"With great power comes the opportunity to abuse that power."

Main Menu

Miscellaneous stuff

Started by Anastasia, April 11, 2015, 02:04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Cor's up for a sheet audit now. Enjoy.

QuoteAge: 21

Do you mean merely physical age or total age?

QuoteHit Dice: 45

You mean hit points, I think.

QuoteArmor Class: 20 touch, 29 normal. [-6 armor, -3 shield, -4 flat-footed, -6 deflection]

Nothing wrong with this, though it's odd you use -s instead of +s for the values. Oh, and the +4 is dex and not flat-footed, right?

QuoteFull Attack (Freezing Touch): +7/+7 touch, 1d6+3/1d6+3, +1d8 Dragonfire Wrath

Could you run me through your hit/damage calculations? I think something's off, but I'm not sure which end it is until I see the math.

QuoteAncient Knowledge

Note this requires a 100 gp focus, which eschew materials doesn't cover.

QuoteLesser Shivering Touch

I don't have any problem with lesser shivering touch - your golden ice addon to touches is essentially the same thing so that boat's sailed - though I'll probably not allow shivering touch.  Just a heads up there if you were thinking about that next level.

Everything else looks fine. Good luck!
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

Dune, I'm just foregoing the belt for now and I'll try and buy one later in the campaign if we run across one.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on April 14, 2015, 12:00:02 AM
Dune, I'm just foregoing the belt for now and I'll try and buy one later in the campaign if we run across one.

Sure thing, noted.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Quote from: Anastasia on April 13, 2015, 11:46:11 PM
Cor's up for a sheet audit now. Enjoy.

Do you mean merely physical age or total age?

I meant appearance/physical age, and intended to make that clear after I finalized my background with you so I could list both. I'll fix it.

QuoteHit Dice: 45

You mean hit points, I think.

Yeah, it's the usual copy-paste of the block I do. I'll fix that, too.

QuoteArmor Class: 20 touch, 29 normal. [-6 armor, -3 shield, -4 flat-footed, -6 deflection]

Nothing wrong with this, though it's odd you use -s instead of +s for the values. Oh, and the +4 is dex and not flat-footed, right?

QuoteFull Attack (Freezing Touch): +7/+7 touch, 1d6+3/1d6+3, +1d8 Dragonfire Wrath

Could you run me through your hit/damage calculations? I think something's off, but I'm not sure which end it is until I see the math.

The 'math' section of the sheet covers both of those. If something is still unclear after reading it, prod me in irc?
AC-wise, I just like to list what I need to subtract from the total if X becomes unavailable due to reasons. I don't think I lose deflection while flat-footed? So it'd just be dex.

QuoteAncient Knowledge

Note this requires a 100 gp focus, which eschew materials doesn't cover.

I have some money, it'll go towards that. Got it.

QuoteLesser Shivering Touch

I don't have any problem with lesser shivering touch - your golden ice addon to touches is essentially the same thing so that boat's sailed - though I'll probably not allow shivering touch.  Just a heads up there if you were thinking about that next level.

Everything else looks fine. Good luck!

Cool!
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Good news, everyone!

It's code of conduct time! As all of you have classes with codes of conduct, I'd like each of you to write your own. These should do the following.

1. Define what behavior isn't acceptable, barring obvious things.
2. When needed, define what behavior is acceptable.
3. The code of conduct should  cover all your classes that have one. Consider it a personal definition of what you are and what you're trying to be.
4. Generally, your code of conduct should make sense for the deity you follow.
5. Restricting some behaviors is okay and can provide good material to work with. At the same time, don't paralyze yourself by being overly broad.
6. Be careful of exceptions to banned behaviors. It might make sense to say 'do not kill except for servants of Shar', but too many exceptions can make a ban meaningless.
7. As you have a deity to draw on and aren't being general like base classes need to be, I'd like a little more detail and flavor than the normal codes of conduct.

Here's an example one for Selune. I have Balyss from B3 in mind with this.

A cleric of Selune must be of chaotic good, chaotic neutral or neutral good alignment. She must strive to oppose evil, especially the schemes of Shar. She will keep the nights as a holy time of quiet reflection, joyous celebration or valiant deeds in the name of Selune. Each full moon is to be celebrated, as this is when Selune is at her brightest. Women are to be protected and guided in the Moonmaiden's name, and those that abuse women must be punished.

A cleric of Selune that becomes of any alignment but chaotic good, chaotic neutral or neutral good loses all class features and spellcasting.

That's a basic one that hits the points without too much clutter or detail. There's more than one way to do it. Here's what Sylvie from B3 would have for Oghma. She doesn't technically need one since she's a chameleon, but she does have some guidelines.

- To serve Oghma is to serve knowledge. They are one in the same. To spread knowledge is to spread Oghma.

- Protect knowledge and ensure it is not lost. Document even the smallest tidbit, write of all you find and then write of what you can learn from it.

- The collection of knowledge for its own sake is a worthy undertaking. It is worthier yet to spread it and to teach it.

- Never destroy knowledge by your own hand, save for cursed knowledge (such as books) that brings harm and madness. Even then, only destroy it if no other options avails you.

- Each year, a collection of knowledge learned should be recorded and passed to a temple of Oghma for safekeeping. Likewise, tithing of 5% of your income each year is to be done at the same time, so that this money can advance knowledge.

That's another take on it. Oghma is LN and doesn't care much about good and evil, only knowledge. So that focuses on that instead.

