News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

Notes/DM bitching/whatever

Started by Anastasia, March 25, 2010, 04:54:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

For when I need to say random shit.

I'd like to have this game going in a week to two week's time. No hurry and I still have a lot of prep to do once I have basic character sheets posted from you two. Just a heads up.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Your sheet looks fine so far, Gate. I'm going to post world info soon enough, within the next few days.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Okay, can we try and have stuff done by the end of this weekend guys? If you need more time let me know.
<Afina> Forever.

Taishyr

I'll aim for that. all delay has been due to illness.

Taishyr

Convo between me/Gate, sorta discussing worldviews/personalities/how Walce and Serena would've met.

[22:12] <Gatewalker> Post game!
[22:12] <Gatewalker> Don't have Serena's history up just yet, but I was thinking about how our chars could be connected and had an idea
[22:13] > hm?
[22:14] <Gatewalker> We seriously met ON the boat out to the colony. Serena was making sure her smith's tools weren't getting rusty in the ocean air, tending to them and such, Walce noticed a tiny girl with smith's tools and went over to talk to her out of curiosity. They hit it off, having some common ground to talk about, and by the time the boat landed they were fairly good freinds.
[22:14] <Gatewalker> sound good?
[22:15] > works, sure
[22:16] > walce at the very least would probably get intro'd by jakeb, since you/him would likely be talking
[22:16] <Gatewalker> they both have the "child of a smith...not taking over the family business" thing going, which is kinda funny.
[22:16] > even if he at first was too oblivious
[22:16] * Taishyr nods
[22:16] <Gatewalker> ah, Jakeb is going out to the colony too?
[22:17] > yeah, general intent was the whole family was, which was (another reason) why Walce was the druid sent with.
[22:17] > (He's also disposable.)
[22:18] <Gatewalker> <_<
[22:22] > General concept being the druids aren't willing to heavily commit resources yet to trying to re-establish contact, especially if a colony's going out.
[22:22] > so just letting Walce go out with the intent of investigation was preferred. Druids choosing to be moody fucks isn't unheard of, after all
[22:22] <Gatewalker> But Walce's family going makes it a good opportunity to make at least a small attempt while they gather more info, yeah.
[22:23] * Taishyr nods.
[22:24] <Gatewalker> Serena thinks druids are nifty and likes the woods and such. She just also likes having things like a tent and premade rations and such, instead of out and out roughing it.
[22:24] <Gatewalker> some druids may not like her, though. As she's not just a smith and a mage, she's an engineer.
[22:25] * Taishyr nods.
[22:25] <Gatewalker> Her own thoughts on the "Progress vs Respect For Nature" thing are "Wait, what? No, that's stupid. You're stupid. They are not inherently opposing concepts here."
[22:26] > Walce supports nature, but if she said that he'd go "Yeah, pretty much. Just a matter of not stepping on toes and making sure everything balances out."
[22:27] > since he uh kinda lived in the city for forever
[22:28] > he's not entirely opposed to city life/progress, but he's given that life up for the most part
[22:28] <Gatewalker> yeah
[22:28] <Gatewalker> she...couldn't, since her talents kinda don't lie in the direction of the natural.
[22:28] * Taishyr nods
[22:29] > The way I look at it, if there was a Luck stat, Walce would probably have an 18 in it.
[22:29] > Being able to walk away from a blacksmith career he would have done fine at and straight into the druidic practices, being able to pick it up no sweat?
[22:30] <Gatewalker> heh
[22:30] > More than wisdom he just got lucky being able to pull that off.
[22:30] <Gatewalker> Serena more just works at hyperactive speeds and was trying her hand at damn near everything until something stuck.
[22:30] > hehe.
[22:31] <Gatewalker> She cannot stand being idle.
[22:32] <Gatewalker> she got into magic, futzed around until she picked up transmutation spells and just took to them like a pig to mud
[22:32] <Gatewalker> (I'd say duck to water, but there was more mess involved then that)
[22:32] > yeah, walce has patience going for him to aid the luck. and heh.
[22:33] <Gatewalker> her mindset from messing with smithery was already "oh, turning things into other things. I can do that~"
[22:33] > >_>
[22:33] <Gatewalker> and somehow that worked
[22:33] <Gatewalker> since it made so much sense to HER
[22:33] <Gatewalker> and that, IMO, is half of what magic is.
[22:34] > Walce was willing to give up the smithing mainly since... well, he had resigned his share of the family job to Jakeb. In a way, he considered that leaving behind the task entirely, so to become a druid and renounce it entirely? Eh. No big change.
[22:34] * Gatewalker nods
[22:35] <Gatewalker> Serena meanwhile maintains two jobs, multiple hobbies, and also keeps up with her martial techniques.
[22:35] > heh
[22:35] <Gatewalker> There's a touch of Rikku in her. She doesn't sit still.
[22:36] > hehehe.
[22:37] <Gatewalker> the martial stuff is actually what comes easiest to her, and thus she practices it the least. Her mother is a bit annoyed since she should easily be a champ if she put her mind to it. But only doing one thing would drive her nuts.
[22:37] <Gatewalker> man, Serena is a touch ADD.
[22:37] <Gatewalker> hahahaha
[22:37] > mmm. continuing the ffx analogy, impassiveness of Auron with appearance of Wakka for Walce, pretty much.
[22:38] <Gatewalker> heh

Anastasia

Okay, I'm looking to start this sometime from Wednesday to Friday depending on how things go. Once it gets going it'll be low maintenance enough at 1-2 posts a day. This is good since Gate and I have both been having BLAHS, and Tai has a toothache from hell.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Apologies on the delay. This is ending up being just a bit over my capacity, so give me a bit to see if I can square up. If not I may delay this or cancel it, since I'm simply being pulled too many ways creatively. Apologies.
<Afina> Forever.

Taishyr

VySaika

* Gatewalker nods. Worst comes to worst, I can probably put together a PbP game. God knows I have enough ideas for it.

Now whether I could actually pull it off or not is a whole 'nother critter, of course. <_<
All About Monks
<Marisa> They're OP as fuck
<Marisa> They definitely don't blow in 3.5
<Marisa> after a certain level they basically just attack repeatedly until it dies
<Marisa> they're immune to a bunch of high level effects
<Marisa> just by being monks

Anastasia

This is way overdue, but yeah, this isn't happening. I'm just not able to manage prepping a third game and maintain anything like focus or sanity. Sorry you two, my bad.
<Afina> Forever.