News:

Populated by the admins and moderators of your other favorite sites!

Main Menu

Form 369 MAG: Magical girl requests for further information forms

Started by Anastasia, August 26, 2011, 12:25:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Dracos on August 26, 2011, 06:04:15 PM
Also, um...what's the restrictions on equipment/gear?

I didn't write any down yet but really, it is WW2 era and we're adults working for a military as special forces.  They'd give us all guns, at least. I was thinking of just jotting down a shotgun for Kunia, but figure this should go through a question pass beforehand.  I suppose there's the question of normal equipment, but really I suspect it's the 'Hey I'm carrying a rocket launcher or a sniper rifle' that bears any questioning.

This would probably be best left to me to do, honestly. Give me a couple days, maybe until after I get back to Afghanistan, and I'll have a list of typical equipment, clothing, and weapons/ammo. Most everything is going to be pretty standard, but I'll give some options on the weapons and stuff.

If anyone wants something specific, let me know and I'll dig something up.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Iron Dragoon

Dune, I'll leave this here because you're passing out in-channel, to be answered later.

What's your feeling on my taking two +2 ACV traits? Left it up to a Hatbot roll, and it seems he wants me to smash things. Which is rare for Hatty <.<

If not, what do you think of a Sixth Sense/Hyper Visual Acuity trait that gives me like say, +2 or +4 on Mind Checks to notice things?

Dracos

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on August 27, 2011, 02:05:40 AM

I didn't write any down yet but really, it is WW2 era and we're adults working for a military as special forces.  They'd give us all guns, at least. I was thinking of just jotting down a shotgun for Kunia, but figure this should go through a question pass beforehand.  I suppose there's the question of normal equipment, but really I suspect it's the 'Hey I'm carrying a rocket launcher or a sniper rifle' that bears any questioning.

This would probably be best left to me to do, honestly. Give me a couple days, maybe until after I get back to Afghanistan, and I'll have a list of typical equipment, clothing, and weapons/ammo. Most everything is going to be pretty standard, but I'll give some options on the weapons and stuff.

Well, probably convenient, but I think we need Dune's vote on where we should be aiming between Lace and Professional.
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on August 27, 2011, 02:23:44 AM
Dune, I'll leave this here because you're passing out in-channel, to be answered later.

What's your feeling on my taking two +2 ACV traits? Left it up to a Hatbot roll, and it seems he wants me to smash things. Which is rare for Hatty <.<

If not, what do you think of a Sixth Sense/Hyper Visual Acuity trait that gives me like say, +2 or +4 on Mind Checks to notice things?

Seems kinda broken *yammers even though he's not dune*  Wouldn't it be better to find some other way to flesh out your character, perhaps in a non-combat sense.  Even so, it'd only raise your average accuracy to maybe 55-65 percent.
Well, Goodbye.

Iron Dragoon

Alright, Dune and I already kinda talked about a list of standard equipment. I offered to write it up since, ya know, it's kinda my thing, and he said go for it. I've mashed up a standardized list for Medics and Riflemen. I excluded people like Gunners, Mortar-men, and Grenadiers because those guys just have small changes to like weapon types and ammo types. And really, I can list that stuff off the top of my head when/if we need it.   

There'll be some variation based on country, but pretty much it's just a different name/style/look for the same stuff. Like Russians would get thicker socks, gloves, coats, hats, and better insulated goggles because, ya know. Snow and stuff.

The reason I split this way (and why I did it at all) is more for everyone to get a better feel of what the world of soldiering is like and what the soldiers we meet will look like/be carrying (phat lewts! And yeah, kinda serious about that. Let us know what we can scrounge and what we can't.) I'm not going into explaining the designations (M-whatever), if you're *that* interested, google it. But you can ask me in-channel what everything is used for and I can explain it, if you want.

