News:

It is a very sunny day.

Main Menu

General Discussion

Started by Merc, September 18, 2009, 01:11:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merc

Just a pretty general end-all thread for discussion. Post here about thoughts, "I can't make the session", "Can we change schedule?", etc.

Players: Dracos, Namagami, Navilee, Ataru, Cideon
Place: IRC - #truesteel & #truesteel_ooc @ irc.lunarnet.org
Gametime:Every Sunday, 6:00pm to ~ 9:30pm CST (with occassional breaks)
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Merc

Copied over from other thread. Game would be once every other week. The following are available times where I can run the game without difficulty (time is CST, which is -6GMT/UTC):

Mon-Fri: 6pm-midnight
Sat: 9am-3pm
Sun: After 9am

My preferred time would be friday evening or any time sunday, but I can do anything in the listed times.

Merc

Cid has stated being okay with weekday evenings and sunday evening.

Namagomi

Okay with Friday nights and Sunday evenings.  Other weeknights...ehhhh...the issue of my getting home from school around 8:30 PM EST has impact, and home/family conditions make weekend mornings unreliable.

Dracos

6 pm CST is too early to expect me back from work with any consistency.  8 pm CST might work.

Sats work.  Suns work. 
Well, Goodbye.

Merc

Okay, so narrowing things down, weekdays have to be later in the evening (the work/school crew!), weekends can't be morning/early afternoons (the family crew!). Given that some of you are EST, you probably don't want to go to 1am (midnight CST) on a weekday. So let's scratch out Mon-Thurs from options. 8pm-11pm is kinda short for a once/2-weeks game.

More than likely, best options for everyone, at least those that have talked about times, are Friday 8pm-midnight (and I could go a bit later if we want to), or Sunday 6pm-11pm.

Want to hear from Navilee as well on times.

Navilee

To be honest, I could make it any day that the others could.  Ditto for times; mornings would be a little more difficult to work (I'm most definitively not a morning person), but late nights are utterly fine for myself.

I am curious if we are to have forum-ing in the interim?

Merc

Ah, cool. Just waiting on Ataru as well then. He's out drunk right now, so he'll post tomorrow. =)

QuoteI am curious if we are to have forum-ing in the interim?
Forum is primarily for organizing stuff. Once we have players, sheets, and agreed upon schedule, I'll be making two IRC channels, an OOC channel and a game channel.

Basically, I like to do what most of the guys in this forum do when we set up an IRC game:
1) The game channel is for gaming.
2) The ooc channel is for any real time questions/jokes/comments/etc while we're gaming.
3) The forum is for reference, logs, and discussions outside of game time (although if someone's active in the ooc channel, can still chat there).

Navilee

That makes sense.  I'll admit, my knowledge of IRC is limited to 'following directions' at this point, but I figure you folk'll be able to direct as necessary.

And hurray for drinking!

Merc

Alright, updated first post with expected game schedule, and first session date.

I'll try to put all stuff regarding house rules concrete this weekend, ask that sheets are done by next friday, and I'll try to put up anything relevant about game world whenever I can over the course of the week.

I'm going to be busy here and there over the course of the week, have a lot of family obligations that week, so can't reliably plan stuff for session, hence game start on october, the week after.

Merc

Change of plan. Drac's out the 3rd. So scheduling for the sunday after.

Sierra

You mean October 11, don't you? The 10th is a Saturday.

And...I'm actually going to be out of town that weekend. I think I come home again on Sunday, though. Will have to ask around and see what time I'm likely to get back.

Dracos

Hum.  We're Teenager party.  Maya's the old bat at 20. :P 
Well, Goodbye.

Merc

October 11, yes. And d'woh! Let me know if you'll be back by the 11th. *fingers crossed*

Sierra

Urgh. Plane lands at 8:30PM EST. So yeah, I'd probably be back home about two hours after the starting time.