News:

No longer content with mere attendance, the middle-class suburban poseurs have begun to put their hands in the air and wave them like they just don't care

Main Menu

Miscellaneous stuff

Started by Anastasia, April 11, 2015, 02:04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

For whatever doesn't fit anywhere else. A general discussion topic for everyone.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Starting gold is 9k. Just for reference.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Okay, since all of you look to be characters with codes of conduct, I'll be talking to each of you about it soon.

- Cor, I'll talk to you about yours on Monday or so. You should have a pretty good idea by now anyway, all considered.

- Eb, I'll talk you tomorrow, since it'll involve a bit with how the fey work.

- Neph, I'll wait on your basic sheet to be posted.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Oh, and let me know when your sheets are up for sheet audits, all. Neph asked for his so I'll do that today.

<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Neph's sheet audit.

QuoteInit: +2 (+1 due to armor)

Good news. From the SRD:

QuoteThis number is the maximum Dexterity bonus to AC that this type of armor allows. Heavier armors limit mobility, reducing the wearer's ability to dodge blows. This restriction doesn't affect any other Dexterity-related abilities.

Which means you don't lower your initiative for maximum dex in your armor. So your init should be +2.

QuoteArmor Class: 22 (10 + 2 (DEX) + 2 (Natural) - 1 (Size) +1 Shield (Knight) (+8 Armor)) (+2 against dragons), 20 flat-footed, 12 touch

Okay, first of all. If your armor's maximum dexterity bonus is 1, that means the boost from your dex to AC is only 1. Second of all, I don't see a shield on your sheet. Shield block's bonus is a flat bonus to your shield bonus to AC. However, it is still contingent on using a shield. Can't block things with a shield if you aren't using one.

QuoteBase Attack: +5

So you're using your knight side for saves/BAB? Noted.

QuoteFull Attack: 1d8+7 Slashing

Okay, so where's your attack modifier and your full attack routine. The damage is only part of it.

QuoteSaves: Fort +4 (+5), Ref +1 (+2), Will +4 (+2) (+4 to All on top of this)(+1) (+2 more against evil descriptor and evil supernatural abilities)

I'd recommend factoring in divine grace into your saves, as it is active at all times. No need to sidebar it, the only way it doesn't apply is an antimagic field or if you fall. By the way, what are the numbers in parenthesis about? I'm not sure which is the actual save.

QuoteAbilities: STR 22 (+6) DEX 14 (+2) CON 20 (+5) INT 13 (+1) WIS 14 (+2+) CHA 19 (+2 more from cloak for 21 from Cloak) (+5)

Extra + in your Wisdom modifier.

QuoteHealing Belt (750) (+2 Heal checks, 1/charge for 2d8 Healing, 3d8 or 4d8)

I think this is your first game with seriously buying magical items, so lemme bring up this houserule.

Quote-Magic Item Compendium-

The Magic Item Compendium uses a different pricing scheme for magic items than the SRD standard. As such many items are under priced, I may impose price increases depending on the item. Ask me about MIC items before you buy them. Most markups are about 150% to 200% of the MIC price.

I'd mark the belt up to 1,500. By the SRD, a command-word healing item like that runs in the ballpark of 5-10k, depending on how you want to price a few aspects of it.

<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

1. Fixed Init
2. I forgot to even factor in my shield from what I bought. So it should be on there now and corrected.
3. Yes, Knight side for Saves/BAB
4. I believe I corrected the Full Attack
5. Saves updated. The extra numbers were from ability modifiers.
6. Could I buy a Cloak of Charisma that only gives +1 to Charisma instead of 2 for less so I can still afford the belt? Otherwise I can just forego the belt.

Anastasia

Quote4. I believe I corrected the Full Attack

You forgot the +1 bonus from your masterwork scimitar. That only applies to hit and not damage, and doesn't stack with a magical enhancement bonus. So it should be +11.

Quote5. Saves updated. The extra numbers were from ability modifiers.

4/1/4 base, 9/6/9 base+divine grace, 14/8/11 total. Yep, it checks out. Oh, and you forgot a + in front of your Fort save.

Quote6. Could I buy a Cloak of Charisma that only gives +1 to Charisma instead of 2 for less so I can still afford the belt? Otherwise I can just forego the belt.

Those sort of things exist but they're rare. Generally, ability score boosts (barring ones that aren't enhancement, which are super-rare and tend to be unique) come in multiples of 2. +2, +4, +6 and so on. That's because ability boosting spells usually work at +4 or similar even numbers. So I'd rather not.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Fixed the attack roll.

No problem on the cloak. I'll sort out whether the cloak or the belt is ultimately a better investment for early on.

Anastasia

Sure, just post when you've made up your mind.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Eb's up next.

QuoteAC: 23 (+4 dex, +8 cha, +1 armour), touch 21, flat footed 11

Shouldn't touch AC be 22, since you only lose the +1 armor bonus?

Quotechannel energy (11/day 2d6 DC 12)

Your DC is off. It's 10+2+8, so it should be 20 for you.

Everything else looks alright.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Anastasia

Excellent. Let me know if there's any changes.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Question: 3.5's skill list doesn't include Spellcraft for Paladins, but it does on Pathfinder's. Am I allowed to have spellcraft as a skill?

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on April 13, 2015, 10:11:59 PM
Question: 3.5's skill list doesn't include Spellcraft for Paladins, but it does on Pathfinder's. Am I allowed to have spellcraft as a skill?

I'll say yes.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite