News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

Form 369 MAG: Magical girl requests for further information forms

Started by Anastasia, August 26, 2011, 12:25:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

1. Okay, let's bump things up to 4 traits then.

2. A timeline will be coming shortly.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Gate's sheet:

I upped traits to 4, you're entitled to another one.

I'd recommend 20 EP for Fragarach's truth telling power? It's reasonably useful in this sort of game and gives you great ability as an interrogator.

I like the dance idea, it's an interesting and varied mechanic for your attacks.

Sheet generally looks good. Let me come back to it after I've compared it to a few other sheets to get a grasp of what power level we're working at here.

<Afina> Forever.

VySaika

Yeah, completely blanking on what to take for another trait though. EP boost(since boy will I need it)? DCV boost to stack with Ancient Lineage for maximum "can't touch this~" when against the wall? Active wind control that goes beyond her attacks? I've got a few options, just kinda kicking 'em around right now.
All About Monks
<Marisa> They're OP as fuck
<Marisa> They definitely don't blow in 3.5
<Marisa> after a certain level they basically just attack repeatedly until it dies
<Marisa> they're immune to a bunch of high level effects
<Marisa> just by being monks

Anastasia

Iddy, you're also short a trait.

How exactly do you mean for a flechette round to work, or a +1 armor piercing round? Also define camouflage a little better- that's what I really want here, some more detail with how your abilities are supposed to work.  Is the armor piercer simply supposed to penetrate armor? Does the bleeding flechette round do ongoing damage?

Also note what ability ties to each trait.
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

Quote from: Gatewalker on August 26, 2011, 08:36:35 PM
Yeah, completely blanking on what to take for another trait though. EP boost(since boy will I need it)? DCV boost to stack with Ancient Lineage for maximum "can't touch this~" when against the wall? Active wind control that goes beyond her attacks? I've got a few options, just kinda kicking 'em around right now.

I'd suggest DCV boost if you're going to be an evade tank.  A default of 7 would make you really hard to hit normally and 9 would mean that you'd go to nearly impossible.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

I like the sonics idea.

Quote-- Aural Awareness: The ability to pick out sounds over great distance with unnering accuracy, without letting intervening people hear.

This one I don't quite get. You say you have the ability to pick out sounds over great distance, like you have super-human hearing. That's fine...but how would that effect the intervening people? I suspect I'm missing what you mean here.

Discordance sounds like momentary confusion, like for a round's duration as far as combat goes? I'd recommend 10 points for EP cost.

Disruption reminds me a bit of that one move in Dragon Quest where you sacrifice all your MP for one super-attack. I'm not sure I'd go that far, but you're painting it to cost a bucket load of EP as a desperation move. I'd recommend making it cost a lot, but add a penalty to the target's DCV roll.

Do you mean for Resiliently Resilient to be a mechanical effect, like damage reduction or a shield, or more of just she doesn't feel pain?

Speed of Sound looks good, the normal version shouldn't cost a lot of EP 5-10, depending. The muffled version obviously sounds like much more of a strain.

Looks fine overall.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Drac's sheet.

2 mind? Bear in mind human average is 4, so 2 will mean you're rather slow.

Overwhelming strength is fine.

Amazing durability is fine.

Shock Shield strikes me as too good an offensive spoiler to have 4 uses like that.

<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

Yeah. Kunia never finished high school, and generally didn't do well in it.

How many uses do you think are sensible?  Or should it be Half ACV?
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Suggestion: We really should put Effect and EP cost for everything.  It makes things more comparable.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Hal's sheet.

Your abilities look fine, they're largely recycled so I'm already familiar with them. I don't have a lot to say simply because of this, everything looks solid. What does need to be said is setting EP costs for a few abilities.
<Afina> Forever.

Halbarad

Quote from: Anastasia on August 26, 2011, 10:06:27 PM
Hal's sheet.

Your abilities look fine, they're largely recycled so I'm already familiar with them. I don't have a lot to say simply because of this, everything looks solid. What does need to be said is setting EP costs for a few abilities.

