A bountiful return

Started by Anastasia, August 21, 2018, 05:04:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Thus the two of you return to the Cauldron. When you appear there, you feel it. The realm surges with energy, burns with vitality. You can feel it, surging through you as your own powers surged with your victory over Zariel.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

"No time like the present for that expansion," Seira muses. "What do you think, Darling?"
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

"I think it's time," Amaryl agrees, taking your hand. "I'd like my own church and...what else shall we add?"
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"The core will remain as it is, and so will the outside," Seira proposes. "The space in between the two, however, will become quite exciting! We'll do away with the cavernous, trapped to the gills paths to the surface. The currently public inner areas will extend through two-way portals to environments from the Inner Planes. The main four, the demi-planes where they meet, the quasi planes that are offshoots of them... even the ridiculous planes like Salt or the unique experience that is Ooze will get their own mini realm. The portals themselves will be more like Felic's Gate than Aurora's portals, and require that the traveler is capable of surviving within through a similar magic that tests a summoned creature could exist in a target environment, although we'll have the faithful in adjacent booths offering guided tours with the aid of planar protection magic."

She grins, adding, "We'll leave a few blank, fertile spots for the forests Zariel could grow for us. So if you agree with that, all we need is to decide on your church! What did you have in mind?"

Anastasia

"That sounds lovely," Amaryl murmurs, closing her eyes, voice distant. "I imagine a great forest cathedral, built into the trees and part of the forest. A place of solitude and peace, where the winds can blow through as fast as they fancy to. Here my clergy will live and live in tune with nature, understanding the fundamental elven nature. Those who are not elves will be granted an elven body on death and the time to adjust to it. A community, a Pallanth away from Pallanth."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Perhaps in a great ring surrounding the second to last layer?" Seira proposes, which would have Amaryl's forest cathedral circle her temple of the golden flame. Given the planned expansion, it would have as much space allocated to it as Amaryl believes is needed.

Anastasia

"That would be nice," Amaryl says ever so softly, "Can you imagine it, Seira? We can make it a reality now."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Seira indeed can! And she finds it appropriate to make it happen at that moment!

Anastasia

Okay, this is your baby, so feel free to describe this and let things expand as you want. Play it up, it's your moment in the sun.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

I want it exactly as I just said to Amaryl!

All the ways into and out of the Cauldron will be sealed off aside from the main entrance (the volcano top one). The terraces and the outside of the Cauldron will remain unchanged, but the space between the ending of the terraces and the outer walls will expand drastically, becoming much bigger on the inside than seen from the outside.

There will be two-way portals similar to the entrance to Sylica on every terrace which would lead to a demi-plane based off one of the elemental ones, be it the main ones, the blended ones or abominations like Salt or Ooze. Some of the demi-planes in question will be empty in preparation of growing lovely forests in them.

The entrances to them will require that the traveler is capable of surviving within through a similar magic that tests a summoned creature could exist in a target environment. There will be the faithful manning booths adjacent to the entrances, offering guided tours with the aid of planar protection magic.

The top ten layers will remain unchanged, served for defenses. The demi-planes connected to them will contain... yet more defenses, and reinforcements, and will be one way (from the demi-plane into the Cauldron's terraces on that level) without direct intervention from myself or those in my Node. Level eleven will be where the portals will be redirected, functioning similar to Aurora portals. They would lead to my trading partners across the planes, to the Primes of Lifasa and Balmuria, and to my allies. The permissions to access each one will also be handled similarly to Aurora's, so the trading portals will be usually open to all travelers while the portals to allied realms will require certain clearance.

The lowest layer will remain unchanged, as will the Cauldron's prison deep within the magma. The second lowest layer will be expanded, and the demi-plane connected to that terrace will contain Amaryl's envisioned forest cathedral.

Anastasia

Oh, I think you misunderstood. I meant doing so IC. It's your divine realm, your chance to play it up and shape it just so. Like get dramatic with it, have some fun, have it blossom how you want. It's your divine realm so you have tons of latitude and leeway there.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

A phantom collection of bells rings across the Cauldron, gaining the attention of its residents and visitors alike. "Your attention, please," Seira's voice sounds across, once everyone is more attentive.

"Planar travel will be unavailable for a few moments while the planar links reconfigure themselves," she announces, as her power rearranges the portals where they all wink out only to form circling the eleventh layer one after the other. And this time, with automated security that will be run by Silver, an automata modeled after a certain Balmurian fairy. "New environments are being established on terraces twelve through one hundred. If homesick, or merely interested in a touch of the exotic, please feel free to inquire about them from the stewards."

Said stewards, of course, are already at their posts and ready to do their jobs having been drawn from the pool of reincarnated souls who chose to have a non-combat role in their afterlife, the relevant information granted to them by Seira.

"To all those who were looking for a way to offer thanks to Amaryl in a more formal setting, a cathedral had been established on the last public terrace."

She nudges Amaryl with a grin, letting her conclude the announcements as the changes take hold all around them.

Anastasia

Amid the sound of bells magic spreads, your realm reshaping itself to your will. Amaryl is there as well, eyes closed as she focuses, drawing in more and more power.

Terraces expand, portals appear and realms grow. To your power all seems to shift and grow, becoming more and more. As it happens you feel it - a resonation with Amaryl, a connection to her.

Node update, go check it out.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Done so!

"The portals are active once more," Seira announces, to the sound of bells that conclude the message.

Naturally, the increase to the Cauldron's defenses or sealing it off properly weren't made public, nor did she feel like publicizing the expansion of their laboratories. Her closest friends would know, and that's enough for Seira at this point!

"Now," she tells Amaryl, even as she wonders when Kascha will come home, "you wanted to invite our foolish daughter to dinner?"

Anastasia

This deserves a brief OOC interlude. Odds are Alyssa will come along as Emily had that in mind. OOC this is a little challenging due to how your times line up, so I'd like to do that as a weekend session and knock it out in one go. How does Saturday or Sunday sound to you, Cor? I'm also going to nudge Iddy into here real quick and get his comments on it too.

This is a lot more viable if we can take care of it in big blast.
<Afina> Forever.