Looking for something new/casual?

Started by tabyk, January 17, 2017, 12:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tabyk

So... I'm taking a break from Minecraft right now, have decided that I'm not going to get back in WoW after all, and for some reason GW2 just isn't grabbing me.  Might someone know of a fun/casual MMO that is being actively supported right now?

I'm hoping for something that has heavy exploration and gathering/crafting components, as I generally enjoy these activities more than combat.  A good time waster between meetings at work.  Don't even recall how many hours I blew playing Fairyland.
"ZenCrafters!  Total enlightenment... in about an hour."

Merc

Have you tried TERA? It's a free to play MMO, though not sure that it'd be different enough from GW2 to peak your interests and as with GW2 is a bit lacking in crafting. They're both pretty games though, so I liked them for exploration.

For crafting, do you want it to be an MMO? I haven't tried it, but there's Trove, which seems fairly minecrafty/blocky, but with a bit more fantasy/combat to it.

Outside of MMOs, there's always games like Don't Starve, Stardew Valley, Kerbal Space Program, etc for crafting.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

tabyk

I've looked at TERA, but decided to pass on it as it didn't strike me as very "casual" in its game play mechanics... plus I am absolutely terrible at reflex/twitch style systems.  Dexterity, I do not have.

Yes, I want am MMO as I greatly enjoy the multiplayer/social aspects of games (buying/selling/trading, crafting, resource gathering, etc).
"ZenCrafters!  Total enlightenment... in about an hour."

Yuthirin

Quote from: tabyk on January 17, 2017, 03:47:41 PMYes, I want am MMO as I greatly enjoy the multiplayer/social aspects of games (buying/selling/trading, crafting, resource gathering, etc).
World of Warcraft, essentially.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Iron Dragoon

This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.