News:

"With great power comes the opportunity to abuse that power."

Main Menu

Crushed Slavers

Started by Anastasia, September 17, 2018, 11:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

"Complicated. Some seer in their employ told our targets to flee before we even came to Fire. We did trash the place and found something nice in the ruins, but then Eblis's kids ambushed us. We took one down in the opening salvo and I had Omni move him to a cell when Eblis showed up in person." Seira shrugs. "How he knew about it-- well, maybe he also had a seer? It's all the rage these days. The battle turned beyond pointless so we headed home. I do hope you had a better time of it?"
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

"We did well," Kascha says, then blushes. "I...sort of lost an arm, but I grew a new one."

"How-" Amaryl begins, "Are you...of course you're alright, you're a phoenix." Muttering in elven, "Humans!"
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

"Counting the ways our adorable Kascha can regrow a limb require both hands," Seira says cheerfully. "Who was the opposition for your teams? And did you manage to learn something nice about fire magic or metallurgy?"

Anastasia

"Mostly the locals," Kascha says, "We saw signs of reinforcements, but we'd already taken care of things." Grimacing and flexing her arm slowly, "We pressed fast so we could win before anything could happen, it's why I lost my arm. We got some lorebooks and information, as well as prisoners."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Nice. It works as a statement, and it sets the enemy back in their research." Seira grins, saying, "I suppose this only leaves the matter of reward for a job well done. Kascha, starting with you, are you interested in becoming a dragon at all?"

Anastasia

"..." Kascha turns very red at that, "...that isn't...a proposition, is it?" she eeps out.

Donald blinks and blinks again, before throwing his head back with a cackle. Elle chuckles and tries to keep calm, fails and joins Donald.

Amaryl blushes herself, "Ahem! It does rather carry a certain connotation, but no, it doesn't mean that. Also, if you act any more adorable you'll probably make Seira hug you forever."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Oh please," Seira responds, rolling her eyes. "Dragons have a bad name, but the same goes for humans too, and a few other races. No, what this is about is that the foundation has been set, and I've advanced in my power. I can use it to reward you with a genuine miracle, and while I'll come up with fun rewards in the future I wanted you guys to have a say in the first one."

Anastasia

"Thank you, but no," Kascha clears her throat, "I'm a phoenix, not a dragon. I study dragons, but I remain a phoenix. I don't want to give up being a symbol of life and rebirth, it's too suited to what I've been through."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"In that case," Seira tells her formally, "I will have you experience it in a different way. Kascha, there is a secret spell of the faith that I am bestowing to you. As its first caster, use it well."

Kascha gains Seira's Draconic Visage as a SLA 3/day.

Anastasia

As this is the first time this has been used in particular, I'm going to mention the following point as a general refresher for everyone.

10. Finally, the direct servants of deities are usually awash in the power of the divine. For example, Latha has her sun based powers and Donald his luck powers. You generally can't reward them often as they're considered nearly full already. It's not off the table in a suitable situation, but for balance reasons I'd rather not have it be anything but a rare treat.

Just heads up in case you had something else in mind.

The reward's not out of line for a 31st level character or anything, let alone because it's in your wheelhouse, but ask me about these first? I'm supposed to rule on them so we can make sure it's good to go when you do it IC.

Minor DM nagging aside, here we go.

"Oh!" Kascha murmurs, "Thank you, Seira!"

Donald gathers himself, "What did you give her?" he asks.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

As noted, it's the first time I'm doing it. I wanted to give it a try, and it won't really be an everyday thing.

I'm thinking of the Twin Spell feat for Elle and a spell known slot (x2) for Donald. Any objections?

"It'll be a surprise," Seira tells Donald with a grin, turning her attention on her proxies. "Something to round the two of you out as well."

Anastasia

Those are fine.

"No wonder divine servants are always so mighty," Donald remarks, sitting back.

"Thank you," Elle says, "But we should tell you about how we did first."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"I already know the pertinent details, because my avatar and I are the same and I was looking in," Seira tells her in a stage whisper, before leaning back and nodding primly. "But yes, protocol must be observed. I'm all ears, Elle."

Anastasia

"We came, we dealt with them and we blazed through," Donald says, "The ones who tried to fight us in melee didn't get past me while Elle picked off everyone else. Lots of fire magic but we handled it. Had some good luck with the serious opposition, too."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Seira snorts. "No Sharrans, but at least some worthy evil opponents to test your magic on, Elle?"