News:

"It occured to me while drunk, so it must have been genius."

Main Menu

Miscellaneous stuff

Started by Anastasia, April 11, 2015, 02:04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

Is anyone decent out there? As a local guru, or in a regional position of power? Someone who might be a good person despite the state of things, or even just 'tough but fair'?
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on April 18, 2015, 01:15:52 PM
Is anyone decent out there? As a local guru, or in a regional position of power? Someone who might be a good person despite the state of things, or even just 'tough but fair'?

Not a whole lot, hence the world needing heroes and inspiration. Part of the game, especially the early game, will be finding such people and creating them when needed.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Okay, so the question of how we all want to start has come up. I see two possibilities.

1. You all start apart and something at game start brings you together. Maybe you all come on something, fight together, whatever.

2. All of you are united before/at gamestart by outside factors. This boils down to me giving all of you a push and a motive.

Up to you guys to which you prefer.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

I'd prefer the first option. Can we hear a bit on the plot hook that will get us there, though?
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Nephrite

I don't have a strong preference. If we did two, we'd need to chat a bit about how long ago we met up though.

Ebiris

I think 1 would work well, we're all on the same page motives/goals wise so it's just a case of putting us in a situation where we can work together and see that there's at least two other people trying to fix things.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on April 19, 2015, 01:36:32 PM
I'd prefer the first option. Can we hear a bit on the plot hook that will get us there, though?

It'll be a surprise, but this leads to the next point. Y'all are going to be starting in Warmfolk.

QuoteWarmfolk

A port town south of Misty Harbor. Once prosperous, pirate raids have crippled the town. Many sailors have left, families have moved and only the resilient remain. Despite all the losses, the pirates continues to attack.

How you get there is up to you, so long as it isn't too torturous or otherwise impedes gameplay.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

[16:43] <Nephrite> Could we say Athear had a dream or some sort of vision about something related to Tiamat in Warmfolk?
[16:43] <Kotono> Possibly, sure. Lemme finish getting myd ucks in a row, bt that should be a problem.
[16:43] <Kotono> Shouldn't.
[16:47] <Nephrite> OK
[16:51] <Kotono> In fact, post this so I don't forget.

Anastasia

We have our map. Thanks to Merc for making it.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

If you ever come up with names for those unnamed towns or forts, I can update those into the map as well.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

Quote from: Merc on April 20, 2015, 12:10:32 AM
If you ever come up with names for those unnamed towns or forts, I can update those into the map as well.

It'll be touched on in time. You're the one that added them, but I'll deal with 'em tomorrow or Tuesday.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Yeah. I hate huge spaces of empty space, so I filled in a few more towns where it looked like it'd make sense. I'm sure there's still many more small towns in there, but as far as major places went, still felt empty with just five places and six forts.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

Quote from: Merc on April 20, 2015, 12:31:05 AM
Yeah. I hate huge spaces of empty space, so I filled in a few more towns where it looked like it'd make sense. I'm sure there's still many more small towns in there, but as far as major places went, still felt empty with just five places and six forts.

That's fine, the town rundown was meant to get the big, important ones while leaving space to work with beyond them. I would've said something if it was a serious problem.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

I don't do many spoilers, if any, but here's a few tiny ones.

- I may use healer again in some fashion. Jetina performed quite well in Lost Realm.

- As always, a good supply of hit points is important. Expect any NPCs to feature decent Con scores + toughness, unless it goes against type for them. Push come to shove, I prefer to focus on endurance for NPCs, since they don't do anything dead.

- Good aligned magic items will be tricky to buy unless you do something about that. They're just not that common in Malana right now. Likewise, price constraints for items will be a thing. Allies could help with that.

- It's worth remembering that healing isn't automatically a good act, and that bad guys have access to it as well. Of course, what the less kind will demand for healing could be prohibitive, so some of your own healing resources wouldn't hurt.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Okay, so quick character discussion.

Eb, you're looking at branching into witch slayer. Anything past that?

Neph, are you still counting on hellreaver? I know you were considering a few other options or dips.

Cor, I presume you're still going cold PrCs?
<Afina> Forever.