News:

"It occured to me while drunk, so it must have been genius."

Main Menu

Meia Gisborn: Not so Pink Anymore, huh?

Started by Bean Bandit, January 05, 2007, 03:22:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rezantis

"Decently," Meia nods, "He's going to replace your thrusters . . . won't be as good, but we should be able to get it off the ground."
Hangin' out backstage, waiting for the show.

Bean Bandit

"Well, Parfait should be able to fix that when we get back." Barnette replies, nodding agreeably, slipping the safety on the Beretta and slipping it on her belt, which had been relocated to the outside of the vacsuit. "So...you seem to know what's going on, so...what do we do now, Leader?"
---
I love the games I've played here.

Rezantis

Meia frowns, her expression turning darker.

"I got a lead on somewhere to stay, but . . . I hate to disappoint you, but I'm out of ideas.  I have no idea how we got here or what to do about it."

Not that I had a clue what was going on or what to do on the Nirvana, either.

Bean Bandit

Barnette's face falls slightly, but she just clenches her jaw and nods stoutly. Paiway is not quite so stoic, but she manages to surpress any showy displays of emotion, just pressing close to Meia and shivering.

Barnette swallows, and gives Meia a lazy salute. "Well...even so, You know what you're doing. I'll follow your lead for now anyway."
---

Rezantis

Well, hey, time to not-quite bullshit.

"Well.  I don't think that was just something random . . . that thing seemed to be chasing my dread.  Which means that either it's something strange back there, maybe a kind of weapon - and the Nirvana can work that out - or . . . someone, maybe something pulled us here for a reason," it sure wasn't a coincidence, "and if that's right, then . . . I'm sure we'll be finding out sometime."

Bean Bandit

Barnette frowned, but she nodded in response. "So we just have to wait." She nodded. "Well, this is better than being stuck on a deserted planet, at least."
---

Rezantis

"We're stuck here until we can get your engines replaced anyway, so we may as well go and find somewhere to say.  Need anything else from here, or're you good to go?"

Bean Bandit

The green...nette woman smiled broadly and patted the bag of provisions she'd liberated from her Dread. "Guns, First Aid kit, and a few tools." She replied. "I'm good to go."

Paiway gave Barnette a dubious look, eyeing the bag warily. "How come you get mad at me for stowing away and she's allowed to keep those on her ship?" She inquired sulkily.
---

Rezantis

Meia just rolls her eyes in response to Paiway's comment, then addresses the girl on a different topic.

"You need to be really careful here, alright?  Stay very close to us, because if you wander off we might not be able to find you.  I mean it - stay right with one of us, all the time."

Bean Bandit

Paiway blinked and stiffened, nodding sharply, and blanching a little at the emphasis Meia places on certain words, her eyes sliding over to Barnette, who nods solemnly in agreement.

The little nurse tries not to sigh, and bows. "I promise, Meia."
---

Rezantis

"Alright then," Meia hands the cash and the check to Barnette, "Can you put this in your bag?  I'd rather not have it where everyone can see it - and then let's get out of here."

So saying, Meia heads towards the door and outside, with intent of . . . finding some kind of transport.

I wonder if this place is actually civilized enough to have taxis.

Bean Bandit

Barnette nods agreeably, and takes the money, stowing them away with her guns, and the three women are now prepared to face the world! Or moon. Yes, moon, that was it.

Thankfully, the chill from the wintry air wasn't oppressive, just cold. Otherwise, Barnette and Meia's faces and Paiway's legs would be forfeit. As it was, travelling was okay for now, but long term exposure to the weather was undesirable.

The location was also somewhat undesirable. The hangar was obviously located in an industrial area...and there were not many vehicles around, much less taxis. But there was a ray of hope, as Meia could see an end, or border to the industrial area, and a few shops in the distance. If one of them had a phone, a taxi was most likely obtainable...
---

Rezantis

Supressing a grumble, Meia dragged the group off towards the shops!

Bean Bandit

Hoho! Good fortune smiles! The trio from the Nirvana reach the shops in relatively short order, and just in time, too. Paiway is not at all happy about the temperature, and looks ready to vocalize, and Barnette is rubbing her rosy cheeks briskly.

Even Meia's face and form are slightly chilled. But that's as may be. These shops are extremely dingy, but the signs proclaim them full of clothes and survival equipement...
---

Rezantis

Convenient.

Meia tries to get a rough idea of clothing prices by looking in the windows, then picks whever seems reasonable and not a complete dive.

And if she can't really tell, just whatever doesn't seem like a dump!