Author Topic: Rank 2, Mission 2: "Laughter and Tears over Tia Marias"  (Read 315 times)

Offline Taishyr

• Vamiro
Rank 2, Mission 2: "Laughter and Tears over Tia Marias"
« on: September 15, 2016, 07:15:53 pm »
<Torokasi> The group files into their usual room in Duessa's Redoubt, Solmyr and Ary bringing tea in as they close the door. "As much as I'd rather get drunk right now, I think we need to debrief." Solmyr explains, putting the teacups down as Ary puts down the two ceramic tea kettles.
<Torokasi> Lilian nods slightly as she helps pass out the tea cups, sliding one of the kettles down the table. "... Debrief Para and Mare first, then try to figure out what happened at the end there?"
<AutumnCrow> "That would be best," Crow nods, "I...certainly will not be returning to that dream. It was becoming harder and harder to stay, as if the dream knew I wasn't supposed to be there."
<Torokasi> "Curious." Ary mutters, before glancing to Mare and Para. "Anyway, the quick and dirty brief: Solmyr and I did healing and support duty at the Temple, Crow, Lilian, Janda and uh, you, Para, came by,  Solmyr talked to them and then came to talked to me, someone said the barrier was coming back up, then the dream ended after people started falling over?"
<Torokasi> Solmyr snorts. "Not everyone fell over, Ary."
<AutumnCrow> "Something about the barrier...I felt was not normal." Crow sighs, "though I lack any better explanation to give than 'not normal', unfortuantely."
<Torokasi> Lilian nods slightly. "As for Janda, Crow and myself, we woke up, went on guard duty, saw Para come toward us with refugees, got them to the Temple for healing, then... what Ary said. ...Janda, you alright?"
<Torokasi> Janda looks up from her tea, a strange expression on her face. "Head's fuzzy, but yeah, I'm okay. ... The dream ended after the barrier went up for the rest of you?"
<AutumnCrow> "....I take it for you it didn't?"
<Torokasi> "Right. It... ended at the end of the night. I was mostly just riding along for it anyway, it felt just like a normal dream." Janda nods. "You four seemed fine, honestly, is why I asked. The barrier was apparently significantly weaker... I didn't follow the full explanation, honestly. The magic involved is over my head. But the effects they were describing
<Torokasi> as a result at least explained the sickness... or dizziness? Or whatever was going on for all of us. Para, too, despite him not being actually in the dream with us. It hit basically all the trained, experienced people a lot harder."
<AutumnCrow> "Trained, experienced...people who had experience being out in the mist, perhaps?" Crow tosses a guess out.
<Torokasi> "That seems to be a part of it, though Ms. Kila apparently collapsed as well in that timeline despite only being out in it once, as did a lot of the higher priests of Ratokyst... I mean, it's possible that Mist exposure is why. I don't know for sure."
<Torokasi> "And, I mean, everyone got exposed to some Mist when the barrier went down. ...maybe that was the more direct point of the attack? Low-level mist poisoning anywhere that didn't directly fall?" Lilian asks, drumming her fingers on the table.
<AutumnCrow> "The barrier wasn't down that long, and while mist poison is dangerous...would low level mist poisoning really be that much a victory for the force of the mist, even on such a wide scale?"
<Torokasi> "Point." Lilian shrugs. "...I dunno, I have no other ideas right now. Did anything else happen, Janda?"
<Torokasi> "Mmm. I saw Hikoi and Marisa, who apparently survived the attacks and were in town... The barrier going up seemed to have badly dazed Hikoi, but they were waving priests off, saying they expected it. Marisa was just unconscious after the shockwave. One of the priests was trying to contact Flynn to no avail." Janda recites. "It sounded like you and Lilian
<Torokasi> were going to talk to Hikoi about something once they recovered."
<Torokasi> Para looks between the group. "...I was there?"
<Torokasi> Janda, Lilian, and Solmyr give each other exasperated looks, before chiming in unison, "Yes."
<AutumnCrow> "And dream Para said more in that one conversation that I think I've heard you say the entire time I've known you," Crow chuckles.
<Torokasi> "...Weird." Para notes, leaning back. "Why?"
<AutumnCrow> "He had to give a report on what happened with his caravan," Crow explained, "which that Para was still travelling with instead of living in the city. The caravan got...shifted, I suppose, from near nlocomo to here."
<Torokasi> "...Caravan?" Para tilts his head. "... Oh. ...My aunt was still alive?"
<AutumnCrow> "An aunt was mentioned, yes."
<Torokasi> Para's face looks downcast for a moment, before looking up. "...We gave the last one to the Guild. ... If we find another, may I use it?"
<AutumnCrow> "Oh I didn't give it to the guild." Crow smirks, "They already knew what the fragments were, no need to let them have it to study. And...once we met Miss Kyrat, I rather lost all desires to be unduly generous."
<Torokasi> Para's head jerks up.  "...May I, then?"
<AutumnCrow> "You'll have to wait until we head back to Uhlemi to use it, but it is spoils for the group, you're no less entitled to one than any of the ones who used it already," Crow nods.
<AutumnCrow> "You..." Crow sighs, "might not see THAT reality, though."
<Torokasi> "... Oh." Para shrugs. "...I figured... she'd be dead in any timeline. If not, I don't mind trying until I see her."
<Torokasi> Ary glances at Crow. "Beg pardon? We all saw the same thing, didn't we?"
<AutumnCrow> "It's apparently an anomoly that the four who used the fragments all saw the same reality, according to what the overcore said. Usually no two people see the same one..." Crow shrugs, "of course normally people don't have a magical dream princess snooping on thier fragment induced alternate realities."
<Torokasi> Lilian blinks. "...Shit, they did say that. ... That's actually incredibly bizarre, but I remember that now. By Sath, this is all far too strange."
<Torokasi> "Not Erest Rosen?" Mare smirks.
<AutumnCrow> "Nor, I would imagine, are they using these in the immediate aftermath of such a massive event as the catacylsm," Crow adds, with a nod to Ary, "there's more than one explanation, but who knows which one is which."
<Torokasi> "Erest Rosen is a calm and level headed god leave him out of this nonsense." Lilian replies with an eye quirked at Mare, who just grins back.
<Torokasi> Ary nods slightly. "Yeah. I guess that's so. ...Okay, so next question. What do we tell the Guild about all this?"
<AutumnCrow> "I...I'm not sure, to be honest. I'll ask that you leave my involvement out of it, at least for now. I don't think it's a good idea for the guild to learn of my dream abilities yet. I can't say exactly why, it's just a gut feeling." Crow shakes her head.
<Torokasi> "Okay. So we don't mention your abilities... Do we mention what we saw? Like, the barrier going back up, that being the end of the dream? Or should we cut it off after the Cataclysm, not that that gives us much to talk about?"
<Torokasi> Lilian asks, frowning.
<Torokasi> Janda says after a moment, "As much as we can without involving Crow or Baelfang, I think. It lets us keep our stories... relatively straight. I'm not going to remember to keep it down to just the Cataclysm portion, honestly."
<AutumnCrow> "The dreams are supposed to end after your...deaths, remember. They apparently always end that way, I think my interferance is the reason it didn't."
<AutumnCrow> "Anything we report, they'll want to know how you died..." Crow sighs, "when that hasn't happened."
<Torokasi> "... So say Baelfang killed us?" Solmyr asks after a pause. "Seems like what would have happened without your interference."
AutumnCrow stays quiet, not really comfortable asking them to actively lie instead of just not bringing something up...
<Torokasi> "...Well, we all had the same dream, right? I can tell them that we met up and then Baelfang ripped us a new one. Accurate to what would've happened in that we all technically survived a bit into the Cataclysm, and it's, like, not that far off. And if we basically all had the same dream, there's no reason for all of us to tell it, so I can just speak up
<Torokasi> about it." Lilian shrugs. "Let me and Solmyr handle it, I guess is what I'm saying. If you're up for that, Solmyr."
<Torokasi> "Ah, sure." Solmyr nods after a moment. "....Janda, you were most affected. Is there anything you want to make sure we work into the story somehow, so if asked you can talk about it?"
<Torokasi> Mare blinks but remains silent as Janda glances at Solmyr. "Ah- uhhhh...." After a moment, she nods. "Tell them I ran into Hikoi and Marisa at the Temple of Ratokyst. That, plus knowing the Trio die-died in the attack, should be enough that I ... don't slip up much? I hope? If they ask me? I mean, I didn't get to talk to them much and I can talk about my
<Torokasi> work as a guard captain over there fine without messing things up, but..."
<Torokasi> Solmyr nods. "Sure, I think we can cover that. Lilian met with Ary, myself, and you in the Temple Circle and then Baelfang showed up...  I think that matches things up?"
<Torokasi> "Alright. Solmyr and I can go give that report after we're done here, then. ...Is there anything else we need to talk about, Crow?" Lilian asks, glancing at Crow with a hand on her shoulder.
<AutumnCrow> "...at this point I have enough to talk to my mother about that it's getting time to head back to the temple soon. But I didn't want to go back before reaching M2." Crow is quiet for a moment, then looks to Janda, "Janda, can you figure out what else would be needed for our group to reach M2? Otherwise I think our next step is to collect what we can for this last mission, get the warning out
<AutumnCrow> about the alchemist, check in with miss Kyrio to see if there's anything for us to follow up on with her lizard problems yet, and then...see about organizing a guild trip back to Uhlemi."
<Torokasi> "Sure, I can do that. ...They don't really fast-track groups, usually, but finding a massive ancient ruin and time fragments may be enough of an argument." Janda nods. "I can do that while Solmyr and Lilian report in."
<Torokasi> "...It'd be weird to leapfrog Isabella's group, but they seem content to focus on Isabella's alchemy for the most part." Solmyr comments. "I don't think any of them would have issues with it, either."
<AutumnCrow> "We also carried ourselves rather well in the cataclysm for what that's worth," Crow nods, "...alright, anyone else have anything to note?"
<Torokasi> "Not offhand." Lilian shakes her head.
<Torokasi> The rest of the group indicates completion, Ary draining the last of his tea and setting the cup down. "It always tastes weird when it's soaked too long. Bleah. Uh, I'm going to swing by the temple, if that's alright. We clear for the rest of the day, or should we meet up this evening?"
<AutumnCrow> "No, we're clear. I'm off to go give the full debrief and report to the Temple of the Weeping Lady, myself."
<Torokasi> "Alright." Ary nods as the group heads off...
<Torokasi> Crow walks over to the Temple through the festival preparations, banners and cheerful colors flying everywhere - even in the Temple of the Weeping Lady, the predominately blue and white marble temple overlayed with festive purples, yellows and pinks. Eventually, she finds her way to Shawdine, who smiles briefly at Crow before listening to the report. <More>
<Torokasi> As Crow finishes, Shawdine fishes out a coin purse. "This has seventy of the gold in it. On the one hand, you were an immense help in catching the thief and quelling the spirits, and from both your account last night and today, I don't think most the bones were at all recoverable after what Bulchir did. So my request is this, and I hope it's uncomplicated;
<Torokasi> if you can figure out where Bulchir was residing while working at that shop, or your group figures it out, I'll chip in the remaining thirty and call that just compensation for the loss of the bones. Acceptable?"
<AutumnCrow> "I..." Crow takes the pouch and shakes her head, "I'm sorry, but those kind of investigations aren't our specialty. If we do stumble across him, we will absolutely capture him, but we don't really have the kind of skillset to track down where he was living from that shop. You should use that remaining thirty to hire someone who has those skills...I can even give you some back if you don't
<AutumnCrow> think thirty will be sufficient to cover that cost, we did not manage to capture the actual culprit or reclaim the bones, after all."
<Torokasi> Shawdine shakes her head as well. "I explicitly asked you to catch the thief, which was done with no harm to his sorry head. I thank you, too, for being honest about your group's capabilities. A different offer, then - should I hear of hostile spirits, I will contact Manifold first. Acceptable?"
<AutumnCrow> "Hostile spirits we can certainly deal with," Crow nods, "As well as actively hostile just about anything else. Our team is extremely combat focused, and self sustaining at that thanks to Janda and Marion."
<AutumnCrow> "Also, I am heading back to the guild, if you want me to post something for you in the redoubt looking for an investigative group I can do so."
<Torokasi> "Hmhm." Shawdine chuckles. "Janda is quite the capable one. Very well. Thank you very much for your efforts. Forgive me, too, for hoping I have no need to contact you about ghosts any time soon."
AutumnCrow chuckles and waves off the concern, "of course, I'd rather not fight any more of them either."
<Torokasi> Shawdine nods at Crow. "I'll look into the fees and other factors first, then head over and post it this evening. Have a blessed day, Autumn Crow."
<AutumnCrow> "Thank you, and I hope you find the people you need," Crow nods and heads off to give Janda the coin to hold onto.
<Torokasi> The group eventually reconvenes back in the public space of Duessa's Redoubt, relatively packed at this point in the evening both on the first and second floors, but the group still finding adequate seating along the edge. Lilian is the last to sit down, shaking her head. "Well, there's a ton of jobs... and a ton of people at the board, so I just asked the
<Torokasi> bartender to bring us copies of the requests when he gets the chance. Duessa's apparently pulling a private gig somewhere else in town."
<AutumnCrow> "Likely helping someone set up for the festival," Crow nods, "tomorrow strikes me as a day there will be a lot of drinking going on."
<Torokasi> "Entirely too much." Janda grouses. "I will take any job that keeps us away from the festival areas."
<Torokasi> "I'll take any job that takes us -to- the festivals, meanwhile." Solmyr grins.
<AutumnCrow> "I suppose we can split up...or we can sit it out and just enjoy or dodge the festival individually as we please, it's not like we're hurting for coin," Crow laughs at the both of them.
<Torokasi> Lilian chuckles. "That's fair. I'm kinda hoping for something interesting, but beyond that I'm willing to try and enjoy the festival, be it taking part in or avoiding it."
<Torokasi> The bartender eventually comes up with... something of a large stack of papers. "This is the M1 copies. If you could return anything you don't want to look into when you're done, that'd be great." With that he practically vanishes into the crowd, leaving a stack of papers almost up to Janda's nose in front of her.
<Torokasi> "...So, uh, do we have any way to eliminate jobs we don't think sound good?" Ary asks. "Just go for stuff we're interested in, stuff that pays well...?"
<AutumnCrow> "Just things we're interested in," Crow nods, "and since Solmyr and Janda have the strongest opinions, we can split the stack in half and let them handle the sorting while we give input," she smiles sweetly at the two of them.
<Torokasi> Solmyr and Janda glare at each other, and Crow is relatively confident she can hear shoes scuffling under the table, but the stack gets divvied up between the two as they leaf through jobs... OOC: Rolling some numbers.
<Torokasi> Solmyr's pace seems to be a lot faster than Janda's once he actually gets down to looking through the jobs, a sizable number of papers landing face down in front of Ary quickly before Solmyr pauses. "Hm. These two seem okay, though they wouldn't require all of us. ...Hell, Lilian and I could probably do this gig alone and make some decent money - they're
<Torokasi> asking for illusions and flashy effects for a play and offering a decent amount of gold, and this one is asking for people skilled in performance or other advertising methods to perform for a bit in exchange for some potions. Could be worth it, could be a total wash - I don't recognize the name of the alchemist, though that means nothing."