I'm thinking that all of the light magic abilities would need associated EP costs. Invisibility would be fairly pricey as it takes a lot of work to set up, Flash medium-level, the knives have an activation cost and either no or minimal cost to maintain once it's on?

(20/10/10+0 per round or 5+1 per round respectively).
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Anastasia

Quote from: Dracos on August 26, 2011, 09:08:57 PM

Okay, as long as you're aware of what you're getting into.

I'm not sure. Preventative defensive abilities like that are hard to balance well. Let me think about it.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Halbarad on August 26, 2011, 10:09:15 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on August 26, 2011, 10:06:27 PM
Hal's sheet.

I'm thinking that all of the light magic abilities would need associated EP costs. Invisibility would be fairly pricey as it takes a lot of work to set up, Flash medium-level, the knives have an activation cost and either no or minimal cost to maintain once it's on?

(20/10/10+0 per round or 5+1 per round respectively).

Something like that looks fine.
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

Quote from: Anastasia on August 26, 2011, 10:11:08 PM
Quote from: Dracos on August 26, 2011, 09:08:57 PM

Okay, as long as you're aware of what you're getting into.

I'm not sure. Preventative defensive abilities like that are hard to balance well. Let me think about it.

Just making sure we're on the same page: Attacks do still hurt and it is only melee attacks it affects.  So it's not "You hit me in this mode and I take no damage and you take ACV, ha ha." :)
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

QuoteI like the sonics idea.
Yay~!  It's gone through some mutations, but I'm ... mostly happy with this implimentation.
Quote-- Aural Awareness: The ability to pick out sounds over great distance with unnering accuracy, without letting intervening people hear.
This one I don't quite get. You say you have the ability to pick out sounds over great distance, like you have super-human hearing. That's fine...but how would that effect the intervening people? I suspect I'm missing what you mean here.
Simplified this one to basically super-hearing. 

Will Aural Awareness need an EP cost, or is it just going to be a passive bonus to hearing-related perception checks?  (Which are ... mind, I think?)
QuoteDiscordance sounds like momentary confusion, like for a round's duration as far as combat goes? I'd recommend 10 points for EP cost.
A round sounds fine; with evacuation I shouldn't need more, so 10 EP works great for me.
QuoteDisruption reminds me a bit of that one move in Dragon Quest where you sacrifice all your MP for one super-attack. I'm not sure I'd go that far, but you're painting it to cost a bucket load of EP as a desperation move. I'd recommend making it cost a lot, but add a penalty to the target's DCV roll.
That's ... not really what I had in mind, but I kind of like your idea better.  I really explained it poorly, so to expand: As part of her breaking-and-entering backstory, she uses this skill to break locks (if they're able to harmonize easily, which is brittle metals) or other barriers.  Using it as an attack was supposed to be a 'not really meant for this, but if you push for it' kind of effect.

If I tone it up to what you suggest, then it'd be basically a limited sonic magical-girl welding torch, useful for breaking-and-entering -- probably 5-8 EP to try and break something crystaline (ceramic, metals, glass) as a non-combat ability, and then a 'desperation' overload trying to resonate against a living target which can just drop me down to 10 EP (minimum cost of, say, 30?  So I couldn't use this with less than 40 EP)

Is this too much?  Hehe, I really hope I'm not being twinkish; not sure of the limits of things.
QuoteDo you mean for Resiliently Resilient to be a mechanical effect, like damage reduction or a shield, or more of just she doesn't feel pain?
It's basically just toughness with the special effect of a sonic forcefield.

I kind of ... put too much backstory straight into my character sheet, here, I think. :p
QuoteSpeed of Sound looks good, the normal version shouldn't cost a lot of EP 5-10, depending. The muffled version obviously sounds like much more of a strain.
Okay, so 5 EP for Kat, 10 for her and a passenger?
QuoteLooks fine overall.
Glad the idea was sound.

Edit: BTW, what was the cost on muffling?  If it's AoE for stealth, I had wanted it to be variable, so walking would be easier to suppress than, say, gunfire (or cost less).
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~