HeyWeThinkYeSpam

Author Topic: Rank 2, Mission 2: "Laughter and Tears over Tia Marias"  (Read 1231 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Taishyr

  • Vamiro
  • *****
  • Posts: 401
Rank 2, Mission 2: "Laughter and Tears over Tia Marias"
« on: September 15, 2016, 07:15:53 pm »
<Torokasi> The group files into their usual room in Duessa's Redoubt, Solmyr and Ary bringing tea in as they close the door. "As much as I'd rather get drunk right now, I think we need to debrief." Solmyr explains, putting the teacups down as Ary puts down the two ceramic tea kettles.
<Torokasi> Lilian nods slightly as she helps pass out the tea cups, sliding one of the kettles down the table. "... Debrief Para and Mare first, then try to figure out what happened at the end there?"
<AutumnCrow> "That would be best," Crow nods, "I...certainly will not be returning to that dream. It was becoming harder and harder to stay, as if the dream knew I wasn't supposed to be there."
<Torokasi> "Curious." Ary mutters, before glancing to Mare and Para. "Anyway, the quick and dirty brief: Solmyr and I did healing and support duty at the Temple, Crow, Lilian, Janda and uh, you, Para, came by,  Solmyr talked to them and then came to talked to me, someone said the barrier was coming back up, then the dream ended after people started falling over?"
<Torokasi> Solmyr snorts. "Not everyone fell over, Ary."
<AutumnCrow> "Something about the barrier...I felt was not normal." Crow sighs, "though I lack any better explanation to give than 'not normal', unfortuantely."
<Torokasi> Lilian nods slightly. "As for Janda, Crow and myself, we woke up, went on guard duty, saw Para come toward us with refugees, got them to the Temple for healing, then... what Ary said. ...Janda, you alright?"
<Torokasi> Janda looks up from her tea, a strange expression on her face. "Head's fuzzy, but yeah, I'm okay. ... The dream ended after the barrier went up for the rest of you?"
<AutumnCrow> "....I take it for you it didn't?"
<Torokasi> "Right. It... ended at the end of the night. I was mostly just riding along for it anyway, it felt just like a normal dream." Janda nods. "You four seemed fine, honestly, is why I asked. The barrier was apparently significantly weaker... I didn't follow the full explanation, honestly. The magic involved is over my head. But the effects they were describing
<Torokasi> as a result at least explained the sickness... or dizziness? Or whatever was going on for all of us. Para, too, despite him not being actually in the dream with us. It hit basically all the trained, experienced people a lot harder."
<AutumnCrow> "Trained, experienced...people who had experience being out in the mist, perhaps?" Crow tosses a guess out.
<Torokasi> "That seems to be a part of it, though Ms. Kila apparently collapsed as well in that timeline despite only being out in it once, as did a lot of the higher priests of Ratokyst... I mean, it's possible that Mist exposure is why. I don't know for sure."
<Torokasi> "And, I mean, everyone got exposed to some Mist when the barrier went down. ...maybe that was the more direct point of the attack? Low-level mist poisoning anywhere that didn't directly fall?" Lilian asks, drumming her fingers on the table.
<AutumnCrow> "The barrier wasn't down that long, and while mist poison is dangerous...would low level mist poisoning really be that much a victory for the force of the mist, even on such a wide scale?"
<Torokasi> "Point." Lilian shrugs. "...I dunno, I have no other ideas right now. Did anything else happen, Janda?"
<Torokasi> "Mmm. I saw Hikoi and Marisa, who apparently survived the attacks and were in town... The barrier going up seemed to have badly dazed Hikoi, but they were waving priests off, saying they expected it. Marisa was just unconscious after the shockwave. One of the priests was trying to contact Flynn to no avail." Janda recites. "It sounded like you and Lilian
<Torokasi> were going to talk to Hikoi about something once they recovered."
<Torokasi> Para looks between the group. "...I was there?"
<Torokasi> Janda, Lilian, and Solmyr give each other exasperated looks, before chiming in unison, "Yes."
<AutumnCrow> "And dream Para said more in that one conversation that I think I've heard you say the entire time I've known you," Crow chuckles.
<Torokasi> "...Weird." Para notes, leaning back. "Why?"
<AutumnCrow> "He had to give a report on what happened with his caravan," Crow explained, "which that Para was still travelling with instead of living in the city. The caravan got...shifted, I suppose, from near nlocomo to here."
<Torokasi> "...Caravan?" Para tilts his head. "... Oh. ...My aunt was still alive?"
<AutumnCrow> "An aunt was mentioned, yes."
<Torokasi> Para's face looks downcast for a moment, before looking up. "...We gave the last one to the Guild. ... If we find another, may I use it?"
<AutumnCrow> "Oh I didn't give it to the guild." Crow smirks, "They already knew what the fragments were, no need to let them have it to study. And...once we met Miss Kyrat, I rather lost all desires to be unduly generous."
<Torokasi> Para's head jerks up.  "...May I, then?"
<AutumnCrow> "You'll have to wait until we head back to Uhlemi to use it, but it is spoils for the group, you're no less entitled to one than any of the ones who used it already," Crow nods.
<AutumnCrow> "You..." Crow sighs, "might not see THAT reality, though."
<Torokasi> "... Oh." Para shrugs. "...I figured... she'd be dead in any timeline. If not, I don't mind trying until I see her."
<Torokasi> Ary glances at Crow. "Beg pardon? We all saw the same thing, didn't we?"
<AutumnCrow> "It's apparently an anomoly that the four who used the fragments all saw the same reality, according to what the overcore said. Usually no two people see the same one..." Crow shrugs, "of course normally people don't have a magical dream princess snooping on thier fragment induced alternate realities."
<Torokasi> Lilian blinks. "...Shit, they did say that. ... That's actually incredibly bizarre, but I remember that now. By Sath, this is all far too strange."
<Torokasi> "Not Erest Rosen?" Mare smirks.
<AutumnCrow> "Nor, I would imagine, are they using these in the immediate aftermath of such a massive event as the catacylsm," Crow adds, with a nod to Ary, "there's more than one explanation, but who knows which one is which."
<Torokasi> "Erest Rosen is a calm and level headed god leave him out of this nonsense." Lilian replies with an eye quirked at Mare, who just grins back.
<Torokasi> Ary nods slightly. "Yeah. I guess that's so. ...Okay, so next question. What do we tell the Guild about all this?"
<AutumnCrow> "I...I'm not sure, to be honest. I'll ask that you leave my involvement out of it, at least for now. I don't think it's a good idea for the guild to learn of my dream abilities yet. I can't say exactly why, it's just a gut feeling." Crow shakes her head.
<Torokasi> "Okay. So we don't mention your abilities... Do we mention what we saw? Like, the barrier going back up, that being the end of the dream? Or should we cut it off after the Cataclysm, not that that gives us much to talk about?"
<Torokasi> Lilian asks, frowning.
<Torokasi> Janda says after a moment, "As much as we can without involving Crow or Baelfang, I think. It lets us keep our stories... relatively straight. I'm not going to remember to keep it down to just the Cataclysm portion, honestly."
<AutumnCrow> "The dreams are supposed to end after your...deaths, remember. They apparently always end that way, I think my interferance is the reason it didn't."
<AutumnCrow> "Anything we report, they'll want to know how you died..." Crow sighs, "when that hasn't happened."
<Torokasi> "... So say Baelfang killed us?" Solmyr asks after a pause. "Seems like what would have happened without your interference."
AutumnCrow stays quiet, not really comfortable asking them to actively lie instead of just not bringing something up...
<Torokasi> "...Well, we all had the same dream, right? I can tell them that we met up and then Baelfang ripped us a new one. Accurate to what would've happened in that we all technically survived a bit into the Cataclysm, and it's, like, not that far off. And if we basically all had the same dream, there's no reason for all of us to tell it, so I can just speak up
<Torokasi> about it." Lilian shrugs. "Let me and Solmyr handle it, I guess is what I'm saying. If you're up for that, Solmyr."
<Torokasi> "Ah, sure." Solmyr nods after a moment. "....Janda, you were most affected. Is there anything you want to make sure we work into the story somehow, so if asked you can talk about it?"
<Torokasi> Mare blinks but remains silent as Janda glances at Solmyr. "Ah- uhhhh...." After a moment, she nods. "Tell them I ran into Hikoi and Marisa at the Temple of Ratokyst. That, plus knowing the Trio die-died in the attack, should be enough that I ... don't slip up much? I hope? If they ask me? I mean, I didn't get to talk to them much and I can talk about my
<Torokasi> work as a guard captain over there fine without messing things up, but..."
<Torokasi> Solmyr nods. "Sure, I think we can cover that. Lilian met with Ary, myself, and you in the Temple Circle and then Baelfang showed up...  I think that matches things up?"
<Torokasi> "Alright. Solmyr and I can go give that report after we're done here, then. ...Is there anything else we need to talk about, Crow?" Lilian asks, glancing at Crow with a hand on her shoulder.
<AutumnCrow> "...at this point I have enough to talk to my mother about that it's getting time to head back to the temple soon. But I didn't want to go back before reaching M2." Crow is quiet for a moment, then looks to Janda, "Janda, can you figure out what else would be needed for our group to reach M2? Otherwise I think our next step is to collect what we can for this last mission, get the warning out
<AutumnCrow> about the alchemist, check in with miss Kyrio to see if there's anything for us to follow up on with her lizard problems yet, and then...see about organizing a guild trip back to Uhlemi."
<Torokasi> "Sure, I can do that. ...They don't really fast-track groups, usually, but finding a massive ancient ruin and time fragments may be enough of an argument." Janda nods. "I can do that while Solmyr and Lilian report in."
<Torokasi> "...It'd be weird to leapfrog Isabella's group, but they seem content to focus on Isabella's alchemy for the most part." Solmyr comments. "I don't think any of them would have issues with it, either."
<AutumnCrow> "We also carried ourselves rather well in the cataclysm for what that's worth," Crow nods, "...alright, anyone else have anything to note?"
<Torokasi> "Not offhand." Lilian shakes her head.
<Torokasi> The rest of the group indicates completion, Ary draining the last of his tea and setting the cup down. "It always tastes weird when it's soaked too long. Bleah. Uh, I'm going to swing by the temple, if that's alright. We clear for the rest of the day, or should we meet up this evening?"
<AutumnCrow> "No, we're clear. I'm off to go give the full debrief and report to the Temple of the Weeping Lady, myself."
<Torokasi> "Alright." Ary nods as the group heads off...
<Torokasi> Crow walks over to the Temple through the festival preparations, banners and cheerful colors flying everywhere - even in the Temple of the Weeping Lady, the predominately blue and white marble temple overlayed with festive purples, yellows and pinks. Eventually, she finds her way to Shawdine, who smiles briefly at Crow before listening to the report. <More>
<Torokasi> As Crow finishes, Shawdine fishes out a coin purse. "This has seventy of the gold in it. On the one hand, you were an immense help in catching the thief and quelling the spirits, and from both your account last night and today, I don't think most the bones were at all recoverable after what Bulchir did. So my request is this, and I hope it's uncomplicated;
<Torokasi> if you can figure out where Bulchir was residing while working at that shop, or your group figures it out, I'll chip in the remaining thirty and call that just compensation for the loss of the bones. Acceptable?"
<AutumnCrow> "I..." Crow takes the pouch and shakes her head, "I'm sorry, but those kind of investigations aren't our specialty. If we do stumble across him, we will absolutely capture him, but we don't really have the kind of skillset to track down where he was living from that shop. You should use that remaining thirty to hire someone who has those skills...I can even give you some back if you don't
<AutumnCrow> think thirty will be sufficient to cover that cost, we did not manage to capture the actual culprit or reclaim the bones, after all."
<Torokasi> Shawdine shakes her head as well. "I explicitly asked you to catch the thief, which was done with no harm to his sorry head. I thank you, too, for being honest about your group's capabilities. A different offer, then - should I hear of hostile spirits, I will contact Manifold first. Acceptable?"
<AutumnCrow> "Hostile spirits we can certainly deal with," Crow nods, "As well as actively hostile just about anything else. Our team is extremely combat focused, and self sustaining at that thanks to Janda and Marion."
<AutumnCrow> "Also, I am heading back to the guild, if you want me to post something for you in the redoubt looking for an investigative group I can do so."
<Torokasi> "Hmhm." Shawdine chuckles. "Janda is quite the capable one. Very well. Thank you very much for your efforts. Forgive me, too, for hoping I have no need to contact you about ghosts any time soon."
AutumnCrow chuckles and waves off the concern, "of course, I'd rather not fight any more of them either."
<Torokasi> Shawdine nods at Crow. "I'll look into the fees and other factors first, then head over and post it this evening. Have a blessed day, Autumn Crow."
<AutumnCrow> "Thank you, and I hope you find the people you need," Crow nods and heads off to give Janda the coin to hold onto.
<Torokasi> The group eventually reconvenes back in the public space of Duessa's Redoubt, relatively packed at this point in the evening both on the first and second floors, but the group still finding adequate seating along the edge. Lilian is the last to sit down, shaking her head. "Well, there's a ton of jobs... and a ton of people at the board, so I just asked the
<Torokasi> bartender to bring us copies of the requests when he gets the chance. Duessa's apparently pulling a private gig somewhere else in town."
<AutumnCrow> "Likely helping someone set up for the festival," Crow nods, "tomorrow strikes me as a day there will be a lot of drinking going on."
<Torokasi> "Entirely too much." Janda grouses. "I will take any job that keeps us away from the festival areas."
<Torokasi> "I'll take any job that takes us -to- the festivals, meanwhile." Solmyr grins.
<AutumnCrow> "I suppose we can split up...or we can sit it out and just enjoy or dodge the festival individually as we please, it's not like we're hurting for coin," Crow laughs at the both of them.
<Torokasi> Lilian chuckles. "That's fair. I'm kinda hoping for something interesting, but beyond that I'm willing to try and enjoy the festival, be it taking part in or avoiding it."
<Torokasi> The bartender eventually comes up with... something of a large stack of papers. "This is the M1 copies. If you could return anything you don't want to look into when you're done, that'd be great." With that he practically vanishes into the crowd, leaving a stack of papers almost up to Janda's nose in front of her.
<Torokasi> "...So, uh, do we have any way to eliminate jobs we don't think sound good?" Ary asks. "Just go for stuff we're interested in, stuff that pays well...?"
<AutumnCrow> "Just things we're interested in," Crow nods, "and since Solmyr and Janda have the strongest opinions, we can split the stack in half and let them handle the sorting while we give input," she smiles sweetly at the two of them.
<Torokasi> Solmyr and Janda glare at each other, and Crow is relatively confident she can hear shoes scuffling under the table, but the stack gets divvied up between the two as they leaf through jobs... OOC: Rolling some numbers.
<Torokasi> Solmyr's pace seems to be a lot faster than Janda's once he actually gets down to looking through the jobs, a sizable number of papers landing face down in front of Ary quickly before Solmyr pauses. "Hm. These two seem okay, though they wouldn't require all of us. ...Hell, Lilian and I could probably do this gig alone and make some decent money - they're
<Torokasi> asking for illusions and flashy effects for a play and offering a decent amount of gold, and this one is asking for people skilled in performance or other advertising methods to perform for a bit in exchange for some potions. Could be worth it, could be a total wash - I don't recognize the name of the alchemist, though that means nothing."
<Torokasi> "What's 'a decent amount of gold'?" Lilian asks skeptically.
<Torokasi> "...15 per person if it's up to par." Solmyr replies after a moment. "Rated based on quality so... probably requires people to buy the illusions?"
<AutumnCrow> "Janda and I can perform, but I'd rather not perform as advertisement for something," Crow notes flatly.
<Torokasi> Janda nods slightly. "Ditto."
<Torokasi> Solmyr nods slightly and flips the second piece of paper over to Ary's pile, still looking through his list. "A lot of this, for reference, is bodyguard, janitorial, or low-price festival work on a few different fronts. Might've been good if we needed the money but we don't."
<Torokasi> "Bodyguard?" Ary asks, curiously.
<Torokasi> "'Make sure no one beats us up when we get drunk and start groping crotches, signed a rich person.'" Solmyr replies sardonically. "Forgive me if I estimate none of us would be up for that."
<AutumnCrow> "You estimate correctly," Crow again replies flatly.
<AutumnCrow> "...I also will have no intention of sparing any such person who should make unwanted advances on any member of this group," Crow adds, "no matter how rich they are, nor who thier bodyguards are. I plan to wear my guild pin openly during this event."
<Torokasi> Janda's pace is much slower as she reads through the documents meticulously, though her face practically stays in a permanent scowl through the entire thing. Solmyr gets to near the end of his pile before stopping again. "It's not a paying job, but... well, it's the second evening only, which is sort of the big night, but that's probably why they're asking
<Torokasi> for this... I don't know where it's at, though. Just says to ask Duessa for more information..."
<AutumnCrow> "...if it's not a paying job, what are they offering?"
<Torokasi> With that said, he shrugs and slides it over for Crow to read: "Performers wanted to help calm Children and those Frightened by the Thunder Drums on night 2 of the Festival of Storms. Please talk to Duessa if interested. No financial payment available."
AutumnCrow looks it over, then slides it to Janda, "if you want to take this one, you're certainly free to."
<Torokasi> Janda reads it briefly, her eyes widening. "I think I will. You're welcome to come along, of course, but I think I definitely will."
<Torokasi> After a moment, Janda pulls out another one. "Temple of Magdanae wants added security during the festival. Possibly low-paying, they don't specify because of course they don't, but it could be an inroad for work with them. And this one...... wait, 'only nubile men need apply', never mind, only Solmyr would want this."
<Torokasi> "... wait, this one's from Redola." Janda pauses near the end of her stack. "Wanted: Anyone with experience in active dreaming or dreamwalking for testing. Willing to pay up to 100 gold for successful completion of tests."
<AutumnCrow> "That may stretch the definition of nubile some degrees," Crow deadpans, then continues, "but about the work for the temple of magdanae..." crow then goes quiet and just shakes her head motioning that last one off, "we can at least ask what they're offering and what times and places they'll need the security."
<Torokasi> Janda blushes a bit and buries the paper with Redola's job on it, catching her error as she looks back to the one for the Temple of Magdanae. "Says to contact Sister Lenneth the morning of the first day. Might as well?"
<AutumnCrow> "That should be fine. We don't have to take the job if we don't want, and if you two want to try the illusions and entertainment job," she looks to Solmyr and Lilian, "feel free."
<Torokasi> "Alright. Seems like a slow few days, but that should be a good thing." Lilian smiles.
<Torokasi> -------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Taishyr

  • Vamiro
  • *****
  • Posts: 401
Re: Rank 2, Mission 2: "Laughter and Tears over Tia Marias"
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 02:40:28 pm »
[2016-09-15 18:18:32] <Torokasi> Crow, Solmyr, and Lilian head to the Temple of Magdanae bright and early in the morning, the fireworks already popping and coloring the drab sky. The inside of the Temple of Magdanae is an immense light show - lightning arcing from the rooftops down onto purple and white orbs lining the halls, and illusionary light shows dancing across the walls. The priest
[2016-09-15 18:18:32] <Torokasi> just inside directs the three toward the altar,  where a striking woman is talking with priests, armed with a sword, a lance, and a bow, all engraved with lightning bolts. As the three approach, one of the priests turns and hustles off, and the woman glances behind her. "Here for the job posting, I take it."
[2016-09-15 18:20:12] AutumnCrow is wearing her guild pin openly, so she smiles at the assumption, "At least to find out what all it entails, yes. I'm Autumn Crow, from team Manifold. Are you Sister Lenneth?"
[2016-09-15 18:24:40] <Torokasi> "That I am." Lenneth turns to the group, looking them over briefly. "Honestly, you're probably overqualified, but if this is what you want to do, so be it. Your group, or whomever wants to from it, would be monitoring one of the entrances to a storehouse. Normally we'd handle it but our hands are full with this festival. It'd be eight hours to a shift,
[2016-09-15 18:24:40] <Torokasi> starting around noon. Don't need to go in, just direct people away and... I don't know. Practice, play cards, whatever amuses you. It won't be within line of sight of any of the shows, for what it's worth. Otherwise we'd just give you free attendance to those as payment."
[2016-09-15 18:29:07] <AutumnCrow> "Ah." Crow shrugs, "well, I'll pass that along to the others to see if anyone wants to take a shift, Ary might if Rei doesn't already have him doing things today." Hearing that it was basic door guard work made her interest wane rather obviously, "the add didn't have too much information about what exactly 'additional security' entailed, so I thought I'd come ask at least."
[2016-09-15 18:31:36] <Torokasi> "Understood." Lenneth nods, looking the three over. "... Autumn Crow, of Manifold. If something more interesting comes along I'll have someone find you."
[2016-09-15 18:35:08] <Torokasi> "...Actually. If you're willing to do something a bit more complicated, we have a few deliveries we need to make, and we need to make sure they're not... taken." Lenneth comments after a moment, frowning. "Anyone from the temple would probably be recognized, but you three would probably not be. We can split the items up into bags to make them easier to
[2016-09-15 18:35:08] <Torokasi> carry... Any interest?"
[2016-09-15 18:36:43] <AutumnCrow> "Hmm. I still don't know the city too well, but..." she looks over to Lilian, "if you do, and if it's light enough for say the two of us and Para to handle it? I was mostly just planning on wandering about the city today anyway."
[2016-09-15 18:41:02] <Torokasi> "Pretty sure I can get us anywhere we need to go in town, barring obscure locations or specific people's houses." Lilian grins.
[2016-09-15 18:44:21] <Torokasi> Lenneth nods slightly at this. "The first delivery would be to a man in the Southeastern District, specifically at the intersection of Ekhans and Koufing - Mr. P's  Pleasantries. Jerid, go split the load into three bags. If you want to go get this Para and come back here, we should be ready by then."
[2016-09-15 18:46:49] AutumnCrow turns to Solmyr, "I figured you'd have things you'd rather do than run deliveries, for the festival. So...could you send Para this way and then...well, do whatever it is you want I suppose."
[2016-09-15 18:51:14] <Torokasi> Solmyr grins. "You've got me figured out, I suppose. Will do." With that he trots off at a quick pace toward the Temple. Lenneth watches him go for a moment before looking back to Crow. "Not fond of the festivities, or generally prefer to be productive?"
[2016-09-15 18:53:25] <AutumnCrow> "To be quite blunt, I'm hoping to fast track the group to M2 as fast as possible," Crow grins shamelessly, "so I'm hoping that working during a festival will look good. Also yes I do generally prefer to be productive."
[2016-09-15 18:58:32] <Torokasi> Lenneth laughs, an almost chime-like quality to it.  "I remember my days in the Guild well. A good motivation, that. Should the request go well, I'll make sure to put a good word in."
[2016-09-15 19:02:21] <AutumnCrow> "That would be appriciated. We've actually already done work for three other temples, and Ary is a member of the Silver Guard, so we're also sort of...I suppose working our way around the temple circle to have done at least something with everyone."
[2016-09-15 19:05:25] <Torokasi> Lenneth nods to this. "My superiors rarely approve high payouts unless you're a member of the Temple, but they don't hesitate to show favor to outsiders regardless. Father Odin in particular is willing to heap praise on any for a job well done."
[2016-09-15 19:10:25] <Torokasi> After a few minutes longer, Para jogs in, approaching the group. "...Something for us to do?" His voice is barely audible over the ambient sound of the illusions.
[2016-09-15 19:11:51] <AutumnCrow> "Delivery work," Crow answers plainly, "it'll keep us moving at least and probably take up most of the day."
[2016-09-15 19:12:20] <Torokasi> "Excellent." Para grins.
[2016-09-15 19:13:33] <Torokasi> Lenneth looks the three over before nodding slightly,  the priest from earlier returning with three heavy-looking bags. "These are popular targets for muggers, which is why we're entrusting this to you three. Take care and don't mention who you're doing this work for. Everyone keeps an ear out for these."
[2016-09-15 19:20:30] <AutumnCrow> "Anyone attempting to rob me will promptly have the worst day of thier life, I assure you." Crow smirks, then eyes the bags, "though I do have to ask, you've peaked my curiosity enough, what exactly are we transporting?"
[2016-09-15 19:28:58] <Torokasi> "Fireworks. Custom-made." Lenneth replies. "Pre-designed for the effects we want, which makes them rather expensive... and some of them are rather explosive, especially in the wrong hands."
[2016-09-15 19:33:41] <AutumnCrow> "Which is the absolute last thing this city needs right now, is some lunatic setting fires." Crow nods, then looks at her people, "Lilian, you're on pathfinding in the city, Para you're on lookout, treat this like we're in the mist, full alertness." Looking back at Lenneth, she smiles, "we'll be on our way as soon as we have addresses then, and you can write this up as an official job
[2016-09-15 19:33:41] <AutumnCrow> retroactively while we're out I suppose?"
[2016-09-15 19:41:31] <Torokasi> "Will do. The address is Mister P's Pleasantries on Ekhans and Koufing - it's near the market square that's just off Colbran Circle. You know that area, Lilian?"
[2016-09-15 19:41:55] <Torokasi> Lilian nods. "I've been to that market square a few times, yes. No problem."
[2016-09-15 19:46:16] <AutumnCrow> "You said a few deliveries, are there multiple stops or just multiple deliveries to this one place?"
[2016-09-15 19:47:09] <Torokasi> "Once you return we'll have the delivery ready for the next location. Right now they're still putting it together." Lenneth shakes her head slightly. "Any other questions?"
[2016-09-15 19:51:40] <AutumnCrow> "There is the matter of payment, but I'm not really in the mood to haggle right now so I'll just trust it will be a fair compensation with consideration if we do happen to get attacked," Crow shrugs, "Lilian, lead the way."
[2016-09-15 19:55:02] <Torokasi> Lilian nods and leads the group out of the temple, commenting as the group turns to the southeast, "Honestly, we've been well paid by most standards up until now. Even if this one's low it won't be too bad, and it seems like Lenneth'll vouch for us, at least."
[2016-09-15 19:57:11] <AutumnCrow> "Honestly if they want to pay us in things like some holy water or a couple alchemical tricks for you or Solmyr to employ instead of coin, that's fine by me. I'll let you handle any negotiating for pay, I'm still...well, not quite used to what value money actually has." Crow shrugs.
[2016-09-15 20:00:07] <Torokasi> "Gotcha. I'll see what they can offer, then, when we get back." Lilian nods slightly. OOC: Moment, rolling dice.
[2016-09-15 20:13:04] <Torokasi> The trio makes their way into the southeast part of the city, attempting to carry the bags casually through the crowds of milling people. Lilian looks around after a moment, "Should just be two blocks further south, I think."
[2016-09-15 20:13:18] <Torokasi> Para nods slightly. "Good. We're being followed."
[2016-09-15 20:14:54] <AutumnCrow> "Of course we are. How many?"
[2016-09-15 20:15:41] <Torokasi> "Six. They move poorly. Didn't read us right." Para says. "Janda could punch them out."
[2016-09-15 20:20:47] <Torokasi> "...Let's get the fireworks in before handling them, if we can?" Lilian suggests. "We really aren't that far away."
[2016-09-15 20:22:16] <AutumnCrow> "That's fine. Para, if they rush us take my bag so I have both hands free to fight. If they're common thugs I can handle six alone, you focus on keeping the prize out of thier hands."
[2016-09-15 20:28:38] <Torokasi> "Got it." Para nods slightly as Crow spots the signage of Mr. P's Pleasantries on a building closing in in the distance... before Para comments, "...I just lost track of one. I don't think they're approaching, but... be careful. I'll be ready to get your bag."
[2016-09-15 20:31:56] AutumnCrow sighs, "Of course. Let's just pick up the pace to see if we can surprise them, hmm?"
[2016-09-15 20:34:43] <Torokasi> Lilian nods quietly as the three quickly pick up speed toward the store, making it in a relatively short amount of time... to see that the door is locked and the sign indicates the store is closed. "This is suboptimal." Lilian comments bitterly, before knocking on the door.
[2016-09-15 20:36:55] AutumnCrow hands Para the bag and slips her scarf out with a moderately annoyed expression.
[2016-09-15 20:38:18] <Torokasi> Para takes the bag and turns so his back is to the wall. Crow can spot at least two of the likely followers instantly - cocky youth, one flourishing a dagger and one with a metal chain in his hands, tugging at it impatiently. The crowd seems to be giving this area a wide berth, multiple sets of eyes watching with relatively little emotion.
[2016-09-15 20:40:33] AutumnCrow steps out just slightly ahead of the others, so they can keep themselves between the protection offered by Crow and the wall of the shop. Then...she outright smiles at the man with a dagger...the smile is not a pleasant one, it is a smile that promises a horrible experience should he think about doing anything stupid.
[2016-09-15 20:42:09] <Torokasi> "Looks like this li'l game of cat and mouse is up, eh?" The man with the dagger smiles first, lazily switching the dagger between hands. "You guildies don't really respect the rules anywhere else in this town. Guess we've gotta teach 'em to you all again."
[2016-09-15 20:43:51] <AutumnCrow> "Oh dear, and what rules would those be? I'll even humor you by pretending to care." Crow's smile turns frankly mocking.
[2016-09-15 20:45:47] <Torokasi> "For one, that you pay proper respect to the people that own th' road, dearie." The man with the chain giggles. "Your people don' get to just come in whenever, specially on our holy days. It's awfully rude."
[2016-09-15 20:46:51] <Torokasi> "Respect in this case means a fee, of course. We'd settle for those lovely packages you've got for Mr. Panoly, mind." The knife-wielding cretin follows up.
[2016-09-15 20:48:25] <AutumnCrow> "Own the road? Really? Perhaps you should post signs, this road belongs to...whatever group of gutter trash you pretend is organized enough to 'own' something, i suppose." Crow's smile hardenes, "and is that what respect means here? Where I'm from, respect is earned, so sure, you can have your respect if you prove to me you deserve it." (more)
[2016-09-15 20:50:04] AutumnCrow snaps into a fighting stance, loudly declaring, "I am Autumn Crow, daughter of Autumn Dragon and warrior of the Autumn Temple!" with style and flare, she spins into a quick series of kicks and whip strikes with her scarf leaving no doubt as to the force behind those blows, "tell me, so called owners of the road, who are you to demand respect from me?"
[2016-09-15 20:50:25] <AutumnCrow> OOC: she'll take 10 for a 23 on a perform check to look impressive while doing that.
[2016-09-15 20:54:08] <Torokasi> The two thugs freeze for a moment, before the knife wielding thug shouts, "Damnit, drop them already!" Suddenly, a loud sound is heard overhead...! OOC: Ref check for yourself and Para.
[2016-09-15 20:55:13] <AutumnCrow> OOC: Crow gets a 25, para gets a 22.
[2016-09-15 20:58:24] <Torokasi> At the sound, all three Manifold members smoothly jump away from the area in front of the store! Mere moments later, a wave of foul-smelling liquid crashes down where the three were originally standing, practically evaporating as it hits the ground on contact! The knifeman's face contorts as Crow's jump lands her a bit closer, as the two turn...! OOC: You
[2016-09-15 20:58:24] <Torokasi> have the scarf out, you could try to AoO one as they turn and run if you want.
[2016-09-15 20:59:04] <AutumnCrow> OOC: I will do so, and I will charge a second one afterwards to show them I mean business
[2016-09-15 20:59:55] <Torokasi> OOC: Go ahead.
[2016-09-15 21:00:13] AutumnCrow snaps out her scarf at the knife wielding spokesman, a heavy whip slash aimed at his legs as he tries to run! (OOC: rolled a 12 for a 21 total attack. 10 damage)
[2016-09-15 21:00:29] <AutumnCrow> OOC: also this is NOT nonlethal. She is trying to break bones here.
[2016-09-15 21:01:23] <Torokasi> The scarf tangles around his legs, tripping him and slamming him into the ground with ease, knocking him unconscious with a sharp crack as the other one begins to run...! OOC: Charge if desired~
[2016-09-15 21:02:52] AutumnCrow snaps forward dashing after the chain user, closing this time not with her scarf but with a summer style flying kick to push the whole of her weight into his back and force him to the ground as well! (OOC: rolled a 7 for a 17 to hit. 8 damage)
[2016-09-15 21:03:22] <AutumnCrow> OOC: This one IS nonlethal
[2016-09-15 21:07:48] <Torokasi> Crow's foot lands square in the small of the chain-wielder's back, slamming them forward! He still seems to be able to act... but is stumbling about, staggering from the force of the blow. OOC: He's staggered and not really going to fight back, other guy is probably in need of healing to stabilize him.
[2016-09-15 21:10:21] <AutumnCrow> "Lilian can you make sure that idiot back there won't die before the guard gets here? Should we even try to summon the guard, or just leave them in the road for thier fellow scavangers to pick clean?" Crow calls back to the others as she firmly plants a foot on the small of the b ack of the man she just knocked down, keeping him pinned with minimal effort.
[2016-09-15 21:12:58] <Torokasi> "The guards will yell at them, then let them go. Not worth causing the hassle. I'm more concerned about that liquid they tried to drench us in..." Lilian mutters as she taps the knife-user with a bit of force, a spark of green energy flying into him. "Since if it came from the top of his building..."
[2016-09-15 21:16:29] <AutumnCrow> "Interesting," prodding the chain user with her foot, she asks, "what's on the roof?"
[2016-09-15 21:22:27] <Torokasi> "We knew... Mr. Panoly was gettin' a shipment. We set a vat of shrink oil up there..." The man mutters, face in the road.
[2016-09-15 21:25:45] <AutumnCrow> "Shrink oil? hilarious. Well, get up and go sit down with your freind over there. It's now your job to make sure he doesn't die, if you care to. Once he opens the door so we can deliver it, I'll let him decide whether you get to walk away or not. Attempt to walk away before that and I'll kick you again, same force and this time about...." she moves her foot down to around where his crotch
[2016-09-15 21:25:46] <AutumnCrow> is, "a foot and a half lower."
[2016-09-15 21:28:27] → Dracos joined (~Dracos@c-73-170-187-100.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
[2016-09-15 21:30:02] <Torokasi> The man staggers to his feet and stumbles next to the knife user before sitting down with a heavy thud. Lilian tries knocking on the door again, before looking to the chain user. "Did you hurt anyone in getting to the roof?"
[2016-09-15 21:30:35] <Torokasi> "Nah... just gave a kid some copper to look the other way and prop th' door." The man mutters in reply, rubbing his back.
[2016-09-15 21:35:44] <AutumnCrow> "Hmm. I'm going to go around and see if there's other doors to knock on, you two keep an eye on the idiots here." Crow heads around the shop as best she can, looking for other doors to knock on!
[2016-09-15 21:37:07] <Torokasi> "Got it." Lilian nods as Crow looks around...