<Torokasi> "What's 'a decent amount of gold'?" Lilian asks skeptically.
<Torokasi> "...15 per person if it's up to par." Solmyr replies after a moment. "Rated based on quality so... probably requires people to buy the illusions?"
<AutumnCrow> "Janda and I can perform, but I'd rather not perform as advertisement for something," Crow notes flatly.
<Torokasi> Janda nods slightly. "Ditto."
<Torokasi> Solmyr nods slightly and flips the second piece of paper over to Ary's pile, still looking through his list. "A lot of this, for reference, is bodyguard, janitorial, or low-price festival work on a few different fronts. Might've been good if we needed the money but we don't."
<Torokasi> "Bodyguard?" Ary asks, curiously.
<Torokasi> "'Make sure no one beats us up when we get drunk and start groping crotches, signed a rich person.'" Solmyr replies sardonically. "Forgive me if I estimate none of us would be up for that."
<AutumnCrow> "You estimate correctly," Crow again replies flatly.
<AutumnCrow> "...I also will have no intention of sparing any such person who should make unwanted advances on any member of this group," Crow adds, "no matter how rich they are, nor who thier bodyguards are. I plan to wear my guild pin openly during this event."
<Torokasi> Janda's pace is much slower as she reads through the documents meticulously, though her face practically stays in a permanent scowl through the entire thing. Solmyr gets to near the end of his pile before stopping again. "It's not a paying job, but... well, it's the second evening only, which is sort of the big night, but that's probably why they're asking
<Torokasi> for this... I don't know where it's at, though. Just says to ask Duessa for more information..."
<AutumnCrow> "...if it's not a paying job, what are they offering?"
<Torokasi> With that said, he shrugs and slides it over for Crow to read: "Performers wanted to help calm Children and those Frightened by the Thunder Drums on night 2 of the Festival of Storms. Please talk to Duessa if interested. No financial payment available."
AutumnCrow looks it over, then slides it to Janda, "if you want to take this one, you're certainly free to."
<Torokasi> Janda reads it briefly, her eyes widening. "I think I will. You're welcome to come along, of course, but I think I definitely will."
<Torokasi> After a moment, Janda pulls out another one. "Temple of Magdanae wants added security during the festival. Possibly low-paying, they don't specify because of course they don't, but it could be an inroad for work with them. And this one...... wait, 'only nubile men need apply', never mind, only Solmyr would want this."
<Torokasi> "... wait, this one's from Redola." Janda pauses near the end of her stack. "Wanted: Anyone with experience in active dreaming or dreamwalking for testing. Willing to pay up to 100 gold for successful completion of tests."
<AutumnCrow> "That may stretch the definition of nubile some degrees," Crow deadpans, then continues, "but about the work for the temple of magdanae..." crow then goes quiet and just shakes her head motioning that last one off, "we can at least ask what they're offering and what times and places they'll need the security."
<Torokasi> Janda blushes a bit and buries the paper with Redola's job on it, catching her error as she looks back to the one for the Temple of Magdanae. "Says to contact Sister Lenneth the morning of the first day. Might as well?"
<AutumnCrow> "That should be fine. We don't have to take the job if we don't want, and if you two want to try the illusions and entertainment job," she looks to Solmyr and Lilian, "feel free."
<Torokasi> "Alright. Seems like a slow few days, but that should be a good thing." Lilian smiles.
<Torokasi> -------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Taishyr

• Vamiro
Re: Rank 2, Mission 2: "Laughter and Tears over Tia Marias"
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 02:40:28 pm »
[2016-09-15 18:18:32] <Torokasi> Crow, Solmyr, and Lilian head to the Temple of Magdanae bright and early in the morning, the fireworks already popping and coloring the drab sky. The inside of the Temple of Magdanae is an immense light show - lightning arcing from the rooftops down onto purple and white orbs lining the halls, and illusionary light shows dancing across the walls. The priest
[2016-09-15 18:18:32] <Torokasi> just inside directs the three toward the altar,  where a striking woman is talking with priests, armed with a sword, a lance, and a bow, all engraved with lightning bolts. As the three approach, one of the priests turns and hustles off, and the woman glances behind her. "Here for the job posting, I take it."
[2016-09-15 18:20:12] AutumnCrow is wearing her guild pin openly, so she smiles at the assumption, "At least to find out what all it entails, yes. I'm Autumn Crow, from team Manifold. Are you Sister Lenneth?"
[2016-09-15 18:24:40] <Torokasi> "That I am." Lenneth turns to the group, looking them over briefly. "Honestly, you're probably overqualified, but if this is what you want to do, so be it. Your group, or whomever wants to from it, would be monitoring one of the entrances to a storehouse. Normally we'd handle it but our hands are full with this festival. It'd be eight hours to a shift,
[2016-09-15 18:24:40] <Torokasi> starting around noon. Don't need to go in, just direct people away and... I don't know. Practice, play cards, whatever amuses you. It won't be within line of sight of any of the shows, for what it's worth. Otherwise we'd just give you free attendance to those as payment."
[2016-09-15 18:29:07] <AutumnCrow> "Ah." Crow shrugs, "well, I'll pass that along to the others to see if anyone wants to take a shift, Ary might if Rei doesn't already have him doing things today." Hearing that it was basic door guard work made her interest wane rather obviously, "the add didn't have too much information about what exactly 'additional security' entailed, so I thought I'd come ask at least."
[2016-09-15 18:31:36] <Torokasi> "Understood." Lenneth nods, looking the three over. "... Autumn Crow, of Manifold. If something more interesting comes along I'll have someone find you."
[2016-09-15 18:35:08] <Torokasi> "...Actually. If you're willing to do something a bit more complicated, we have a few deliveries we need to make, and we need to make sure they're not... taken." Lenneth comments after a moment, frowning. "Anyone from the temple would probably be recognized, but you three would probably not be. We can split the items up into bags to make them easier to
[2016-09-15 18:35:08] <Torokasi> carry... Any interest?"
[2016-09-15 18:36:43] <AutumnCrow> "Hmm. I still don't know the city too well, but..." she looks over to Lilian, "if you do, and if it's light enough for say the two of us and Para to handle it? I was mostly just planning on wandering about the city today anyway."
[2016-09-15 18:41:02] <Torokasi> "Pretty sure I can get us anywhere we need to go in town, barring obscure locations or specific people's houses." Lilian grins.
[2016-09-15 18:44:21] <Torokasi> Lenneth nods slightly at this. "The first delivery would be to a man in the Southeastern District, specifically at the intersection of Ekhans and Koufing - Mr. P's  Pleasantries. Jerid, go split the load into three bags. If you want to go get this Para and come back here, we should be ready by then."
[2016-09-15 18:46:49] AutumnCrow turns to Solmyr, "I figured you'd have things you'd rather do than run deliveries, for the festival. So...could you send Para this way and then...well, do whatever it is you want I suppose."
[2016-09-15 18:51:14] <Torokasi> Solmyr grins. "You've got me figured out, I suppose. Will do." With that he trots off at a quick pace toward the Temple. Lenneth watches him go for a moment before looking back to Crow. "Not fond of the festivities, or generally prefer to be productive?"
[2016-09-15 18:53:25] <AutumnCrow> "To be quite blunt, I'm hoping to fast track the group to M2 as fast as possible," Crow grins shamelessly, "so I'm hoping that working during a festival will look good. Also yes I do generally prefer to be productive."
[2016-09-15 18:58:32] <Torokasi> Lenneth laughs, an almost chime-like quality to it.  "I remember my days in the Guild well. A good motivation, that. Should the request go well, I'll make sure to put a good word in."
[2016-09-15 19:02:21] <AutumnCrow> "That would be appriciated. We've actually already done work for three other temples, and Ary is a member of the Silver Guard, so we're also sort of...I suppose working our way around the temple circle to have done at least something with everyone."
[2016-09-15 19:05:25] <Torokasi> Lenneth nods to this. "My superiors rarely approve high payouts unless you're a member of the Temple, but they don't hesitate to show favor to outsiders regardless. Father Odin in particular is willing to heap praise on any for a job well done."
[2016-09-15 19:10:25] <Torokasi> After a few minutes longer, Para jogs in, approaching the group. "...Something for us to do?" His voice is barely audible over the ambient sound of the illusions.
[2016-09-15 19:11:51] <AutumnCrow> "Delivery work," Crow answers plainly, "it'll keep us moving at least and probably take up most of the day."
[2016-09-15 19:12:20] <Torokasi> "Excellent." Para grins.
[2016-09-15 19:13:33] <Torokasi> Lenneth looks the three over before nodding slightly,  the priest from earlier returning with three heavy-looking bags. "These are popular targets for muggers, which is why we're entrusting this to you three. Take care and don't mention who you're doing this work for. Everyone keeps an ear out for these."
[2016-09-15 19:20:30] <AutumnCrow> "Anyone attempting to rob me will promptly have the worst day of thier life, I assure you." Crow smirks, then eyes the bags, "though I do have to ask, you've peaked my curiosity enough, what exactly are we transporting?"
[2016-09-15 19:28:58] <Torokasi> "Fireworks. Custom-made." Lenneth replies. "Pre-designed for the effects we want, which makes them rather expensive... and some of them are rather explosive, especially in the wrong hands."
[2016-09-15 19:33:41] <AutumnCrow> "Which is the absolute last thing this city needs right now, is some lunatic setting fires." Crow nods, then looks at her people, "Lilian, you're on pathfinding in the city, Para you're on lookout, treat this like we're in the mist, full alertness." Looking back at Lenneth, she smiles, "we'll be on our way as soon as we have addresses then, and you can write this up as an official job
[2016-09-15 19:33:41] <AutumnCrow> retroactively while we're out I suppose?"
[2016-09-15 19:41:31] <Torokasi> "Will do. The address is Mister P's Pleasantries on Ekhans and Koufing - it's near the market square that's just off Colbran Circle. You know that area, Lilian?"
[2016-09-15 19:41:55] <Torokasi> Lilian nods. "I've been to that market square a few times, yes. No problem."
[2016-09-15 19:46:16] <AutumnCrow> "You said a few deliveries, are there multiple stops or just multiple deliveries to this one place?"
[2016-09-15 19:47:09] <Torokasi> "Once you return we'll have the delivery ready for the next location. Right now they're still putting it together." Lenneth shakes her head slightly. "Any other questions?"
[2016-09-15 19:51:40] <AutumnCrow> "There is the matter of payment, but I'm not really in the mood to haggle right now so I'll just trust it will be a fair compensation with consideration if we do happen to get attacked," Crow shrugs, "Lilian, lead the way."
[2016-09-15 19:55:02] <Torokasi> Lilian nods and leads the group out of the temple, commenting as the group turns to the southeast, "Honestly, we've been well paid by most standards up until now. Even if this one's low it won't be too bad, and it seems like Lenneth'll vouch for us, at least."
[2016-09-15 19:57:11] <AutumnCrow> "Honestly if they want to pay us in things like some holy water or a couple alchemical tricks for you or Solmyr to employ instead of coin, that's fine by me. I'll let you handle any negotiating for pay, I'm still...well, not quite used to what value money actually has." Crow shrugs.
[2016-09-15 20:00:07] <Torokasi> "Gotcha. I'll see what they can offer, then, when we get back." Lilian nods slightly. OOC: Moment, rolling dice.
[2016-09-15 20:13:04] <Torokasi> The trio makes their way into the southeast part of the city, attempting to carry the bags casually through the crowds of milling people. Lilian looks around after a moment, "Should just be two blocks further south, I think."
[2016-09-15 20:13:18] <Torokasi> Para nods slightly. "Good. We're being followed."
[2016-09-15 20:14:54] <AutumnCrow> "Of course we are. How many?"
[2016-09-15 20:15:41] <Torokasi> "Six. They move poorly. Didn't read us right." Para says. "Janda could punch them out."
[2016-09-15 20:20:47] <Torokasi> "...Let's get the fireworks in before handling them, if we can?" Lilian suggests. "We really aren't that far away."
[2016-09-15 20:22:16] <AutumnCrow> "That's fine. Para, if they rush us take my bag so I have both hands free to fight. If they're common thugs I can handle six alone, you focus on keeping the prize out of thier hands."
[2016-09-15 20:28:38] <Torokasi> "Got it." Para nods slightly as Crow spots the signage of Mr. P's Pleasantries on a building closing in in the distance... before Para comments, "...I just lost track of one. I don't think they're approaching, but... be careful. I'll be ready to get your bag."
[2016-09-15 20:31:56] AutumnCrow sighs, "Of course. Let's just pick up the pace to see if we can surprise them, hmm?"
[2016-09-15 20:34:43] <Torokasi> Lilian nods quietly as the three quickly pick up speed toward the store, making it in a relatively short amount of time... to see that the door is locked and the sign indicates the store is closed. "This is suboptimal." Lilian comments bitterly, before knocking on the door.
[2016-09-15 20:36:55] AutumnCrow hands Para the bag and slips her scarf out with a moderately annoyed expression.
[2016-09-15 20:38:18] <Torokasi> Para takes the bag and turns so his back is to the wall. Crow can spot at least two of the likely followers instantly - cocky youth, one flourishing a dagger and one with a metal chain in his hands, tugging at it impatiently. The crowd seems to be giving this area a wide berth, multiple sets of eyes watching with relatively little emotion.
[2016-09-15 20:40:33] AutumnCrow steps out just slightly ahead of the others, so they can keep themselves between the protection offered by Crow and the wall of the shop. Then...she outright smiles at the man with a dagger...the smile is not a pleasant one, it is a smile that promises a horrible experience should he think about doing anything stupid.
[2016-09-15 20:42:09] <Torokasi> "Looks like this li'l game of cat and mouse is up, eh?" The man with the dagger smiles first, lazily switching the dagger between hands. "You guildies don't really respect the rules anywhere else in this town. Guess we've gotta teach 'em to you all again."
[2016-09-15 20:43:51] <AutumnCrow> "Oh dear, and what rules would those be? I'll even humor you by pretending to care." Crow's smile turns frankly mocking.
[2016-09-15 20:45:47] <Torokasi> "For one, that you pay proper respect to the people that own th' road, dearie." The man with the chain giggles. "Your people don' get to just come in whenever, specially on our holy days. It's awfully rude."
[2016-09-15 20:46:51] <Torokasi> "Respect in this case means a fee, of course. We'd settle for those lovely packages you've got for Mr. Panoly, mind." The knife-wielding cretin follows up.
[2016-09-15 20:48:25] <AutumnCrow> "Own the road? Really? Perhaps you should post signs, this road belongs to...whatever group of gutter trash you pretend is organized enough to 'own' something, i suppose." Crow's smile hardenes, "and is that what respect means here? Where I'm from, respect is earned, so sure, you can have your respect if you prove to me you deserve it." (more)
[2016-09-15 20:50:04] AutumnCrow snaps into a fighting stance, loudly declaring, "I am Autumn Crow, daughter of Autumn Dragon and warrior of the Autumn Temple!" with style and flare, she spins into a quick series of kicks and whip strikes with her scarf leaving no doubt as to the force behind those blows, "tell me, so called owners of the road, who are you to demand respect from me?"
[2016-09-15 20:50:25] <AutumnCrow> OOC: she'll take 10 for a 23 on a perform check to look impressive while doing that.
