News:

"Why do you call it soulriders?"
"Because we grind your souls, hopes, and dreams down ... and ride the wave."

Main Menu

Rank 1, Mission 2: "Fight! Smash! Win!"

Started by Taishyr, June 05, 2014, 05:18:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taishyr

<Torokasi> The six assemble just outside of Duessa's Redoubt, the simple sign of a mug of ale with her name painted on swinging in the breeze. Ary nods to Crow and Lilian as they come with Janda. "Aright, we're here. Shall we go in and claim the mission?"
<AutumnCrow> "Para is sitting this one out, I assume?" Crow looked around to make sure she wasn't just not seeing the sneaky bastard again.
<Torokasi> "No." Para's voice can be heard behind Crow, Janda jumping a bit in surprise. "I'll... wait here for now."
<Torokasi> Ary nods, Solmyr rubbing the back of his head and chuckling. Ary is the first to reply, "Alright. We'll get the person we need to contact and be right back out."
Autumn Crow forced herself to not flinch, "Will you please stop doing that? One of these days, my reflexes will kick in before my control does and I will take your head off for sneaking up on me before I realize that it's you."
<Torokasi> "...I'm six feet behind you." Para replies, in a near-whimper.
Autumn Crow sighs and heads in with the others for now.
<Torokasi> As the group enters and heads upstairs, Solmyr falls in line alongside Crow. "Ary and I will work on getting Para to respond like a normal adult, but... he's bad at actually making sure he's noticed. Somehow. Would it help if I pointed him out if you don't seem to notice him?"
<AutumnCrow> "Just...say something to him, ask him a question, something to get him to move or respond?" Crow shrugs, "No need to...actively point him out like a landmark, just engage him somehow."
<Torokasi> "Right. I'll try." Solmyr nods as the five approach the bar, both Duessa and an equally tall, yet spindly blackfurred youth behind the bar. The young man looks questioningly at Duessa who nods as the group approaches. "Good to see, or meet, each of you five. I'm Duessa, the propertier. I take it you've come for a job?"
<AutumnCrow> "Yes, we're wanting to look into that job about odd magical fluctuations in the city."
<Torokasi> The young man ducks behind Duessa and walks over to the board, pulling off one of the postings as Duessa nods. "Right. The request has you contacting the person who commissioned it for details. That'd be Lady Elgethi, one of the Violet Tome, a priestess of Zuiseno who works with the government to help keep an eye out for unanticipated magical fluctuations. She'll be able to give you more details. At this time of day..."
<Torokasi> roll 1d20+14
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+14 and gets 31." [1d20=17]
<Torokasi> "...She'd be just arriving back at the Temple from a meeting. A good time to catch her, I think. You know which one it is, Ary?"
<Torokasi> Janda pouts momentarily, but Ary nods smoothly. "Yes'm. Thanks for the information."
<Torokasi> Solmyr nods at this, before glancing to Ary. "How often do you come in here, anyway?"
<Torokasi> "Often enough. If it's not Nyci dragging me here, it's Rei deciding he 'needs a neutral ground' in which to tell me I'm a lazy slacker." Ary shakes his head. "Anyway, thanks, Duessa." With that, the group departs, picking up Para and heading to the Temple of Zuiseno! (More)
<Torokasi> The Temple of Zuiseno, the easternmost temple of the Circle, manages to catch Crow's attention as being far different from the dusty, stifling, relatively bright temple of Erest Rosen. The lights glow a soft purple as the members of the group enter through the guild, soft carpets creating pathways through the pews and overarching, shimmering glyphs. (More)
<Torokasi> As the group enters, however, three forms clad in black robes, with dark gloves on their head and their cowls over their faces, step in the way of the group. The center one raises a hand. "What seek you in the Temple? Absolutions? Magical blessings from Her Divine Essence?"
<AutumnCrow> "We're looking for Lady Elgethi, about a mission posted?" Crow holds out the notice as she smiles to the black clad figure.
<Torokasi> The figure takes the notice, lifting his cowl... OOC: Will save.
<AutumnCrow> roll 1d20+7 will I make it
* Hatbot --> "AutumnCrow rolls 1d20+7 will I make it and gets 11." [1d20=4]
<Torokasi> The face beneath the cowl - is no longer a face. The skull in front of you possesses two misty, blue eyes that sizzle like flames in the sockets, but the bones and the white and the sudden, roiling fear seem to overwhelm Crow! ... And then the skeleton drops the cowl, suddenly extinguishing the fear in Crow's heart. "You seek to assist the Temple. Follow the glyphs. They will take you to her." it rasps, before the three skeletons step aside.
Autumn Crow twitches a bit, resisting the urge to make sure the others also got spooked, and composing herself as quickly as possible nods and follows the glyphs.
<Torokasi> Lilian gives Crow a cheerful smile as the group follows the glyph - something vaguely resembling a book with a hand growing out of it - and glances to the rest. "We've seen them before at the festivals, so it doesn't work on us unless they try to force it. But the first time scares just about everyone, and frankly you didn't lash out at it like Solmyr did!"
<Torokasi> Solmyr grunts, waving his hand in the purple illumination. "I owed them three gold after that for breaking the bones on one of their servants. I can't imagine why the hell a temple would use the dead like this!"
<Torokasi> "Glass houses." Ary mutters, causing Para to chuckle.
<AutumnCrow> "I...simply am not used to undead," Crow tries to play it cool, "the temple...ah, the Autumn Temple, does not use them at all. I had heard they are in use in the cities, but this is actually my first time seeing one."
<Torokasi> "That's one thing the Temple of the Weeping Lady and the Autumn Temple have in common, then!" Janda chirps on Crow's other side. "We don't allow tho- I mean, we don't permit undead in our service. It's against her teachings, like in Champion Vongutne versus the Bikinin!"
<Torokasi> Solmyr glances at Janda for a moment before fixing his glare on Ary. "Look, Sumotah'l is a totally different story. The Wyrm is dead, not raised in some-"
<AutumnCrow> "I'm not familiar with that text," Crow takes the subject change that was offered and continues leading the way.
<Torokasi> Para raises a hand in front of the group, as the glyph has halted in front of a thick, stone door. Actually, looking it over, there doesn't seem to be a handle or any way to knock. Lilian glances at the rest of the group, before stepping up to the thick stone slab and touching it.
<Torokasi> There is the slight feeling of energy in the air, before a woman's voice can be heard, "Greetings. This is Lady Elgethi. I take it you are here regarding... one of my job postings?"
<AutumnCrow> "Yes, we are. The first rank posting about investigating magical fluctuations within the city. I am Autumn Crow, with the newly formed Manifold team. I'll let the others introduce themselves."
<Torokasi> "Oh, don't do that just yet!" The stone slab trembles, before seemingly vanishing into the violet light around them. "Please, come in. And that's good to hear - we can always use more help doing what the upper echelons won't bother with."
Autumn Crow heads in!
<Torokasi> The room is rather cozy - maybe ths size of two Guild bedrooms - and the entire back end is cluttered with what is probably magical documents, texts, and paraphenalia. In a chair near the edge of the pile is a rather plump Talstedi woman, with dark red hair and a light sheen of red scales on her hands. She smiles and stands as the group enters. "Welcome, all of you. I am Elgethi, ordained priest of the Violet Tome. You..." She gestures to Crow after a moment's thought. "You'd be Autumn Crow, then? It is a pleasure. And the rest of you?"
Autumn Crow nods politely as she is greeted.
<Torokasi> The other five quickly run through introductions, after which Elgethi nods genially. "It's good to have met you all. Your time is surely precious to you, so let me be brief." She walks briskly over to a low table, and gestures, moving the clutter on it onto the floor as it levitates over to in front of the group. (More)
<Torokasi> Another gesture from Elgethi, and the table's wooden surface shimmers, before... what looks like miniature buildings appear on it, like the housing complexes on the way in and out of town. There's nine in this image, and Elgethi gestures at the center one. "We've been noticing abnormal conjuration energy from this walled complex, the Kestralflight." (More)
<Torokasi> "It's afflicted, at random, the ones around it, but it's low power enough that the city guards won't go to check. Conjuration of this sustained length concerns us. Investigate it, determine the source, and report back; a bonus is in line if you can convince the culprit to come in, one way or another. Preferably alive. We'd rather not have to raise civilians right now; our stock of materials for that has dwindled of late, what with the recent trade issues." (More)
<Torokasi> At this, she looks up at Para, Jaeda and Lilian. "You three know the town well enough to navigate there?"
<Torokasi> roll 1d20+7 Janda
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+7 Janda and gets 27." [1d20=20]
<Torokasi> roll 1d20+9 Lilian
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+9 Lilian and gets 21." [1d20=12]
<Torokasi> Janda and Lilian both nod, while Para shrugs a bit. Elgethi seems satisfied. "This may take a few days of talking to people in the Kestrelflight until you get the info you need, presuming a direct route fails. Let me know once you've made progress on the mission."
<AutumnCrow> "I am skilled in nonlethal combat if we need to take someone alive," Crow turns to Ary and Para, the other bruisers of the group, "If it turns into a fight...try to set things up so I can incapacitate the culprit, rather than cut them down? Ideally we'll be able to talk it out, but...."
Autumn Crow shrugs
<Torokasi> Para nods, as Ary replies, "Understood. Hopefully we won't need to worry much and this is just some kids summoning rats to annoy their families."
<Torokasi> "It's notably stronger than that, I'm afraid." Elgethi shakes her head. "It should be within your capability, at a guess, but the length of the summoning precludes children's magic."
<AutumnCrow> "Hmm. Any idea what kind of conjuration lasts a long time but isn't that powerful?" Crow looks to the three mages of the group.
<Torokasi> "No." Lilian replies simply. "That's the abnormal part of this - usually strength influences both. Possibly an extended summon, but this sounds like it persists..."
<Torokasi> "Could it be a called-for undead?" Janda proposes.
<Torokasi> Solmyr shakes his head. "That takes necromancy, which doesn't sound like it's been spotted."
<AutumnCrow> "Could it be a magic item in use instead of a spell?"
<Torokasi> "... Possible, yeah." Lilian nods appraisingly at Crow, Janda bobbing her head as well. "The question then becomes where they found the item, or if it got made, who made it."
<AutumnCrow> "Well, lets go take a look. Solmyr, Para, you two are on slightly wider patrol, keep an eye for anything unusual, physical threats or magical ones, and once we begin direct investigation, especially for anything trying to sneak away."
Autumn Crow effortlessly assumes command as leader of the group! Or at least she hopes it appears effortless.
<Torokasi> Para nods, as does Solmyr, Solmyr seeming impressed. Lilian and Janda both nod. "We can lead - both of us can detect magic, as well, so hopefully that'll help. Shall we, then?" The group steps outside of Elgethi's room at this, the stone slab reforming itself once Ary clunks out, adjusting his armor.
Autumn Crow lets someone who knows where the hell they are going lead the way, staying right behind the other ladies however.
<Torokasi> And as such, the group advances out, Lilian and Janda leading the group west out of the Temple Circle...
<Torokasi> roll 1d999
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d999 and gets 394." [1d999=394]
<Torokasi> roll 1d999
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d999 and gets 447." [1d999=447]
<Torokasi> "So, ah, Janda." Lilian says awkwardly. "How do you know Kestrelflight?"
<Torokasi> "...the fruit, of course." Janda replies, confused. "They grow some of the better figs in the city. How do you know it?"
<Torokasi> "Oh. Uh... they've got a good bar." Lilian replies a bit lamely.
<AutumnCrow> "Is there something unusual about this place that makes it strange someone would know of it?"
<Torokasi> "It's fairly deep in the slums, Crow." Janda replies. "There's a perfectly safe and clean route - which we're taking - since they get merchants to come here, but it's more or less surrounded by some of the worst of the town not on the Nets. Lilian is probably confused I'd know of it, but, well, there's the fruit and there's that my mother is a relatively well-respected food trader. She taught me a lot about some of the better places for food."
<Torokasi> Lilian blushes. "Sorry if I insulted you, Janda."
<Torokasi> Janda smiles winningly. "It's no worries, Lilian." The path narrows at this point, thick with the morning crowds. Ary and Solmyr hang back as Lilian and Janda lead, leaving Para right next to Crow as the group advances.
<AutumnCrow> "Ah. I admit I have never seen a 'slum', though I've read of them of course. And I was warned about the nets being dangerous for reasons beyond falling dangers. Should I be keeping my guard up more than usual?"
<Torokasi> Para shrugs. "Common people do. We're not."
<Torokasi> Solmyr elaborates, "Most people don't mess with Guild members, thankfully. Keep an eye on any money you have and any personal belongings, but everything else should be fine, and they aren't too likely to target you anyways."
<AutumnCrow> "...." Crow thinks for a moment, "...I...don't think I brought any money with me anyway. I'm not really in the habit of remembering to carry that."
<Torokasi> "Then you'll be fine." Janda smiles back at Crow.
<Torokasi> roll 1d999
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d999 and gets 858." [1d999=858]