Offline Taishyr

  • Vamiro
  • *****
  • Posts: 401
Re: Rank 2, Mission 2: "Laughter and Tears over Tia Marias"
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2017, 02:54:59 pm »
[16:00] <Torokasi> --------------------------------
[16:03] <Torokasi> Para catches Crow's attention and whispers as she looks around, "I think the other four fled that I saw."
[16:04] <AutumnCrow> "Oh I'm sure they did," Crow shrugs casually, seeming completely unconcerned by the gang of thugs. She was rather convinced from that poor performance that she could take the entire gang, including whatever reinforcements they might come back with, without even needing Lilian or Para to do more than guard the cargo.
[16:08] <Torokasi> "... I don't think he knows what the oils were. It can't have been just shrink oil." Para continues as Crow looks around, eventually spotting a doorway barely propped open by a rock that seems to lead to a stairwell.
[16:09] * AutumnCrow nods to Para as she knocks loudly on the door, pushing it open a bit and calling in, "Hello? Is anyone home?"
[16:13] <Torokasi> The interior is dimly lit, lights over doors leading up eventually to what is presumably roof access. To the right of the stairwell, Crow can see another door propped open, with a sign reading "Mr. P's Pleasantries - Deliveries Only" hanging next to it, slightly askew.
[16:14] * AutumnCrow steps in and knocks on THAT door, again loudly, and repeats her greeting.
[16:16] <Torokasi> The door swings open to a packed storage room, boxes meticulously labeled, and a chair with a man on it, tied to it and seemingly dazed. He blinks blearily at Crow as she repeats her greeting, muttering, "Shwa, we'- we're noopen... ugh my head..."
[16:26] <AutumnCrow> "....are you tied to a chair?" Crow blinks, "those damn thugs, hold a moment." Walking in, she pulls her fan and cuts him loose from the chair with the blade if she can(presuming rope and not chain), "would you be Mr. P of Mr. P's Pleasantries? I have a delivery from the Temple of Magdanae, and a couple thugs on the ground outside that unwisely tried to prevent said delivery. ...also a templar if you're injured."
[16:29] <Torokasi> "Deliveries need to si... wait, Magdanae? ...wait, is this the fesssval day???" The man that is presumably Mr. P tries to stand, Crow's fan cutting the thin rope with ease... before his body trembles and he flops back onto the chair. "Wherer my employee. Th'should be here. Oh, my damn head."
[16:32] <AutumnCrow> "The thug outside said something about bribing a kid here to prop the door open...though he also said they didn't hurt anyone. Were you attacked...or were you tied to that chair for some other reason?" Crow asks, while keeping her voice even and low to not hurt his head further, "and yes, it's the festival day. Why don't I help you outside where my templar companion can try to heal you a bit..." she looks at his head to see if there's any blood or sign of injury while offering him an arm.
[16:38] <Torokasi> "No need. Para tied their wrists and left them propped against the wall, so we followed you in." Lilian steps in at this point. "Para's watching the stairwell- oh dear, what's this?" Putting the three bags on a nearby box, Lilian moves over to Mr. P. "....He looks okay, physically. This isn't good, though. If they're opting to target delivery locations
[16:38] <Torokasi> instead of deliveries..."
[16:44] <AutumnCrow> "That would be bad, yes. We need to finish the delivery, and get this information back to Sister Lenneth."
[16:45] <Torokasi> "Agreed." Lilian comments as Mr. P's eyes seem to slowly come more into focus. "Sir, we've got the deliveries for the festival here for you. Are you going to be okay?"
[16:47] <Torokasi> Mr. P seems to glance between the two, his white mustache quivering a bit. "Ugh. Y... yes. I'll figure out... I'll get my daughter to go find my other employees. Ugh. Store hasn't been opened. What happened. I'll figure this out. Ow."
[16:49] <Torokasi> "...What's the last thing you remember?" Lilian asks after a moment.
[16:50] <Torokasi> "...A few lads came in looking for some items. They offered me a drink as well as payment, which isn't unusual, but..." Mr. P replies after a moment. "Last thing I remember is putting the money in the drawer and finding myself rather tired..."
[16:56] <AutumnCrow> "Do you remember what day that was?"
[16:59] <Torokasi> "Day before today, late evening, I was gonna close up..." He mutters slightly, mustache bristling.
[17:00] <AutumnCrow> "I'm guessing whatever they gave you to drink did this. And they paid off one of your employees to leave a door open so they could set up an ambush on the roof for the delivery of the fireworks."
[17:15] <Torokasi> "...That's possible. Damn. Sorry for the trouble, then. Go warn the Temple." Mr. P stands, moving the chair in front of him. "I'll... figure this all out. I'm concerned about why my employees aren't in yet, but I'll make sure I let you all know."
[17:17] <Torokasi> "Right. Crow, shall we be off?" Lilian asks. "The packages are on that box. We're going to close the door behind us, so please lock it."
[17:18] <AutumnCrow> "I'm a bit concerned that they may try to come back, but we can't really wait around here all day either...be careful today, Mr. P." Crow nods her farewell to the man and leads the way out.
[17:20] <Torokasi> "I will, believe me. Ooof." Mr. P grunts. "I've got people I can ask to help. This isn't as bad as the time the Temple of the Weeping Lady tried to close the store, believe me."
[17:20] <Torokasi> "I'm sure. Well, we're off." Lilian smiles as she follows Crow out, closing the door behind her.
[17:21] <Torokasi> Para, standing in the doorway outside, nods to the two. "They haven't moved. No one on the stairs. Do we go up?"
[17:22] <AutumnCrow> "Yes, we do."
[17:22] * AutumnCrow takes point and heads up to the roof to see if anyone's still there~
[17:25] <Torokasi> Para follows with Lilian in the rear...! The roof is relatively bare, surprising considering the usual agriculture use of the shared space. The cauldron the... liquid was in is still there, but no one is visible. The only notable thing are the other exits off the roof - none of which show any obvious sign of use.
[17:26] <AutumnCrow> "Lilian, detect for magic please." Crow carefully wanders over to see if anyone's hiding in the cauldron while she does that.
[17:28] <Torokasi> Lilian scans around as Crow approaches the cauldron. After a bit, Lilian calls over, "Only on the cauldron - and trace amounts at that - and the usual amounts for the city otherwise." The cauldron still has some of the liquid in it, though not much - perhaps enough for a cup of it, if that.
[17:31] * AutumnCrow looks around to see if they could have jumped to another rooftop or off the side somewhere.
[17:38] <Torokasi> Most other rooftops are too far, though one to the north is possibly jumpable... if they were Crow and not the thugs Crow handled. As for ways off, there seem to be a few ladders and other ways down that the thugs could have used, especially on the south and east sides where Crow and company wouldn't have seen them.
[17:40] <AutumnCrow> "Well, they've certainly gotten away by now. I just hope they don't come back and try to mug him outright for the bags."
[17:45] <Torokasi> "We have to trust that Mr. P can throw enough sex toys at them to handle any threat they might pose." Lilian comments wryly. "Let's go inform the Temple of this."
[17:45] <AutumnCrow> "...enough what." Crow blinks.
[17:46] <Torokasi> "...you didn't notice?" Lilian blinks. "...Crow. It's, uh. A store for... well, sex toys and other things."
[17:47] <AutumnCrow> "...I...see. How do 'toys' of some sort even come into..." shaking her head, she was rather glad for her level of discipline that she could conciously choose not to blush, "this isn't the time for that. I had...just assumed he was an alchemist. Ah, yes, lets get back to the temple."
[17:49] <Torokasi> Lilian and Para both stare, Lilian straightfaced and Para entirely failing to suppress a grin, as Crow leads them out of the building. From that point, Lilian takes the lead in guiding the group back to Magdanae's temple... OOC: Moment, rolling a few things
[17:53] <Torokasi> The trip back to the Temple is without incident, but Lenneth is standing at the entrance. "I had one group of priests go do a nearby delivery. You're back first. This is a bad situation, I take it?"
[17:54] <AutumnCrow> "Mr P's Pleasantries had already been compromised," Crow reports, "a group followed us and had already set up an ambush at his store. Drugged him the night before and had an ambush ready on the roof. We avoided it and made the delivery, though I'm a bit concerned that the thugs who escaped might come back for him for a more direct mugging this time, but he said he could handle it."
[18:03] <Torokasi> "Strange. He should be competent enough with knowing how to counter sleep drugs..." Lenneth mutters. "Okay. I'm going to go check on my priests. I have the next three bags here... Your new delivery spot is in the rich district, which should be safe. Emphasis on should. The residence of one of our richer believers... Please explain that we're sending you
[18:03] <Torokasi> there due to safety concerns and that I'll be by to see her shortly. She should understand. She lives on the southwest corner of the Riechter Gardens, which are near the eastern edge of Verxais. Are you familiar with them, Lilian?"
[18:03] <Torokasi> Lilian nods slightly. "Yes, ma'am. Which house?"
[18:06] <Torokasi> "The family name is Skyrunner. She or her servants should be expecting someone." Lenneth explains. "Arngrim, go monitor Mr. P's store for us. He's been attacked and could use the protection and support." A frankly gigantic man behind Lenneth nods and quietly walks off, as Lenneth's attention returns to Crow and Lilian. "I need to go check on my men. Please
[18:06] <Torokasi> take care."
[18:07] <AutumnCrow> "The thugs scattered like twigs in a wind when I struck out at them, but they did have a cauldron of what they claimed to be
[18:07] <AutumnCrow> 'shrink oil' set up on the roof," Crow warns her before they head off.
[18:09] <Torokasi> "...shrink oil? Good grief, we have dedicated mischief makers this year. Thank you for the warning." Lenneth replies as she and Manifold part ways. OOC: Need to make more rolls, moment
[18:17] <Torokasi> The trip into the rich district goes fine, even with a higher than normal percentage of drunkards wandering around celebrating. Eventually, Lilian stops at an intersection to let a carriage go through, looking back to Para. "Are we being followed?"
[18:18] <Torokasi> "...Yes. One person. They're really good, though.... I don't recognize them." Para comments.
[18:18] <Torokasi> "...I've got a weird feeling about this. Not bad, but... Let's get this delivery done." Lilian shakes her head.
[18:19] <AutumnCrow> "Let's casually pick up the pace, hmm?"
[18:20] <Torokasi> "Definitely." The group sets off quickly from the intersection... OOC: Roll sense motive.
[18:21] <AutumnCrow> OOC: 17
[18:31] <Torokasi> Crow doesn't sense anything unusual even as the group moves on, eventually reaching the house of the Skyrunners, a large stone building with copper ridges on top. A young man in a very formal outfit glances up as they approach... and he's sitting on someone dressed similarly to the thugs that approached Mr. P's, if somewhat more refined. "Oh, hi! You must be
[18:31] <Torokasi> our fireworks delivery? I'm Castel, one of Lady Skyrunner's butlers. I... was expecting actual temple priests, but I suppose that I'm sitting on a reason why they didn't come, haha?"
[18:33] <AutumnCrow> "Yes, we were sent for security reasons," Crow taps her guild pin, "and because we'd rather do this than the guard duty they were recruiting for," she adds with a smile. Looking back over her shoulder, she notes, "we were followed here, by the way. Para, did you ever manage to get a good look at our tail?"
[18:34] <Torokasi> "No." Para shakes his head. "Dunno if they're even still following."
[18:36] * AutumnCrow does a quick visual inspection of the young man to make sure that very nice formal outfit fits him perfectly like a custom tailored suit would...and not awkwardly like say something pulled off of the real butler might fit a cleaned up thug with a similar build.
[18:40] <Torokasi> Castel hums slightly, chuckling and shaking his head. "Well, if you want me to escort you in to Lady Skyrunner for the delivery, she'd be fine with that, but I'm sure you're busy enough, Kerebos members." The suit is... actually an impressive piece of work, tailored for both appearance and extreme flexibility. It looks a little too tight to even be called
[18:40] <Torokasi> form-fitting, especially on the arms where the fit looks awkward, but otherwise seems to be a good fit.
[18:44] <AutumnCrow> "Well, this is an actual job we've accepted from the temple and I'm willing to take the time to make sure it's done right. After all, at the last delivery spot we found the people trying to intercept the delivery had already broken into the location, tied the shopkeep to a chair and had an ambush that included a cauldron full of magic oil on the roof." Crow notes flately, though with a smile, "compared to the work that went into that, mugging the actual butler and putting on his suit to get the delivery turned right over to them would be a much easier con to run. I mean no offense, but I would rather put in the extra effort to make sure I don't make a fool of myself or my team by failing an accepted job by taking shortcuts."
[18:46] <AutumnCrow> OOC: I can roll diplo to try and not offend with this, if you want?
[18:47] <Torokasi> OOC: Go ahead, yeah
[18:47] <AutumnCrow> OOC: rolled a 15 for a 22 total.
[18:50] <Torokasi> Castel's face looks rather annoyed at first, but by the time Crow finishes the explanation he seems rather surprised. "That certainly sounds like an adequate reason, yes." he replies at the end, standing up  from the thug and brusquely picking him up and tossing him to the side of the entrance, where he lands with a thud. "Follow me in, if you will." With
[18:50] <Torokasi> that he opens up the door and steps in. "Abo, we have visitors here for the delivery to Lady Skyrunner! Please escort them to whichever study she's at, alright?"
[18:51] <Torokasi> As the three enter, a man lands silently in the vestibule - much taller than Castel, and built like a brick wall, with a similarly formal outfit. "... She's on the third floor. Let's go." He turns from the group and leads the way up the staircase, which gleams and sparks with each step he takes on it.
[18:51] * AutumnCrow nods and politely follows~
[18:54] <Torokasi> The three follow Abo up the stairs to the third floor, where Abo swings open a door. "Three visitors, Milady. Delivering fireworks. Kerebos Guild. Moderate risk, but friendly. Request?"
[18:55] <Torokasi> A rather average-looking woman at a desk glances up as Abo opens the door. "...I told you to stop evaluating strangers that way. We'll be fine, Abo. Welcome, Kerebos Guild. May I have your names?"
[18:57] <AutumnCrow> "I'm Autumn Crow, leader of team Manifold. With me are my teammates Lilian and Parakloro," Crow nods her head respectfully, "and it's alright, I certainly can't object to the assessment after insisting on delivering to you directly instead of handing Sister Lenneth's delivery for you to the butler."
[18:58] <AutumnCrow> "Sister Lenneth did ask us to inform you that we were sent in place of actual temple staff due to security concerns, and she would be by to see you shortly."
[19:01] <Torokasi> "The Kerebos Guild rarely does things for no reason. Abo's new in town, however." The woman smiles slightly. "Thank you for letting me know. There's always some form of security concern, I guess. Is there anything else?"
[19:04] <AutumnCrow> "Well in this case the security concern is that other delivery recipients have already been directly attacked instead of the people trying to get ahold of the fireworks just going after the deliverers themselves," Crow shrugs. "But no, there's nothing else."
[19:07] <Torokasi> "That would explain the fuss a few hours ago at the door, then. Castel told me it was just some idiot." Lady Skyrunner comments. "Thank you for the information. I apologize for my brusqueness, but I'm in the middle of a project..."
[19:08] <AutumnCrow> "Of course. We'll just hand the delivery over to Abo and Castel and be on our way then," Crow nods politely.
[19:17] <Torokasi> "Thank you." Lady Skyrunner nods primly and returns to her work as Abo steps in, one hand open.
[19:18] * AutumnCrow hands him her bag, and lets the others turn thier own bags over.
[19:21] <Torokasi> Lilian and Para hand theirs over as well as the group heads back downstairs. Castel's leaning in the doorframe. "Smells like rain. Hopefully we're your last stop." he comments as the trio approach.
[19:23] <AutumnCrow> "That would be ideal, yes," Crow shrugs, then adds, "if I may ask, were you using some manner of strength enhancing magic or technique when we first arrived?"
[19:25] <Torokasi> "Still am!" Castel grins, flexing his arms. "I need to get this outfit fixed up for it - still adjusting to having figured out the spell. Lady Skyrunner's been giving me good lessons."
[19:26] <AutumnCrow> "That would explain why your uniform looked like it had an odd fit," Crow half smirks, "and hence my, thankfully unfounded, suspicion."
[19:26] <Torokasi> "Ah, haha! That does explain it. Guess I've got an excuse to get that done even sooner, then." Castel grins. "Be careful out there!"
[19:27] <AutumnCrow> "We certainly will. Have a pleasant festival," Crow waves as they head back to the temple!
[19:27] <Torokasi> "...Actually, hold on a moment." He pauses, looking at Crow carefully. "You got a brother about... uh, maybe 20 years or so older? Dude called himself Flurry, looks like a dude version of you."
[19:29] * AutumnCrow stops dead in her tracks, "...I do have six older brothers, yes. Two who may be off travelling, and one at about the right time frame for that. He was called Wild Pigeon when he was still at the temple, but changing names for us is not a rare occurance. Can I ask where you saw him?"
[19:32] <Torokasi> "It woulda been about six years ago when we lived in Rojrulo. Dude was passing through and the Lady wanted to hire him, but he said only if we beat him in a fight. Needless to say, we lost." Castel grins. "Good to know he's got siblings around! I know where to go for a sparring partner! ...Dude kinda looked sickly, though. His eyes were yellow - like,
[19:32] <Torokasi> instead of blue or somethin'. Seemed pleasant enough otherwise."
[19:34] <AutumnCrow> "Hmm. Well, I have been hoping to run into my two wandering brothers at some point. If that was him I'm glad he's still alive at least." Crow nods, then excuses herself and gets back to finishing the job.
[19:36] <Torokasi> Lilian glances to Crow as the three head back to the Temple. "Rojrulo? He's wandered far. "
[19:38] <AutumnCrow> "Well, if that was him, he did leave quite some time ago, took off when he was just 16 actually." Crow notes with a shrug.
[19:43] <Torokasi> ----------------------------------------------------
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 03:17:52 pm by Taishyr »

Offline Taishyr

  • Vamiro
  • *****
  • Posts: 401
Re: Rank 2, Mission 2: "Laughter and Tears over Tia Marias"
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2017, 02:55:06 pm »
2016-10-06 19:14:04] <Torokasi> The group's trip to the Temple of Magdanae goes without further complications, a very faint drizzle starting as the group enters the temple. A group of priests with bruises all over is being tended by a healer, with one additional priest being chided quietly by Lenneth. As Manifold enters, Lenneth turns to the group, the priest leaves with a slight limp.
[2016-10-06 19:14:04] <Torokasi> "Welcome back." Lenneth states calmly. "Any news?"
[2016-10-06 19:16:43] <AutumnCrow> "Her butlers took care of the ones who tried to intercept thier shipment," Crow answers with a shrug, "this seems a rather well organized effort on the part of those who want to steal your fireworks."
[2016-10-06 19:32:53] <Torokasi> "That sounds accurate. My men got intercepted, and got the fireworks there but with damage taken." Lenneth nods. "We have one more package, if you are willing to take it on."
[2016-10-06 19:34:23] <AutumnCrow> "It shouldn't be a problem," Crow does not seem even slightly unnerved by the attacks, "where is this one going?"
[2016-10-06 19:40:41] <Torokasi> "This is a bit of a hike, but we can give a boon to assist. It's going to the guard station at the end of the northern bridge. I'll boost your speed in walking so it can be done much faster, if that helps."
[2016-10-06 19:43:11] <AutumnCrow> "I'm sure whatever's in place to waylay us is already there, increased speed or no," Crow shrugs, "whoever these people are they clearly know exactly where all your deliveries are going already. But getting it delivered sooner is always appriciated on the recieving end, I'm sure."
[2016-10-06 19:47:25] <Torokasi> "That, and the walk down the bridge is a long one." Lenneth notes with a grim smile, before touching Crow, Para and Lilian briefly on the head, leaving a slight glow. "I'm sure you'll be fine. We'll deal with the... issues later."
[2016-10-06 19:47:53] <AutumnCrow> "If any of the thugs seem like they actually know anything this time, do you want us to drag one back in for you?"
[2016-10-06 19:49:34] <Torokasi> "Hmmm.... no. Appreciated, but we do have one unconscious one, and I already have a hunch." Lenneth comments, taking a bag from the nearby priest and handing it to Crow. "... What's the proper blessing at this point, upon your departure? I suppose I'll go with... 'Enjoy'."
[2016-10-06 19:51:23] <AutumnCrow> "I'm sure we will, though whoever's waiting for us certainly won't." Crow deadpands, then gestures for Lilian to lead the way as usual.
[2016-10-06 19:53:33] <Torokasi> Lilian leads the way toward the bridge out of town... OOC: Notice check
[2016-10-06 19:54:26] <AutumnCrow> OOC: Crow gets a 4, Para gets a 25
[2016-10-06 19:56:09] <Torokasi> The three travel through the festivities and reach the bridge, passing through the gate and into festivities on the other side, when Para glances to Crow. "Keep a hand on the bag. A few idiots tailing us."
[2016-10-06 19:57:48] AutumnCrow nods and makes sure they're onto the bridge proper and away from other pedestrians before....just turning around to see who's following them. "I'd rather not get herded into a trap, we'll deal with this lot here and then the lot that is surely waiting for us ahead."
[2016-10-06 20:00:03] <Torokasi> It takes a bit before the crowd disperses, but Crow and company eventually do turn around. The two people following are obvious - dressed similarly to the previous thugs, both holding a small tube in their hands. The woman growls. "Shit, looks like they've cottoned on by now. We ain't getting paid enuff for this, bro."
[2016-10-06 20:00:40] <AutumnCrow> "You really aren't." Crow calls out to them with...a smile. "I'm more than capable of flinging you off the bridge if you try to attack me, and I do need the Setting Sun practice."
[2016-10-06 20:01:30] <Torokasi> The man shrugs and nods. "Yep. Nah, I don't need the flyin' lesson today. Thanks though. ... Look, you mind letting us go? We'll give you these needles, and if the chumps up ahead see them they'll put two and two together really quick."
[2016-10-06 20:04:27] <AutumnCrow> "You haven't actually attacked me yet, I have no reason to stop you from finding some other way to spend your holiday," Crow's smile stays on her face, her tone conversationally pleasant. "And you'll forgive me if I don't have any interest in accepting anything directly from you. Though feel free to set them on the ground before you leave if they happen to be something you'd rather not be
[2016-10-06 20:04:27] <AutumnCrow> caught walking around with anyway. I'll have someone pick them up."
[2016-10-06 20:08:30] <Torokasi> The man shrugs. "As you wish, chickadee. They're blowdarts w' sleepin sting on them, so not illegal except to use." With that, the man and woman put the dart tubes down and disappear back into the crowd."
[2016-10-06 20:09:34] <AutumnCrow> "Lilian, give your bag here for a moment and go make sure there's nothing magical or strange about those, then collect them."
[2016-10-06 20:12:00] <Torokasi> Lilian hands the bag over, quickly scanning them before picking them up, covering the opening with a small wad of glue-like substance from a pocket. "Rather not risk jabbing myself."
[2016-10-06 20:14:35] <AutumnCrow> "Well, just have them ready to wave at whoever tries to stop us ahead. Para if you can use something like those I guess you have some sleep darts? If not I'm sure someone in the guild will want them."
[2016-10-06 20:15:27] <Torokasi> "... I probably can." Para nods slightly. "Maybe. I can give them to bro, too."
[2016-10-06 20:17:01] <AutumnCrow> "That's fine too, I have no objection to handing things off to freinds or family of any team member if they can use them and we have no need of it," Crow nods, then hands Lilian's bag back and continues on.
[2016-10-06 20:17:57] <Torokasi> The group keeps traveling... OOC: moment
[2016-10-06 20:21:55] <Torokasi> The spell Lenneth used seems especially powerful to Crow as the group practically sings across the bridge, unimpeded by most traffic. It doesn't take long before Para gestures ahead, "...one of those four is holding a similar tube. I don't think they've noticed us fully yet. Run past?"
[2016-10-06 20:23:26] <AutumnCrow> "If they haven't noticed us, Lilian use an illusion to disguise our bags and we just casually walk past."
[2016-10-06 20:25:42] <Torokasi> Lilian nods before tapping the three bags, making them vanish in turn - though Crow can still feel the weight of her bag. "Try to walk casually. This should get us past, no problem."
[2016-10-06 20:26:42] AutumnCrow walks casually as instructed
[2016-10-06 20:30:43] <Torokasi> The trio walks casually... OOC: Moment, rolling to see if Bluff is even needed, these guys are bad.
[2016-10-06 20:32:36] <Torokasi> Two of the women look at the three curiously, but one visibly shrugs and the other turns back to the conversation as the trio move past. Lilian chuckles. "Not even worth their time, I guess..."
[2016-10-06 20:33:49] AutumnCrow shrugs and keeps walking towards the destination~
[2016-10-06 20:35:17] <Torokasi> The group eventually reaches the guardhouse without any further hassle, a guard outside that looks up as they approach. "Magdanae's delivery? They normally get stuff out her first." she comments, looking a bit put out.
[2016-10-06 20:38:27] <AutumnCrow> "Well there have been ruffians attempting to steal the deliveries with much greater orginization than usual this year," Crow stares flatly at her pout, "in fact several clerics and temple staff have actually been injured in the attacks, so it's fortunate all the deliveries even managed to make it through, much less on time."
[2016-10-06 20:40:12] <Torokasi> "...damn! Why didn't they message us? Were you all attacked?" She sputters as she stands. "Sorry 'bout the slight, ma'mlady, but I've been waiting a few hours out here."
[2016-10-06 20:42:21] <AutumnCrow> "Not on this delivery, no. The ones following us decided to go do something else with thier holiday once we made it clear we knew they were there and that we were quite prepared for an attack, and the ones they were supposed to herd us into were fooled by some timely illusions disguising the bags. I'm sure they're still there if you'd like us to point them out to you," Crow adds with a smile
[2016-10-06 20:42:22] <AutumnCrow> while turning the bags over
[2016-10-06 20:45:53] <Torokasi> "...Unless they attacked, unfortunately we can't do much 'bout loiterers. Thanks, though." The guard takes the bags gratefully, checking one of them. "Good, fire extinguishing rods."
[2016-10-06 20:48:34] <AutumnCrow> "We'll just head back and let them wait for the delivery that they must be so certain is just running incredibly late, then." Crow smirks, "enjoy your fireworks, we'll go ahead and head back to the temple now."
[2016-10-06 20:49:56] <Torokasi> "Thanks again, take care!" The guard waves as the group leaves... OOC: Anything you want to do en route back to the temple?
[2016-10-06 20:51:02] <AutumnCrow> OOC: nah. Reporting that delivery is done takes priority, then we'll go do whatever. Though crow may keep an eye out for whoever was supposed to catch them on the way back~
[2016-10-06 20:56:55] <Torokasi> The four do seem incredibly bored as the trio pass, one nodding to Manifold as they pass. After a rather brisk walk, the gate back into town comes into sight... and is closed.
[2016-10-06 20:57:48] AutumnCrow blinks, then heads over to whatever guard is there to see if they can be let in.
[2016-10-06 21:01:22] <Torokasi> There's about six guards there, frantically trying to shoosh people away from the gate, the clamor deafening this close to the door. Another man, not in a guard uniform but in some sort of nobleman's attire,  is cupping his hands and yelling, "The door will be open once we have the situation contained! Please remain calm! Everything is being handled!"
[2016-10-06 21:02:01] <Torokasi> One of the guards glances at Manifold as they approach. "Sorry, ma'am, but we can't let anyone in. A few spells clashed together and it's a mess in there at the moment."
[2016-10-06 21:03:05] <AutumnCrow> "Oh dear. One of my companions is a mage, is there anything we could do to help contain it?" Crow looks to Lilian as she offers.
[2016-10-06 21:05:39] <Torokasi> The guard shakes his head. "Sorry, but odds are poor unless you're trained in decontamination, ma'am?" Lilian shakes her head, at which the guard continues, "Right. Very sorry about this, but we'll get people in as soon as we can."
[2016-10-06 21:06:24] <AutumnCrow> "Alright then, I suppose we'll just find a place to sit down and relax until it's open," Crow shrugs and does exactly that.
[2016-10-06 21:08:41] <Torokasi> The three find a place to sit... OOC: Cutting it here since the next part will possibly be a bit

