News:

"Why do you call it soulriders?"
"Because we grind your souls, hopes, and dreams down ... and ride the wave."

Main Menu

Vicious-Carthrat Tanewaki, Badass in training?

Started by Bean Bandit, January 05, 2007, 01:05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carthrat

"Well, I wish I could say logical deduction," replies Vicious. "Then I could say... you're Asian in a predominantly caucasian city. You're not an adult, in a city that is lacking children. You're wearing dated clothing that you'd be hard-pressed to find outside a novelty shop. You're carrying a wooden sword instead of a lead pipe. You're clearly absolutely freezing- here-"

Vicious takes off his outer coat, and offers it to Yakiho.

"But, ah, well, I actually know because I'm not from around here either, in a technical sense. So, I'm really as confused as anyone. But I wound up in a better position to try and make sense of it all."
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Bean Bandit

Normally, pride prevents Yahiko from accepting much in the way of charity, but pride doesn't count for a lot when you can't feel fingers or toes. He accepts the jacket wonderingly. "So...You fell off a boat, too?"
---
I love the games I've played here.

Carthrat

"Yeah, well, no. I woke up one day and I was here," replies Vicious, starting to walk off. "Let's not dwell on the details. First, though, let's introduce ourselves. My name's Vicious. Introduction done.

"Second, let's get you some proper clothes. And some shoes."

Bean Bandit

"..." Yahiko was surprisingly contrite-though being a ten year old in samurai gear in biting cold probably had a fair bit to do with the muting of the attitude, and he wrapped Vicious' coat around himself tightly. "Look...Vicious-san." He said, slowly. "Believe me-It's not that I'm not freezing, but if you're gonna do me a favor, help me get Kaoru out of jail." He mumbled the last part, looking down at the array of stolen wallets on the ground in front of himself.

"I was going to do it myself, but this is taking forever. No one has much money, either. And I really wanted to give pickpocketing up. It's not that I like her or anything, but she is my teacher...and the policeman was looking at her funny."
---

Carthrat

"Uh-huh? You both fell off the boat?" queries Vicious, raising an eyebrow. "Well, I'll get an explanation later. But you know, I don't think I need much convincing.

"So, what did you do? Or not do? And how much are they asking?"

As well as that, Vicious thinks of anything he was told or discovered about the Callisto police previously.

Bean Bandit

Not much at all surfaces in general about the police on Callisto. It's primarily known for it's corruption, so it's fairly safe to assume they won't be scooping Vicious up on any outstanding warrants. However, that DOES raise an interesting question. How on earth do a pair of time lost nobodies get the attention of a police force that's made a habit of looking the other way?

Fortunately, Yahiko is extremely forthcoming, if a little cautious with the strange man who looks terribly mean, but acts friendly. "Well, there were sharks, and a guy with grey skin...it's complicated. We dove in the water to fish this little girl out, and the next thing we know, we're soaking wet in a snowbank. I bugged Busu to get moving before we froze to death, and we ducked in the nearest place we found. It turns out to be a really sleazy looking place..." Yahiko frowns. "Sano probably would'a liked it. They all were watching us real close...probably because Kaoru was the only girl in the place. This jerk in a white suit hits on her, and she's kinda high strung at the best of times, and she brains him, and bodyguards start in...It turned into a fight, and we were holding our own, but when the Sheriff showed, He arrested -Kaoru- instead of the sleazeball!  What kind of justice is THAT?"
---

Carthrat

"You're in the wrong city if you're looking for justice," replies Vicious, darkly. "The police here aren't on the side of law, but the side of coin.

"Fortunately, that should make things easy. And you haven't told me your name yet."

While keeping up appearances, Vicious thinks about his own monetary situation. It's true that he's staying in an expensive hotel, but is that out his own funds, a 'company' (hah!) sponsored account, or something he has no control over?

Bean Bandit

Yahiko blinks, then thumps his chest briskly. "Myojin Yahiko. I'm the son of Tokyo Samurai, and the heir to the Kamiya Kasshin Kenjutsu Ryu." he proclaimed grandly. Well, a warm coat seems to have done wonders for his attitude, at least. Is this a good or a bad thing?

"Easy?" He asks after a moment, blinking at Vicious. "How's that easy? I've been pickpocketing for a day and a half..." He made a disgusted face. "These Woolongs are hard to come by..."

Vicious's monetary situation is comfortable. The Hotel was a 'company sponsored' thing, but he seems to recall rather broad discretionary powers over company accounts...though Lin had mentioned anything over one hundred million had to be justified to the old men.
---

Carthrat

"People don't carry much money around with them," explains Vicious. "So it's natural you wouldn't find much pickpocketing. It's handled by.. um, I'll explain later, it'll take a while.

"Anyway, I can afford it, probably. How much?"

Bean Bandit

"Oh." Yahiko blinked at Vicious. "I don't know. I wasn't around to hear, remember?" He started out sounding sarcastic, but halfway through, his tone shifted to contrite. "Sorry, I just don't like this place much."
---

Carthrat

"Uh-huh. Well, then. FIRST I'll get some clothes for you AND her. She'll need 'em, too.

"Then I'll saunter over to the station, and see what needs doing. For what it's worth, this place is a craphole, and it only gets better from here."

So saying, Vicious starts going about doing that, favouring large coats that obscure features (and gender) for the two of them. Once he completes his shopping expedition, he heads to where he recalls the police station is.

Bean Bandit

What a peculiar experience. Shopping with, and for a ten year old boy is a rather...domestic experience, entirely at odds with Vicious' current employment, but After some fussing in the shop, Yahiko is outfitted far less conspiciously. Save for the Shinai he refuses to give up.

It's rather simple to position the boy appropriately, leaving him in an alley after schooling him briefly on an appropriate pose.

Taking the bag and the second set of clothes with him, Vicious heads into the police station.

Nothing impedes his way, and on entering, he finds a nominally maintenanced, reasonably clean station-quiet, but running smoothly. an older man with a greying buzz cut, and a general shape suggestive of a potatoe sitting at the desk wearing a uniform declaring his rank as Sargeant.
---

Carthrat

"Sergeant," begins Vicious, stepping inside.

"It's my understanding that a woman was arrested for.. public disturbance, recently. How long will the term of her stay be?"

Bean Bandit

The old man looks up at Vicious. And it is worth noting that this is not a pleasant experience for either side. This man is UGLY. Beady, flinty little eyes, deep-set into a fleshy, florid face, which twists almost immediately into a rictus of fear-probably recognition, but with a face that fat, who can tell?

"Ah...Uhm...We've been...um, 'contracted' to hold her and soften her up a bit until Mister Delicious comes for her." He reports, cringing back a little into his seat. The name tag on his uniform reads 'Salvador'.
---

Carthrat

"Interesting. What are your usual terms for contracting?" responds Vicious, looking supremely uninterested.