[2016-09-15 20:54:08] <Torokasi> The two thugs freeze for a moment, before the knife wielding thug shouts, "Damnit, drop them already!" Suddenly, a loud sound is heard overhead...! OOC: Ref check for yourself and Para.
[2016-09-15 20:55:13] <AutumnCrow> OOC: Crow gets a 25, para gets a 22.
[2016-09-15 20:58:24] <Torokasi> At the sound, all three Manifold members smoothly jump away from the area in front of the store! Mere moments later, a wave of foul-smelling liquid crashes down where the three were originally standing, practically evaporating as it hits the ground on contact! The knifeman's face contorts as Crow's jump lands her a bit closer, as the two turn...! OOC: You
[2016-09-15 20:58:24] <Torokasi> have the scarf out, you could try to AoO one as they turn and run if you want.
[2016-09-15 20:59:04] <AutumnCrow> OOC: I will do so, and I will charge a second one afterwards to show them I mean business
[2016-09-15 20:59:55] <Torokasi> OOC: Go ahead.
[2016-09-15 21:00:13] AutumnCrow snaps out her scarf at the knife wielding spokesman, a heavy whip slash aimed at his legs as he tries to run! (OOC: rolled a 12 for a 21 total attack. 10 damage)
[2016-09-15 21:00:29] <AutumnCrow> OOC: also this is NOT nonlethal. She is trying to break bones here.
[2016-09-15 21:01:23] <Torokasi> The scarf tangles around his legs, tripping him and slamming him into the ground with ease, knocking him unconscious with a sharp crack as the other one begins to run...! OOC: Charge if desired~
[2016-09-15 21:02:52] AutumnCrow snaps forward dashing after the chain user, closing this time not with her scarf but with a summer style flying kick to push the whole of her weight into his back and force him to the ground as well! (OOC: rolled a 7 for a 17 to hit. 8 damage)
[2016-09-15 21:03:22] <AutumnCrow> OOC: This one IS nonlethal
[2016-09-15 21:07:48] <Torokasi> Crow's foot lands square in the small of the chain-wielder's back, slamming them forward! He still seems to be able to act... but is stumbling about, staggering from the force of the blow. OOC: He's staggered and not really going to fight back, other guy is probably in need of healing to stabilize him.
[2016-09-15 21:10:21] <AutumnCrow> "Lilian can you make sure that idiot back there won't die before the guard gets here? Should we even try to summon the guard, or just leave them in the road for thier fellow scavangers to pick clean?" Crow calls back to the others as she firmly plants a foot on the small of the b ack of the man she just knocked down, keeping him pinned with minimal effort.
[2016-09-15 21:12:58] <Torokasi> "The guards will yell at them, then let them go. Not worth causing the hassle. I'm more concerned about that liquid they tried to drench us in..." Lilian mutters as she taps the knife-user with a bit of force, a spark of green energy flying into him. "Since if it came from the top of his building..."
[2016-09-15 21:16:29] <AutumnCrow> "Interesting," prodding the chain user with her foot, she asks, "what's on the roof?"
[2016-09-15 21:22:27] <Torokasi> "We knew... Mr. Panoly was gettin' a shipment. We set a vat of shrink oil up there..." The man mutters, face in the road.
[2016-09-15 21:25:45] <AutumnCrow> "Shrink oil? hilarious. Well, get up and go sit down with your freind over there. It's now your job to make sure he doesn't die, if you care to. Once he opens the door so we can deliver it, I'll let him decide whether you get to walk away or not. Attempt to walk away before that and I'll kick you again, same force and this time about...." she moves her foot down to around where his crotch
[2016-09-15 21:25:46] <AutumnCrow> is, "a foot and a half lower."
[2016-09-15 21:28:27] → Dracos joined (~Dracos@c-73-170-187-100.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
[2016-09-15 21:30:02] <Torokasi> The man staggers to his feet and stumbles next to the knife user before sitting down with a heavy thud. Lilian tries knocking on the door again, before looking to the chain user. "Did you hurt anyone in getting to the roof?"
[2016-09-15 21:30:35] <Torokasi> "Nah... just gave a kid some copper to look the other way and prop th' door." The man mutters in reply, rubbing his back.
[2016-09-15 21:35:44] <AutumnCrow> "Hmm. I'm going to go around and see if there's other doors to knock on, you two keep an eye on the idiots here." Crow heads around the shop as best she can, looking for other doors to knock on!
[2016-09-15 21:37:07] <Torokasi> "Got it." Lilian nods as Crow looks around...

Offline Taishyr

• Vamiro
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2017, 02:54:59 pm »
[16:00] <Torokasi> --------------------------------
[16:03] <Torokasi> Para catches Crow's attention and whispers as she looks around, "I think the other four fled that I saw."
[16:04] <AutumnCrow> "Oh I'm sure they did," Crow shrugs casually, seeming completely unconcerned by the gang of thugs. She was rather convinced from that poor performance that she could take the entire gang, including whatever reinforcements they might come back with, without even needing Lilian or Para to do more than guard the cargo.
[16:08] <Torokasi> "... I don't think he knows what the oils were. It can't have been just shrink oil." Para continues as Crow looks around, eventually spotting a doorway barely propped open by a rock that seems to lead to a stairwell.
[16:09] * AutumnCrow nods to Para as she knocks loudly on the door, pushing it open a bit and calling in, "Hello? Is anyone home?"
[16:13] <Torokasi> The interior is dimly lit, lights over doors leading up eventually to what is presumably roof access. To the right of the stairwell, Crow can see another door propped open, with a sign reading "Mr. P's Pleasantries - Deliveries Only" hanging next to it, slightly askew.
[16:14] * AutumnCrow steps in and knocks on THAT door, again loudly, and repeats her greeting.
[16:16] <Torokasi> The door swings open to a packed storage room, boxes meticulously labeled, and a chair with a man on it, tied to it and seemingly dazed. He blinks blearily at Crow as she repeats her greeting, muttering, "Shwa, we'- we're noopen... ugh my head..."
[16:26] <AutumnCrow> "....are you tied to a chair?" Crow blinks, "those damn thugs, hold a moment." Walking in, she pulls her fan and cuts him loose from the chair with the blade if she can(presuming rope and not chain), "would you be Mr. P of Mr. P's Pleasantries? I have a delivery from the Temple of Magdanae, and a couple thugs on the ground outside that unwisely tried to prevent said delivery. ...also a templar if you're injured."
[16:29] <Torokasi> "Deliveries need to si... wait, Magdanae? ...wait, is this the fesssval day???" The man that is presumably Mr. P tries to stand, Crow's fan cutting the thin rope with ease... before his body trembles and he flops back onto the chair. "Wherer my employee. Th'should be here. Oh, my damn head."
[16:32] <AutumnCrow> "The thug outside said something about bribing a kid here to prop the door open...though he also said they didn't hurt anyone. Were you attacked...or were you tied to that chair for some other reason?" Crow asks, while keeping her voice even and low to not hurt his head further, "and yes, it's the festival day. Why don't I help you outside where my templar companion can try to heal you a bit..." she looks at his head to see if there's any blood or sign of injury while offering him an arm.
[16:38] <Torokasi> "No need. Para tied their wrists and left them propped against the wall, so we followed you in." Lilian steps in at this point. "Para's watching the stairwell- oh dear, what's this?" Putting the three bags on a nearby box, Lilian moves over to Mr. P. "....He looks okay, physically. This isn't good, though. If they're opting to target delivery locations
[16:38] <Torokasi> instead of deliveries..."
[16:44] <AutumnCrow> "That would be bad, yes. We need to finish the delivery, and get this information back to Sister Lenneth."
[16:45] <Torokasi> "Agreed." Lilian comments as Mr. P's eyes seem to slowly come more into focus. "Sir, we've got the deliveries for the festival here for you. Are you going to be okay?"
[16:47] <Torokasi> Mr. P seems to glance between the two, his white mustache quivering a bit. "Ugh. Y... yes. I'll figure out... I'll get my daughter to go find my other employees. Ugh. Store hasn't been opened. What happened. I'll figure this out. Ow."
[16:49] <Torokasi> "...What's the last thing you remember?" Lilian asks after a moment.
[16:50] <Torokasi> "...A few lads came in looking for some items. They offered me a drink as well as payment, which isn't unusual, but..." Mr. P replies after a moment. "Last thing I remember is putting the money in the drawer and finding myself rather tired..."
[16:56] <AutumnCrow> "Do you remember what day that was?"
[16:59] <Torokasi> "Day before today, late evening, I was gonna close up..." He mutters slightly, mustache bristling.
[17:00] <AutumnCrow> "I'm guessing whatever they gave you to drink did this. And they paid off one of your employees to leave a door open so they could set up an ambush on the roof for the delivery of the fireworks."
[17:15] <Torokasi> "...That's possible. Damn. Sorry for the trouble, then. Go warn the Temple." Mr. P stands, moving the chair in front of him. "I'll... figure this all out. I'm concerned about why my employees aren't in yet, but I'll make sure I let you all know."
[17:17] <Torokasi> "Right. Crow, shall we be off?" Lilian asks. "The packages are on that box. We're going to close the door behind us, so please lock it."
[17:18] <AutumnCrow> "I'm a bit concerned that they may try to come back, but we can't really wait around here all day either...be careful today, Mr. P." Crow nods her farewell to the man and leads the way out.
[17:20] <Torokasi> "I will, believe me. Ooof." Mr. P grunts. "I've got people I can ask to help. This isn't as bad as the time the Temple of the Weeping Lady tried to close the store, believe me."
[17:20] <Torokasi> "I'm sure. Well, we're off." Lilian smiles as she follows Crow out, closing the door behind her.
[17:21] <Torokasi> Para, standing in the doorway outside, nods to the two. "They haven't moved. No one on the stairs. Do we go up?"
[17:22] <AutumnCrow> "Yes, we do."
[17:22] * AutumnCrow takes point and heads up to the roof to see if anyone's still there~
[17:25] <Torokasi> Para follows with Lilian in the rear...! The roof is relatively bare, surprising considering the usual agriculture use of the shared space. The cauldron the... liquid was in is still there, but no one is visible. The only notable thing are the other exits off the roof - none of which show any obvious sign of use.
[17:26] <AutumnCrow> "Lilian, detect for magic please." Crow carefully wanders over to see if anyone's hiding in the cauldron while she does that.
[17:28] <Torokasi> Lilian scans around as Crow approaches the cauldron. After a bit, Lilian calls over, "Only on the cauldron - and trace amounts at that - and the usual amounts for the city otherwise." The cauldron still has some of the liquid in it, though not much - perhaps enough for a cup of it, if that.
[17:31] * AutumnCrow looks around to see if they could have jumped to another rooftop or off the side somewhere.
[17:38] <Torokasi> Most other rooftops are too far, though one to the north is possibly jumpable... if they were Crow and not the thugs Crow handled. As for ways off, there seem to be a few ladders and other ways down that the thugs could have used, especially on the south and east sides where Crow and company wouldn't have seen them.
[17:40] <AutumnCrow> "Well, they've certainly gotten away by now. I just hope they don't come back and try to mug him outright for the bags."
[17:45] <Torokasi> "We have to trust that Mr. P can throw enough sex toys at them to handle any threat they might pose." Lilian comments wryly. "Let's go inform the Temple of this."
[17:45] <AutumnCrow> "...enough what." Crow blinks.
[17:46] <Torokasi> "...you didn't notice?" Lilian blinks. "...Crow. It's, uh. A store for... well, sex toys and other things."
[17:47] <AutumnCrow> "...I...see. How do 'toys' of some sort even come into..." shaking her head, she was rather glad for her level of discipline that she could conciously choose not to blush, "this isn't the time for that. I had...just assumed he was an alchemist. Ah, yes, lets get back to the temple."
[17:49] <Torokasi> Lilian and Para both stare, Lilian straightfaced and Para entirely failing to suppress a grin, as Crow leads them out of the building. From that point, Lilian takes the lead in guiding the group back to Magdanae's temple... OOC: Moment, rolling a few things
[17:53] <Torokasi> The trip back to the Temple is without incident, but Lenneth is standing at the entrance. "I had one group of priests go do a nearby delivery. You're back first. This is a bad situation, I take it?"
[17:54] <AutumnCrow> "Mr P's Pleasantries had already been compromised," Crow reports, "a group followed us and had already set up an ambush at his store. Drugged him the night before and had an ambush ready on the roof. We avoided it and made the delivery, though I'm a bit concerned that the thugs who escaped might come back for him for a more direct mugging this time, but he said he could handle it."
[18:03] <Torokasi> "Strange. He should be competent enough with knowing how to counter sleep drugs..." Lenneth mutters. "Okay. I'm going to go check on my priests. I have the next three bags here... Your new delivery spot is in the rich district, which should be safe. Emphasis on should. The residence of one of our richer believers... Please explain that we're sending you
[18:03] <Torokasi> there due to safety concerns and that I'll be by to see her shortly. She should understand. She lives on the southwest corner of the Riechter Gardens, which are near the eastern edge of Verxais. Are you familiar with them, Lilian?"
[18:03] <Torokasi> Lilian nods slightly. "Yes, ma'am. Which house?"
[18:06] <Torokasi> "The family name is Skyrunner. She or her servants should be expecting someone." Lenneth explains. "Arngrim, go monitor Mr. P's store for us. He's been attacked and could use the protection and support." A frankly gigantic man behind Lenneth nods and quietly walks off, as Lenneth's attention returns to Crow and Lilian. "I need to go check on my men. Please
[18:06] <Torokasi> take care."
[18:07] <AutumnCrow> "The thugs scattered like twigs in a wind when I struck out at them, but they did have a cauldron of what they claimed to be
[18:07] <AutumnCrow> 'shrink oil' set up on the roof," Crow warns her before they head off.
[18:09] <Torokasi> "...shrink oil? Good grief, we have dedicated mischief makers this year. Thank you for the warning." Lenneth replies as she and Manifold part ways. OOC: Need to make more rolls, moment
[18:17] <Torokasi> The trip into the rich district goes fine, even with a higher than normal percentage of drunkards wandering around celebrating. Eventually, Lilian stops at an intersection to let a carriage go through, looking back to Para. "Are we being followed?"
[18:18] <Torokasi> "...Yes. One person. They're really good, though.... I don't recognize them." Para comments.
[18:18] <Torokasi> "...I've got a weird feeling about this. Not bad, but... Let's get this delivery done." Lilian shakes her head.
[18:19] <AutumnCrow> "Let's casually pick up the pace, hmm?"
[18:20] <Torokasi> "Definitely." The group sets off quickly from the intersection... OOC: Roll sense motive.
[18:21] <AutumnCrow> OOC: 17
[18:31] <Torokasi> Crow doesn't sense anything unusual even as the group moves on, eventually reaching the house of the Skyrunners, a large stone building with copper ridges on top. A young man in a very formal outfit glances up as they approach... and he's sitting on someone dressed similarly to the thugs that approached Mr. P's, if somewhat more refined. "Oh, hi! You must be
[18:31] <Torokasi> our fireworks delivery? I'm Castel, one of Lady Skyrunner's butlers. I... was expecting actual temple priests, but I suppose that I'm sitting on a reason why they didn't come, haha?"
[18:33] <AutumnCrow> "Yes, we were sent for security reasons," Crow taps her guild pin, "and because we'd rather do this than the guard duty they were recruiting for," she adds with a smile. Looking back over her shoulder, she notes, "we were followed here, by the way. Para, did you ever manage to get a good look at our tail?"
