News:

No longer content with mere attendance, the middle-class suburban poseurs have begun to put their hands in the air and wave them like they just don't care

Main Menu

Vicious-Carthrat Tanewaki, Badass in training?

Started by Bean Bandit, January 05, 2007, 01:05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carthrat

Vicious loiters near the edge of the door. "Be quick about it," he asks Kaoru.

At least women get away with wearing men's clothes..
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Bean Bandit

Kaoru hesitates as the two men advance, both wearing smiles, and she clamps a hand tightly on Yahiko's shoulder, eliciting a complaint from the boy, but she doesn't release him.

The pair are dragged off by the salesmen, and some rather loud and animated conversation goes on in the back, only fragments of which make it out to Vicious-not that they have much relevance, other than expressing eagerness on the part of the salesmen, and annoyance on Kaoru's part.

Moments later, they emerge from the back, Kaoru holding a bag, and walking slightly unsteadily on an old looking pair of women's heeled boots.

Yahiko is trotting behind her, doing his best not to burst out laughing.
---
I love the games I've played here.

Carthrat

"Are those practical?" queries Vicious, raising an eyebrow.

Bean Bandit

"Depends on what you mean by practical." Kaoru replies, sourly. "The smallest available men's shoe is two sizes bigger than my foot, so I'm screwed either way. But they insist that there'll be no falling in these."

"Except the people laughing when they watch you walk." Yahiko added helpfully.

"Shut up!" Kaoru retorted with the air of someone with rapidly fraying patience.
---

Carthrat

"We could've gone to another shop. But if you insist," replies Vicious, dryly stepping outside, and briefly checking his watch.

Bean Bandit

Kaoru just glares, then looks down at the boots...they aren't heeled in the classical, hooker sense-it's only a block underneath the heel. "Let's not bother." She sighs. "They're warm enough, and they fit-if I fall down a lot, I'll take you up on it later. I'm not girl enough to want to shop this badly."
---

Carthrat

Vicious questions this not, and instead, turns back to continue to the hotel.

"Can you tell me anything about the group that propositioned you?" e asks, as if it's a completely normal question.

Bean Bandit

Kaoru shoots Yahiko an irritated look, but the boy simply shrugs.

She sighs a little as they head back out onto the street. "Picture pretty much any generic Italian thugs in suits, with the leader in a white one, and a skinny, greasy mustache, and a number thirteen tattooed on his neck." She relates, grimacing and shrinking into the coat.

Yahiko gives Kaoru and odd look as she mentions 'Italian' but says nothing.
---

Carthrat

In other words, completely obvious. "How many?"

Bean Bandit

"Hard to tell." Kaoru replies. "Only five actually came at us before the 'Police' arrived, but the look of the place could mean any of them were just watching the show."
---

Carthrat

"Uh-huh. Keep an eye out." murmurs Vicious, starting back to the hotel.

And I thought the only things I'd need to deal with were Gren and Spike.

Bean Bandit

"Yes, -sir-." Kaoru replies sourly, following Vicious a few steps back, Yahiko trotting along beside her, looking generally confused over a great many things...

OOC- Also to be continued in a new thread! Stay tuned!
---