Offline Taishyr

  • Vamiro
  • *****
  • Posts: 401
Re: Rank 2, Mission 2: "Laughter and Tears over Tia Marias"
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2017, 03:03:22 pm »
2016-10-24 17:55:27] <Torokasi> -------------------------------------------
[2016-10-24 17:56:56] <Torokasi> The crowd at the gate is still noisy but beginning to regulate itself when Para's ears twitch as he turns toward the gate. "...Something's high pitched." A few other Talmen seem to notice it as well, attention turning to the gate. "...Like a tea kettle, but louder."
[2016-10-24 18:00:29] <Torokasi> Lilian frowns, glancing over. "... That doesn't sound like a good sound. I want to see what's going on, but clashes are really ugly sometimes... Damn, wish we had a better vantage point."
[2016-10-24 18:01:31] <AutumnCrow> "Hmm." Crow looks around to see if she can find a place to get a better look from.
[2016-10-24 18:04:47] <Torokasi> There doesn't seem to be an easy spot to look past the gate and the wall, but as Crow is looking... OOC: Reflex check.
[2016-10-24 18:06:24] <AutumnCrow> OOC: for just me, or everyone?
[2016-10-24 18:07:24] <Torokasi> OOC: Just you.
[2016-10-24 18:07:50] <AutumnCrow> OOC: Ref save 18
[2016-10-24 18:10:53] <Torokasi> Crow's stomach seems to drop, and trusting her instincts she flinches away... and in the spot she was just in, a loud flash of light and a soundless -bang- seem to go off, a burst of air blasting outward! Lilian's voice is shrill over the sudden crowd, "EVERYONE DOWN!"
[2016-10-24 18:12:22] <AutumnCrow> As she flattens, Crow's scarf finds its way from being coiled around her waist to in her hands by pure muscle memory. Without rising just yet, she tries to flick her eyes up from the crouch to see what's going on, "Para, what's happening? Where did that coem from?"
[2016-10-24 18:14:12] <Torokasi> Para's low to the ground as well, eyes flicking around nervously. "Don't know. The high pitch is louder." His voice is barely audible over the panic of the crowd around them, a few added flashes of light appearing further above ground. "They need to open the gate. People may fall off the bridge in panic."
[2016-10-24 18:16:12] <AutumnCrow> "Fantastic...alright," Crow risked standing up, keeping her eyes peeled for any further flashbangs coming in, "we're professionals here, lets find the source and do something about it..."
[2016-10-24 18:17:50] <Torokasi> Lilian looks around briefly, before yelping and ducking as another coalesces over her head. OOC: Notice check for you and Para, Lilian's distracted by flashpops this round.
[2016-10-24 18:19:58] <AutumnCrow> OOC: Crow - 15, Para(should activate Elfsight if he can take a standard to do it) - 24(26 with ES)
[2016-10-24 18:21:07] <Torokasi> OOC: He can activate it, yeah.
[2016-10-24 18:23:10] <Torokasi> Crow feels... something at the edge of her senses, but it's Para that mutters first and points into the air, five feet above the crowd - something small, purple, and careening above the crowd. No, two things - one purple, one green, both of them practically globs of color moving quickly and erratically. One zooms close to the group, seemingly aiming above
[2016-10-24 18:23:10] <Torokasi> Para's head... OOC: You have the scarf out, so it's a free AoO as it passes above!
[2016-10-24 18:24:53] AutumnCrow snaps her scarf up at the thing moving since it's probably not freindly! A simple whip-crack strike, no time for a more involved maneuver. (OOC: Attack 16, 6 damage if that hits)
[2016-10-24 18:29:16] <Torokasi> The scarf snaps upward... and misses the thing by a hair, Para crouching still lower as the air above him pops. A few others have begin noticing the creatures flying about but seem to lack the weaponry to reach them, as the two flying things buzz about, closing in above Crow...! OOC: Roll init for yourself. You're the only one with a reach weapon here that
[2016-10-24 18:29:16] <Torokasi> isn't magic and isn't a projectile that could fall back down and hit someone, so this is just you for init. Everyone else is out of range, though Para's going to be trying to help you spot at least.
[2016-10-24 18:32:04] AutumnCrow hisses as the snap misses its mark, but rises and settles into a combat stance...waiting for another oportunity to strike one of the things down, "...what ARE those?" (OOC: init 9)
[2016-10-24 18:32:55] * Torokasi set the topic to blimp 2 > blimp 1 > Crow
[2016-10-24 18:34:13] <Torokasi> Lilian mutters. "I don't know. I don't even want to try magic with the haywire effect nearby...!" The two balls of color hum above menacingly, seeming to dart higher up in the sky before coming down above Crow, the air condensing...! OOC: One reflex save
[2016-10-24 18:35:40] <AutumnCrow> Now that she knows where things are coming from, dodging has become much easier~(Ref 21)
[2016-10-24 18:37:28] <Torokasi> Crow barely has to move to get out of the pocket of air and light, but the second one seems to hum, before a foul-smelling stream of liquid comes out toward Crow! OOC: Ref save again.
[2016-10-24 18:38:41] <AutumnCrow> (OOC: Ref 21 again!)
[2016-10-24 18:40:11] <Torokasi> But the stream hits where Crow just was, both blobs in range...!
[2016-10-24 18:43:51] <AutumnCrow> More concerned about the liquid, Crow focuses her concentration and snaps her scarf out with precision to pierce its center in an almost spear-thrust like motion! (S. Nightmare Blade. Concentration 19(vs its AC). If that succeeds I get to attack it flat-footed. Attack roll 20(or 18 if concentration did not succeed), damage 12(10 if concentration did not succeed).
[2016-10-24 18:47:05] <Torokasi> The scarf lashes out, puncturing the creature and sending it flying off almost comically! The first attacker flies about rapidly... OOC: It's flying in and out of reach enough for Crow to try and take a potshot AoO on it.
[2016-10-24 18:47:16] * Torokasi set the topic to blimp 2 >  Crow
[2016-10-24 18:48:10] AutumnCrow snaps her scarf over to hit the other one as it moves about, but has trouble finding purchase. (OOC: Attack 15)
[2016-10-24 18:51:01] <Torokasi> The scarf again just misses the critter as it seems to settle near Crow, vibrating violently...! Para mutters, "Shit, there's more above the town."
[2016-10-24 18:52:38] <Torokasi> After a moment, the imp seems to erupt, flames jetting out of it toward Crow! OOC: Ref save again
[2016-10-24 18:54:24] <AutumnCrow> Expecting another air bubble, the GOUT OF FLAME catches Crow a bit off guard as she tries to dance back out of the way!(Ref 16)
[2016-10-24 18:57:13] <Torokasi> OOC: No evasion yet, right?
[2016-10-24 18:58:06] <AutumnCrow> OOC: N
[2016-10-24 19:00:44] * Torokasi set the topic to blimp 2 >  Crow (2 damage taken)
[2016-10-24 19:01:01] <Torokasi> The fires lightly singe Crow's skin, doing little damage but causing the faint smell of smoldering cloth! OOC: Crow's turn. It ended in range, all their moves have shit for reach so
[2016-10-24 19:03:20] <AutumnCrow> "...fire throwing creatures? Whoever made these is a lunatic," Crow grumbles as she tries to line up a better swing without tripping over anyone else gathered about, "hold on, I've almost got this one..." (OOC: Attack 22, damage 11. Yeowch)
[2016-10-24 19:07:56] <Torokasi> And the whipcrack shatters this blob, falling into pieces that dissolve on impact. Para points toward the town, "There's more, but they seem to be dispersing across town."
[2016-10-24 19:09:41] <Torokasi> OOC: Free act
[2016-10-24 19:12:09] AutumnCrow coils her scarf back across her waist and looks for the guards, motioning the other two to follow her, "alright, flamethrowing floating balloon monsters is now officially guild business, lets try to get inside."
[2016-10-24 19:19:15] <Torokasi> The guards already seem to be opening the gate in the face of screaming citizenry, revealing... a lot of color. The entire square outside the gate is splashed with thousand of different colors of what almost looks like paint, people and guards drenched in it as mages run around frantically. A few of the flying creatures seem to bee hovering overhead, flashes
[2016-10-24 19:19:15] <Torokasi> of light happening still around the square, but most seem to be drifting off over the city. <More>
[2016-10-24 19:20:25] <Torokasi> One individual in question seems to be trying to corral the mages to little success - a tall, skinny Talkyr rasping out orders in a reedy voice, half-coated in lime green ooze.
[2016-10-24 19:22:04] <AutumnCrow> Heading over that way, and carefully stepping around paint, Crow asks, "...is all this the work of those...flying bubbles? Two of them got outside, but my group got them." Gesturing to her pin, she adds, "is there anything we can do to help in here?"
[2016-10-24 19:26:20] <Torokasi> The man whips his head to look at Crow, glancing briefly at the pin before, "Let the Guild know the clash at the north square went haywire and we have Blimp remnants causing havoc- no, Jakwell, you can't cast a spell right no-!" The mage being yelled at's hands glow, toward a nearby blimp, before a loud pop happens and the mage stumbles back, suddenly
[2016-10-24 19:26:20] <Torokasi> covered in purple. The head mage mutters, "No one ever listens to poor Throx, do they. Let the damn Guild know that I'll be here trying to end the event, but they need to send out blimp extermination teams immediately!"
[2016-10-24 19:29:15] AutumnCrow nods, "Then we're on our way." Looking back, she smirks to Lilian and Para, "lets pick up the pace then, shall we? Guild first, then back to the temple to report on the job. Janda's not here, so we get to do this at my pace." Making sure they were ready to follow, Crow sets off back for the guild(which she at least knows how toreach from the gate) at a fast pace.
[2016-10-24 19:34:42] <Torokasi> The three head off toward the Guild at a quick pace...
[2016-10-24 20:09:45] <Torokasi> After a time, the group makes it to the Temple Circle, just outside the Guild, which is... also a mess. Multiple guild members can be seen trying to swat down the blimps as they zoom around, splotches of color appearing here as well. A small circle of people seem to be trying to snipe them out of the air with beams of energy - and Crow can see Mare amongst
[2016-10-24 20:09:45] <Torokasi> them, firing to try and hit a particular sickeningly blue blimp.
[2016-10-24 20:14:50] <AutumnCrow> "Mare!" Crow calls out, looking to see if any of the blimps are in jump and swing range as she runs over.
[2016-10-24 20:15:15] <Torokasi> One seems to be, a weirdly pink one... OOC: Go ahead and attempt an attack roll.
[2016-10-24 20:16:08] AutumnCrow takes a running leap and swings at a pink blimp! (OOC: Jump 22, Attack 19, damage 8)
[2016-10-24 20:18:51] <Torokasi> The pink blimp cracks and falls to the ground, dissolving, as Crow runs over to Mare! "So. Whose fault is the blimp infestation?" Mare asks casually as she aims at the blimp zipping around.  "Some idiot hedgemages trying something too complex?"
[2016-10-24 20:21:00] <AutumnCrow> "A mage named Throx told us to report to the guild," Crow calmly slips her scarf back around her waist, "and let them know that the 'clash at the north square went haywire' and that they need blimp extermination teams immediately. I still need to report to the temple of magdanae on the delivery, can you run that over?"
[2016-10-24 20:22:32] <Torokasi> "Sure thing." Mare nods. "Celma, Dave, I'll be back." With that, she darts out toward the guild!
[2016-10-24 20:26:00] <Torokasi> Para nods slightly. "To the temple, then?"
[2016-10-24 20:29:12] AutumnCrow nods, "should probably let them know too. Also, Lilian, can you explain what those 'blimps' are?"
[2016-10-24 20:31:26] <Torokasi> "Iiiiii don't honestly know. It sounds like they're a result of spell clashing, which is basically... when two spells with competing purposes, or a lot of spells with minor conflicts, are all in the same spot. So they begin interacting negatively, and the spells start clashing, which makes magic act really weird and generally screws with everything. We still
[2016-10-24 20:31:26] <Torokasi> don't know much about clashing other than it can be really dangerous. Blimps are... new to me." Lilian shrugs as they move toward the temple. "Does any of that make sense?"
[2016-10-24 20:34:45] <AutumnCrow> "As much sense as magic ever does," Crow shrugs, "martial arts is much less complicated, I must say."
[2016-10-24 20:37:14] <Torokasi> "Indeed." Lilian grins as the three make it to the temple. Lenneth is standing right outside, eyeing the blimps with disdain, her spear at the ready. At the approach of the group, she nods curtly. "I take it the delivery went fine."
[2016-10-24 20:38:29] <AutumnCrow> "An attempt was made, we noticed the first group and warned them off...they actually took the warning. The second group we just snuck past," Crow shrugs, "the guards thank you for the supplies."
[2016-10-24 20:39:53] <Torokasi> "Excellent." A thin smile crosses her lips. "Those will be handy, I'm sure. Now, what in the Mist are these... things?"
[2016-10-24 20:41:53] <AutumnCrow> "A result of a magic clash by the north square, apparently?"
[2016-10-24 20:44:48] <Torokasi> "Charming." Lenneth growls, looking around. "Are they at least just mostly harmless?"
[2016-10-24 20:45:39] <AutumnCrow> "Some of them can apparently shoot fire, so it's best to destroy them when possible." Crow looks around for a way to get high up so she can pop any lingering blimps...
[2016-10-24 20:46:56] <Torokasi> "...Fire. Of course, it's fire." Lenneth groans. "Go tell the Temple of the Weeping Lady that we have firestarters flying around town. Please. They may not have realized it yet, since these aren't doing that yet, but we need them down as soon as possible and they can help."
[2016-10-24 20:48:32] <AutumnCrow> "What they shoot seems to be almost...random?" Crow explains, then nods, "alright, we'll come back and ask about our pay for today after the festival."
[2016-10-24 20:48:50] AutumnCrow shrugs at Lilian and Para...and then walks over to a different temple!
[2016-10-24 20:51:26] <Torokasi> "Thank you. I'll be sure to have it ready then." Lenneth replies as the group head over.
[2016-10-24 21:00:13] <Torokasi> -----------------------------

Offline Taishyr

  • Vamiro
  • *****
  • Posts: 401
Re: Rank 2, Mission 2: "Laughter and Tears over Tia Marias"
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2017, 06:05:12 pm »
Torokasi> The trio duck into the Temple of the Weeping Lady, unusually quiet given the commotion inside. Five people are lined up in front of a priest and... Janda, and it's clear why: Janda's dark blue dress has splotches of pink paint all over it. And scorch marks. The priest gestures toward the door as the people head out, whips and chains in hand.
17:06 AutumnCrow just stops and blinks at people with whips and chains walking out of the temple of the Weeping Lady. Not something she expected to see.
17:07 <AutumnCrow> Recovering quickly, she speaks up, "Ah...excuse me?" she calls out to the preist, "we were told to come let you know that the blimps flying around from a magic clash, some of them can start fires."
17:09 <AutumnCrow> Getting out of the way of the door, she walks over to Janda, "is that paint? ...of course it would have to be pink paint, wouldn't it?"
17:09 <@Torokasi> Janda and the priest glance over, Janda smiling wide as the priest nods. "So we just heard, ma'am." the priest, a serious-looking, bony Tal... kyr? He doesn't look Talstedi but there's none of the fur or hair normally there.
17:09 <@Torokasi> Janda laughs a bit weakly, though she doesn't seem bothered that much. "Yes, it's just like my luck, isn't it? Ah, well. You three ran into them, too?"
17:10 <AutumnCrow> "We were near the bridge where it apparently originated." Crow shrugs, "running deliveries for Sister Lenneth, of Magdanae's temple. Had to swat a few of them out of the air."
17:12 <@Torokasi> "Ah. That's good info as well. I'll go see if there's any assistance I can lend to trying to get this under control, then." The priest nods briefly. "Janda, I'll leave our guests to you. My apologies for the brevity, but." With that, he turns quickly and leaves at an almost jog out the door, leaving Janda with the group.
17:15 <AutumnCrow> "Well," Crow looks to Lilian and Para, "do we want to loiter around here, head back to the guild for now, or go looking for other things to do in the festival? I'll check back in with Sister Lenneth tomorrow about pay, not really the time for it right now."
17:16 <@Torokasi> "We could.... look for blimps while also looking around the festival?" Lilian says, finger on her cheek in thought.
17:17 <AutumnCrow> "Low flying ones, at least. We don't have much to hit the higher ones with that doesn't risk collateral damage, like arrows falling into crowded areas."
17:17 <@Torokasi> "Yeah. ... I could try jumping at them. We're not on the bridge now." Para comments.
17:18 <@Torokasi> Janda hums. "Well. There's also the option of going to the Guild and letting people know there."
17:19 <AutumnCrow> "We should do that first, yes." Crow looks to Janda, "do you need to stay here longer, or do you want to head back with us?"
17:20 <@Torokasi> "I had been helping with a small play for some kids when a group of blimps swooshed by." Janda shakes her head. "We're done for a day after that. One of the performers got ... paint or whatever this is in her mouth."
17:21 <AutumnCrow> "Then lets head back, swat any blimps we see on the way, and make sure someone's alerted the guild already."
17:22 <@Torokasi> "Sounds good." Janda nods, letting Crow lead the way out...
17:27 <@Torokasi> The Temple Circle is still a riot of noise and chaos, especially with the occasional blimp passing overhead - fortunately, the guards seem to have brought out as many ranged weapons as possible, and the Temples each have people out trying to swat people down. At the Guild, the guards and loitering Guildspeople seem to be staring north mostly out of curiousity - with one of them being Kalos, though she's not really staring north so much as
17:27 <@Torokasi> she's leaning on her weapon's shaft and listening.
17:28 <AutumnCrow> "Enjoying the noise festival, Kalos?" Crow asks with a half chuckle as they approach.
17:31 <@Torokasi> Lilian smirks as Kalos chuckles. "Ah, miss Crow. Yes, it's... interesting. What on earth happened up there?"
17:32 <@Torokasi> "Magical imps got spawned from a magic mishap. They're spitting paint and blotches of fire everywhere. Not too harmful but it's fire so everyone's on edge anyway." Lilian shrugs.
17:32 <@Torokasi> OOC: Sense motive, Crow, if you want.
17:33 <AutumnCrow> (OOC: I'll just take 10 for 21 if that's fine?)
17:34 <@Torokasi> OOC: Sure, since Lilian botched.
17:35 <@Torokasi> Lilian seems... unusually tense despite her lighthearted phrasing, with even Janda looking at her with slight confusion. Kalos, not noticing, replies lightheartedly, "Well... I suppose we should go on up, then, right folks? Just to make sure they don't go any further."
17:36 <@Torokasi> The crowd seems to agree at this and begins moving north, Kalos lingering. "You four sound a bit tired. Maybe just let central command know and take a rest, hmm?"
17:38 <AutumnCrow> "Three of us have been running from one end of the city to another already today," Crow nods, then turns to Lilian and Janda, "you two know magic better than I do, are these blimps enough of a threat to go chase after or can the guard and temples handle this from here?"
17:42 <@Torokasi> "Guards and the Temples should be more than enough, but they'll probably want Guild members that are used to dealing with preventing and stopping fires to be on standby, and they'll probably let everyone else know just so they can... ah, join in on the fun." Janda smirks at the end of this. "Really, it's a festival day. The biggest risk besides a fire is drunks hitting themselves in the head with their weapons trying to hit a blimp. Not
17:42 <@Torokasi> that I've seen my dad do something similar or anything."
17:50 <AutumnCrow> "That sounds like something your mother would have let him have several earfuls about if anyone besides family saw it," Crow smirks as well, then shrugs, "I think we can just leave this to them at this point then. If anyone wants to go after them, feel free to go hunting."
17:51 <@Torokasi> Para pauses, before shrugging. "Gonna go show bro the sleep needles."
17:52 <@Torokasi> Lilian and Janda both shrug. "I'm not really inspired. Anything you want to find or look into, Crow?" Lilian asks after a moment.
17:54 AutumnCrow slips her hand into Lilian's hand, "up for turning the rest of the festival into a date? We don't really have 'festivals' at the Autumn Temple, so I don't really know what there is to look for or do?"
17:55 <@Torokasi> Janda's smile is wide as Lilian blushes a bit. "That sounds fun... Mmm. Let's go see if we can find one of the light shows? Those can be really impressive."
17:57 <AutumnCrow> "They shouldn't be too hard to find, I'd think. And we can dodge our way through crowds well enough, I think."
17:57 <AutumnCrow> (OOC: scratch one of those "i thinks", Ugh)
17:58 <@Torokasi> "Indeed." Lilian nods. "And then you'll get to see a lot of what we were delivering today, most likely."
17:58 <@Torokasi> Janda nods. "Indeed. I didn't think about it, but the display should be excellent for a first time viewing! Do enjoy it. I'm... going to go get this dress cleaned and mended, hah."
18:00 <@Torokasi> Para already seems to have wandered off... OOC: Notice for Crow
18:00 <AutumnCrow> (OOC: Lolnotice. 13)
18:01 <@Torokasi> Lilian nods. "Enjoy the night, yeah. Let us know if there's been any developments once we get back?"
18:03 <@Torokasi> "Certainly. Enjoy!" And with a wave and a smile, Janda heads back to the apartments... OOC: Give me a sec, feel like doing a few quick rolls to see if there's any really good illusionist shows around or anything
18:07 <@Torokasi> It takes a while to find anything impressive, Lilian peeking into a few blocks where invisibility walls seem to be in effect before shaking her head, but eventually the two find a narrow alleyway that Lilian looks into before glancing at Crow, grinning. "Let's do this one. I think I've seen these three's work before, and it's a sight to behold, I promise."
18:09 <AutumnCrow> "Alright, I'll hold you to that~" Crow laughs, following Lilian into the presumably magical alleyway
18:18 <@Torokasi> The two step in and... Crow is immediately hit by the smell of sweet flowers, as before her eyes is a garden. A garden at night, lit softly with shadows shifting and creating patterns of light and shadow on the grass. The flowers are like nothing they've seen before, and there are benches lining the path in. <More>
18:19 <@Torokasi>  Lilian leads Crow gently to an empty bench about halfway in, surrounded by glowing blue flowers, with one white and one black one, thick-petaled, intertwined into the center of the bench. "It looks like they're going to start again soon." she murmurs, moving to touch a blue flower... which seems to turn into a golden butterfly in her hands, fluttering around the two before drifting upward and vanishing.
18:21 AutumnCrow sits down beside Lilian and slides one hand around her waist, while reaching out with the other...just too slow to poke the butterfly to see what else it would turn into before it vanished, "...so is there someone actively controlling all of these illusions at once? That would take some admirable concentration..."
18:28 <@Torokasi> "There are some hedgemages and spellcasters that specialize in illusions." Lilian murmurs. "Some of this is probably static and nontangible... others, like the flowers, I suppose?... can be told to do some things on a trigger. The big performance will be actively controlled by all of them, I think. There's probably also hedgemages maintaining spells while the lead illusionists work..." She moves in a bit closer to Crow, blushing slightly.
18:28 <@Torokasi> "I first saw them perform - I'm pretty sure this is them - like, when I was fourteen, I think..."
18:32 <AutumnCrow> "I suppose how little magic we have in the temple is both a strength and a weakness. We miss out on a lot of things like this." Crow smiles, glad that Lilian seems to be feeling better than she was back at the guild, and gets ready to watch the show!
18:37 <@Torokasi> "It's... I couldn't really imagine it, before meeting you. I don't know what I'd even do without my cantrips and spells, but...It helps to be able to see things from another direction, I imagine." Lilian murmurs, before glancing to the entrance as a small circle of light appears. <More>
18:44 <@Torokasi> From the circle, first a horse emerged, bounding down the alleyway, a light dew splashing from its mane; next was a flight of birds, doves and ravens and other birds Crow doesn't recognize, and crows as well, each with a different coloration. With the birds comes the sound of harps and... drums? And then the light show begins, dancing patters and lights in a startling variety of patterns, the birds flying through the patterns with
18:44 <@Torokasi> staggering precision. <More>
18:46 <@Torokasi> At one point, the show takes the form of an explosion of plant life, coiling vines with flowers practically filling the sky with a canopy of green and gemlike flowers. Patterns of ice form along the path as the lights begin again, then refracting through the ice and darting through the vines to further intertwine the patterns. <More>
18:49 <@Torokasi> The show seems to climax with another swarm of illusory animals from the entrance - fish swimming through the air, critters scattering across the ground and on the vines,  and coiling white serpents lazily floating through the sky as the light show reaches its peak, the music heightening... and then everything seems to fade gently, the spells all ending simultaneously and leaving Crow and Lilian on the bench, the illusionary sky appearing
18:49 <@Torokasi> to be dawn, and only a few notes of the harp remaining in the air.
18:51 AutumnCrow claps, quietly so as not to disturb the ambiance with the noise, but visibly. She's also smiling ear to ear at the display, "that was beautiful..."
18:52 <@Torokasi> Lilian claps as well.  "Yeah. These people... well, I've heard they do shows for the Emperor of the Three Gems, even. But Verxais is their home, so..."
18:57 <AutumnCrow> "I really do need to get some of those politics lessons from Marion, I didn't even know there was an emperor until hearing the report about the cataclysm's effects elsewhere," Crow laughs a bit, "but that's nothing that will be important for awhile I think." Sliding one hand around Lilian's waist again, she asks, "so anything else you suggest seeing while we're out, or do you want to call it
18:57 <AutumnCrow> a night?"
19:01 <@Torokasi> "Politics tend to wind up 'the royalty hide away somewhere and rarely pop in', for the better if I'm honest." Lilian murmurs as she loops her arm around Crow's waist as well. "Ahh... we could try to find a good restaurant? Honestly we're not likely to find better than this for a performance."
19:04 <AutumnCrow> "That sounds good," Crow leads the way out and asks around for a good restaraunt if Lilian doesn't already know one in the area~
19:14 <@Torokasi> The two head out (Lilian places some gold coins at a small basket at the end of the alleyway on their way out) and ask around, Lilian explaining that she's not really sure of any non-greasy restaurants around here. Eventually, the two get referred to a second-floor restaurant in one of the blocks, a small but busy place that smells of fish and has fresh greens lining the stairwell up. <More>
19:15 <@Torokasi> The two get a window seat looking out into the street, Lilian ordering a spicy dish with deer and greens while Crow gets a... well, the name is something like "Rojrulo's Heavenly Choir" and it's described as a traditional, famous dish using only Rojrulo-based ingredients, and the waitress seemed highly excited when Crow asked about it, so that's her order. <More>
19:18 <@Torokasi> Both dishes come out simultaneously, and both are... well, Crow's is an impressive dish of curried greens, with a heat that seems to practically mellow into sweetness on the tongue and some greens that Crow didn't realize could taste this... well, strong. She's used versions of them at the Autumn Temple but Rojrulo's versions are quite impressive, apparently. Lilian seems to heavily enjoy hers, at the least, though she does have to drink a
19:18 <@Torokasi> cup of milk about halfway through, embarrassed but grinning.
19:22 <AutumnCrow> "Considering how difficult travel between the cities is, I'm always surprised to find as much...well..." Crow gestures to her empty plate, "things like this, just around the city. It makes sense that we have so many people from elsewhere in the guild, we're the kind of people who brave the mist. But I never expected so much culture and food and such from the other cities when I came here."
19:25 <@Torokasi> "I know... there's some magical transportation of goods, at least." Lilian comments. "It's expensive so a lot of places will pool together costs for an order, since they want to get as much as possible for an order, and the spells they use, uh... people can't be moved that way, I've heard. I know that's how the Temple of Erest Rosen gets some of its books. Objects seem to... actually." Lilian pauses, looking out over the street. "Living
19:25 <@Torokasi> things in the Mist seem to attract issues. Maybe the magic moves them through the mist, somehow? And a living person would... draw fire, so to speak."
19:28 <AutumnCrow> "Hmm. That seems reasonable, the Mist does take much longer to have any kind of effect on even basic plants, if it ever does at all. Actually inanimate objects would be even less likely to be effected."
19:32 <@Torokasi> "Yeah. And if the plants have been harvested, and the magic is... not that disruptive, I guess? It'd make sense. But for anything living, caravans or adventurers are the usual methods. I know there's deer farms in other cities, and Mairs basically lives entirely off the amount of the waters it's managed to keep free of Mist. Granted it sounds like there's almost no land there to live on anymore... ...and yeah. Janda's families are druids
19:32 <@Torokasi> because druids are profitable. It's sort of interesting - Sath is all about money and ostentatious trade but I wouldn't be surprised if Ratokyst's temples didn't beat them out in a lot of places."
19:33 <AutumnCrow> "He is the only god allowed a presence in the Autumn Temple...though I can't say for certain if that's a longstanding tradition or just my mother's rule."
19:35 <@Torokasi> "Hm. I don't know, myself... it'd make sense if it's tradition just to make sure you have food. The Autumn Temple has to be the smallest barriered area, doesn't it? So if there was some form of magical item transit, you'd have to know, I'd think. Without that, a druid or cleric of Ratokyst has to be really helpful."
19:38 <AutumnCrow> "I would be shocked if we weren't the smallest area, yes. And we do eat a fair amount, since...well, I'd say close to a full third of the adults at the temple are actual combatants, and you know how fighters eat."
19:40 <@Torokasi> "Oh, yes. ...I was wondering, idly. Are vegetables the mainstay for everyone there? Is it just part of the training, or...?" Lilian asks, looking over at Crow. "The greens you've cooked for us before have been excellent, so I was wondering if that was a focus or a family thing or..."
19:46 <AutumnCrow> "Hardly," Crow shakes her head, "that's mostly a personal preferance. My mother and oldest brother eat a lot of everything, father's a big meat eater, I mostly eat vegetables to fill up without...well, without bulking up. That and I love texture differences in food, which produce has a much greater variety of."
19:50 <@Torokasi> "Oh, that- right, that makes total sense. And... yes, produce has excellent variety. It's something I hadn't ever really thought of. No one at the Temple's a great cook, so we never got to experience it as well as I do now." Lilian smiles.
19:51 <AutumnCrow> "God of both knowledge and hunger, and nobody there goes for cookbooks, hmm?" Crow grins.
19:53 <@Torokasi> "Hah..." Lilian grins, before glancing away. "...well, they aren't much for -satisfying- hunger, there, in the literal sense. You're supposed to... dwell with it, with the desire or the need."
19:54 <@Torokasi> "... not that that stops some priests." Lilian follows up after a moment.
19:56 <AutumnCrow> "...I think I can understand the mindset, at least a bit." Crow nods, then pulls out her own coins to pay for dinner, "you covered the show, so I'll cover dinner, I think is how these things work. Ready to head back?"
19:57 <@Torokasi> "Ah, sure!" Lilian smiles as they stand and get ready to head out...
20:04 <@Torokasi> The two slowly make their way back, passing through the crowds, before pausing right outside the gate. "The fireworks should start in... about thirty minutes. We've got time to get some water or wine and go up to the rooftop to watch?" Lilian smiles. "Or do you want to turn in for the night? There will be a bigger show tomorrow, if you'd just like to turn in today. It's been a busy one."
20:07 <AutumnCrow> "I've never actually seen fireworks, so I'd like to see one of the shows. I'm not so tired yet..." Crow then smiles and drops her voice so that only Lilian should be able to hear, "or are you subtly hinting that you'd like us to just head back to my room for the night?"
20:09 <@Torokasi> "Ah-" Lilian blushes, looking at Crow closely for a moment. "I'm always happy to do that, but- let's do the fireworks, yeah, and -then- we can head back to your room... I think you'll enjoy them a lot, I promise. ...we can move at your pace, Crow. It's all fine."
20:11 <AutumnCrow> "I'm not sure what my pace even is, to be totally honest," Crow half blushes herself, "I want to just...stay the same and rush headlong into everything at the same time, but that's not exactly possible so...ah...lets go watch fireworks."
20:13 <@Torokasi> "Let's." Lilian smiles, hugging Crow close as they go inside. <More>
20:15 <@Torokasi> Past Redola, who manages a something resembling polite greeting. Up the stairs. Into the hallway, where Janda is waiting, spinning around as the two come in, a wine glass in her hand. At seeing Crow and Lilian, she all but runs up to them, staring... straight at Crow, in what looks like disbelief.
20:16 <AutumnCrow> "...is...something the matter?" Crow offers Janda a half smile, half confused expression.
20:16 <@Torokasi> Janda's mouth begins working furiously for a second, before, "TH-TH-THAT MAN IS YOUR FATHER?!?!"
20:17 <AutumnCrow> "....is my father here?" Crow blinks, "where?"
20:18 <@Torokasi> "HE. HE STOPPED BY. SAID OH MY GOD hOW DOES HE HAVE THAT MUCH MUSCLE, CROW. HE SAID HE WAS YOUR FATHER!!!"
20:18 <@Torokasi> Lilian's face is very, very blatantly attempting to be stony and absolutely failing, making it look vaguely ghastly as she looks on Janda in confusion.
20:20 <AutumnCrow> "I have told you that he's killed a dragon before, right?" Crow smirks at Janda, "and that he's, in his own words, a barbarian? And you're surprised he's muscular. I am the smallest of all of us by quite a bit."
20:22 <@Torokasi> "STILL. HOW?! HIS THIGHS COULD CRUSH ROCKS, CROW!" Janda practically shrieks. "I THOUGHT HE'D LOOK LIKE - LIKE JAGDEN OR ONE OF THE OTHERS, NOT LIKE THAT-" Suddenly, a small burst of water splashes on her head, Lilian's hand claming onto her shoulder afterward.
20:22 <@Torokasi> "Please calm down, Janda." Lilian's voice is an inch away from laughter even though she seems to have calmed her face down.
20:24 <AutumnCrow> "Well...it seems we should catch tomorrow's fireworks after all." Turning to Lilian, Crow asks, "help me find if he's still around the guild? Or..." turning back to Janda, "did he say where he'd be staying?"
20:28 <@Torokasi> "No. No, he, uh, didn't. He just said he'd... come find you tomorrow? Didn't sound like he was staying here I think." Janda replies, a bit breathlessly and muted. "Mentioned he was going to go catch friends I think."
20:29 <AutumnCrow> "Oh...well, then I guess we aren't changing the plans. Fireworks it is, and I'll make sure to be up early."
20:30 <@Torokasi> "Yeah. ... Does your dad, like, eat an entire cow every day or something?" Janda asks, clutching the wine glass. "Fireworks. Right, yes, Kalos and the others went up with some snacks and drinks. I'll, uh, join once I recover."
20:33 <@Torokasi> "...so that means Jagden's back, too. I'm sure the Guild will be relieved." Lilian comments after a moment.
20:35 <AutumnCrow> "I hope the other two aren't too far behind. The sooner the Guild is back to full strength the faster we can start figuring out what all is going on in the world now," Crow nods along, then grabs some water and heads to the roof for fireworks!
20:36 <@Torokasi> "Yeah." Janda nods. "We should act fast... Oh, he did ask me how you were doing. I said you were doing great as far as I could tell... I hope that's okay? I don't know how I should have responded, like if you were training a lot or anything."
20:38 <AutumnCrow> "Why would you need to tell him that, he knows what I do for training?" Crow blinked, "he was probably wondering how well I was adapting to the city, if anything."
20:39 <@Torokasi> "A-ah. That makes sense. I just... well, don't worry about it. That was probably it, yeah. I'll meet you two up there!" Janda smiles before heading into her room. Lilian grabs water as well before smiling and shrugging to Crow.
20:45 <@Torokasi> Everyone - including Ary, sitting with Nyci, and Solmyr, Para, and Para's brother Benzin - is sitting and chatting as Crow and Lilian, and eventually Janda, come up to the roof to watch the fireworks - a dazzling array of purples, blues, and yellows, with some splashes of green and red against the night sky....