Heres the Medic one:
Spoiler: ShowHide

CLOTHING WORN
M2 D-bale helmet complete w/ jump liner, wool knit cap and 1/4" helmet net
M42 Jumpsuit (Standard or Reinforced) w/ suspenders (Impregnated on outside w/ AA patch on left and U.S. flag on right sleeve)
M37 Wool uniform w/ web belt
ID tags w/ tape
OD or White undershirt
OD Boxers
Light wool socks
Paratrooper boots

EQUIPMENT IN POCKETS
M2 Switchblade w/ lanyard - Knife Pocket
Sulphadiazine - Right Chest Pocket
Notebook, matches or lighter and 2 Pencils - Left Chest Pocket
24 sheets of toilet paper - Left Chest Pocket
100 Halazone tablets - Left Chest Pocket
12 Atabrine tablets - Left Chest Pocket
Extra medical items - Right Coat Pocket
Extra medical items - Right Coat Pocket
Compass - Trousers Pocket or on belt
Extra medical items - Left Coat Pocket
First-aid packet, belt pouch - Right Trousers Pocket
Handkerchief - Right Hip Pocket
2 Meals "K" ration - Right Leg Pocket
3 Meals "D" ration - Left Leg Pocket
M-10 Spoon - Right Leg Pocket
Soap and Razor - Left Leg Pocket
1 Meal "K" ration - Left Leg Pocket
Pay Card and Immunization Record - Right Chest Pocket
Prophylactics (2) - Right Chest Pocket

SUSPENDED FROM BELT (listed from right front to rear to left front)
M1936 pistol belt w/ M1936 suspenders
M1943 entrenching tool w/ cover
M1910 canteen filled w/ cover and cup
M1910 canteen filled w/ cover
M3 trench knife w/ M6 scabbard

MEDIC EQUIPMENT
M1920 Suspenders
2 M1932 Pouches w/ 2 cantle straps and 1 litter strap
*Left Pouch*
Insert Type II with lace: Each 1
Vial, Hard Rubber, 1/2 Oz. Black: 6 Each Containing
-Pill, Compound, Cathartic
-Tablet, Mixture, Glycyrrhiza & Opium Compound
-Tablet, Acetophenetidin
-Tablet, Ipeca & Opium Powder
-Tablet, Quinine Sulfate
-Sixth Vial is a reserve component
Scissors, Bandage: Each 1
Dressing, First-aid, Small, White: Each 2
Bandage, Gauze, Compressed, White, 3-in x 6 yds: Each 4
Bandage, Triangular, Compressed: Each 1
Packet, Ammonia Inhalants: Each 1
Box Morphine tartrate, 5 syrettes
Packet, Sulfanilamide (containing 5 envelopes): Each 1
Set, Eye, Dressing: Each 1
Set, Burn, Injury: Each 1
Emergency Medical Tags: Each 1 (Carried in jumpsuit pocket)
*Right Pouch* (Extra medic armband pinned to bag)
Dressing, First-aid, Small, White
Dressing, First-aid, Large, White
Bandage, Gauze, Compressed, White, 3-in x 6 yds
Box Morphine tartrate, 5 syrettes
Ampule of serum-albumen: Each 1
Parachute medical kit (Rigger-made) (attached to D-rings on M1936 suspenders)
Plasma, Unit (or 2 Pre-mixed): Each 1
Dressing, First-aid, Small, White: Each 10-15
Dressing, First-aid, Large, White: Each 8-10
Bandage, Gauze, Compress: Each 8
Bandage, Gauze, Vasiline, Sterile: Each 4
Packet, Sulfanilamide (containing 5 envelopes): Each 4
Box Morphine tartrate, 5 syrettes: Each 8-10
(Personal Note: Stuff bags with as much as they can hold)

CARRIED IN FIELD BAG
2x M42 Jumpsuit (Standard or Reinforced) w/ suspenders (Impregnated on outside w/ AA patch on left and U.S. flag on right sleeve)
3x M37 Wool uniform w/ web belt
7x OD or White undershirt
7x OD Boxers
7x Light wool socks
M1936 Mussette bag
Raincoat
Light wool socks (3-4 pair)
Huck Towel
Bottle of insecticide
3 Meals "D" ration
Toiletries
Personal Effects

OTHER EQUIPMENT
Parachutist First-aid Packet (Tied to left from suspenders or lower leg)
M5 Gas mask w/ bag and accessories (Under left arm or on either thigh)
Let down rope (Tied to rear of pistol belt)

