News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

Burrowing ahead

Started by Anastasia, March 04, 2020, 04:25:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

"Right. Well, we've learned something new! Thanks!"

Right. Let's do Asmodeus's quest. I'll have my avatar cast all the travel spells including Glorious Rally and Celestial Valor.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Okay, we'll start that tomorrow - I'm going to focus on finishing Alicia's trip with the time I have left today, so go ahead and get your spoiler block in order so I don't have multiple combat scenarios unfolding at once and gumming up the works bad.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

Spoiler: ShowHide

CL 36 for all spells.

Supreme Initiative: (+21 vs DvR6)
Armor Class: 101 (Touch AC 80)
Melee/Ranged Attack: +60 [Good, Lawful and Epic] (Haste, K:D +5, DvR6, Luck +3, Enchantment NOT included)
Full Attack/Dragon's Grace (flanking): +72/+72/+72/+72/+67/+62/+57 (1d6+100+23d6 17-20 x2) and bite +69 (1d8+103+22d6 19-20 x2) and claw +69 (1d6+97+22d6 19-20 x2) and wings +69/+69 (1d4+97+22d6 19-20 x2)
Saves: Fort +76, Ref +74, Will +74
Abilities: STR 36+2 (13+1), DEX 38 (14), CON 35+4 (12+2), WIS 26+6 (8+3), INT 46+6 (18+3), CHA 37 (13)
Darkstalker, Improved Evasion, Improved Uncanny Dodge, Spell Reflection, Aegis, Damage reduction 20/adamantine and epic, immunity to acid, electricity and fire, immunity to paralysis and sleep, spell resistance 50, vulnerability to cold, darkvision 6 miles, low-light vision 6 miles

My numerical benefits:
AC: +14 normal/+9 touch (+2 insight Foresight, +5 sacred Shield of Warding, +2 dodge Visions of the Future, +5 natural armor Dragonskin)
Attack: +10 (+4 sacred Celestial Valor, +6 morale Glorious Rally)
Damage: +10 (+4 sacred Celestial Valor, +6 morale Glorious Rally)
Fort and Will Saves: +10 (+4 sacred Celestial Valor, +6 morale Glorious Rally)
Ref Save +13 (+5 sacred Shield of Warding, +6 morale Glorious Rally, +2 insight Foresight)
Ability Checks: +2 (+2 morale from Good Hope)
72 temp hp

Also fast healing 8 (Superior Vigor), immunity to all death spells, magical death effects, energy drain, and any negative energy effects (Mass Death Ward), immunity to poison and fear (Heroes's Feast), being a difficult target to divination (Nondetection), becoming impossible to track without magic, and limiting the usefulness of scent (Pass Without Trace), moving and attacking normally everywhere, as well as receiving +15 to CMD vs grapples (Freedom of Movement), being healed with 150hp once if dropped below 0 (Fortunate Fate), reflecting 1d4+6 spell levels of spells that have you as a target and aren't touch spells (Spell Turning), +10 enhancement bonus on Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate checks and a really nice and deep commanding voice (Voice of the Dragon), true seeing, +10 to perception and immunity to being dazzled or blinded (Vision of the Omniscient Eye), immediate ability to analyze magic (Greater Arcane Sight) and our favorite combo of detecting when someone's scrying on you and blocking their teleport for 3 rounds any time they try to teleport within a 180ft radius of you.

Anastasia

Cool, were you going to contact them or just show up somewhere?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

It's time. I'm coming over now, if convenient, Seira contacts Asmodeus. Same procedure as last time?

Anastasia

'Yes,' The voice of Asmodeus is heard, a single calm word in reply.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

And so she's off to Avernus!

Anastasia

You appear beneath the green sky. The land is pitted, broken and dead here. The air has taken a bitterly cold chill. Yet you stand there untouched by it as he approaches. Bel strides forward, a look of cool consideration as he approaches you. Hate burns in his eyes, like two points of black that threaten to strangle you. "Seira Aryn," he growls.