<Torokasi> The group makes decent headway, more well-maintained buildings slipping to disrepaired and cluttered streets as the group goes further in. Janda and Lilian both begin to turn around a corner, before stopping right around the bend. Lilian raises her hand, muttering some soft words, before looking over the road in front of her.
Autumn Crow looks as well, unsure of what she's supposed to be looking for.
<Torokasi> The road seems to be entirely empty. No sound, noise or people are visible in front of the group - it just seems to be an emty road with a small park-like area in the middle. Lilian looks around a moment, before smiling, stepping forward, and vanishing out of sight.
<Torokasi> Solmyr groans. "Great. One of these, then?"
<AutumnCrow> "What."
<Torokasi> Lilian's head reappears out of thin air in front of Crow, seemingly dangling out of midair. "It's just a party. We can pass on through." After that, her head reapproaches the road and disappears again.
Autumn Crow just STARES for a second...then forces herself to continue onward into the whatever the hell that is.
<Torokasi> The group steps into the street... and is instantly surrounded by bright lights, festive music, and the sounds of what seems to be a lot of drunk people cavorting, dancing, and chatting, filling the street. Cheap tables are planted along the sides of the roads and small cooking fires are scattered around, lines of people waiting to get some food prepared. The group is paid basically no mind as the frivolities continue. Lilian shrugs. "Apparently this got moved here a few days ago after a crackdown on a nearby one?"
<AutumnCrow> "Are these...whatever this is...common occurances?"
<Torokasi> "Relatively?" Ary shrugs. "Even in Teriander there would be pockets like this. A lot of the poorer housings don't even have standing room, let alone fresh air. This is a place for people to gather."
<Torokasi> "Standing room, let alone fresh air, let alone places to sit, cook and eat." Solmyr shrugs. "They're illegal, but no one really bothers unless they cause some other issue. Or as petty sniping between factions."
<Torokasi> "They're even kinda common in the richer neighborhoods, though we tend to actually pay for permits for it. Not that I blame anyone else for not doing so." Janda nods, very quietly.
<AutumnCrow> "Hmm." Crow was quiet, begining to realize just how luxurious the amount of space that could be had within the Autumn Temple's barrier could be considered.
<Torokasi> The group manage to snake their way through the crowds, finally popping through the other end and being greeted by blissful silence...
<Torokasi> roll 1d999
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d999 and gets 646." [1d999=646]
<Torokasi> Lilian and Janda look around the T-section, before both pointing left almost simultaneously. Chuckling, the two gesture to the others, leading the way!
Autumn Crow follows, smiling at how well those two are getting along now~
<Torokasi> The group navigates itself further into the slums, passing by another communal gathering that Lilian sticks her head into momentarily to appraise it before continuing on. After a bit longer...
<Torokasi> roll 1d20+9 Lilian
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+9 Lilian and gets 15." [1d20=6]
<Torokasi> roll 1d20+7 Janda
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+7 Janda and gets 21." [1d20=14]
<Torokasi> roll 1d20+8 Solmyr (knows this section of town)
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+8 Solmyr (knows this section of town) and gets 13." [1d20=5]
<Torokasi> Janda stops the group at a cross intersection, frowning. "Lilian, uh... did we take the wrong route?"
<Torokasi> Solmyr blinks. "We shouldn't have. That was Candlestick Warren back there."
<Torokasi> Janda shakes her head. "But Candlestick Warren is after Kestrelflight by this route, and it was on our right. It should've been on our left."
Autumn Crow looks between Janda and Solmyr, obviously having no idea what the right way is but waiting for them to sort this out
<Torokasi> Lilian opens her mouth, looks behind her, then closes it and nods to Solmyr, who rubs his head.
<Torokasi> "Right. So, if Candlestick Warren is there, then..." Janda mutters. "Let's try going back there and turning left, alright?"
<Torokasi> "Sounds good to me." Lilian nods with a shrug.
Autumn Crow follows Janda's lead, as she seems to have a better idea where she's going then the other do.
<Torokasi> The group follows Janda...
<Torokasi> roll 1d20+7 Janda again
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+7 Janda again and gets 15." [1d20=8]
<Torokasi> ...Janda ducks through the twists and turns, but seems to be getting even more hesitant as she goes. After about six turns, she stops right around the bend, Lilian halting right behind her.
<AutumnCrow> "Warren is right, this entire city is a damned maze." Crow grumbles, taking a moment to redo her hair while the others discus which way to go, "I likely couldn't find my way back to the guild from her with all these twists and turns."
<Torokasi> Janda pauses, before, "By his BOLLOCKS, this makes no sense!" The road she looks on is deserted, and leads... straight onto a small, rickety bridge that seems to plunge immediately downward into the gigantic chasm. "We're at the edge of town? HOW?"
<Torokasi> Lilian frowns for a time, before, "That route should have gotten us there. Shouldn't it have?"
<Torokasi> Solmyr snorts. "You girls have lost me - we're farther in than I tend to go when not on the Nets."
<AutumnCrow> "Hmm. Is there any way this conjuration magic that we're looking for could...change our directions to keep us away?"
<Torokasi> Janda rubs her eyes for a moment. "And it's all too quiet here, too. What in blaze-"
<Torokasi> Janda, Lilian and Solmyr each glance at Crow, before Solmyr quickly turns and looks around. "It's not conjuration magic, but there's something funky in the area we just left from. Crow's right, we're getting misdirected somehow."
<Torokasi> "Damn." Lilian murmurs. "Getting lost is somewhat normal, but..." She pauses, finger on her lips.
<Torokasi> roll 1d20+13 Lilian (Circumstance +4)
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+13 Lilian (Circumstance +4) and gets 28." [1d20=15]
<Torokasi> roll 1d20+11 Janda (Circumstance +4)
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+11 Janda (Circumstance +4) and gets 28." [1d20=17]
<Torokasi> roll 1d20+12 Solmyr (Circumstance +4)
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+12 Solmyr (Circumstance +4) and gets 15." [1d20=3]
<Torokasi> Janda starts first. "We're to its northern end, if I recall this section right from my mom's maps."
<Torokasi> Lilian nods. "So it managed to curve us away to the right... so if we counteract it, move carefully in, and stick to going left when possible..."
<Torokasi> Janda finishes, "We might be able to get through and investigate this!"
<Torokasi> Ary and Para look at Solmyr, who shrugs. "Presuming the pattern's right, but it sounds... reasonable enough."
<AutumnCrow> "You two figure out how to get us there. Gentlemen, eyes in every direction while we go, I expect once we start counteracting whatever this misdirection is that we will attract attention quickly."
<Torokasi> "Got it." The group nods, Janda and Lilian again leading the way...
<Torokasi> Lilian and Janda get confused once or twice more, but seem relatively more confident as they move into the center of the slums again. Eventually, Para is the first to point to a sign with a faded carving of a bird on the edge of an alleyway wall. "Kestrel. This it?"
<Torokasi> Lilian smiles, while Janda seems to sag a bit in relief, nodding to Para. "'tis. Let's see if we can find that conjuration magic's presence around here."

Autumn Crow nods, glad to see that they were finally there. "Well, this certainly proves there's something amiss going on here at least."
<Torokasi> "Indeed." Solmyr nods, looking the building over before snorting. "I can't spot anything in there. Should we ask around the ground-level shops, see if they know anything?"
<AutumnCrow> "That would be wise. Keep an eye out for magic of any sort while we're doing this...ah...I don't suppose anyone has an ide about what to ask?"
<AutumnCrow> "I would think this misdirection would make it harder for people to come shopping here, so...maybe if they've been getting less business we can figure out how long it's been going on?"
<Torokasi> "Yeah, quite possibly. Worst comes to worst, I can go ask the guy who tends most the fig trees on top of the complex." Janda nods. "And we can just ask if there's been anything unusual, try to filter out the dross from there." With that, she leads the way to a small store, wooden sign out front proclaiming it to be a cloth shop. The streets are not crowded, but also not quite empty.
<Torokasi> Crow does, however, seem to notice that most people seem... scared, and are apparently attempting to avoid the group, some even turning and going the opposite direction on seeing them.
Autumn Crow flicks her eyes to Solmyr, to see if he's also noticing this.
<AutumnCrow> "I suppose we could get some figs while here, I can figure out how to make fig preserves to make trail bread a bit more edible for times when we're on the road."
<Torokasi> roll 1d20+11
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+11 and gets 26." [1d20=15]
<Torokasi> Solmyr's eyeing the group, before glancing to Crow and nodding. "Fig preserves sound good. But... ah... I could use some cloth for a new shirt, actually. Mine got ripped up a bit the other day."
<Torokasi> "And I will -not- pay you back for it." Janda snorts.
<Torokasi> Solmyr ignores this, glancing at the people before hissing, "And talking to someone in their store may be easier than chasing down someone in the streets."
Autumn Crow nods to him, "Why don't you and Lilian go in, just the two of you? No need to seem intimidating with the whole group..."
<Torokasi> Lilian and Solmyr quietly nod and step in...
<Torokasi> roll 1d20+10 Lilian gathers information
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+10 Lilian gathers information and gets 11." [1d20=1]
Autumn Crow absently discusses produce with Janda while trusting Para and Ary to keep an eye out for anything suspicious.
<Torokasi> A muffled shriek is heard as soon as the two open the door. Lilian peers in, frowning, before closing the door. "She ran out screaming as soon as she saw us. Concerning."
<Torokasi> Solmyr groans. "Let's... let's try another shop. And maybe Ary should go instead of me? She may hate Talmuri or something."
<AutumnCrow> "I doubt it." Crow shakes her head, and snaps a fan open to fan herself with, "I may be new to teh city, but no shopkeep would flee leaving a store full of product with someone they are racist against inside."
<Torokasi> "It looks like she keeps most of the stock further in, but fair enough." Lilian nods slightly.
<AutumnCrow> "Lets find another shopkeep, Lilian and I will go in, the rest of you keep eyes out here." Lowering her voice, she adds, "someone try to eavesdrop on a crowd, whoever has good ears."
<Torokasi> Solmyr and Para both nod to this as the group moves down the street. The next store, The Cat's Paw, claims to sell magical trinkets and other charms, causing Janda's nose to wrinkle a bit. Lilian nods to Crow. "Let's go on in, then? This may give us better luck."
<AutumnCrow> "Hopefully."
<Torokasi> The two enter the door to the smell of incredibly cheap perfume. Lilian steps in, quickly glancing around as light chimes begin to ring. The room is cluttered with wooden tablets with scrawlings placed out on tables in the middle of the room, some scrolls and potions on a display case on the left, and various trinkets and odds and ends on the right - figurines and bones, looks like.
<AutumnCrow> "I wonder if they'll have anything to help keep food fresh longer?" Crow wonders aloud, to keep them some legitimacy in a trinket shop. "It's surprisingly hard to find small practical magical things like that."
<Torokasi> Two pointed, patchy-colored furry ears perk out from behind a curtain in the back, before a almost entirely feline face pokes out. After a moment, the person steps out, a very large apron over their body and dressed in loose, baggy clothes. "F-f-fresh food? That's a rarity. It won't help for everything, but-"
<Torokasi> The Talkyr looks the two over, before coughing. "Uh, yes. Anyway, the Cat's Paw has plenty to offer. Feel free to browse, or let me know if there's anything in particular you're looking for."
<Torokasi> Lilian smiles wryly. "Not going to try and pass off some plain wooden block as a cooling charm?"
<AutumnCrow> "Would you mind handling the barganing?" Crow smles at Lilian, "you have more familiarity with this sort of thing than I do. I'm afraid I wouldn't know really what to ask about magical things."
<Torokasi> The Talkyr snorts at Lilian. "N-n-not to Kerebos members!"
Autumn Crow observes the shopkeep out of the corner of her eye while pretending to look at things as Lilian asks questions.
<AutumnCrow> roll 1d20+10 sense motive
* Hatbot --> "AutumnCrow rolls 1d20+10 sense motive and gets 11." [1d20=1]
<Torokasi> "Oh? What a shame." Lilian smiles congenially. "I do enjoy occasionally fishing for live bait, but I guess I can't win that way. You have to have any actual potions?"
<Torokasi> roll 1d20+9 Sense Motive
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+9 Sense Motive and gets 18." [1d20=9]
<Torokasi> "B-b-browse the stack over there. I'll pull up some other ones I keep in back." The Talkyr mutters before stepping back behind the curtain. Lilian raises an eyebrow, before stepping over to the potions, glancing them over before looking up to Crow and mouthing "Wait".
Autumn Crow slides over to look at the potions, "That would depend on what you have."
<Torokasi> Liliam smiles cheerfully. "Oh, I'm probably going to purchase this..." She holds up one vial in front of her, before putting it down. She glances over the potions, before looking back at the wooden blocks. "This one's got magic. How do you use these, anyway?" She holds up one of the wooden blocks. "A lover's charm, it claims?"
<Torokasi> roll 1d20+6 sense motive (Talkyr)
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+6 sense motive (Talkyr) and gets 7." [1d20=1]
<Torokasi> The Talkyr sniffs, before coming out from around the counter and taking the wooden block from Lilian. "Oh, this one's easy. Hold it in both hands, like so, place yourself on your knees facing south, like this..." He gets into position, keeping his eyes on Crow as he talks.
Autumn Crow raises an eyebrow, considering stabbing the shopkeeper if he tries to make her fall in love with him with some stupid charm.
<Torokasi> As he does this, you notice Lilian out of the corner of your eye, slowly moving toward the curtain. She seems to glance behind it, before wrinkling her nose and drawing her bastard sword very quietly, before planting herself basically right in front of the curtain.
Autumn Crow blatently does NOT look at Lilian as she's doing this, but keeps her eyes on teh shopkeeper's demonstration, making sure she looks curious.
<Torokasi> The shopkeeper continues, "And recite this prayer three times, bowing completely after each recitation. 'O Magdanae, Goddess of Passion, Bind Their Heart Unto Mine Own!' On the final recitation, break the charm while uttering his name, and you'll be sure to... eh?" The shopkeeper finally glances around, before spotting Lilian in front of the curtain. "W-w-w-w-what are you doing?!"
<Torokasi> "How'd you know we were Kerebos members?" Lilian replies, bastard sword lying evenly in her hands.
Autumn Crow snaps a fan open, lazily fanning herself while walking into an easy flanking position on the shopkeep. A...very clearly bladed fan..., "Yes, that's a very good question."
<Torokasi> "Your pins, of cour-" The shopkeeper pauses, before glancing between Crow and Lilian. After a moment, they close their eyes. "...they told us not to tell anyone anything. And you two aren't Guard, and neither are the lunks outsi-"
<Torokasi> "CROW! LILIAN!" Ary's voice bellows from outside!
<AutumnCrow> "Keep him pinned," Crow says to Lilian, then rushes outside.
<Torokasi> Janda's voice can be heard yelping loudly as Crow rolls outside! Ary stands in front of... what looks to be a small, whirling storm of dust in the shape of a child, alongside a flattened ball of slime with vaguely limblike protrusions! OOC: Roll init. They're flat out hostile.

