News:

"It occured to me while drunk, so it must have been genius."

Main Menu

Current watches

Started by Dracos, October 15, 2010, 03:20:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thepanda

Anyone else watching Made In Abyss? I'm three episodes in and its pretty solid. It looks like they didn't skimp on the budget, either. At least no this early into the show.

Dracos

Not yet.

Been watching Tiger Mask W lately.
Well, Goodbye.

Kaldrak

Watched an anime called Blood-C, recently.

Though there are many things I liked about it, I can't possibly recommend it due to the sheer, gratuitous, over the top gore. It's about a girl with a sword, fighting monsters who eat people...and I mean they EAT PEOPLE. Mmm, slurp, munch crunch chomp, all shown quite explicitly. Imagine how you'd chow down on chicken, steak, or popcorn, then imagine a monster doing that to humans who scream in terror, with no cutaway shots. That's Blood-C. It's so explicit they heavily censored it when it first aired, but lucky me, I found the uncensored version. The finale actually made me queasy and I've seen a whole lot of gory stuff in my time.

If you have a sensitive stomach, stay FAR away. -_-

Edit: The movie was a heck of a lot more enjoyable than the series, with an actual proper conclusion, unlike the series itself. Also, almost no gore, which was nice.
"Do what you want to do. Do what you like doing. Write the stories you want to see written and give other people the same courtesy. That is all that is important."

thepanda

Just finished No Game No Life. It was actually pretty fun. Nice color pallet.

A couple of gamer siblings get pulled into an alternate world where everything is decided by games by said world's god. They, of course, decide to challenge him.

Dracos

Huh.  I've been wavering on going to look over that.
Well, Goodbye.

thepanda

The stakes as such that you know they are invincible heroes, and there are pervy elements. I didn't find either overbearing, but I have to point them out. The show establishes their bullshit levels of bullshit right out the gate, though, so it really isn't jarring when it comes up.

KLSymph

Just watched the first episode of the Card Captor Sakura revival, and wow they really went for capturing the old feel. I have to say I did enjoy that. Though this suggests my taste in anime has not changed in fifteen years.

I dunno, maybe CCS is special, being the only shoujo series I've ever followed.

Benedicto

I just finished watching Beelzebub, well Oga is freaking awesome! ;)

Dracos

Watching Overlord with Gate.

Watched season 1 of Blood Blockade Brigade.
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Been watching https://www.crunchyroll.com/demon-slayer-kimetsu-no-yaiba/ lately.  Ran out of it.  Started strong, but seems to be floundering a bit lately with its characters.
Well, Goodbye.

thepanda

I think I've watched more anime in the last two months than I watched last year. CUrrently watching

I'm standing on a million lives
Monster girl doctor
Burn the witch
By the grace of the gods
Kuma kuma kuma bear
Wandering witch

Million lives, Grace of gods, and kuma bear all have surprisingly good bgm.

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

thepanda

Slime isekai is back and it is good.

Spider isekai is new and actually better?!

Haven't seen MMO isekai (season 3) or Save Scum isekai or Jobless isekai yet. Will report in when I do.

The season of isekai begins!

Dracos

thought there's only been an ep of spider isekai?
Well, Goodbye.

thepanda

There has only been the one ep. I watched it immediately after the first ep of Slime season 2 and enjoyed Spider isekai's episode more. Presentation was more catchy.