News:

"With great power comes the opportunity to abuse that power."

Main Menu

Mike's Email Thread

Started by VySaika, February 11, 2009, 02:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VySaika

A dedicated thread for keeping track of emails between the displaced Indian and his hommies back home.
All About Monks
<Marisa> They're OP as fuck
<Marisa> They definitely don't blow in 3.5
<Marisa> after a certain level they basically just attack repeatedly until it dies
<Marisa> they're immune to a bunch of high level effects
<Marisa> just by being monks

VySaika

Tuesday, October 19th

...you're not gonna believe this, guy. Turns out, yeah, it's that. Xav asked his parents why they never told him...they were piiiiiiissed that they never knew. God above, I gotta learn when to keep my mouth shut.

So yeah, his parents have gone full on "born again" Christian. Guess they thought that Xav not dieing was enough of a miracle to warrent getting a religion or something. ...that sounded like something other then what I meant. Geh, you know how I talk.

I'd like to try to add something positive in this, but I got nothing. Sorry guy. I'll try to keep in touch with Xav though, alright?

------------------------------------

Wednesday, October 20th

A what? ...can you really get those in Japan? Maybe I should come visit you sometime. ;) (Yeah, like I could afford THAT.)

But hey, no worries about the long silence. I figured you had stuff to do out there. Keepin' busy, doing that smart guy thing you do. Me, I'm still takin' classes and moppin' floors. I reaaaally freak out some of the late night crowd when I start beatboxxing or just singing random weird crap as I clean. Basically not much has changed here since the last time we talked. Life in WA is...well, it's pretty dull. I did get to see some of those fabled psycho hippie liberals in action though. You know I'm pretty liberal myself, but I wanted to take power tools to me ears so I couldn't hear thier WHINING anymore. X_X

So come on, how's life really out in Japan? I can't believe it's as boring as it is back here. What's the crisis of the week? Giant robots, Godzilla, tentacle monsters, random martial arts interludes at school? Come on man, what's the scoop? ;)

~Sandy~
All About Monks
<Marisa> after a certain level they basically just attack repeatedly until it dies

Taishyr

Reply to Bill:

Please do. ...and if they bring me up, just tell them that I want to talk to them and apologize, but don't push the issue any farther. You're the closest person we've got to him.

How've you been, anyway? We got so wrapped up dealing with this I never really asked you what was up. Things here got really bad for a bit, but now they've stabilized - thus why I'm trying to re-get in touch.

Keep on keepin' on,
-Mike

Reply to Sandy:

Hey, you swing the tickets, we'll try and figure out somewhere for you to stay. Granted, I think the catmengirlpeople hybrids are still in the prototype stage, but maybe you can test 'em out.

Re: long silence... yeah, shit got pretty mad over here, but the worst thing I coulda done - the worst thing I did - was dropping out of touch, pretty much running like a chickenwuss over here while you guys were left dealin' with shit. Not gonna let that happen again, but at this point I've got things that I need to do over here, too.

Re: psycho hippy liberals: hah, at least you've got something going on. Shit, when there's a minor scuffle between two people over here, it's almost front-page news that's how rare external conflict is. Now, behind the scenes... an American tabloid reporter would feel right at home here, if you know what I mean. Still, some shit has been on the news about how people are slowly starting to lose their cool; I've decided to start trying to track those cases. But I digress.

Re: Japan, I just got a new roommate, he isn't the hellish idiotic drug fiend my last one was so I'm more than happy. Actually finally gettin' out of my fucking shell and getting around. He's better at English than I am at Japanese - don't that just beat all or what?

Oh, and I'm now part of a group of superheroes dedicated to fighting crime, tyranny and cranky ladies who make bad wasabi, but that's not -terribly- new so I won't bore you with it.

On a more serious note, a girl passed out at a concert a few days ago, so I and a few people who know her are trying to check in and make sure she's okay. 'course it makes front-page news, just like all the rest, but eh. I just feel bad for her, being the focus of the Japanese media. Likely won't get much rest for a while.

-Planning to cross the Pacific Pond with a humongous mecha when he returns,
Mike

Email to Amelia:

Ping? Pong!

Hope France is treatin' you well - haven't heard from you much, but that's because I've not kept in touch, shitty friend that I am. How's the studies going? Anything new and interesting over there?

