Thoughts on Ep.1 to Ep.2 transition

Started by Jason, May 27, 2012, 07:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason

Okay, here's the thing:

Currently, for the end of Ep.1, we have the big Kyon/Haruhi kiss, then fade to white with a simple K:BDH text logo, followed by the fancy transition with all the ZOZ-dan logos lining top and bottom, then we fade to the beginning of Ep.2.

So.

What I propose to all of you is to drop the fancy transition and just have the simple text logo act as our transition to Ep.2. I don't think it's necessary to have two instances of K:BDH appear between Episode transitions. I like the simple black text on white because it is just that: simple. Especially since we have that awesome fade to white transition after the Kyon/Haruhi kiss.

I thought about just removing it, but I got the feeling that it was put there for some reason, so I figured I'd get input from the rest of you before doing anything about it. So what are your thoughts on the transition(s)? Leave as is, cut the second transition, or something else entirely?
If you make something idiot-proof, the world will build a better idiot.

Oroboro

I think the only reason it wasn't removed was because we still needed to build the patch thing. Once that's done with, it can be safely removed and just treated like any other transition.
Knox's 9th: It is permitted for observers to let their own conclusions and interpretations be heard!

The truth is in red / Theories are blue / Magic is bullshit / But I still love you.

alethiophile

Yeah, once the patch is built and out then we'll just replace it with whatever.

Which, incidentally, I plan to do tonight, since I can finally actually run the VN without bending over backwards in annoying fashions.