Offline Taishyr

  • Vamiro
  • *****
  • Posts: 401
Re: Rank 2, Mission 2: "Laughter and Tears over Tia Marias"
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2017, 06:53:31 pm »
16:21 <Torokasi> Crow prepares for the morning as early as usual for the Autumn Temple, leaving a drowsing Lilian behind as she heads outside to do her morning practice while waiting. As she goes through the motions, about an hour later, Lilian comes outside and perches on a nearby bench. "Hey, Crow." she murmurs sleepily, glancing around. "Waiting out here for him?"
16:23 <AutumnCrow> "Well that seems more polite than making him barge into the women's quarters," Crow half smirks, then winds down her movements and goes to sit beside Lilian, "certainly more polite to Redola, at least."
16:25 <Torokasi> "Redola needs more entertainment in her life." Lilian giggles. "... I take it he normally wakes up with the rest of the Temple?"
16:25 <AutumnCrow> "That depends entirely on how much he had to drink last night, but usually yes."
16:28 <Torokasi> "Gotcha. Alright." Lilian chuckles.  "... this is a bit nervewracking for me, I admit."
16:31 <AutumnCrow> "Oh, you shouldn't be worried about meeting him," Crow laughs, "mother is the intimidating one of the pair. Father's certainly, ah, big and leaves an impression, but he's...the sort of person who will go out in the mist to look for lost travellers or the like, becuase he knows he can and he has no reason not to. He doesn't like being called a hero, but he'll help people in trouble just because
16:31 <AutumnCrow> he can't think of a good reason not to help." Crow smiles, and it's clear she respects her father a great deal from the tone of her voice even though she's probably more different from him than any of her siblings.
16:33 <Torokasi> "... he sounds a lot like you." Lilian smiles. "That does put me at ease, Crow. Thanks. ... Do you want me to go bring some bread and butter down for a breakfast while we wait?"
16:34 <AutumnCrow> "Oh, that would be nice, thank you." Crow risks a quick kiss on Lilian's cheek before she gets up to go.
16:36 <Torokasi> "Got it." Lilian smiles, returning the peck before darting upstairs. The Mist above the barrier is very thin, blue sky brightly visible this morning as Crow waits. And waits. And Lilian comes down with the bread and butter, and three knives, and Janda.
16:37 <Torokasi> Janda smiles to Crow. "Morning, Crow. Uh, do you want me to go see if the guildhall knows where he's staying? I've got to stop by there anyway, so I figured I could ask..."
16:39 <AutumnCrow> "Well if he said he would be by today than he will. If he doesn't show by the time...lets say by the time Solmyr and Marion drag themselves outside, then we'll go about our own business today and I'll leave a note."
16:42 <Torokasi> "Sure, that makes sense. I'll be back in a bit, then." Janda smiles and heads over, leaving Lilian and Crow to eat...
16:43 AutumnCrow munches some bread while waiting~
16:45 <Torokasi> ...until right about when Janda is out of sight, when Lilian and Crow can both hear Wild Goose's voice coming from the other direction, "Crow! Hello!"
16:46 AutumnCrow stands up and waves, "Father! Hello! Sorry I missed you yesterday, I was out seeing the festival!"
16:47 <Torokasi> Wild Goose is practically bounding over gleefully. "That's fine, my girl!" Practically closing the gap in no time, Goose sweeps Crow up into a strong embrace. "How have you been? how was the Festival? The city treating you well?"
16:50 AutumnCrow allows herself to be scooped up but them squirms back down to her feet, "Ah...aside from the minor apocolypse as a housewarming gift, well enough. The festival was lovely though, we did a bit of work and then went to go see a illusion light show that was beautiful."
16:51 <AutumnCrow> "I hear you met one of my group last night, Janda." Gesturing to Lilian beside her, Crow makes introductions, "this is Lilian, the...well, second in command of the group basically. A templar of Erest Rosen. I'm sure the others will be about...eventually. It was a festival last night after all."
16:54 <Torokasi> Lilian smiles and curtsies. "It's a pleasure, Wild Goose."
16:57 <Torokasi> Wild Goose lets Crow go - and sweeps Lilian's hand up, squeezing hard enough to confuse Lilian. "A pleasure to meet you as well! Templar of Erest Rosen, eh? I've been trying to argue Dragon into letting a priest or templar up to help with the documents she hasn't sorted, but she's been stubborn on it. Still, a pleasure!" Then, to Crow, "Yes, I met Janda - she seemed, ah, poleaxed. I suppose I should be glad I didn't bring Dragonslayer with
16:57 <Torokasi> me! Were you two just waiting for me out here?"
17:00 <AutumnCrow> "Well, we were also eating breakfast and I did my morning practice, but mostly yes," Crow smirks and adds in her best deadpan, "and, ah, I suppose Janda didn't quite remember when I told her I was the smallest person in the family."
17:03 <Torokasi> "Yes, well." Goose laughs at this, before nodding slightly and stretching, glancing between the two of them. "Any other exciting adventures before or after that, uh, mild chaos shook everything up?"
17:07 <AutumnCrow> "We did find a long lost bunker that's been inactive for thousands of years before we stumbled into it," Crow explained as if it was just another adventure, "and found this scarf there, which is enchanted. Who knows how on earth it got there, but it was there. And on that trip we did spot a chimera at rest, but chose to avoid confrontation with it. We are planning to take a second trip out
17:07 <AutumnCrow> to the ruin to see how much of it we can get working again, perhaps with a higher ranking guild mage along to take a look at the overcores."
17:11 <Torokasi> "A... bunker? With this scarf, eh?" Goose looks at the scarf closely ...  "This is Pigeon's scarf. ...Or at least it looks an awful lot like it."
17:13 <AutumnCrow> "....huh." Crow takes off the scarf and hands it to her father, "I...hope it's just one like it, I was hoping to run into him sometime out here."
17:17 <Torokasi> Goose nods, looking it over. "...No, it's his, definitely. But enchanted, since he wouldn'tve gotten that at the Temple. ...Wait, you said the bunker had been inactive for thousands of years? Curious. Wonder what he was doing there? I mean, if you didn't see any signs of anything wrong there, he may have just... left an... enchanted weapon in a random bunker for absolutely... no reason?" Goose tilts his head in thought as he hands the
17:17 <Torokasi> scarf back to Crow. "...He'd want you to have it anyway. Maybe it, uh, got teleported in there during the Cataclysm? About the only explanation."
17:21 <AutumnCrow> "I'll hope that's all it is. Or maybe he got teleported away from it, there was a fair amount of people getting warped around even here inside the barrier. I can't imagine how much chaos it caused outside of barriers." Crow takes the scarf back and winds it back around her waist.
17:23 <Torokasi> "That'd make sense, certainly." Goose shakes his head. "I can try to have your uncle do a Sending to him when I get back just to make sure he's okay. Regardless. A bunker, with... functioning overcores? Never heard of those to be honest. Sounds great! I'm glad you all have dived head-first into going out into the Mist - from what Jagden's told me, a lot of M1s fear even heading out after their introductory mission, at least until they're
17:23 <Torokasi> M2s. It's meant to teach caution, sure, but that sounds too much to me!"
17:28 <AutumnCrow> "We have a templar, a ranger who grew up in a travelling caravan, a warblade from the silver guard, one of the best healers in M1, a wanderer, and of course me. And now Marion as well, but she's recent. None of us are afraid of the mist, so long as we don't stay out in it long." Crow smirks with a confidant bearing.
17:32 <Torokasi> "An impressive roster." Goose nods. "Ah, should we find somewhere to sit and chat? I think Duessa's should have some strong tea this early if that sounds pleasant. Oh, are you waiting for the rest of the team?" Behind him, Crow can see Janda returning, her face still slightly slackjawed as she approaches Goose.
17:33 <AutumnCrow> "Well, Solmyr is probably going to sleep until noon at the very least. We can go over to Duessa's for now, sure." Crow notes Janda's approach and waves her over, "any sign of Mare or the boys?"
17:36 <Torokasi> "Ah... hi, Mr. Goose. No, no sign of them - I'm sure Ary and Solmyr will be a while, and Para probably needs some peace. Mare... hm. No sign, no. I'll leave a note at the front desk and we can head over to Duessa's."
17:39 <Torokasi> "Sounds excellent. Shall we head over?" Goose nods to Crow.
17:39 AutumnCrow chuckles at Janda, then nods and heads over
17:41 <Torokasi> The group funnels up into a private room, Goose carrying in two pots of tea and Janda grabbing the cups as they settle in. As the tea is poured, Goose grins, "So tell me everything! It's got to have been incredible to walk into the city for the first time, let alone everything you've been able to do here."
17:44 <AutumnCrow> "I'll be honest, my first thought on entering the city was just 'there are too many people here'," Crow chuckles while accepting her tea, "and I still cannot find my way around anything more complicated than the guild area and the temple district without help. The mist is less confusing than the twists and turns of the residential areas, especially when you take all those invisible block
17:44 <AutumnCrow> party places into account."
17:47 <Torokasi> "Hah. Those still startle me. There's usually something they tie on a post nearby as I recall? Maybe the signs have changed - they probably have, truthfully." Goose chuckles, staring into his tea a bit, smiling. "It's something you'll acclimate to, I'm sure. Dusk still comes back from his trips down here relatively stressed from finding his way around. So you avoided a chimera - an entirely reasonable action, since they're unpredictable at
17:47 <Torokasi> best. Any other interesting encounters?"
17:51 <AutumnCrow> "Well, we've been out into the mist twice since passing the trial. Once on an escort mission for the temple of Ratokyst and once trying to find a door we left our group mark on but the cataclysm happened between the two so we found something else entirely. In the city we dealt with a couple of idiots summoning mephits to terrorize a slum district, helped a freind of Janda's family deal with
17:51 <AutumnCrow> her mist addled elemental lizards, and worked with the temple of the Weeping Lady to catch someone breaking into thier crypt. The culprit was a...well meaning but rather dumb boy who was being tricked by an alchemist. The alchemist is clearly an active mist worshipper and he did get away, unfortunately."
17:51 <AutumnCrow> "I did get the book," Crow beams, "and have actually managed to learn the first stances in it!"
17:54 <Torokasi> "Excellent! I was meaning to ask about the book, yes - glad to hear you've got that down! Yer ma- I mean, Dragon was assuming you'd be able to get it down pat." Goose glows. "Glad to hear the temples have been good sources of work, and... idiots summoning things they shouldn't somehow doesn't surprise me. You've stayed busy, then! Mist worshippers to smash and all." Glancing to Janda, Goose then asks, "What's your friend do with, ah,
17:54 <Torokasi> element lizards?"
17:55 <Torokasi> "She sells them as pets and protectors. They're, uh, popular with the richer families, apparently, as something of a bodyguard." Janda chuckles.
17:56 <Torokasi> "I see, I see. You also saw the dragon, then - Jagden told me about it." Goose leans back a bit. "Sounds bigger than the one I got. I'm a bit envious."
17:58 <AutumnCrow> "Mother would have hated how much it just stayed in air, I'm sure." Crow snickers, "for all that they didn't kill it, I'm glad the trio was able to keep it from attacking the city directly at least."
18:04 <Torokasi> "Definitely. He said tha... well, he mentioned it seemed to be magically resistant to anything they were throwing at it. It's possible there was something else behind it... but who would even know what that would be?" Goose shrugs. "Anyway, stay away from them until your gut says you can take them on."
18:07 <AutumnCrow> "And...well, there's one othe rthing that's been going on, but I'm not sure how much you'd know about it? Apparently I have the ability to...well, manipulate dreams, somehow. The priest of Sath called it a 'Koshinite' ability, and the dream entity I spoke with said it ran in my bloodline, so that seems like something I need to go back and talk to mother about. Have...you ever heard of her,
18:07 <AutumnCrow> or Tree or any of the others doing something like that?"
18:08 <AutumnCrow> "I..." Crow hesistates a bit, "haven't talked to the guild about it yet, since I wanted to talk to mother about it first. And I'm not sure why, but my gut keeps telling me that this is something I shouldn't tell the guild just yet."
18:09 <Torokasi> OOC: Roll sense motive.
18:12 <AutumnCrow> OOC: rolled a 1d20+11 for 18 total.
18:15 <Torokasi> Crow finishes talking, leaving the room silent as Goose stares into his tea contemplatively. "Well. I, uh, don't know anything about any Koshinite or whatever, and can't say I've heard anything about, uh, your mom doing this, or Tree. ...You haven't sent a letter or anything back to your mom about it, or anything?"
18:17 <AutumnCrow> "I was planning a trip back to show the Temple to the others anyway, and it didn't seem like the sort of thing you ask about in a letter," Crow shrugs a bit awkwardly.
18:21 <Torokasi> Goose continues staring into his tea, before Lilian comments, "You tensed up as soon as she said 'manipulate dreams'. ...do you know something we should know?"
18:21 <Torokasi> "...bloody templars of Erest Rosen." Goose grins halfheartedly. "...Yeah. Dreaming talents run on my side of the family. Please tell me they've been relatively calm and lucid, at least?"
18:24 AutumnCrow flicks her eyes between Lilian and her father, smirking as she sips her tea, "I did warn you she was one. And...so far, yes. There's a...sort of staging area that I'm usually alone in, and that's where I spoke to the dream entity. Litas Naemach it called itself, 'the Deciever' is what else I heard it called. From there I can see...archways, paths that lead into the dreams of others,
18:24 AutumnCrow and I can enter those somewhat freely. Though I also get forced out when things change too quickly."
18:25 <Torokasi> The teacup cracks in your dad's hand. "Okay. So, Crow, I need you to do something for me. When you decide you need to go talk to Dragon about this, can you give me... like, one week to run in the opposite direction? As far as I can? I'd like to at least have a sporting chance of escaping her wrath."
18:27 <AutumnCrow> "I don't see why she'd need to be upset," Crow quirks an eyebrow, "if anything it's simply an additional ability that I will master along the path towards mastering the Autumn Temple styles."
18:30 <Torokasi> "..." Goose exhales. "...Your mom was really concerned about any of you kids picking up this, ah, ... 'knack'.  For a variety of reasons. ...You haven't blacked out in battle or anything? Litas didn't try to convince you to help it? Nothing in there has tried to... claim you or anything?"
18:30 <Torokasi> Janda speaks up, "Claim? Like... in what sense?"
18:30 <Torokasi> "Uh. Like, ...in any sense." Goose comments.
18:35 <AutumnCrow> "I...did meet two others there. One a dark haired woman who looked quite a bit like me who simply said that she would protect me while she was there. And...ah..." Crow uncharactaristicly hesitated a bit, "...Autumn Sparrow. Who gave me her strength and asked Litas Naemach to watch over me. She's the one who called it 'the Deciever'. That was during the cataclysm, actually. And it was after
18:35 <AutumnCrow> that, that I was able to start understanding the seasonal stances."
18:37 <Torokasi> At this point, the cup shatters in Goose's hand as his head sinks to the table. "...Fuck. -Sparrow- asked -Litas-?" he asks, his voice muffled. "I'm changing my request to two weeks. ... though if Sparrow is watching over you that's... one major positive note."
18:37 <Torokasi> 0\
18:40 <Torokasi> "I think." he adds after a moment. "Still, asking for two weeks. ...I don't know that much about the dreaming talents, but I'll answer questions if I can."
18:42 <AutumnCrow> "I...am figuring things out as I go, honestly. Lilian's assisting me by letting me use her dream for practice, and I'm doing a decent enough job so far. I am glad to know which side of the family it came from at least."
18:44 <Torokasi> Goose nods slightly. "I ... don't know what Litas has said. From what my dad told me, he never lies, and he's... probably one of the more congenial ones to run into there, if you have to run into ancient abominations that may or may not be able to outright control the Mist?"
18:47 <AutumnCrow> "He did say that he serves a current master, who has also instructed him to aid me. But he would say nothing of who this 'master' is. Ah..." Crow looks over to Lilian, "...I almost forgot about that one that I was pulled into alongside those yeeks. With the castle and the woman. I'd need to go get my journal to ask about the names in that one, unless you remember them offhand?"
18:51 <Torokasi> "...what." Goose's head rears up as he stares at Crow. "He's... been instructed to aid you? Explicitly? That's what he said?"
18:52 <AutumnCrow> "He said that his master told him to assist me as nessecary, should his master foresee the need."
18:56 <Torokasi> "... Okay, I'm past being out of my depth and down to gargling in the lowest levels of the Verxais sewers here." Goose shakes his head. "... I don't know what to suggest to you here. I'm glad you've found a way to take it slow, at least. Just... be very, very careful."
18:58 <AutumnCrow> "I'll be as careful as I know how to be, I promise," Crow can't help but laugh a bit along with her promise.
19:00 <Torokasi> Lilian closes her notebook. "Queen Ersyth VI of Prostavi, and also the yeeks commented that someone from the temple helped out in removing a kobold group menacing them. That's all I've got in here."
19:00 <Torokasi> Goose blinks. "The name doesn't ring anything, but the yeeks... We haven't helped yeeks since I've been there. Ever, really. Curious."
19:04 <AutumnCrow> "I wonder if it wasn't Thunder or Pidgeon, or someone else who left to wander and didn't make it back."
19:07 <Torokasi> "Could be..." Goose shrugs. "Yeek aren't terrible so long as you can tell them you're not there to split them in two. Granted, most of them run from me before I can say anything..."
19:08 <Torokasi> "So... does dreaming potential run through all of your family?" Lilian asks after a moment. "Or does it skip? Do you have it?"
19:10 <Torokasi> "...No, I can't really do anything in dreams unless someone who -can- is there as well. It doesn't skip generations, it just... manifests weirdly, depending on... factors. For me, it's. Um. You three are familiar with psionics, yes? I'm not one by any sense, but... Redel told me once it was 'the mirror of psionic power' - an innate mental power that lashes out."
19:12 <AutumnCrow> "I thought it had some kind of psionic association," Crow nods, "the overcores in the bunker recognized both myself and Para as able to try and...do some basic repairs on them. Para has some basic psionic abilities, a psychic warrior sort. I presumed my own compatability had to do with the dream abilities."
19:15 <Torokasi> "It's likely in the same vein as my own, yes. An innate capacity rather than a... fully-born psionic capacity, but one that indicates mental capacity to handle some psionic tools. May be a useful trick in a fight, if you find psionic tools that help out." Goose nods. "...On lighter news, you all are planning on catching the fireworks tonight, I take it?"
19:16 <AutumnCrow> "That was on the agenda, yes. At least for me, we all operate fairly independantly during downtime."
19:17 <Torokasi> Janda chuckles. "I probably will, yes. It's been a nice change of pace."
19:19 <Torokasi> Lilian nods as well. "How long are you in town?"
19:23 <Torokasi> Goose shrugs. "Probably a few more days, and then, uh... I need to go give Dragon news, it seems. Still, you've come out of everything on top - I wish you luck in continuing to do so, daughter mine!  Mmm... Have you tried Tiya Maxim's restaurant? She's supposedly related to your mom's side of the family very, very distantly, according to Tree - very distant cousins at some level. She's an excellent cook as well, may be willing to give you
19:23 <Torokasi> some advice!"
19:24 <AutumnCrow> "I haven't!" Crow perks up at the thought, "I have been keeping up my cooking skills, we even got a hotstone that I can cook on while camping as a quest reward and I put together a travel spice kit, but I'm always interested in trying something new."
19:27 <Torokasi> "Then I'll take you all there this evening before the fireworks, my treat!" Goose beams. "And ah, a hotstone? Those things are so handy - I never had one, but Jagden introduced me to them. Rare, made of heimotite and white charstone as I recall, but an excellent tool out there!"
19:40 <Torokasi> At this point Mare comes in, and more greetings and conversation happen, with the group eventually filtering back out. Eventually, Janda, Lilian and Mare leave, Crow getting up to follow when Goose says, quieter than normal for him, "One sec, Crow, before you head out. ...Did Autumn Sparrow talk to you directly? Did she call you anything in specific or anything?"
19:42 <AutumnCrow> "No. She just called me 'granddaughter', she was talking to Naemach about me rather than to me."
19:45 <Torokasi> "...Good. On a few levels. If she's recognizing you are Dragon's heir, that's... a major relief. ...Crow. There's something you need to know." Goose inhales, before, "... the wild talent doesn't skip generations, though not every... Most men in the family don't get it."
19:49 <AutumnCrow> "...well that would make it easy to explain why I have it and my brothers don't," Crow smiles, looking very pleased at effectively inheriting two female-only(or female predominant at least) bloodline abilities. "Ah...and I suppose as long as it's just the two of us in here...I should tell you...um. Lilian...and I are actually...dating. She...figured some things out, she's too smart not to.
19:49 <AutumnCrow> And, well, I...wanted to tell you at least, since I'm fairly sure I should say nothing about that to mother."
19:53 <Torokasi> "I... I'm glad for you two, I truly am. So, uh, as long as your mom gets grandchildren she doesn't care either." Goose hurriedly comments., almost babbling. "But, Crow. ... ugh, I'm being a coward. ... The talent is male-only. The women never get it. ...If Sparrow is calling you granddaughter, then it likely doesn't matter, and you mastered that stance, which... but I need to tell you. ...You need to know." <More>
19:54 <Torokasi> "Just in case. I... can't imagine this would stop you from becoming the heir, and I assure you there's basically no one that would figure things out by this - everyone in Teriander passed away before I left anyway, so... but yeah. Your mom knows this, too. I told her it'd be a risk with the boys, but..."
19:56 <AutumnCrow> "Wait...how does it 'not skip generations' and 'not hit most men' but also 'not hit the women at all'?" Crow just stares at her father, "father that makes no sense. If it doesn't affect women and doesn't nessesarit effect men, that's the very definition of skipping generations."
19:57 <Torokasi> "Skipping generations is 'won't hit one generation but will hit the next generation', as far as I knew." Goose moans a bit. "Hitting grandfather and son but not father sort of thing."
19:59 <AutumnCrow> "Ah. I thought it simply meant 'that it doesn't always come up every generation'." Crow sighs, "...alright, well nobody else needs to know that this familial talent is male only so...it's fine. I can use the seasonal stances, and...and Lilian says there's magic out there that will actually fix certain accidents of birth, so we just nee dto find some before it becomes an issue. That's all."
20:01 <Torokasi> "Yeah. There is that magic...  yeah. You've got the stance, you have your grandmother's support... this shouldn't be an issue. ...Sorry." Goose clutches his head. "...Scar-eye may know something. I can... try to ask her discreetly, and if she thinks it's me wanting it for myself, that's fine, whatever."
20:02 <AutumnCrow> "I can make do, I think. I learn better by doing anyway, and am already more proficient than the priest said I should be...more then Litas Naemach said I should be as well."
20:03 <Torokasi> Goose nods slowly. "Yeah, it sounded like that. My dad mentioned needing to practice for a long while to be able to do much there."
20:07 <Torokasi> "...Well, I'm going to go meet with Jagden and try to get an update on what else is happening in other cities. I'll meet you outside your apartment for a trip to Tiya Maxim's this evening, around fifth bell? Their phantom fish isn't to be missed." Goose nods slightly.
20:08 <AutumnCrow> "I'll extend the invitation to the boys as well, I'm sure Ary at least would like to meet you. He's also from Terriander and...well, is the actual primary frontliner of the group, the one who takes the most hits at least. Slightly worse at dodging than you are," Crow snickers.
20:09 <Torokasi> "I refuse to believe there is anyone worse at dodging than I - I'd love to meet him." Goose laughs. "Enjoy the afternoon, and I'll meet up with you then, alright?"
20:10 <AutumnCrow> "Alright!"

