News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

Share the music

Started by KLSymph, January 01, 2014, 03:12:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KLSymph

I like to link to interesting music, but rather than dump all those YouTube links in the Post of the Day topic, I think it's better to start a sparkling new dedicated thread.

To open the new year, let's have something upbeat: Daft Punk Medley, by Pentatonix

It would be great if everyone would post descriptive links (including title and artist at minimum), and not just paste YouTube addresses, so that we know what we're going to see.  For those who don't, I recommend shunning.

Anastasia

<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

KLSymph

It's descriptive enough, but you don't need to include the additional information between the url tags along with the song name and source.

So like this: Ezio's Family, from Assassin's Creed 2 (rearranged by Jesper Kyd).  Plus Assassin's Creed cosplay and parkour.

Dracos

Great new thread :)

I'll add to it sometime soon :)
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxgCMh204Rc

Have some Origa - Rise, the opener of GiTS SAC 2nd and a good tune. :)
Well, Goodbye.

KLSymph

That's a good song, but with that accent I can hardly tell which parts are sung English and which parts are in the other language when I take my eyes off the lyrics.

Here's Tell Me (Clock Opera Remix), by Au Revoir Simone.  Anime music video "Fate Matrix" by Shin and GuntherAMVs.

Finding this video using my recollection of viewing it one time a year or so ago took about three hours of YouTube diving, since the forum I saw it on back then has vanished from the Internet.  But I think it was time well spent.

Arakawa

It's cliche, but I suppose a mind-numbingly long late-Pink Floyd composition can't hurt things....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdKNlGfkyhc
That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

KLSymph

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

I've been playing a lot of Doom to unwind lately. Getaway from Speed of Doom is an original track made for the megawad. It's a nice, energetic piece that fits the level well and is also a solid listen otherwise.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ergoemos

While this isn't really music, and since I already have a bad habit of posting slightly off-topic suggestions, I want to recommend a podcast. Welcome to Night Vale is a sort of Cthulian Absurdist Comedy/Horror story about a small town in the barren deserts somewhere in southwestern America.

It is a fun saga of the various town denizens, such as Old Woman Josie who was visited by Angels who helped with household chores, and is selling a lightbulb replaced by one of them, or the hooded figures that reside in the dog park that the city council has warned everyone not to look at, think about, or even know about

For what its worth the weather report each episode has some good music.
Battle not with stupid, lest ye become stupid, and if you gaze into the Internet, the Internet gazes also into you.
-R. K. Milholland

Dracos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2csnVNai-o

Then I shall answer that.

It's not easy having a malevolent shapeless monsters hanging over your head...

But there it is.

This is from Shoggoth on the Roof, a theatre production parody of Fiddler on the Roof, and I have no idea who wrote/performed it.
Well, Goodbye.

KLSymph

>:-(

*starts shunning in Dracos's direction*

Dracos

Huh?  What's wrong with that? *blinks*
Well, Goodbye.

KLSymph

Quote from: Dracos on January 22, 2014, 05:47:29 PMhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2csnVNai-o

Quote from: KLSymph on January 01, 2014, 03:12:02 AMIt would be great if everyone would post descriptive links (including title and artist at minimum), and not just paste YouTube addresses, so that we know what we're going to see.  For those who don't, I recommend shunning.

Shun.  Shuuuuuun.