<AutumnCrow> roll 1d20+4 init
* Hatbot --> "AutumnCrow rolls 1d20+4 init and gets 9." [1d20=5]
<Torokasi> roll 1d20+7 Ary
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+7 Ary and gets 19." [1d20=12]
<Torokasi> roll 1d20+3 Solmyr
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+3 Solmyr and gets 20." [1d20=17]
<Torokasi> roll 1d20+4 Janda
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+4 Janda and gets 13." [1d20=9]
<Torokasi> roll 1d20+3 Ary
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+3 Ary and gets 13." [1d20=10]
<Torokasi> OOC: That's Para, apologies.
<Torokasi> roll 1d20+7 Dust mephit
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+7 Dust mephit and gets 21." [1d20=14]
<Torokasi> roll 1d20+0 Ooze mephit
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+0 Ooze mephit and gets 3." [1d20=3]
* Torokasi changes topic to 'Init: Dust Mephit > Solmyr (22) > Ary (41) > Para (33) > Janda (21) > Crow (30) > Ooze Mephit'
<@Torokasi> The dust-like creature seems to rumble for a moment, before shooting a plume of stinging dust at Ary, Janda and Crow!
<@Torokasi> roll 1d4 Reflex save please.
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d4 Reflex save please. and gets 3." [1d4=3]
<AutumnCrow> roll 1d20+7 reflex
* Hatbot --> "AutumnCrow rolls 1d20+7 reflex and gets 15." [1d20=8]
<@Torokasi> roll 1d20+2 Ary save
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+2 Ary save and gets 8." [1d20=6]
<@Torokasi> roll 1d20+2 Janda save
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+2 Janda save and gets 4." [1d20=2]
<@Torokasi> The doorframe and Crow's swift reflexes save her from the blunt of the duststorm, but Janda and Ary are caught in it full force, coughing and hacking!
* Torokasi changes topic to 'Init: Dust Mephit > Solmyr (22) > Ary (38/41, 3 rnds statused) > Para (33) > Janda (18/21, 3 rnds statused) > Crow (29/30) > Ooze Mephit'
<@Torokasi> Solmyr growls, hand already outstretched as a orb of sonic energy whirls into creation, spinning in place before lashing out toward the dust mephit!
<@Torokasi> roll 1d20+3 ranged touch
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+3 ranged touch and gets 5." [1d20=2]
<@Torokasi> But the orb goes whirling past the dust mephit harmlessly! Growling, Ary's katana is out instantly, slashing out at both the ooze and dust mephits in one swift, fluid motion!
<@Torokasi> roll 1d20+5 Steel Wind, dust mephit
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+5 Steel Wind, dust mephit and gets 10." [1d20=5]
<@Torokasi> roll 1d20+5 Steel Wind, ooze mephit
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+5 Steel Wind, ooze mephit and gets 11." [1d20=6]
<@Torokasi> But the katana seems to just miss both the dust and ooze mephit, Ary cursing and rubbing at his eyes! Para looks at the two for a moment, before drawing his bow and firing two swift arrows at the ooze mephit!
<@Torokasi> roll 1d20+5 ooze mephit 1
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+5 ooze mephit 1 and gets 9." [1d20=4]
<@Torokasi> roll 1d20+5 ooze mephit 1
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+5 ooze mephit 1 and gets 9." [1d20=4]
<@Torokasi> But the two arrows swoosh by harmlessly! Janda begins playing a rousing tune, the grinding of her teeth audible as she yells, "Take these accursed vermin out - now!" OOC: Inspire Courage +1, both auras up. Crow's up.
Autumn Crow steps in on the slimey one, hoping to chop it down before it can add a blast of sludge to that unpleasant blast of dust, snapping both fans out in an elegant twirl~
<AutumnCrow> roll 1d20+7 fan slash one
* Hatbot --> "AutumnCrow rolls 1d20+7 fan slash one and gets 27." [1d20=20]
<AutumnCrow> roll 1d20+7 fan slash one crit confirm
* Hatbot --> "AutumnCrow rolls 1d20+7 fan slash one crit confirm and gets 15." [1d20=8]
<AutumnCrow> OOC: I need to know if that confirms before my second attack, blood in the water might kick in
<@Torokasi> OOC: It doesn't, sadly. Normal hit, though.
<AutumnCrow> roll 1d20+7 fan slash 2
* Hatbot --> "AutumnCrow rolls 1d20+7 fan slash 2 and gets 15." [1d20=8]
<AutumnCrow> roll 1d4+6 damage non-magical slashing
* Hatbot --> "AutumnCrow rolls 1d4+6 damage non-magical slashing and gets 8." [1d4=2]
<@Torokasi> OOC: Roll damage. You got one hit. No DR to worry about here.
<@Torokasi> The first fan seems to go in deeper than normal, causing the second sweep to go high, but the first rips a large chunk out of the ooze mephit, knocking it away! However, some of the ooze seems to crawl back into the mephit's body as it rears up, before lobbing a chunk of acid straight at Crow!
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+3 ranged touch and gets 6." [1d20=3]
<@Torokasi> But the arrow slams into the wall opposite Crow, passing right by Lilian's head as she steps out, bastard sword out and ready. "We'll talk later, Crow. Let's end these two first!"
<@Torokasi> roll 1d20+1 Lilian init
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+1 Lilian init and gets 19." [1d20=18]
* Torokasi changes topic to 'Init: Dust Mephit > Solmyr (22) > Lilian (20) > (Ary (38/41, 3 rnds statused) > Para (33) > Janda (18/21, 3 rnds statused) > Crow (29/30) > Ooze Mephit (6 damage)'
<@Torokasi> The dust mephit shakes violently, before a plume of dust seems to arise from it, obscuring it from view! Solmyr curses, before lashing another ball of sonic force out, this time at the damaged ooze mephit!
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+3 ranged touch and gets 17." [1d20=14]
<@Torokasi> roll 2d8+3 boom
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 2d8+3 boom and gets 12." [2d8=4, 5]
<AutumnCrow> OOC: Sonic is only d6, to the others d8
<@Torokasi> OOC: Thanks, right.
<@Torokasi> roll 2d6+3 boom
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 2d6+3 boom and gets 12." [2d6=4, 5]
<@Torokasi> The sonic orb slams into the ooze mephit with a sickening crack, breaking the mephit apart near-instantaneously! Lilian steps in to Crow's side, her blade whirling in her right hand as she eyes the dust mephit...
<@Torokasi> roll 1d20+6 (-4 non-humanoid) bluff
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+6 (-4 non-humanoid) bluff and gets 20." [1d20=14]
<@Torokasi> roll 1d20+3 opposed check
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+3 opposed check and gets 8." [1d20=5]
<@Torokasi> To which the dust mephit reacts by shifting its guard - as the blade suddenly appears in her left hand, Lilian lunging in!
<@Torokasi> roll 1d20+6 mephit loses dex to AC
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+6 mephit loses dex to AC and gets 16." [1d20=10]
<@Torokasi> roll 1d100 1-20 miss
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d100 1-20 miss and gets 14." [1d100=14]
<@Torokasi> The blade looks like it sinks in, but the creature seems to dance away unharmed, Lilian cursing under her breath! Ary steps to flank it, blade again whirling!
<@Torokasi> roll 1d20+12 (+4 Steely Strike, +1 Inspire, +2 flanking, -2 status)
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+12 (+4 Steely Strike, +1 Inspire, +2 flanking, -2 status) and gets 28." [1d20=16]
<@Torokasi> roll 1d100 1-20 miss
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d100 1-20 miss and gets 39." [1d100=39]
<@Torokasi> roll 1d10+1d6+3
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d10+1d6+3 and gets 15." [1d10=7][1d6=5]
<@Torokasi> Ary's blade, fueled by anger, cleaves straight through the mephit, sending the dust flying in the wind in every which direction! OOC: Free act.

