News:

"It occured to me while drunk, so it must have been genius."

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

It will be because Afina and the horrifying pixie conspiracy chooses to lower prices again, that will cause a complete collapse of the trading order, which in turn will lead to economic ruin and strife from Celestia to the Abyss and thrones will fall as mere lantern archons, courre eladrin, manes and lemures alike rise up against the higher castes, which will lead to a final and massive accounting in which the opiate of the masses known as alignment will be cast aside and all the planes will come together in one utopian vision, a post alignment world where none want for anything and all are taken care of, where the those rich on alignment will be cast down and put to the sword and with that a new world order will emerge, one freed of the shackles of the past as true peace comes so you must understand why Afina must be stopped at any cost and why Moore's terrifying visions of 80% off must not be allowed to happen, before it is too late and we are all doomed in an apocalyptic inferno of cost cutting and revolution.

Please help, Jaela, Surraruthru and Tryll. Help before it is too late.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Some days Tylenol just isn't strong enough. Ow, ow, ow, ow.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

It's really what you get for trying to deny Aurora their Black Friday sales.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on November 23, 2017, 09:20:32 AM
It's really what you get for trying to deny Aurora their Black Friday sales.

I have such terrifying mean PCs.

* Anastasia whimpers.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Incidentally, my dog has decreed that Surraruthru should go post before Monday.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Quote from: Anastasia on November 23, 2017, 07:52:09 AM
It will be because Afina and the horrifying pixie conspiracy chooses to lower prices again, that will cause a complete collapse of the trading order, which in turn will lead to economic ruin and strife from Celestia to the Abyss and thrones will fall as mere lantern archons, courre eladrin, manes and lemures alike rise up against the higher castes, which will lead to a final and massive accounting in which the opiate of the masses known as alignment will be cast aside and all the planes will come together in one utopian vision, a post alignment world where none want for anything and all are taken care of, where the those rich on alignment will be cast down and put to the sword and with that a new world order will emerge, one freed of the shackles of the past as true peace comes so you must understand why Afina must be stopped at any cost and why Moore's terrifying visions of 80% off must not be allowed to happen, before it is too late and we are all doomed in an apocalyptic inferno of cost cutting and revolution.

Please help, Jaela, Surraruthru and Tryll. Help before it is too late.

It's never too late for deeper discounts.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

* Anastasia whimpers.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Hey Iddy, could you post your epic weaving work here? I forgot about it in the holiday shuffle and wanna get it out here and work on it.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Craft (Weaving)

TaskDC

Strengthen+10
Armored Weaving+15
Spun into Gold50
Spin Everything60
True Weaving75

Epic Weavers can make threads and items far superior to that of normal weavers.

You can add multiple effects from the following options. The increases to DC stack. For example, Strengthing and Armoring a thread would increase the DC by a total of +25.

Strengthen

You can make a thread that has increased hardness, mimicking tougher materials. This grants the resulting thread 5 hit points per inch and hardness 5. This can be applied multiple times, increasing the hit points and hardness by 5 each time and increasing the total DC by an additional 10.

Armored Weaving

You can make a thread that grants an armor bonus, mimicking materials that armors are made out of. Doing so causes the thread to grant a +2 armor bonus and imposes no Arcane Spell Failure penalty or Dexterity cap. This can be applied multiple times, increasing the armor bonus by 2 each time and increasing the DC by an additional 15.

Spun into Gold

As in the legends of old, an Epic Weaver can spin mundane materials into valuable and unusual things. Normally this is depicted as spinning straw or hay into gold, which is fully within an Epic Weaver's abilities, but it can be done with nearly any material that does not have an innate hardness. Doing so requires 8 hours per 100 gold's worth of thread with a DC 50 Craft (Weaving) check.

Spin Everything

Your ability to spin materials into thread has surpassed the legends and lore. You are able to spin any material into thread regardless of hardness, and the resulting thread retains the hardness, value, and properties of the base material. This process will allow you to produce one item's worth of thread in a full 24 hour period with a DC 60 Craft (Weaving) check.

