"Why do you call it soulriders?"
"Because we grind your souls, hopes, and dreams down ... and ride the wave."

Main Menu

Draft notice instructions

Started by Anastasia, August 26, 2011, 12:22:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Character generation

As far as characters are concerned, relevant rules follow.

1. 18 or older. Let's aim to all be adults here - more Charlie's Angels girl power show than Sailor Moon. There's probably some cognitive dissonance with magical girls and being legal, but work with it as best you can. The game starts in 1950; more information about the game world will be forthcoming for flavor purposes.

2. Any nationality or background is fine. Be creative and feel free to draw on myths for flavor.

3. The 40s are a rather un-PC time, to put it lightly. I'm looking for period flavor and a fairly fun game. I'm not looking for endless wallowing in the horrible genocide of the Jews or the fact that nigger is still an acceptable term. So let's not worry about social issues too much here, okay? This means no Gandhi turned into a magical girl or Rosa Parks as PCs, but it's a price we all must pay.

4. All of you are going to be part of the 1st Allied Special Ops unit. Your commanding officer will Major General Haxton Briggs, US Army. Each you have a commission as a captain or captain equivalent in one of the Allied armies.

5. A few NPCs for reference in your backstory is fine, but they're just that - backstory. Keep that in mind.

6. The system used is going to be the same one that Looming used, with a few small alterations. Try to focus on being useful without being nuts. Each of you have a total of 24 points to put between your three attributes.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?