Offline Taishyr

  • Vamiro
  • *****
  • Posts: 401
Re: Rank 2, Mission 2: "Laughter and Tears over Tia Marias"
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2017, 06:19:22 pm »
Torokasi> -----------------------------------------
16:42 <Torokasi> Crow, Janda, Lilian, and Goose step outside, Goose looking up. "Shame today's a good day. Jagden's insisted I attend some meetings at the guild hall, and I owe him a favor anyway, so... You three enjoy the festival, and I'll meet you at fifth bell to head over to Tiya Maxim's, all right?"
16:44 <AutumnCrow> "I'm sure he's hoping you'll make all the 'so blunt they border on rude' comments so he doesn't have to," Crow quips with a smile.
16:46 <Torokasi> "He doesn't need to hope I'll do that, Crow." Goose laughs. "I know the people he meets with. I can handle the Guildspeople, but some of the Iron Tower folk need to get that iron out of their backside... Anyway! Enjoy!" With that, he saunters over to the guildhall, Lilian and Janda chuckling a bit as he leaves.
16:48 <Torokasi> Lilian frowns after a moment. "I admit I was expecting the boys or Mare to show up."
16:49 <AutumnCrow> "It was a festival, they probably were just up late partying. Or Ary at least may have gotten up but went straight over to the temple for duties or something," Crow shrugs.
16:49 <Torokasi> "True." Lilian shrugs. "... Do either of you have plans for the day, or...?"
16:51 <AutumnCrow> "Go check back in with Sister Lenneth to see what we're being paid, but that's all."
16:51 <Torokasi> "Let's do that, then, yes." Lilian nods, before glancing to Janda.
16:52 <Torokasi> Janda fluffs a bit of hair in her left hand before nodding. "I'll come with. Not trying to keep the kids company today so I might as well, yes?"
16:53 <AutumnCrow> "Had all of that you could stand yesterday, hmm?" Crow smiles, and gestures for Lilian to lead the way to the temple square.
16:55 <Torokasi> "More that they're being taken to a kid's play today in a soundproofed area, and others are handling the music. Thankfully." Janda chuckled. "I like kids, when I don't have to do anything other than play music..." With that, they follow Lilian to the Temple of Magdanae. <More>
17:00 <Torokasi> Lilian, Crow, and Janda are brought short from getting to the front door by... massive crowds. The Temple Circle is literally packed with people, the cacophony overwhelming. Lilian shakes her head mutely as Janda crinkles her nose, Lilian leading the group to the wall between the Guild and the back door of the Temple where the crowd is at least navigable. "We can try to make it in from a back entrance, hopefully." she calls over the
17:00 <Torokasi> crowd's noise.
17:01 AutumnCrow follows along with Lilian but scans over the crowd to see if this mass of people seems happy and celebrating the festival...or upset about something and going to the temples for answers.
17:05 <Torokasi> They seem pretty happy, though there are some upset faces... glancing it over, though, they may be people who had hoped to be closer to the center of the Temple Circle, as they're mostly trying to push inward? Lilian continues navigating inward, before running into a few men dressed in the dark purple of the Temple of Magdanae. "Official business?" one asks politely, the space behind him much less crowded - entirely occupied by others of
17:05 <Torokasi> the Temple, at a glance.
17:07 <AutumnCrow> "Yes," Crow answers simply, "we delivered some things for Sister Lenneth yesterday and were hoping to discus collecting our compensation today, but if things are too busy and she doesn't have the time we can come back. Actually if now isn't good, I'd appriciate if she could just send a message to the guild for when would be the best time."
17:08 <Torokasi> "Would you be the people she hired for delivery yesterday?" the other temple guard asks, fishing in his robe for something.
17:09 <Torokasi> Lilian nods. "Yes, we are."
17:11 AutumnCrow just nods.
17:13 <Torokasi> Fumbling for a second longer, the guard pulls out a note. "Sorry, one sec..." He mutters quietly as he reads, before, "She isn't available to meet right now, no. I'll definitely make sure to pass on the message. Yadda yadda... 'Guildspeople here to see anyone other tha-' wait, no, she's on that list too. Damn and blast. Okay, yeah, she's not available."
17:14 <Torokasi> The first guard looks over at the second one with vague incredulity, before shaking his head. "Yes. Sorry, but we'll make sure she gets back to you as soon as possi-" OOC: Notice check, can't take 10.
17:14 <AutumnCrow> "That's fine, it was just a simple job," Crow offers a smile so he knows she's not going to bitch at him for being told no. "Passing along the message will be fine." (OOC: Lolnotice. 10)
17:16 <Torokasi> "-ble." The guard finishes, before both look at Lilian curiously, who has turned to look west rather sharply. "What is it?"
17:17 <Torokasi> "...I think that was an explosion." Lilian mutters. Some of the crowd has turned in that direction, but most of them seem to not have noticed. "It was barely audible, but it sounded like something large crashing."
17:18 <AutumnCrow> "Well why don't we go make sure nobody's trying to burn down the city or something, then." Crow nods, and again motions for Lilian to lead the way.
17:19 <Torokasi> "Or... something? It was far away and damn loud." She says after a moment. "Yeah. Uh, yes, let's do that." With that she leads the way through the crowd at a surprisingly fast clip... <More>
17:21 AutumnCrow will quite cheerfully and imperiously snap at people to get out of thier way if anyone is being a particularly inconvenient barrier, as they go.
17:26 <Torokasi> As they move, Crow can sense the crowd getting more and more agitated as the news and concern seems to ripple through the crowds, some guards at the edge trying to move people further into the Temple Circle with others beginning to move west as well. Fortunately, people seem more than happy to move closer to the temples when possible, giving Crow, Lilian, and Janda a relatively easy way through to the edge of the Circle and out onto the
17:26 <Torokasi> west thoroughfare - which is even more packed, somehow, the panic visible here amongst everyone as people try to move out of the street and into the Temple Circle. <More>
17:29 <Torokasi> Lilian hisses quietly and pulls the group into a relatively empty side alley, looking down it. "I mainly want stairs up right now so we can see what's going on from a rooftop level..." she mutters. "Looks like the adjacent street's also packed, but maybe one of these side doors in this complex...?"
17:31 <AutumnCrow> "I can go up even the slightest incline if there's no actual stairwell..." Crow looks around for anything like that, or any building that looks like it shoudl have roof access.
17:36 <Torokasi> "... The wall a bit ahead is slanted inward. Too steep for me or Janda to climb, so we'll look down here, but maybe you can climb up it?" Indeed, one section of the wall is slanted for rain to slide down it, a few windows and pock marks available as well.
17:37 AutumnCrow shifts into step of the wind stance and straight up tries to jump up the wall and walk up it! (OOC: taking 10 on jump for 18 to get up, rolled 23 for balance since that may be a bit much for stance alone?)
17:47 <Torokasi> Okay, maybe slant was generous as a term, but it's still enough - with Step of the Wind, Crow's able to balance just long enough to keep jumping and moving upward until the entire wall is scaled, although the final few inches are a bit of a scrabble - which is alleviated by a hand sticking out and helping her up, an old Talkyr with a bemused expression. "Ah, youss's Guild - explains the hurry." They nod slightly. "Looks like a right mess
17:47 <Torokasi> over to the west." <More>
17:48 <Torokasi> To the west, at one of the smaller town squares, is... chaos. Crow can barely make out more blimps flying around in the air around the square, but they don't seem to be doing anything other than buzzing in the air - yet everyone seems to be fleeing the area.
17:51 AutumnCrow nods gratefully to the old man, then sizes up the situation and calls back down to the others, "Looks like more blimps! They're not doing anything but everyone's running away, must be something going on I can't see from here. It's..." she looks back to size up how far and what direction...then calls back down the directions to Lilian and Janda, "go on ahead, I'll catch up!"
17:54 <Torokasi> Lilian and Janda nod at the directions, Lilian glancing back up as the two move south to try and make it through the street there. The rooftop itself is rather busy with people, but everyone is looking west all across the complex. The old man shakes his head slightly. "Blimps? Those damn things painted my husband blue and set his ears on fire. Don't know why they've been ashowin' up late."
17:57 <AutumnCrow> "I don't either, but after the cataclysm nothing really surprises me," Crow shrugs, "thank you for the hand up, fortunately down is easier." And with that...she makes sure her footing is good and uses the stance to slide back down the way she came if there is no easier way down in sight, and quickly moves to catch up with the other girls!
18:05 <Torokasi> Lilian nods to Crow as the three meet back up, Lilian managing to get the group across the next street. "I think there's an alley we can use up ahead to get close to where you're talking about. More blimps, though? Let's hope they stay disinterested..."
18:06 <AutumnCrow> "There has to be more going on, people wouldn't run from blimps like that unless they were either already attacking or something else was going on," Crow continues helping to bully thier way through crowds when nessesary as they go.
18:07 <Torokasi> "Definitely. Let's go handle this." Lilian nods, leading the way and letting Crow intimidate people out of the way when necessary.
18:22 <Torokasi> The group finally gets to the end of the alley and then back to the street, where the area has cleared enough to see the town square! A large number of crates are smoldering on the ground, and the air seems saturated with energy even from where Crow stands. Near the center, clear enough to see, is... a grey-furred creature, horn-like protusions jutting out of its body - especially from its skull, chest, and legs. Four red eyes glow
18:22 <Torokasi> slightly, Mist leaking from them and from its feet, as it searches the wreckage of the crates.  The blimps seem to be afraid of it, a few daring to dart in close but then darting away before it turns to lash out at them.
18:23 AutumnCrow snaps her scarf into combat position, "...well. Now where did YOU come from? And do either of you two know what that is?"
18:25 <Torokasi> Lilian and Janda move into combat-ready positions as well. "Thaaaat..." Lilian mutters, looking at it with concern.
18:26 <Torokasi> Janda is quiet a moment, before, "That would be a Mist-tainted. A creature formerly servant to the gods, but claimed by the Mists. How it got here, though..."
18:28 AutumnCrow moves slowly to make sure it can't suddenly rush either Lilian or Janda without being punished for it, "...is that so? Are these creatures too powerful for the three of us, and will it go on some kind of rampage if we have to call for reinforcements?"
18:30 <AutumnCrow> (OOC: Crow is not opening hostilities yet, but has an action readied if it moves towards them or tries to run away)
18:31 <Torokasi> "Rampage is possible. This one..." Janda's voice pauses. "I think we can kill it. Well. I think you two can kill it. I don't think I can hit hard enough to puncture its skin. Most of the scarier ones have weapons or multiple heads or something, or are magic-users."
18:31 <Torokasi> "It's looking through the wreckage manually, trying to swat at the blimps manually. If it has magic it doesn't have much. I think we can take it." Lilian agrees.
18:33 <AutumnCrow> "So it's looking for something. All the more reason to put a stop to that. Lilian, get ready to cut it off if it triesto get away from me. Janda, start singing." Crow gives her orders with clarity, aware that she is probably being watched by townspeople and needs to put on a good show. (OOC: ready to go as soon as Janda sings!)
18:35 <Torokasi> "Right!" Janda nods slightly, before her song begins! The creature doesn't seem to notice the song...! OOC: You get a surprise round because it's not paying great attention and didn't hear Janda. It's 35 ft away. Also, init. Lilian isn't acting on her surprise round, holding instead to follow Crow's instructions, unless I'm not thinking of something she could do.
18:36 <AutumnCrow> (OOC: Crow Init 16+3 for Janda's aura so 19.)
18:37 Torokasi set the topic: Init: Janda > Crow > Mist-tainted > Lilian
18:39 AutumnCrow dashes towards the creature, focusing to mask her hostile intent until the last possible moment, then lashing out with her scarf! (OOC: Move 30ft in, normal attack. 2 into Combat Expertise, current AC is 23. Attack 1d20+7 = 24. Damage 1d6+6 = 9)
18:45 <Torokasi> The creature's head snaps up just as Crow lashes out, its eye wincing as the scarf slams straight into its nose, a... unsettling not-crack heard as it rears back in pain! Growling, it stumbles forward, one claw whiffing through the air - but the second comes down hard, Crow getting lightly scraped by it as she shifts back! OOC: Janda and Lilian are holding until you ask them to jump in and heal or attack, Janda's singing until then. Your
18:45 <Torokasi> action.
18:45 Torokasi set the topic: Init: Janda > Crow (3 damage taken) > Mist-tainted (7 damage taken) > Lilian
18:50 <AutumnCrow> "Hmph. Not nearly enough," Crow smirks while shifting slightly to the side, trying to ensure that if it tries to break it's best avenue is towards Lilian, the rapidly lashing out again, low, high, low, a series of blows designed to leave it baffled what angle the attacks are coming from! (OOC: 5ft step to the side, flurry. No more CE, AC is back to 21. summer Stance for the +1 attack rolls.
18:50 <AutumnCrow> Attack 1: 1d20+9 = 18. Attack 2: 1d20+9 = 20. Damage 1: 1d6+6 = 11. Damage 2: 1d6+6 = 8.)
18:56 Torokasi set the topic: Init: Janda > Crow (3 damage taken) > Mist-tainted (22 damage taken) > Lilian
18:57 <Torokasi> The scarf slams into the creature once, then twice, both blows causing the same sickening sound as it rears back, bellowing, its fur turning a putrid yellow wherever it's been struck! The air shimmers for a moment... OOC: One second
18:59 <Torokasi> ...before the air seems to snap around the creature, three blimps appearing! ...they quickly dart away, however, the beast growling and swiping at one in aggravation! OOC: Crow's action.
19:03 <AutumnCrow> "...Is THIS thing making the blimps?" Crow is startled enough that she almost drops her defenses, but recovers her step and keeps up the assault! (Well, another flurry seems in order then. Attack 1: 1d20+9 = 27. woulda been a crit on fan -_-. Attack 2: 1d20+9 = 17. Damage 1: 1d6+6 = 10. Dmage 2: 1d6+6 = 10. Consistancy!)
19:06 Torokasi set the topic: Init: Janda > Crow (3 damage taken) > Mist-tainted (40 damage taken) > Lilian
19:11 <Torokasi> The first blow lands square on its chest, stunning it enough for the second to nail its arm! More yellowing fur appears as the creature, clearly badly wounded, lashes out at Crow in rage! However, both swipes swing wide, Crow's scarf confusing it... or so she thought until the second arm slashes across her with one of the horn-like protrusions as it passes!
19:11 Torokasi set the topic: Init: Janda > Crow (12 damage taken) > Mist-tainted (40 damage taken) > Lilian
19:15 <AutumnCrow> "Tssss...stubborn aren't you?" Shifting slightly, Crow changes her tactic, baiting out an overreach with a measured step backwards and then slicing her scarf downward, aiming for a spot of fur she had already yellowed with the previous blows to see what THAT did! (OOC: 2 into CE, AC is now 23. Using  Saph. Nightmare Blade. Concentration 1d20+9 = 21, since I know that's higher than the AC...
19:15 <AutumnCrow> Attack: 1d10+9 vs Flat Footed = 18. Damage 1d6+6+4+1d6 = 19)
19:16 <AutumnCrow> (OOC: that's clearly 1d20+9, not 1d10. Tyops)
19:17 <Torokasi> The creature brings forward its arm to try and block... which fails entirely against the downward blow, the blow landing! A shudder, and... the creature shatters like glass, shards flying everywhere! OOC: Reflex.
19:18 AutumnCrow is clearly caught off guard by the creature suddenly EXPLODING and does not dodge very well! (OOC: 1d20+9 = ....14?)
19:19 <Torokasi> The shards needle Crow's skin, most missing but a few puncturing, causing slight bleeding but nothing more as they dissolve into mist! OOC: Free act.
19:20 AutumnCrow winces as the shards slice her a bit, though she manages to protect her face with the scarf. Once the splatter is past, she calls out in a flat voice, "...Janda. You neglected to tell me that they explode when you kill them."
19:20 <Torokasi> "You alright, Crow?" Janda hustles up. "I... hadn't ever heard that part before! Don't blame me, okay?"
19:21 <AutumnCrow> "Well I could use a healing spell, and now I'll have to go home and change." standing still so Janda can heal her, she looks over the boxes, "what could it have been looking for in that pile?"
19:24 <Torokasi> Janda nods and begins healing her as Lilian advances, glancing up briefly before toward the boxes, moving to check them. "... I can't tell what was supposed to be in these." Lilian comments, before moving one slightly with her sword. "There were... papers? Some fireworks, it looks like..." Lilian pauses. "Let me try..." Her lips part for a familiar incantation...
19:25 <Torokasi> ...before her hands clap up to cover her eyes, Lilian swearing loudly and jumping back.
19:26 <AutumnCrow> "...what's wrong?"
19:27 <Torokasi> "I think there was a spellclash here too. My spell went haywire when I tried to use it." Lilian mutters, blinking wildly. "Stung my eyes. Glad it didn't do more, I guess... ...if divine spells work, maybe you can see what's going on, Janda?"
19:28 Torokasi set the topic: Init: Janda > Crow > Lilian (1 morale damage taken)
19:28 <AutumnCrow> "Rather than risk adding to a spellclash, I'm going to suggest we go get someone to clean this up. Do we take this to the guild or the temples?"
19:30 <Torokasi> "Both." Janda notes. "Guild for helping people stay away and probably cleaning up the blimps, temple for individuals trained to clean spellclashes up. You two head to the Guild, I'll get to the Temple of the Weeping Lady and make sure they get in touch with everyone else?"
19:31 <AutumnCrow> "Hmm." Crow thinks a moment, "Reverse order, Janda you go to the guild, Lilian you go to the Temples since you can invoke your status as a templar to order people to get out of your way, I'll stand guard here until you get back and make sure nothing else goes wrong."
19:33 <AutumnCrow> "Go straight for Ramedo, but if you pass any of the boys tell them to get out here and help me secure the area," Crow adds after a second.
19:34 <Torokasi> Janda and Lilian both nod, Lilian squeezing Crow's shoulder as the two sprint out back into the crowds, a few people cheering from the rooftops and streets as they pass.
19:34 <AutumnCrow> (OOC: Crow will pop any lingering blimps that she can easily get to without moving more than a few paces from the pile while waiting)
19:37 <Torokasi> The blimps... are staying well above the rooftops, actually, one or two swooping to just within range and getting popped by Crow but the rest seemingly not interested in risking anything. It's only a few seconds longer before Crow hears Mare's voice, "Crow! Is everythi-... that's a lot of smoldering boxes."
19:39 <AutumnCrow> "There was a magic clash, apparently. A mist-tainted creature was sifting through them and spawned blimps when I hit it, then exploded into glass when  I hit it harder." She shakes her head, "I suppose you ran into Janda?"
19:42 <Torokasi> "Magic clash... right, I won't try anything. " Mare snorts, before shaking her head. "I heard the explosion but it took me apparently a bit too long to get here. Did anyone see how the Mist-tainted creature got here?' Marion comments, looking around.
19:44 <AutumnCrow> "I haven't asked, since nobody's been getting closer than shouting range and I'm just...making sure nothing else happens until the guild or temple personel get here." Crow shrugs, "though if you'd like to ask around that would be helpful, I'm sure."
19:46 <Torokasi> "Sure. I can't do much else without using magic." Mare smiles ruefully, glancing at the boxes again before shrugging and jogging over to the nearest bystander.
19:51 <Torokasi> It takes a while, but eventually Mare jogs back. "No one says they saw what happened, just people screaming and running. The best I heard was that the creature itself seemed... dazed? So people had time to escape, and it seemed to be angry and summoning a lot of the blimp- huh, there's a lot less now. Summoned creatures, unlike the previous ones...?" Looking up, most of the blimps have vanished, only a few remaining.  "Anyway, whatever
19:51 <Torokasi> happened, it got summoned by or within the explosion, and was apparently trying to do more but failed?"
19:52 <AutumnCrow> "It was trying to sift through the boxes, yes. Who knows for what, Lilian didn't sort through them much before I decided this was outside of our skillset."
19:55 <Torokasi> "...Through the boxes, eh." Mare glances over, leaning down and examining them. "...in the middle of the square..."
19:59 <Torokasi> After a solid minute of poking through the crate wreckage, Mare stands up, shaking her head. "These look like low-quality fireworks, but some of these boxes have writing on the inside. Unreadable now, of course, but... this looks like a deliberate incident right now to me."
19:59 <AutumnCrow> "...do you think it was magical writing?"
20:01 <Torokasi> "I would guess so, yes. Each of the boxes with writing inside have slightly different writing... Who knows what the actual plan was, though? I doubt this was it, given how much planning this probably took and how badly it seems to have gone." Mare shrugs slightly.
20:03 <AutumnCrow> "Well, I'm sure whoever Ramedo sends to look into this will figure something out. At the very least where these came from." Crow shrugs, unable to really figure what else she can do right now.
20:04 <Torokasi> "Yeah." Mare nods.
20:07 <Torokasi> It's only a bit longer before Janda and multiple other guildspeople - some M3s Crow hasn't met before, and other guild members as well - arrive on the scene. Lilian's only a minute or so later with individuals from the Temples, as well. After explaining the situation, both meet up with Crow and Mare. "Temple Circle is officially a circus." Lilian complains, rubbing dirt out of her hair. "Apparently there was an unrelated incident in the
20:07 <Torokasi> east and so the entire area is overfull with people."
20:08 <AutumnCrow> "Wonderful. Well I hope if there was a mist-tainted over there too that someone strong enough was nearby to take care of it," Crow sighs, and steps aside to turn the scene over to whoever from the guild seems in charge.
20:11 <Torokasi> "It was apparently just some brats that decided using an illusion spell to scare a large crowd in front of a Magdanae service was a good idea. Nowhere near this bad, but..." Lilian shakes her head as the four step to the side. The lead of the Guild group comes over, a wiry-looking, black-furred Talkyr with shockingly large eyes.
20:12 <AutumnCrow> "Interfering with a Magdanae service sounds like an excelent way to get punched. Either by a worshipper or the priest." Crow deadpans as she rolls her eyes.
20:14 <Torokasi> "Yeah, it really is." Lilian laughs. "The priest caught them, sounds like. Oh, Crow, this is Mae, the Guildperson in charge of investigations like this."
20:14 <Torokasi> Mae nods slightly to Crow. "Thank you for your assistance containing the threat. Is there anything I should know."
20:14 AutumnCrow gives a respectful half bow to Mae.
20:16 <AutumnCrow> "Marion found some writing inside the boxes that contained fireworks, it may have been magical writing," Crow points to the boxes in question, "and some of the blimps have been vanishing, as if they were summoned by the creature that we defeated and the duration just...ran out, I supposed."
20:19 <Torokasi> Mae looks up to the few remaining blimps. "Curious. We will ensure investigation of the writing. Magical writing could indicate a deliberate plan. Thank you, Crow, Marion." Mae nods slightly again, before looking to a few of the other guildspeople and gesturing to the boxes. "Thank you for bringing us, and your explanation, Janda. Lilian, I will see you in prayer at some point, I am sure." With that and what almost looked like a smile
20:19 <Torokasi> toward Lilian, Mae moves away to examine the boxes as the priests and mages from the temples begin their work.
20:21 <Torokasi> Janda exhales. "She's... awesome but intense. Uh, so magical writing inside the boxes... ah, it'd indicate a plan because normally wards are on the outside so they're visible, I see."
20:22 <AutumnCrow> "Well if we aren't needed for anything else, I'd like to go change...and I may need my clothes mended..." Crow picks at where her robe got punctured by a claw swipe and a glassplosion
20:22 <Torokasi> "Yeah, let's go get you back to the guild." Lilian smiles apologetically. "We can definitely figure out getting clothes mended as well."
20:23 AutumnCrow shakes her head, "who would benefit causing a magic clash, though? It's unpredictable what will happen, from my understanding."
20:24 <Torokasi> Mare hums. "It may not have been the plan to cause a clash. One spell may have triggered another, and then suddenly there's too much magic and whatever was in the boxes may have exploded..."
20:25 <Torokasi> "Or... ... let's just get back to the Guild, get changed, and then be ready to act if needed. My gut's telling me the day isn't over yet." Lilian mutters.
20:27 <AutumnCrow> "I'll trust your gut on that," Crow nods, "while I'm changing someone round up the boys."
20:28 <Torokasi> "Got it. I'll run ahead and cover that." Mare nods as the four head back...
20:28 <Torokasi> -------------------------------------------