Go ahead and whip one up and post it here for review, and so that the other party members have an idea of what it is. Ideally we can design these so that there are no snags between each of your codes.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

A Knight and Paladin of Bahamut must be of lawful good or better alignment. He must strive to oppose evil, but take special steps to place the evil of Tiamat, evil dragons, or those that specifically aid those groups at a higher priority. As a Dragonborn as well, this requires that while there can be times for reflection and relaxation, one must never dawdle for too long or else lose sight of the goals laid out by Bahamut. Above this, as a Knight of Bahamut, one must never violate the Knight's Code knowingly.

There is one caveat to this -- Bahamut makes exceptions for acts such as lying to protect good individuals. If atonement is necessary, Bahamut or his agents will make this known. 

Specifically banned behavior: Any evil or worse acts. Anything that violates the Knight's code. Knowingly aiding or abetting evil creatures or even neutral creatures that aid Tiamat.

Anastasia

Quick note: Holding parts off or revision when more world information is available is fine.

That looks okay, Neph. More on that later.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Okay, so check this out. I could use a few days where I focus on worldbuilding here. Having three long PMs open all day is nice and all, but constantly answering questions hurts my workflow a lot. If y'all could avoid PMing me about game stuff the next couple of days, it would be aces.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Inari must be of any good alignment. She must strive to oppose evil, particularly those who corrupt nature. The exploitation of nature should be opposed but allowances can be made for survival's sake. Corrupting or warping nature is the worst blasphemy. Shelter and succour must be given to those who have need and come in good faith. A good trick or deception is to be lauded, but not if it is made for cruelty's sake - the best trick is one that teaches a valuable lesson.

If Inari becomes any non-good alignment she will no longer be considered a living goddess and may become a trickster spirit or a monster.

(Either of those would necessitate a radical change to her build and probably NPC her)

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on April 14, 2015, 02:24:15 PM
Inari must be of any good alignment. She must strive to oppose evil, particularly those who corrupt nature. The exploitation of nature should be opposed but allowances can be made for survival's sake. Corrupting or warping nature is the worst blasphemy. Shelter and succour must be given to those who have need and come in good faith. A good trick or deception is to be lauded, but not if it is made for cruelty's sake - the best trick is one that teaches a valuable lesson.

If Inari becomes any non-good alignment she will no longer be considered a living goddess and may become a trickster spirit or a monster.

(Either of those would necessitate a radical change to her build and probably NPC her)

Seems solid. More on this later.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Annerose must be of any good alignment. In any situation where a choice exists between the right and the easy thing to do, she is expected to choose correctly. The goal she is to aspire to is to help the common man; if that requires direct confrontation with evil, then so be it. But she is to seek out people to help rather than enemies to fight.

The Golden Flame has many messages, paramount amongst which are propagating the concept of unity and the importance of proper mastery of one's talents. Annerose is not expected to convert the people to the Golden Flame's worship. It is enough that its message is spread to benefit others in their daily lives.

Of particular interest to Annerose are the following capital offenses, which she must eradicate to the best of her ability:
-slavery of self-aware beings
-sacrifice of self-aware beings
-torture of self-aware beings in all its forms

No god should demand such sacrifices, and no mortal law should infringe upon a person's freedom or visit cruelty upon them. Annerose must not abide such things when she comes across them, and has to make a serious attempt to stop them.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on April 14, 2015, 04:33:05 PM
Annerose must be of any good alignment. In any situation where a choice exists between the right and the easy thing to do, she is expected to choose correctly. The goal she is to aspire to is to help the common man; if that requires direct confrontation with evil, then so be it. But she is to seek out people to help rather than enemies to fight.

The Golden Flame has many messages, paramount amongst which are propagating the concept of unity and the importance of proper mastery of one's talents. Annerose is not expected to convert the people to the Golden Flame's worship. It is enough that its message is spread to benefit others in their daily lives.

Of particular interest to Annerose are the following capital offenses, which she must eradicate to the best of her ability:
-slavery of self-aware beings
-sacrifice of self-aware beings
-torture of self-aware beings in all its forms

No god should demand such sacrifices, and no mortal law should infringe upon a person's freedom or visit cruelty upon them. Annerose must not abide such things when she comes across them, and has to make a serious attempt to stop them.

That sounds pretty good, Cor. More on this later like the other two.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

There's a new fluff post over on the rules and setting board. This isn't terribly important to any of you. It touches on a few theories of the Prime Material and why there are countless Prime Material worlds. It might impact as trivia if any of you take a lot of K:P ranks, but it's otherwise not IC knowledge for any of you. Anyway, this came about from working on some fluff for this game. I wrote out the digression and made it a post.

(Refresher/quick summary for Neph: The Prime Material is not just one world. There are countless worlds of the Prime, each separated from the others and only accessible with magic. The world with Balmuria and the United Baronies is one, Lifasa of B3 is another and the world of this game is a third.)

PS: One or more of the theories may well be subtle propaganda. As always, consider the source for flavor books.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

I've been updating and polishing houserules lately. These are over on the rules and setting board, and most of the changes aren't important. I'll mention the noteworthy ones here.

- Houseruled a lot of domains to work around a couple of banned spells. This is mostly polymorph (and related spells) and discern location.

- Gems and minerals can now be identified by K:D. The exact price can't be, that requires appraise.

- Exalted turning is houseruled to work with channel energy. Since this is an exalted campaign, it's worth mentioning.

- Axani and cansin are now LA+0 races. This matches tieflings and aasimar.

- Auril, Umberlee and Red Knight now have resurrection chance roll modifiers. This is mostly useful for me, but heads up.

- Added a gestalt tab that summarizes how I run gestalt.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

If all goes well, I hope to have a map up this weekend.
<Afina> Forever.