"Our arrogance is our power."

Main Menu

Away Thread

Started by Sierra, July 15, 2017, 01:31:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sierra

For when real life attacks.

Nephrite

I will be out of town this weekend. It is 100% fine if you guys want to go ahead and just robo-Morrison.

Carthrat

I don't know what my freedom looks like since I have a guest this weekend.
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Carthrat

To wit, I'll try and make the usual time nad think I can with about 75% certainty.
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Sierra

Noted!

We will probably skip if you wind up being out. As an experiment in running without a full team, the last time running without a full team did not encourage me that it was a good idea.

Sierra

I feel like there's a lump of plutonium lodged in my brain, right between the eyes.

We're likely not running this weekend if this continues through tomorrow. I expect I'll know for sure in the morning.

Sierra

"Better" isn't the same thing as "good." I hope to be a functional human being again by next weekend.

Ebiris

Corwin

<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Nephrite

Sierra

Thanks, everyone. I appear to have survived the week. However, I am strongly inclined to terminate this campaign for unrelated reasons.

The short answer is that GMing was a mistake.

The somewhat longer answer is that I can't creatively multitask and there are other things it's more important for me to work on. I knew this going in but managed to bullshit myself into believing that this time I'd actually be able to devote time to multiple creative endeavors at once. That's never been true before and it isn't now either, but doing the same shit and expecting different results, that's the story of these last thirty-seven years. It's also my strong impression that the campaign is more on-rails than could be fun for everyone, and that probably wouldn't be changing anytime soon. Overall, I can't imagine keeping this up for the 2+ years it would take to see this plot to completion.

I might be interested in playing if someone else runs something. Hopefully I won't flake out and sabotage it through refusal to do chargen again, but it's not like I'm in better mental space now than I was last Spring.