Offline Taishyr

  • Vamiro
  • *****
  • Posts: 401
Re: Rank 2, Mission 2: "Laughter and Tears over Tia Marias"
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2018, 06:03:05 pm »
<Torokasi> Lilian, Janda and Crow hustle back to the Guild, Mare running ahead to notify the boys. Lilian seems able to avoid the crowds wherever possible, and Crow is able to command the remainder to move way as needed. It's as they reach the Temple Circle that Lilian slows slightly, the massive crowds looking to be difficult to navigate. Sighing, she leads the trio down a side path, before stopping at the end of it. "Janda, you and Crow go to the
16:52 <Torokasi> Guild. I'm going to stop in with the Temple and ... I've got a hunch and I want to see if I'm right. We'll meet outside our dorm with the boys and figure out our next move once you change, Crow?" Lilian offers.
16:53 <AutumnCrow> "That's fine. Shouldn't take me long so we'll wait out here for you," Crow nods and heads back up to her room to change!
16:56 <Torokasi> "Right." Lilian nods, dodging into the crowd as Crow heads up to change! On coming back down, most the group has assembled in front of the dorm. Ary, Solmyr, Janda and Mare seem to be talking animatedly, and Para is lingering behind Ary, listening, but nods to Crow as she approaches. "...More than normal chaos, it sounds like." he murmurs. "Noisy."
16:58 <AutumnCrow> "There was more nonsense with blimps out there, and a mist tainted creature that seemed to be spawning them. And that's not the only disturbance going on I think," Crow shakes her head, coming back down with a brush in hand and finding a place to sit and work any stray crap that got tangled up in her hair out while they wait for Lilian.
17:00 <Torokasi> Para shakes his head. "A lot of Guildies aren't here either..."
17:01 <AutumnCrow> "I presume they've been called out to help?" Crow shrugs, "though I grant the guild does seem a bit too loosely organized for that sometimes."
17:01 <Torokasi> Solmyr chuckles slightly. "Yeah. A firework went off early in the southeast, which would've been fine except it was one of the custom-Magdanae ones, illusion and transmutation magics. Caused a lot of chaos, some people went down there to help."
17:03 <Torokasi> Ary shrugs. "In part, it sounds like the City Guard resents having Guild people intrude in a lot of affairs, at least higher up. So we only tend to act on stuff that isn't more... traditional issues? But it also leads to us not really having the organization to be coherent at times like this, yes."
17:03 <AutumnCrow> "I hope it wasn't one of the batch we delivered," Crow grumbles, "though Sister Lenneth did say others had already been attacked. Who in the world is behind THAT concerted of an effort to get fireworks, honestly?"
17:04 <Torokasi> Mare shakes her head. "That may be what Lilian's looking int-" OOC: Will save.
17:04 <AutumnCrow> OOC: Crows a bit distracted at the moment it seems. 1d20+9 will save = 15
17:08 <Torokasi> The entire group seems to jump slightly as a sound akin to a woman wailing practically seems to surround them all at once, curdlingly-high pitched and echoing... and lasting... and seeming to last for days before a silence envelops the party. Ary is the first to speak. "Uh. That... wasn't any Talmen. That has to have been magi- Janda, you okay?"
17:08 <Torokasi> Janda's hands are clasped firmly over her ears, her eyes tightly shut. At Ary's hand, she stiffens, before slowly opening her eyes and lifting her hands away. "I-... I..."
17:09 <Torokasi> After a moment, she shakes her head, sweat on her brow. "I'm okay. Thought my heart was going to burst out of my chest for a moment..."
17:10 AutumnCrow twitches, "Where did that even come from..." looking at Janda and leaving her to Ary for a moment, she looks over to Marion and Solmyr, "either of you know what magic that could be at this sort of distance? No one cast something where we can see it..."
17:15 <Torokasi> Solmyr looks absolutely dumbfounded, but Mare tilts her head in thought. "...Some sort of fear magic attached to sound. Normally that wouldn't have much of a radius, but there's a kind of firecracker called a screamer - it's possible someone cursed one of, or a set of-" The same scream comes again, just as loud and piercing, though even Janda doesn't flinch so much as scowl this time. After it fades, Mare continues, "...set of them. Aren't
17:15 <Torokasi> they illegal, though, Solmyr?"
17:16 <Torokasi> Janda answers instead, "Definitely. They've been illegal for a long time, but usually people make one or two homemade ones. ...Nothing like this, though."
17:19 <AutumnCrow> "And would these screamers be anything that would have been in the church of Magdanae's shipments?" Crow sighed, directing the question to Solmyr, "how law abiding does the church tend to be in those regards?"
17:22 <Torokasi> "Uh." Solmyr finally seems to gather his wits, shaking his head slightly. "Entirely legal. They're already on the coals enough with the Iron Tower, they wouldn't risk any contraband getting into the fireworks. It's why they normally have Temple servants go with the shipments, and why they had to hire you all on to help this year, I'd imagine."
17:25 <AutumnCrow> "So we have stolen fireworks, with a concerted effort no less, then illegal cursed fireworks from a different source." Crow stands up, putting her brush down on the bench for now, "someone has been planning whatever this is for entirely too long I think."
17:29 <Torokasi> "Yeah." This comes from a breathless Lilian, panting slightly as she meets the group.  "We've had incidents in the west, the east, and the southeast with some transmutation magic mishaps, and then the screamers which were coming from the southwest..."
17:31 <Torokasi> "...North, next?" Ary glances to Lilian. "But why?"
17:34 <AutumnCrow> "...none of these are strong enough incidents to be dangerous on thier own outside of causing chaos. This is too much effort to just cause chaos randomly," Crow looks around, "...not a lot of guild people...no I don't think we'll be going north to the next inevitable incident. I think we'll be waiting right here for whoever is trying to draw away all the guild personel from the guild grounds."
17:35 <Torokasi> Lilian nods. "Not just guild people. Guilds people, temple experts, and guards. All being drawn away from the center... while everyone else is being pressed toward here."
17:37 <Torokasi> Ary shakes his head. "Except.. this is also four different methods and from Mare's description, the west side may not have even gone off right. The east side was a bunch of kids. I'm willing to buy someone's trying to cause chaos but I'm not sure there's a grand focus at work here. If there is, much too much has been left to chance."
17:37 <Torokasi> "I mean, if it's our decision to stay here, that makes sense - you're both right in that people are being drawn away from the center. I'm just concerned we could be out-thinking ourselves here."
17:39 <AutumnCrow> "We don't have the right skillset for handling random chaotic incidents." Crow nods, "we DO have the right skillset to deal with any potential mastermind or opportunistic types that go for a strike at the center. Also, we did recently let a mist worshipping alchemist slip through our fingers, one who was after things from at least one temple, and all of this chaos does seem like exactly the
17:39 <AutumnCrow> sort of things he would have the skillset to engineer, hmm?"
17:41 <Torokasi> "... Good point." Ary nods. "Do we want to try and set up watch somewhere specific, then?"
17:42 <AutumnCrow> "Lilian, you're the lucky one. Call it, what's the target here, guild or temples? We go to reinforce one, and warn someone at the other of our suspicions."
17:44 <Torokasi> Lilian pauses in thought...
17:47 <Torokasi> "... Temple Circle feels like the likely target. If they wanted to hit the Guild, a focused attack in one or two places probably would have done it. The pushing people into the center can't be a coincidence." Lilian decides after a second. "And there's another reason to not worry about the Guild - Jagden's back, and Wild Goose is here as well. We notify them and then go to the circle and see if we can figure out a good position. That make
17:47 <Torokasi> sense to everyone?"
17:49 <AutumnCrow> "That's fine by me. The rest of you head to the temple, if any specific temple is a target it's probably the Weeping Lady since they were already being scoped out by that alchemist. I'll go let Ramedo know our suspicions and catch up to you there."
17:53 <Torokasi> The rest of the group nods and heads out, leaving Crow to go find Ramedo. It takes a bit longer than expected - his office is locked and the staff isn't the best at directions, but eventually Crow arrives in a small waiting area on the sixth floor, a deer-horned lady sitting behind an elegant desk next to a thick wood door. She glances at Crow and smiles cheerfully, if vacantly, as Crow approaches. "I'm sorry, but the meeting is still in
17:53 <Torokasi> session. If I can have your name and rank I can make sure your superior gets back to you as soon as possible."
17:55 <AutumnCrow> "Autumn Crow, M1, and if Wild Goose is involved in said meeting I'm his daughter so he'll want me to interrupt. If not I'll just leave a message with you here for Ramedo since I do need to be going."
17:57 <Torokasi> "Ah, okay~" The lady bobs her head slightly, heading to the door and swinging it open quietly. Crow can faintly hear voices arguing, but the door doesn't open far enough to see in; instead, the lady steps back and Wild Goose steps out, looking relieved if bewildered at Crow's presence.
18:01 <AutumnCrow> "I'd apologize for dragging you out of the meeting, but somehow I doubted you'd mind," Crow smirks, then quickly follows up, "with all the incidents out in the city, happening everywhere except here in the center, my team is suspecting that the mist worshipping alchemist we exposed but couldn't capture may be behind some of it and his true target may well be either the temple square or here
18:01 <AutumnCrow> at the guild. Manifold is going to station ourselves at the temple square just in case, and to help maintain order, until things settle down."
18:04 <AutumnCrow> "There's mist tainted creatures, stolen fireworks, cursed illegal fireworks...screamers Solmyr called them, and other things that all seem to be within an alchemist's skillset going on, and since we couldn't capture him and last time he was targetting the temple of the Weeping Lady..." Crow shrugs, "it seems reasonable at least. We just wanted to let Ramedo know since he's our superiour...but
18:04 <AutumnCrow> since you'r ein that meeting anyway..." Crow smiles up sweetly at her father, "can you just let him know? I should be catching up with the others."
18:06 <Torokasi> "..." Wild Goose stares at Crow for a second, before, "Everything going wrong, pattern seems to be that the Temple of the Weeping Lady or the Guild could be next target, let Ramedo know. Okay, got it. Is there enough of a threat to the city that the meeting should stop early?"
18:08 <AutumnCrow> "Honestly, we have no idea. I can't really gauge threats on a city level, I'm still getting used to how the city works. Things are going wrong just about everywhere though, and there's a lot of people confused, scared and angry outside. Someone strong and popular from the guild making a public appearance to tell everyone to calm down sooner rather than later might not be a bad idea, though."
18:10 <Torokasi> Goose breaks into a wide grin and grabs Crow in a big hug. "Thanks for the surprise present, dear!" With that, he drops Crow and practically dashes back into the room, the door closing behind him.
18:11 <Torokasi> The deer lady's smile still hasn't moved as she glances from the door back to Crow. "I suspect he's wanted this meeting over for at least a few hours."
18:11 <AutumnCrow> "Oh no doubt of that, he hates talking about things when he could be doing them instead," Crow snickers, then waves and heads out at a good clip towards the temple square.
18:15 <Torokasi> Leaving the Guildhall, thankfully, is much faster than navigating it, and getting to the Temple Circle from there isn't difficult... or it wouldn't be, except the crowds in the center of town have practically backed up all the way to the Guild gates, with the gates closed to stop people from wandering into the Guild. The guard glances at Crow. "Are you trying to head into the Temple Circle or away from it? The crowds are packed already, so
18:15 <Torokasi> early in the afternoon..."
18:17 <AutumnCrow> "Into. My team is already there, we're going to help with security in that area," Crow looks around, "if there's a path up, I can just go over the wall if you don't want to open the gate."
18:20 <Torokasi> "Security? ...Your best bet is going out the other entrance of Duessa's Redoubt, into the area behind the Temple of Magdanae. If you're working security they should be willing to at least let you through. No real good way over or through here, I'm afraid - I'd open the door and let people in but we aren't scheduled to open for another three hours. Sorry." The guard shrugs apologetically. "If they don't let you through at the Temple of
18:20 <Torokasi> Magdanae you can go up the stairs in Duessa's Redoubt onto the wall and find a way down from there. Good luck."
18:21 <AutumnCrow> "They'll let me through, I'm sure. Thank you!" Crow heads that way towards the back entrance through the temple of Magdanae.
18:26 <Torokasi> It doesn't take long to get through Duessa's Redoubt, given the only people in there are priests of Magdanae in various phases of setting up. On opening the back door, Crow steps into total bedlam. Priests and followers of Magdanae are rushing everywhere, and Crow can see the guards trying to keep people out of the alley - and clearly much further back than they were earlier in the morning, the crowds still pushing inward.  Straight in
18:26 <Torokasi> front of her, however, is an open door - and through it, Crow can see through multiple other open doors, and then the altar in the Temple, with a relatively clear path all the way through.
18:27 AutumnCrow simply walks straight through, making sure her guild pin is visible on her robe.
18:30 <Torokasi> OOC: Roll... ...Bluff, +2 for the pin
18:31 <AutumnCrow> OOC: Can I take 10 for a 16?
18:32 <Torokasi> OOC: Not in this case.
18:32 <AutumnCrow> OOC: roll 1d20+4+2 = huh, 21 actually.
18:35 <Torokasi> Three different people seem to approach Crow as she strides through the Temple... but seem to look away or find something else to be concerned about after a moment, leaving Crow free to walk straight through without harassment into the main part of the Temple! And here, a rather-exhausted looking Sister Lenneth is directing staff around, guards at the front keeping crowds out of the temple. As Crow draws nearer, Lenneth looks over and
18:35 <Torokasi> blinks. "Is there a matter, Autumn Crow?"
18:38 <AutumnCrow> "I'm going to hope we're wrong, but there might well be yes." Crow quickly explains about her suspicions, espcially regarding that alchemist, and how the rest of her group is already here checking in at the temple of the weeping lady. After the explanation she adds, "getting through the front way was impossible because of the crowds, so I needed to cut through the back here and thought I
18:38 <AutumnCrow> should keep you informed anyway."
18:39 <AutumnCrow> As a quick afterthougt she also adds, "We do know the alchemist can fly as well, through some magical means. If he is sighted, that will surely come into play with these crowds."
18:42 <Torokasi> Lenneth's back straightens. "Indeed. Thank you dearly for the information... I was wondering what that banshee-like howling was." A soft exhalation, then, "I'll send envoys to the other Temples and we'll begin trying to figure out how to - flight." At this, Lenneth... smiles, a wide, almost wicked smile. "Oh, if he tries that tonight, he'll learn why this is Magdanae's night. ...Regardless, thank you. Good luck getting through to the
18:42 <Torokasi> Temple of the Weeping Lady - it's straight across the circle, but... actually." <More>
18:45 <Torokasi> Lenneth pulls a small vial out of her pocket and hands it to Crow. "Get to the door and drink this. It'll let you levitate, which will get you over the crowds without issue. ...And this will blur your form while you cross over." She pulls out a second vial and hands that over as well. "That way you don't lose time heading over there. Good luck, Autumn Crow."
18:47 <AutumnCrow> "Thank you," Crow smiles and heads over, drinking the potions as instructed to make it to the temple over the crowds.
18:51 <Torokasi> The sight of Crow levitating over the crowds, her blurred figure making the crossing gracefully, draws no small attention as the crowds turn to watch her. And from her height, Crow can see... the Temple Circle is legit packed, a writhing mass of people with barely room to turn, the atmosphere barely contained nervous excitement. The Temple of the Weeping Lady's door is closed, but Crow can see Ary's head just barely above the rest of the
18:51 <Torokasi> crowd in front of the temple.
18:54 AutumnCrow sets down next to Ary, "I let Sister Lenneth at the temple of Magdanae know what we know. Now...catch me up on what's happened over here? The crowd looks even worse tnhan before."
18:57 <Torokasi> The rest of the group doesn't seem to be present, Ary grimacing a bit as the crowd somehow makes space for Crow landing. "I don't entirely know. I think we've been getting people coming in from the north? Haven't heard precisely what might've happened, though. Janda and the rest went in to warn the priests - I stayed outside because, well, I'm the tallest of the group."
18:59 <AutumnCrow> "I hope we're wrong about this, but the more I think about it the more certain I am that we're not. Even if he's not behind it, opportunism is very likely." Crow talks quietly so a crowd won't overhear and basically sticks RIGHT next to Ary until the others can be seen or something happens.
19:02 <Torokasi> "Yeah." Ary nods slightly, looking out over the crowd in thought.
19:12 <Torokasi> OOC: what's crow looking out for specifically right now? also, make a notice check.
19:14 <AutumnCrow> OOC: lolnotice 9. Also mostly the rest of her group or anything that simply stands out. A fight breaking out, someone trying to sneak around the back of the temple, whatever. Mostly teh rest of her group though.
19:20 <Torokasi> The two are standing there for a moment, before the door creaks open next to them, Ary turning as Crow hears Janda say, "Okay, everyone, stay calm, we're just going to let people in in an orderly fashion-" But it's right out of Crow's eyes that she notices, ten feet in the air and maybe that far away, an ordinary wicker basket floating in space. A wicker basket that suddenly, dramatically, drops onto the head of the civilian underneath it
19:20 <Torokasi> - and Crow can hear the sound of shattering glass even from here...! OOC: Init. The entire rest of the gang is behind the temple door and will be exiting as their first action, but Crow and Ary are out front.
19:21 <AutumnCrow> OOC: Crow init - 9. Ary init - 25 presuming IU'm still rolling for him in combat
19:27 Torokasi set the topic: Ary > Crow > ???
19:28 <Torokasi> As the door swings open, Ary turns near-instantly toward the sound. "EVERYONE, PLEASE BACK AWAY AND HEAD TO THE SAFETY OF THE NEAREST TEMPLE! REMAIN CALM AND MOVE AWAY!" His voice practically rings out through the crowd, but Crow can tell he didn't spot where the basket landed or where it came from... OOC: Ary is holding his action - if you can think of anything else for him to do to try and keep people calm and safe he can do it on his
19:28 <Torokasi> turn. Crow's up. Of note, Levitation and Blur are still active.
19:31 AutumnCrow makes her way over to where the basket dropped on the man, looking for what glass broke and fearing what could have been in it, "Sir are you alright?" She also glances up to see if she can see where it came from! (OOC: just moving and looking this round, no enemy in sight to attack yet)
19:34 <Torokasi> OOC: Make a second notice check.
19:34 <AutumnCrow> OOC: No I think I'll just keep that 9 apparently. Very insistant dice.
19:41 <Torokasi> Nothing jumps out to Crow around the man, but the man himself... is twitching and screaming, curled up - and his flesh is roiling, almost as if he was beginning to bubble out of his own skin. It's then that hairs on the back of Crow's neck begin to stand... OOC: Will save for yourself and Ary.
19:42 <AutumnCrow> OOC: Crow Will - 19. Ary Will - ...7
19:49 <Torokasi> Crow snaps toward where she felt it from, near the temple, just in time to see the crowd's faces go from concern and fear... to mass panic, screaming and pressing up against everyone else! A quick glance toward Ary and... he's fighting it, if only barely, his eyes glassy and slightly slack-beaked as the man next to Crow begins howling, standing straight up as two massive claws practically burst from his arms, his body growing by the
19:49 <Torokasi> moment, eyes growing to the size of dinner plates...!
19:50 <AutumnCrow> "...what."
19:51 Torokasi set the topic: Ary (Status: ???) > Owlbear > Crow > ???
19:52 <Torokasi> OOC: Init for Para. I'll roll init for the other four. The door has swung open by now, but fortunately they were far back enough to not get hit by the burst spell.
19:53 <AutumnCrow> OOC: They should get Janda's aura at least, so Para Init - 17
19:55 <Torokasi> OOC: Solmyr 11, Janda 27 (lol),  Mare 19, Lilian 13
19:56 Torokasi set the topic: Janda > Ary (Status: ???) > Mare > Para > Owlbear > Lilian > Solmyr > Crow > ???
19:58 <Torokasi> Out of the corner of her eye, Crow can see the door practically slamming open, Janda running out and looking to Ary briefly before looking to Crow - and the owlbear. "Wh-whaaat?! Uh- EVERYONE, INSIDE THE TEMPLE! GET INSIDE THE TEMPLE!" The crowd has already begin to surge inside past the group, Janda practically hiding behind Ary to ensure she doesn't get swept away. OOC: Ary's up. He can act normally this turn, and can reach but can't
19:58 <Torokasi> charge the owlbear due to the seething crowds.
20:03 <AutumnCrow> Ary forces his way through the crowd over toward the owlbear, drawing his weapon only once he gets close enough that he's not afraid of hitting a panicking civilian. Once in range, he shifts to a defensive posture and lashes out with a basic stone dragon strike, wanting to draw the beast's attention to begin with. (OOC: Move, Stone Bones attack. Not using Punishing Stance yet. Attack 1d20+9
20:03 <AutumnCrow> = 22. Damage 1d10+4 = ...5. Ary has AC 16 and DR 5/Adamantine for 1rd)
20:08 <Torokasi> The slice cuts into the creature's arm, drawing blood as it screeches and turns toward Ary! Mare's beam of grey light twists as it aims over the crowd at the owlbear's head, slamming into its right eye and drawing another screech...! OOC: Para. Updating topic.
20:08 Torokasi set the topic: Janda > Ary (Status: ???) > Mare > Para > Owlbear (17 damage taken) > Lilian > Solmyr > Crow > ???
20:16 <AutumnCrow> Firing arrows into a crowd is a bad idea even for Para. He instead uses Inertial Armor to get his defenses up and moves in to get ready to give Ary flanking against that monster that is somehow in the middle of town??? (OOC: Inertial Armor, spending 3 PP for 5 AC, and moving to give flanking next turn. Para AC is 18 instead of 17 since he spent the extra on IA)
20:20 Torokasi set the topic: Janda > Ary (37/48, Status: ???) > Mare > Para > Owlbear (17 damage taken) > Lilian > Solmyr > Crow > ???
20:23 Torokasi set the topic: Janda > Ary (37/48, Status: ???) > Mare > Para > Owlbear (26 damage taken) > Solmyr > Crow = Lilian > ???
20:23 <Torokasi> Grey light too far, but angry bird with sharp thing right in front! The owlbear's claws turn to rip into Ary, both practically ripping through his armor and leaving gashes on his chest, though Ary's fist bumps the beak away as it comes in for a bite! Lilian calls to Crow, "What the hell happened?!", as Solmyr shoots two bolts of magical energy at the owlbear that hit with unnatural precision!
20:24 <Torokasi> OOC: Crow. Lilian will act on Crow's information
20:25 <AutumnCrow> "A basket dropped out of the sky onto this man and turned him into a monster!" Crow shouted back, "can he be turned back? Should I try to knock the monster out? And can any of you mages find whoever dropped that, they have to be in the air somewhere?" (OOC: talkling first, will act after response)
20:29 <Torokasi> "I'm sorry, Crow, you're going to have to bring him down!" Lilian's voice calls back after a moment of pained hesitation.
20:29 <Torokasi> "I'll try and find the culprit!"
20:35 <AutumnCrow> "Of course." Crow sighs and sets down just outside the monster's reach, then snaps out her scarf in a focused blow to the side of the face, "lets just get this over with." (OOC: Setting down so I don't take whatever combat penalties levitating gives me. Then Sapphire Nightmare Blade. Concentration ...12. Okay well that failed. Attack anyway: 1d20+9-2(penalty for failed concentrate) = ...27.
20:35 <AutumnCrow> Wtf. Confirmation = 16. Crit damage: 2d6+10+8 = 29. o_O )
20:39 <Torokasi> The owlbear, completely unprepared, takes the blow cleanly to the side of the face... its skull crunching under the force as it collapses, unconscious! Lilian's attention is already to the sky, before...! OOC: Moment
20:49 <Torokasi> Lilian curses a second, before, "Luck be kind to me...!" With that, her hand lashes out in the air above Crow and company, and a storm of sparkling dust appears... sticking to an figure floating in the air ten feet above Crow and Ary! The figure shifts slightly, and Crow can hear it mutter, "Accursed Kerebos..." before an incantation is chanted, a cloud of nauseating fog suddenly manifesting in the area in front of the Temple! OOC: Fort
20:49 <Torokasi> saves for everyone. You've foiled about 90% of his plan but he's still going to be a petty loser and try to make everyone nauseous first.
20:50 <AutumnCrow> (OOC: Crow = 18 oh no my worst save, Ary = 22 he ain't got time for that shit, Para = 17 well lets hope that's good enough since he's half our ranged offence)
20:56 <Torokasi> Crow can feel her stomach churning but manages to keep calm, as does Para! Ary still looks off but not any more so than he did before, and Solmyr is still standing, but Lilian, Janda, and Mare all drop to their knees as the crowd continues fleeing, now gagging as they do so! The voice above coughs in the fog... OOC: New round. One moment.
20:58 <Torokasi> Janda looks to Crow miserably, standing slightly and wobbling as the crowd passes, while Ary... suddenly breaks from the group, running off into the fog away from the rest of the group and the Temple! Para looks after in concern at this. "What...?" <More>
20:58 <Torokasi> Janda calls out at this, "It's a stinking cloud. We need to get out of this to spot him, le- let alone... ugh... recover from this damn smell...!"
21:01 <AutumnCrow> "Ugh...Ary where are you...ugh, yes, fine, I'll just...go up." Crow levitates back into the air above the damn cloud!
21:04 <Torokasi> Moving straight up, Crow reaches the top of the cloud... and sees the glittering outline of the man shifting still, a hacking cough emanating from it! OOC: Levitate was move, he's within 10ft.
21:06 <AutumnCrow> OOC: Hmm. Only scarf range. Can I get in fist range? i want to try a stuning fist if possible.
21:08 <Torokasi> OOC: Actually, yeah, he'd be just within range for melee. I forgot where I had him positioned above Crow - he's in melee now
21:10 AutumnCrow winds her scarf around one fist and snaps her closed hand out at the beglittered man, "oh NO YOU DON'T!" (OOC: Stunning Fist on a single punch. Dunno what penalties being levitated gives me to hit, you'll have to take that into account. Attack 1d20+8 = 21. Damage 1d6+4 = 8. Fort 16 or be stunned 1rd)
21:14 Torokasi set the topic: Janda (Nausea) > Ary (37/48, Status: ???) > Mare (Nausea) > Para > Solmyr > Crow = Lilian (Nausea) > ??? (8 damage taken, stunned 1rd)
21:25 <Torokasi> Crow's fist slams into the outline of the man, causing him to double over with a pained grunt! Solmyr and Para can be heard below trying to manuever into a better position, while the rest of the people in the cloud seem to be trying to escape it... OOC: Solmyr and Para need to take a full action to get him into line of sight since they ran out of the cloud.... so Para and Solmyr will be able to act. Ary is currently not visible and
21:25 <Torokasi> basically out of combat right now. Para up, can see the outline of the dude and Crow above the stinking cloud.
21:30 <AutumnCrow> Para will draw his bow and try to put a couple arrows into the bastard! (OOC: Rapid Shot, 2x 1d20+6 = 16, 17. He is flat footed from the stun. Damages: 2x 1d8+2 = 9, 6)
21:32 Torokasi set the topic: Janda (Nausea) > Ary (37/48, Status: ???) > Mare (Nausea) > Para > Solmyr > Crow = Lilian (Nausea) > ??? (23 damage taken, stunned 1rd)
21:34 <Torokasi> The arrows thud into the back of the outlined figure with ease, blood seeming to appear from thin air as Solmyr lashes out with two electrified missiles that seem to hit Para's arrows, sending electricity through the wood and into the figure's body!
21:34 Torokasi set the topic: Janda (Nausea) > Ary (37/48, Status: ???) > Mare (Nausea) > Para > Solmyr > Crow = Lilian (Nausea) > ??? (36 damage taken, stunned 1rd)
21:35 <Torokasi> OOC: Crow's turn.
21:39 <AutumnCrow> A thought came unbidden into Crow's mind. *You'll have to be faster than that to catch a Sparrow in flight* Letting her scarf flutter to the ground for now, she tried to work with her position in the air, moving as close as she could to the glittery form, drawing both fans and slashing outward in an x-strike across his midsection. (OOC: Not risking flurry penalties. Just a swing with each
21:39 <AutumnCrow> fan. Attacks 2x 1d20+6 = ...24(14 to confirm), 18. He is not still stunned against my attack, he recovers at the beginning of my turn. Damages: 2x 1d4+4 = 5, 7. If that crit did somehow confirm, an additional 8)
21:45 <Torokasi> Crow hears the man scream as the fans rip into him, the blood mixing with the sparkles... before his outlined body crumples and slowly descends back down into the green fog! OOC: Crow can probably tell by the scream and the way the body folded, but the enemy is down. Free act.
21:47 AutumnCrow snaps the blood of her fans...holds her breath and decends back down into the cloud to grab her scarf.
21:51 <Torokasi> As crow drops down, the smell begins leeching into her nose... before a very strong gust of wind seems to whisk away the greenish fog, whipping up the scarf into an easy to reach position for Crow. A few seconds later, as the winds die down, she can see a priest running out of the Temple of the Weeping Lady past the masses of crowds, Janda vaguely gesturing at Crow to him before clutching her stomach again. The sparkling outline is but ten
21:51 <Torokasi> feet away from the owlbear, and the crowds seem to be giving both a large enough berth that the priest is able to get to Crow. "Are you alright? What can I do to help?" The man asks simply, hands on his symbol and ready.
21:53 <AutumnCrow> "I'm fine. If this..." she gestures to the glittered alchemist, "...suspected mist worshipper isn't dead, if you could keep him not dead but not concious because I'm sure some manner of authority figure will want words with him, that would be wonderful."
21:54 <Torokasi> "...Understood." The man's face turns into a scowl as he kneels, tapping it slightly before casting a spell. "...he's unconscious but stable. ...The creature he summoned hasn't vanished yet?"
21:56 <AutumnCrow> "That wasn't a summon. That was a person he dropped some kind of fluid in a basket on and it turned into the monster," Crow states flatly, "my team has no way to reverse such a transformation...I deemed the lives of the others in the square the top priority."
21:58 <Torokasi> "... Of course. Thank you." The man nods sadly, approaching it and checking before shaking his head. "If the Weeping Lady sees fit, he may be saved from death, but... Thank you. The damage was far less than it could have been, it seems."
22:01 <Torokasi> Para and Solmyr approach next, Solmyr glancing down hatefully at the outline. "We got damn lucky. That and you, uh, being able to fly??? Saved us a lot of grief there. When the hell'd you learn that trick?"
22:02 <AutumnCrow> "There's nothing I can do there, so it's in your people's hands." Crow shakes her head, "this alchemist is also the one who was behind the thefts in your temple, Priestess Shawdine will want to be informed of his capture." Then turning to her party, Crow shrugs, "Sister Lenneth gave me a potion to help get around the crowd as thanks for filling her in. It seems to have come in handy."
22:04 <Torokasi> "Well. Yeah, that definitely sounds like it." Solmyr grins slightly. "...Did you see where Ary went?"
22:05 <AutumnCrow> "Into the cloud, but other than that no." Crow shakes her head again, "perhaps he saw something else suspicious?"
22:07 <Torokasi> "Maybe... Should I and Para go find him while you wait for Shawdine and the other ladies?" Solmyr offers. Indeed, the priest seems to have headed back into the temple, as Janda wanders back over,  her hair badly ruffled.
22:09 <AutumnCrow> "That sounds liek a good idea, yes," Crow's voice was still devoid of emotion for the time being.
22:12 <Torokasi> "Alright." Solmyr and Para head off, and Janda reaches Crow just as Crow hears, from behind, Lilian croak a "Hey." Her face seems a bit queasy still, but Lilian looks at Janda, then at Crow, her face stony as she begins to open her mouth, then closes it again.
22:13 <Torokasi> Janda is the first to speak. "...The guild should know this happened. You two go ahead and head over there, alright?"
22:15 <AutumnCrow> "Alright. Lillian and I will head for the guild, you and Marion hold things together here and make sure Ary's fine whenever he gets back from whatever he ran off too. I hope the temple people can do any fighting that needs to be done in case he wasn't acting alone." Crow nods, then heads...back to the temple of Magdanae to use thier back passage again since it's surely faster.
22:19 <Torokasi> "Alright." Janda nods as Crow and Lilian head their way through the crowd, which parts at the sight of Crow and the fans. It doesn't take long for them to get inside the doors of the Temple of Magdanae... <More>
22:20 <Torokasi> Lenneth approaches as Crow and Lilian come in, but Lilian nods slightly to Lenneth. "We're reporting back to the Guild. If you can bring people in anywhere, do so for even just a bit - we think everything is clear but we aren't sure yet. Be careful."
22:20 <Torokasi> Lenneth pauses, before nodding and stepping back. "Understood."
22:23 <Torokasi> The two keep moving through and get into Duessa's Redoubt before Lilian looks to Crow for a long moment. "...Okay, do you need to sit for a moment while I go get Ramedo and bring him here?"
22:24 <AutumnCrow> "Not if I want to be in any reasonable state to talk to him in, no. Moving is easier, still have a report to make." Crow forced a small smile and put an arm around Lilian before keeping going.
22:27 <Torokasi> Lilian nods shakily, arm wrapping around Crow as well. "...If it helps, I think people can only tell because I look worried about you, more than anything. ...We'll be able to sit down soon." With that, the two go to find Ramedo.

Offline Taishyr

  • Vamiro
  • *****
  • Posts: 401
Re: Rank 2, Mission 2: "Laughter and Tears over Tia Marias"
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2018, 05:43:49 pm »
Torokasi> -------------------------------------------------------------------
16:16 <Torokasi> The duo don't take long from there to cross through the northern courtyard area of the Guild and from there into the main structure. It doesn't take long from there to find Ramedo, who is sitting at his desk, door open and the chairs waiting in front, seemingly working on paperwork.
16:18 @AutumnCrow simply walks in, but does not sit down. Not yet. Still had things to do. "We have a report to make about a mist worshipper," Crow opens flatly, "specfically the one who was behind the thefts from the temple of the weeping lady."
16:22 <Torokasi> Ramedo glances up in interest, a slight glance between Crow and Lilian before focusing on Crow. "Very well. Do we have more information on the culprit?"
16:24 <@AutumnCrow> "He made an appearance, and my team, with aid from the temple of Magdanae, managed to capture him. He's currently in custody of the temple of the Weeping Lady." Crow recites that off quickly, then pauses, "...but not before he dropped some potion on a bystander...turning him into a mist monster. I...had to kill it. The temple square was packed, noncombatants everywhere..."
16:25 <@AutumnCrow> "The others of Manifold present are still there assisting with mantaining order and watching for any further attacks, in case he wasn't operating alone," she adds after a brief pause.
16:31 <Torokasi> Ramedo listens, before, "Did the... victim of the alchemist's potion seem at all human after the transformation?"
16:34 <@AutumnCrow> "No." Crow shakes her head, "The form became...like that of a bear, but with feathers and a strange beak for a face instead of a bear's jaws. Too big, a strange mix of fur and feathers and the frame was all wrong to even look like he was still Talkyr."
16:39 <Torokasi> Ramedo hisses, Lilian shifting in surprise. "That sounds like a magic I'd been working long to remove from Talmen memory. Damnations...  Given the situation, you certainly did the right thing." His face softens a bit, though the weight of the report seems to pull his face down a bit. "And that you captured him makes it more likely that, if there is a way to cure or reverse it short of grand magics, we'll be able to find it. But how would
16:39 <Torokasi> he expect to inflict this on someone and get away with it in such a large crowd?"
16:43 <@AutumnCrow> "He was invisible and flying. Lillian's well aimed glitterdust fixed the first, and the potion Priestess Lenneth game me let me get into the air to land a few blows, thankfully he couldn't take hits well." Crow sighs, then seems to relax a bit, "and if my team hadn't figured out that was the target, with all the priests and guild members and guards off dealing with the minor chaos in every
16:43 <@AutumnCrow> other reach of the city, nobody would have been able to react in time."
16:52 <Torokasi> "Invisible and flying... and yet still brought down." Ramedo repeats. "Impressive. And... yes, with everyone across the city, we got very lucky Manifold was able to move into position in time. Thank you, all of you. We'll... figure this out as best we can from here. Is there any more information that I need? I want to go to the Temple to see this... alchemist."
16:54 <@AutumnCrow> "Ary ran off like he saw something right as we were returning to report, he may have additional information for you. I..." Crow actually lost some composure and slumped a bit, "think I've done all I can for one day."
16:57 <Torokasi> "I'll see if we can't find him. Rest, Autumn Crow, and thank you again." Ramedo nods slightly as he leads the other two out, before closing the door and hustling out, Lilian gently hugging Crow as he leaves.
17:00 <@AutumnCrow> "To be quite honest I'm not sure how we managed to get him either," Crow responds by slipping an arm around Lilian as well. "Probably your luck manipulation at work there."
17:07 <Torokasi> "I... don't know that my  luck did much, here. Maybe the Glitterdust, but... " Lilian shakes her head. "Let's get back to the apartment. I have to sit down and drink something, at the least."
17:10 <@AutumnCrow> "Something to drink and...honestly a bath would be wonderful right now. Lets get back."
17:13 <Torokasi> The two leave the main guildhall to head back to the apartment, approximately halfway there before Crow hears faintly in the distance, "Crow! Lily!"
17:14 @AutumnCrow looks up to see who that is calling.
17:17 <Torokasi> Wild Goose practically descends upon the two like a one man stampede, crossing the distance in moments. His easy smile vanishes near instantly as he looks between the two. "Wait, what actually happened? You weren't up in the Temple Circle that long, even..."
17:19 <@AutumnCrow> "The alchemist we suspected made an appearance. We captured him and turned him over to the temple of the Weeping Lady," Crow gives the short version.
17:25 <Torokasi> "Very nice!" His enthusiasm doesn't seem to reach his face, but after a moment, "You two look tired after that. Should I head up to the Temple of the Weeping Lady to check in on the rest of your group? And do you think you'll still want to meet at Tiya Maxim's this evening?"
17:28 <@AutumnCrow> "After a nap, certainly. And Ramedo is already heading that way to get things officially in hand, my group already reports to him so that's taken care of." She manages a smile, "I'm just glad we got him that quickly. But he was the one capable of making mist monsters...i'm just hoping he didn't leave any more surprises for us to clean up."
17:31 <Torokasi> "Let's hope so. Rest well, and I'll do some checking to see if there was anything else around before we meet up." Goose nods, clapping both Crow and Lilian on the shoulder (Lilian's knees buckling slightly) before jogging off.
17:36 <@AutumnCrow> After Goose leaves, Crow chuckles softly, "I doubt he'll rest much until someone has found him something to hit."
17:38 <Torokasi> "I'm sure they'll find something. He seems like the sort who's good at tracking it down." Lilian laughs as the two make it into the apartment...
17:47 <Torokasi> After a much-needed nap and bath, Crow joins Lilian in meeting up with the rest of group Manifold and heading to Tiya Maxim's, just off the northern road. The outside waitress glances up as the seven approach, "Hi. Do you have a reservation?"
17:49 <@AutumnCrow> "I honestly don't know," Crow smiles, "my father, Wild Goose, invited us out for dinner so if we do have one it's under his name. If he remembered to put one in."
17:52 <Torokasi> "Ah, Wild Goose? Yes, he has a reservation. You can wait out here for him or come on in and be seated." The waitress smiles slightly. "He hasn't shown up yet... granted, given the noise in the Circle, he may still be coming through."
17:53 <@AutumnCrow> "We'll go ahead and sit down, I'm sure he'll make his way through the crowd just fine."
17:59 <Torokasi> The seven are lead into the restaurant and to a second floor balcony table in the corner, the smells of fish and interesting herbs lingering in the air. After the group sits, Ary looks over to Crow and Lilian sheepishly. "The rest of the group caught me up on what happened, and Ramedo said he'd look into if anything could be done for the civilian. The alchemist isn't talking yet, either, but I've, uh, never seen Ramedo that straight-off
17:59 <Torokasi> pissed, so we'll see how that changes."
18:03 <@AutumnCrow> "Alright. What in the world did you go running off after, anyway?"
18:06 <Torokasi> "Um. I don't remember. The alchemist cast that spell after dropping those potions on the civilian, and... I thought I was okay for a second, and the next think I knew, I was standing around, dazed, like behind the Temple of Hemda. I don't even remember going there." Ary replies, shaking his head.
18:06 <Torokasi> Mare comments after a second, "A mind-altering spell could make sense, there. Still, behind the Temple of Hemda? You could have better taste, you know. Like, as in going anywhere else."
18:08 <@AutumnCrow> "Fell prey to a mental attack, hmm?" Crow does smirk at Ary a bit, "I suppose that's where ignoring Diamond Mind gets you."
18:10 <Torokasi> "Look, I've tried Diamond Mind! My head just... doesn't work that way. I think. Teach me and I can try to teach you White Raven?" Ary laughs.
18:13 <@AutumnCrow> "Phht, White Raven isn't a swordsage discipline, you know that." Crow waves dismissivly at him, "I do need more Setting Sun practice, though. I'm using it a fair amount more here than I did back at the Temple."
18:16 <Torokasi> "I nominate Solmyr for helping you practice that." Ary replies quickly.
18:16 <Torokasi> "You nominate me for what?" Solmyr blinks.
18:18 <@AutumnCrow> "Getting thrown off the roof by my Setting Sun techniques. Though really the person I need to be practicing with is Nyci, ideally."
18:22 <Torokasi> "...Nyci would be happy to help, I imagine, so long as you throw him into the Guild grounds so she can shift back up." Ary chuckles.
18:26 <Torokasi> It's at this point that Wild Goose comes in, rolling into the empty seat before anyone even looks up. "Hey, all. You seven made quite the stir this evening. ...You all alright?"
18:29 <@AutumnCrow> "No injuries, and I'm...better, after a nap." Crow sighs, but manages a smile, "I'm just glad we figured things out when we did. I'm sure Sister Lenneth could have handled that mist monster...but not before it killed several people, and who knows what would have happened if he got whatever he was really after."
18:37 <Torokasi> "I saw its body. That owlbear... probably would have killed more than 'several', honestly. We're very lucky you all were there." Wild Goose sighs after a moment. "There were a few other distractions planned, but fortunately as the town's defenses went up they were caught in time."
18:37 <@AutumnCrow> "Owlbear...well a fitting enough description. Is that a normal monster to run into out in the mist?"
18:40 <Torokasi> "In Yaoveil and the mountains around there, near Teriander, I ran into some of them. In packs, they're even worse - I've heard their voices in tandem can warp minds." Wild Goose shakes his head. "Damnable alchemists."
18:42 <@AutumnCrow> "Are they all made...like that?" Crow almost hesitates to ask,  "By some mist worshipping alchemist transforming a person?"
18:47 <Torokasi> "No. Though that may be their origin, they, ah, breed normally with each other." Wild Goose shakes his head. "Anyway. Have we ordered yet?"
18:48 <@AutumnCrow> "Of course not, we were waiting for you." Crow smiles.
18:55 <Torokasi> "Well, that's nice of you all! Hey, miss?" Goose turns to a near waitress. "Could we get... hm. The phantom fish - full, the red roasted lentil salad, the curried eggplant, and whatever anyone else here wants." Then back to the rest of the group, "I'm getting those three so everyone can try some - feel free to order whatever you want. It's on me."
18:57 <@AutumnCrow> "We're going to want a second plate of curried eggplant if anyone else wants to try it, since I'll happily eat half of that on my own."
18:58 <Torokasi> Ary looks over to Wild Goose, then back to Crow. "So you're Wild Goose, sir? A pleasure."
19:04 <Torokasi> Solmyr nods. "I'm Solmyr, this guy's Ary, and Para's the quiet one drinking in the corner."
19:04 <Torokasi> Wild Goose grins. "A pleasure to meet you three. Keep each other's backs out there."
19:06 <@AutumnCrow> "The team's pretty good at covering eachother. Ary and I take front, Para and Lilian can shift lines as needed, Solmyr and Marion are rearline and Janda goes where the healing is needed."
19:11 <Torokasi> "Well tuned. Good. Unfortunately your mom and I rarely get to go out exploring together, but when I've worked with Jagden and others it's been very enjoyable." Goose nods slightly.
19:13 <@AutumnCrow> "You may not enjoy being mostly retired, but us up and coming adventurers thank you for leaving some monsters for future generations," Crow snickers.
19:18 <Torokasi> "Trust me, I was trying not to!" Goose laughs at this, the rest joining in. "Regardless. You all have any plans after all this?"
19:21 <@AutumnCrow> "Just heading back to the bunker we found and seeing what else we could do there. Eventually a trip out to the Temple is in the works, though I did want to make M2 before a trip home if at all possible."
19:26 <Torokasi> "Well, after this, it wouldn't surprise me if they move you up there." Goose tilts his head.  "That bunker does sound fascinating, myself. I'd love to learn more about it. ...Oh. Actually, you guys may also get a request if things seem peaceful - the guild was mentioning requests from helps all across the Cities after the cataclysm. I don't, uh... I wasn't paying that much attention since they already gave me a request and I was thinking
19:26 <Torokasi> about that, but."
19:30 <@AutumnCrow> "After this I'll want to stay a few more days in case there's any aftermath of that alchemist, but we'll keep our ears open to see what requests come out." Crow nods.
19:30 <Torokasi> "Like, monster attacks? Resource issues?" Solmyrr asks, leaning in. "Yeah, see Crow, but..."
19:32 <Torokasi> Goose shrugs. "Basically anything you can imagine. Depending on where you need to go, the Guild may offer assistance, but..." Then to Crow, "Definitely. You may or may not have a chance to dive back to the bunker for a bit before everything opens up, too, so don't hang out waiting on them."
19:36 <@AutumnCrow> "Fair point." Crow nods again.
19:37 <Torokasi> After a few minutes more of talking, the plates of food come out, everything smelling delicious as the plates are spread out, and everyone digs in!
19:41 @AutumnCrow picks at bits of various plates, but does in fact eat...not quite half but a fair amount of one of the plates of curried eggplant just as threatened.
19:46 <Torokasi> Everything tastes absolutely excellent... except the phantom fish, which despite an excellent smell almost tastes like water. Para and Solmyr both take a bite before frowning and pushing that to the side of the plate, and Janda studiously avoids the fish, but Lilian, Ary, and Goose all seem to dig in eagerly. Mare takes some and seems to enjoy it but doesn't really go for more.
19:47 <@AutumnCrow> "I've never wondered what hot water would taste like as a solid, but I suppose I now have that question answered anyway." Crow wrinkles her nose a bit at the fish.
19:47 <Torokasi> Lilian looks over in confusion. "Really? Tastes like some of the better fish I've had."
19:49 <@AutumnCrow> "...father did you order some kind of strange 'tastes differently to different people' dish?"
19:50 <Torokasi> "... Apparently so?" Goose blinks. "To me it tastes like a strong, flavorful mix of chicken and salmon."
19:52 @AutumnCrow blinks, then flags over a waitress, "Excuse me, is it normal for the phantom fish to taste drastically differently to everyone? It tastes like burnt water to me, but has a strong fish flavor...or even a chicken flavor, to some of the others."
19:56 <Torokasi> "Sometimes that's the case, yes." The waitress nods. "It's a Mairsea rarity, and most people report the fishy chicken flavor, but there's apparently a birth trait that makes some people not able to taste the flavoring. Though water is a new one.  Actually, if you'll hold on just a second...?" The waitress runs off to the kitchen, then comes back with a tall, somewhat-surly looking chef with her hair tied up in a large black bun. The chef
19:56 <Torokasi> herself is carrying a plate of what looks like grilled fish, and slides it onto the table. <More>
19:58 <Torokasi> The chef squeezes Goose's shoulder, "It's been a while, Goose. Glad to see you. I'm Tiya Maxim, all, and I'm glad you've come to my restaurant. Could the people that couldn't taste the phantom fish, or found it tasted bad, try this dish?"
19:58 <Torokasi> Goose grins. "Glad to see you too, Tiya. This is my daughter, Autumn Crow, and the rest of her Guild team."
19:58 <Torokasi> Tiya grins at Crow. "Is that so? A pleasure to meet the daughter of Wild Goose and Autumn Dragon."
19:59 @AutumnCrow smiles politely, "A pleasure as well. I am a cook myself, so when the fish tasted so different to us, I couldn't help but ask why." Then, as requested, she tries a bite of the new fish.
20:08 <Torokasi> This... doesn't taste like burnt water, but also not like chicken or fish. Almost more of a...  hm. It's good? But it's really, really hard to describe. Also exactly, but not quite, the meat that's the opposite of beef? Para and Solmyr both take a bite as well, Solmyr nodding as he eats it. "This definitely has a better flavor - much less bitter to me."
20:10 <Torokasi> Para, for his part, shrugs. Tiya chuckles. "The fish's flavor... changes based on the spices, as far as I can tell. At its base it tastes entirely like boiled water to almost everyone - getting it this popular has been about three years' worth of effort and testing flavors. There's still a way to go, of course."
20:11 <@AutumnCrow> "Well...it tastes good, but I honestly couldn't tell you what it tastes like. It doesn't really taste like fish or chicken, but not unlike them either? It's strange."
20:14 <Torokasi> "Huh." Tiya crosses her arms. "That's an interesting reaction. Might have to have you come by again to try a few other combinations. As Goose's daughter, you can also swing by and use the kitchen during slow times if you'd like - any of you, really, but Goose mentioned you were into cooking last time he visited, at least."
20:16 <@AutumnCrow> "I'd be happy to, though i doubt things are going to slow down any time soon since people will still be both nervous from the troubles and wanting to celebrate from the festival getting interupted."
20:17 <Torokasi> "That's true, for sure. Consider it a standing offer, at least." Tiya nods slightly. "Hopefully you all enjoy the dishes. I've got to head back to the kitchen."
20:22 <@AutumnCrow> "Everything else is wonderful, only the fish had me confused!"
20:22 <Torokasi> "Excellent." Tiya grins, before sauntering back to the kitchen.
20:23 <Torokasi> Goose shakes his head in wonderment. "No lie, I hadn't heard about that of the phantom fish before."
20:26 <@AutumnCrow> "Well, I'm glad you enjoy it! And I was mostly going to just eat the vegitables anyway."
20:28 <Torokasi> "Fair enough, haha!" Goose nods.
20:33 <Torokasi> --------------------------------------------------------

