News:

Game for the gaming god; co-op for the entertainment couch!

Main Menu

Knowledge shall lead the...

Started by Anastasia, December 25, 2019, 07:09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

"You got it. Think about how you'd like to develop properly in the meanwhile, alright?"
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

A nod at that as...

Anything else with them?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

Not at this time. Let's meet Oberuth along with Elle and Sanzha.

Anastasia

"You have a mission in the Deep Ethereal?" Oberuth asks once the four of you gather, right to the point.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"We got the rough locations of several divine seeds from Zaphkiel," Seira elaborates, once suitable privacy had been ensured. "Since there's the Hells to consider, we've been going after them. I chose to challenge the Deep Ethereal next, and this is the information we have on it:

"It is at the Heart of Dreams. Any who seek it must be able to master and defeat any dream they can imagine. Reality will become a matter of dreams there, and dreams shall oppose you to the last. The Guardian there takes the form of a blindfolded gorgon."

Anastasia

"In other words, you're a natural," Elle says, "You're welcome to come along."

Oberuth nods slightly, slowly. "Alright. I would be," he agrees, "Fantasy's worse than reality - at least reality has rules."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"You turned down the chance to use a divine seed before, but if you're interested now one of the charges is yours," Seira tells Oberuth. "If not, you know I can provide any number of artifacts to make life easier for you. In the end, however, I just think it'll be more fun to do this together."

Anastasia

Oberuth shakes his head, but after, "What manner of artifacts?"

Lady Sanzha smiles, "The Cauldron's collected many useful bits and bobs of equipment. All sorts of legendary treasures. Seira's quite good at hoarding things."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"The crown Sanzha is wearing is specialized in dreams, both using them and warding against them. It could work quite well in tandem of the specialized bed to prevent nightmares we borrowed from Aurora for you. But really, Sanzha's right. We've got plenty of gear sitting around and waiting for the right person, and we've been so close for so long any of it is yours should you ask for it. Even unique artifacts, given what we're after and how we intend to use that gift," Seira says, glancing at Elle in the end.

Anastasia

Quick check so I know, do you have anything in mind from your hoard here?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Not specifically and I don't have Oberuth's sheet, but aside from the Crown these things are nice:

Girded Mail

This is adamantine chainmail+6, heavy fortification that grants a +8 enhancement bonus to Strength when worn. These armors are relatively common (for epic magic items), said to be made in the House of Knowledge. Grand masters of magical item crafting are said to be given a task to be honored as a true grand master, and this is one of the creations often assigned as a test. Most bear a maker's mark, but not all.

Myciska

An adamantine mace+6, holy, defending, fiendbane and construct bane, this mace was the personal weapon of a cleric of Bahamut who lost her live in a tumble into the River Styx. It was recovered and resanctified, then said to be lost when a dragonborn went rogue and defected to Tiamat. Deals from there are obscure and spotty, but it's thought the mace was returned to Bahamut through unclear circumstances. What it's doing here isn't immediately obvious.

Plus, you know, I plan to have Elle go divine artificer and craft custom artifacts! The Cauldron will cover the crafting cost of any nice artifact up to 500k.

Anastasia

http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,104122.msg1109321.html#msg1109321

If you're curious. His gear is mostly functional.

"Something to improve my defenses," Oberuth says at last, "I can heal from anything, but it still hurts like hell."

Elle ponders it and murmurs words of magic. "Do you still need those boots the way you move?"

Oberuth looks down at them - good, strong boots with images of wings stenciled in on them. "No," he admits, as you see dried mud and dirt on them. "Distance doesn't matter anymore."

"I'm thinking boots with ioun stones engraved into them, so they aren't flying around," Elle says aloud, "I'd say something flashy but I know you don't want that, boring as it is."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"I'm thinking that the rest of your gear could use a boost, too," Seira muses, observing his weapon and armor with a critical eye. "My knowledge is theoretical rather than practical, but as someone who knows exactly what she wants and usually how to get it, once we're successful Elle could uplift it without harming the efforts that went into Tears or Blood and Sweat so far."

Anastasia

"If you can do it," Oberuth agrees, "Then do it - after this, I can fight fine with it for now."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Sure thing," Seira concludes. "Now, as for what we know."

Any further info on Heart of Dreams? K:P 10 for 130 with Divine Insight.