PARACHUTE ASSEMBLY
T-5 Parachute Harness
B-4 Mae West life preserver

Heres the Rifleman:
Spoiler: ShowHide

CLOTHING WORN
M2 D-bale helmet complete w/ jump liner, wool knit cap and 1/4" helmet net
M42 jumpsuit w/ suspenders (Impregnated on outside w/ AA patch on left and Invasion flag on right sleeve and vesicant paint on right cuff)
M37 wool uniform w/ web belt
ID tags w/ tape
OD or White undershirt
OD Boxers
Light wool socks
Paratrooper boots

EQUIPMENT IN POCKETS
M2 Switchblade w/ lanyard - Knife Pocket
Sulphadiazine - Right Chest Pocket
Notebook, matches or lighter and 2 Pencils - Left Chest Pocket
24 sheets of toilet paper - Left Chest Pocket
100 Halazone tablets - Left Chest Pocket
12 Atabrine tablets - Left Chest Pocket
MK-II frag grenade - Right Coat Pocket
MK-II frag grenade - Right Coat Pocket
Compass - Trousers Pocket or on belt
Gammon grenade(1# comp. C) - Left Coat Pocket
First-aid packet, belt pouch - Right Trousers Pocket
Handkerchief - Right Hip Pocket
2 Meals "K" ration - Right Leg Pocket
3 Meals "D" ration - Left Leg Pocket
M-10 Spoon - Right Leg Pocket
Cleaning patches - Left Leg Pocket
Soap and Razor - Left Leg Pocket
1 Meal "K" ration - Left Leg Pocket
Pay Card and Immunization Record - Right Chest Pocket
Prophylactics (2) - Right Chest Pocket
Wire (2 six inch lengths) - Left Trousers Pocket (for safety pins in mines & booby traps)

SUSPENDED FROM BELT (listed from right front to rear to left front)
M1936 pistol belt w/ M1936 suspenders
2 Rigger pouches w/ ammunition
M1910 canteen filled w/ cover and cup
1 Rigger Pouch w/ ammunition
M1943 entrenching tool w/ cover
Bayonet scabbard
2 Rigger pouches w/ ammunition

WEAPON
M-1 Garand
Bayonet (in rifle case)

CARRIED IN FIELD BAG
2x M42 Jumpsuit (Standard or Reinforced) w/ suspenders (Impregnated on outside w/ AA patch on left and U.S. flag on right sleeve)
3x M37 Wool uniform w/ web belt
7x OD or White undershirt
7x OD Boxers
7x Light wool socks
M1936 Mussette bag
Composition "C"
Raincoat
Huck Towel
Bottle of insecticide
3 Meals "D" ration

OTHER EQUIPMENT
Parachutist First-aid Packet (Tied to left from suspenders or lower leg)
M5 Gas mask w/ bag and accessories (Under left arm or on either thigh)
M3 trench knife w/ M6 scabbard (Strapped to right ankle with utility strap)
2 Ammunition bandoleers w/ ammunition (Slung across chest)

PARACHUTE ASSEMBLY
T-5 Parachute Harness
B-4 Mae West life preserver
Rifle case

For a better idea of what it all is/looks like:
http://a7.idata.over-blog.com/0/39/65/84/3/GI-uniform-ww2.jpg
http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?81050-WWII-uniforms-equipment-and-gear

Like I said, this is mostly for flavor, but could have it's uses for loot purposes. Anyway, it looks like I did a lot of work, but I really didn't. They made us learn this stuff back in boot camp so we knew how good we had it compared to the ye olden days. I just had to find the website that listed everything again =p

Dracos

Heh, interesting, but still waiting to hear where dune wants us along the fantastical/practical axis.

Also, since there's no disaster: What are we thinking for when "All Sheets Finalized?" and "Start Date?"

Any word from Zeph or mindless or are they not in?
Well, Goodbye.

VySaika

I'd vote away from the practical/realistic side of the scale, myself. Not into full on costumes/lace/sparkles category, but just shy of it works.
All About Monks
<Marisa> They're OP as fuck
<Marisa> They definitely don't blow in 3.5
<Marisa> after a certain level they basically just attack repeatedly until it dies
<Marisa> they're immune to a bunch of high level effects
<Marisa> just by being monks

Dracos

Huh, I thought I asked  that but I don't see the question.  Maybe I posted it to the wrong topic and deleted it without moving it.