[18:34] <Torokasi> "No." Para shakes his head. "Dunno if they're even still following."
[18:36] * AutumnCrow does a quick visual inspection of the young man to make sure that very nice formal outfit fits him perfectly like a custom tailored suit would...and not awkwardly like say something pulled off of the real butler might fit a cleaned up thug with a similar build.
[18:40] <Torokasi> Castel hums slightly, chuckling and shaking his head. "Well, if you want me to escort you in to Lady Skyrunner for the delivery, she'd be fine with that, but I'm sure you're busy enough, Kerebos members." The suit is... actually an impressive piece of work, tailored for both appearance and extreme flexibility. It looks a little too tight to even be called
[18:40] <Torokasi> form-fitting, especially on the arms where the fit looks awkward, but otherwise seems to be a good fit.
[18:44] <AutumnCrow> "Well, this is an actual job we've accepted from the temple and I'm willing to take the time to make sure it's done right. After all, at the last delivery spot we found the people trying to intercept the delivery had already broken into the location, tied the shopkeep to a chair and had an ambush that included a cauldron full of magic oil on the roof." Crow notes flately, though with a smile, "compared to the work that went into that, mugging the actual butler and putting on his suit to get the delivery turned right over to them would be a much easier con to run. I mean no offense, but I would rather put in the extra effort to make sure I don't make a fool of myself or my team by failing an accepted job by taking shortcuts."
[18:46] <AutumnCrow> OOC: I can roll diplo to try and not offend with this, if you want?
[18:47] <Torokasi> OOC: Go ahead, yeah
[18:47] <AutumnCrow> OOC: rolled a 15 for a 22 total.
[18:50] <Torokasi> Castel's face looks rather annoyed at first, but by the time Crow finishes the explanation he seems rather surprised. "That certainly sounds like an adequate reason, yes." he replies at the end, standing up  from the thug and brusquely picking him up and tossing him to the side of the entrance, where he lands with a thud. "Follow me in, if you will." With
[18:50] <Torokasi> that he opens up the door and steps in. "Abo, we have visitors here for the delivery to Lady Skyrunner! Please escort them to whichever study she's at, alright?"
[18:51] <Torokasi> As the three enter, a man lands silently in the vestibule - much taller than Castel, and built like a brick wall, with a similarly formal outfit. "... She's on the third floor. Let's go." He turns from the group and leads the way up the staircase, which gleams and sparks with each step he takes on it.
[18:51] * AutumnCrow nods and politely follows~
[18:54] <Torokasi> The three follow Abo up the stairs to the third floor, where Abo swings open a door. "Three visitors, Milady. Delivering fireworks. Kerebos Guild. Moderate risk, but friendly. Request?"
[18:55] <Torokasi> A rather average-looking woman at a desk glances up as Abo opens the door. "...I told you to stop evaluating strangers that way. We'll be fine, Abo. Welcome, Kerebos Guild. May I have your names?"
[18:57] <AutumnCrow> "I'm Autumn Crow, leader of team Manifold. With me are my teammates Lilian and Parakloro," Crow nods her head respectfully, "and it's alright, I certainly can't object to the assessment after insisting on delivering to you directly instead of handing Sister Lenneth's delivery for you to the butler."
[18:58] <AutumnCrow> "Sister Lenneth did ask us to inform you that we were sent in place of actual temple staff due to security concerns, and she would be by to see you shortly."
[19:01] <Torokasi> "The Kerebos Guild rarely does things for no reason. Abo's new in town, however." The woman smiles slightly. "Thank you for letting me know. There's always some form of security concern, I guess. Is there anything else?"
[19:04] <AutumnCrow> "Well in this case the security concern is that other delivery recipients have already been directly attacked instead of the people trying to get ahold of the fireworks just going after the deliverers themselves," Crow shrugs. "But no, there's nothing else."
[19:07] <Torokasi> "That would explain the fuss a few hours ago at the door, then. Castel told me it was just some idiot." Lady Skyrunner comments. "Thank you for the information. I apologize for my brusqueness, but I'm in the middle of a project..."
[19:08] <AutumnCrow> "Of course. We'll just hand the delivery over to Abo and Castel and be on our way then," Crow nods politely.
[19:17] <Torokasi> "Thank you." Lady Skyrunner nods primly and returns to her work as Abo steps in, one hand open.
[19:18] * AutumnCrow hands him her bag, and lets the others turn thier own bags over.
[19:21] <Torokasi> Lilian and Para hand theirs over as well as the group heads back downstairs. Castel's leaning in the doorframe. "Smells like rain. Hopefully we're your last stop." he comments as the trio approach.
[19:23] <AutumnCrow> "That would be ideal, yes," Crow shrugs, then adds, "if I may ask, were you using some manner of strength enhancing magic or technique when we first arrived?"
[19:25] <Torokasi> "Still am!" Castel grins, flexing his arms. "I need to get this outfit fixed up for it - still adjusting to having figured out the spell. Lady Skyrunner's been giving me good lessons."
[19:26] <AutumnCrow> "That would explain why your uniform looked like it had an odd fit," Crow half smirks, "and hence my, thankfully unfounded, suspicion."
[19:26] <Torokasi> "Ah, haha! That does explain it. Guess I've got an excuse to get that done even sooner, then." Castel grins. "Be careful out there!"
[19:27] <AutumnCrow> "We certainly will. Have a pleasant festival," Crow waves as they head back to the temple!
[19:27] <Torokasi> "...Actually, hold on a moment." He pauses, looking at Crow carefully. "You got a brother about... uh, maybe 20 years or so older? Dude called himself Flurry, looks like a dude version of you."
[19:29] * AutumnCrow stops dead in her tracks, "...I do have six older brothers, yes. Two who may be off travelling, and one at about the right time frame for that. He was called Wild Pigeon when he was still at the temple, but changing names for us is not a rare occurance. Can I ask where you saw him?"
[19:32] <Torokasi> "It woulda been about six years ago when we lived in Rojrulo. Dude was passing through and the Lady wanted to hire him, but he said only if we beat him in a fight. Needless to say, we lost." Castel grins. "Good to know he's got siblings around! I know where to go for a sparring partner! ...Dude kinda looked sickly, though. His eyes were yellow - like,
[19:32] <Torokasi> instead of blue or somethin'. Seemed pleasant enough otherwise."
[19:34] <AutumnCrow> "Hmm. Well, I have been hoping to run into my two wandering brothers at some point. If that was him I'm glad he's still alive at least." Crow nods, then excuses herself and gets back to finishing the job.
[19:36] <Torokasi> Lilian glances to Crow as the three head back to the Temple. "Rojrulo? He's wandered far. "
[19:38] <AutumnCrow> "Well, if that was him, he did leave quite some time ago, took off when he was just 16 actually." Crow notes with a shrug.
[19:43] <Torokasi> ----------------------------------------------------
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 03:17:52 pm by Taishyr »

Offline Taishyr

• Vamiro
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2017, 02:55:06 pm »
2016-10-06 19:14:04] <Torokasi> The group's trip to the Temple of Magdanae goes without further complications, a very faint drizzle starting as the group enters the temple. A group of priests with bruises all over is being tended by a healer, with one additional priest being chided quietly by Lenneth. As Manifold enters, Lenneth turns to the group, the priest leaves with a slight limp.
[2016-10-06 19:14:04] <Torokasi> "Welcome back." Lenneth states calmly. "Any news?"
[2016-10-06 19:16:43] <AutumnCrow> "Her butlers took care of the ones who tried to intercept thier shipment," Crow answers with a shrug, "this seems a rather well organized effort on the part of those who want to steal your fireworks."
[2016-10-06 19:32:53] <Torokasi> "That sounds accurate. My men got intercepted, and got the fireworks there but with damage taken." Lenneth nods. "We have one more package, if you are willing to take it on."
[2016-10-06 19:34:23] <AutumnCrow> "It shouldn't be a problem," Crow does not seem even slightly unnerved by the attacks, "where is this one going?"
[2016-10-06 19:40:41] <Torokasi> "This is a bit of a hike, but we can give a boon to assist. It's going to the guard station at the end of the northern bridge. I'll boost your speed in walking so it can be done much faster, if that helps."
[2016-10-06 19:43:11] <AutumnCrow> "I'm sure whatever's in place to waylay us is already there, increased speed or no," Crow shrugs, "whoever these people are they clearly know exactly where all your deliveries are going already. But getting it delivered sooner is always appriciated on the recieving end, I'm sure."
[2016-10-06 19:47:25] <Torokasi> "That, and the walk down the bridge is a long one." Lenneth notes with a grim smile, before touching Crow, Para and Lilian briefly on the head, leaving a slight glow. "I'm sure you'll be fine. We'll deal with the... issues later."
[2016-10-06 19:47:53] <AutumnCrow> "If any of the thugs seem like they actually know anything this time, do you want us to drag one back in for you?"
[2016-10-06 19:49:34] <Torokasi> "Hmmm.... no. Appreciated, but we do have one unconscious one, and I already have a hunch." Lenneth comments, taking a bag from the nearby priest and handing it to Crow. "... What's the proper blessing at this point, upon your departure? I suppose I'll go with... 'Enjoy'."
[2016-10-06 19:51:23] <AutumnCrow> "I'm sure we will, though whoever's waiting for us certainly won't." Crow deadpands, then gestures for Lilian to lead the way as usual.
[2016-10-06 19:53:33] <Torokasi> Lilian leads the way toward the bridge out of town... OOC: Notice check
[2016-10-06 19:54:26] <AutumnCrow> OOC: Crow gets a 4, Para gets a 25
[2016-10-06 19:56:09] <Torokasi> The three travel through the festivities and reach the bridge, passing through the gate and into festivities on the other side, when Para glances to Crow. "Keep a hand on the bag. A few idiots tailing us."
[2016-10-06 19:57:48] AutumnCrow nods and makes sure they're onto the bridge proper and away from other pedestrians before....just turning around to see who's following them. "I'd rather not get herded into a trap, we'll deal with this lot here and then the lot that is surely waiting for us ahead."
[2016-10-06 20:00:03] <Torokasi> It takes a bit before the crowd disperses, but Crow and company eventually do turn around. The two people following are obvious - dressed similarly to the previous thugs, both holding a small tube in their hands. The woman growls. "Shit, looks like they've cottoned on by now. We ain't getting paid enuff for this, bro."
[2016-10-06 20:00:40] <AutumnCrow> "You really aren't." Crow calls out to them with...a smile. "I'm more than capable of flinging you off the bridge if you try to attack me, and I do need the Setting Sun practice."
[2016-10-06 20:01:30] <Torokasi> The man shrugs and nods. "Yep. Nah, I don't need the flyin' lesson today. Thanks though. ... Look, you mind letting us go? We'll give you these needles, and if the chumps up ahead see them they'll put two and two together really quick."
[2016-10-06 20:04:27] <AutumnCrow> "You haven't actually attacked me yet, I have no reason to stop you from finding some other way to spend your holiday," Crow's smile stays on her face, her tone conversationally pleasant. "And you'll forgive me if I don't have any interest in accepting anything directly from you. Though feel free to set them on the ground before you leave if they happen to be something you'd rather not be
[2016-10-06 20:04:27] <AutumnCrow> caught walking around with anyway. I'll have someone pick them up."
[2016-10-06 20:08:30] <Torokasi> The man shrugs. "As you wish, chickadee. They're blowdarts w' sleepin sting on them, so not illegal except to use." With that, the man and woman put the dart tubes down and disappear back into the crowd."
[2016-10-06 20:09:34] <AutumnCrow> "Lilian, give your bag here for a moment and go make sure there's nothing magical or strange about those, then collect them."
[2016-10-06 20:12:00] <Torokasi> Lilian hands the bag over, quickly scanning them before picking them up, covering the opening with a small wad of glue-like substance from a pocket. "Rather not risk jabbing myself."
[2016-10-06 20:14:35] <AutumnCrow> "Well, just have them ready to wave at whoever tries to stop us ahead. Para if you can use something like those I guess you have some sleep darts? If not I'm sure someone in the guild will want them."
[2016-10-06 20:15:27] <Torokasi> "... I probably can." Para nods slightly. "Maybe. I can give them to bro, too."
[2016-10-06 20:17:01] <AutumnCrow> "That's fine too, I have no objection to handing things off to freinds or family of any team member if they can use them and we have no need of it," Crow nods, then hands Lilian's bag back and continues on.
[2016-10-06 20:17:57] <Torokasi> The group keeps traveling... OOC: moment
[2016-10-06 20:21:55] <Torokasi> The spell Lenneth used seems especially powerful to Crow as the group practically sings across the bridge, unimpeded by most traffic. It doesn't take long before Para gestures ahead, "...one of those four is holding a similar tube. I don't think they've noticed us fully yet. Run past?"
[2016-10-06 20:23:26] <AutumnCrow> "If they haven't noticed us, Lilian use an illusion to disguise our bags and we just casually walk past."
[2016-10-06 20:25:42] <Torokasi> Lilian nods before tapping the three bags, making them vanish in turn - though Crow can still feel the weight of her bag. "Try to walk casually. This should get us past, no problem."
[2016-10-06 20:26:42] AutumnCrow walks casually as instructed
[2016-10-06 20:30:43] <Torokasi> The trio walks casually... OOC: Moment, rolling to see if Bluff is even needed, these guys are bad.
[2016-10-06 20:32:36] <Torokasi> Two of the women look at the three curiously, but one visibly shrugs and the other turns back to the conversation as the trio move past. Lilian chuckles. "Not even worth their time, I guess..."
[2016-10-06 20:33:49] AutumnCrow shrugs and keeps walking towards the destination~
[2016-10-06 20:35:17] <Torokasi> The group eventually reaches the guardhouse without any further hassle, a guard outside that looks up as they approach. "Magdanae's delivery? They normally get stuff out her first." she comments, looking a bit put out.
[2016-10-06 20:38:27] <AutumnCrow> "Well there have been ruffians attempting to steal the deliveries with much greater orginization than usual this year," Crow stares flatly at her pout, "in fact several clerics and temple staff have actually been injured in the attacks, so it's fortunate all the deliveries even managed to make it through, much less on time."
[2016-10-06 20:40:12] <Torokasi> "...damn! Why didn't they message us? Were you all attacked?" She sputters as she stands. "Sorry 'bout the slight, ma'mlady, but I've been waiting a few hours out here."
[2016-10-06 20:42:21] <AutumnCrow> "Not on this delivery, no. The ones following us decided to go do something else with thier holiday once we made it clear we knew they were there and that we were quite prepared for an attack, and the ones they were supposed to herd us into were fooled by some timely illusions disguising the bags. I'm sure they're still there if you'd like us to point them out to you," Crow adds with a smile
[2016-10-06 20:42:22] <AutumnCrow> while turning the bags over
[2016-10-06 20:45:53] <Torokasi> "...Unless they attacked, unfortunately we can't do much 'bout loiterers. Thanks, though." The guard takes the bags gratefully, checking one of them. "Good, fire extinguishing rods."
[2016-10-06 20:48:34] <AutumnCrow> "We'll just head back and let them wait for the delivery that they must be so certain is just running incredibly late, then." Crow smirks, "enjoy your fireworks, we'll go ahead and head back to the temple now."
