News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

Between Sessions

Started by VySaika, February 11, 2009, 01:57:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taishyr

Mike would take advantage of his new access to the Rabbit Hole to skim over the other recorded events, as much as he can, just to see what sort of other things (TM) have happened!

He'll also post a brief analysis of his own situation as it stands.

I'm... being vague here; there's actually some specific things he'd keep an eye out for but I figure I'll address those when I don't feel so out of it. So uh consider this placeholder until I can think straight 'nuff to resolve those?

Sierra

After brushing aside Neimi's barrage of searching questions, Hikari is going to spend some time at her computer and with the day's newspapers to search for any mention of the names and incidents in her dream.

VySaika

A local businessman, Kohai Kuwara, was apparently murdered in his bedroom last night. Sources say that the killer, a swordsman of all things, was killed in the fight as well, but his name has not yet been released by the police.
All About Monks
<Marisa> They're OP as fuck
<Marisa> They definitely don't blow in 3.5
<Marisa> after a certain level they basically just attack repeatedly until it dies
<Marisa> they're immune to a bunch of high level effects
<Marisa> just by being monks

Taishyr

To Vandal the Beholder,

We seek a way to find someone who has become lost in the Dream. We know not where they have gone, or what may have happened to her. Her name is Noa Tachakara. We humbly request your aid in whatever regard it can be granted.

-Mykasi (& Hikari and Suiren)

VySaika

SO I had a post completely worked up and then accidentally clicked something on my favorites bar which changed the page and I lost the entire fucking post. I'm kinda too pissed to redo it right now, but I'll try to tomorrow. SOrry about the delay.
All About Monks
<Marisa> after a certain level they basically just attack repeatedly until it dies

VySaika

Intermission stuffs! There's some for the group and for individuals, so I'm breaking it down into sections

--------------------------------

ALL CHARCTERS

Finals happen! Just breaking this down to some rolls, what you need to roll will be in your section. Just throw it in #personador at any point, I don't need to be actively around when you do. Just post in here with what you get, being tests and whatnot there are degrees of success and missing the stat+skill mod doesn't nessesarily mean failure.

At some point, someone checks up on Master Frost's place and discovers that Raiho has an update for you! Hee doesn't quite ho what's using the heat as energy, nor what they're using it for, but he thinks he's narrowed it down to some kind of magic but not demonic in origin at all. His next guess was that it's a particularly powerful Shadow, but signs are pointing to unlikely on that as well so he's confused on what it could be. He'll keep investigating though, Raiho does not give up!

Also, by the end of Finals Week, someone checks in on Okuninushi. He's passed your questions on to some of his more informationally inclined peers and is waiting for them to get back to him.

Taking a day off of studies for Dream exploration hijinx: sounds like a good subject for the next session. Any objections to this idea?

Finally, PP expenditures. Downtime is a great time to spend things to beef up, lemme know what you're interested in picking up.

----------------------------

HIKARI

Finals Rolls: 1 Cultural Arts roll, 1 Domestic Arts roll, 2 Writing rolls

Is Hikari continuing to take lessons with Antara from time to time? If so, she is encouraged to continue improving her singing skills(and lessons with Antara is >>>> practicing with anyone else), and could begin to learn some very basic songmagic. Also note that all songmagic abilities are going to be Soul based.

Issa Okuro says that her brothers are doing much better. They've stopped fighting, thankfully, but are still rather distant from eachother...and everyone else, really. But at least they're not fighting anymore.

On the day before the last day of school....your sister arrives. She seems about as pleased with the idea as you are. (Are you wanting to RP out her arrival sometime?)

MYKASI

Finals Rolls: 1 Computers roll, 1 Mechanics roll, 1 Electronics roll, 1 Foeriegn Culture roll

At one point, while Mike is out jogging(and wondering what possessed him to do so in this weather), he sees a stray dog chewing on a piece of paper. It looks...like a letter actually. And his name is on it. The dog sees Mike, drops the paper, and wanders off. When he opens it, it reads: "The girl lives, safe for now. Where cannot be explained nor reached. She will not stay there forever. For this service: feed six stray dogs for three days." Yes, this happened in the normal world, not the Dream.

