News:

"It occured to me while drunk, so it must have been genius."

Main Menu

Current watches

Started by Dracos, October 15, 2010, 03:20:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merc

The tension is higher in the tv series, but not much more.

Spoiler: ShowHide
Most of the tension is that Freeza is more powerful than SSJ-God Goku (soooo absurd), but because he came to earth almost immediately after gaining his new form, he can't hold onto it. Both Goku and Vegeta basically know that's what's happening from the start, so the tension is very very low as a result.

I also admittedly continue to be disappointed in Gohan. Hopefully the result of his lack of training gets him training again, but admittedly, if he does so, he'll probably slack off again by the time a new threat shows up. *sighs* You'd think he'd have learned after his lack of training with Majin Buu bit him in the ass, but nope...

Young Jiji's Dragon Ball AF (doujinshi manga) is a better series overall, and I prefer the evil dragons over Freeza.

Also recall seeing a multiverse doujinshi which seemed interesting as well and longer, if not consistent art-wise. Been a while since I looked at that one though.

On a different note, watched Gundam Orphans 14. New OP song is...okay. The second half is actually pretty good, but the first half is really slow and takes a while to pick up, while the original OP was catchy throughout. Also, boy, it -sucks- to have family in that show.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

thepanda

Worse than having/being someone's girlfriend in UC?

Merc

Man, that Gundam Orphans episode 21.

They were death-flagging a particular character all over the place that episode, and when they deathflag a character in this show, they very much die.

Apparently the creators have a perverse sense of humor too. They aired the episode on:
"Name of Holiday": ShowHide
Japanese Biscuit Day.

"Name of Character": ShowHide
The character that died was Biscuit Griffon.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

tabyk

"ZenCrafters!  Total enlightenment... in about an hour."

thepanda

Amaama to Inazuma, Amanchu!, and Flying Witch. I'm on a bit of a slice of life kick. Damn near cried at that fatherhood, though.

Dracos

Went and watched overlord again...but right now been watching G Gundam with Gate.  The Ham is Heavy.
Well, Goodbye.

tabyk

Flying Witch was lots of fun.  Overlord, on the other hand... damn, I really REALLY wish they'd do a second season.

Anyone have suggestions for the Fall line-up?  I dumped my Hulu subscription, but still have active accounts on Crunchyroll and Netflix.
"ZenCrafters!  Total enlightenment... in about an hour."

Dracos

At the moment, I am watching Kobayashi.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6JmbLruXqY which has a catchy PV and is totally a maid/monstergirl fetish anime :P

Haven't been keeping up with much lately.  There's the new konosuba kinda.  What about you guys?
Well, Goodbye.

thepanda

Been watching random shorts on youtube, like this one.

Rukatin

Been watching Youjo Senki, or Rise of Tanya the Evil. It's basically a WW1/WW2 alternate universe with magic where a Pragmatic and amoral Japanese Salaryman is reincarnated into by 'God' in order to make her develop some faith. Tanya, however, refuses to believe that it's 'God', calling it 'Being X' instead. The overarching plot so far is that Tanya entered the military at a VERY young age (9) and due to her powerful magical talent was fast-tracked into being an officer. Hoping to lead a cushy life as a reserve officer, her hopes are dashed when circumstances promptly lead her to the western front.

The anime is produced by a new studio, Studio Nut, and so far the animation has been excellent. Story has yet to be seen, as their are only four episodes out so far.
I'm going to need your signature for the metric ton of whoop-ass you're about to receive.

"A 'Cult'? Such disrespect for other people's beliefs."
"You enslave minds!"
"And I believe that's okay."

Arakawa

Steven Universe is almost exactly like someone went ahead and animated a webcomic. Complete with slow meandering pace, occasional bouts of intriguing worldbuilding (in general, webcomic worldbuilding tends to be stronger than webcomic characters), and even Art Evolution. It proved excruciating to watch in order, and intriguing to watch by picking interesting sounding episodes out of the middle and then going back when needed to get necessary context.

I am very conflicted about this kind of storytelling. But at least I noticed its existence just as they're about to release a one-hour-long mega-episode in which stuff reportedly happens.
That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

thepanda

Just finished Kobayashi. !0/10, would watch a second season.

Anything good out right now? The only thing I'm watch is Boku no Hero.

Dracos

I enjoyed the first couple eps of isekai shokudou.
Well, Goodbye.

Arakawa

Quote from: thepanda on July 13, 2017, 07:52:28 PM
The only thing I'm watch is Boku no Hero.

These shonen series start out cute but who knows what it'll look like 3000 chapters later.

Thus far, I'm convinced Boku no Hero is an extended metaphor for Impostor Syndrome where you feel like everyone around you has the superpowers and you're just trying to macgyver your way through it without actually having any of the qualities that society seems to demand.

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

Arakawa

Quote from: Arakawa on May 14, 2017, 07:52:23 PM
I am very conflicted about this kind of storytelling. But at least I noticed its existence just as [Steven Universe]'re about to release a one-hour-long mega-episode in which stuff reportedly happens.

Upon reflection, the "11-minute episodes" format seems to be kind of cancer for telling a coherent or well paced story.

---

(from Wm. Blake)