Oh, and as a warning, Sandy's planning on having me send her a catguygirl. Just... thought you should know.
-Mike

Email to Parents:

Hey.

Need to talk to you guys when you can get the chance, preferably before the usual Thursday call. You know the best hours to call me.

Hope all's going well with you guys, look forward to talking with you two.

-Mike

VySaika

Monday, October 25th

Got in touch with him again yesterday. Seems like they're trying to convince him to just forget all about his forgotten memories and move on with life, etc, etc. But you know him, too curious for his own good. Or in this case, curious enough for his own good. Didn't get together with him in person though, or I woulda called.

Me? Eh, SSDD guy. I -might- be able to get in on a trip out to DC in December if I get the TA post I'm trying to snag for a specific class. Far from garunteed though. Other then that I've got nothing big going on. Unless you count Beverly calling me up at 3AM to blubber drunkenly about how miserable she is and how she should have never left me for Todd but since she's catholic there's no getting divorced so she's doomed to be miserable for the rest of whatever as news. I gotta stop dating the crazy chicks, guy. That or if I can't avoid 'em, just ask Sandy out and be done with it(ahahahahahaha no).

And the clock says my lunch break was over two minutes ago.

-----------------------------

Monday, October 25th

Ping pong? Pourqoui?

Anyway, good to hear from you, though you're hardly the only one who forgets to keep in touch. I forgot to call my mom on her birthday last week, got about an hour's worth of "you're forgetting your own mother, you're the only family I have left" the next day for my troubles. I've never understood the big deal about birthdays anyway. I mean, 16, 18 and 21 are important, but past that? Who cares? Anyway, off topic.

As for stuff going on here...Mykasi, it's FRANCE! I could write three full length thesis papers on everything I've done out here. But I'm sure it's the same for you out in Japan, right? Makes me feel a little sorry for Bill and Sandy, since everytime I hear from them it's all "oh there's nothing interesting here". But hey, they could have tried to go somewhere, they just didn't. Only so sorry for them I can feel.

Also, Sandy is what? ...this s a joke, right? I mean, they don't REALLY have that stuff in Japan, right? That's just anime stuff, right? God I'm glad it was you who went to Japan instead of her. That girl does NOT need help being a pervert.

I'll try to keep in touch more often too, though I'm sure you'll understand if I forget sometimes.
Amelia

-----------------------
Tuesday, October 26th

Is something wrong out there? Well, I suppose I'll hear about that when I call. I'll call tomorrow around eight evening your time. I'm afraid your mother won't be there though, she's backpacking with some freinds from the ladies club until late Thursday. Unless this is something you need to talk to her about specifically. I'm sure she wouldn't mind conferance calling it, though the reception may be suspect.

-Paternal Unit 573-pH-@n

All About Monks

Taishyr

To: Bill

Right. No worries, man. Sorry to put so much of this burden on you, I'm just sitting here hitting myself in the head for not telling Xav like I damn well should've, you know? I'd come back for a visit except shit's picking up real quick over here, so I'm not sure when I can beggar the time.

Good luck on the TA thing, man - Washington, DC? Heh. Pretty sure I would've yelled at you long ago for wanting to visit 'the den of the white imperialist conquerors' , but at this point, hey, take what breaks you can.

Re: crazy girls, at the least Sandy's far better than 97.5% of the rest, you know? Still. Good luck with that, man. Japan's got nothing to offer you in that regard.

Later, -Mike

----------------------------------------

To: Amelia

Bad internet reference. Don't worry 'bout it.

And... that makes me feel a bit better, though granted, parental unit birthdays are both near Christmas so it's hard for me to forget; pretty sure if they had been anytime in the past six weeks I would've completely blown them off. Just been a massive energy drain over here, but... it's also starting to get -really- interesting, so I'll take it, I guess.

Re: France/Japan, while classes and cuisine are great, I've not had much touring time, and despite movie indications to the contrary, they don't have Godzilla rampages scheduled. ...though one of the textbooks has the line "Here comes Godzilla, flattening the city again". Makes me wonder... Still, sounds like you've been tons of places there - go ahead and spill! Alternately, share pictures.