Mike gets an email from Sandy! She's passing on that she heard your father looking into ticket prices to Japan sometime in Jan or Feb. He, uh, caught her evesdropping and made her promise to keep it to herself, but she knows how much you adore surprises so she figured she'd tell you anyway. Just don't tell him she told you, please? And she maaaaaay be looking into saving up enough to come visit at the same time if she can talk your dad into going along with the idea. Unless Amy gives her a more compelling reason to visit France over Japan.

NAGARE

Finals Rolls(hey, you still have to make and grade the damn things): 2 Law rolls, 1 Writing roll, 1 Social Sciences roll

Word around the faculty is that the Dean's wife has been hospitalized(not at Kana Family, it's a physical illness not a mental one) and he's been absent quite a bit to be with her. The senior staff members are doing what they can to take care of things at the school for him to give him the time.

I can't think of anything else to cover at the moment. Please let me know if I'm missing something.
All About Monks

Sierra

Quote from: Gatewalker on March 02, 2011, 01:41:29 PMTaking a day off of studies for Dream exploration hijinx: sounds like a good subject for the next session. Any objections to this idea?

Splendiferous.

Quote from: Gatewalker on March 02, 2011, 01:41:29 PMFinally, PP expenditures. Downtime is a great time to spend things to beef up, lemme know what you're interested in picking up.

I just bought some stuff, I'm okay for a while unless I need to spend some on songmagic.

Quote from: Gatewalker on March 02, 2011, 01:41:29 PMFinals Rolls: 1 Cultural Arts roll, 1 Domestic Arts roll, 2 Writing rolls

QUESTION. Can I I cheat (I.E., use rerolls) on my tests.

Quote from: Gatewalker on March 02, 2011, 01:41:29 PMIs Hikari continuing to take lessons with Antara from time to time? If so, she is encouraged to continue improving her singing skills(and lessons with Antara is >>>> practicing with anyone else), and could begin to learn some very basic songmagic. Also note that all songmagic abilities are going to be Soul based.

Yes. And I did just boost soul and the performing arts skill. Does that get me in the door, so to speak? If not, I'll hold off on a while. It would seem weird to go up two skill ranks in like a week in-game.

Quote from: Gatewalker on March 02, 2011, 01:41:29 PMOn the day before the last day of school....your sister arrives. She seems about as pleased with the idea as you are. (Are you wanting to RP out her arrival sometime?)

It would seem appropriate.

Taishyr

Quote from: Gatewalker on March 02, 2011, 01:41:29 PM
Intermission stuffs! There's some for the group and for individuals, so I'm breaking it down into sections

--------------------------------

ALL CHARCTERS

Finals happen! Just breaking this down to some rolls, what you need to roll will+ be in your section. Just throw it in #personador at any point, I don't need to be actively around when you do. Just post in here with what you get, being tests and whatnot there are degrees of success and missing the stat+skill mod doesn't nessesarily mean failure.

At some point, someone checks up on Master Frost's place and discovers that Raiho has an update for you! Hee doesn't quite ho what's using the heat as energy, nor what they're using it for, but he thinks he's narrowed it down to some kind of magic but not demonic in origin at all. His next guess was that it's a particularly powerful Shadow, but signs are pointing to unlikely on that as well so he's confused on what it could be. He'll keep investigating though, Raiho does not give up!

Also, by the end of Finals Week, someone checks in on Okuninushi. He's passed your questions on to some of his more informationally inclined peers and is waiting for them to get back to him.

Mike would like to ask Raiho to check into human or Persona-user influences, as that seems the next logical step.

Taking a day off of studies for Dream exploration hijinx: sounds like a good subject for the next session. Any objections to this idea?

