News:

You have made a powerful enemy today, stop sign.

Main Menu

House Rules

Started by Merc, September 18, 2009, 01:05:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Namagomi

Note: my unresponsiveness is due to schoolwork as of current.  I will be on IRC to attend the session on Sunday, but until the work is dealt with, nothing else.

Merc

Adding magic fix that Navi linked. Seems more than reasonable.

I am also deciding to definitely make it so 'reduce ADF' tricks only reduce dex. Since enemies will almost universally not have size/natural armor defense bonuses, and will rely on class defense bonuses (ADF), it's just too powerful as is. It's been fine so far, but I'd rather nip it in the bud now than worry about it later.

Finally, also adding comment on the counting squares thing from Harrier.

I'm currently considering improving the hardness/hp of weapons and the masterwork table, though not exactly sure how much to do so. I will probably hold off on this until I get you guys to level 5-6 and have a better idea of about how much damage Elise does on average by that point. Mostly, I don't want weapons to be easily sundered in 1-2 rounds whenever there is a single enemy, but at same time, don't really want to punish Cid for selecting a viable tactic in the system.

Alternatively, I might just change my mind about making this a mostly human campaign, and involve more creatures so I don't have to rely on weapons that render an enemy useless when he's the only target. I'm still considering this.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Dracos

Because people are bloody wussies, I will do it for them.

Proposed House Rule:
Characters may stunt on ranged attacks to increase to hit or to damage.  They may also take attack and defense challenges on it.

Why?

Because people would have more fun.
Well, Goodbye.

Navilee

Honestly, not being able to take defense challenges is for the best.  Reducing defense is nothing for a ranged character, since if they get attacked they are in the wrong spot.

Dracos

If they don't get attacked somewhat regularly, the DM is also doing something wrong :P

But anyhow, I'm not suggesting it because it's good for balance.  It isn't.  I'm suggesting it because it would let you two do more things.

but beyond proposing it, I have no dog in the fight :)  Shoot it down, win it, it won't be Maya's results.
Well, Goodbye.

Navilee

If they can be attacked regularly, they aren't taking advantage of 100' ranges enough. :P

Or the screening fighters are dropping the ball too much.  To be honest, Anassia will never really deal high damage; the saves on spells are kinda hilariously low, given that, IIRC, all the classes have high-all saves.  And the whole, y'know, it's an evil ping-pong ball.