And no worries. If I drop off on correspondence once in a while myself, it's probably due to scrambling to handle stuff here. So much to do, so little time. Feh.

Finally: While I don't have -proof- they're making those, given what I've seen in their comic books...

-Mykasi (under Anansi's web)

----------------------

To: Dad

Um. We may want Mom on the line for this, yes. I'd rather not have her hear what I have to say secondhand. Granted, it can also wait until she gets back if that'd make things easier... but I need to talk to you guys one way or another, and the sooner the better.

Also, cute l33t.

Mike (under Anansi's web)

Taishyr

Okay, weird question time. A friend I've made here recently got mailed something really odd.

Specifically, a dreamcatcher, sent by an unknown person (the return address was to her house. I'm thinking it might be a variant on that trick I used once in a while to make sure letters got home - send it to the house, return sender write in Mom's work address so that it definitely gets to someone if it fails to get home). She thinks it might be a stalker, and wanted some help.

She's concerned, honestly; we took it to the local shopkeeper that sells this sort of thing (only one in the area) and he was confident it wasn't one of his. When I asked about the designs, his own theory was that the owner might believe in magic (guess my reaction here).

I've attached a picture of the dreamcatcher. The shopkeeper's theory was that the carvings (stylized birds) were put there to represent trying to send a dream through the dreamcatcher (birds = messengers, in this context). This seem logical, presuming the person might not know much about actual dreamcatcher mythology? Also, is there anything in dream or dreamcatcher mythology that might be relevant here?

I realize it might sound like chasing shadows, but I can't figure out what else this might be, honestly; the dreamcatcher's our only lead here, so I'm running with it as best I can. Any input you can give would be appreciated. Will talk to you guys later in the week,

Mike (under Anansi's web)

VySaika

Saturady, Nov xx

Hmm. Honestly, I don't know what to tell you there, Mikey. This honestly sounds more like a matter for the police then for a fiction writer, has your freind talked to them at all? From personal experience, I can assure you that if this stalker does believe in magic then he's probably very dangerous. People who are already a bit unhinged(such as someone who's turned into a stalker) who start to get into the occult tend to be highly unpredictable and very willing to do insane things for unrealistic reasons.

As for the picture, it's certainly not a traditional dreamcatcher at all. I'd honestly think that this shopkeep's ideas might be close to the mark, assuming that's how the sender thinks. Since if this sender did know more about traditional dreamcatcher lore, they certainly wouldn't have made it like that while intending any traditional effects.

Then again, maybe it's just a pretty present? It's certainly very well made, and the asthetics are very nice. But I wouldn't rule out that stalker option, especially considering the return address on it. I'd really suggest having her talk to the police about this.

-Dad
All About Monks

Taishyr

Police would make sense, but from what I gather there's too much cultural stigma attached to it for her to. She seems to just be laying low for now, so...

A side question: I think the birds are ravens, looking it over (call it a hunch). Any connection between the raven and dreamcatchers you can think of?

Finally: Think I'm ready to try and talk to Xav's parents, see if I can convince them to at least let me talk to Xav again. Pass that on to mum, if you could?

Will talk to you during weekly convo, hope you're all doing well.

Under Anansi's web,
-Mike

VySaika

Saturday, Nov xx

Ah yes, the infamous Japanese fear of social stigma. It really is that bad there, hmm?

As for ravens, well on first thought it seems that might hold with the messenger theme, since I know that ravens are occasionally considered messengers. Though usually only of bad news. Maybe the sender was trying to make some sort of reverse dreamcatcher to send her bad dreams with? Raven is also one of the trickster gods, so that would also make sense. This of course requires the original theory of the sender believing in real magic to hold. I reccomend you continue doing what you're doing, she should keep laying low and you keep your eyes out. If it is a stalker, then they should try to keep up regular survailence of her as a rule especially after sending something like that. They'll want to know it works after all. If you stick with her, I'm sure you'll be able to spot anyone acting that suspicious. Once you know who it is, deciding what to do from there is easier.

Re: Xavier: Your mother is going to call tomorrow(and she's had a recent schedual change to make Sundays the best day for calling for us. Is that okay with you?) so I'll just let you talk to her directly, alright?

Good luck with your freind.