Formal asking:

Hey dune, where do you want us to fall between 'Lace, Sparkles, etc' and 'Here is your official military uniform, body armor, helmet, haircut, grenade, weaponry, etc'?

I'd be good anywhere between 'Stylized Character Fashion' and 'Valkyria Chronicles tier/modified uniforms'.  I'll set up my equipment desc to match though.

man, mind is sleepy today.
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Hey Zeph's char is up!  Yay Zeph! =D

Heh, man, next one almost should be 8,8,8.

Hyper Specialized, Specialized, slightly Specialized, Average, Average, ...Super Average?   The stats are getting way more normal as each new char goes up :)  Well, normal for 'On average, twice as smart, strong, and spiritually gifted as a normal person'.  Hum, we probably should be aware of that at, I mean the latter trio outshine a normal person in all areas.  *pretends he's not blathering*

I should write more backstory.  Backstory, Ho~!
Well, Goodbye.

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Dracos on August 29, 2011, 03:19:34 PM
Huh, I thought I asked  that but I don't see the question.  Maybe I posted it to the wrong topic and deleted it without moving it.

Formal asking:

Hey dune, where do you want us to fall between 'Lace, Sparkles, etc' and 'Here is your official military uniform, body armor, helmet, haircut, grenade, weaponry, etc'?

I'd be good anywhere between 'Stylized Character Fashion' and 'Valkyria Chronicles tier/modified uniforms'.  I'll set up my equipment desc to match though.

I too, think we shouldn't goo *too* deep into equipment stuff. Like I said, I primarily did that list up so everyone has a reference of what kind of stuff we *could* find on a soldier in the field. Just so we can't go up to one and be like, "Hey, ammo." "Here's 1000 rounds!" Like I said, it was mostly flavor type stuff.

I think we're able to find a happy medium ;)

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on August 27, 2011, 02:23:44 AMDune, I'll leave this here because you're passing out in-channel, to be answered later.

Let's not overload ACV completely. Sixth Sense or HVA would be fine.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Quote from: Dracos on August 27, 2011, 05:43:28 PM
Quote from: Iron Dragoon on August 27, 2011, 02:05:40 AM

Well, probably convenient, but I think we need Dune's vote on where we should be aiming between Lace and Professional.

Up to you guys - I'm playing up the military angle, but there's nothing wrong with you guys playing up the magical girl angle. It provides good contrast and comedic opportunities.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Dracos on August 29, 2011, 01:06:00 PM
Heh, interesting, but still waiting to hear where dune wants us along the fantastical/practical axis.

Also, since there's no disaster: What are we thinking for when "All Sheets Finalized?" and "Start Date?"

Any word from Zeph or mindless or are they not in?

I'm not sure yet on a start date, we shall see. Probably the week of September 12th-ish. That and the exact day and scheduling are still to be determined.

I know Zeph posted, any sign of Mindless?
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on August 29, 2011, 03:42:52 PM
Quote from: Dracos on August 29, 2011, 03:19:34 PM

Formal asking:

I too, think we shouldn't goo *too* deep into equipment stuff. Like I said, I primarily did that list up so everyone has a reverence of what kind of stuff we *could* find on a soldier in the field. Just so we can't go up to one and be like, "Hey, ammo." "Here's 1000 rounds!" Like I said, it was mostly flavor type stuff.

I think we're able to find a happy medium ;)

Agreed. Verisimilitude is good, getting wrapped up into re-enactment levels of WW2 detail isn't.
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

Well, more just asking for a bar on where you want us to aim for so we can all try and aim for the same level there.  I think all of us are good with a fair range, but it'd be a bit weird if half of us are wearing anime costuming and the other half are like "Dude, why aren't you at least wearing something that won't catch on branches?"

hum, of course I could be overthinking it, but just really asking where you'd prefer us to target.  I'm really fine with a fairly wide range and would like to hit the same type of note as the others :)

Oh, I did word it reasonably on page one.  Mmm, pardon the yammer :)
Well, Goodbye.