News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

Ancient Discussion

Started by Anastasia, August 10, 2011, 11:16:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

Suggestion A)Tristat again.  it was seriously a pleasant relief not to rule wrangle for a while :)
Suggestion B)More traits, they were fun.
Suggestion C)Keep your additions from this game.  More magic regen and regular fighting is actually a nice bit.  Having EP be less valuable than HP is a good place for it and encourages using special moves.

Dibs on a Muscle/Presence style build.  *is already thinking that over*

Gate said he wanted genki martial arts assassin too.
Well, Goodbye.

VySaika

Kicking around two character ideas at the moment, both of which fill teh same party roll(The Big Guy).

1) American or Canadian martial arts chick(maybe fists, maybe staff). Definately focused and serious type, not too horribly comfortable with the job but willing to do it anyway for her country.

2) Scottish sword chick. Let's go stereotypes! Cheerful, happy and energetic as she smashes everything apart with a freaking claymore.

Not sure which I like more yet.
All About Monks
<Marisa> They're OP as fuck
<Marisa> They definitely don't blow in 3.5
<Marisa> after a certain level they basically just attack repeatedly until it dies
<Marisa> they're immune to a bunch of high level effects
<Marisa> just by being monks

Dracos

<Dracos2> Yukari=Stealth.
<Kuyou> That lets me focus on movement and survivability.
<Dracos2> Dracos=Power
<Dracos2> Gate=Skill
<Dracos2> Kuyou=OhGodEveryoneJustDied
<Yukari-sama> Kuyou = cleanup.
<Dracos2> Iddy=Tech?
<Kuyou> We have no medic.
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

My actual concept isn't fully solidified yet.  My initial idea was 'horrible loli assasin' (I mean, we _are_ killing Nazis), but....

I'm going to go with the idea that she is descended from Baba Yaga (which technically makes her a witch of sorts), or just believes she is.  This is the unflinching, unsmiling, never laughing stoic character that seems to have no sense of humor and doesn't bat an eyelash at anything.  She's Russian, and likely to start out partnered with Yukari's character because of complimentary skill/power sets (if the GM is okay with that).

Powers would be devoted to defense and movement, so this character would be good for moving people around a battlefield, and generally luring/herding enemies into traps (or moving allies out of danger).  Since we have damage covered, possibly a debuff or mild illusory power to help in moving enemies around.

That's my rough concept, though I can refine it if any of this feels unworkable.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Dracos

Too be clear, I'm currently pondering up an american ruffian, focused on presence/power, likely the result of American biogenetics labs (Captain America style).  A very straightforward character that basically acts as a front line and tears open tanks.  "Subtlety?  Uh...I'm really not very good at that."  "We heard there might be...Oh, I see them, just look for the one that's like two feet taller than everyone and just shoot in that direction.  The others are probably there too."  "We just shot her like six times, how come she's still standing?"  If there's room, I'll go with lightning punch magic, but that depends on what power level/trait amount we're looking for.

Nymm....

Should I write more?  I'll hit post...and then write a stronger concept.
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Currently:

Drac: American
Kuyou: Russian
Yukari: Russian
Gate: ???
Iddy: ???
Well, Goodbye.

VySaika

So how would people feel about deliberately Five Man Banding it up in here? It's one of my favorite tropes, and a magical girl game seems a good place for it.

Personally, I prefer the Big Guy or Lancer roles, though I will do Chick or even Smart Guy when I need to. Only role I avoid like the plague is Hero. Muuuuuuuch more comfortable in a supporting role, and perfectly willing to help others with thier plots rather then pursue my own.

For my ideas thus far...really, Martial Arts Chick or Swordgirl could fill either Big Guy or Lancer, I'd just have to make them a bit brighter then originally intended to pull of Lancer. Not a big deal if Drac really wants the Big Guy slot.
All About Monks
<Marisa> after a certain level they basically just attack repeatedly until it dies

Halbarad

Just to clarify my concept (since not everyone's familiar with the old assassins game), my character's basically a blind girl with the ability to manipulate light - she can make herself invisible, and was basically trained to be an untraceable but very noticeable assassin - it's really obvious when she makes a hit.

In the original concept she was trained by (and escaped from) the Russian mafia, but here it'd be workable to have her as part of some kind of Russian super-soldier or black ops program.

EDIT: In the Five Man Band concept, oddly she'd probably wind up as the Chick. Despite the assassin training, she's actually a fairly gentle person; she's just got some weird dissonance when it comes to killing people that need to be killed.
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Dracos

A Five Bad band? ^_~

Yeah, I'm kind of going for the Big Girl/Brute.

Sounds like we'd have a pretty eccentric group to quite match up with a five man.  I suspect Iddy will be gunner/genius, but I could be totally wrong as he's not even awake yet.
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Suggestion: Also Zombies and Gypsy/Magical Scientist Nazis should totally be a go too :P
Well, Goodbye.

VySaika

This...still may change, but for no go ahead and put me down for the Scottish Swordgirl. Drac, thee and me can talk out stuff when chargen happens to make sure we're not stepping on eachothers toes at all.
All About Monks

Dracos

Sure.

Drac: American Ruffian Big Girl, Magic style: Lightning Punch
Yukari: Stealthy Russian Assassin, Magic style: Light Manipulation
Brian: Russian Legacy Witch of Yaga Baba, Magic style: SOUND and FURY
Gate: Scottish Swordsgirl of dancing awesome, Magic Style: ???
Iddy:???
Corwin: ??? *jests*
Well, Goodbye.

VySaika

Magic style...try wind sword? Brian and Hal have Sound and Light duo, so we can do Wind/Lightning duo!
All About Monks

Dracos

*low fives* :D  Awesome

Drac: American Ruffian Big Girl, Magic style: Lightning Punch
Yukari: Stealthy Russian Assassin, Magic style: Light Manipulation
Brian: Russian Legacy Witch of Yaga Baba, Magic style: SOUND and FURY
Gate: Scottish Swordsgirl of dancing awesome, Magic Style: Wind Sword
Iddy:???
Corwin: ??? *jests*
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

Actually ... I think it's more interesting if we have all the magic, and the bad guys have either a different kind of magic entirely (zombies are fun), or superscience that we hate for different reasons.  :3
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~