News:

No longer content with mere attendance, the middle-class suburban poseurs have begun to put their hands in the air and wave them like they just don't care

Main Menu

Suggestions + Ideas

Started by Merc, April 04, 2010, 10:55:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merc

Okay, as seen from last session and tonight's, I'm kinda low on ideas of what to do on the way to Vyrdam and your 'main' quest.

What exactly do people want to see and/or do?

Suggestions and ideas strongly appreciated.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Dracos

You are not a gendo.  Stop ripping off my beard style.

Anyhow, let's see, for the shortest of terms, we should kick it up to the nines.  Less 'we are mundane folks traveling around a mundane world' and more 'we are the cool heroes who just happen to run into every major calamity because they are there'.  The below is influenced by consuming too many video games and manga recently.

For starters, there should totally be an Azala reptile king, gathering up his dino allies to turn about the very winds of time that have driven them further and further into the forest under the encrouchment of humans.  His craziness is going to cause a total lockdown of travel, preventing us from heading for Vilnore or whatever that country with the assassin's is.  Is this a big, world shaking kind of event?  Yeah, and it will kick ass when we're running from a giant black T-rex and trying to find a suitable trap to slow him down while we can kill him.  What would be extra super cool?  Flying Ptderdactyls for victory. :P  Party pets AND travel tools.

Maya should get a rival.  Or at least enemies we can dance fight with.  How often do we get an honest to goodness effective performer-combatant?   Maya wants opportunities to encourage the rest of her party to pick up showy combat stuff and engage in dastardly epic roguery across rooftops.  She's starting to build up fame across multiple villages.  As with any particularly cool heroine, there will be those that wish to test their stuff!

We're going to get to Vilnore (it was something else, it is vilnore now).  And I dunno there...  I'm thinking it isn't really the kingdom behind it.  Or at least not all of it.  A special group of assassins and spies are at the root, at the behest of the second prince, working his way to take over a country the hard way.  From shortly after we arrive, we'll be ambushed by the all too clever group who strives to press us back as we seek to sneak our way into the kingdom and assassinate the real cause of all this trouble!

Afterwards, the game proper can begin as we, the saviours of our country, yet fugitives from the country of Vilnore, flee to the north, chased by bandits and vilnore bounty hunters, the enemies of an entire nation who can then provide fodder battles for whenever they are needed, ridiculous bounties, and other nusiances.

But instead we need something.  We need to become rich cool people that are going to build the most awesome traveling caravan imaginable.  We're going to get loot that isn't just for neat new weapons (though it will be), but also for a flying wagon or ship as we continue our journey to see every country in the world!

I think that's enough for starters?
Well, Goodbye.

Navilee

Responding to Drac's by number.

1. Would work, but a sudden shift too it would be a bit whiplashy.  Would also help if half the group weren't constantly plagued by RNG Hate.

2. Might feel a bit rushed, but... I dunno, an interesting twist to the traveling.  Although if it were anything like the last battle....  And been watching Avatar much?

3. Dance fighting?  Only if it's Thriller.

4. I agree.  Intrigue would be good.  Especially if our contact is a double-agent... OR IS HE?  Preferably with so many sides it is hard to keep straight and us rarely knowing if we're doing the right thing or not.  Bonus points if we accidentally makes things /so much worse/ only to fix them in the end.  Although, really, we're not notable enough to be noticed immediately.  ...it occurs we need a cover story.

5. Flying things tend to be rare in IH.  Unless they're alive.  In which case, making them zombies makes them more pliable.  And I'd prefer more the 'we're villains to a country' to 'we're just rich and snobby' :p

My own ideas are more self-contained plot ideas centering around individual characters.  I'm trying to think of one for each character, but here's what I got sofar (Note that some might not be full adventures at this point, but they're just coming to me):

Anassia:  A pickpocket steals the mysterious ever-present beltpouch, thinking it's an easy score.  When he gets back to the hideout, though, he discovers something more valuable; blackmail on an arcanist.  The party has to get the skeleton back (also a good "you did /what/?!" moment for the party, as she's yet to really come clear about that) before Anassia is reported to the authorities as being an arcanist.  And we all know the penalty for that.

Elise:  Not completely thought out lately, but either she gets caught up in a hyper-scary cult or manages to run afoul of a hyper-powerful church along our travels, leading us to be branded as heretics and generally bad people.  Maybe taking a quest to 'redeem' ourselves, or doing a quest to retrieve an artifact triggers it, but there would need to be an adventure in there.  If the latter, would need some how to clear our name... or we could just run and hope our descriptions don't travel as fast as we do.  Would work well with Anassia's magic being made public.  Witch hunters, ho!

Maya:  Honestly, I haven't thought of anything there yet.  Maybe a dance competition she loses through cheating, only to find out it's a conspiracy?  Or... that's a terrible idea, scratch that.

Jack or Aleph: One of our lovable rascals gets mistaken for someone in power.  Hilarity ensues as they misuse the power they've been invested... before the real person shows up with some muscle.  Suddenly, we have someone with far-reaching power and authority behind us and just killing him would only make it worse (rich family, part of an even larger organization).

Kheldar:  Anything where he has to choose between 'honor/duty' and the 'right' thing.  The other members of the party are brought up on accurate charges at an inconvienient time and he has to choose between turning them in or defying the will of the legal system.

Missing anyone?

Dracos

Kheldar is leaving I think.  Jack and Aleph really could use to divide themselves more :P

And maya never loses a dance fight ;_;
Well, Goodbye.

Navilee

Quote from: Dracos on April 06, 2010, 02:58:26 AM
And maya never loses a dance fight ;_;

Yet.

There is always someone more twinkish than you, as the saying goes :p

Dracos

Mmm.

Technically, Maya isn't evil.  She's not shown the slightest inclination that way.

That said, I don't really mind us riding around a skeletal army of ptyrdactcyls being a menace.

And we're probably in trouble if someone is more twinkish than me.  :P
Well, Goodbye.

Merc

Anybody else? Cid/Ataru/Nama?

Dracos

There is only Maya. :P

I've poked cid at least.
Well, Goodbye.

Merc

On poking Nama for postage:
* Namagomi nods. If I get any ideas at all. School's been killing me
<Merc> I should enroll the party in a school for adventuring, see if that kills you!

You shall have to work hard to earn your masters degree in adventuring!

Dracos

I suppose I wouldn't mind.  Anassia can be valdictorian.  Elise can be the jock.  Maya can be the popular girl.
Well, Goodbye.

Navilee

Anassia would be the gothpunk chick; who else carries skeletons around?

Dracos

Maya is fine with doing double duty as valedictorian then, even though that makes no sense :3
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Clearly Maya's opinions carry by virtue of being unopposed :P
Well, Goodbye.

Navilee

You know that that school would quickly become a parody of Wicked.