<AutumnCrow> "I assume he escaped somehow," Crow sighs, flicking her wrist to clear her left hand fan of ooze before shutting it.
<@Torokasi> "Where'd the attack come from?" Lilian asks Ary.
<@Torokasi> "The roof. They jumped down to attack us from there." Ary shakes his head. "Who escaped what, Crow?"
<AutumnCrow> "The shop owner pegged as as guild the moment we walked in, despite our lack of pins. And was very aware of you all still out here. Lily and I confronted him...then this happened." She says all of this quietly, but is fairly sure they have no cover to blow anyway.
<@Torokasi> "A-a-actually..." The shopkeeper's voice replies, timidly. "Please, all of you, quickly, come in. Before more of those infernal things s-s-see you here."
Autumn Crow steps inside, fixing the shopkeeper with a stare that should hopefully inform him that any further trickery will end very poorly for him.
<@Torokasi> The shopkeeper ushers the group in, before bolting the door and swinging a wooden plank in front of it. "How did you h-h-hear of what's going on here? Is the Guild clairivoyant?"
<AutumnCrow> "Why don't you explain to us what exactly IS going on here before we answer any of YOUR questions," Crow demands in a fairly sharp tone.
<@Torokasi> "U-u-uhm..." The shopkeeper seems to shrink into the apron for a moment, before, "They came about a week ago. Said that they owned this complex, now. People that tried to leave got lost and w-w-wandered back in, and they were always w-w-w-waiting. They can summon and control mephits. There's two more I know of, th-th-their bodyguard and th-the one controlling the water supply. They told us to not tell others, but you all can kill them? Please?" The shopkeeper's words are more of a whimper at this point.
<AutumnCrow> "Mephits, hmm?" Crow looks to the casters, "what do we know about mephits?"
<@Torokasi> roll 1d20+8 Solmyr
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+8 Solmyr and gets 18." [1d20=10]
<@Torokasi> roll 1d20+5 Para
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+5 Para and gets 11." [1d20=6]
<@Torokasi> Solmyr thinks for a moment, before, "They seemed to take much more damage from your weapons than I really expected. A relief, but... these seemed frailer than the ones I've heard of. They're most at home in their own element, too."
<@Torokasi> roll 1d20+5 letting Lilian also roll because Erest Rosen background
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+5 letting Lilian also roll because Erest Rosen background and gets 16." [1d20=11]
<@Torokasi> Lilian hums. "They... are pretty powerful for basic summons, but there's no way they should stay this long. Right, Solmyr?"
<AutumnCrow> "Hmm. So we got weak mephits then? That's a point in our favor. So...." she looked around at the others, "do we go straight for the leader, or take out he one at the water supply first?"
<@Torokasi> Solmyr nods. "Yeah. You said a week ago, Mr..."
<@Torokasi> "Mrs. Gata." The shopkeep replies. "Yes, one w-w-week ago. And they never seem to fade away normally, either."
<@Torokasi> Janda shrugs slightly at Crow as Ary thinks. "Do we want to risk the water mephit ambushing us, is the question."
<AutumnCrow> "That is the question. We...don't, really, but we also dont' want to risk the summoner getting away because we didn't go right for him."
<@Torokasi> "Summoners." Mrs. Gata replies feebly. "There's two. One woman, one man. One was probably watching the fight."
<@Torokasi> Ary nods slightly, before turning to the shopkeeper. "What's the fastest way to... well, where are they?"
<AutumnCrow> "And do you know which one of them is in charge? We take both alive if possible, but if not..."
<@Torokasi> "I-I... don't know. I'm sorry. They never show themselves except to scare others. Uhmmm... they came from the roof, you said? So probably in a room connected to the roof. I'm sorry. The fastest way to the roof will be up a stairwell in the courtyard the well's in. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry."
<AutumnCrow> "Looks like that answers all the questions, we'll have to pass the well to get up." Crow takes a deep breath, "Are you all ready? Also, Mrs. Gata...I would try to get to the church of zuiseno while we do this, they sent us and will need to be told. With any luck, these summoners and thier pets will be too busy dealing with us to notice you leaving and steer you back."
<@Torokasi> "It happens no matter the time of day." Mrs. Gata whimpers. "But I'll try to go inform them. C-c-c-come with me." The shopkeeper leads the group into her back room, a quite neatly ordered room with a small bed, stove, table and chair on one side, and a larger work table on the other side. On the opposite wall is a door, which Mrs. Gata gestures to. "Go out that and straight to get into the c-courtyard. I'm g-g-going to lock up behind you and l-l-leave by a different route... I hope they aren't waiting to get me..."
<@Torokasi> She pauses for a moment, before pulling out three vials and putting them in Lilian's hand. "My p-p-payment for this... Be careful."
Autumn Crow takes a deep breath, "Alright, let's go get into a fight. Ary, you want point?"
<@Torokasi> "Sure." Ary nods, leading the group out into the narrow hallway. Mrs. Gata leaves last, quickly turning and locking her doors before vanishing into the shadows in the poorly-lit, cramped space. (More)
<@Torokasi> It takes barely a minute before Ary can be heard fiddling with a door ahead in the darkness. Swinging it open, the group steps into a courtyard in disarray. Broken fruit trees lie strewn about the thirty-foot courtyard, split open. A stairway is in one of the opposite corridors, leading straight up to the rooftop. And in the center is the well, on top of which is a child-like figure made out of water, already beginning to act! OOC: Init again.

