News:

"I sense a soul in search of answers.  I shalt eat him."

Main Menu

Form 369 MAG: Magical girl requests for further information forms

Started by Anastasia, August 26, 2011, 12:25:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

The general question and discussion thread. Toss your questions into here.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

If you wonder about something you feel should be known, say so! Due to the hurricane and the hurricane prep required for it, I did a bit of a rush job on this. If you see me fucking up, say so. It's cool.

Looming veterans: The rules are more the less the same with a few tweaks. Recovery's boosted and a bit of emphasis is added to a few rules.
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

Question:

Can it be 3 Traits, 1 Flaw, 1 Magic?

or if we want it limited: 2 Traits, 1 Flaw, 1 Magic (so it's mandated we take a magic).  I'd kind of like a little more flex room for char desc (matched with hopefully less sudden growth of new abilities in the game), but that might be just me.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

It's three traits. How you spend those traits and weave your magic is up to you. But yes, you should assume to have some magic since you are magical girls.

If you guys end up limited by three traits I'll toss you another one. We'll see how it goes.
<Afina> Forever.

VySaika

Are we having a standard origin for the magic powers? Given by a mystic beast, government secret project, reincarnations of planetary princesess, whatever? Or are we supposed to each have unique reasons for having magical powers?
All About Monks
<Marisa> They're OP as fuck
<Marisa> They definitely don't blow in 3.5
<Marisa> after a certain level they basically just attack repeatedly until it dies
<Marisa> they're immune to a bunch of high level effects
<Marisa> just by being monks

Dracos

Went with unique myself, but I can try and work in something.

It'd be hard to picture 'standard' with international origins.  But then I guess Sailor Moon did it.
Well, Goodbye.

VySaika

Fair enough. Kinda came up with a unique thing for myself after asking this anyway. <_<
All About Monks
<Marisa> They're OP as fuck
<Marisa> They definitely don't blow in 3.5
<Marisa> after a certain level they basically just attack repeatedly until it dies
<Marisa> they're immune to a bunch of high level effects
<Marisa> just by being monks

Brian

Quote from: Gatewalker on August 26, 2011, 01:28:14 AMAre we having a standard origin for the magic powers? Given by a mystic beast, government secret project, reincarnations of planetary princesess, whatever? Or are we supposed to each have unique reasons for having magical powers?
Was waiting to start my backstory until I could ask this question myself.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Anastasia

I leave this question to your discretion. If you guys want a united power source origin I'll give you one. If you want to be assorted magical girls from unrelated sources, that's fine too. The premise supports either.
<Afina> Forever.

Halbarad

Quote from: Dracos on August 26, 2011, 01:06:00 AM
Question:

Can it be 3 Traits, 1 Flaw, 1 Magic?

or if we want it limited: 2 Traits, 1 Flaw, 1 Magic (so it's mandated we take a magic).  I'd kind of like a little more flex room for char desc (matched with hopefully less sudden growth of new abilities in the game), but that might be just me.

I'm kind of running into this as well. I can define the character I want if we do 3 traits/1 magic or 4 traits, but I'm finding I need to cut out part of the character concept if I have to fit it in just 3.
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Brian

Quote from: Halbarad on August 26, 2011, 02:52:56 PMI'm kind of running into this as well. I can define the character I want if we do 3 traits/1 magic or 4 traits, but I'm finding I need to cut out part of the character concept if I have to fit it in just 3.
Hate to say 'me too', but... >_>;;  I'd like more skills for flavor (well, just one, really).  I'm looking at 1 magic, 1 skill at awesome-level, and two passive traits (tough and fast).  Trying to pick between the last three....  Erg.

~exploding tag~

Dracos

A basic big events timeline would be really nice.

1941: Pearl Harbor Happened
1942: Russia conquered or whatever.

Doing a fairly 'react to current events' backstory, so it'd be convenient if I have a way to remain on script :)
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

* Brian eyes Drac's post.

...yeah, that. >_>

Every good idea, someone else had first. :p

~exploding tag~

Dracos

Also, um...what's the restrictions on equipment/gear?

I didn't write any down yet but really, it is WW2 era and we're adults working for a military as special forces.  They'd give us all guns, at least. I was thinking of just jotting down a shotgun for Kunia, but figure this should go through a question pass beforehand.  I suppose there's the question of normal equipment, but really I suspect it's the 'Hey I'm carrying a rocket launcher or a sniper rifle' that bears any questioning.
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Hum.

Where along the costume/clothing axis are we?

A - Far end: Magical girl costuming!  Skirts, Lace, Ladeda.
B - Close: Impractical/comfortable stylistic clothing.  "You're wearing a cloth shirt and a cowboy hat out to the war?  A leather biker jacket?  Really?"
C - We're dressed as soldiers/mercs?  Not formalized, but also not a 'what's that doing a battlefield?'
D - Close: Long skirts in olive green.
E - Other far end: Here's your helmet, long pants, body armor, all in olive green.  Practical is the nature of the game.

Personal vote would be for A or B.
Well, Goodbye.