From your side the other approaches. Gathgorian advances, mountainous and blotting out the sky. He carries his blade in hand, "We go to battle," he declares, "Can you keep up?"
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"This again?" Seira asks with an eyeroll. "Anyway, as part of actual prep, let's make a full effort to avoid friendly fire. With our power, we can position easily enough to avoid it. And it's probably more of a pain for me than for either of you."

Anastasia

"Agreed," Bel declares, "Follow my lead, I will command us. My orders will see us through to victory.  We will strike faster than they can see and stronger than they can endure!" His voice is a deep, booming thing as he speaks, a thrill going throughout you.

Bel's applying motivate dexterity for +16 dex checks and init as well as motivate attack for +5 melee attack rolls. This is normally automatic since who doesn't want marshal auras, but feel free to resist here since the circumstances are what they are.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"We've been through this and decided to take an adventuring party approach. I won't flat out ignore your suggestions, so let's get going. Transport us across?"

Anastasia

In an instant reality changes before you.

It is dark and gray. Rather than the green sky and dead lands of Avernus, it is dead lands in the night. You stand before a tiny, choked brook. Here dust and dirt clog it, turning it into nothing more than a little path of mud. Already Gathgorian strides forward, gaze to the horizon.

"This way," Bel declares.

[spoiler]

Bel
HP: 1780/1780 (regeneration 17)
Negative Conditions:
Aura:
Bonuses: Attack+27 (+5 aura, +18 profane, +4 morale), Damage+18 (+18 profane) AC+18 (+18 profane), Saves+18 (+18 profane), Skills+0, Checks+0 +16 dex/init
Resources: Grant Move Action 6/6 Genocidal Rally 1/1 Smite 9/9
Spells Used:
SLAs Used:
Spells Active: Mind Blank (CL52), Nessian Reverie (CL63), Death Ward (CL35), Soul Ward (CL35), Invincible Champion (CL35)
Notes:

Gathgorian
HP: 1983/1983 (regeneration 18)
Negative Conditions:
Aura:
Bonuses: Attack+27 (+5 aura, +18 profane, +4 morale), Damage+18 (+18 profane) AC+18 (+18 profane), Saves+18 (+18 profane), Checks+0 +16 dex/init
Resources:
Spells Used:
SLAs Used:
Spells Active: Mind Blank (CL52), Nessian Reverie (CL63), Death Ward (CL35), Soul Ward (CL35), Invincible Champion (CL35)
Notes:
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Of course," Seira agrees. "By the way, if we actually end up facing someone strong, I'll show you a nice method of flanking. This one isn't for some misplaced glory."

Reluctantly, +21 damage while flanking from my own aura, if they actually follow along.

Anastasia

As you walk, Gathgorian glances at the river. A pause for just one moment before the mud is blow away, and away from all of you. The debris and dust that clog it are gone, and the river begins to flow once more.

"Fool." Bel says shortly, not even looking back as Gathgorian smiles - a mask of malice and teeth - and turns to follow.

[spoiler]

Bel
HP: 1780/1780 (regeneration 17)
Negative Conditions:
Aura:
Bonuses: Attack+27 (+5 aura, +18 profane, +4 morale), Damage+18 (+18 profane) AC+18 (+18 profane), Saves+18 (+18 profane), Skills+0, Checks+0 +16 dex/init +21 damage flanking
Resources: Grant Move Action 6/6 Genocidal Rally 1/1 Smite 9/9
Spells Used:
SLAs Used:
Notes:

Gathgorian
HP: 1983/1983 (regeneration 18)
Negative Conditions:
Aura:
Bonuses: Attack+27 (+5 aura, +18 profane, +4 morale), Damage+18 (+18 profane) AC+18 (+18 profane), Saves+18 (+18 profane), Checks+0 +16 dex/init
Resources:
Spells Used:
SLAs Used:
Notes:
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

So that's how it is? They even openly needle each other in front of their enemy? Nice choice of a party, Asmodeus.