Taishyr

<@Torokasi> roll 1d20+1 Lilian
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+1 Lilian and gets 3." [1d20=2]
<@Torokasi> roll 1d20+7 Ary
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+7 Ary and gets 27." [1d20=20]
<@Torokasi> roll 1d20+1 Lilian takes a reroll
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+1 Lilian takes a reroll and gets 6." [1d20=5]
<AutumnCrow> OOC: I assume Janda's aura is active this time? What's her bonus?
<@Torokasi> roll 1d20+3 Solmyr
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+3 Solmyr and gets 18." [1d20=15]
<@Torokasi> OOC: Yes. +3.
<@Torokasi> OOC: So all these are 3 higher than listed.
<AutumnCrow> roll 1d20+4+3 init
* Hatbot --> "AutumnCrow rolls 1d20+4+3 init and gets 11." [1d20=4]
<@Torokasi> roll 1d20+7 Janda
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+7 Janda and gets 13." [1d20=6]
<@Torokasi> roll 1d20+6 Para
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+6 Para and gets 11." [1d20=5]
<@Torokasi> roll 1d20 Water mephit
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20 Water mephit and gets 15." [1d20=15]
* Torokasi changes topic to 'Init: (Ary (38/41) > Solmyr (22) > Water Mephit > Janda (18/21) > Crow (29/30) > Para (33) > Lilian (20)'
<@Torokasi> Ary charges straight for the water mephit, practically screaming a battle cry as he draws his sword straight at the mephit!
<@Torokasi> roll 1d20+9 charge, Battle Leader's
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+9 charge, Battle Leader's and gets 17." [1d20=8]
<@Torokasi> roll 1d10+1d6+10+3-5 this one has DR
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d10+1d6+10+3-5 this one has DR and gets 22." [1d10=8][1d6=6]
<@Torokasi> The water mephit just barely begins to rear up... before Ary's blade splits it straight in half, sending water flying across the courtyard! Ary looks around, panting slightly. "That was it?"
<AutumnCrow> "Apparently." Crow fans herself while giving him time to refresh the maneuver, "shall we?"
<@Torokasi> Solmyr exhales gently before looking around.
<@Torokasi> roll 1d20+11
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+11 and gets 13." [1d20=2]
<@Torokasi> roll 1d20+5
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+5 and gets 15." [1d20=10]
<@Torokasi> roll 1d20+3 flatfooted
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+3 flatfooted and gets 15." [1d20=12]
<AutumnCrow> OOC: if that's aimed at me, that does not hit.
<@Torokasi> roll 1d10+1 if only it was
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d10+1 if only it was and gets 6." [1d10=5]
<@Torokasi> Solmyr suddenly lets out a yelp of pain, as a crossbow bolt sprouts from his shoulder, blood spurting out!
Autumn Crow snaps her head up to see if she can see where the bolt came from!
<@Torokasi> Para blinks for just a moment before looking upward as well! OOC: Notice check
<AutumnCrow> roll 1d20+0 ahahaha
* Hatbot --> "AutumnCrow rolls 1d20+0 ahahaha and gets 6." [1d20=6]
<@Torokasi> roll 1d20+10
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+10 and gets 17." [1d20=7]
<@Torokasi> Para frowns a moment... before letting out a guttural yell, pointing at a man standing on the rooftop!
Autumn Crow makes a break for the stairs up!
<@Torokasi> Lilian steps over to Solmyr momentarily...
<@Torokasi> roll 1d6+2
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d6+2 and gets 6." [1d6=4]
<@Torokasi> and pulls the bolt out, healing as she does so! Crow can hear the man curse as she approaches the stairs, "Maise! We're gonna need some real fire power up here!"
* Torokasi changes topic to 'Init: (Ary (38/41) > Solmyr (22) > Water Mephit > Janda (18/21) > Crow (29/30) > Para (33) > ??? > Lilian (20)'
<@Torokasi> There seems to be an indistinct voice in reply, as... something white and shiny appears at the top of the stairs? It's glittering in the sun, and vibrating around rapidly, shaking and moving! A second call erupts from Para's lips as something falls into the courtyard, glistening like a cold winter in the corner opposite the stairwell, advancing quickly on Para and the group as Ary turns to look at the new threats!
<@Torokasi> roll 1d20+7 ice mephit
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+7 ice mephit and gets 11." [1d20=4]
<@Torokasi> roll 1d20-1 salt mephit
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20-1 salt mephit and gets 8." [1d20=9]
<@Torokasi> OOC: What's your Dex mod?
<AutumnCrow> OOC: +4 dex, +7 init total thanks to Janda
<AutumnCrow> OOC: er, +3 and +7. Yay typos
* Torokasi changes topic to 'Init: (Ary (38/41) > Solmyr (22) > Water Mephit > Janda (18/21) > Crow (29/30) > Ice Mephit > Para (33) > ??? > Lilian (20) > Salt Mephit'
<@Torokasi> OOC: We're starting on the uptick, Solmyr/Janda got treated as passing their turn, you've moved under the stairwell, Para spotted the threats, and Lilian healed Solmyr since she went last in the ordering. It's about 40ft move to get up the stairwell due to the zigzag. The ice mephit is in the opposite corner from you, near the team, while the Salt Mephit is above you, and the crossbowman near them.
* Torokasi changes topic to 'Init: (Ary (38/41) > Solmyr (22) > Janda (18/21) > Crow (29/30) > Ice Mephit > Para (33) > ??? > Lilian (20) > Salt Mephit'
<@Torokasi> Ary turns to the threat, sword out. "Para, help Crow! Solmyr, assist me! Lilian, you go with Para!" With that, he approaches the mephit, sword creating a blur of steel as he lashes out at the mephit!
<@Torokasi> roll 1d20+11 (+4 Steely Strike)
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+11 (+4 Steely Strike) and gets 19." [1d20=8]
<@Torokasi> roll 1d10+1d6+3-5 this has DR as well
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d10+1d6+3-5 this has DR as well and gets 8." [1d10=9][1d6=1]
<@Torokasi> The blade cuts into the ice, making a gouge into it but failing to slow the ice mephit down! Solmyr mutters as a ball of acid appears above his fingertips, before launching it at the ice mephit with a snarl!
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+3 ranged touch and gets 11." [1d20=8]
<@Torokasi> But the orb skids cleanly off the ice and into the opposing wall! Janda's harp can be heard continuing the tune it started in the streets... OOC: Crow. Inspire Courage is up.
* Torokasi changes topic to 'Init: (Ary (38/41) > Solmyr (22) > Janda (18/21) > Crow (29/30) > Ice Mephit (8 damage taken) > Para (33) > ??? > Lilian (20) > Salt Mephit'
Autumn Crow continues moving up the stairs, "On your left," she calls out to the shiny mephit as she approaches it...and proceeds to tumble past on it's right instead. (OOC: double move, tumble to get past the mephit, moving into melee range with the crossbowman if I can)
<AutumnCrow> roll 1d20+9+3 tumble thank you janda
* Hatbot --> "AutumnCrow rolls 1d20+9+3 tumble thank you janda and gets 18." [1d20=6]
<@Torokasi> OOC: Hold on!
<@Torokasi> Crow advances up the stairwell at a rapid clip, quickly making her way up and turning the corner... to a set of caltrops planted all over the final stretch! Still, Crow's light steps allow her to navigate the path with ease, and her roll swings her past the salt mephit with grace to land right next to the suddenly very nervous crossbowman! (More)
<@Torokasi> He seems to be an ordinary man, though his eyes look quite wildly desperate in shock at your arrival. Patchy black hair already balding in spots and rubbish for clothing, albeit with a great amount of pockets.
Autumn Crow smiles at the man, a cold and unnerving smile, "Hello there."
<@Torokasi> The ice mephit rumbles for a moment, before staring at Solmyr and extending a tendril of ice, two arrows of force shooting from the tip!
<@Torokasi> roll 2d4+2
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 2d4+2 and gets 7." [2d4=4, 1]
* Torokasi changes topic to 'Init: (Ary (38/41) > Solmyr (15/22) > Janda (18/21) > Crow (29/30) > Ice Mephit (8 damage taken) > Para (33) > ??? > Lilian (20) > Salt Mephit'
<@Torokasi> Solmyr takes the brunt of both magical arrows in the gut, keeling over for a moment before righting himself. Para's bow is up, trained on the salt mephit...
<@Torokasi> roll 1d20+5 arrow 1
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+5 arrow 1 and gets 10." [1d20=5]
<@Torokasi> roll 1d20+5 arrow 2
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+5 arrow 2 and gets 10." [1d20=5]
<@Torokasi> but both arrows go wide of their mark, Para muttering at this! The man stares at Crow for a moment, before... breaking and running away, very fast, through the fig trees on the roof and to a nearby hatch that he practically dives into!
<AutumnCrow> OOC: I get to AoO. If he took the withdraw action, I quickdraw my scarf and AoO the second square he moves through.
<@Torokasi> OOC: Okay, he withdraws and so you get the scarf AoO!
<AutumnCrow> roll 1d20+9 scarf away
* Hatbot --> "AutumnCrow rolls 1d20+9 scarf away and gets 23." [1d20=14]
<@Torokasi> OOC: Hit.
<AutumnCrow> roll 1d6+6
* Hatbot --> "AutumnCrow rolls 1d6+6  and gets 9." [1d6=3]
<@Torokasi> The man hardly gets away unhurt, however, as Crow's scarf slams into his back! Still, it's not enough to stop him from making his way down the hatch!
<@Torokasi> Lilian looks up, before shaking her head. "Solmyr, swap with me." With that, she crosses over to the side of the ice mephit, aiming away from Ary as a burst of colors flashes from her hands!
<@Torokasi> roll 1d20+3 Will save for mephit
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+3 Will save for mephit and gets 19." [1d20=16]
<@Torokasi> But the mephit steels itself from Lilian's color spray! The salt mephit turns quickly toward Crow, before the glinting lights around it seem to surround Crow! OOC: Will save.
<AutumnCrow> roll 1d20+7 dont' think Janda gives any bonus to this
* Hatbot --> "AutumnCrow rolls 1d20+7 dont' think Janda gives any bonus to this and gets 15." [1d20=8]
<@Torokasi> But the blinding light doesn't do more than lightly water Crow's eyes! Ary glances to Lilian with a slight nod, before attacking the ice mephit again to keep up the pressure!
<@Torokasi> roll 1d20+8
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+8 and gets 26." [1d20=18]
<@Torokasi> roll 1d10+1d6+3 christ he's being consistent
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d10+1d6+3 christ he's being consistent and gets 11." [1d10=5][1d6=3]
* Torokasi changes topic to 'Init: (Ary (38/41) > Solmyr (15/22) > Janda (18/21) > Crow (29/30) > Ice Mephit (14 damage taken) > Para (33) > ??? > Lilian (20) > Salt Mephit'
<AutumnCrow> OOC: was the DR in that?
<@Torokasi> OOC: It has been applied now.
<@Torokasi> The ice mephit receives another, deeper gouge in it! Solmyr turns away from the ice mephit despite his pain. "Here, Crow! Hopefully this makes that one fast!" At this, two missiles speed out from his palm, sinking deep into the enemy!
<@Torokasi> roll 2d4+5
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 2d4+5 and gets 12." [2d4=3, 4]
* Torokasi changes topic to 'Init: (Ary (38/41) > Solmyr (15/22) > Janda (18/21) > Crow (29/30) > Ice Mephit (14 damage taken) > Para (33) > ??? > Lilian (20) > Salt Mephit (12 damage taken)'
<@Torokasi> Janda's song continues... OOC: She's holding until after the Ice Mephit. Crow is up.
Autumn Crow wants to chase the fool...but doesn't want to run alone into his den with a mephit at her back. Turning to the salt mephit, she carefully takes stock of his defenses....then snaps her scarf out in a powerful strike. (OOC: S. Nightmare Blade)
<AutumnCrow> roll 1d20+8 concentration vs his aC
* Hatbot --> "AutumnCrow rolls 1d20+8 concentration vs his aC and gets 15." [1d20=7]
<@Torokasi> OOC: Check fails
<AutumnCrow> roll 1d20+7 dammit I keep rolling bad for that
* Hatbot --> "AutumnCrow rolls 1d20+7 dammit I keep rolling bad for that and gets 17." [1d20=10]
<@Torokasi> OOC: Hit
<AutumnCrow> roll 1d6+1 assuming the same DR 5 as the other
* Hatbot --> "AutumnCrow rolls 1d6+1 assuming the same DR 5 as the other and gets 2." [1d6=1]
<@Torokasi> OOC: This one has no DR, actually!
<AutumnCrow> OOC: 7 damage then
<@Torokasi> Crow's scarf snaps out, slamming into the mephit... which then disintegrates into a pile of dust at the sheer force of her strike.
* Torokasi changes topic to 'Init: (Ary (38/41) > Solmyr (15/22) > Janda (18/21) > Crow (29/30) > Ice Mephit (14 damage taken) > Para (33) > ??? > Lilian (20)'
<AutumnCrow> "Stairs have...spikey things on them, careful coming up," Crow calls down as she whacks the mephit
<@Torokasi> "Understood." Para calls back as the ice mephit seems to focus intently on Ary...
<@Torokasi> roll 1d20+4 Ary will save
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+4 Ary will save and gets 16." [1d20=12]
<@Torokasi> But whatever it was sees to not faze Ary! Para quickly proceeds up the stairs...
<@Torokasi> roll 1d20+5 (+3 Dex +2 shoes)
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+5 (+3 Dex +2 shoes) and gets 15." [1d20=10]
<@Torokasi> OOC: Wow I'm bad. Regardless, 10 is a miss
<AutumnCrow> hehe
<@Torokasi> And successfully meets up with Crow at the top. "Good position, bad luck for him." Para smiles grimly. "Which way?"
Autumn Crow points off, about to dash that way herself in a moment!
<@Torokasi> Lilian, down on the ground, charges the mephit, blade ready to slash across it!
<@Torokasi> roll 1d20+8
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+8 and gets 14." [1d20=6]
<@Torokasi> But her blade tinks off of the ice mephit's body! Ary steps to flank with Lilian...
<@Torokasi> roll 1d20+10
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+10 and gets 11." [1d20=1]
<@Torokasi> And his blade seems to bounce just wrong, jolting him up the arm as he attempts to strike with it!
<@Torokasi> Solmyr curses, before, "They need a healer up there with them! I'm going to follow!" With that, he makes his way up the steps...
<@Torokasi> roll 1d20 v AC 14 (+2 Dex, +2 shoes)
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20 v AC 14 (+2 Dex, +2 shoes) and gets 20." [1d20=20]
<AutumnCrow> OOC: SIGH. Anything that requires an attack roll can crit. The caltrops will need to rol lfor confirmation
<@Torokasi> roll 1d20 crit confirm caltrop conundru
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20 crit confirm caltrop conundru and gets 5." [1d20=5]
<@Torokasi> Solmyr curses about halfway up the final stretch of steps. "Bloody shit-stained corpse, that stung!"
<AutumnCrow> "Don't step on the spikes, Solmyr."
<@Torokasi> Janda looks between the two groups, before exhaling. "Ary, Lilian, finish it fast!" With that, she too begins to climb, though not reaching the spiked steps just yet!
<@Torokasi> Solmyr hisses violently at Crow's comment.
<@Torokasi> OOC: Crow's turn.
Autumn Crow follows to where she saw the man jump down the hatch, hoping that it's still open!
<@Torokasi> The hatch does seem to be open, and is about fifty feet away from the staircase. OOC: Listen check.
<AutumnCrow> roll 1d20+0 lololololnotice
* Hatbot --> "AutumnCrow rolls 1d20+0 lololololnotice and gets 5." [1d20=5]
<@Torokasi> Nothing seems to be out of the ordinary, offhand. No signs of him waiting at the bottom to shoot.
Autumn Crow jumps in the hatch, ready to strike out instantly at any ambushes!
<@Torokasi> Autumn Crow dives into... a hallway, it looks like. Poorly lit, but her back is to the wall. The only ways out are a door forward and a door to the right. OOC: That's about your turn, I think? Fifty feet to get there, five feet to get in. You can approach one of the two doors if you want.
Autumn Crow moves in a bit towards the forward door!
<@Torokasi> As Crow does this, outside, the ice mephit lashes out with two claws at the temporarily disoriented Ary!
<@Torokasi> roll 1d20+4 claw 1
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+4 claw 1 and gets 6." [1d20=2]
<@Torokasi> roll 1d20+4 claw 2
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+4 claw 2 and gets 9." [1d20=5]
<@Torokasi> But both ice scratches fail to dig past his armor, as Lilian's blade becomes a whirling maelstrom in her right hand...
<@Torokasi> roll 1d20+6
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+6 and gets 16." [1d20=10]
<@Torokasi> roll 1d20+3 opposed check
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+3 opposed check and gets 14." [1d20=11]
<@Torokasi> ...and again, the blade darts into Lilian's left hand as she lunges in!
<@Torokasi> roll 1d20+8 (+2 flanking), enemy -dex to AC
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+8 (+2 flanking), enemy -dex to AC and gets 16." [1d20=8]
<@Torokasi> roll 1d10+3-5
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d10+3-5 and gets 8." [1d10=10]
<@Torokasi> Lilian's thrust skewers the ice mephit like a rat, splitting it in half and shattering it!
* Torokasi changes topic to 'Init: (Ary (38/41) > Solmyr (15/22) > Janda (18/21) > Crow (29/30) > Para (33) > ??? (9 damage taken) > Lilian (20)'
<@Torokasi> Para comes down the hatch after Crow, landing on his feet with bow ready. He looks at Crow questioningly, glancing between the two doors.
<AutumnCrow> "Open them both, unless you can tell which one he used."
<@Torokasi> roll 1d20+10 notice
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+10 notice and gets 12." [1d20=2]
<@Torokasi> Parakloro shakes his head after a moment, before gesturing to the one in front first.
<@Torokasi> --------------------------------------

