News:

No longer content with mere attendance, the middle-class suburban poseurs have begun to put their hands in the air and wave them like they just don't care

Main Menu

Worlds Finest: A guy, two girls, and their sidekicks!

Started by Bean Bandit, February 05, 2007, 01:12:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bean Bandit

The long trek home.

Or in this case, to the hotel. Vicious had Kaoru and Yahiko in tow, and the whole situation was very strange, and not precisely comfortable. Kaoru was muttering about sore ankles, and arguing with Yahiko behind his back, sometimes sounding like exactly who she looked like, and sometimes sounding as displaced as he was.

The snow crunched gaily under their feet-they were approaching the hotel again, and Vicious could see it around the corner-When a taxicab pulled up just ahead of them, next to the restaurant that sat on the adjacent corner to Vicious' hotel.

Three figures emerged-the first had hair the color of leaves-a dark, forest green, cut in a short bob, with a flowered hairband. The second was a child-around Yahiko's height, but clearly a girl-purple hair and pigtails, and a little nurses' cap. The third delayed a bit, but when she did, the sky blue hair and jeweled eyeclip visible as she emerged from the cab marked them all and confirmed them, even to the unpracticed eye of Vicious, seeing them as real, human women for the first time.

There was a sudden tension on Vicious' coat sleeve-Kaoru had grabbed it, and was pulling him to a stop, her eyes fixed on the three women emerging from the cab. "Is that...I mean...do you see...What the hell is going on?" She asked, hoarsely.

----

The Cab ride was LONG. The Promised bar and grill was evidently across the city, but the cab driver was patient-a good thing, since Barnette and Paiway BOTH showed an annoying tendency to inquire if they were there yet.

They arrived safe and sound...if her companions could actually be called 'sound' and Meia was left to pay the driver as they scrambled out of the cab.

Two hundred and four woolongs later, Meia was also once again exposed to the chill air with her companions in front of a Restaurant declaring itself the 'Panhandle Bar and Grill'. Before the suggestion could be floated to go inside, though, an exlaimation drew Meia's attention. Three people were standing just down the street.

There was an angry looking man in the lead, with white hair and a furious expression that seemed to burn holes in whatever he looked at, and he was followed by a teenage girl with long black hair tied back in a ribbon who was staring at them with a shocked expression, and a darkskinned little boy, who's attention seemed to be mostly on Paiway...
---
I love the games I've played here.

Carthrat

"I see it," replies Vicious, curtly, shortly approaching the group of women, hands in pockets. "Though it's not that unexpected to me..."

Not waiting for a response from Kaoru, he continues to strut towards the unlikely trio.

"You're looking rather lost," he opens with.
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Rezantis

Oh shit.

"I'd say we're outside the Panhandle Bar and Grill, which is . . . exactly where we asked the taxi driver to put us."

Meia removes her hands from her coat pockets.

"Did you want something?"

I wish I knew how this bloody ring -worked- . . .
Hangin' out backstage, waiting for the show.

Carthrat

"I'm keeping an eye out for strangers," replies Vicious, tartly. "It's my job. I already picked up one pair-" he gestures at Kaoru and Yakiho.

"Nice jewlery, by the by."

Rezantis

Meia ignores the jewelery quip.

"I don't feel like playing word games . . . what do you want?"

Carthrat

"To find out what the fuck is going on," replies Vicious, flatly. "And I will, come tonight. You want in?"

Rezantis

Meia looks at the two people behind Vicious, eyes widening as she recognizes them.

"Don't suppose you'd like to tell me what you know -now-, or how you're intending on finding out?"

Carthrat

"I got a phone call," he replies, expression one of utmost moodiness. "Gave me instructions on how to hook up with others.

"Didn't have much to go on, though. Best I can tell you is that we've been brought here to do something." He looks oddly disturbed, glancing briefly at the ground before returning to Meia's face. "Tonight, I'm supposed to call back. Like I said, you want in?"

Rezantis

"You're seriously making me wonder."

OOC: Pause to let Bean say stuff if Bean chooses?

Carthrat

Vicious glances briefly behind Meia, at the other two girls there.

"Mmm? She said she can get people back home," he murmurs, sounding disinterested in the idea.

"If they want."

Bean Bandit

The respective peanut galleries are silent at the moment, watching and waiting-

Barnette, Paiway and Yahiko are watching in curiousity- though the girls seem rather instantly nervous around Vicious, and keep their distance. Kaoru is staring at the discussion with a distantly incredulous expression.

Fortunately, the street is rather empty, all the sane people having relocated to indoors, and the poor people under cover in the bitter cold, the only noise at the moment being the sound of the taxi driving off.

OOC: - Body Check
Meia: --[10:36] <Reikobot> 1,0Signum rolled :1,0 2d6 --> 1,0[ 2d6=5 ]12,0{5}

Translation for that Mess-5

Vicious -- [10:38] <Reikobot> 1,0Signum rolled :1,0 2d6 --> 1,0[ 2d6=10 ]12,0{10}

Translation --10.

Post your revised sheets so that I can tell whether you passed or failed, then we'll move on. >.>;
---

Bean Bandit

The silence is oppressive, but not quite overpowering. Vicious misses it, but Kaoru, Meia and Paiway can hear the distinct sound of footsteps crunching in snow coming from a nearby alley-many footsteps.
---

Rezantis

Meia turns to look at where the noise is coming from, mostly out of curiousity.

Bean Bandit

OOC- Yes, I -will- get back into a habit. Dammit.

IC- Meia catches a quick glimpse of bodies down a nearby alley. Upright bodies. A small group, to be certain, and nothing of especial note-except for the distinct impression that one of their number is carrying a baseball bat.

Kaoru is looking in nearly the other direction, then with Meia, Eyes skimming the area. "Do...you guys hear something?" She ventures slowly.

[20:38] * Hatbot --> "Makoto rolls 2d6 and gets 5."12 [2d6=4, 1]]

The moment Kaoru speaks, Vicious can hear the footsteps too-they're surprisingly soft for a group of four or more, but the sound of one misstep-a foot connecting with something hard and metal-perhaps a discarded can-gives their position away to the Triad hatchet man.

Barnette's eyes are narrowed as she looks around, grabbing Paiway protectively, and Yahiko, though confused, pulls the Shiniai from it's position slung over his back...
---

Carthrat

"Take the girl indoors," insists Vicious to Barnette, glancing over to the bar's entrance.

I wonder.. As well as the obvious alley, Vicious takes note of other such roads nearby, and puts himself between Kaoru and where he's hearing the noises from.