True Weaving

Your ability to weave even the finest of threads leads you to a greater understanding of the fundamental patterns that underlie all of Creation. Using both your arcane talent and weaving skills, you are able to spin the threads of the Weave itself into any spell known to you and to cast it anytime within the next 10 minutes, or weave it directly into an object made of thread to be cast at a later time. To do this, you must succeed at both a DC 75 Craft (Weaving) check and a DC 75 + spell level Spellcraft check. Failure of the Spellcraft check causes the Weave to lash out at you, striking you for 2d6 x level of spell attempted.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Okay, a closer reading nets the following questions.

1. Is strengthen meant to merely threads you create, or is it meant to imbue that into woven items through those threads?
2. Any material object has an innate hardness. It may be 0 such as for paper or cloth, but it has it. I'd suggest rewording spun into gold to account for that. I'd also suggest setting a means to determine how much you produce in 8 hours by gold pieces and a check. Look at what epic perform checks net for gold for a good idea here of a reasonable ballpark.
3. Armored weaving is meant to weave an armor bonus into mundane woven things, like shirts, or is it meant to be combined with other things like armor?
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Anastasia on December 01, 2017, 01:26:35 PM
1. Is strengthen meant to merely threads you create, or is it meant to imbue that into woven items through those threads?
The second. Imbue the strengthen into the resulting items. I figured strengthening the threads would carry over to the item.

2. Any material object has an innate hardness. It may be 0 such as for paper or cloth, but it has it. I'd suggest rewording spun into gold to account for that. I'd also suggest setting a means to determine how much you produce in 8 hours by gold pieces and a check. Look at what epic perform checks net for gold for a good idea here of a reasonable ballpark.

How about... 30d6 gp/day for gold and 60d6 gp/day for Spin Everything or materials more valuable than gold?

3. Armored weaving is meant to weave an armor bonus into mundane woven things, like shirts, or is it meant to be combined with other things like armor?
Armor bonus into mundane things or armors that are made with cloth gets a bonus. Like padded armor gets a bit better and a shirt gets armor bonuses. Stuff that like, Monks and casters can wear.

Iron Dragoon

Craft (Weaving)

TaskDC

Strengthen+10
Armored Weaving+15
Spun into Gold50
Spin Everything60
True Weaving75

Epic Weavers can make threads and items far superior to that of normal weavers.

You can add multiple effects from the following options. The increases to DC stack. For example, Strengthing and Armoring a thread would increase the DC by a total of +25.

Strengthen

You can make a thread that has increased hardness, mimicking tougher materials. This grants the items made with this thread 5 hit points per inch and hardness 5. This can be applied multiple times, increasing the hit points and hardness by 5 each time and increasing the total DC by an additional 10.

Armored Weaving

You can make a thread that grants an armor bonus, mimicking materials that armors are made out of. Doing so causes the thread to grant an additional +2 armor bonus and imposes no Arcane Spell Failure penalty or Dexterity cap. This can be applied multiple times, increasing the armor bonus by 2 each time and increasing the DC by an additional 15.

Spun into Gold

As in the legends of old, an Epic Weaver can spin mundane materials into valuable and unusual things. Normally this is depicted as spinning straw or hay into gold, which is fully within an Epic Weaver's abilities, but it can be done with nearly any material that does not have an innate hardness not exceeding 10. Doing so producing 30d6 gold's worth of thread with a DC 50 Craft (Weaving) check.

Spin Everything

Your ability to spin materials into thread has surpassed the legends and lore. You are able to spin any material into thread regardless of hardness, and the resulting thread retains the hardness, value, and properties of the base material. This process will allow you to produce 60d6 gp/day with a DC 60 Craft (Weaving) check.

True Weaving

Your ability to weave even the finest of threads leads you to a greater understanding of the fundamental patterns that underlie all of Creation. Using both your arcane talent and weaving skills, you are able to spin the threads of the Weave itself into any spell known to you and to cast it anytime within the next 10 minutes, or weave it directly into an object made of thread to be cast at a later time. To do this, you must succeed at both a DC 75 Craft (Weaving) check and a DC 75 + spell level Spellcraft check. Failure of the Spellcraft check causes the Weave to lash out at you, striking you for 2d6 x level of spell attempted.

Anastasia

Do you mean for strengthen to stack with an item's existing hardness?
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Well, add to it, but that's the same thing. If everything has a hardness, even if it's 0, then it'd stack/be additional to work.