News:

Populated by the admins and moderators of your other favorite sites!

Main Menu

DM Nagging: It's pretty much my job

Started by Anastasia, April 12, 2018, 12:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iron Dragoon

Greater Aura of Terror
Necromancy [Fear, Mind-Affecting]
Level: Sorcerer 9, Wizard 9,
Components: V,
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: 30-ft.-radius emanation centered on you
Duration: 10 minutes/level
Saving Throw: Will negates; see text
Spell Resistance: Yes

As you chant the dark necromantic spell, the ghostly visage of the tormented dead surrounds you in black and violet light. The dead fade, but the aura of black and violet light lingers around you.

You become surrounded by an aura of fear, granting you a frightful presence not unlike that of a dragon. Whenever you charge or attack, you inspire fear in all creatures within 30 feet that have fewer Hit Dice than your caster level. Each potentially affected opponent must succeed on a Will save or become shaken—a condition that lasts until the opponent is out of range. A successful save leaves that opponent immune to your frightful presence for 24 hours.

If you cast this spell when you already have the frightful presence ability or a fear aura, the existing ability becomes more effective in the following ways:

The radius of the area affected by the ability increases by 10 feet.
The DC of your frightful presence ability increases by 4.
Creatures that would normally be shaken by your fear aura are frightened instead, and creatures that would normally be frightened are panicked.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Spell Booster's mostly done but besides polish, but it won't be out right away. I'm pretty sure they all need some mental down time to settle so I can appraise them more neutrally. I'm aiming for this coming weekend.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on September 10, 2018, 10:38:59 AM
Quote from: Anastasia on June 04, 2018, 11:46:26 AM
Okay, on reflections lets do healing flames as clr 6 and pal 5.

I think this spell never got settled? It's not in the Spell Collection.

Quote me the most recent version of it, then?
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on September 09, 2018, 09:18:40 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on April 16, 2018, 01:58:31 PM
Alyssa's Node

Overall Condition: Young.

Members

Emily: Relieved ("Let's go do something awesome and smite evil, Alyssa.")

Did beating the assassin count towards this?

It's borderline. Her exact goal involves actively smiting evil and just...I dunno. She's more traditional than Alyssa there, she's thinking a bardic story sort of fight where evil is smited, crushed and beaten up.

I've been thinking about it and there's a certain disconnect between what she had in mind and what you did. That's nothing against what you did, she's just imagining a great, climactic battle and you out thought and out prepped the assassin instead.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Quote from: Anastasia on September 17, 2018, 10:19:26 AM
Quote from: Corwin on September 10, 2018, 10:38:59 AM
Quote from: Anastasia on June 04, 2018, 11:46:26 AM
Okay, on reflections lets do healing flames as clr 6 and pal 5.

I think this spell never got settled? It's not in the Spell Collection.

Quote me the most recent version of it, then?

Should be here
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

This is more of a downtime/away thing, yet I'll post it here for the sake of exposure.

Right now I'm using the mornings to jobhunt. It makes the most sense so I'm rolling with it. This only impacts morning posts, which while undesirable is not a huge deal as it doesn't impact either daily session. Once I'm finished with my current job, I'll have more time and be able to assess how I'm going to spend my time. Between job hunting and working some side gigs to scratch up extra cash, we'll see how it all works out. Odds are mornings will be job hunting and later afternoons and into the evening will be side gigs.

At the very least, we won't lose any gaming time. We'll also gain some afternoon flexibility, though much of this will go to the above concerns.

Go ahead and let me know you've read this with a post. If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to toss them out.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Nephrite

Iron Dragoon

This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Corwin

Anastasia

Waiting on a reply here, Yuth.

Anyway, heads up. I'm sure most of you know this from IRC, but lemme summarize: This week has sucked for me. Between some fatigue, the stress of my job going away soon and a few other things, I've felt drained most of the week. This should hopefully resolve in a few weeks once it's all said and done. I feel I had some weakness at times on account of things, a few posts being less than they could be. Bear with me.

Maybe more on this in the Weekly Roundup tonight.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Houserules update.

9/21/18: Houseruled shock trooper over in feats. The feat's problematic for one part of it, while the other two uses are great and reasonable for someone focusing on bull rushes. So the bad part is gone and the BAB prereq is reduced as compensation. It's a rough solution but there's not a lot of room to work with there. Heedless charge is simply a bad idea and dreadfully abusable in power attack combos.

I'm working up an NPC who would love the non broken parts of shock trooper, but I don't want to introduce in the broken part of it. So basically making the best of the situation.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Quote from: Anastasia on September 21, 2018, 07:20:50 PM
Waiting on a reply here, Yuth.

Anyway, heads up. I'm sure most of you know this from IRC, but lemme summarize: This week has sucked for me. Between some fatigue, the stress of my job going away soon and a few other things, I've felt drained most of the week. This should hopefully resolve in a few weeks once it's all said and done. I feel I had some weakness at times on account of things, a few posts being less than they could be. Bear with me.

Maybe more on this in the Weekly Roundup tonight.
Sorry. When I'm at work I have trouble replying.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

So I haven't had the energy to do last week's Weekly, so I'm gonna mix it up. Let's try a different feedback format while I'm a bit drained from RL.

Did you all have fun today? Answer however you like in as little or as much depth as possible.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Sure! Treasure-hunting in trapped nazi vaults ftw~