[2016-10-06 20:49:56] <Torokasi> "Thanks again, take care!" The guard waves as the group leaves... OOC: Anything you want to do en route back to the temple?
[2016-10-06 20:51:02] <AutumnCrow> OOC: nah. Reporting that delivery is done takes priority, then we'll go do whatever. Though crow may keep an eye out for whoever was supposed to catch them on the way back~
[2016-10-06 20:56:55] <Torokasi> The four do seem incredibly bored as the trio pass, one nodding to Manifold as they pass. After a rather brisk walk, the gate back into town comes into sight... and is closed.
[2016-10-06 20:57:48] AutumnCrow blinks, then heads over to whatever guard is there to see if they can be let in.
[2016-10-06 21:01:22] <Torokasi> There's about six guards there, frantically trying to shoosh people away from the gate, the clamor deafening this close to the door. Another man, not in a guard uniform but in some sort of nobleman's attire,  is cupping his hands and yelling, "The door will be open once we have the situation contained! Please remain calm! Everything is being handled!"
[2016-10-06 21:02:01] <Torokasi> One of the guards glances at Manifold as they approach. "Sorry, ma'am, but we can't let anyone in. A few spells clashed together and it's a mess in there at the moment."
[2016-10-06 21:03:05] <AutumnCrow> "Oh dear. One of my companions is a mage, is there anything we could do to help contain it?" Crow looks to Lilian as she offers.
[2016-10-06 21:05:39] <Torokasi> The guard shakes his head. "Sorry, but odds are poor unless you're trained in decontamination, ma'am?" Lilian shakes her head, at which the guard continues, "Right. Very sorry about this, but we'll get people in as soon as we can."
[2016-10-06 21:06:24] <AutumnCrow> "Alright then, I suppose we'll just find a place to sit down and relax until it's open," Crow shrugs and does exactly that.
[2016-10-06 21:08:41] <Torokasi> The three find a place to sit... OOC: Cutting it here since the next part will possibly be a bit

Offline Taishyr

• Vamiro
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2017, 03:03:22 pm »
2016-10-24 17:55:27] <Torokasi> -------------------------------------------
[2016-10-24 17:56:56] <Torokasi> The crowd at the gate is still noisy but beginning to regulate itself when Para's ears twitch as he turns toward the gate. "...Something's high pitched." A few other Talmen seem to notice it as well, attention turning to the gate. "...Like a tea kettle, but louder."
[2016-10-24 18:00:29] <Torokasi> Lilian frowns, glancing over. "... That doesn't sound like a good sound. I want to see what's going on, but clashes are really ugly sometimes... Damn, wish we had a better vantage point."
[2016-10-24 18:01:31] <AutumnCrow> "Hmm." Crow looks around to see if she can find a place to get a better look from.
[2016-10-24 18:04:47] <Torokasi> There doesn't seem to be an easy spot to look past the gate and the wall, but as Crow is looking... OOC: Reflex check.
[2016-10-24 18:06:24] <AutumnCrow> OOC: for just me, or everyone?
[2016-10-24 18:07:24] <Torokasi> OOC: Just you.
[2016-10-24 18:07:50] <AutumnCrow> OOC: Ref save 18
[2016-10-24 18:10:53] <Torokasi> Crow's stomach seems to drop, and trusting her instincts she flinches away... and in the spot she was just in, a loud flash of light and a soundless -bang- seem to go off, a burst of air blasting outward! Lilian's voice is shrill over the sudden crowd, "EVERYONE DOWN!"
[2016-10-24 18:12:22] <AutumnCrow> As she flattens, Crow's scarf finds its way from being coiled around her waist to in her hands by pure muscle memory. Without rising just yet, she tries to flick her eyes up from the crouch to see what's going on, "Para, what's happening? Where did that coem from?"
[2016-10-24 18:14:12] <Torokasi> Para's low to the ground as well, eyes flicking around nervously. "Don't know. The high pitch is louder." His voice is barely audible over the panic of the crowd around them, a few added flashes of light appearing further above ground. "They need to open the gate. People may fall off the bridge in panic."
[2016-10-24 18:16:12] <AutumnCrow> "Fantastic...alright," Crow risked standing up, keeping her eyes peeled for any further flashbangs coming in, "we're professionals here, lets find the source and do something about it..."
[2016-10-24 18:17:50] <Torokasi> Lilian looks around briefly, before yelping and ducking as another coalesces over her head. OOC: Notice check for you and Para, Lilian's distracted by flashpops this round.
[2016-10-24 18:19:58] <AutumnCrow> OOC: Crow - 15, Para(should activate Elfsight if he can take a standard to do it) - 24(26 with ES)
[2016-10-24 18:21:07] <Torokasi> OOC: He can activate it, yeah.
[2016-10-24 18:23:10] <Torokasi> Crow feels... something at the edge of her senses, but it's Para that mutters first and points into the air, five feet above the crowd - something small, purple, and careening above the crowd. No, two things - one purple, one green, both of them practically globs of color moving quickly and erratically. One zooms close to the group, seemingly aiming above
[2016-10-24 18:23:10] <Torokasi> Para's head... OOC: You have the scarf out, so it's a free AoO as it passes above!
[2016-10-24 18:24:53] AutumnCrow snaps her scarf up at the thing moving since it's probably not freindly! A simple whip-crack strike, no time for a more involved maneuver. (OOC: Attack 16, 6 damage if that hits)
[2016-10-24 18:29:16] <Torokasi> The scarf snaps upward... and misses the thing by a hair, Para crouching still lower as the air above him pops. A few others have begin noticing the creatures flying about but seem to lack the weaponry to reach them, as the two flying things buzz about, closing in above Crow...! OOC: Roll init for yourself. You're the only one with a reach weapon here that
[2016-10-24 18:29:16] <Torokasi> isn't magic and isn't a projectile that could fall back down and hit someone, so this is just you for init. Everyone else is out of range, though Para's going to be trying to help you spot at least.
[2016-10-24 18:32:04] AutumnCrow hisses as the snap misses its mark, but rises and settles into a combat stance...waiting for another oportunity to strike one of the things down, "...what ARE those?" (OOC: init 9)
[2016-10-24 18:32:55] * Torokasi set the topic to blimp 2 > blimp 1 > Crow
[2016-10-24 18:34:13] <Torokasi> Lilian mutters. "I don't know. I don't even want to try magic with the haywire effect nearby...!" The two balls of color hum above menacingly, seeming to dart higher up in the sky before coming down above Crow, the air condensing...! OOC: One reflex save
[2016-10-24 18:35:40] <AutumnCrow> Now that she knows where things are coming from, dodging has become much easier~(Ref 21)
[2016-10-24 18:37:28] <Torokasi> Crow barely has to move to get out of the pocket of air and light, but the second one seems to hum, before a foul-smelling stream of liquid comes out toward Crow! OOC: Ref save again.
[2016-10-24 18:38:41] <AutumnCrow> (OOC: Ref 21 again!)
[2016-10-24 18:40:11] <Torokasi> But the stream hits where Crow just was, both blobs in range...!
[2016-10-24 18:43:51] <AutumnCrow> More concerned about the liquid, Crow focuses her concentration and snaps her scarf out with precision to pierce its center in an almost spear-thrust like motion! (S. Nightmare Blade. Concentration 19(vs its AC). If that succeeds I get to attack it flat-footed. Attack roll 20(or 18 if concentration did not succeed), damage 12(10 if concentration did not succeed).
[2016-10-24 18:47:05] <Torokasi> The scarf lashes out, puncturing the creature and sending it flying off almost comically! The first attacker flies about rapidly... OOC: It's flying in and out of reach enough for Crow to try and take a potshot AoO on it.
[2016-10-24 18:47:16] * Torokasi set the topic to blimp 2 >  Crow
[2016-10-24 18:48:10] AutumnCrow snaps her scarf over to hit the other one as it moves about, but has trouble finding purchase. (OOC: Attack 15)
[2016-10-24 18:51:01] <Torokasi> The scarf again just misses the critter as it seems to settle near Crow, vibrating violently...! Para mutters, "Shit, there's more above the town."
[2016-10-24 18:52:38] <Torokasi> After a moment, the imp seems to erupt, flames jetting out of it toward Crow! OOC: Ref save again
[2016-10-24 18:54:24] <AutumnCrow> Expecting another air bubble, the GOUT OF FLAME catches Crow a bit off guard as she tries to dance back out of the way!(Ref 16)
[2016-10-24 18:57:13] <Torokasi> OOC: No evasion yet, right?
[2016-10-24 18:58:06] <AutumnCrow> OOC: N
[2016-10-24 19:00:44] * Torokasi set the topic to blimp 2 >  Crow (2 damage taken)
[2016-10-24 19:01:01] <Torokasi> The fires lightly singe Crow's skin, doing little damage but causing the faint smell of smoldering cloth! OOC: Crow's turn. It ended in range, all their moves have shit for reach so
[2016-10-24 19:03:20] <AutumnCrow> "...fire throwing creatures? Whoever made these is a lunatic," Crow grumbles as she tries to line up a better swing without tripping over anyone else gathered about, "hold on, I've almost got this one..." (OOC: Attack 22, damage 11. Yeowch)
[2016-10-24 19:07:56] <Torokasi> And the whipcrack shatters this blob, falling into pieces that dissolve on impact. Para points toward the town, "There's more, but they seem to be dispersing across town."
[2016-10-24 19:09:41] <Torokasi> OOC: Free act
[2016-10-24 19:12:09] AutumnCrow coils her scarf back across her waist and looks for the guards, motioning the other two to follow her, "alright, flamethrowing floating balloon monsters is now officially guild business, lets try to get inside."
[2016-10-24 19:19:15] <Torokasi> The guards already seem to be opening the gate in the face of screaming citizenry, revealing... a lot of color. The entire square outside the gate is splashed with thousand of different colors of what almost looks like paint, people and guards drenched in it as mages run around frantically. A few of the flying creatures seem to bee hovering overhead, flashes
[2016-10-24 19:19:15] <Torokasi> of light happening still around the square, but most seem to be drifting off over the city. <More>
[2016-10-24 19:20:25] <Torokasi> One individual in question seems to be trying to corral the mages to little success - a tall, skinny Talkyr rasping out orders in a reedy voice, half-coated in lime green ooze.
[2016-10-24 19:22:04] <AutumnCrow> Heading over that way, and carefully stepping around paint, Crow asks, "...is all this the work of those...flying bubbles? Two of them got outside, but my group got them." Gesturing to her pin, she adds, "is there anything we can do to help in here?"
[2016-10-24 19:26:20] <Torokasi> The man whips his head to look at Crow, glancing briefly at the pin before, "Let the Guild know the clash at the north square went haywire and we have Blimp remnants causing havoc- no, Jakwell, you can't cast a spell right no-!" The mage being yelled at's hands glow, toward a nearby blimp, before a loud pop happens and the mage stumbles back, suddenly
[2016-10-24 19:26:20] <Torokasi> covered in purple. The head mage mutters, "No one ever listens to poor Throx, do they. Let the damn Guild know that I'll be here trying to end the event, but they need to send out blimp extermination teams immediately!"
[2016-10-24 19:29:15] AutumnCrow nods, "Then we're on our way." Looking back, she smirks to Lilian and Para, "lets pick up the pace then, shall we? Guild first, then back to the temple to report on the job. Janda's not here, so we get to do this at my pace." Making sure they were ready to follow, Crow sets off back for the guild(which she at least knows how toreach from the gate) at a fast pace.
[2016-10-24 19:34:42] <Torokasi> The three head off toward the Guild at a quick pace...
[2016-10-24 20:09:45] <Torokasi> After a time, the group makes it to the Temple Circle, just outside the Guild, which is... also a mess. Multiple guild members can be seen trying to swat down the blimps as they zoom around, splotches of color appearing here as well. A small circle of people seem to be trying to snipe them out of the air with beams of energy - and Crow can see Mare amongst
[2016-10-24 20:09:45] <Torokasi> them, firing to try and hit a particular sickeningly blue blimp.
[2016-10-24 20:14:50] <AutumnCrow> "Mare!" Crow calls out, looking to see if any of the blimps are in jump and swing range as she runs over.
[2016-10-24 20:15:15] <Torokasi> One seems to be, a weirdly pink one... OOC: Go ahead and attempt an attack roll.
[2016-10-24 20:16:08] AutumnCrow takes a running leap and swings at a pink blimp! (OOC: Jump 22, Attack 19, damage 8)
[2016-10-24 20:18:51] <Torokasi> The pink blimp cracks and falls to the ground, dissolving, as Crow runs over to Mare! "So. Whose fault is the blimp infestation?" Mare asks casually as she aims at the blimp zipping around.  "Some idiot hedgemages trying something too complex?"
[2016-10-24 20:21:00] <AutumnCrow> "A mage named Throx told us to report to the guild," Crow calmly slips her scarf back around her waist, "and let them know that the 'clash at the north square went haywire' and that they need blimp extermination teams immediately. I still need to report to the temple of magdanae on the delivery, can you run that over?"
[2016-10-24 20:22:32] <Torokasi> "Sure thing." Mare nods. "Celma, Dave, I'll be back." With that, she darts out toward the guild!
[2016-10-24 20:26:00] <Torokasi> Para nods slightly. "To the temple, then?"
[2016-10-24 20:29:12] AutumnCrow nods, "should probably let them know too. Also, Lilian, can you explain what those 'blimps' are?"
[2016-10-24 20:31:26] <Torokasi> "Iiiiii don't honestly know. It sounds like they're a result of spell clashing, which is basically... when two spells with competing purposes, or a lot of spells with minor conflicts, are all in the same spot. So they begin interacting negatively, and the spells start clashing, which makes magic act really weird and generally screws with everything. We still
[2016-10-24 20:31:26] <Torokasi> don't know much about clashing other than it can be really dangerous. Blimps are... new to me." Lilian shrugs as they move toward the temple. "Does any of that make sense?"
[2016-10-24 20:34:45] <AutumnCrow> "As much sense as magic ever does," Crow shrugs, "martial arts is much less complicated, I must say."
[2016-10-24 20:37:14] <Torokasi> "Indeed." Lilian grins as the three make it to the temple. Lenneth is standing right outside, eyeing the blimps with disdain, her spear at the ready. At the approach of the group, she nods curtly. "I take it the delivery went fine."
[2016-10-24 20:38:29] <AutumnCrow> "An attempt was made, we noticed the first group and warned them off...they actually took the warning. The second group we just snuck past," Crow shrugs, "the guards thank you for the supplies."
[2016-10-24 20:39:53] <Torokasi> "Excellent." A thin smile crosses her lips. "Those will be handy, I'm sure. Now, what in the Mist are these... things?"
[2016-10-24 20:41:53] <AutumnCrow> "A result of a magic clash by the north square, apparently?"
[2016-10-24 20:44:48] <Torokasi> "Charming." Lenneth growls, looking around. "Are they at least just mostly harmless?"
[2016-10-24 20:45:39] <AutumnCrow> "Some of them can apparently shoot fire, so it's best to destroy them when possible." Crow looks around for a way to get high up so she can pop any lingering blimps...
[2016-10-24 20:46:56] <Torokasi> "...Fire. Of course, it's fire." Lenneth groans. "Go tell the Temple of the Weeping Lady that we have firestarters flying around town. Please. They may not have realized it yet, since these aren't doing that yet, but we need them down as soon as possible and they can help."
[2016-10-24 20:48:32] <AutumnCrow> "What they shoot seems to be almost...random?" Crow explains, then nods, "alright, we'll come back and ask about our pay for today after the festival."
[2016-10-24 20:48:50] AutumnCrow shrugs at Lilian and Para...and then walks over to a different temple!
[2016-10-24 20:51:26] <Torokasi> "Thank you. I'll be sure to have it ready then." Lenneth replies as the group head over.
[2016-10-24 21:00:13] <Torokasi> -----------------------------

Offline Taishyr

• Vamiro
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2017, 06:05:12 pm »
Torokasi> The trio duck into the Temple of the Weeping Lady, unusually quiet given the commotion inside. Five people are lined up in front of a priest and... Janda, and it's clear why: Janda's dark blue dress has splotches of pink paint all over it. And scorch marks. The priest gestures toward the door as the people head out, whips and chains in hand.
17:06 AutumnCrow just stops and blinks at people with whips and chains walking out of the temple of the Weeping Lady. Not something she expected to see.
17:07 <AutumnCrow> Recovering quickly, she speaks up, "Ah...excuse me?" she calls out to the preist, "we were told to come let you know that the blimps flying around from a magic clash, some of them can start fires."
17:09 <AutumnCrow> Getting out of the way of the door, she walks over to Janda, "is that paint? ...of course it would have to be pink paint, wouldn't it?"
17:09 <@Torokasi> Janda and the priest glance over, Janda smiling wide as the priest nods. "So we just heard, ma'am." the priest, a serious-looking, bony Tal... kyr? He doesn't look Talstedi but there's none of the fur or hair normally there.
17:09 <@Torokasi> Janda laughs a bit weakly, though she doesn't seem bothered that much. "Yes, it's just like my luck, isn't it? Ah, well. You three ran into them, too?"
17:10 <AutumnCrow> "We were near the bridge where it apparently originated." Crow shrugs, "running deliveries for Sister Lenneth, of Magdanae's temple. Had to swat a few of them out of the air."
17:12 <@Torokasi> "Ah. That's good info as well. I'll go see if there's any assistance I can lend to trying to get this under control, then." The priest nods briefly. "Janda, I'll leave our guests to you. My apologies for the brevity, but." With that, he turns quickly and leaves at an almost jog out the door, leaving Janda with the group.
17:15 <AutumnCrow> "Well," Crow looks to Lilian and Para, "do we want to loiter around here, head back to the guild for now, or go looking for other things to do in the festival? I'll check back in with Sister Lenneth tomorrow about pay, not really the time for it right now."
17:16 <@Torokasi> "We could.... look for blimps while also looking around the festival?" Lilian says, finger on her cheek in thought.
17:17 <AutumnCrow> "Low flying ones, at least. We don't have much to hit the higher ones with that doesn't risk collateral damage, like arrows falling into crowded areas."
17:17 <@Torokasi> "Yeah. ... I could try jumping at them. We're not on the bridge now." Para comments.
17:18 <@Torokasi> Janda hums. "Well. There's also the option of going to the Guild and letting people know there."
17:19 <AutumnCrow> "We should do that first, yes." Crow looks to Janda, "do you need to stay here longer, or do you want to head back with us?"
17:20 <@Torokasi> "I had been helping with a small play for some kids when a group of blimps swooshed by." Janda shakes her head. "We're done for a day after that. One of the performers got ... paint or whatever this is in her mouth."
17:21 <AutumnCrow> "Then lets head back, swat any blimps we see on the way, and make sure someone's alerted the guild already."
17:22 <@Torokasi> "Sounds good." Janda nods, letting Crow lead the way out...
17:27 <@Torokasi> The Temple Circle is still a riot of noise and chaos, especially with the occasional blimp passing overhead - fortunately, the guards seem to have brought out as many ranged weapons as possible, and the Temples each have people out trying to swat people down. At the Guild, the guards and loitering Guildspeople seem to be staring north mostly out of curiousity - with one of them being Kalos, though she's not really staring north so much as
17:27 <@Torokasi> she's leaning on her weapon's shaft and listening.
17:28 <AutumnCrow> "Enjoying the noise festival, Kalos?" Crow asks with a half chuckle as they approach.
17:31 <@Torokasi> Lilian smirks as Kalos chuckles. "Ah, miss Crow. Yes, it's... interesting. What on earth happened up there?"
17:32 <@Torokasi> "Magical imps got spawned from a magic mishap. They're spitting paint and blotches of fire everywhere. Not too harmful but it's fire so everyone's on edge anyway." Lilian shrugs.
17:32 <@Torokasi> OOC: Sense motive, Crow, if you want.
17:33 <AutumnCrow> (OOC: I'll just take 10 for 21 if that's fine?)
17:34 <@Torokasi> OOC: Sure, since Lilian botched.
17:35 <@Torokasi> Lilian seems... unusually tense despite her lighthearted phrasing, with even Janda looking at her with slight confusion. Kalos, not noticing, replies lightheartedly, "Well... I suppose we should go on up, then, right folks? Just to make sure they don't go any further."
17:36 <@Torokasi> The crowd seems to agree at this and begins moving north, Kalos lingering. "You four sound a bit tired. Maybe just let central command know and take a rest, hmm?"
17:38 <AutumnCrow> "Three of us have been running from one end of the city to another already today," Crow nods, then turns to Lilian and Janda, "you two know magic better than I do, are these blimps enough of a threat to go chase after or can the guard and temples handle this from here?"
17:42 <@Torokasi> "Guards and the Temples should be more than enough, but they'll probably want Guild members that are used to dealing with preventing and stopping fires to be on standby, and they'll probably let everyone else know just so they can... ah, join in on the fun." Janda smirks at the end of this. "Really, it's a festival day. The biggest risk besides a fire is drunks hitting themselves in the head with their weapons trying to hit a blimp. Not
17:42 <@Torokasi> that I've seen my dad do something similar or anything."
17:50 <AutumnCrow> "That sounds like something your mother would have let him have several earfuls about if anyone besides family saw it," Crow smirks as well, then shrugs, "I think we can just leave this to them at this point then. If anyone wants to go after them, feel free to go hunting."
17:51 <@Torokasi> Para pauses, before shrugging. "Gonna go show bro the sleep needles."
17:52 <@Torokasi> Lilian and Janda both shrug. "I'm not really inspired. Anything you want to find or look into, Crow?" Lilian asks after a moment.
17:54 AutumnCrow slips her hand into Lilian's hand, "up for turning the rest of the festival into a date? We don't really have 'festivals' at the Autumn Temple, so I don't really know what there is to look for or do?"
17:55 <@Torokasi> Janda's smile is wide as Lilian blushes a bit. "That sounds fun... Mmm. Let's go see if we can find one of the light shows? Those can be really impressive."
17:57 <AutumnCrow> "They shouldn't be too hard to find, I'd think. And we can dodge our way through crowds well enough, I think."
17:57 <AutumnCrow> (OOC: scratch one of those "i thinks", Ugh)
17:58 <@Torokasi> "Indeed." Lilian nods. "And then you'll get to see a lot of what we were delivering today, most likely."
17:58 <@Torokasi> Janda nods. "Indeed. I didn't think about it, but the display should be excellent for a first time viewing! Do enjoy it. I'm... going to go get this dress cleaned and mended, hah."
18:00 <@Torokasi> Para already seems to have wandered off... OOC: Notice for Crow
18:00 <AutumnCrow> (OOC: Lolnotice. 13)
18:01 <@Torokasi> Lilian nods. "Enjoy the night, yeah. Let us know if there's been any developments once we get back?"
18:03 <@Torokasi> "Certainly. Enjoy!" And with a wave and a smile, Janda heads back to the apartments... OOC: Give me a sec, feel like doing a few quick rolls to see if there's any really good illusionist shows around or anything
18:07 <@Torokasi> It takes a while to find anything impressive, Lilian peeking into a few blocks where invisibility walls seem to be in effect before shaking her head, but eventually the two find a narrow alleyway that Lilian looks into before glancing at Crow, grinning. "Let's do this one. I think I've seen these three's work before, and it's a sight to behold, I promise."
18:09 <AutumnCrow> "Alright, I'll hold you to that~" Crow laughs, following Lilian into the presumably magical alleyway
18:18 <@Torokasi> The two step in and... Crow is immediately hit by the smell of sweet flowers, as before her eyes is a garden. A garden at night, lit softly with shadows shifting and creating patterns of light and shadow on the grass. The flowers are like nothing they've seen before, and there are benches lining the path in. <More>
18:19 <@Torokasi>  Lilian leads Crow gently to an empty bench about halfway in, surrounded by glowing blue flowers, with one white and one black one, thick-petaled, intertwined into the center of the bench. "It looks like they're going to start again soon." she murmurs, moving to touch a blue flower... which seems to turn into a golden butterfly in her hands, fluttering around the two before drifting upward and vanishing.
18:21 AutumnCrow sits down beside Lilian and slides one hand around her waist, while reaching out with the other...just too slow to poke the butterfly to see what else it would turn into before it vanished, "...so is there someone actively controlling all of these illusions at once? That would take some admirable concentration..."
18:28 <@Torokasi> "There are some hedgemages and spellcasters that specialize in illusions." Lilian murmurs. "Some of this is probably static and nontangible... others, like the flowers, I suppose?... can be told to do some things on a trigger. The big performance will be actively controlled by all of them, I think. There's probably also hedgemages maintaining spells while the lead illusionists work..." She moves in a bit closer to Crow, blushing slightly.
18:28 <@Torokasi> "I first saw them perform - I'm pretty sure this is them - like, when I was fourteen, I think..."
18:32 <AutumnCrow> "I suppose how little magic we have in the temple is both a strength and a weakness. We miss out on a lot of things like this." Crow smiles, glad that Lilian seems to be feeling better than she was back at the guild, and gets ready to watch the show!
18:37 <@Torokasi> "It's... I couldn't really imagine it, before meeting you. I don't know what I'd even do without my cantrips and spells, but...It helps to be able to see things from another direction, I imagine." Lilian murmurs, before glancing to the entrance as a small circle of light appears. <More>
18:44 <@Torokasi> From the circle, first a horse emerged, bounding down the alleyway, a light dew splashing from its mane; next was a flight of birds, doves and ravens and other birds Crow doesn't recognize, and crows as well, each with a different coloration. With the birds comes the sound of harps and... drums? And then the light show begins, dancing patters and lights in a startling variety of patterns, the birds flying through the patterns with
18:44 <@Torokasi> staggering precision. <More>
18:46 <@Torokasi> At one point, the show takes the form of an explosion of plant life, coiling vines with flowers practically filling the sky with a canopy of green and gemlike flowers. Patterns of ice form along the path as the lights begin again, then refracting through the ice and darting through the vines to further intertwine the patterns. <More>
18:49 <@Torokasi> The show seems to climax with another swarm of illusory animals from the entrance - fish swimming through the air, critters scattering across the ground and on the vines,  and coiling white serpents lazily floating through the sky as the light show reaches its peak, the music heightening... and then everything seems to fade gently, the spells all ending simultaneously and leaving Crow and Lilian on the bench, the illusionary sky appearing
18:49 <@Torokasi> to be dawn, and only a few notes of the harp remaining in the air.
18:51 AutumnCrow claps, quietly so as not to disturb the ambiance with the noise, but visibly. She's also smiling ear to ear at the display, "that was beautiful..."
18:52 <@Torokasi> Lilian claps as well.  "Yeah. These people... well, I've heard they do shows for the Emperor of the Three Gems, even. But Verxais is their home, so..."
18:57 <AutumnCrow> "I really do need to get some of those politics lessons from Marion, I didn't even know there was an emperor until hearing the report about the cataclysm's effects elsewhere," Crow laughs a bit, "but that's nothing that will be important for awhile I think." Sliding one hand around Lilian's waist again, she asks, "so anything else you suggest seeing while we're out, or do you want to call it
18:57 <AutumnCrow> a night?"
19:01 <@Torokasi> "Politics tend to wind up 'the royalty hide away somewhere and rarely pop in', for the better if I'm honest." Lilian murmurs as she loops her arm around Crow's waist as well. "Ahh... we could try to find a good restaurant? Honestly we're not likely to find better than this for a performance."
19:04 <AutumnCrow> "That sounds good," Crow leads the way out and asks around for a good restaraunt if Lilian doesn't already know one in the area~
19:14 <@Torokasi> The two head out (Lilian places some gold coins at a small basket at the end of the alleyway on their way out) and ask around, Lilian explaining that she's not really sure of any non-greasy restaurants around here. Eventually, the two get referred to a second-floor restaurant in one of the blocks, a small but busy place that smells of fish and has fresh greens lining the stairwell up. <More>
19:15 <@Torokasi> The two get a window seat looking out into the street, Lilian ordering a spicy dish with deer and greens while Crow gets a... well, the name is something like "Rojrulo's Heavenly Choir" and it's described as a traditional, famous dish using only Rojrulo-based ingredients, and the waitress seemed highly excited when Crow asked about it, so that's her order. <More>
19:18 <@Torokasi> Both dishes come out simultaneously, and both are... well, Crow's is an impressive dish of curried greens, with a heat that seems to practically mellow into sweetness on the tongue and some greens that Crow didn't realize could taste this... well, strong. She's used versions of them at the Autumn Temple but Rojrulo's versions are quite impressive, apparently. Lilian seems to heavily enjoy hers, at the least, though she does have to drink a
19:18 <@Torokasi> cup of milk about halfway through, embarrassed but grinning.
19:22 <AutumnCrow> "Considering how difficult travel between the cities is, I'm always surprised to find as much...well..." Crow gestures to her empty plate, "things like this, just around the city. It makes sense that we have so many people from elsewhere in the guild, we're the kind of people who brave the mist. But I never expected so much culture and food and such from the other cities when I came here."
19:25 <@Torokasi> "I know... there's some magical transportation of goods, at least." Lilian comments. "It's expensive so a lot of places will pool together costs for an order, since they want to get as much as possible for an order, and the spells they use, uh... people can't be moved that way, I've heard. I know that's how the Temple of Erest Rosen gets some of its books. Objects seem to... actually." Lilian pauses, looking out over the street. "Living
19:25 <@Torokasi> things in the Mist seem to attract issues. Maybe the magic moves them through the mist, somehow? And a living person would... draw fire, so to speak."
19:28 <AutumnCrow> "Hmm. That seems reasonable, the Mist does take much longer to have any kind of effect on even basic plants, if it ever does at all. Actually inanimate objects would be even less likely to be effected."
19:32 <@Torokasi> "Yeah. And if the plants have been harvested, and the magic is... not that disruptive, I guess? It'd make sense. But for anything living, caravans or adventurers are the usual methods. I know there's deer farms in other cities, and Mairs basically lives entirely off the amount of the waters it's managed to keep free of Mist. Granted it sounds like there's almost no land there to live on anymore... ...and yeah. Janda's families are druids
19:32 <@Torokasi> because druids are profitable. It's sort of interesting - Sath is all about money and ostentatious trade but I wouldn't be surprised if Ratokyst's temples didn't beat them out in a lot of places."
19:33 <AutumnCrow> "He is the only god allowed a presence in the Autumn Temple...though I can't say for certain if that's a longstanding tradition or just my mother's rule."
