News:

"I sense a soul in search of answers.  I shalt eat him."

Main Menu

Vicious-Carthrat Tanewaki, Badass in training?

Started by Bean Bandit, January 05, 2007, 01:05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carthrat

"Ah, so this is the 'cryptic message of useless'. A staple of the genre," replies Vicious, sarcastically. "Why should I?"
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Bean Bandit

"There's no rule stating that you must." She admits. "Suffice it to say that I want you to, and this has to be set up in a very precise way so that you don't apply ingenuity in incovienient waysbefore I'm ready to turn you completely loose."

That hangs in the air for a moment, and she frowns. "Also, if the promise of going home isn't enough to motivate you, I'm prepared to be threatening, but I'd rather not."
---
I love the games I've played here.

Carthrat

"Aha! I'm to be your willing pawn!" replies Vicious, blandly. "Going home is overrated. I've already been thinking about how to ditch this whole Vicious thing and make some other way in society.

"What I'm trying to say, basically, is fuck that. Tell me what the hell you're trying to do. Or, you know, I'll just not go to spite you. Gonna kill me?"

Bean Bandit

On cue, the world rumbled, and Vicious was thrown flat on his back, slamming against the carpet as the building shook as though being kicked by an excessively large, and petulant child.

Crashes and yells could be heard from downstairs, and the world rocked for almost a full minute, the chandelier on the hotel's ceiling shaking loose and crashing to the floor less than a foot from Vicious' head, scraping his cheek with glass fragments.

Finally, the shaking stopped, and the reciever spoke from near his ear. "Yes." She replied, blandly. "Admittedly, I can't enter your worlds directly, but I -can- influence time and causality within them. Unfortunately, the effects are rather ham-handed, and lacking in subtlety-which brings me to you. Shall I bring the hotel down on your head, and try a less arrogant agent?"
---

Carthrat

"Like I was SAYING... go fuck yourself," replies Vicious, pulling himself to his feet.

"I did a lot of soul-searching over the past couple of days, locked in the safety of my own bedroom, and realised that I'm gonna die sooner or later. You do realise how bad you are at coercion, right? God- and I'm using god as a term of address- it must be a REALLY BAD THING you're not telling me, seeing as you'd prefer to threaten me with death- and not tell me. It'd be more effective if you threatened me with death, and told me.

"In the name of truth, justice, and manliness, I refuse to do as you ask without an explanation beyond 'lolz I'm god, DO IT'."

Bean Bandit

"Hmm. Flattering as your assumption is, I'm not god. Not even close." She replies, blandly. "I've made a few, though. At any rate, despite what you seem to think, you're not important enough for me to cave to your demands-but I can't deny the truth in your petulance either, so I'll be as clear as I can."

"I do not have the patience to brief all three of you seperately. I have arranged for you all to be in the same area, and of the three, you are currently in the most comfortable position, financially, and...socially." She makes an irritated grunt of dissatisfaction. "One is currently in jail, and the meet I've arranged behind Gren's club will lead you to him...her." She amends. "This one was my fault entirely. As I said, I have trouble introuducing subtle changes to the worlds you're in, so her entry was...clumsy, and she got in trouble through no fault of her own. I've set in motion a third series of events to lead you to the other, and the hangers on. Once you have all of them in one place, I will give you all the details you want."

There was a long pause. Vicious could hear hurried voices and footsteps rushing about beneath him before she spoke again, a light tone, without a hint of malice, conversational and pleasant. "I'm willing to be as reasonable as I can beyond this, but there are two things to consider. I'm bound by some rules myself. You can ask, but there is a distinct possibility that either I cannot deliver, or you cannot pay the necessary price. And secondly, I'm pressed for time. Please regard my time as valuable as you would your own."
---

Carthrat

"Christ, you're bad at this," mutters Vicious, away from the phone, before re-applying it to his face. "So, before I make a decision, let me be absolutely clear; you're not telling me anything because you are lazy.

"That's so retarded I believe it. Sure, I'll come along to hear the exposition, then. It better be good, I mean, after you give me the exposition, there's no turning back! If you killed me after that, it'd be too much work to transplant more souls AND explain things!"

While he's talking, Vicious looks at... his watch.

Bean Bandit

Well, she's not kidding about the time, at least. According to Vicious' watch, a functional, smallish athletic model, it's roughly ten minutes after ten oclock.

"I heard that, you know." She replies, deadpan. "If it helps to think of me as lazy, by all means. And yes, I'm not precisely a people person. It's almost ten thirty, and this goddamn hangover won't go away."

