Loot thread 3: Booty, broads and booze!

Started by Anastasia, August 23, 2011, 02:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebiris

The issue is that when we hear your bard song, it affects us for as long as you sing + 5 rounds. So if you sing song A while time stopped then switch to song B, we'll hear you singing song B when time stop ends, but we'll have never heard song A.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on August 04, 2016, 01:59:37 PM
Okay, but the item says: if you create an area effect that lasts longer than 2 rounds, that effect applies normally once the duration of the item's effect expires.

Wouldn't bardic music count as being an area effect for the purposes of this? If not, it's still fine, I can do other things during the time stop and setup something else, so it's not a huge issue.

That's for something that's still there, like a fog cloud. The problem with bardic music is that if you cease to maintain it, there's nothing left to hear. No way for it to affect them in the first place. A fog cloud that's still there can start to affect them once the time stop's over.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

Okay, no problem.

So 86k/4 = 21500, which leaves Moore with 9724 gold.

Corwin

Quote from: Anastasia on August 03, 2016, 01:22:59 PM
Quote from: Corwin on August 02, 2016, 03:21:27 PM
I'm upgrading my Circlet of Magnificence +6 (50,000gp/200,000gp) to a Circlet of Magnificence +8 (100,000gp/400,000gp). That leaves me with 27,300.10gp.

Can I upgrade my Cord of Dispelling beyond +5? Would the pricing continue along the same formula as pre-epic?

It took like 3 or 4 links to track this down, so I'll paste the formula I'm using.

Spoiler: ShowHide
Turns out the MIC doesn't show its work (and is actually against it), so I ended up having to do this from scratch. I went with bonus squared times 1000. A +1 competence bonus to dispel checks is 1,000, +2 is 4,000, +3 is 9,000, +4 is 16,000 and +5 is 25,000 gold. The progression would continue to +6 and beyond in epic, I suppose.

I think the formula starts to break down and needs to be rejiggered. The early costs are fine, but as it goes, I feel the cost versus payout skews, particularly past +5. This is on me, but highsight's 20/20 and all that. Lemme get back to you on it tonight or tomorrow.

Meanwhile, my money is at 27,300.10gp+27,166.67gp (thanks for the tally, Eb) = 54,466.77gp
If you get back to me before we actually start the fight, I'd like to have retroactively upgraded my counterspell booster during our brief break.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Yuthirin

Somehow this didn't get posted last night, so I'm rebuilding it.

Tryll has 16,240 gold.

Calleigh sells her Circlet of Persuasion (purchased at full price at CC) +4500

Tryll now has 20,740 gold.

Tryll buys:

Power Stone: Time Hop 375 94
Psicrown: Astral Legion 47250 11,813
Dorje of Entangling Ectoplasm 750 188
Dorje of concealing amphora 4500 1125
Dorje of force screen 750 188
Dorje of detect hostile intent 4500 1125

These items are given to Calleigh.

Tryll now has 6,307 gold.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

I'm upgrading my Circlet of Magnificence +6 (50,000gp/200,000gp) to a Circlet of Magnificence +8 (100,000gp/400,000gp). That leaves me with 27,300.10gp.

Can I upgrade my Cord of Dispelling beyond +5? Would the pricing continue along the same formula as pre-epic?

It took like 3 or 4 links to track this down, so I'll paste the formula I'm using.

Turns out the MIC doesn't show its work (and is actually against it), so I ended up having to do this from scratch. I went with bonus squared times 1000. A +1 competence bonus to dispel checks is 1,000, +2 is 4,000, +3 is 9,000, +4 is 16,000 and +5 is 25,000 gold. The progression would continue to +6 and beyond in epic, I suppose.

I think the formula starts to break down and needs to be rejiggered. The early costs are fine, but as it goes, I feel the cost versus payout skews, particularly past +5. This is on me, but highsight's 20/20 and all that. Lemme get back to you on it tonight or tomorrow.

+6 is 50k, +7 is 80k, +8 is 120k, +9 is 170k, +10 is 230k.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Quote from: Anastasia on August 06, 2016, 01:13:13 PM

+6 is 50k, +7 is 80k, +8 is 120k, +9 is 170k, +10 is 230k.

Excellent! Dispelling Cord Mk. III +10 (57,500gp/230,000gp)

Funds:  54,466.77gp + 6,250gp - 57,500gp = 3,216.77gp

Anastasia

Loot from Lifasa

Willah's dress - This dress grants a +8 profane bonus to Charisma and a +1 bonus to a marshal's major auras.
Willah's ring - This sigil is hard to identify, it'll take effort. Tepen would like to remind you that you got a similar sigil from Yian: http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,101784.msg1035717/topicseen.html#msg1035717
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Barring our resident sages doing some wonders with analyze dweomer or legend lore we'll just ask Willah about the ring's properties when we interrogate her.

I guess Moore could try redeeming and then wearing the dress?

Nephrite

It would assuredly have to be made into something more fashionable.

EDIT: Moore would probably have Gold look at both of them, for what it's worth, to see if either of them can possibly be un-evil-fied.

Anastasia

Sigil of the Soulsworn

This ring is forged of hellfire blackened cold iron and aquamarines and is warm to the touch. When worn, this ring inflicts 2d6 points of fire damage per round to the wearer. When worn by a devil of the pit fiend caste or higher, the ring grants several benefits:

- +2 profane bonus to Charisma.
- Immunity to mind-affecting.
- At will, the wearer may cast charm monster as a swift action. This spell is heightened to 9th level. The caster level is 21.
- Three times per day, the wearer may cast blight as a swift action. This affects all eligible targets within 60ft. The caster level is 21.
- Once per day, the wearer may cast wish as a standard action. The caster level is 21.

When worn by a devil lower in rank than a pit fiend, they gain no benefit. When worn by a creature that is not a devil, they suffer the fire damage. Further, each round the wearer's maximum hit points decrease by one. This gradual loss is not noticed by the wearer, save as a faint lethargy. When reduced to zero hit points, the wearer dies and his soul is cast to the Spirit Gorge. The ring can be fooled by a successful DC 50 Use Magic Device check. If successful, the ring functions safely for nine hours.  As a side effect of wearing the sigil like this, the creature will radiate an aura of overwhelming evil and law. Further, they will be treated as a devil for the sake of effects.

The Sigil of the Soulsworn is a major artifact. Gold does not believe it to be intelligent, but he's fairly certain it's newly made.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Afina will buy A Grand Study of Ooze for 300 gold.

Hopefully it's about the plane and not about the creature type.

Nephrite

Moore will buy DUCKS and Brighter Brightwater for 850 gold.

Corwin

Apotheosis, Princess Love and WARMTH~

2k total

Iron Dragoon

Interested in the following:
Sandalphon's Amazing Barrage: This strange scroll is said to hold a powerful, legendary spell. However, it's been cursed shut and Filbrez just can't open it. 5,000 gold to the curious seeker who wants it.
Tonic of Purity: This tonic, once consumed, gives the imbiber immunity to non magical diseases. If consumed by a creature with the purity of body class feature, they gain immunity to magical and supernatural diseases instead. 50,000 gold.

Total of 55k. Leaves Surraruthru with 49,275 gold. Can I dictate what the doll looks like/is?
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.