Taishyr

<@Torokasi> -----------------------------
<@Torokasi> Para moves up to the door in front of it after gesturing to it, cupping his ear at the door for a moment before shaking his head and hissing. "You or me first?"
<AutumnCrow> "Cover me," Crow responded quickly, opening the door and looking for any signs of the fleeing enemy.
<@Torokasi> Para rolls back behind Crow on her word as Crow opens the door... into a hallway leading left and right fron here, lit only slightly by weak orbs of light clinging to the ceiling and failing to drive off all the shadows.
Autumn Crow pulls the other door open as well, just in case.
<@Torokasi> This one seems to lead away from the left-right hallway, ending
<AutumnCrow> OOC: did that not go all the way through? Seems like there should be more to the sentance...
<@Torokasi> OOC: sorry, phone call+hit enter by accident. strike line
<@Torokasi> This one seems to lead away from the left-right hallway, ending at a door approximately ten feet away. The room is cluttered with various storage, though a lot of it looks like it's been smashed sometime relatively recently. Para looks down the door in front, before checking the door Crow opened...
<@Torokasi> roll 1d20+10
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+10 and gets 27." [1d20=17]
<@Torokasi> before whispering to Crow very softly as he gestures down the short hallway, "That door's ajar."
<AutumnCrow> "Good eye," Crow nods, then swiftly moves to the indicated door!
<@Torokasi> roll 1d20+5 (+2 circumstance)
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+5 (+2 circumstance) and gets 24." [1d20=19]
<@Torokasi> Para swiftly follows behind as Crow reaches the door! From it, a voice can be heard almost squeaking, "... she rolled straight up to me! Her damn whip or whatever it was almost broke my back!"
<@Torokasi> A second voice, feminine but deeper and rougher, chuckles in response. "Oh, poor iddle Riyin got his ass handed to him by a girl, again?"
Autumn Crow pauses to listen for a moment...trying to keep as quiet as possible.
<@Torokasi> Para is still as well as the man continues talking, obviously perturbed. "Look, they have to be Guild! We need to get out of here!"
<@Torokasi> A moment's pause, before the woman snorts. "Like the Guild vermin could have ever gotten in here. Talkyr and Talmuri vermin, all of them, or worse yet idiots that agree with them. Remember, we were promised this.
<@Torokasi> "Now, go stoke the damn fire. I'm cold." Her voice has a tone of boredom at this point.
Autumn Crow waits a second longer, holding up one hand counting down fingers to signal to Para when she's going to move. 3....2...1...(OOC: is Para going to buff before we go in? His stuff should be silent.)
<@Torokasi> Para nods slightly, before touching Crow's fingers gently to stop her a moment. He closes his eyes for a few seconds, a light blue sheen seeming to surround him and his weapons before he opens his eyes and nods again, ready.
<AutumnCrow> OOC: While waiting there, could I have refreshed any maneuvers?
<@Torokasi> OOC: Yeah, the conversation took a bit and you guys were quiet. Refresh up to 3.
<@Torokasi> OOC: Also, moment.
<AutumnCrow> OOC: Cool, I've only used S.Nightmare Blade and Shadow Blade Tech this fight, iirc. So I should be full up going in.
<@Torokasi> At the other end of the short hallway, Solmyr's turban pokes in a second before he himself looks around the corner. Seeing Crow and Para ready, he tenses himself as well, nodding to Crow.
Autumn Crow holds up two fingers to Solmyr, then gets ready to bust in!
<@Torokasi> Para and Solmyr nod as Crow slams the door open! (More)
<@Torokasi> The room is about thirteen feet wide and about twenty-six feet long, with a huge brazier in the middle roaring brightly. Crow can spot the man she hit on the other side of the brazier, his eyes widening already, with a middle-aged woman with long, dark red hair past him sitting at a table. On both sides of the brazier is a shambling pile of dirt and rocks that seems to rear up at her intrusion! OOC: Roll init.
<AutumnCrow> roll 1d20+4 boo no Janda
* Hatbot --> "AutumnCrow rolls 1d20+4 boo no Janda and gets 13." [1d20=9]
<@Torokasi> roll 1d20+1 man
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+1 man and gets 6." [1d20=5]
<@Torokasi> roll 1d20+0 woman
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+0 woman and gets 20." [1d20=20]
<@Torokasi> roll 1d20-1 earth mephit 1
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20-1 earth mephit 1 and gets 9." [1d20=10]
<@Torokasi> roll 1d20-1 earth mephit 2
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20-1 earth mephit 2 and gets 8." [1d20=9]
<@Torokasi> roll 1d20+5 ???
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+5 ??? and gets 24." [1d20=19]
<@Torokasi> roll 1d20+3 Para
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+3 Para and gets 13." [1d20=10]
<@Torokasi> roll 1d20+3 Solmyr
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+3 Solmyr and gets 16." [1d20=13]
<@Torokasi> roll 1d20+15 ???
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+15 ??? and gets 22." [1d20=7]
* Torokasi changes topic to ' ??? > Maise > Solmyr > Crow (29/30) > Para (33) > Earth Mephit 1 > Earth Mephit 2 > Riyin (9 (~50%?))'
* Torokasi changes topic to ' ??? > Maise > Solmyr (15/22) > Crow (29/30) > Para (33) > Earth Mephit 1 > Earth Mephit 2 > Riyin (9 (~50%?))'
<@Torokasi> Para hisses. "Crow, beware the fire!" almost as soon as she slams the door open. The woman quickly leaps from her desk, before sizing up the enemies and smirking. "Hmph. Rabble... but you aren't from this complex. I'm sorry, but you're all going to be fig food in a moment, haha!" In her hand is a solid morningstar she begins slapping into her hand. OOC: She holds her turn.
<@Torokasi> Solmyr limps his way down the hallway, raising his hands to heal himself. "Let them target me; you two figure out a way to get to and grab them." he hisses to Para and Crow. "They can never resist trying shit to a healer."
<@Torokasi> roll 1d8+3 healing up
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d8+3 healing up and gets 5." [1d8=2]
* Torokasi changes topic to ' ??? > Maise > Solmyr (20/22) > Crow (29/30) > Para (33) > Earth Mephit 1 > Earth Mephit 2 > Riyin (9 (~50%?))'
<@Torokasi> OOC: Crow's up.
Autumn Crow rolls into the room, ignoring the woman's taunt as she acrobatically tumbles towards the already injured target, better to take him out before he can do anything else. As she gets into position, she plants her feet firmly on the ground and summons the strength of earth before whacking the man with her scarf!(OOC: tumble -> Stone Bones. Want to get adjacent to the man, but within 10ft
Autumn Crow of the woman if possible)
<AutumnCrow> roll 1d20+9 every day I'm tumblin'
* Hatbot --> "AutumnCrow rolls 1d20+9 every day I'm tumblin' and gets 11." [1d20=2]
<@Torokasi> Crow safely tumbles past the earth mephit, but as she gets right next to the fire, something seems to reach outward to lash at her!
<@Torokasi> roll 1d20+4 AoO
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+4 AoO and gets 15." [1d20=11]
<AutumnCrow> OOC: Doens't even hit my flat
<@Torokasi> But Crow's momentum sweeps her past the tendril of flame as she lands next to the man, the woman easily within reach of her scarf as the man blanches! OOC: Roll for attack.
<AutumnCrow> roll 1d20+7 Stone Bones hope he's flatfooted
* Hatbot --> "AutumnCrow rolls 1d20+7 Stone Bones hope he's flatfooted and gets 9." [1d20=2]
<@Torokasi> His knees buckling manages to save him as the lash of the scarf skirts just over his head! Para sprints past the other mephit, a handaxe in his left hand and a rapier in his right as he lashes at the man from behind!
<@Torokasi> roll 1d20+7 rapier (flanking, Metaphysical)
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+7 rapier (flanking, Metaphysical) and gets 12." [1d20=5]
<@Torokasi> roll 1d6+2
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d6+2 and gets 5." [1d6=3]
<@Torokasi> OOC: +1 for Metaphysical, so 6 total
* Torokasi changes topic to ' ??? > Maise > Solmyr (20/22) > Crow (29/30) > Para (33) > Earth Mephit 1 > Earth Mephit 2 > Riyin (15 taken(~75%?))'
<@Torokasi> The man screams in pain and kneels, obviously in pain! The Earth Mephits hesitate for a moment, before the one near Crow rushes Solmyr, the one next to Para lashing out at him!
<AutumnCrow> OOC: opting not to AoO the mephit. Saving it for the dude or the woman if they provoke one.
<@Torokasi> roll 1d20+9 charge on Solmyr
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+9 charge on Solmyr and gets 18." [1d20=9]
<@Torokasi> roll 1d3+3
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d3+3 and gets 4." [1d3=1]
* Torokasi changes topic to ' ??? > Maise > Solmyr (16/22) > Crow (29/30) > Para (33) > Earth Mephit 1 > Earth Mephit 2 > Riyin (15 taken(~75%?))'
<@Torokasi> roll 1d20+7 Para 1
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+7 Para 1 and gets 10." [1d20=3]
<@Torokasi> roll 1d20+7 Para 2
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+7 Para 2 and gets 22." [1d20=15]
<@Torokasi> roll 1d3+3 Para damage
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d3+3 Para damage and gets 5." [1d3=2]
* Torokasi changes topic to ' ??? > Maise > Solmyr (16/22) > Crow (29/30) > Para (28/33) > Earth Mephit 1 > Earth Mephit 2 > Riyin (15 taken(~75%?))'
<@Torokasi> But both Solmyr and Para take the blows with relative ease, Solmyr's face scratched and Para's back bruised! The man grimaces, attempting to withdraw past both of them and behind the woman... OOC: Taking the AoO?
Autumn Crow snaps her scarf out at the fleeing man!
<AutumnCrow> roll 1d20+7 whaPISH
* Hatbot --> "AutumnCrow rolls 1d20+7 whaPISH and gets 16." [1d20=9]
<AutumnCrow> roll 1d6+5
* Hatbot --> "AutumnCrow rolls 1d6+5  and gets 11." [1d6=6]
* Torokasi changes topic to ' ??? > Maise > Solmyr (16/22) > Crow (29/30) > Para (28/33) > Earth Mephit 1 > Earth Mephit 2 > Riyin (26 taken (Down, bleeding))'
<@Torokasi> But Crow's scarf slams into him as he tries, sending him flying past the woman and unconscious into the wall! The woman's eyes are wide for a moment as the earth mephit on Solmyr vanishes into thin air, before she laughs cruelly. "A scarf? Really? What sort of ragtag fuckers are you losers?" And with a cruel grin, "And what makes you think you have time to deal with me?"
<@Torokasi> "Fire mephit. Burn this place to the ground."
* Torokasi changes topic to ' ??? > Maise > Solmyr (16/22) > Crow (29/30) > Para (28/33) >  Earth Mephit 2 > Riyin (26 taken (Down, bleeding))'
<@Torokasi> With a roar, the flame seems to come alive into a figure of fire, curling and moving for a moment before spraying a cone of fire straight at Crow and her surrounding area!
<@Torokasi> roll 1d8 DC 12 Reflex to half
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d8 DC 12 Reflex to half and gets 1." [1d8=1]
<AutumnCrow> roll 1d20+7 reflex
* Hatbot --> "AutumnCrow rolls 1d20+7 reflex and gets 26." [1d20=19]
<AutumnCrow> "Please." Crow sighs dismissivly as she sways back from the fire, "I've seen better villainy in children's books."
<@Torokasi> But Crow manages to whirl her way out of the fire, her motions creating enough of a breeze to prevent any of the fire from beginning to burn the complex! The woman snarls at this, before raising her hand, a thick, billowing mist obscuring the room up to the brazier! Crow sees her silhouette disappear in the fog... OOC: She cast Obscuring Mist and moved away from you. Your move.
<AutumnCrow> OOC: solmyr goes before me
<@Torokasi> OOC: right, thanks
<@Torokasi> Crow hears Solmyr yelp, "Damnit, she had another trick up her sleeve?" With that, something seems to aim for the fire mephit from behind...
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+3 ranged touch and gets 12." [1d20=9]
<@Torokasi> but whatever it was slams into the wall, Solmyr cursing! OOC: Now it's your go, Crow.
Autumn Crow rushes after the woman, moving swiftly through the cluttered room unhindered by it, "You two, take care of this mephit!" (OOC: moving after the woman, if I can get to her I am taking a swing! Step of the Wind Stance, ignoring difficult terrain to do it. I will just take any AoOs mephits want to make on me right now)
<@Torokasi> The fire mephit roars and tries to lash at Crow...
<@Torokasi> roll 1d20+4
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+4 and gets 13." [1d20=9]
<AutumnCrow> OOC: lolno
<@Torokasi> but misses entirely as Crow steps into the mist! She can see a form in the corner of the room, obscured by the fog, but can't tell what's going on. It definitely seems likely to be her, however...
<@Torokasi> OOC: Roll attack
<AutumnCrow> roll 1d20+7 shadow blade technique hit 1
* Hatbot --> "AutumnCrow rolls 1d20+7 shadow blade technique hit 1 and gets 8." [1d20=1]
<AutumnCrow> roll 1d20+7 shadow blade technique hit 2
* Hatbot --> "AutumnCrow rolls 1d20+7 shadow blade technique hit 2 and gets 15." [1d20=8]
<AutumnCrow> OOC: Does a 15 hit?
<@Torokasi> OOC: A-yup!
<@Torokasi> OOC: But
<@Torokasi> roll 1d100 1-20 = concealment miss
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d100 1-20 = concealment miss and gets 77." [1d100=77]
<@Torokasi> OOC: Okay, hit.
<AutumnCrow> roll 1d6+5 whaPISH
* Hatbot --> "AutumnCrow rolls 1d6+5 whaPISH and gets 7." [1d6=2]
<@Torokasi> Crow hears the woman yelp in pain as the scarf blow lands! A moment later, a form moves through the mist, launching itself at the woman with a charge!
<@Torokasi> roll 1d20+9 handax charge
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+9 handax charge and gets 14." [1d20=5]
<@Torokasi> roll 1d6+2
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d6+2 and gets 6." [1d6=4]
<AutumnCrow> OOC: miss chance?
<@Torokasi> roll 1d100 1-20 miss thank you, forgot
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d100 1-20 miss thank you, forgot and gets 89." [1d100=89]
* Torokasi changes topic to ' ??? > Maise (13 taken) > Solmyr (16/22) > Crow (29/30) > Para (28/33) >  Earth Mephit 2 > Riyin (26 taken (Down, bleeding))'
<@Torokasi> The woman screams again, "Assholes! The Mist take you all!" as whatever attacked her seems to land a blow.
<@Torokasi> roll 1d20+9 earth mephit charge
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+9 earth mephit charge and gets 18." [1d20=9]
<@Torokasi> roll 1d3+3
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d3+3 and gets 4." [1d3=1]
<AutumnCrow> "Ooh, I'll get to turn you in as a renegade magic user, an atempted arsonist, AND a suspected mist worshiper! I wonder if we'll get a bonus for all that?"
* Torokasi changes topic to ' ??? > Maise (13 taken) > Solmyr (16/22) > Crow (29/30) > Para (24/33) >  Earth Mephit 2 > Riyin (26 taken (Down, bleeding))'
<AutumnCrow> OOC: they have to take miss chance to attack us in the fog too!
<@Torokasi> roll 1d100 yep
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d100 yep and gets 78." [1d100=78]
<@Torokasi> A figure sprints through the mist, clawing the woman's assailant from behind!
<@Torokasi> The fire mephit can be vaguely seen through the mist, turning toward where Solmyr seemed to be and launching some form of attack...
<@Torokasi> roll 1d20+4 1
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+4 1 and gets 19." [1d20=15]
<@Torokasi> roll 1d20+4 2
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+4 2 and gets 21." [1d20=17]
<@Torokasi> roll 4d6 Solmyr
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 4d6 Solmyr and gets 16." [4d6=1, 5, 6, 4]
<@Torokasi> roll 4d6 ???
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 4d6 ??? and gets 9." [4d6=1, 1, 6, 1]
* Torokasi changes topic to ' ??? > Maise (13 taken) > Solmyr (0/22) > Crow (29/30) > Para (24/33) >  Earth Mephit 2 > Riyin (26 taken (Down, bleeding))'
<@Torokasi> roll 1d20+7
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+7 and gets 15." [1d20=8]
* Torokasi changes topic to ' ??? > Maise (13 taken) > Solmyr (0/22) > Janda (9/21) > Crow (29/30) > Para (24/33) >  Earth Mephit 2 > Riyin (26 taken (Down, bleeding))'
<@Torokasi> roll 1d100 1
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d100 1 and gets 90." [1d100=90]
<@Torokasi> roll 1d100 2
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d100 2 and gets 8." [1d100=8]
<@Torokasi> Crow can hear Solmyr scream in agony, and what sounds like Janda's voice shriek, before, "Goddamnit, Solmyr, you're holding me up, get back on your feet you fucking oaf-"
<@Torokasi> roll 1d8+3 CLW Solmyr
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d8+3 CLW Solmyr and gets 4." [1d8=1]
* Torokasi changes topic to ' ??? > Maise (13 taken) > Solmyr (4/22) > Janda (9/21) > Crow (29/30) > Para (24/33) >  Earth Mephit 2 > Riyin (26 taken (Down, bleeding))'
<@Torokasi> OOC: This was a bit out of order, apologies. Maise's turn
<@Torokasi> The woman in the corner...
<@Torokasi> roll 1d20+5
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+5 and gets 9." [1d20=4]
<@Torokasi> ...curses loudly. "AND YOU, RIYIN, YOU FUCKING IMBECILE, MAY YOU ROT AT THE BOTTOM OF THE RIFT!" With that, the form seems to turn toward Crow and Para, though it doesn't act... OOC: Crow's turn
Autumn Crow steps in on the woman, scarf lashing in a frenzy of motion to prevent her from moving.(OOC: 5ft step, Saph. Nightmare Blade. Will AoO anything from her that rpovokes)
<AutumnCrow> roll 1d20+8 Concentration vs AC
* Hatbot --> "AutumnCrow rolls 1d20+8 Concentration vs AC and gets 18." [1d20=10]
<AutumnCrow> roll 1d20+7 she is flatfooted vs this attack
* Hatbot --> "AutumnCrow rolls 1d20+7 she is flatfooted vs this attack and gets 26." [1d20=19]
<AutumnCrow> roll 1d100 1-20 misses
* Hatbot --> "AutumnCrow rolls 1d100 1-20 misses and gets 17." [1d100=17]
<AutumnCrow> OOC: FUCK
<@Torokasi> The scarf surrounds her, lashing out everywhere, but the obscuring cloud and Maise's movements seem to prevent any solid hits! The other form near her lashes out as well at the figure!
<@Torokasi> roll 1d20+5 handaxe
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+5 handaxe and gets 25." [1d20=20]
<@Torokasi> roll 1d20 critcheck
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20 critcheck and gets 17." [1d20=17]
<@Torokasi> roll 1d100 1-20 misses
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d100 1-20 misses and gets 95." [1d100=95]
<@Torokasi> roll 2d6+4 axe
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 2d6+4 axe and gets 11." [2d6=6, 1]
<@Torokasi> A swift chop, and the woman screams invectments as she falls over. With that, the fire in the center of the room seems to shrink in size and collapse inward into a tiny flame, the other form in the mist vanishing as well... OOC: Free act.