Offline Taishyr

  • Vamiro
  • *****
  • Posts: 401
Re: Rank 2, Mission 2: "Laughter and Tears over Tia Marias"
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2018, 06:29:31 pm »
Torokasi> ----------------------------------------
16:18 <Torokasi> It doesn't take that long for Crow to drift to sleep that night after the revelry at Tiya Maxim's and the return back to the apartment. The dream world seems to drift in slowly, the grey doorways to all the familiar dream entrances available, and... in the distance is a yeek. It's far enough away that Crow isn't sure how she can tell it's a yeek, but it's definitely a yeek. It doesn't seem to be paying attention to Crow, either, though
16:18 <Torokasi> what it's doing is hard to tell.
16:20 <@AutumnCrow> Not being particularly well known for caution, despite multiple warnings to take the dream realm more seriously than she does, Crow walks over in the direction of the yeek! She's not being stealthy, but also not calling attention to herself until she gets close enough, simply casual and non-aggressive movement.
16:27 <Torokasi> The yeek doesn't seem to be getting closer at first, as Crow moves towards it; the dreams of other individuals pop up around her as she tries to get closer doors hazier and less distinct. But then, it glances over at Crow... and Crow is suddenly a foot or two away from it, white and brown mottled fur and a strangely canine snout. It looks Crow over, before, "This dreammind greets you."
16:31 <@AutumnCrow> "Hello to you as well," Crow offers a smile. "It's certainly unusual to see someone else out on the Stage like this."
16:36 <Torokasi> "This warren is the Stage?" The yeek tilts its head, before, "Ah, you must mean this element of the Dream. Elder dreamminds said that the members of the warrens had other names for this land. ...This yeek comes to deliver a message to one in this warren. "
16:39 <@AutumnCrow> "Yes, we talmen call it the Stage, or at least the Sathites do and the rest of us just use thier terms. I am from the city, or warren as you'd call it, of Verxais, and I can get your message to just about anyone there depending on who it's for."
16:44 <Torokasi> "It must be delivered by this dreammind, but if you can assist me in finding their Dream, it would be greatly appreciated." The yeek nods slightly. "The dream of Jagden Skire is sought."
16:50 <@AutumnCrow> "...hmm." Crow sighs, "I could easily ask my father to let me get a message to him while awake, but I'm not sure how to find his dream. Still...if you have any idea what to look for, I'll help sort things out."
16:56 <Torokasi> "This dreammind was told he should be dreaming within a monumental spire, blue as an clear sky, gold light drifting from it." The yeek shakes its head. "I have yet to see more than level grounds, however, even here."
16:59 <@AutumnCrow> "Well it's very possible he's simply not asleep yet. There were a lot of incidents in the city today, a mist worshipper was killing people and setting things on fire and all that, he may be up late with meetings. Still...his portal should be closeish to my own, I bet he does keep his own room in the guild compound instead of off somewhere else in the city." Crow turns and beckons the yeek to
16:59 <@AutumnCrow> follow her, back to where the dreams of  those from the guild should be.
17:02 <Torokasi> The yeek follows quietly as they head back where the Guild was at. Crow doesn't see any blue spire or anything from where Lilian and Janda dream, at least, and after a moment peering at both Janda and Lilian's dreams very briefly, the yeek begins scanning the surrounding area. "This is where the guild is..."
17:04 <@AutumnCrow> "It should be more over in this direction..." Crow heads over to where she knows the boys' portals tend to be, "if Skire has a room in the guild, it will be in the men's building not in the women's."
17:05 <Torokasi> "Ah." The yeek follows, glancing around... OOC: Notice check.
17:06 <@AutumnCrow> OOC: why no, Crow is not at all concerned baout teaching a yeek how to infiltrate the dreams of the guild, why do you ask? Also, Notice 18 somehow
17:11 <Torokasi> Crow is the first to spot something, where she'd estimate the main guildhall is - a thin gold light in the air, coming from... what she thinks should be an entryway to a Dream, but it's sealed shut, and also nearly transparent. When she stops, the Yeek does as well, glancing over. "Ah. This...?"
17:13 <@AutumnCrow> "Hmm. It may well be warded, that or his mental discipline is so strong his dream cannot be entered. Perhaps try knocking? That's what we do when we want to talk to someone who is behind closed doors."
17:17 <Torokasi> The yeek nods slightly, approaching the door and placing its hand on the door... before withdrawing it, yelping, black smoke drifting from its paw. "The door is... burning hot....?" After a moment, it lightly knocks, trying to not press on it hard, but still yanking its paw back once it's done knocking. "Like that?"
17:18 <@AutumnCrow> "Something like that, yes. Now I have no idea if that logic still works here, but it's all I've got to go on."
17:18 <Torokasi> OOC: Will check.
17:19 <@AutumnCrow> OOC: Will save also 18
17:23 <Torokasi> The door doesn't seem to be responding. The yeek quietly waits a second, before- the door and the doorway suddenly solidify, a massive cracking sound practically deafening Crow, lights pouring out from it, the gold washing over the two as the yeek suddenly turns aroun- <More>
17:25 <Torokasi> When the gold light fades, Crow and the yeek find themselves... around a campfire, with no one else around, the night sky entirely clear above them and not a hint of Mist around. There doesn't seem to be anything out past the light of the campfire, except at the horizon, where there seems to be another campfire.
17:28 @AutumnCrow blinks owlishly a few times at the flash of light, then sighs and looks off towards the campire in the horizon, "...I suppose that's our lead. So what is this message you need to deliver anyway, since we may be at this awhile?"
17:33 <Torokasi> "He asked of us a question when last he visited. This mind has been tasked to relay the reply. 'Your eyes cannot find the path because it is hidden where you cannot go. The needle cannot be threaded by anyone in the hands of Fate any longer.'" The yeek replies, looking toward the campfire. "We go there, then?"
17:36 <@AutumnCrow> "I don't see anywhere else to go, so yes." Crow nods, "...and well I'm sure he'll know what that means."
17:40 <Torokasi> "This mind does not know what it means, so..." The yeek shrugs as the two head toward the campfire. As they walk toward it, in the sky, the stars seem to shift, before the entire sky seems to change to a vision of the massive dragon, the one from the Cataclysm, roaring, the view rushing up from amongst buildings to meet it, a blade flashing out and forward. The yeek seems to be paying no attention to this, moving forward.
17:45 @AutumnCrow idly looks at the dragon, unsurprised that Skire would be dreaming about that.
17:55 <Torokasi> The campfire seems to arrive much sooner than Crow would have expected, the fighting continuing in the sky - but unlike the real fight, Jagden seems to be facing the dragon alone, slicing his way through the magics and gouts of hellfire the dragon seems to spit. At this campfire is an elderly Talstedi with grey hair, looking up at the sky with striking gold eyes. He doesn't seem to respond as the two approach, his sword shattered by his
17:55 <Torokasi> side.
18:00 @AutumnCrow looks up at the man in the sky and then the man in the ground, trying to figure out if they're the same person.
18:01 <Torokasi> It... certainly looks like it, at least, though the one in the sky is probably more idealized - less wrinkes, less expression of absolute exhaustion. The yeek coughs slightly. "Jagden Skire, yes? This dreammind greets you."
18:02 <Torokasi> The old man glances over. "Hail and well met, yeek a- yeek and striking young lady. Not how I was expecting this to go, I confess. Is she the one that can find the damn materials?"
18:03 <Torokasi> The yeek shakes its head. "It's unknown. The message I was given to relay was 'Your eyes cannot find the path because it is hidden where you cannot go. The needle cannot be threaded by anyone in the hands of Fate any longer.'"
18:03 <@AutumnCrow> "I simply ran into the yeek by accident and assisted him in finding you, sir." Crow nods respectfully.
18:05 <Torokasi> Jagden nods slightly to Crow before listening to the yeek. Once the yeek finishes, he snorts.  "That is one hell of a way to either say 'it can't be done' or 'it can be done but we can't tell you how', yeek. Not that that's your fault, but if you ever lead your people, could you try to knock the cryptic nonsense off?"
18:05 <Torokasi> The yeek blinks. "It... will be attempted?"
18:05 @AutumnCrow snickers.
18:07 <Torokasi> "Anyways. Uh, if you helped the yeek out, you're one of those, what do Sath's people call them... Koshinites?" Jagden comments.  "I thought I knew most the dreamwalkers in Verxais, but apparently not. A pleasure."
18:08 <@AutumnCrow> "Well...I'm fairly new to the ability. Autumn Crow, sir. A pleasure to actually meet you instead of simply hear about you." Crow can't help but snap out her fan and lazily fan herself after she makes a slight bow with the introduction.
18:11 <Torokasi> Crow can see Jagden freeze for a moment, before he bursts out laughing. "Oh, lord! You're his daughter! I knew you were here but I hadn't had the chance to meet you yet. And if you're anything like your mom as well, the rest of the Guild will be hustling to keep up with you, I suspect. Good, they've been dawdling too much - this and the Cataclysm aughta shake them up good proper."
18:15 <@AutumnCrow> "The rest of my team has had little difficulty keeping up with me, at the very least," Crow shrugs, then adds, "I...would ask that my dream walking abilities not become common knowledge, sir. My team knows, and I have gotten some guidance from a preist of Sath, but I'd rather not become known in the guild for something I can do by accident of bloodline rather than skills I've earned."
18:18 <Torokasi> "Certainly." Jagden nods. "I can understand that. Besides, your team is likely to be known more - at least a while - as the team that stopped a mad alchemist from blowing up the Temple of the Weeping Lady, so no reason to add more to that, yes?"
18:20 <@AutumnCrow> That makes her deflate a bit, "I'm just glad we figure out the misdirection in time. If we were even minutes later, that owlbear would have killed...dozens, at least. I hope the temple can get what his actual goal was out of him, I can't imagine that simple chaos was his true endgame."
18:24 <Torokasi> "The temple got a fair amount of his plan out, yes. He was going to pull as much away from the Temple as he could to then - as I said - destroy the Temple and steal basically all the bodies of the former High Priests for ... something nasty." Jagden shakes his head. "He hasn't said anything more, other than it seems like he wasn't working alone, either."
18:28 <@AutumnCrow> "This was too widescale for him to be alone, yes...though I had been hoping he was just rich and buying henchmen with weak morales," Crow shakes her head and puts her fan away, "well, you have your message, whatever that meant, and I'm sure our guest here is eager to get back to the dreams of his own people instead of ours."
18:32 <Torokasi> "Indeed. Thank you for delivering it, yeek, and thank you, Autumn Crow, for helping him here." Jagden nods. "I'm sure we'll really meet soon."
18:33 @AutumnCrow bows again, and heads back to outside of this dream...presuming she can find the way there.
18:36 <Torokasi> The two turn toward toward the first campfire, only to not see it. The yeek frowns and seems to look around a second, before turning back to Jagden. "Did you hide the way back?"
18:36 <Torokasi> Jagden blinks somewhat owlishly. "That's doable?"
18:37 <@AutumnCrow> "...well that's new." Crow focuses and tries to create the exit back out with her dream princess powers.
18:42 <Torokasi> OOC: Will check.
18:42 <@AutumnCrow> OOC: Will save 24.
18:48 <Torokasi> Crow can feel the exit, can... feel something trying to keep it shut from outside, a massive force...! After a moment, the yeek growls as well, and Crow can feel its efforts join hers, albeit much more weakly, as Crow's mind and spirit seem to try and force the door open... ....and then the force seems to not be broken so much as vanish, the door suddenly materializing in front of Crow.
18:50 <@AutumnCrow> "Hmm. There we are. There was a barrier of sorts, something trying to keep the door closed from the outside."
18:51 <Torokasi> "Curious." Jagden comments. "I... can't say I've heard that one before."
18:52 <@AutumnCrow> "Well, I'll have a look outside to see if I can figure out what it was," Crow shrugs and then heads out the door.
18:55 <Torokasi> Crow and the yeek leave the dream, the campfire winking out behind the two of them, to... the same, greyish scene. The yeek pauses once they're out. "Before we entered, there was something behind us. This dreammind did not see what it was, however."
18:56 @AutumnCrow looks around, "do you sense it still here?"
18:56 <Torokasi> "No, it is not here, I think." The yeek shakes its head. "It was... a threat. A danger."
18:59 <@AutumnCrow> "Hmm. Then you should get back before it shows itself again. Take care."
19:02 <Torokasi> "Ah... yes. Thank you." The yeek nods slightly, before vanishing. A moment or two after, Crow can feel... something? A weight, a pressure, on her shoulderblades, all around her, as Jagden's dream door seems to... practically vanish. OOC: Will save again.
19:05 @AutumnCrow draws one fan and lazily fans herself while looking around, "your hostile intent gives you away." (OOC: Will 20)
19:09 <Torokasi> Crow turns just in time... to see the civilian. The one that was mutated by the alchemist. His face is off, like it's trying to slide off, his hands like claws, his entire body seeming to be... not entirely there, blurred, almost. "Y-you." He - it? - mutters, black ooze dripping from its neck. "Y-you. You."
19:12 <@AutumnCrow> "...I'm sorry I couldn't save you." Crow sighs, but does not relax her guard, "if I didn't kill you, you would have killed innocent people, and someone still would have had to kill you. You were also innocent, only that alchemist is to blame here, but this way only one innocent life was lost, and only one person needed to bear that burden. ...what was your name? If you have a family, I'll do
19:12 <@AutumnCrow> what I can for them."
19:15 → Dracos joined (~Dracos@c-73-170-187-100.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
19:15 <Torokasi> "Y-you." The civilian's hands pause in the air before reaching to its own chest, and... digging in. Where blood should be is instead more black ooze, falling listlessly to the ground. "You. You. You." The claws of the civilian's hands seem to dig in further into its own chest, a set of eyes visible in the black ooze. "...You."
19:19 <@AutumnCrow> "Focus. Think of your humanity, think of your own will, that alchemist's potion changed your body but your spirit belongs to you alone," Crow reached for the teachings of the Autumn Temple, "the strength of the human spirit is stronger than the mist. Focus and cast off what this man did to you." Crow tries to focus her own will on turning the man back into human somehow. Letting him cast off
19:19 <@AutumnCrow> the black ooze that surely represents the mist taint.
19:19 <Torokasi> OOC: Wis or Int check, your choice.
19:20 <@AutumnCrow> OOC: her Wis is one higher, so that. After three attempts to roll teh die and it landing cocked on the mousepad, 14.
19:23 <@AutumnCrow> OOC: willing to burn a hero point here if I need higher
19:25 <Torokasi> OOC: Nope, you passed by one.
19:26 <Torokasi> Crow's mind and will reach out... but there feels like nothing there, as if what in front of her is - was? - nothing more than a facade. The figure seems to dissolve slightly as Crow's will reaches out toward it, before the face entirely dissolves off, black roiling ooze consuming its form. "You. I. You. Y-you. Burn. Should have. Should have. You. Y-yo-you you you."
19:29 <@AutumnCrow> "...hmph. Not a man at all. So what are you, then?" Crow's left hand quietly draws her other fan and slides it open, "whatever you are, you'll find me less flamable than you'd like."
19:32 <Torokasi> "Hhhh." The body itself falls apart into the pile of ooze, still practically bubbling. "Hate y-y-you. Will burn. Will burn. Will burn. Should have." The words, from the ooze, seem to be more ambient sound than anything else, as Crow can feel the Stage practically... buckling, under the strain of the creature. "Will not. Should have. Will burn. Not forget."
19:44 <@AutumnCrow> "I'm surprised you can remember anything with whatever passes for your mind being made of goo, but good for you I suppose," Crow snarks, wondering if she has perhaps been spending too much time with Solmyr.
19:49 <Torokasi> "Hhhh...!" The ooze seems to burble and simmer, before a black spear seems to spit out from it...! ...which misses Crow entirely, Crow only briefly aware that she reflexively willed it not to hit. "Hate. Hhhh..." With that, the creature seems to pop like a bubble, the ooze vanishing  entirely and with it, the malevolence... and the Stage, Crow practically jerking awake next to Lilian who mumbles incoherently at the disturbance.
19:53 <@AutumnCrow> "...well that happened." Crow sighs and runs a hand over Lilian's back before reaching over to grab her dream journal and speaking the command word to turn the lights on.
19:53 <Torokasi> As Crow turns the lights on, Lilian mutters, "By Rosen, another dream...?"
19:54 <@AutumnCrow> "No, I'm just disrupting your sleep for no reason," Crow quips, then laughs, "yes and no, actually. This one was a bit odd. I met a yeek dreammind who was delivering a message to Jagden Skire of all people."
19:55 <Torokasi> "Weird..." Lilian props herself up on her elbow. "What sort of message?"
19:57 <@AutumnCrow> "Apparently it was in response to something he asked them before..." Crow begins writing, then as she writes down that part tells lilian, "he said 'Your eyes cannot find the path because it is hidden where you cannot go. The needle cannot be threaded by anyone in the hands of Fate any longer.'. Who knows what THAT means."
19:58 <Torokasi> "... sounds like something to ask a follower of Zuiseno." Lilian comments. "Since they're the ones that discuss Fate like it's an actual thing."
19:59 <@AutumnCrow> "Well it's not really our riddle to ask anyone. I...did actually get to meet and speak with Skire in the dream space, odd place for a proper introduction but so it goes."
20:00 <Torokasi> "Oh, nice. He knows your dad, at least, so it hopefully wasn't that awkward?" Lilian pauses. "I mean, it could have been, I dunno."
20:01 <@AutumnCrow> "Not awkward at all, no. He didn't seem the sort who stands on ceremony, not that any freind of my father's would be. It just...was what it was, I guess?"
20:01 <Torokasi> "Fair enough." Lilian nods. "...that's all that got you awake?"
20:04 <@AutumnCrow> "No, there was a burbling creature of black ooze that talked about hating me and wanting to burn me and it disguised itself with the face of the man who got turned into the owlbear, but I saw through it. It's presence was so strange that the dream space seemed to almost...reject it? It tried to kill me but missed and then the entire dream collapsed."
20:05 <Torokasi> "...okay, that justifies waking up, yes." Lilian replies drily after a moment. "That's rather creepy. The dream itself was rejecting it? Sounds like something bad dreams are made of, if you ask me."
20:08 <@AutumnCrow> "It really was. Once I figured out that it was...pretending to be that man instead of it being his angry spirit or something like that I was too annoyed to be afraid of it." Crow half smiles at Lilian.
20:09 <Torokasi> "Fair. ....I'm sure he doesn't blame you." Lilian murmurs after a moment.
20:11 <@AutumnCrow> "...it honestly doesn't matter whether he does or not. I wish we had some way to reverse things like that, but our team can't do everything. And that seems like some kind of highly specialized magic if it's possible at all."
20:12 <Torokasi> "...Yeah." Lilian gets up and hugs Crow. "...Hopefully they've got that at the temple, amongst someone there."
20:15 @AutumnCrow returns the hug, "...if anyone would, they would." Then she wiggles out of Lilian's arms to finish writing everything down before she forgets anything. "now what that black ooze thing really was IS our mystery to investigate. And I think the best clue we might have is that it kept specifically saying it wanted to burn me. Not just kill, but burn. ..also I think we may need to talk
20:15 @AutumnCrow about what kind of skills we want to focus on learning in the future in a team meeting, but that can wait for tomorrow."
20:17 <Torokasi> "...yeah, that'd probably be wise." Lilian nods. "I feel like I need to be contributing more than my luck, but... well, that's something to discuss, yeah." 
20:23 <@AutumnCrow> "...not that I'd say this in front of any of the others, but I honestly feel like you already contribute the most of anyone except maybe Para outside of combat, Lilian." Crow finishes her writing and now its her turn to hug Lilian, "and I can handle the dragon's share of the combat. Don't be so hard on yourself. But we can talk about what to focus on tomorrow."
20:25 <Torokasi> "Heh. Thank you..." Lilian replies, returning the hug. "I just... feel like I should be able to do better than I do in combat. But yes, tomorrow for that sounds good."
20:33 <Torokasi> It's the following day, up on the roof of the building, where everyone gathers. Everyone except Janda and Lilian, initially, that is - they're the last to show up after Lilian left early to go find Janda. The two come up with somewhat pinched faces, Lilian's eyes half shut. "Before we start, uh..." Janda comments, looking at Crow, "I was at the Temple. Uh, Weeping Lady's temple. Apparently the alchemist... did something or other, during
20:33 <Torokasi> the night, despite having been searched and all materials seized, and now he's in a coma. So."
20:34 @AutumnCrow *looks* at Lilian, "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"
20:38 <Torokasi> "Yes. We'll explain that in private later, but yes." Lilian says to the rest of the group while nodding to Crow. "Uh, anyway, so you wanted to have us all meet up to talk about Uhlemi and other topics, right, Crow?"
20:42 <@AutumnCrow> "Yes. Team business first. So," Crow passes out the rice bowls she made for everyone for lunch, stir fried rabbit and veggies for the meat eaters and just veggies for those that prefer that, "I think our next course of action is to take that trip back out to Uhlemi, with some more provisions so we can make a longer stay of it and try to explore and map out the place as best we can. Whoever
20:42 <@AutumnCrow> wants to volunteer for mapmaking duty make sure to bring the supplies for that. Also, considering the business with the alchemist, i'm very glad we waited until the festival like Solmyr wanted before leaving, so good call there. May have been sheer luck, but good call anyway."
20:44 <Torokasi> "Thanks, boss." Solmyr replies drily. "I can probably handle the mapping, at least, so l'll handle that."
20:46 @AutumnCrow scrunches her nose at Solmyr, "keep calling me boss and I'll start refering to you as Hat Minion."
20:48 <Torokasi> Ary snorts. "Do that anyway, it's fitting."
20:48 <Torokasi> Solmyr swats at Ary lightly. "Or don't because it's just gonna get confusing if anyone else is wearing a hat."
20:49 <@AutumnCrow> "Then you can be Sword Minion, since it wouldn't be right to break up the comedy duo," Crow smirks at Ary. "Anyway, does anyone have anything else they want to do before we take the trip back to Uhlemi? Anything else coming up we need to wait on, local tasks that need doing before we leave, anything like that?"
20:50 <Torokasi> Mare shakes her head. "I do like a nice hat, but not to your obsessive level, Sol. ...Uhlemi will be good to scour further, I think. Do we want to also get documentation on everything else they have in there, as well? I can handle that while Solmyr's mapping."
20:50 <Torokasi> Janda shrugs. "I'm more than fine with heading out at any point. Your dad said it might be a bit before we were called out to do anything else by the Guild, so we may as well be adventuring around before then."
20:51 @AutumnCrow nods to Mare, "good idea."
20:56 <Torokasi> Para coughs. "Um. ... Someone should check the board for stuff to find on the way there and back."
20:56 <@AutumnCrow> "...also a good point, we'll be sure to do that. Okay, so the other thing I want to bring up, in the light of the shards and...well, things that have been happening lately, is our general group skillset." Crow takes a few bites of her food, then continues, "this might get a bit wordy, but I've been working it over for a few days. We all fill different roles in the team, and a team of seven
20:56 <@AutumnCrow> is pretty sizable so it's better to specialize. However, we've run into a couple things we...well, just don't do well and I think we can change some of our training, especially again in light of the shards." (More)
20:59 <@AutumnCrow> "I'm going to go down this by person, with the roles we currently handle well and what we have open that I think we could focus more on...though this may seem a bit unfair becuase what I'm training in is something that takes up all my focus already that I don't have any room to branch out. So I'm not going to ask anyone to take on something they don't want to, wanting to be good at something
20:59 <@AutumnCrow> is a core aspect of being able to do it well, after all." Crow shakes her head, "I certainly would not be able to hold up under the training I do if I didn't want to master it."
21:02 <Torokasi> Mare nods slightly. "That makes sense, yes. One point I will make is that there's always the option of trying to recruit other guild members if there's a niche none of us feel we can fill."
21:03 <@AutumnCrow> "Para, you're our pathfinder and ranged combat specialist. And honestly you handle melee well too," Crow smiles at him, "to be quite honest  when you take your psionics into account, you do the most that we have the least backup for. Solmyr can work as back up for your survivalist skills, but I'll be blunt and note that there's a non-trivial gap there. The only thing I'd ask you to do is...well,
21:03 <@AutumnCrow> more actual focus on psionic knowledge, if we run into strange psychic things you're the best chance we have at knowing what's going on with it. You don't have any more room to branch out than I do, and what you do is vital. Just keep getting better at it."
21:05 <Torokasi> Para nods slightly, while Solmyr chuckles before noddding. "Yeah. Between Para and Mare I'm mostly support at this point."
21:08 <@AutumnCrow> "Well, that's the thing Solmyr. You do...everything, to an extent. You're everyone's backup, except for physical combat of course. Your warmagic is..." Crow sighs, "I don't mean to be rude, but it's honestly unimpressive. I have to ask, is that your skill level or is it just that beginner level warmagic is not impressive? This is a serious question, I don't know magic. Martially speaking I
21:08 <@AutumnCrow> can say that my mother's favorite style of Stone Dragon is unimpressive at the beginner level and abjectly terrifying at the mastery level, so I am familiar with disciplines that work that way."
21:19 <Torokasi> "Soo..." Solmyr nods. "Part of the problem is that in city fights, a lot of what I will be able to do is... uh, destructive. I'm badly out of my element there, for one. For two, I'm still working on the third tier, which should be impressive enough - that's the level at which throwing literal lightning bolts and fireballs is possible - but even then... I think I need to figure something else out as well. Improving my accuracy is part of my
21:19 <Torokasi> intent to make the more powerful stuff I can do hit more, but."
21:24 <@AutumnCrow> "Alright, so it's like Stone Dragon then. Then...considering you're Para's backup for survivalist skills as well as Janda's for healing, but as one of the mages in the group...you actually are the most well traveled and experienced of us, do you think you could take on the role of being the actual magical knowledge specialist? Marion, Janda and Lilian all have that as well, but I do think
21:24 <@AutumnCrow> we'd benefit from having one person be the central focus for figuring out magical problems. I admit I've been having Lilian do a lot of that just due to her association with Erest Rosen and affinity for research, but she doesn't have to be the one doing the role. Any of you could take it on, really. There's just the question of who wants that one?"
21:26 <Torokasi> "I can definitely pick that up." Solmyr nods. "I need to refresh myself on that anyway, and I think I can get some help from the Guild teachers on that front."
21:28 <@AutumnCrow> "Alright. So between that and focusing on your warmagic, you're the official Primary Mage now," Crow grins, "and melee can keep carrying the weight in combat until you get a handle on the stronger stuff."
21:29 <Torokasi> "Gotcha." Solmyr grins. "I'll see what I can do on the support and magic offense, then."
21:30 <@AutumnCrow> "So Janda...you're like Para here, you do a lot, though we have both Solmyr and Lilian to help with healing and Marion if absolutely needed...but it's not like only one person gets hurt at a time, so multiple healers is good. My big question for you, considering the shard is...well, what are you focusing on now? Your water magic, bardic skills and marshall skills are all highly useful but
21:30 <@AutumnCrow> you also have psionics now? Figuring out what you're focusing on now is half the reason I felt like I needed to call this meeting, honestly."
21:37 <Torokasi> "Uh. I can't... control any of that, honestly." Janda shakes her head. "I mean- I can, I'm not going to make stuff at random or anything, I just... don't know how to do more. And what Para does seems different enough that it didn't help much to try practicing with him. So I think I need to focus on the water magic and...  uh." Janda flushes a bit. "I think if I focus on the bard magics and the songs, I can get the ability to help perform
21:37 <Torokasi> on some tasks? But I sort of feel split between both - I feel like I'm good at organizing and coordinating things, and I enjoy it, but I also enjoy the singing and the ability to merge the magics I can use with that to help."
21:39 <@AutumnCrow> "Is splitting your attention between those viable?" Crow asks flatly, "again, this is a serious question. If you think splitting your attention between your bard and marshal skills is the best thing to do longterm, then do that. You certainly seem to want to do both, at least."
21:42 <Torokasi> "It... should be. If I'm doing that, I should probably focus on the bardic talents first, then..." Janda murmurs for a moment, before, "Yes, I think it's doable. I mean, I'll never be as good as someone dedicated to either, but I feel the versatility of both should be valuable even then."
21:44 <@AutumnCrow> "Alright. The other question..." Crow looks at Janda, then at Mare, "...is that you've been the primary...well, Social Expert, at least for guild, temple and any high society matters that might come up. Is that a role you want to keep focusing on, or do you want to transition dealing with non-temple social matters to Mare?"
21:46 <Torokasi> Janda and Mare glance between each other, before Mare shakes her head. "I can probably deal best with anything that isn't high society or temple work, but Janda's got the experience in those two areas. Split them that way, that sound good?"
21:48 <Torokasi> Janda tilts her head. "I think... you're better as the face in any other case, yes. I don't have to focus as much on how to bluff to get what we need, now that you're back - you and Lilian can easily handle that."
21:48 <@AutumnCrow> "So socially speaking and information gathering and the like, Janda handles Temple work, Lilian handles Street level work and you handle Guild work? Can you handle taking over any guild paperwork that has to get done from Janda? Obviously keep the rest of us, me specifically, informed of any official guild business that has to be done."
21:51 <Torokasi> "Sounds good." Mare nods, grinning briefly. "Better paperwork than most."
21:53 <@AutumnCrow> "As for what else you do...honestly, your magics are so alien to me that we're going to need several more missions with you before I really know what to make of your abilities besides the blast. If that shield isn't just for show, maybe keep up on your defensive combat abilities so you can block for Janda or Solmyr if needed. One day some monster will figure out that it's better to just ignore
21:53 <@AutumnCrow> me and go after the mages, after all."
21:55 <Torokasi> "Uh. It is not exactly for show so much as 'it hurt when thing hit me'." Mare replies drily. "Forgive me if I'd be diving behind Solmyr in such a case."
21:59 <@AutumnCrow> "Then lets add learning how to take hits and not fall down to your training instead," Crow shrugs. "
22:00 <Torokasi> "Sounds good." Mare gulps.
22:02 <@AutumnCrow> "Ary, you're the other combat specialist and a pure combat specialist is fine for mist missions. I don't know what that shard did for you, though. And...you and I both lack any way to really deal with enemies that don't get close or are in the air. I'm going to try some Desert Wind maneuvers to help with that weakness myself...do you have any plans for that area?"
<Torokasi> "I... am not sure how best to focus on that issue." Ary comments. "Not much of what I've focused on emphasized the aerial element, no."
22:04 <Torokasi> -----------------------------------------------------

