News:

"In closing, we have the best hobby ever. The End."

Main Menu

Meia Gisborn: Not so Pink Anymore, huh?

Started by Bean Bandit, January 05, 2007, 03:22:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bean Bandit

Barnette nods, looking suitably relieved. "You're the leader." She affirms, in a not-quite answer, though she does look considerably happier than she did when the subject came up. She looks around the hanger at the ships assembled, joining Paiway, who is already quietly doing exactly that with a look of distaste.

They can hardly be blamed. Aside from the elongated fighter Spike flew in, there is not a single ship in the group that's particularly pretty. Meia's dread has that rather dubious honor, looking gleaming and sleek, aside from a few scuffs.

"But we might have some trouble finding the right thrusters...or at least, some that work. These aren't exactly Mejale's finest..."
---
I love the games I've played here.

Rezantis

"No . . . but we'll see what we can do."

With a quickly stifled grimace, Meia turns to go back to see the man in charge.
Hangin' out backstage, waiting for the show.

Bean Bandit

Barnette seems perfectly content to wait by her Dread, and the reason why is apparent as a large pistol comes out of her gun for cleaning, elicting a great deal more wariness from the appreciative audience. Paiway tags along on Meia's heels as she heads to the office.

Fortunately, the big man is right where she and Barnette left him. Although, now he actually looks productive. So maybe he's not a drooling lech after all. He looks up as Meia approaches the door, but doesn't say anything...
---

Rezantis

Meia taps on the doorframe.  Not that it's necessary, mostly out of habit.

"I've got a request . . . you know how you said you were likely the only place that wouldn't sell our dreads for scrap?"

Bean Bandit

He looks up from his desk work, eyeing Meia curiously, and nodding his giant head. "Yah, I remembers. What about it, little lady?"
---

Rezantis

Meh.

"The thrusters on one of them are pretty busted up, probably not going to be fixable.  That said, the technology's pretty advanced, so even damaged they're probably worth someting to someone . . . I was wondering if you might be able to help with that."

Bean Bandit

He fixed her with a canny look. "Sure, I might be able t'arrange something, sneak-wise." he agreed. "There's always a market for unusual parts-Question is, how much is innit fer me? Unless you just wants me to cancel the storage fee?" he asked, smiling.
---

Rezantis

"How much is in it for you depends on how much you can find for 'em," Meia returns the smile, "what -we- are going to need is an advance to cover expenses and money to cover the storage fee - Callisto wasn't a planned stop.  But they'll be worth more than that - the question is just how much of a cut you're going to want."

Bean Bandit

He considered this for a moment, giving Meia a long look. "You're a nervy chick." He said finally, with a grin. "I'll make yas a deal. I'll give you a million woolongs to play around with. But I wanna poke around in yours. I won't take anything out, but I want to see inside. If'n you let me do that, I'll do what you ask, and replace the thrusters for free. We'll talk cut when you come t' pick them up. Fair?"
---

Rezantis

"I can agree with that - and I appreciate you asking instead of just poking while my back's turned.  Certain," she flicks her eyes towards Paiway, "other people need to learn that."

Bean Bandit

Paiway wilted visibly with the look, dropping her head and blushing. Strangely, the big man's manner softened noticably as his eyes fell to her, and he just nodded, reaching under his desk, retrieving a small brick of bills and tossing it to Meia.

"There's Two Hundred fifty in there." He offered, fumbling around as he stat up, checking the papers on his desk, and finally coming up with a small book, and beginning to scribble furiously in it, and with a flourish, he tore the check off and held it out. "Here's the rest, anyhows. Ya might have a little trouble trying to cash it if yer not from around here, but if you go't the bank it's drawn off of, a friend of mine'll take care o' yas. Everything shiny?"
---

Rezantis

"Peachy-keen.  Thank you very much," Meia responds, taking the check, "believe me, we appreciate the help.  One last thing - can you recommend somewhere we should look for accomodation?  I'd rather go with your suggestion than go by random luck."

Bean Bandit

He nodded seriously, folding his arms. "With'n a little one around, you'll probably want to stay out of the downtown-I would have advised two ladies like yourselves that anyway, but it's even more important with a little girl in cahoots, y'dig?" He rumbled. "Not many ladytypes are around on Callisto...and I've heard tell where there's none a'tall for a spell. Stick to the fancier parts o'town for as long as y'can afford it, an' you'll stay safer in this city."

He frowned thoughtfully. "As far as savin' money while you're stayin' safe, try the Panhandle Bar and Grill. Big Mike runs a quiet, friendly little place, and he could probably point you to a place to stay that won't drain the money I gave ya quickwise."
---

Rezantis

"Alright then.  Thanks again for the help," Meia thanks the man smiles gratefully, moving to head back to the dreads.

Bean Bandit

He watches Meia go, and Paiway pauses, waving at him before darting after Meia, and he waves back with a sheepish grin.

Waiting back by the Dreads is Barnette, looking infinitely more comfortable, and covered by the rubber vacsuit, and polishing a rather compact looking pistol...a Beretta, it looks like. She looks up as Meia approaches, her eyes falling to the cash in one hand. "It went well?"
---