News:

"Our arrogance is our power."

Main Menu

Ancient Discussion

Started by Anastasia, August 10, 2011, 11:16:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Yeah, it is. I'm not familiar with GITS - really assume that any anime since 2000 is a miss for me - and Assassins was more mystical in a modern setting.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Anastasia on August 11, 2011, 07:42:22 PM
Yeah, it is. I'm not familiar with GITS - really assume that any anime since 2000 is a miss for me - and Assassins was more mystical in a modern setting.

Start downloading, then! The Stand Alone Complex and S.A.C. 2 follow the movie pretty well, IIRC.

Honestly, GitS isn't that hard to figure out, really. Cyborg enhancements, corporations that have their own private military, and a semi-mystical programming language that's so advanced that it can spawn true AI spontaneously and copy the mind/soul of a human being. (Actually that last one sounds kinda complex.)

You hack people's brains and can overlay your own feeds into their senses. You can edit their memories, you can leave subconscious orders in their minds, ect. It's plenty of awesome.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Brian

I donno, Iddy.  That'd be kinda ... tricky to DM, I think.

What about a wuxia/fantasy setting?  Kind of like Avatar: the Last Airbender?  Or a generic fantasy anime, I suppose....
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Iron Dragoon

The deeper you get into it, the trickier it is, yeah. But no one says we have to go that deep. That was just a description of the anime.

Dracos

If it's not among dune's flavors, he'd be having as hard a time with it as if I tried running that Alt History one.  It'd go flat.
Well, Goodbye.

Iron Dragoon

Truth. I'm just tossing a bit of info out about it.

We could try the magical girl idea.. There's been lots of game ideas posted in that thread.

Dracos

Any that hook to you dune?
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

I'm working up a post to reply to all of this, it'll be up tonight or over the weekend.
<Afina> Forever.

VySaika

Posting interest in getting in a weekly game since me managing Bal3 doesn't look likely. Will depend entirely on what it is, but figured I'd throw this out there. As a note I do have like 0 interest in Alt History(especially anything WW2 related), and while I generally prefer to be the good guys, I could manage an assassins/evil peeps/whatever game. Magical girls could also work.
All About Monks
<Marisa> They're OP as fuck
<Marisa> They definitely don't blow in 3.5
<Marisa> after a certain level they basically just attack repeatedly until it dies
<Marisa> they're immune to a bunch of high level effects
<Marisa> just by being monks

Dracos

Ooh, gate was fun to play with.  *swings gate around* This paw of mine is burning red!  It tells dragons WHAT'S UP BITCHES?

=D

I also prefer the good guys. :)  Since I was poked on it, I am fine with a kill nazi zombies pulp game, but yeah...kinda prefer along the lines of this one that we just closed really :P eep.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

How about we split the difference?

We play a bunch of magical girl assassins who are going after Nazis.
<Afina> Forever.

VySaika

...I...think I'd actually play that. Despite the WW2 setting.
All About Monks
<Marisa> They're OP as fuck
<Marisa> They definitely don't blow in 3.5
<Marisa> after a certain level they basically just attack repeatedly until it dies
<Marisa> they're immune to a bunch of high level effects
<Marisa> just by being monks

Halbarad

That... actually works surprisingly well. I kind of wanted to revive my NTA concept since I didn't get to do much with it, and she's Russian, which works quite well for murdering Nazis.
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Dracos

...That's whack.

I'm in.  Roll it.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Assuming everyone's on board with this, I'll have more information in a week or two. I'm starting a new game as it is right now, my prep cycles are sorely limited. You have some time to ponder over character ideas.

Comments, suggestions, questions and death threats welcome.
<Afina> Forever.