19:35 <@Torokasi> "Hm. I don't know, myself... it'd make sense if it's tradition just to make sure you have food. The Autumn Temple has to be the smallest barriered area, doesn't it? So if there was some form of magical item transit, you'd have to know, I'd think. Without that, a druid or cleric of Ratokyst has to be really helpful."
19:38 <AutumnCrow> "I would be shocked if we weren't the smallest area, yes. And we do eat a fair amount, since...well, I'd say close to a full third of the adults at the temple are actual combatants, and you know how fighters eat."
19:40 <@Torokasi> "Oh, yes. ...I was wondering, idly. Are vegetables the mainstay for everyone there? Is it just part of the training, or...?" Lilian asks, looking over at Crow. "The greens you've cooked for us before have been excellent, so I was wondering if that was a focus or a family thing or..."
19:46 <AutumnCrow> "Hardly," Crow shakes her head, "that's mostly a personal preferance. My mother and oldest brother eat a lot of everything, father's a big meat eater, I mostly eat vegetables to fill up without...well, without bulking up. That and I love texture differences in food, which produce has a much greater variety of."
19:50 <@Torokasi> "Oh, that- right, that makes total sense. And... yes, produce has excellent variety. It's something I hadn't ever really thought of. No one at the Temple's a great cook, so we never got to experience it as well as I do now." Lilian smiles.
19:51 <AutumnCrow> "God of both knowledge and hunger, and nobody there goes for cookbooks, hmm?" Crow grins.
19:53 <@Torokasi> "Hah..." Lilian grins, before glancing away. "...well, they aren't much for -satisfying- hunger, there, in the literal sense. You're supposed to... dwell with it, with the desire or the need."
19:54 <@Torokasi> "... not that that stops some priests." Lilian follows up after a moment.
19:56 <AutumnCrow> "...I think I can understand the mindset, at least a bit." Crow nods, then pulls out her own coins to pay for dinner, "you covered the show, so I'll cover dinner, I think is how these things work. Ready to head back?"
19:57 <@Torokasi> "Ah, sure!" Lilian smiles as they stand and get ready to head out...
20:04 <@Torokasi> The two slowly make their way back, passing through the crowds, before pausing right outside the gate. "The fireworks should start in... about thirty minutes. We've got time to get some water or wine and go up to the rooftop to watch?" Lilian smiles. "Or do you want to turn in for the night? There will be a bigger show tomorrow, if you'd just like to turn in today. It's been a busy one."
20:07 <AutumnCrow> "I've never actually seen fireworks, so I'd like to see one of the shows. I'm not so tired yet..." Crow then smiles and drops her voice so that only Lilian should be able to hear, "or are you subtly hinting that you'd like us to just head back to my room for the night?"
20:09 <@Torokasi> "Ah-" Lilian blushes, looking at Crow closely for a moment. "I'm always happy to do that, but- let's do the fireworks, yeah, and -then- we can head back to your room... I think you'll enjoy them a lot, I promise. ...we can move at your pace, Crow. It's all fine."
20:11 <AutumnCrow> "I'm not sure what my pace even is, to be totally honest," Crow half blushes herself, "I want to just...stay the same and rush headlong into everything at the same time, but that's not exactly possible so...ah...lets go watch fireworks."
20:13 <@Torokasi> "Let's." Lilian smiles, hugging Crow close as they go inside. <More>
20:15 <@Torokasi> Past Redola, who manages a something resembling polite greeting. Up the stairs. Into the hallway, where Janda is waiting, spinning around as the two come in, a wine glass in her hand. At seeing Crow and Lilian, she all but runs up to them, staring... straight at Crow, in what looks like disbelief.
20:16 <AutumnCrow> "...is...something the matter?" Crow offers Janda a half smile, half confused expression.
20:16 <@Torokasi> Janda's mouth begins working furiously for a second, before, "TH-TH-THAT MAN IS YOUR FATHER?!?!"
20:17 <AutumnCrow> "....is my father here?" Crow blinks, "where?"
20:18 <@Torokasi> "HE. HE STOPPED BY. SAID OH MY GOD hOW DOES HE HAVE THAT MUCH MUSCLE, CROW. HE SAID HE WAS YOUR FATHER!!!"
20:18 <@Torokasi> Lilian's face is very, very blatantly attempting to be stony and absolutely failing, making it look vaguely ghastly as she looks on Janda in confusion.
20:20 <AutumnCrow> "I have told you that he's killed a dragon before, right?" Crow smirks at Janda, "and that he's, in his own words, a barbarian? And you're surprised he's muscular. I am the smallest of all of us by quite a bit."
20:22 <@Torokasi> "STILL. HOW?! HIS THIGHS COULD CRUSH ROCKS, CROW!" Janda practically shrieks. "I THOUGHT HE'D LOOK LIKE - LIKE JAGDEN OR ONE OF THE OTHERS, NOT LIKE THAT-" Suddenly, a small burst of water splashes on her head, Lilian's hand claming onto her shoulder afterward.
20:22 <@Torokasi> "Please calm down, Janda." Lilian's voice is an inch away from laughter even though she seems to have calmed her face down.
20:24 <AutumnCrow> "Well...it seems we should catch tomorrow's fireworks after all." Turning to Lilian, Crow asks, "help me find if he's still around the guild? Or..." turning back to Janda, "did he say where he'd be staying?"
20:28 <@Torokasi> "No. No, he, uh, didn't. He just said he'd... come find you tomorrow? Didn't sound like he was staying here I think." Janda replies, a bit breathlessly and muted. "Mentioned he was going to go catch friends I think."
20:29 <AutumnCrow> "Oh...well, then I guess we aren't changing the plans. Fireworks it is, and I'll make sure to be up early."
20:30 <@Torokasi> "Yeah. ... Does your dad, like, eat an entire cow every day or something?" Janda asks, clutching the wine glass. "Fireworks. Right, yes, Kalos and the others went up with some snacks and drinks. I'll, uh, join once I recover."
20:33 <@Torokasi> "...so that means Jagden's back, too. I'm sure the Guild will be relieved." Lilian comments after a moment.
20:35 <AutumnCrow> "I hope the other two aren't too far behind. The sooner the Guild is back to full strength the faster we can start figuring out what all is going on in the world now," Crow nods along, then grabs some water and heads to the roof for fireworks!
20:36 <@Torokasi> "Yeah." Janda nods. "We should act fast... Oh, he did ask me how you were doing. I said you were doing great as far as I could tell... I hope that's okay? I don't know how I should have responded, like if you were training a lot or anything."
20:38 <AutumnCrow> "Why would you need to tell him that, he knows what I do for training?" Crow blinked, "he was probably wondering how well I was adapting to the city, if anything."
20:39 <@Torokasi> "A-ah. That makes sense. I just... well, don't worry about it. That was probably it, yeah. I'll meet you two up there!" Janda smiles before heading into her room. Lilian grabs water as well before smiling and shrugging to Crow.
20:45 <@Torokasi> Everyone - including Ary, sitting with Nyci, and Solmyr, Para, and Para's brother Benzin - is sitting and chatting as Crow and Lilian, and eventually Janda, come up to the roof to watch the fireworks - a dazzling array of purples, blues, and yellows, with some splashes of green and red against the night sky....

Offline Taishyr

• Vamiro
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2017, 06:53:31 pm »
16:21 <Torokasi> Crow prepares for the morning as early as usual for the Autumn Temple, leaving a drowsing Lilian behind as she heads outside to do her morning practice while waiting. As she goes through the motions, about an hour later, Lilian comes outside and perches on a nearby bench. "Hey, Crow." she murmurs sleepily, glancing around. "Waiting out here for him?"
16:23 <AutumnCrow> "Well that seems more polite than making him barge into the women's quarters," Crow half smirks, then winds down her movements and goes to sit beside Lilian, "certainly more polite to Redola, at least."
16:25 <Torokasi> "Redola needs more entertainment in her life." Lilian giggles. "... I take it he normally wakes up with the rest of the Temple?"
16:25 <AutumnCrow> "That depends entirely on how much he had to drink last night, but usually yes."
16:28 <Torokasi> "Gotcha. Alright." Lilian chuckles.  "... this is a bit nervewracking for me, I admit."
16:31 <AutumnCrow> "Oh, you shouldn't be worried about meeting him," Crow laughs, "mother is the intimidating one of the pair. Father's certainly, ah, big and leaves an impression, but he's...the sort of person who will go out in the mist to look for lost travellers or the like, becuase he knows he can and he has no reason not to. He doesn't like being called a hero, but he'll help people in trouble just because
16:31 <AutumnCrow> he can't think of a good reason not to help." Crow smiles, and it's clear she respects her father a great deal from the tone of her voice even though she's probably more different from him than any of her siblings.
16:33 <Torokasi> "... he sounds a lot like you." Lilian smiles. "That does put me at ease, Crow. Thanks. ... Do you want me to go bring some bread and butter down for a breakfast while we wait?"
16:34 <AutumnCrow> "Oh, that would be nice, thank you." Crow risks a quick kiss on Lilian's cheek before she gets up to go.
16:36 <Torokasi> "Got it." Lilian smiles, returning the peck before darting upstairs. The Mist above the barrier is very thin, blue sky brightly visible this morning as Crow waits. And waits. And Lilian comes down with the bread and butter, and three knives, and Janda.
16:37 <Torokasi> Janda smiles to Crow. "Morning, Crow. Uh, do you want me to go see if the guildhall knows where he's staying? I've got to stop by there anyway, so I figured I could ask..."
16:39 <AutumnCrow> "Well if he said he would be by today than he will. If he doesn't show by the time...lets say by the time Solmyr and Marion drag themselves outside, then we'll go about our own business today and I'll leave a note."
16:42 <Torokasi> "Sure, that makes sense. I'll be back in a bit, then." Janda smiles and heads over, leaving Lilian and Crow to eat...
16:43 AutumnCrow munches some bread while waiting~
16:45 <Torokasi> ...until right about when Janda is out of sight, when Lilian and Crow can both hear Wild Goose's voice coming from the other direction, "Crow! Hello!"
16:46 AutumnCrow stands up and waves, "Father! Hello! Sorry I missed you yesterday, I was out seeing the festival!"
16:47 <Torokasi> Wild Goose is practically bounding over gleefully. "That's fine, my girl!" Practically closing the gap in no time, Goose sweeps Crow up into a strong embrace. "How have you been? how was the Festival? The city treating you well?"
16:50 AutumnCrow allows herself to be scooped up but them squirms back down to her feet, "Ah...aside from the minor apocolypse as a housewarming gift, well enough. The festival was lovely though, we did a bit of work and then went to go see a illusion light show that was beautiful."
16:51 <AutumnCrow> "I hear you met one of my group last night, Janda." Gesturing to Lilian beside her, Crow makes introductions, "this is Lilian, the...well, second in command of the group basically. A templar of Erest Rosen. I'm sure the others will be about...eventually. It was a festival last night after all."
16:54 <Torokasi> Lilian smiles and curtsies. "It's a pleasure, Wild Goose."
16:57 <Torokasi> Wild Goose lets Crow go - and sweeps Lilian's hand up, squeezing hard enough to confuse Lilian. "A pleasure to meet you as well! Templar of Erest Rosen, eh? I've been trying to argue Dragon into letting a priest or templar up to help with the documents she hasn't sorted, but she's been stubborn on it. Still, a pleasure!" Then, to Crow, "Yes, I met Janda - she seemed, ah, poleaxed. I suppose I should be glad I didn't bring Dragonslayer with
16:57 <Torokasi> me! Were you two just waiting for me out here?"
17:00 <AutumnCrow> "Well, we were also eating breakfast and I did my morning practice, but mostly yes," Crow smirks and adds in her best deadpan, "and, ah, I suppose Janda didn't quite remember when I told her I was the smallest person in the family."
17:03 <Torokasi> "Yes, well." Goose laughs at this, before nodding slightly and stretching, glancing between the two of them. "Any other exciting adventures before or after that, uh, mild chaos shook everything up?"
17:07 <AutumnCrow> "We did find a long lost bunker that's been inactive for thousands of years before we stumbled into it," Crow explained as if it was just another adventure, "and found this scarf there, which is enchanted. Who knows how on earth it got there, but it was there. And on that trip we did spot a chimera at rest, but chose to avoid confrontation with it. We are planning to take a second trip out
17:07 <AutumnCrow> to the ruin to see how much of it we can get working again, perhaps with a higher ranking guild mage along to take a look at the overcores."
17:11 <Torokasi> "A... bunker? With this scarf, eh?" Goose looks at the scarf closely ...  "This is Pigeon's scarf. ...Or at least it looks an awful lot like it."
17:13 <AutumnCrow> "....huh." Crow takes off the scarf and hands it to her father, "I...hope it's just one like it, I was hoping to run into him sometime out here."
17:17 <Torokasi> Goose nods, looking it over. "...No, it's his, definitely. But enchanted, since he wouldn'tve gotten that at the Temple. ...Wait, you said the bunker had been inactive for thousands of years? Curious. Wonder what he was doing there? I mean, if you didn't see any signs of anything wrong there, he may have just... left an... enchanted weapon in a random bunker for absolutely... no reason?" Goose tilts his head in thought as he hands the
17:17 <Torokasi> scarf back to Crow. "...He'd want you to have it anyway. Maybe it, uh, got teleported in there during the Cataclysm? About the only explanation."
17:21 <AutumnCrow> "I'll hope that's all it is. Or maybe he got teleported away from it, there was a fair amount of people getting warped around even here inside the barrier. I can't imagine how much chaos it caused outside of barriers." Crow takes the scarf back and winds it back around her waist.
17:23 <Torokasi> "That'd make sense, certainly." Goose shakes his head. "I can try to have your uncle do a Sending to him when I get back just to make sure he's okay. Regardless. A bunker, with... functioning overcores? Never heard of those to be honest. Sounds great! I'm glad you all have dived head-first into going out into the Mist - from what Jagden's told me, a lot of M1s fear even heading out after their introductory mission, at least until they're
17:23 <Torokasi> M2s. It's meant to teach caution, sure, but that sounds too much to me!"
17:28 <AutumnCrow> "We have a templar, a ranger who grew up in a travelling caravan, a warblade from the silver guard, one of the best healers in M1, a wanderer, and of course me. And now Marion as well, but she's recent. None of us are afraid of the mist, so long as we don't stay out in it long." Crow smirks with a confidant bearing.
17:32 <Torokasi> "An impressive roster." Goose nods. "Ah, should we find somewhere to sit and chat? I think Duessa's should have some strong tea this early if that sounds pleasant. Oh, are you waiting for the rest of the team?" Behind him, Crow can see Janda returning, her face still slightly slackjawed as she approaches Goose.
17:33 <AutumnCrow> "Well, Solmyr is probably going to sleep until noon at the very least. We can go over to Duessa's for now, sure." Crow notes Janda's approach and waves her over, "any sign of Mare or the boys?"
17:36 <Torokasi> "Ah... hi, Mr. Goose. No, no sign of them - I'm sure Ary and Solmyr will be a while, and Para probably needs some peace. Mare... hm. No sign, no. I'll leave a note at the front desk and we can head over to Duessa's."
17:39 <Torokasi> "Sounds excellent. Shall we head over?" Goose nods to Crow.
17:39 AutumnCrow chuckles at Janda, then nods and heads over
17:41 <Torokasi> The group funnels up into a private room, Goose carrying in two pots of tea and Janda grabbing the cups as they settle in. As the tea is poured, Goose grins, "So tell me everything! It's got to have been incredible to walk into the city for the first time, let alone everything you've been able to do here."