Offline Taishyr

  • Vamiro
  • *****
  • Posts: 401
Re: Rank 2, Mission 2: "Laughter and Tears over Tia Marias"
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2018, 12:10:17 pm »
<AutumnCrow> "Hmm." Crow takes another bite while thinking, "...I know that nothing Diamond Mind or Stone Dragon teach is good for striking things out of reach. I'm not as well versed in Iron Heart or White Raven, but I doubt it. Tiger Claw has the leaping manuevers....but those hardly work well in heavy armor. Can you carry a couple of throwing weapons? Short range ones, hatchets or something, and do
16:43 <AutumnCrow> some practicing with them?"
16:44 <Torokasi> Ary grimaces. "My aim is...  not hot, but I'll endeavor to get better there."
16:45 <Torokasi> Janda coughs. "Um, actually. We have a lot of money with the group funds, and while I know we each have things we can look into... maybe Ary can take a note out of your book, Crow? Maybe a few potions of levitation on hand?"
16:47 <AutumnCrow> "I'm not asking you to become a specialist or something, just..." Crow sighs, "those eye things very nearly killed me in the cataclysm. And they could fly just outside of sword range and strike from there. Thankfully they weren't out of jumping scarf range, and Marion was with me as well. Anything truely long range we can leave to Para and the casters, but if you can give things like that a
16:47 <AutumnCrow> reason to either come in or back off to actual long range, that would help."
16:47 AutumnCrow looks at Janda and nods, "fighting with that was hard to keep my balance, but it's not a bad idea to have one on hand, no. Look into it."
16:48 <Torokasi> Ary nods. "I'll see what I can figure out."
16:52 <Torokasi> "I mean, Isabella probably has potions available pretty readily, at least..." Lilian nods slightly
16:53 <AutumnCrow> "Other than that...martial styles are hard enough to learn and you still have your work in the Silver Guard to worry about, though that hasn't been a big conflict of interests yet, thankfully."
16:55 <Torokasi> "Yeah, not yet. We're not in the heavy part of the year for Sath duties, and guild work get precedent often enough over anything else so long as Rei doesn't get antsy." Ary nods.
16:58 <Torokasi> "The flip side for both myself and Ary - and Janda, in a more social and less official capacity - is that the Temples will likely ask us more as our skills improve." Lilian notes.
16:59 <AutumnCrow> "So Lilian..." Crow smiles at her girlfreind, "you're right there with Solmyr on having a broad skillset that is more generalized than specialized, and I know even less about beguiling magic than I do about warmagic. Is that kind of utility over focus normal for beguiling or is that just your preferance in doing things? And I also don't know much about what Templars learn to do over time
16:59 <AutumnCrow> either."
17:09 <Torokasi> "Beguiling... we're also versatility, though a lot of our stuff is focused on - ah - movement and combat control, I guess you could say. Trying to disable enemies instead of aggressive magics, in a variety of ways. I'm still working on improving my magics as well, of course. As for my Templar training... I've actually been focusing on trying to draw attention from Mist creatures, to try and keep Mare, Janda and Solmyr safe and hopefully
17:09 <Torokasi> give you, Ary, and Para someone to pincer with." Lilian explains.
17:15 <AutumnCrow> "Combat wise, that seems fine. You have offensive spells...of a sort, that glitter spell certainly seemed potent enough, and your illusions have helped us avoid pointless combat before. Out of combat though..." Crow sighs, "we've come up on something a couple times that we're not really focused on, and that's doing actual investigative work. With our access to the temples and the various
17:15 <AutumnCrow> educations we have, research hasn't been a problem for us, but investigation has proven tricky with only you and sort of Janda and Mare being any good at it at all. Now...I'll admit, I don't have the first idea how someone goes about becoming a specialist in that, but if it's something you can do, having a specialist at simply finding things will open up jobs that we otherwise can't really
17:15 <AutumnCrow> take. Does that sound like something you're up to?"
17:20 <Torokasi> "It's... definitely something I've done before, for what it's worth. I can focus on specializing on that, yeah." Lilian nods after a moment
17:24 <AutumnCrow> "We're also likely to continue having missions crop up in the city, if that alchemist was working alone than I'll eat one of Solmyr's hats. So if you could also take point on city pathfinding the way Para does out in the wilds, that would help. We need a way to find people who don't want to be found, ideally without them learning we're looking for them until it's too late."
17:28 <Torokasi> "...Yeah, good point. I'll definitely see what I can do for that."
17:34 <AutumnCrow> "As for myself...I have the Autumn styles from the book to practice, and I'm going to put more effort into practicing Setting Sun and Desert Wind over my current best style of Tiger Claw. Tiger Claw is...in a word, vicious. Ary can already cut things apart just fine, branching out into the style that focuses on non-lethal maneuvers and the one that has ranged strikes feels like a way to cover
17:34 <AutumnCrow> weaknesses. That...is really what I want us as a whole group to be able to do, no matter what comes at us or what we need to accomplish, someone can move into place to cover for the holes in other people's skillsets."
17:36 <Torokasi> Solmyr nods slightly. "Strong focus on teamwork over each person doing their own thing... does make sense. Helps a lot that each of us have a natural area to step forward in, even now."
17:41 <AutumnCrow> "Exactly. So...with all that said, let's focus now on our trip out to Uhlemi. Mare, Solmyr, Para, you three get the supplies we'll need for it, the trip and mapping and inventory for Uhlemi itself. Janda, Lilian and I need to go over to the Temple of the Weeping Lady because I have to talk to them about the alchemist. It looks like I'm not going to be able to keep my dream princess powers
17:41 <AutumnCrow> quiet, but I think things will be fine at this point. Ary, your call on whether you want to join the temple group or the shopping group."
17:44 <Torokasi> "I'll join the temple group." Ary says with a slight nod. "Probably the most, ah, 'official' contact to Father Martenn if the dream stuff needs to come up."
17:45 <AutumnCrow> "That's fair." Crow nods, "well, let's finish lunch and then get moving."
17:49 <Torokasi> The group nods slightly and digs into the meal Crow has provided, before splitting their separate ways.... OOC: Anyone in particular you want to talk to at the Temple of the Weeping Lady?
17:49 <AutumnCrow> OOC: she'll just have Janda lead the way to whoever is handling the Alchemist, tbh.
18:04 <Torokasi> Janda leads the group to a small conference room within the Temple of the Weeping Lady. There's a cranky-looking Talmuri priest bent over documents, seemingly arguing with a city guard, and a young Talkyr in temple robes that nods to the four as they get to the door. "Hullo, Janda." he mumbles. "You four here about the shi- I mean, the, ah, alchemist?"
18:13 <Torokasi> "Yes, we... need to talk to Piastus about the alchemist. Crow here was the one that caught him, and she has something she needs to relay." Janda nods, looking to Crow for confirmation.
18:14 AutumnCrow nods, "that's correct, yes. Meeting in private would be idea, some of the information is rather sensitive."
18:20 <Torokasi> "R-right. One second." Turning to the two arguing men, he coughs, "Lady Janda-" Janda's face pinches at this. "and the other Guildspeople that caught the alchemist Bulchir desire to speak with you, Piastus."
18:22 <Torokasi> Piastus glances up, before practically swatting at the guardsperson and waddling over to the door. "Hi, yes, Janda, this isn't the best time unless it's about being able to awaken someone from a coma, you understand?" He still looks cranky, but his voice sounds almost hypnotising, like a river flowing past. "Our thanks to you all, of course, but without him awake..."
18:23 <AutumnCrow> "Would having any information about why he's in the coma help you find a way to bring him out of it?" Crow speaks up, "I have some information which we believe may be related to that."
18:25 <Torokasi> "That could help, yes." The guard interrupts, wandering over before Piastus can open his mouth. "Was there something that happened during your fight with him that would inform things, Autumn Crow?"
18:26 <AutumnCrow> "It was not during the fight, no."
18:28 <Torokasi> The guard nods. "From what I've pieced together from the temple priests and scholars, your team had attempted to capture the alchemist once before. Please, tell us what you know."
18:30 <AutumnCrow> "I don't KNOW that it's related, simply suspect. However, it does involve some sensitive information in regards to my own team that we came here prepared to speak with a priest of the Weeping Lady about if it might help due to Janda's relationship with the temple." Crow's voice is flat as she speaks, "I'm sorry, but I would prefer to speak with the priest about this in private, as I don't
18:30 <AutumnCrow> know who you are."
18:31 <Torokasi> OOC: Gonna need a Diplo attempt.
18:31 <AutumnCrow> OOC: 20 on the dot
18:34 <Torokasi> "I see.  Well, in the future, I do hope I can earn your trust, Autumn Crow. My name is Aoro Gakechi, of the city guard.  Piastus, I'm going to go speak with Shawdine again - our conversation has raised a few points I want to press further. May we meet again, Manifold." And with that the guard seems to drift past the group, the young Talkyr staring in confusion and Piastus obviously relieved.
18:38 <AutumnCrow> "Well, my timing could have been better." Crow adds flatly, "I suppose I'll begin keeping an eye out for guards who now want to learn my team's mysterious secrets."
18:40 <Torokasi> "He is a special one." Piastus replies noncommittally. "Tabit, go check in on Shawdine, will you, and take her some willow tea. The rest of you, come on in sharpish, we may not have much time."
18:43 AutumnCrow nods and follows along!
18:45 <Torokasi> The four enter, Piastus closing the door and then locking it with an overly dramatic motion. "Okay. What is it that there is?"
18:52 <AutumnCrow> "The short version, and the sensitive information in question, is that I am a Koshinite as the temple of Sath calls it." Crow sighs, "this is already known to Father Martenn of the temple of Sath, and is a fact that I would like not to become common knowledge. In the area called the Stage last night, I ran into a creature of...black ooze. It wore the face of the man who was transformed into
18:52 <AutumnCrow> the owlbear by the alchemist and threatened me though it could barely string two words together." (more)
18:54 <AutumnCrow> "It tried to attack me after I saw through its disguise, and then...the Stage frankly collapsed around it. It was not supposed to be there, I can confirm this becuase deflecting its attack took no effort at all, it simply did not have the ability to act upon the stage. However it was there anyway by some power or another. I can give you a quick transcript of what it looked like and said, I
18:54 <AutumnCrow> think some power allowed the Alchemist to escape into the dream space despite not being an actual Koshinite. Father Martenn may be able to help figure out what to do from there."
19:03 <Torokasi> Piastus' face, as Crow speaks, goes from aggravation to confused aggravation. "... Okay. I think I understand most of that, so somehow he... pushed himself or was pushed into a, uh, psionic dream state?, and then attempted to threaten you but lacked any actual power there. I'll consult with Father Martenn and see if there's any obvious way he could have managed that... and Father Martenn knows your capabilities so this explanation will
19:03 <Torokasi> make sense to him, okay..."
19:10 <AutumnCrow> "He is the temple of Sath's expert on dream space," Crow nods, "if you can give me some paper, I'll write down a description for you to bring him." As she writes, she continues, "the reason I would rather this not become common knowledge is that I doubt the alchemist was working alone and would rather mist servants not learn I can do this. And also as the hier of the Autumn Temple, I would
19:10 <AutumnCrow> rather not become known as a dreamwalker instead of a martial artist. I'm willing to speak to the temples about this because you're here trying to help people, but political circles have no reason to learn this kind of private information about me."
19:10 <AutumnCrow> Finishing the description, she hands it over to him.
19:10 <Torokasi> "...Did he have any ingested substances in him?" Lilian asks as Crow hands the information over.
19:16 <Torokasi> Piastus takes the paper, looking it over. "I should probably do this before Aoro returns... and understood. I'll keep it quiet as best as possible. As for working alone, we're confident he got resources from outside sources, but the Iron Tower doesn't know how - that is one of the reasons Aoro has been wedged into this mess as an up and coming investigator."  Then, to Lilian, "... We're still trying to figure out what alchemies he was
19:16 <Torokasi> using to alter himself. We may need to look into that as an emergency measure, or an emergency measure gone wrong..."
19:20 <AutumnCrow> "Thank you. I don't like the idea of burdening other people with what I'd like to keep private, but I'm also not comfortable choosing the option of not helping just to keep knowledge to myself, so I'm trying to strike a balance."
19:23 <Torokasi> "It's appreciated that you'd choose to relay this to us, I'll go speak with him - ah, but he may be busy..." Piastus pauses, before shrugging. "Better than being lectured by Aoro more. I'll go see what I can do, Is there anything else?"
19:24 <AutumnCrow> "No, that's all. Good luck with the alchemist," Crow smiles.
19:27 <Torokasi> "Thanks, we'll try to keep you in the loop on this matter." Piastus manages a weak smile in return, before opening the door up.
19:28 AutumnCrow leads her group out and back to the guild, if nothing interupts them~
19:32 <Torokasi> The group manages to slip out of the Temple before being intercepted by Aoro or anyone else, heading back to the guild...
19:47 <Torokasi> It doesn't take long for the group to meet up and confirm their loadout, with various discussions occupying the rest of the group's time to the evening. Crow goes to sleep with the plans of heading to Uhlemi fresh in her mind... <More>
19:55 <Torokasi> Crow lands in the Dreamscape, the Stage dark and bare, with only Janda's door present as Crow looks around.  The air feels heavy, almost oily, and the ground seems to be sticky, though it doesn't cling to her robe as she pulls free. Janda's door is a strong light, the ground around it clean.
20:00 <AutumnCrow> "....well I certainly don't like the looks of this." Moving towards Janda's door, Crow looks in just to get away from the corrupted stage.
20:07 <Torokasi> The scene is the Temple of the Weeping Lady, or... it looks like it should be, but the temple is composed of statues with water pouring from bowls and mouths onto the ground around the Temple, which seems to be surrounded by the water. Janda is standing in front of it, looking in, as Crow seems to watch from behind and above through the door. OOC: Will save
20:08 <AutumnCrow> OOC: Will save 19
20:10 <Torokasi> As Crow watches, she can feel... something pushing on her back, suddenly, seemingly attempting to push her in, but not actually managing it. There seems to be nothing around her that Crow can sense, though.
20:11 AutumnCrow looks around, but shrugs after a bit, then moves forward quietly to see if Janda recognizes her or not.
20:13 <Torokasi> Janda glances behind her as Crow enters the doorway, Crow -feeling- the door close behind her suddenly as she enters. "Hey, Crow. I, uh... don't know what this version of the temple is supposed to be, really... It's pretty, but it's also kinda creepy?"
20:14 <AutumnCrow> "So how aware are you of being dreaming right now, by the way?"
20:17 <Torokasi> "I... yeah, I mean, this is obviously a dream, but I don't know if I'll remember it." Janda's voice seems a bit flatter. "I think talking will help, but I don't know much of anything about this. This... temple on an island, surrounded by water... does this have any deeper dream meaning?"
20:18 <AutumnCrow> "Well, the Stage area outside is a mess right now. It's oily and...feels honestly corrupted. I don't know if that creature did anything to it last time, but I hate to think of something that could leave a lasting taint on the dream space. Perhaps the temple here is just a place of purity away from the outside taint."
20:20 <Torokasi> "Maybe." Janda nods slightly. "Is there anything I can do to try and clean it? Will water wash it away?"
20:21 <AutumnCrow> "I suppose it's worth a try..." Crow shrugs, then looks around for a bucket or anything else to take water out in. "The door closed behind me but I can probably force it open again."
20:22 <Torokasi> Janda looks at Crow with mild confusion, before reaching her hand out silently.
20:23 AutumnCrow takes Janda's hand, then sees if she can mentally force the door open again!
20:25 <Torokasi> OOC: Will save.
20:25 <AutumnCrow> OOC: Will save 21
20:28 <Torokasi> Crow can -feel- something keeping the door firmly shut, and presses with all her mental might... only to get a headache right behind her eyes. Janda holds Crow's shoulder. "It's not working?"
20:28 <AutumnCrow> "No...something's holding the door shut."
20:29 AutumnCrow looks around, trying to see if there's anything in the dream temple to use, "...is there a door in the temple? I might have better luck trying to turn a door into a door than just opening one out of nothing."
20:30 <Torokasi> "... The alchemist shouldn't be able to do this sort of a thing in a coma, yes? Well, it doesn't matter for the moment." Janda shakes her head, before nodding to Crow. "There should be, if it's somewhat accurate to reality. Shall we?"
20:31 <AutumnCrow> "Well, I'm hardly an expert on everything dream related, I just do things intuitively." Crow smiles, then nods, "find something to bring water out with us...or just me if you can't be pulled out. I'll splash the thing with water made of your perception of the Weeping Lady's purity and see what THAT accomplishes."
20:33 <Torokasi> "May it be pure enough to accomplish what's needed." Janda intones, leading Crow into the Temple. <More>
20:36 <Torokasi> In Verxais, the statue of the Weeping Lady stands in the center, an altar in front, the water rolling from her eyes. Here, the statue is... different. The statue, the build of the Weeping Lady, is obvious, but she holds a broken sword in her hands, and from her hands pours the water, onto a shattered altar, pews and kneeling pillows missing. All around the sanctuary, there are doors lining the walls, each with the teardrop etched in gold
20:36 <Torokasi> and glass into the wooden door.
20:38 <AutumnCrow> "This seems more like a temple ruin than an active one." Crow looks around, then runs her hands through the water coming out of the statue for a moment...before playfully flicking Janda with the water~
20:40 <Torokasi> Janda blinks in surprise, before laughing. "Hahahaha!" Janda takes a bit of the water and flicks Crow back in return. "It does look like it's been abandoned, yes... I wonder why the statue is different?"
20:41 <AutumnCrow> "Do you take a different view on her than the priests do?" Crow ventures a guess, "this is based off your subconcious. The broken sword, the ruined temple...do you feel the martial aspects of the Weeping Lady have been abandoned by her church or something?"
20:44 <Torokasi> "...mmm. I see her as someone that... would understand we need to be aggressive to stop the Mist. ... Maybe it's more, I think, that I feel like people have given up? On ever stopping the Mist, I mean." Janda muses, her hand on the statue.
20:48 <AutumnCrow> "Honestly, I think the cataclysm means we're getting closer than we have before." Crow shrugs, and leans against the closest dry surface she can find, "the forces of the mist struck back against us in a big way, that's not the kind of attack you launch against a beaten foe, that's the kind of counterattack you make against someone who's close to winning and you're desperate to change the flow
20:48 <AutumnCrow> of battle."
20:49 <Torokasi> "I hope so. A lot of priests have been saying that it may be a sign that the Mist is trying to end the 'stalemate', but... being able to recover Koire like the Trio did, I think that's a huge step! It's just so great, and if we can keep opening up new space for people..." Janda gushes a bit, before shaking her head. "We can figure out a way to end this. I have to believe that. You have to be right, I think, Crow."
20:52 <AutumnCrow> "The dragon coming to Verxais is no accident, it's because the guild is here. The Kerebos Guild is the biggest mortal threat to the Mist that likely has ever been. Heroes have always come and gone, but to be organized like this? That's...I think fairly new." Crow smiles and runs her hands through the water again, "before too horribly long the responsibility of the guild, keeping it alive and
20:52 <AutumnCrow> in fighting shape will fall to our generation. If we can rise up to make it stronger than the Trio leave it for us, and can train our own successors to make it stronger still, we can win this."
20:54 <Torokasi> "Definitely." Janda nods. "To that end, let's see if we can't get you some water and get you back out there?" She gestures toward one of the doors on the wall, one that seems undamaged.
20:55 AutumnCrow heads over to the door, opening it first to see where it goes normally!
20:56 <Torokasi> The door opens... to the wall of the Temple. There doesn't seem to be anything behind it normally. Glancing at the other doors, it looks possible they're all the same way. Janda blinks at this. "...dead-end paths of the faith? I dunno. I don't normally think about it this metaphorically."
21:02 <AutumnCrow> "Well even with this, if it makes you feel any better your dreams are more coherent than Lilian's," Crow grins at Janda, then looks around and sighs, "nothing to hold water in here, hmm...okay, I have an idea but you'll need to open the door once I think it's ready since i'll have my hands full." Taking her fans, Crow opens them and holds them overlapped with eachother, slightly flexed to
21:02 <AutumnCrow> make a makeshift shallow bowl to hold water in. Sure it wouldn't hold much but she didn't think she needed much, just enough to get the concept across. Then she holds them under the statue's hands to collect her water.
21:03 <Torokasi> The water gathers in her hands easily, Janda nodding. "Alright. Let me know when. Is there anything I can do to help you open it?"
21:05 <AutumnCrow> "Focus on it being a door out of the dream. Don't focus on specifically me leaving or you might kick me out without me having a chance to bring the water," Crow offers what she hopes is good advice, then focuses her will again to make that door a door out of the temple and back to the Stage!
21:06 <Torokasi> OOC: Keep Crow's line, fix my previous line to "gathers in her fans"
21:07 <Torokasi> Janda nods. "Got it. A door out of the dream... A door out." OOC: Will save, +2
21:08 <AutumnCrow> OOC: ...so with the +2 bonus, I roll 2 less and get a 21 again. :V
21:09 <Torokasi> It's still there, that pressing force keeping the door closed... OOC: Do you want to Hero Point?
21:12 <AutumnCrow> OOC: ...I only have 2, and it's only a 50/50 I'll get better since that was on a 10 roll. I don't think that's great odds, tbh.
21:13 <AutumnCrow> OOC: Guess i'll just find out what happens if Crow can't force her way out
21:13 <Torokasi> Janda seems concerned as Crow steps back again with the headache pounding behind her eyes. "Something's really fighting you going out into the Stage, then?"
21:15 <AutumnCrow> "It seems that way. I think it's trying to keep me trapped in here somehow. Though I doubt that will work, I'm fairly certain you can just kick me out if it comes to it."
21:16 <Torokasi> "Well, I'll give it a shot, bu- Crow." Janda's voice seems a bit sharp, sudddenly. "Look at me a second."
21:17 AutumnCrow looks at her.
21:17 <Torokasi> "...your irises are gold, suddenly." Janda says after a moment. "I thought it was just the light, but they're bright gold."
21:18 <AutumnCrow> "Hmm. I do have a headache as well. Maybe that's what happens when I try to use Dream Princess powers and fail?"
21:20 <Torokasi> "Maybe...?" Janda puts her hands on her hips. "If I don't remember this, you remember to check your eyes when you wake up, too. It seems weird to me that this would happen. Should I try kicking you out of the dream?"
21:21 <AutumnCrow> "At this point, yes." Crow sighs, "it's stronger now than it was before. Honestly I didn't even enter the Stage on purpose, I just found myself there when I fell asleep."
21:22 <Torokasi> "...Normally you've been choosing to enter, haven't you? Until now, at least. Mmm. Well, let me try..." Janda's  face scrunches up... OOC: Will check as aid another
21:23 <AutumnCrow> OOC: ....twenty. fucking. one. I can only roll that number right now it seems.
21:27 <Torokasi> "Out, out... OUT!" Crow feels her body tremor and shake as Janda yells the last phrase, as the scenery seems to shatter, the water in Crow's fans splashing upwards... and landing back in her fans as Crow finds herself where the entrance to Janda's door was, a force around her for a brief moment before dissipating. The sticky environments and dark atmosphere seem to be lingering, though, and the water in Crow's fans... is gone, suddenly,
21:27 <Torokasi> replaced by a stone that could fit square in Crow's palm, in the shape of a teardrop. Feeling it, it's cool and moist.
21:29 <AutumnCrow> "Hmm. A teardrop is fitting, I suppose." Looking around, she tries to feel out the same hostility that betrayed the goo monster's presence last time, "...still here?"
21:33 <Torokasi> Crow lets herself feel outward, while holding the teardrop... and feels the hostility all around her, in the sticky grounds and the dark air. It seems to be unable to press in on her while she holds the teardrop stone, however. After a moment of pondering, Crow hears a familiar voice - the voice of Litas - through the dark, like a knife. "Been a while, Autumn Crow. And already able to materialize dreams, too. But this curse on you doesn't
21:33 <Torokasi> suit your personality."
21:35 <AutumnCrow> "Ah, Litas Naemach. I was hoping you would show up today, actually." Turning to where the voice seemed to come from, she smiles, "a curse? I saw some ooze creature that I suspect was related to a Mist Worshipper here the other day, and it tried to attack me. Made the entire stage collapse and woke me up, in fact. Was that a curse?"
21:39 <Torokasi> "Seems so." The figure of the Deceiver seems to materialize from the air, practically holding the darkness in its hands. "A Mist worshipper decided to try and give you nightmares bad enough to kill you, not realizing you were able to walk this realm. Cute. I suppose that explains why your entire Stage has gotten so... mired. Have you considered not aggravating people, Autumn Crow?"
21:41 <AutumnCrow> "I try not to aggravate anyone who's opinion I value," Crow responds blithely, "I find I don't value the opinion of mist worshipping alchemists who murder people and try to burn down the city very highly."
21:44 <Torokasi> "Well, that sounds like it's relatively sensible." Litas chuckles. "That teardrop stone should be a step in the process of removing the curse. You just need to find a way to release its power that will cover the entire 'area' of the curse at once. Of course, with how this land works, such a thing may take you some time, but I'm sure you can figure something out."
21:45 <AutumnCrow> "Will this manifest physically with me when I wake up, or simply be here with my dream self?"
21:46 <Torokasi> "It should stay in the Dream, and be here when you return. Gives you a bit of an easier time waking up here while you, ah, clean up this mess, yes?" Litas smiles congenially.
21:47 <AutumnCrow> "Perhaps I'll try manifesting a mop and bucket," Crow shrugs and looks about, trying to get a feel for the extent of the 'curse'.
21:49 <Torokasi> It seems to extend a fair ways out, possibly out to about where Crow found Jagden's dream the night before.
21:50 <AutumnCrow> "Well, this is a problem for another night. Thank you for the information, Deciever."
21:51 <Torokasi> "Of course, of course. I'll try to stop in more since you seem to have yourself in this fancy situation." Litas keeps smiling.
21:54 <AutumnCrow> "I'll endevor to have this cleaned up quickly, but for now I think that's enough and I'm going to try and wake up."
21:55 <Torokasi> "Enjoy your actual sleep, and do clean this up soon." Litas nods as Crow returns to the waking world...
21:56 <Torokasi> ------------------------------------------------------