-Dad
All About Monks

Taishyr

To Dad:

Yeah, I'm gonna ask her to keep her eyes out as well, just in case it's someone from her classes I don't know or would have issues placing.

Thanks re: Xavier front. Will talk to you guys Sunday, will look forward to call tomorrow.

And... yeah, the social stigma is horrible over here in some areas. Another friend got angry at someone she knew, and the resulting gossip/shame made her hole up in her room for a while because she couldn't deal with it. Really just sorta sad.

-Mike (under Anansi's web)

VySaika

To: Anansi
Subject: Welcome Aboard

Haha, you certainly seem to be the real deal. Welcome to the forums, Anansi. We've got a few rules that I should fill you in on first.

Rule 1: Do not post information about yourself in the forum ever. This includes real name, location, anything. We'll ask what country your Event is happening in, and if it's current or past, but that's it. The forums are as secure as I can get them, but I think you can imagine that there are only so many types of intrusion that I can actually guard against here.

Rule 2: This is kind of a secret thing here, so please don't go blowing our cover, okay? I've had to move the site a couple of times already and I really hate doing it.

Rule 3: Play nice. Not everyone here is what I would call entirely sane, for reasons you can probably guess. Some members are really prickly about certain subjects and I'm sure some fights will start, but just don't be a turd and I'm sure it'll all be fine.

That's pretty much it. If you are interested in sharing personal information with any members, use PMs to exchange contact information that isn't our forum and talk there. Then you can say whatever you please. I just don't want anything bad finding people because of my website.

Now as for the purpose of the forum. I and the other admins(Judge and thisisadrill) are just trying to gather as much information on Persona and all Events related to them as we can. We've all been involved in them ourselves in the past and we do the best we can to just try and make sure that someone always remembers what's happened and keeps a record of this stuff. We may or may not be able to help you with whatever your Event is, things get different enough between Events that our experience might be a great help or mean something between diddly and squat. But we'll try to help as much as we can, that's what the Rabbit Hole is here for!

Anyway, your password to log on is: aw7Uqn21WWpo96T

Feel free to change it to whatever you like when you log on for the first time.

Welcome to the Rabbit Hole, hope your sanity survives the trip!

-Rabbit
All About Monks

VySaika

Private Message to User: Anansi.
Sent by User: KFR

Interesting choice of screen name there. Might we have ourselves another Amerindian in the ranks?
All About Monks

Taishyr

Private Message to user: KFR
Sent by User: Anansi

You'd be correct, yes. Rather recent to this entire masquerade, so still getting my bearings in the situation I'm in.

Unsure what the usual protocol is here for exchange of information, and frankly don't know where to start, all things considered - since apparently Events can differ widely I'm not even sure which terms I can use that'll get my point across accurately. So I suppose I have to rely on you here as my elder - what information is there to offer, and what would you like to know about my own circumstances?

VySaika

Private Message to User: Anansi.
Sent by User: KFR

Frankly I'd suggest getting some manner of Instant Messaging program that's specifically to talk to people you meet here or in any other supernatural buisiness and keep it very seperate from anything you use for your normal life. Rabbit doesn't like people sharing personal info on her website, and while I haven't been involved in anything of ill intent resulting from anything here, I have seen it happen to other users.

My own "work" program of choice is America Online's Instant Messanger, where I go by KentuckyFriedRoadrunner. You'll have to contact me there if you want any specifics.

For general advice, all I can say is just learn the rules of YOUR game as best you can. The rules change from incident to incident, but from what I understand they seem to be fairly immutable within the incidents. Reality might change the rules between each game, but while playing it follows the rules it sets down. If you can figure out what those are for the game you're in, then you've got a better chance. God knows it's how I won mine.
All About Monks

Taishyr

Private Message to User: KFR
Sent by User: Anansi

Been sorting my life like that, and I suppose that's not a far-removed step. AnOrbweaverUnseen, AIM name. Won't be on for a bit longer, life and the masquerade call, but drop a line and I'll reply when I get the chance. I am curious as to previous incidents.

Rabbit being cautious on personal info is probably wise, all things considered - considering how these incidents work, there are potential risks involved here. But there's also a time where the masks need to drop, even if only slightly.

And it's somewhat reassuring to both hear that this damn mess is even "winnable" and that my initial methodology was on the right track.