News:

"If it has HP, we can kill it."

Main Menu

Crushed Slavers

Started by Anastasia, September 17, 2018, 11:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

"This simplifies matters," Seira tells them. "I presume you have a copy of their business dealings across the planes?"

First, she'll try to get some usable information. And make sure Palum is on the level!

Sense Motive 10 for 74.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

"I do not, actually. It's almost as if my masters do not trust me not to betray them," Palum smiles blandly at that, "They keep all records in a secured vault that only they can access."

He doesn't seem to be lying at all. You can detect an undercurrent of casual contempt, though.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

"Show me to the vault, and you are free to go," Seira tells Palum. Turing her head towards the dwarf, she notes for his benefit, "As for yourself, I would urge you to seek a better master."

To Amaryl, she thinks, 'How about you take Omni with you and go over the merchandise? Get anything that seems decent and destroy the rest.'

Anastasia

'Of course. Destroy the building after that?' Amaryl sends back.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

'Not a brick left standing,' Seira affirms.

Anastasia

"Of course, right this way," Palum smiles and goes to the side wall, tapping it thrice in an odd pattern. It slides open, a secret passage revealed.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Seira follows, once more in her regular form. And continuing to keep Palum honest!

If I happen to sense motive he's lying or taking me into a trap....

Anastasia

As you walk down a darker hallway, "If you ask me, this should be lit," he opines, "It's terribly cliche for this secret passage to be dark, let alone for the vault to be hidden by one. It's as common as finding hellfire in Hell." Glancing back at you, "At least you aren't insisting on dragoning through these poor halls. "But I can feel it, Ms. Aryn. Your presence, overwhelming. Rather remarkable, it reminds me a little of the Grand Sultan."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"It is as dark or light as I will it," Seira voices, adjusting the lighting to be more pleasant. "Just as it would be no problem whatever shape I were to use. Reality finds it easier to bend to my little whims." Glancing at her guide, she asks, "Do you find your position here fulfilling? Not trusted by your employers, and left behind the moment they receive a warning and flee on their own?"

Anastasia

"It has its rewards," The efreet replies back, not even missing a moment. "Why, is that an imminent offer of employment?"
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"I see many uses for sensible people who are willing to serve my cause, and I came here because I have a problem with this establishment. If I'm going to be putting you out of a job, I might as well make an offer myself?"

Anastasia

"I'm listening." Palum says, hands behind his back now.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"I'll put you on retention and match your salary along with the standard twenty percent raise for taking on a new position. You'll need to follow my ethical code throughout your employment, like you would expect, although it's hardly much of a restriction. You'll gain my protection, the chance of further advancement and I'm not going to be abandoning you at the first sign of trouble. Where it comes to the actual job, I'm thinking administration unless you would like to have something better tailored for your specialties. How about it?"

Anastasia

Gimme a Diplo check here while you're at it. You said enough to warrant it.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

20:22 <CC> roll 1d20+70 Rei
20:22 <Rei-chan> CC rolled : 1d20+70 Rei --> [ 1d20=5 ]{75}