<AutumnCrow> "Janda, can you keep these two alive? The guild and temples both will have questions..."
<AutumnCrow> Crow wrapped her scarf back around her waist and stepped back, finally looking to see if anyone was...well, hurt too badly.
<@Torokasi> "Busy here, Crow!" Janda screams, before Crow hears Solmyr's voice as well.
<@Torokasi> "I got this patch of fire, Janda. Go! Crow, is there more fire up there?"
Autumn Crow looks around to see if there's any fires to put out!
<@Torokasi> Crow can't... see any lights through the mist except the now much dimmer brazier and something in Solmyr's direction. After a few seconds, Janda, her dress quite burnt, appears next to Crow, panting. "Where are the summoners?"
<AutumnCrow> "Doesn't seem like it...hard to see through this fog." Crow prods the fallen woman with a toe, "one is right here, the other slumped against a wall over there."
<@Torokasi> Janda hustles over to the one right there, the figure of what you suspect is Para standing nearby. After a moment, Janda's form stands and heads over to the one near the wall.
<@Torokasi> roll 1d8+3
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d8+3 and gets 6." [1d8=3]
<@Torokasi> Janda's voice can be heard after a moment, "Done with those fires, Solmyr?"
<@Torokasi> Solmyr's voice replies, "Yeah. Had it gotten any more time it could've gotten pretty bad, but it mainly just hit us two, looks like. Had it missed either of us... we'd be right fucked, I think."
<AutumnCrow> "Well...I think this will be reward well earned? Can either of you tell if anything in here is magical? ...besides that brazier, that's a given." Crow shrugs.
<@Torokasi> "Alright. Crow, both these two are stable. I got to this man just in time, but the woman was simply unconscious, not dying, thankfully." Janda calls out.
<@Torokasi> Solmyr pauses after a bit. "Actually, the brazier isn't. ... There's something near you, Janda, but that's all I see."
<@Torokasi> The mist thinning, Janda can be seen looking the man over, then the woman. After a moment, she pulls out her knife and does something to the man, before standing up. "They've got some form of marking on them. Looks like... a snake surrounding... some sort of weird bird."
<AutumnCrow> "Hmm. Well...let's salvage what we can from here, then see if we can recruit some grateful locals to help us cart them back to the Temple of Zuiseno."
<@Torokasi> "Got her mace." Para replies through the mist. Janda picks up the heavy crossbow, and Solmyr finishes up the fire cleanup...
<@Torokasi> roll 1d20+9
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+9 and gets 20." [1d20=11]
<@Torokasi> as the wall behind where Maise fell unconscious moves, shifting to the side to reveal a panting Ary and Lilian. Looking around, Lilian's face pulls a mild pout. "Damn, we missed this part? Well, so it goes. I take it this was the other summoner?"
<AutumnCrow> "Well, they weren't the best at taking hits, no. And yes, the woman seemed to be in charge, but was overconfident to the point of stupid."
<@Torokasi> "Got it. Ary, you and I can- oh." Ary steps in and effortlessly lifts Maise, causing Lilian to chuckle. "Okay, fine. Para, you and I take the man, I suppose. Follow me, everyone; there's an exit this way."
Autumn Crow nods and falls in behind Lilian for now, glad she doesn't have to carry anyone. Brute strength isn't exactly her forte.
<@Torokasi> Ary just shakes his head. "Wonder what the hell these guys were thinking..." as the group makes its way through another dim corridor and down a flight of creaky, narrow stairs, Lilian leading the way. "This place may be well off for the slums but it's hardly rich..."
<AutumnCrow> "They said something about being 'promised' something, before we busted in. I'm going to guess they were working for someone else."
<@Torokasi> "Lovely." Ary snorts. "Some thieves' organization?"
<@Torokasi> Lilian hums. "Haven't heard anything about a new one popping up, but that might just be the mark of a good one, yes? Well. Good for them, not us."
<AutumnCrow> "Who knows? They mentioned some disdain for the guild, and for talkyr and talmuri, might be some kind of racist gang for all I know. And I don't know how common yelling 'the mist take you' is here in the city, but sounds like something a potential mist worshiper might say to me."
<AutumnCrow> "Whoever they are, I'm sure the guild and temples will be abel to get something out of them."
<@Torokasi> "Relatively common." Janda replies behind Crow. "Some even use it in the form of 'mist take me', so- I mean, it's possible they're Mist worshippers, but who knows. I agree. Let the Temple of Zuiseno deal with them."
<@Torokasi> The group emerges into the cloudy day, the streets now empty. Lilian looks around for a moment, before, "To our left, and let's avoid any parties. No need to draw attention while hauling around bodies." She gives a goofy grin back to the group at this, "Trust me, I speak from experience."
<AutumnCrow> "There's a story behind that."
<AutumnCrow> "Now I just hope whatever was keeping people stuck here isn't working anymore with these two knocked out."
<@Torokasi> "Multiple." Lilian agrees as the group moves on, Janda's face as she walks besides Crow barely masking shock and concern. Solmyr glances over and chuckles, before nodding to Crow.
<@Torokasi> "I'm not spotting magic anymore, so yeah, hopefully so."
<@Torokasi> Solmyr replies to Crow before glancing around again. "Though the streets are quiet... You guys get going, I'm gonna see if I can let someone know it's clear." With that, he approaches a small food store, knocking loudly.
<AutumnCrow> "I'm not sure I like anyone going off alone right now, in case there are others...." Crow looked over to Ary to see what he thought about that at least.
<@Torokasi> Ary glances to Crow, before putting Maise down gently and joining Solmyr, the other four waiting for a moment.
Autumn Crow nods and waits as well.
<@Torokasi> After a moment, the door opens to a speckled feathered Talkyr with a dustrag over her head, anxiously looking between the two men. "If you're here for more money, I already paid. I don't have any more!"
Autumn Crow moves to stand next to Maise, ready to kick her in the head if she so much as twitches suspiciously.
<@Torokasi> Solmyr blinks at this, stuttering for a second as Ary clears his throat. "Actually, we just dealt with the summoners - a male and a female. If there's no one else, the Kestrelflight should be safe, ma'am. That's all we came to tell you."
<@Torokasi> The woman seems to stare at Ary in shock, before, "What? You killed them?"
<@Torokasi> Solmyr shakes his head. "Uh, no. Just knocked 'em out. We're taking them to the Temple of Zuiseno, and we'll be, ah, explaining what happened and making sure they're locked away."
<@Torokasi> The woman gasps a moment, before squeezing past the two and rushing to look at Maise, staring intently at her before looking at Riyin as well.
<@Torokasi> "Yes, that's them." The hatred in her voice is unmistakeable. "That's definitely them."
<AutumnCrow> "Did they have any other accomplices you are aware of?"
<@Torokasi> "Not that I know of." The woman glares, before kicking Maise in the head and snorting. "Ratokyst help me, but these two have driven my profits into the dirt. You've done us all a service. The Temple of Zuiseno, you said?" She says, voice softening. "I'll talk to Mrs. Gata and we'll see if we can send you a reward through them as well. At the least I'll get you some fresh figs. Thank you again. I'll let the rest of the compound know."
<@Torokasi> Ary nods slightly. "Just doing our duty, ma'am. Take care, and let us know if you run into any further issues."
<@Torokasi> The Talkyr woman smiles at Ary. "I will, trust me. Your names were...?"
<AutumnCrow> "We're the Manifold Team, from the Kerebos Guild," Crow nods, "I'm Autumn Crow."
<@Torokasi> The other five also introduce themselves, as the woman nods. "I'm Argona, and I'm one of the food merchants in the complex. Please, stop by whenever you're around, if you wish." With that, she retreats back to the store with a death glare shot at Maise as she closes the door.
<@Torokasi> Ary shakes his head and lifts Maise back up. "No love lost here for these two fools." he mutters as the group starts moving again.
<AutumnCrow> "No real surprise, they rather went out of the way to make asses of themselves."
<@Torokasi> "I'm just wonderin' how long this has all been going on." Solmyr mutters. "She seemed pissed, but not for her life, unlike Gata and the cloth merchant..."