Sounds good!

Finally, PP expenditures. Downtime is a great time to spend things to beef up, lemme know what you're interested in picking up.

Alternate Fire (Bright Trap) (2 Ranks) (No Damage, tangle rank 1) | Linked: Projection (Light only, area 2) - 5 CP
Base Mind +1: 2 CP
7 CP spent.

MYKASI

Finals Rolls: 1 Computers roll, 1 Mechanics roll, 1 Electronics roll, 1 Foeriegn Culture roll
[16:23] > Finals Rolls: 1 Computers roll, 1 Mechanics roll, 1 Electronics roll, 1 Foeriegn Culture roll
[16:24] > roll 2d8 Computers!
[16:24] * Hatbot --> "Mykasi rolls 2d8 Computers! and gets 12." [2d8=5, 7]
[16:24] > kch.
[16:24] > roll 2d8 Mechanics!
[16:24] * Hatbot --> "Mykasi rolls 2d8 Mechanics! and gets 8." [2d8=7, 1]
[16:24] > roll 2d8 Electronics!
[16:24] * Hatbot --> "Mykasi rolls 2d8 Electronics! and gets 14." [2d8=8, 6]
[16:24] > Ow, ow, ow. :/
[16:24] > roll 2d8 Foreign Culture (c'mon, I'm chummin' with Okuninushi, I should do okay here)
[16:24] * Hatbot --> "Mykasi rolls 2d8 Foreign Culture (c'mon, I'm chummin' with Okuninushi, I should do okay here) and gets 12." [2d8=5, 7]

In conclusion: fuck you Hatbot, fuck you saving the world. <_<

At one point, while Mike is out jogging(and wondering what possessed him to do so in this weather), he sees a stray dog chewing on a piece of paper. It looks...like a letter actually. And his name is on it. The dog sees Mike, drops the paper, and wanders off. When he opens it, it reads: "The girl lives, safe for now. Where cannot be explained nor reached. She will not stay there forever. For this service: feed six stray dogs for three days." Yes, this happened in the normal world, not the Dream.

For that, Mike would feed twelve for a week! Which he proceeds to do, making him somewhat hungry during finals. At least it's relaxing?

Mike gets an email from Sandy! She's passing on that she heard your father looking into ticket prices to Japan sometime in Jan or Feb. He, uh, caught her evesdropping and made her promise to keep it to herself, but she knows how much you adore surprises so she figured she'd tell you anyway. Just don't tell him she told you, please? And she maaaaaay be looking into saving up enough to come visit at the same time if she can talk your dad into going along with the idea. Unless Amy gives her a more compelling reason to visit France over Japan.

<Mykasi> ... fml.

Mike replies with the basic message of "I'd love to see you and my Dad both, but just remember, not only is it ass-fuck-balls cold here, there's been multiple... problems... around <with links to all the articles of Stuff Being Strange>. Not trying to deter you, but consider it best to keep you abreast of what's going on. I'll probably be decently busy, even with nights, but I know some people who can help entertain/give you guides around town if needed. Also give Xav a hug for me. -Mike"

Sierra

<Hikari> Alright, let's do this thing.
<Hikari> roll 2d8 culture club
* Hatbot --> "Hikari rolls 2d8 culture club and gets 13."12 [2d8=8, 5]
<Hikari> roll 2d8 how about no
* Hatbot --> "Hikari rolls 2d8 how about no and gets 11."12 [2d8=3, 8]
<Hikari> I guess that's better.
<Gatewalker> Note!
<Hikari> This is off to a great start, I gotta say.
<Gatewalker> before you use any other rerolls
<Gatewalker> I will count these against your reroll uses for the next session
<Hikari> Noted.
<Gatewalker> to be somewhat fair
<Gatewalker> you can take that one back if you want
<Hikari> No, I might actually pass with an 11.
<Hikari> 13, ehhhh.
<Hikari> roll 2d8 I AM A DOMESTIC GODDESS
* Hatbot --> "Hikari rolls 2d8 I AM A DOMESTIC GODDESS and gets 8."12 [2d8=6, 2]
<Hikari> Good enough.
<Hikari> roll 2d8 writing the first
* Hatbot --> "Hikari rolls 2d8 writing the first and gets 3."12 [2d8=2, 1]
<Hikari> roll 2d8 more writing self-expression doesn't seem to be one of my problems
* Hatbot --> "Hikari rolls 2d8 more writing self-expression doesn't seem to be one of my problems and gets 9."12 [2d8=6, 3]
<Hikari> It'll do.