"But ultimately, I'd prefer not to kill anyone. There's a karmic price for that, and I'm not too eager to pay it-but on the other hand, it's a rather small price compared to the rather corrosive effect on the multiverse you're in that my...belongings are having, and there's a limit to what I can bring myself to put up with." There's a certain testiness in her tone, now. "I'm not asking you to be in awe, or reverence. Just consider it a business arrangement, and we'll discuss payment when the others are in your presence. Can you do that, or do you have more pompous arguments to put forth?"
---

Carthrat

"You don't want to kill anyone and I'm breaking the world by being here? Why didn't you say so in the first place? Geez. I never got that about any authority figure I ever had. It's always 'Do this! Because I said so-' oh wait that's exactly what you did, my mistake.

"There are all sorts of things wrong with this. I'd make a much better omnipotent figure than you, but I guess I'd better go before you say more threatening things, or shake your hips or stop time or whatever."

While he's talking, Vicious tries to remember if he knows where Gren's cafe is!

If he does, he hangs up, grabs his stuff, whatever it might be, and begins leaving the room!

If he doesn't, he says, "But you do realise I can't actually go there 'cos I don't know where it is? It'd be real sad if all your plans were ruined 'cos I got lost, you know? Also, I'm breaking up! TCHHCHHCHCHHCH! Your THCH quake bro- THCHTH something, THCTCHTell me fast!"

Bean Bandit

"I told you, I'm not God-Oh, forget it." She sighs. "And unless you're declaring yourself my belongings, It's not you that's 'breaking the world' as you so inaccurately put it. Maybe I should drop the hotel on your just for the satisfaction it'd give me." She mutters wanly. "Anyway, nevermind. Just so long as you're on your way, so I can go make a pot of coffee." She sighs, and rather abruptly hangs up.

(Hmm. Contact me whenever we're both awake, and roll a mind check in #mk to see if you remember where the club is)
---

Carthrat

"Do you not hear a word I say?" mutters Vicious, placing the phone back on the hook himself. "Possession, right, that's why I'm being carted around like a crate, and she's making coffee. Stupid bitch... fuck, now I can't get coffee because of that stupid quake!"

Justifiably frustrated by the entire chain of events thus far, Vicious starts storming out the room.

OOC: Sure, whenever...

Bean Bandit

OOC: roll 2d8
[21:08] * Hatbot --> "Makoto rolls 2d8 and gets 7." [2d8=3, 4]
-1 Pass

[20:54] * Hatbot --> "Makoto rolls 2d6 and gets 5."[2d6=4, 1]
-3 pass.

Fortunately, both rolls passed. But I did give you the instructions for a d8 post-human game, didn't I? Or was it d6? (This memory gap is not promising...)

IC:

And the day begins! Okay, so it technically began a little while ago, but our intrepid hero...er, gangster leaves his room in something of a foul mood. upon entry to the hallway, there appears to be no blatant damage to the structure itself, though lamps and tables and chairs and other furnishings have been overturned, and the opulence of the hotel is in chaos as people rush around to try and fix things, most struggling to keep out of Vicious' way as they do.

There's even an injury or two, though no one looks seriously hurt. Vicious' mind is understandably elsewhere, though. He's had occasion to peruse the city, and a vague memory of where the club is surfaces in his mind-it's about five minutes away by vehicle, and perhaps a ten minute walk at a brisk pace.
---

Carthrat

OOC: Hmm? Well, I know that I need to roll two dice and get under something, that's the whole system, right? I figure I'll look up other things as they come into play. Common sense, may it win the day!

IC: Grumpily stalking outside, Vicious starts making his way to the buildings clumped around the cafe Gren plays at. It's probably best that he goes alone, and he just stays away from the actual street Gren is on, trying to locate somewhere that looks to have a suitable vantage point of the area from the surrounding blocks.

Bean Bandit

Vicious walks the streets, braving the biting cold. It's awfully pretty here, in a snowbound gothic sort of way.

Depressing, though. Gloom is the order of the day, atmoshpere grey and opressive, choking passersby like a fist. The snow crunches underfoot as you walk, breath misting merrily...the scenery is available to look at, not that you'd want to. Despite being pretty, it's really all rather bland...until the ordinary construction gives way to the more ramshackle hodgepodge of buildings that make up the downtown area, and the day seems to turn darker and more angry as Vicious approaches the club, and it comes into view suddenly, almost as though popping out at Vicious.
---

Carthrat

Blowing a frosty breath, Vicious leans against the side of one of the nearby tenements. Black and white himself, he doesn't stand out too much... apart from his immaculate dress.

Rather than advance closely towards the cafe, he lurks near the end of the street, as world-weary as any of the other inhabitants around here, taking note of all the nearby alleys and entrances, in case a quick exit is called for.