<@Torokasi> The group makes good time through the slums, bypassing a few party streets as Solmyr leads the group out. As the buildings get more refined and the group makes their way into the merchant district, Solmyr pauses, looking ahead. "That's concerning. Hopefully we can take a side road to get to the Temple Circle."
<AutumnCrow> "Alright...are we still going the right way, at least? Or is the magic turning us again?"
<@Torokasi> Looking ahead, Crow can see a large crowd up ahead, milling, voices loud and grumbling. Solmyr glances to Crow. "We're going the right way - the magic's gone. But it looks like a crowd's formed ahead, and... it looks like it's precipitating a riot. I'd rather not try to cross through it." He tilts his head to a small alley to the right. "Let's try ducking through this way, instead. Sound good?"
<AutumnCrow> "Lead the way," Crow nods.
<@Torokasi> roll 1d999
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d999 and gets 656." [1d999=656]
<@Torokasi> The group quickly navigates through the alleyway, Solmyr keeping an eye out to the group's left at the large mob. After about ten streets, he snorts in amazement. "We're gonna have to go all the way down, aren't we. Goddamn, what the hell got them fussed up?"
<@Torokasi> Janda snorts near-imperiously. "Probably the same as the past few riots. Near on nothing."
<@Torokasi> Ary shakes his head. "Do you really think that little of most people?
<AutumnCrow> "Riots are a common occurance here?"
<@Torokasi> Janda glances at Ary, shaking her head. "Can you really call the past few riots based on anything other than general hatred?"
<@Torokasi> Lilian speaks up in response to Crow. "Riots, not quite, though the city's been tense lately. But mobs gathering despite guards trying to quell it, yeah."
<@Torokasi> Ary shakes his head. "People in such tight quarters, with limited resources, gather to express their anger. This is, sadly, relatively common. But riots don't benefit them, either. And those, when they happen, have usually been spiked by something else."
<AutumnCrow> "I have to admit, I've always wondered how the cities got by with so many people in such limited space."
<@Torokasi> "Poorly." Both Lilian and Solmyr reply. Janda keeps quiet, looking at the mobs with distaste as the groups keep moving.
<@Torokasi> Solmyr is the one to elaborate. "A lot of root vegetables grown in cellars, roof space and windowsills used for vegetables and fruits, and pooled resources to monopolize on any space possible. Some of the better-off poor sections, especially in the Nets and to the south of town, grow vines up and down their walls that they can harvest and use as ropes or, in some cases, food of some form. Sumotah'l's much the same way - imagine a town with a tenth of the ground area, forced to grow upwards. They've got more fruit and vegetable options, at least."
<AutumnCrow> "I'll have to bring you all to the Autumn Temple on the way out or back on some mission or another. So you can see what having space feels like. Even the nice parts of the city feel to crowded to me most of the time."
<@Torokasi> "I'll hold you to that!" Lilian smiles.
<@Torokasi> Janda smiles as well. "At some point, we can also visit my family's place. It's probably not a candle to the Autumn Temple, but it's got more space than most areas in this area, for sure. Of course..." Janda frowns. "I'd want to wait until my brothers and sisters are out of town again. Too crowded with them there."
<@Torokasi> Ary nods. "I... ...can't recommend Teriander to anyone. Sorry."
<@Torokasi> Solmyr turns left at the next street, smiling after a moment. "Okay, clear shot to the Temple Circle from here."
<AutumnCrow> "I suppose you left for a reason, hmm?"
<@Torokasi> "More family than space, but Teriander's a wreck, to be honest." Ary shakes his head. "Well. More family and following Nyci than space."
<@Torokasi> The group makes their way into the Temple Circle, getting a fair few weird looks from people, though a guard only approaches as they near the center - a Talmuri lad, probably younger than even Para, with twitchy eyes darting from person to person. "Uh... what's going on here with bringing bodies through this place?" he asks, somewhat nervously. "Did they get caught in the mob in the Northern Merchant's?
<AutumnCrow> "We're from the Kerebos Guild, these two are mages who have been summoning fire creatures in the city that the Temple of Zuiseno hired us to capture. They are still alive, not bodies at all. Just knocked out." Crow fishes out the job flyer as proof of her statement!
<AutumnCrow> roll 1d20+4 diplomancy go
* Hatbot --> "AutumnCrow rolls 1d20+4 diplomancy go and gets 8." [1d20=4]
<@Torokasi> The guard looks them over with concern, before taking the flyer and reading it. "Right. I'll come with you to the Temple, then. Where were they summoning creatures at?"
<AutumnCrow> "The Kestrelflight district. Also doing things like extorting the citizens there and somehow using magic to keep people trapped there. Don't ask me how, but I'm sure the temple will sort that out."
<@Torokasi> "Kestrelflight... curious. Reports said that place was fine last I heard, but- HEY! Jereme!" He calls to another guard, an older Talstedi man as the group walks to the Temple of Zuiseno. The man jogs up, and the two guards quietly talk before Jereme leaves, the Talmuri nodding to Crow as the group continues on. "But I'm not in charge, let alone in charge of that section, so the situation probably changed."
<@Torokasi> The group enters the Temple to Zuiseno, the lighting having shifted to a deep blue that coats the temple. A figure, seemingly semi-translucent, stands in the entryway reading a book, the hooded skeletons from before behind him. At the guard's clomping, he looks up. "Ah. Bodies for re-use, or for attemped raising?"
<AutumnCrow> "Neither, these two are still alive. Lady Elgethi sent us to capture them," Crow produces the flyer once again.
<@Torokasi> The spectral figure takes the note and glances at it. "Understood. Shame, we could have used fresh flesh. Well, she's in her room, follow the glyphs." The familiar glyph appears next to the figure as he goes back to the book.
Autumn Crow leads the way following the glyphs!
<@Torokasi> The group follows the glyphs, quickly getting to the familiar slab of rock which Lilian reaches out and touches, her other arm supporting Riyin. "We're back and with the culprits, ma'am."
<@Torokasi> The air fills with static with a moment, before dying back down; the area Lilian touch glows a faintish pink. Lilian grimaces. "She's out. Want me to go track her dow-"
<@Torokasi> A faint surge of wind, and Lady Elgethi suddenly appears next to the group. "Sorry, had stepped out to offer advice to the Temple's guards on the mob. Ah, are these two the culprits?"
<AutumnCrow> "They are indeed. Summoning mephits and somehow keeping people from leaving and misdirecting people who tried to get in to the Kestrelflight."
<@Torokasi> "Leaving and misdirecting...?" Her eyes widen at this. "We sensed no such magic. Disturbing. Please, come in."
<@Torokasi> With this, she taps the door, which seems to disappear into the dark blue air, before trotting in.
Autumn Crow heads in presumably with the others. If the guard follows, she doesn't say anything.
<@Torokasi> "So. Summoning mephits, and misdirection magic... Could you give me a briefing on the situation?" She says after seating herself in one of her chairs. "Leave them off to the side." The guard has followed, staying off to the side, though he helps Ary lower Maise down.
Autumn Crow gives her the rundown of the situation, having the others add in where she doesn't know how to describe the magic, from the trouble getting there to the reactions of the people, to what the store owner said, then finding the mephits, tracking down the summoners, the things she heard them say through the door and finally how the mephits seemed to vanish when the summoners got knocked out.
<@Torokasi> Elgethi listens, brow furrowed as she glances over the group. "It sounds like Mrs. Gata can vouch that these were the culprits, so that saves me grief of getting an independent counsel to interrogate them." At this, she looks to the guard. "Tell the Iron Tower what you just heard; the Temple of Zuiseno will strip them of their magics and methods of doing this ever again, and get what details we can before turning them over to your justice."
<@Torokasi> The guard salutes and leaves, Elgethi then turning to the group. "Any of you have a clue how they managed this? Neither of them are mages know to the Temple, which concerns me."
<@Torokasi> Janda coughs. "They have some marking. Well, the man does. I didn't check the woman, but she has a magic aura of the same type on her arm."
Autumn Crow looks to the group mages and shrugs.
<@Torokasi> Elgethi stands at this, walking over to the man and opening his shirt to study the mark. "Mmm. This, too, is unfamiliar..."
<@Torokasi> roll 1d20+15 K:N
* Hatbot --> "Torokasi rolls 1d20+15 K:N and gets 32." [1d20=17]
<@Torokasi> "Snake and hunter, snake and hunter... I know no group that uses this. But this mark is likely the key to the conjuration, at least." Elgethi harrumphs a moment. "I cannot for the life of me explain the misdirection, however. Our scrying could not have missed a field effect as pronounced as that, and yet I do not doubt your account for a second."
<@Torokasi> "Hunter?" Lilian asks after a moment.
<@Torokasi> "The bird-like creature. It's seen more near Ghen'Guldam, if I recall correctly. Known for being incredibly territorial and very vicious. Older ones gain another sets of mostly vestigal wings, allowing them to buffet their enemies with wind to knock them out of the air before diving on them." Elgethi replies. "We will interrogate them, of course, but we don't need to be concerned about ensuring justice at this point." Elgethi nods, before pulling out a medium-sized bag from a drawer.
<@Torokasi> "Your reward. Ten gold per person, plus an extra five for bringing both in alive. Thank you again. If you need services from the Temple, I will make sure your group's name is in our lists for qualified Guild members."
<AutumnCrow> "Thank you." Crow lets someone else take the bag, money isn't...really something she thinks about.
<@Torokasi> Janda takes the money and curtseys rather effectively for having something in her hand. "It was our pleasure ensuring the people are safe."
<@Torokasi> Elgethi nods before clapping once. After a few seconds, four of the hooded skeletons arrive, two each lifting the unconscious bodies and carrying them away. Elgethi watches them go, before sighing a moment. "I hate to chase you all out, but I should get back to working on getting the crowd dispersed before night falls. Enjoy your night. I'd not recommend visiting the Northern Merchant District tonight - tensions are high over the latest salt tax."
<AutumnCrow> "A salt...tax?" Crow blinks, looking to Janda.
<@Torokasi> Janda, for her part, stiffened up. "Wait, why was a salt tax introduced?"
Autumn Crow is of course leaving while being confused, the priestess did chase them out afterall. But pauses when Janda does.
<@Torokasi> Elgethi shakes her head. "The Iron Tower's estimates determined that the merchants were using too much salt for preserving meats and similar, far more than what merchants or the government can provide. It's an attempt at indirectly rationing, but... the tax is too high. The government knows this, but it purposely pegged it too high so the people would be happy when it got lowered to the levels the government wanted it at."
<AutumnCrow> "Ah...what is a 'tax'?" Crow whispers to Lilian, since it seemed Janda was about to discuss this with the priestess.
<@Torokasi> "Until then, we have to deal with the discontent. As usual." Elgethi shakes her head, sealing the room behind her as everyone exits. "Lestrad... Your family helps run the Tower, yes? If they could put pressure on the appropriate channels to wrap this up sooner rather than later, it would be dearly appreciated by the Temples."
<@Torokasi> Lilian blinks at Crow for a moment, before, "It... well, the long and the short of it is that it's money that you pay the government for use of certain services or products, which goes to the government to keep it running or helps them manage costs of certain functions or similar."
<@Torokasi> Janda shakes her head. "I'll try, but they... they don't work with that section anymore."
<AutumnCrow> "Oh. Sorry if it's odd I don't know these things, the only time anyone used money at the temple was when merchants came through. And I was never involved in any of that."
<@Torokasi> Elgethi frowns, before shaking her head. "Shame. They were good at their position there, but we'll make do. We always do, until they start burning the city down. Anyway, best of luck to all of you." And with that, Lady Elgethi vanishes.
<@Torokasi> Lilian nods to Crow. "It's odd, but it's not a big deal. All of us are used to living here, so it's more just that we wouldn't think of what you would find odd."
Autumn Crow nods, "Remind me to ask you about some things like that, later. Like...I honestly have no idea how much fifteen gold actually is, comparitively speaking."
<@Torokasi> "About as much as poorer laborers would make in a month? Used to be more, but costs and pay have both gone up." Lilian tilts her head. "We'll have to go shopping - it's probably the best way to explain any of it, is to see the prices of products up close and personal."
<AutumnCrow> "Oh, yes! I've gone through the markets a few times, but....well, I was only looking at what was there, since I didn't have any money at all I didn't pay attention to costs."
<@Torokasi> Ary shuffles his feet behind the whispering Lilian and Crow. "So... that's that done. She'll let Duessa know, and we can figure out when we're taking our next job and where later?"
<@Torokasi> Lilian nods, smiling. "Definitely; we'll plan on it, and maybe bring Janda along?"
Autumn Crow looks back to Ary, "That sounds like a good plan." Then smiling to Lilian, "And so does that!"
<@Torokasi> Ary nods as the men disperse, Janda blinking. "Wait, what did I do?"
<AutumnCrow> "Nothing, we're just making plans to go shopping later!"
<@Torokasi> "Oh! Sounds lovely!" Janda nods as the three ladies leave together.
<@Torokasi> ------------------------------