Jo'ou Ranbu

Quote from: Gatewalker on March 02, 2011, 01:41:29 PM
NAGARE

Finals Rolls(hey, you still have to make and grade the damn things): 2 Law rolls, 1 Writing roll, 1 Social Sciences roll

[12:35] * Hello-DojimathedralWaddleDee munches on Gate.
[12:36] * Hello-DojimathedralWaddleDee pokes Hatbot.
[12:37] <Hello-DojimathedralWaddleDee> Huh, Hatbot is dead.
[12:37] <Hello-DojimathedralWaddleDee> d999
[12:37] * Hatbot --> "Hello-DojimathedralWaddleDee rolls d999 and gets 784." [d999=784]
[12:37] <Hello-DojimathedralWaddleDee> Not really!
[12:37] <Hello-DojimathedralWaddleDee> Okay, let's do the rolls.
[12:38] <Hello-DojimathedralWaddleDee> First, the two law rolls. Rolling vs. 12 (8 Mind+4 Law).
[12:38] <Hello-DojimathedralWaddleDee> roll 2d8
[12:38] * Hatbot --> "Hello-DojimathedralWaddleDee rolls 2d8  and gets 13." [2d8=8, 5]
[12:38] <Hello-DojimathedralWaddleDee> roll 2d8
[12:38] * Hatbot --> "Hello-DojimathedralWaddleDee rolls 2d8 and gets 5." [2d8=4, 1]
[12:38] <Hello-DojimathedralWaddleDee> ... >_>
[12:38] <Hello-DojimathedralWaddleDee> At least the second roll went okay.
[12:39] <Hello-DojimathedralWaddleDee> Now, for the writing roll. Vs. 11 (8+3)
[12:39] <Hello-DojimathedralWaddleDee> roll 2d8 for scribbles
[12:39] * Hatbot --> "Hello-DojimathedralWaddleDee rolls 2d8 for scribbles and gets 15." [2d8=8, 7]
[12:39] <Hello-DojimathedralWaddleDee> ... oh ahahahaha wow i'm getting fired
[12:39] <Hello-DojimathedralWaddleDee> Now, for the Social Sciences roll!
[12:40] <Hello-DojimathedralWaddleDee> Which goes vs. 8. I'm going to hell.
[12:40] <Hello-DojimathedralWaddleDee> roll 2d8
[12:40] * Hatbot --> "Hello-DojimathedralWaddleDee rolls 2d8 and gets 9." [2d8=4, 5]
[12:40] <Hello-DojimathedralWaddleDee> Oh come -on-, Hatbot.

I'm so getting fired. >_>

Anyhow, for my end, there's also a talk with Oda. Since I want to start an S. Link with him, I'd like to actually RP that out. Can we do that tonight or tomorrow, Gate?

FOR CP EXPENDITURES:

EDIT: 5 CP spent. Bought another level of universal Armor (3 CP) and raised Mark of a Golden Arrow by two ranks. Abartach now can proudly detect Arcana and Persona as well.

VySaika

Logs posted. Too many at once, so I didn't format them like I ususally do. Apologies if that makes them hard to read.

Also...if you could all take a look over your sheets and make sure the things you've bought recently are on there? Once you confirm your sheets are current, I'll look trhem over and update Combat Stats thread.
All About Monks

Sierra

Looks like you already updated combat for me.