year and did provide a nice place to play games, though it also is really nice for everyone to have their own bed-space too.
Well, Goodbye.

Iron Dragoon

I'll say one thing about Washington. If we go there, I'll *really* want to do some kind of rafting or outdoors trip. August is still too hot to do that jazz in Texas, unless you're used to it.

Merc

Weren't we skipping 2015? For some reason I had it in my head that it was said we'd skip a year.

...That said, I'd be fully up to meeting in Houston or New Orleans.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Merc

Oh, Drac, as a random note of possible interest to you to plan around: August 29, 2015 will have the Symphony of the Goddess (Legend of Zelda concert) in San Francisco.

Dracos

Neat.  But I suspect folks don't want another one in SF.

It's possible we did say that.  I am forgetful :)  Anyhow, we shall see how topic goes.
Well, Goodbye.

Merc

Wasn't gonna suggest SF, was more of a "If you don't schedule that day in as part of gathering, might want to go there before heading out" thing. =)

Anyway, I mostly knew about that because I checked the usual suspects to see if there'd be a game concert in Houston during that time, but sadly it looks like Video Games Live is skipping us for Fort Worth and RePlay is skipping us altogether. Symphony of the Goddess is coming to Houston too, but in October. It just caught my eye that it'd be showing in San Francisco and figured you'd be interested. =)

Iron Dragoon

If you want to do that Video Games thing, then consider DFW. There's a ton to do here outside of that.

Merc

On VGL/Ft. Worth: Note that the concert is in June, which might be too early for some people. Might be fun for you to go to on your own though! =)

More on Texas: We ended up not going to Schlitterbahn (water park) when we met in Austin since it was at the end of September and the park was no longer open during weekdays by then, so the crowds would have been horrendous on weekends. Well, that and the water would have been cooooooold.

Anyhow! August is when the park stops being open during weekdays. Going by the schedule for this year, the second to last week of August is the last week to have full access to all the rides. The last week of august also has the park open during weekdays, but some of the rides aren't available and the park closes earlier in the day (around 5pm or so). Obviously its also cheaper then.

From Houston we have also two Schlitterbahn options. There is a 2.5 hour ride to New Braunfels for the original park and can visit San Antonio along the way. Or there is a 1 hour ride to Galveston for a new (and smaller) park and you can visit...well Galveston. Keep in mind that during the last week of August, the two parks close different sections of the park, so if you have a type of ride you want to take and that's when we plan on it, that might be a factor.

Kaldrak

Seattle gets my vote. It's fairly close to where I live.
"Do what you want to do. Do what you like doing. Write the stories you want to see written and give other people the same courtesy. That is all that is important."

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

Bunnehwyld

I derped and didn't post, but I live in Houston, so I'm definitely down for that one.  Others I doubt I'd be able to travel to, honestly.  Too much to spend bux on this year as it is.

Halbarad

Texas I can do on short notice, but due to workloads it will have to be short notice if I can make it at all. August is our busiest month of the year, and it's not yet clear how much I'm going to have on my plate at that time.

I'll keep an eye out here to see what can be done.
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.