17:44 <AutumnCrow> "I'll be honest, my first thought on entering the city was just 'there are too many people here'," Crow chuckles while accepting her tea, "and I still cannot find my way around anything more complicated than the guild area and the temple district without help. The mist is less confusing than the twists and turns of the residential areas, especially when you take all those invisible block
17:44 <AutumnCrow> party places into account."
17:47 <Torokasi> "Hah. Those still startle me. There's usually something they tie on a post nearby as I recall? Maybe the signs have changed - they probably have, truthfully." Goose chuckles, staring into his tea a bit, smiling. "It's something you'll acclimate to, I'm sure. Dusk still comes back from his trips down here relatively stressed from finding his way around. So you avoided a chimera - an entirely reasonable action, since they're unpredictable at
17:47 <Torokasi> best. Any other interesting encounters?"
17:51 <AutumnCrow> "Well, we've been out into the mist twice since passing the trial. Once on an escort mission for the temple of Ratokyst and once trying to find a door we left our group mark on but the cataclysm happened between the two so we found something else entirely. In the city we dealt with a couple of idiots summoning mephits to terrorize a slum district, helped a freind of Janda's family deal with
17:51 <AutumnCrow> her mist addled elemental lizards, and worked with the temple of the Weeping Lady to catch someone breaking into thier crypt. The culprit was a...well meaning but rather dumb boy who was being tricked by an alchemist. The alchemist is clearly an active mist worshipper and he did get away, unfortunately."
17:51 <AutumnCrow> "I did get the book," Crow beams, "and have actually managed to learn the first stances in it!"
17:54 <Torokasi> "Excellent! I was meaning to ask about the book, yes - glad to hear you've got that down! Yer ma- I mean, Dragon was assuming you'd be able to get it down pat." Goose glows. "Glad to hear the temples have been good sources of work, and... idiots summoning things they shouldn't somehow doesn't surprise me. You've stayed busy, then! Mist worshippers to smash and all." Glancing to Janda, Goose then asks, "What's your friend do with, ah,
17:54 <Torokasi> element lizards?"
17:55 <Torokasi> "She sells them as pets and protectors. They're, uh, popular with the richer families, apparently, as something of a bodyguard." Janda chuckles.
17:56 <Torokasi> "I see, I see. You also saw the dragon, then - Jagden told me about it." Goose leans back a bit. "Sounds bigger than the one I got. I'm a bit envious."
17:58 <AutumnCrow> "Mother would have hated how much it just stayed in air, I'm sure." Crow snickers, "for all that they didn't kill it, I'm glad the trio was able to keep it from attacking the city directly at least."
18:04 <Torokasi> "Definitely. He said tha... well, he mentioned it seemed to be magically resistant to anything they were throwing at it. It's possible there was something else behind it... but who would even know what that would be?" Goose shrugs. "Anyway, stay away from them until your gut says you can take them on."
18:07 <AutumnCrow> "And...well, there's one othe rthing that's been going on, but I'm not sure how much you'd know about it? Apparently I have the ability to...well, manipulate dreams, somehow. The priest of Sath called it a 'Koshinite' ability, and the dream entity I spoke with said it ran in my bloodline, so that seems like something I need to go back and talk to mother about. Have...you ever heard of her,
18:07 <AutumnCrow> or Tree or any of the others doing something like that?"
18:08 <AutumnCrow> "I..." Crow hesistates a bit, "haven't talked to the guild about it yet, since I wanted to talk to mother about it first. And I'm not sure why, but my gut keeps telling me that this is something I shouldn't tell the guild just yet."
18:09 <Torokasi> OOC: Roll sense motive.
18:12 <AutumnCrow> OOC: rolled a 1d20+11 for 18 total.
18:15 <Torokasi> Crow finishes talking, leaving the room silent as Goose stares into his tea contemplatively. "Well. I, uh, don't know anything about any Koshinite or whatever, and can't say I've heard anything about, uh, your mom doing this, or Tree. ...You haven't sent a letter or anything back to your mom about it, or anything?"
18:17 <AutumnCrow> "I was planning a trip back to show the Temple to the others anyway, and it didn't seem like the sort of thing you ask about in a letter," Crow shrugs a bit awkwardly.
18:21 <Torokasi> Goose continues staring into his tea, before Lilian comments, "You tensed up as soon as she said 'manipulate dreams'. ...do you know something we should know?"
18:21 <Torokasi> "...bloody templars of Erest Rosen." Goose grins halfheartedly. "...Yeah. Dreaming talents run on my side of the family. Please tell me they've been relatively calm and lucid, at least?"
18:24 AutumnCrow flicks her eyes between Lilian and her father, smirking as she sips her tea, "I did warn you she was one. And...so far, yes. There's a...sort of staging area that I'm usually alone in, and that's where I spoke to the dream entity. Litas Naemach it called itself, 'the Deciever' is what else I heard it called. From there I can see...archways, paths that lead into the dreams of others,
18:24 AutumnCrow and I can enter those somewhat freely. Though I also get forced out when things change too quickly."
18:25 <Torokasi> The teacup cracks in your dad's hand. "Okay. So, Crow, I need you to do something for me. When you decide you need to go talk to Dragon about this, can you give me... like, one week to run in the opposite direction? As far as I can? I'd like to at least have a sporting chance of escaping her wrath."
18:27 <AutumnCrow> "I don't see why she'd need to be upset," Crow quirks an eyebrow, "if anything it's simply an additional ability that I will master along the path towards mastering the Autumn Temple styles."
18:30 <Torokasi> "..." Goose exhales. "...Your mom was really concerned about any of you kids picking up this, ah, ... 'knack'.  For a variety of reasons. ...You haven't blacked out in battle or anything? Litas didn't try to convince you to help it? Nothing in there has tried to... claim you or anything?"
18:30 <Torokasi> Janda speaks up, "Claim? Like... in what sense?"
18:30 <Torokasi> "Uh. Like, ...in any sense." Goose comments.
18:35 <AutumnCrow> "I...did meet two others there. One a dark haired woman who looked quite a bit like me who simply said that she would protect me while she was there. And...ah..." Crow uncharactaristicly hesitated a bit, "...Autumn Sparrow. Who gave me her strength and asked Litas Naemach to watch over me. She's the one who called it 'the Deciever'. That was during the cataclysm, actually. And it was after
18:35 <AutumnCrow> that, that I was able to start understanding the seasonal stances."
18:37 <Torokasi> At this point, the cup shatters in Goose's hand as his head sinks to the table. "...Fuck. -Sparrow- asked -Litas-?" he asks, his voice muffled. "I'm changing my request to two weeks. ... though if Sparrow is watching over you that's... one major positive note."
18:37 <Torokasi> 0\
18:40 <Torokasi> "I think." he adds after a moment. "Still, asking for two weeks. ...I don't know that much about the dreaming talents, but I'll answer questions if I can."
18:42 <AutumnCrow> "I...am figuring things out as I go, honestly. Lilian's assisting me by letting me use her dream for practice, and I'm doing a decent enough job so far. I am glad to know which side of the family it came from at least."
18:44 <Torokasi> Goose nods slightly. "I ... don't know what Litas has said. From what my dad told me, he never lies, and he's... probably one of the more congenial ones to run into there, if you have to run into ancient abominations that may or may not be able to outright control the Mist?"
18:47 <AutumnCrow> "He did say that he serves a current master, who has also instructed him to aid me. But he would say nothing of who this 'master' is. Ah..." Crow looks over to Lilian, "...I almost forgot about that one that I was pulled into alongside those yeeks. With the castle and the woman. I'd need to go get my journal to ask about the names in that one, unless you remember them offhand?"
18:51 <Torokasi> "...what." Goose's head rears up as he stares at Crow. "He's... been instructed to aid you? Explicitly? That's what he said?"
18:52 <AutumnCrow> "He said that his master told him to assist me as nessecary, should his master foresee the need."
18:56 <Torokasi> "... Okay, I'm past being out of my depth and down to gargling in the lowest levels of the Verxais sewers here." Goose shakes his head. "... I don't know what to suggest to you here. I'm glad you've found a way to take it slow, at least. Just... be very, very careful."
18:58 <AutumnCrow> "I'll be as careful as I know how to be, I promise," Crow can't help but laugh a bit along with her promise.
19:00 <Torokasi> Lilian closes her notebook. "Queen Ersyth VI of Prostavi, and also the yeeks commented that someone from the temple helped out in removing a kobold group menacing them. That's all I've got in here."
19:00 <Torokasi> Goose blinks. "The name doesn't ring anything, but the yeeks... We haven't helped yeeks since I've been there. Ever, really. Curious."
19:04 <AutumnCrow> "I wonder if it wasn't Thunder or Pidgeon, or someone else who left to wander and didn't make it back."
19:07 <Torokasi> "Could be..." Goose shrugs. "Yeek aren't terrible so long as you can tell them you're not there to split them in two. Granted, most of them run from me before I can say anything..."
19:08 <Torokasi> "So... does dreaming potential run through all of your family?" Lilian asks after a moment. "Or does it skip? Do you have it?"
19:10 <Torokasi> "...No, I can't really do anything in dreams unless someone who -can- is there as well. It doesn't skip generations, it just... manifests weirdly, depending on... factors. For me, it's. Um. You three are familiar with psionics, yes? I'm not one by any sense, but... Redel told me once it was 'the mirror of psionic power' - an innate mental power that lashes out."
19:12 <AutumnCrow> "I thought it had some kind of psionic association," Crow nods, "the overcores in the bunker recognized both myself and Para as able to try and...do some basic repairs on them. Para has some basic psionic abilities, a psychic warrior sort. I presumed my own compatability had to do with the dream abilities."
19:15 <Torokasi> "It's likely in the same vein as my own, yes. An innate capacity rather than a... fully-born psionic capacity, but one that indicates mental capacity to handle some psionic tools. May be a useful trick in a fight, if you find psionic tools that help out." Goose nods. "...On lighter news, you all are planning on catching the fireworks tonight, I take it?"
19:16 <AutumnCrow> "That was on the agenda, yes. At least for me, we all operate fairly independantly during downtime."
19:17 <Torokasi> Janda chuckles. "I probably will, yes. It's been a nice change of pace."
19:19 <Torokasi> Lilian nods as well. "How long are you in town?"
19:23 <Torokasi> Goose shrugs. "Probably a few more days, and then, uh... I need to go give Dragon news, it seems. Still, you've come out of everything on top - I wish you luck in continuing to do so, daughter mine!  Mmm... Have you tried Tiya Maxim's restaurant? She's supposedly related to your mom's side of the family very, very distantly, according to Tree - very distant cousins at some level. She's an excellent cook as well, may be willing to give you
19:23 <Torokasi> some advice!"
19:24 <AutumnCrow> "I haven't!" Crow perks up at the thought, "I have been keeping up my cooking skills, we even got a hotstone that I can cook on while camping as a quest reward and I put together a travel spice kit, but I'm always interested in trying something new."
19:27 <Torokasi> "Then I'll take you all there this evening before the fireworks, my treat!" Goose beams. "And ah, a hotstone? Those things are so handy - I never had one, but Jagden introduced me to them. Rare, made of heimotite and white charstone as I recall, but an excellent tool out there!"
19:40 <Torokasi> At this point Mare comes in, and more greetings and conversation happen, with the group eventually filtering back out. Eventually, Janda, Lilian and Mare leave, Crow getting up to follow when Goose says, quieter than normal for him, "One sec, Crow, before you head out. ...Did Autumn Sparrow talk to you directly? Did she call you anything in specific or anything?"
19:42 <AutumnCrow> "No. She just called me 'granddaughter', she was talking to Naemach about me rather than to me."
19:45 <Torokasi> "...Good. On a few levels. If she's recognizing you are Dragon's heir, that's... a major relief. ...Crow. There's something you need to know." Goose inhales, before, "... the wild talent doesn't skip generations, though not every... Most men in the family don't get it."
19:49 <AutumnCrow> "...well that would make it easy to explain why I have it and my brothers don't," Crow smiles, looking very pleased at effectively inheriting two female-only(or female predominant at least) bloodline abilities. "Ah...and I suppose as long as it's just the two of us in here...I should tell you...um. Lilian...and I are actually...dating. She...figured some things out, she's too smart not to.
19:49 <AutumnCrow> And, well, I...wanted to tell you at least, since I'm fairly sure I should say nothing about that to mother."
19:53 <Torokasi> "I... I'm glad for you two, I truly am. So, uh, as long as your mom gets grandchildren she doesn't care either." Goose hurriedly comments., almost babbling. "But, Crow. ... ugh, I'm being a coward. ... The talent is male-only. The women never get it. ...If Sparrow is calling you granddaughter, then it likely doesn't matter, and you mastered that stance, which... but I need to tell you. ...You need to know." <More>
19:54 <Torokasi> "Just in case. I... can't imagine this would stop you from becoming the heir, and I assure you there's basically no one that would figure things out by this - everyone in Teriander passed away before I left anyway, so... but yeah. Your mom knows this, too. I told her it'd be a risk with the boys, but..."
19:56 <AutumnCrow> "Wait...how does it 'not skip generations' and 'not hit most men' but also 'not hit the women at all'?" Crow just stares at her father, "father that makes no sense. If it doesn't affect women and doesn't nessesarit effect men, that's the very definition of skipping generations."
19:57 <Torokasi> "Skipping generations is 'won't hit one generation but will hit the next generation', as far as I knew." Goose moans a bit. "Hitting grandfather and son but not father sort of thing."
19:59 <AutumnCrow> "Ah. I thought it simply meant 'that it doesn't always come up every generation'." Crow sighs, "...alright, well nobody else needs to know that this familial talent is male only so...it's fine. I can use the seasonal stances, and...and Lilian says there's magic out there that will actually fix certain accidents of birth, so we just nee dto find some before it becomes an issue. That's all."
20:01 <Torokasi> "Yeah. There is that magic...  yeah. You've got the stance, you have your grandmother's support... this shouldn't be an issue. ...Sorry." Goose clutches his head. "...Scar-eye may know something. I can... try to ask her discreetly, and if she thinks it's me wanting it for myself, that's fine, whatever."
20:02 <AutumnCrow> "I can make do, I think. I learn better by doing anyway, and am already more proficient than the priest said I should be...more then Litas Naemach said I should be as well."
20:03 <Torokasi> Goose nods slowly. "Yeah, it sounded like that. My dad mentioned needing to practice for a long while to be able to do much there."
20:07 <Torokasi> "...Well, I'm going to go meet with Jagden and try to get an update on what else is happening in other cities. I'll meet you outside your apartment for a trip to Tiya Maxim's this evening, around fifth bell? Their phantom fish isn't to be missed." Goose nods slightly.
20:08 <AutumnCrow> "I'll extend the invitation to the boys as well, I'm sure Ary at least would like to meet you. He's also from Terriander and...well, is the actual primary frontliner of the group, the one who takes the most hits at least. Slightly worse at dodging than you are," Crow snickers.
20:09 <Torokasi> "I refuse to believe there is anyone worse at dodging than I - I'd love to meet him." Goose laughs. "Enjoy the afternoon, and I'll meet up with you then, alright?"
20:10 <AutumnCrow> "Alright!"