News:

Game for the gaming god; co-op for the entertainment couch!

Main Menu

Crushed Slavers

Started by Anastasia, September 17, 2018, 11:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

The mercane goes to the wall, pulls it open and reaches within, before leaving with a bag.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

Seira decides to pull the wall open as well and see what's left there! Even a starting dragon will have a hoard they will have a hard time carrying in a small sack, nevermind someone of their life experience. Then, there is the mercantile side of things; she'd gone here hoping to find the ledgers, the books her targets would need to manage their business and their extensive network of contacts. Keeping all the eggs in one sack seems counter-productive. The most important, the most precious? Probably. But everything, down to the tomes upon tomes of mundane record-keeping books?

That, and she does hope for a small hoard! Amaryl might find something nice among the merchandise itself, but that's never as fun.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Sitting in here are six burlap sacks on six hooks, with four hooks empty of sacks.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Perhaps for the last time, Seira observes this hidden chamber for traps, yet more hidden doors, magic and a recap of the previous two visits to it via divination.

Anastasia

Nada. If there's anything else here, it's beyond you to find.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Seira takes the sacks, and after a check to confirm they're empty puts the tomes into them. The chest will be last, as she opens it to take a glance inside.

Anastasia

You open one of the sacks to confirm. Within you see a vast space full of copper coins, far more than you can even easily comprehend.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Even better! Seira checks each sack to ensure it or its contents won't interact badly with her bag of holding, and then places them all away inside it, followed by the tomes. Then, it's time to open the chest!

'How are you doing?' she asks Amaryl in the meantime.

Anastasia

One sack has copper coins, one sack has silver coins, three sacks have gold coins. The last sack is empty.

Unfortunately adding them to your bag of holding is a bad idea - explosively bad.

'Waiting and holding position. No sign of a serious reprisal yet.' Amaryl sends back. 'The two lead rats escaping aside, we seem to have been fortunate and caught our target at a time of particular weakness.'
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Seira ends up summoning three large earth elementals, for each to hold a pair. The empty sack might come in handy when they leave!

'I'm just about done. Was there anything useful amid the inventory, and did you torch the rest?' she asks Amaryl curiously, studying the chest.

In the interest of clarity! I haven't seen anything in the magic here that a Summon Monster spell would set off, correct? Putting the sacks with stuff into the bag of holding is the bad idea, not the tomes? And finally, what's in the chest, and can that go into the bag of holding safely?

Anastasia

Correct, yes and I was waiting on the chest pending sorting the other things out.

Within the chest sits a single sheet of parchment with writing on it. You can see the writing changes each moment that you stare at it.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Seira has been burnt in the past by exploding runes and similar traps, and first ensures that neither magic nor mundane means would cause her harm before even considering trying to decypher any words.

Anastasia

You don't detect any traps on the parchment nor any hostile magic.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

In that case, Seira looks at it! With true seeing, blindsight, darkvision and regular sight. And the greater arcane sight gives everything a nice glow in case there is non-hostile magic to be seen and admired.

Anastasia

One moment it reads:

1394 4582 9238 2098 2398 5992 Fire/Earth/Fire/Fire/Water/Fire/Earth

The next moment it reads:

4923 9348 4999 4820 4033 3982 Air/Air/Air/Air/Air/Water/Fire

The next moment it reads:

9420 0003 2980 2390 4897 1030 Null/Air/Fire/Fire/Fire/Fire/Fire

And so on.

You analyze the magic. It seems bound to a location beyond this plane, one that seems to be moving constantly.
<Afina> Forever.