"The truth is stranger than fiction, but not stranger than fanfiction."

Main Menu

BG for Tsuruya's bathroom, which one?

Started by Agasa, May 22, 2012, 07:35:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which bath is best for Tsuruya's home?

The First, it's Greener!
1 (9.1%)
The Second, it's disgustingly Rich-looking!
1 (9.1%)
The Third, it's Grahf!
0 (0%)
The Fourth, it's an Onsen as in the text!
2 (18.2%)
The Fifth, it has Massive Boulders!
5 (45.5%)
The Sixth, it's Classy and traditional!
2 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Agasa

Thanks to our benefactor, Grahf, Saint of Asakuraism, we had a recent influx of delicious new background art!

Of course, this brings problems, namely that we have to choose which backgrounds go where, hence this topic about the background for Tsuruya's bath! Here are the contestants:

First:

Second:

Third:

Fourth:

Fifth:

Sixth:

Vote away! Also, if you thinks it is appropriate, we could peg the loser bath to be the bath of Haruhi or Kyon, even if they both look a bit too mind-boggingly awesome for their middle-class houses.

Zfish9

I think the green one fits Tsuruya's bath better. Although the other one looks rich, it doesn't fit as well with the other bg that I'm using for Tsuruya.

ZeroNull

Tsuruyas' baths were called oversized, I believe. And both of these seems of pretty modest size to me. So, no to both.

...Come to think of it, weren't Tsuruya once hosted entire female part of the Brigade for a Talk there?
Riight,
Quote from: 'TL-2'Shortly, everyone had finished scrubbing and trooped in after Kanae, lounging about the spacious stone indoor bath. Really, it was a full-sized outdoor bath that just happened to be enclosed with a roof....
Stones and all.

So, there you have it. Truthfully, You'll need two BGs, one for washing area, and one for bath _ room. Can raid some random onsen scene for em, probably.

ЗЫ. When dealing with Tsuruya Estate, you can safely assume they have it huuuge. And stupidly expensive-looking. And traditional at the same time.

alethiophile

I think the second one gives a more traditional-Japan feel, with the bare wood instead of the green whatever-that-is. But yeah, they're both kind of small for what Tsuruya's bath is described to be. They look more like "mildly luxurious bathroom in a middle-class house" than "small private hot spring", which is what Tsuruya more or less has.

Grahf

So, something like this, but more ritzy?

Agasa's Edit: I'll place this Third in the poll choices.

Agasa

^ Not quite what we're looking for but It Could Do if we don't find nothing. Damn, how do you find all these awesome art pieces, man...

Also yeah, more ritzy.

I suppose we could just take an outdoor onsen and i could paint some walls and ...stuff. Too bad i don't have a clue on where to find an Onsen bg.

Grahf

Quote from: Agasa on May 22, 2012, 06:32:00 PM
I suppose we could just take an outdoor onsen and i could paint some walls and ...stuff. Too bad i don't have a clue on where to find an Onsen bg.

I think I can help, I just need a little time. I might have at least one or two possible onsen backgrounds. I won't be able to download anything until I get home tonight though, so it'll be later, a good deal later.

ZeroNull

Already shown on IRC, but oh well.
Agasa's Edit: I'll place this Fourth in the poll choices.
Onsen, but outdoor: https://photos-2.dropbox.com/i/l/alZoqW_Iu4ZnTeZgYM0cf4WYJ2w8sQZ4Jiv8ZY6cHTw/11931230/1337799600/c4d0e8c
Agasa's Edit: I'll place this Fifth in the poll choices.
Indoor, classy: https://photos-2.dropbox.com/i/l/ZYQ0d19LZm5X5UzJEHwDtZwIFKo3o_lI66O9VoatWjA/11931230/1337799600/2c8cbce/
Agasa's Edit: I'll place this Sixth in the poll choices.
Indor, traditional, but lack boulder (which is mentioned in the text): https://photos-5.dropbox.com/i/l/XwqHjou6gIzc7dxMQgHWMeiLxQYXHercDq76-n8AbC8/11931230/1337828400/157443c/ A less screwy link: http://ompldr.org/vZHZwcw

alethiophile

I also 404 on the dropbox link.

I like the second one. Is there a higher-res version available, by chance?

Agasa

I doubt there are higher res versions - those are VN backgrounds...it'd be highly improbable.
As for the links not working, try deleting the latest part of the link, the filename. They should stop 404ing.

EDIT: Fixed the links myself, check for working. Added the new choices to the poll and the ability to reset your vote if needed.

Filraen

Nope, the link still 404s. EDIT: Strange, I get 404'd on Firefox but Chrome open the links just fine.

OneMore

I get 404 on Ctrl-clicking the link, and normal image on right-click/Open in a new tab... Weird. Using Chrome.

I think you should the links to the images either in the poll itself (if possible) or in the first post.

And I still think the first one is better. Actually, can you remind me - was it Haruka's personal bath, or not?

alethiophile

The dropbox link is doing a referrer check, or something. If you can't open it, copy and paste the URL into a new tab.

It's sufficiently annoying that I rehosted it elsewhere. See ZeroNull's post.

UPDATE: Edited OP to add actual images, and rehosted where necessary. I think they're in the right order.

Jason

I like the classy and traditional look of six, but after reading some of the posts, I guess number four seems to fit better, although it's outdoors, when it should be indoors.

On the other hand, if we are going to be using the others as candidates for Kyon's and Haruhi's bathrooms, I think the first one should be Kyon's, since there's that bunny-shaped sponge that I can totally imagine belonging to Nonoko, and that the second would be a good choice for Haruhi's, since the others look way too big and/or elaborate to belong to a middle-class home.
If you make something idiot-proof, the world will build a better idiot.