News:

"The truth is stranger than fiction, but not stranger than fanfiction."

Main Menu

The second seal (Moore)

Started by Anastasia, August 30, 2016, 03:42:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephrite

Moore blinks, then clears his throat loudly and takes a breath in. "I'm pretty sure I'd have to join this lich if there was that sort of misunderstanding."

Anastasia

Both your friends laugh as you go down, the stairway ending in a path barred to further entry. A wall of shimmering purple stops further progress completely and blocks the way ahead.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

"Is this the part where Dana has to pronounce her devotion to royalty?" Moore asks, looking around.

Anastasia

"Yeah, probably some bullshit like that," Dana says, swinging at the barrier. A simple punch, one that hits...and makes the barrier vanish. Ahead the bare stone becomes worked brick, a carpeted path ahead.

"About fucking time that worked!" Dana says, "Willim made that look so easy, punch something and it stops bitching at you."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"Punching is certainly one way to quickly end an argument. ...Or sometimes start another one." Moore says with a grin as he starts forward. "It really seems like an arbitrary defense, though. I'm honestly surprised royalty from another plane of existence even works."

Anastasia

From the wall it walks out - a man sized figure of the same brick as the walls. "An arbitrary challenge to keep out the worthless," the creature says, a raspy man's voice coming from it. "Planars, what do you want?"
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"Ah, hello." Moore nods. "My name is Moore, these are Dana and Balyss, we're of Aurora. We're looking for the lost gate of Algorand. To make a rather long, winding story a bit shorter, I am in search of someone who I believe can be an ally to our cause, and supposedly the Algorand gate is how I can return to see him."

Anastasia

> roll 1d20+43 (+10 ???, +5 ???)
<Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+43 (+10 ???, +5 ???) --> [ 1d20=20 ]{63}

"I know where the gate is, but that knowledge is not cheaply given," The voice says, the creature of bricks standing still before all of you.

Dana merely waits, sword and shield at the ready, while Balyss has her holy symbol in hand.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"We understand the customs of your land." Moore says. "If it's knowledge you seek to trade in, then it's my duty to share it as a follower of Erathaol -- but in saying that, I would have to be sure that you meant to use it for a good cause. I'm sure you can at least agree that the idea of 'a wizard buried underground doing experiments forever' doesn't exactly have the most positive immediate connotations."

Moore takes a breath and then smiles. "However, I'm certainly willing to hear what you'd want in trade for the information and we can work from there. Are you aware of Aurora, before that? You seem much more aware of the outer world than the other denizens we've met thus far."

Anastasia

"I am aware of it," The voice confirms.

"Yeah, you have your shit together and look beyond because you got bored of that bullshit up there, didn't you? Oh, I'm the fifth circle so it makes up for the fact that I have a one inch dick," Dana rolls her eyes, "I'm sixth circle, I'm a real man now!"

"Most would be incinerated on the spot for your crudity," The golem moves to Dana, "But you are strong, so it is your right. I will trade the information for an anatomical chart of a pit fiend."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore rubs his chin. That doesn't really seem that that unreasonable, but maybe...

"May I make you a counter offer? Are you at all interested in leaving this place to further your research?" Moore asks. "I imagine that being down here offers its own comforts and keeps, as you said, the worthless, but... well, surely you've found your own limits here in this world?"

Anastasia

"I am not interested," The raspy voice says, "My terms stand."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Ah, so it goes. It was worth a shot!

"Well, if you ever change your mind, you're free to contact me. I'm sure Aurora can always use more stalwart allies." Moore says, glossing over the fact that this guy is most likely a terrible lich but hey whatever!

He rubs his chin for a moment and casts a quick spell to get some luck. Improvisation, to be clear.

Is an anatomical chart of a pit fiend something that Aurora's library even has? Going beyond that, is there a knowledge check that could be used to pull that out so he could just draw it himself?

Anastasia

It's not a common sort of thing, you'd need to find it. Aurora's library might have it. You'd need both K:P and Heal ranks to make a chart of your own, as well as a specimen to dissect for it.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore sighs. This is really turning into more of an ordeal than he anticipated. Maybe this is what the the divination meant when it said to beware the cost.

"You don't happen to already have one handy, do you? I could make you one if you wanted. If not, then we'll come back." Moore says.

Intent after this, since I'm guessing the answer is no, will be to go outside and ask the others what they want to do from here.