News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

Kickstarter Items of Interest!

Started by Iron Dragoon, June 01, 2013, 01:24:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merc

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1821440755/mega-mantm-the-board-game

"Megaman: The Board Game."

Proooooooobably not gonna fund this.

Not so much because I doubt legality (it seems legit as far as I can tell, sounds like they did get license for it), but just that I don't feel the price tag that comes with it is any good.

Seems overpriced for the components. Even though miniatures do take effort to get nice, still seems overdone, and I can't see -anything- about gameplay that tells me the game is actually any fun. All they're pimping out is the base board and the miniatures. Not the cards that make up the meat game or showing any gameplay videos.

That said, they're doing Day 1 'early bird' pledge levels (amounts to -$10 on pledge), so it's not a terrible idea that if someone is even passingly interested, to pledge now, and just drop the pledge later if you're not interested.

It's likely a lot of people are doing just that, because wooo, that game is already Day 1 funded and three stretch goals have been met. o_O;;
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Dracos

Megaman is a strong brand, despite Capcom's efforts to the contrary lately.
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

Yuthirin

my spare cash nooooooooooooooooooooooo
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

CyMage

He's history...play with fire and you get burned."-Magus

And then the mage drew his two handed sword.  "Shit! We're screwed!"

Merc

Epic Resort, a board game that combines deck building, worker placement, and resource management.

The theme of the game is that you are building resorts were tired/injured adventurers (as well as general tourists) can go to recover, while also improving the quality of the resort and fending off monster attacks.

Seems fun from what I can see of it, and the art is pretty cute.

Isn't lasting that much longer though, only has about 30 hrs to go right now. Fully funded already at least.

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

Music-chan

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tabletop-season-3-with-wil-wheaton

Help fund season 3 of Tabletop!  Not a kickstarter, but Indiegogo.  Close enough.
The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.

Merc

I thought the second half of the second season of Tabletop was a bit weak, if only for the fact that they did three games they had essentially done before (Catan > Star Trek Catan, Ticket to Ride > TtR: Europe, Tsuro > Tsuro of the Seas). Some of the editing seemed heavy too, but hopefully the funding would help improve that? Dunno.

Still enjoy the show for the most part. I may pledge at the $5 level to help out a little bit.

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

Iron Dragoon

This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Iron Dragoon

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/solar-roadways#description

If it can do what they say. More research may be required, but a cool concept either way.

Dracos

I wish them well, and it is cool, but that really is exactly the type of concept that I'm more likely to buy into as an investor, then just hand them money sight unseen for Go Do Your Goal.

They're also set up really poorly for fulfillment.  There's a lot of diffuse small products that don't do well in small print runs.  They need big runs to be cost efficient.

A shame :(
Well, Goodbye.

Iron Dragoon

From what I read in their FAQ, this funding cycle is for professional grade production of test bed parking lots, not actual production for implimentation.

Their FAQ says there's still a number of tests they have to do, and since their grant from the Federal Highway Administration is ending, they're going to crowd funding to compete R&D before starting to look for investors. They cite they don't want investors or stock holders right now because they want to keep things in the US instead of being pressured into subbing it out overseas.

That's what their FAQ says, at least.

Dracos

Yup, read it and the why.  It's adorable and all that, but I'm not a government agency and they're not a deductible charity.  They're not taking investments and they're also not delivering a product that I can take advantage of, but instead will just exist as a temporary prototype.  It won't even be a prototype in a city I'm anywhere near for some very long time, even on success.

That basically leaves them as begging on goodwill from concept alone, which isn't usually an interesting place to throw money.  Some people will, but I would view it no different than any other non-deductible charitable donation, which is generally less interesting than the infinite number of deductible ones or just buying all my friends lunch one day.  That it's saddled with knicknacks seem a pretty awkward fundraising mechanism.

It's unfortunate as it seems a pretty neat concept, but I think they are doing it a disservice by not being further teamed up with government or with someone looking to make money by making it a business.  That said, there's a lot of enormous charities, so maybe folks will throw money at the Make New Road Tech charity over the Starving Little Children In A Country You Can't Name charity this month.
Well, Goodbye.